PDA

View Full Version : What kind of music do they listen to?

SofaKing
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:46 PM
What kind of music do you see each Naruto character listening to?

My list:

Naruto: Hmmm, hard one. J-pop maybe?

Sasuke: Gansta Rap. Sasuke is an obnoxious, arrogant, selfish little prick. His type of music should reflect that, so I'm going to go with Gansta rap. He probably turns it up really, really loud and bothers everybody too.

Itachi: Heavy metal. Itachi seems like a metal kind of guy to me. Come on, tell me that you can't see Itachi giving someone the horns....

Jaraiya: Classic rock.

Sakura: Whatever boyband is popular at the time

Gai: Pop. Gai is kind of a dork, so, I'd say pop.

So, what are your picks?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:48 PM
Shikamaru- whatever sounds good, like me.

chambers
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:52 PM
sasuke gangsta rap!?
no wayyyyy more like heavy metal.

gangsta rap is kibas (the guy with the dog right?) music!!!

shikamaru easy listening

neji just listens to the theme tune from karate kid one over and over and over id bet.....

EDIT:
itachi aint metal, itachi is hardcore.just somthing with the most incredibly loud base line beating over and over again.

also sasuke= angsty teen
metal= angsty teen music
therfore hes obvioulsy listens to metal.

gangsta rap is for some gangsta wannabe. a punk or a hood. and kiba fits that the most by miles, i mean honestly who the hell wears a parker to a fight INTENTIONALLY.

SofaKing
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:54 PM
No, Itachi is metal.

Sasuke- obnoxious crap
Gansta Rap- music for obnoxious craps

It's pretty obvious

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
sasuke gangsta rap!?
no wayyyyy more like heavy metal.

gangsta rap is kibas (the guy with the dog right?) music!!!

shikamaru easy listening

neji just listens to the theme tune from karate kid one over and over and over id bet.....

LMAO! @Neji

kAi
Mon, 08-30-2004, 10:16 PM
sakura: the australian idol runner up wanker...shannon noll
what about me it isnt fair..!!

if ne of you know who he is..

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 08-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Oro probably listens to Michael Jackson and does the moon walk for Kabuto

Nai
Mon, 08-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Naruto - Judging from his intelligence he must enjoy listening to Rap and/or Country.

Sasuke - Gothic Metal. Actually, pretty much anything that has lyrics including the words "sorrow", "vengeance", or "darkness."

Itachi - Classical stuff. Beethoven and so on.

Jaraiya - Jazz. He's a pimp after all.

Sakura - Whatever girly trend music that's currently on.

Gai - Folk Music. It just does not get "dorkier" than this.

Shikamaru - The song Conjure One - Sleep comes to mind here. I think he listens to anything tranquil really.

Orochimaru - Kizz? Micheal Jackson?

I'll leave it at that for now.

theblakeman
Mon, 08-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Sasuke= little emo bitch
Konohamaru= hardcore Korean Drum & Bass

SofaKing
Mon, 08-30-2004, 10:56 PM

metal= angsty teen music

Of all of the people I have ever met that listen to metal, none of them are angsty teens. Metal fans tend to be pretty cool, fairly well-adjusted people. Angsty teans usually listen to goth music or emo or crap like that. In fact, most of them would probably hate metal because it's 'conformist".

On the other hand, most of the people who I've know that listen to gansta rap suck ass. Sauske would definately be one of those people.

thundrakkon
Mon, 08-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Hinata = Symphony orchestra, just what a well mannered, innocent girl would listen to

Neji = Trance, though it might blow away his concentration and his stiff posture

Ten Ten = Techno, she wants to be similar to Neji, but just not there

Kakashi = Jazz, he wants to be like Jiraiya (Reference Nai post)

Tsunade = Hip hop, a lot of bouncing and she sure has the figure for it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Lee = Whatever Gai listens to

Gaara = Punk rock, whatever keeps him awake, that insomniac

Kin = Euro-pop, I don't why, just because its good and I like her as long as she doesn't talk too much i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Kabuto = Metallica, just because he is an insane, yet intelligent, evil bastard

I'll just it at that...

Himura_san
Mon, 08-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Oro listens to Marilyn Manson.

SofaKing
Mon, 08-30-2004, 11:14 PM
No, I think Nai was right about Oro listening to Micheal Jackson.

And I say that Neiji listens to classical.

Souryusen
Mon, 08-30-2004, 11:17 PM
Naruto - probably some obnoxious j-rock with big riffs
Sakura - the top 40
Gai - the soundtrack to "Carwash"
Sasuke - emo, cuz nobody, like, understands his innermost feelings
Shikamaru - that "da da da" song that got beat to death about 6 years ago, 24-7
Ino - the top fucking 40
Lee - all the "inspirational" music from the Rocky movies, probably rocks out to "Queen" too.
Neji - Jewel. Because I say so.
Hinata - probably can't get through the first 3 tracks of the latest Enya release before she vomits blood
Kakashi - Phish when he's "mellow", and you know he gets that way
Itachi - only seems mean because he can't get "Complicated" out of his head.
Kisame - the jury's still out as to wether or not he even has ears

I know I'm gonna be thinking of this garbage as I lay in bed tonight.

God damn.

Mut
Mon, 08-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by: SofaKing
Of all of the people I have ever met that listen to metal, none of them are angsty teens. Metal fans tend to be pretty cool, fairly well-adjusted people. Angsty teans usually listen to goth music or emo or crap like that. In fact, most of them would probably hate metal because it's 'conformist".

On the other hand, most of the people who I've know that listen to gansta rap suck ass. Sauske would definately be one of those people.

this is biggest load of bias crap i've seen. stop talking.

SofaKing
Mon, 08-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

this is biggest load of bias crap i've seen. stop talking.

Make me.

Souryusen
Mon, 08-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Don't make me send you both to time-out.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 08-31-2004, 12:35 AM
That was pretty bias SofaKing, but either way, that's your opinion

Anyways..Kisame probably would listen those "Ocean/sea sounds" CDs ..

SofaKing
Tue, 08-31-2004, 12:38 AM
Bias isn't always wrong.

PSJ
Tue, 08-31-2004, 12:49 AM
this is when you know you got to much time on your hands, when you start thinking about what kind of music anime characters listen to.

G-Pong
Tue, 08-31-2004, 12:50 AM
http://www.antoniobanderasfans.com/movies/Atame/Atamepix/I-N/IDOLIZE.JPG

thundrakkon
Tue, 08-31-2004, 12:52 AM
Bias isn't always wrong.

But generalization and stereotyping usually is. Let's be nice everyone, and share the love. It's music we are talking about here, and the Anime characters that might listen to them. Let's leave the real world behind and be happy we have an outlet to talk about.

chambers
Tue, 08-31-2004, 04:17 AM
"cool well adjusted" LMAO.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
this is when you know you got to much time on your hands, when you start thinking about what kind of music anime characters listen to.

I AGREE WITH THIS POST AND THIS POST ONLY!

mf
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:12 AM
http://www.mufunyo.net/narutogwblah.png

Look at naruto listening to his l33t mp3 discman i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

Naruto listens to Punk, and Gai listens to this faggy rock that you hear in Naruto - OST2 - 11 - Gai's Theme.

Eurasian
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:18 AM
neji listens to classical??? ok...

SofaKing
Tue, 08-31-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by: thundrakkon
But generalization and stereotyping usually is. Let's be nice everyone, and share the love. It's music we are talking about here, and the Anime characters that might listen to them. Let's leave the real world behind and be happy we have an outlet to talk about.

Political correctness has killed critical thought.

Kumiriko
Tue, 08-31-2004, 04:07 PM
Shikamaru and Shino Listen to classical. Or at lest orcestral.

Asuma listens to Blues

Rek
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Naruto - Total pop-punk -think green day, good charlotte, and the off spring (remember he's an original prankster)
Sakura - MTV anything
Gai - any music with subliminals to make him stronger than kakashi
Sasuke - hardcore screamo and slipknot
Shikamaru - anything thats on the radio, he's too lazy to change it... but he'll complain the whole time
Ino - same as Sakura, but she'll have more CDs
Lee -anything to train to
Neji - total emo. Neji is more emo than chewbacca
Hinata - probably can't get through the first 3 tracks of the latest Enya release before she vomits blood
Kakashi - kakashi only listens to crazy trippy stuff like tool and pink floyd.
Itachi - only seems mean because he can't get "Complicated" out of his head.
Kisame - anything by AQUA
3rd Hokage/Gama Bunta- Bob Marley, because they are pot smoking mother fuckers
Kiba- Him, his G's, homies, hoes, and dogs(get it?) listen to gangsta rap
Ten Ten- she totally digs on the girl power rock- cheryl crow, melissa ethridge, and 4nonblondes for her
Ero-Sennin- anything like "milkshake"
Shino- he doesn't listen to music... all his mp3's are bugged
Konohamaru- Korean Ska (go witches!)
Haku- Hansen... confusion about sexuality all the way

Shizune listens to Neo-Nazi thrash metal

HotSauce
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Both Uchiha brothers and naruto, and the dog guy all listen to rap!

CUE
Wed, 09-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Haha.

This is a funny thread, I was laughing when someone said that sasuke listens to "gangsta rap".

Anyhow...

Naruto: Blink 182, and he puts "teenage dirtbag" on repeat, fuckin loser.

Sakura: Nsync, Gackt

Gai: Retro, Kc and the sunshine band, Tragically Hip.

Sasuke: He likes shitty Nu-metal, he's totally into Godsmack, to express his "Rage"

Itachi: I'd say some of that new techno remixed classical music.

Kakashi: Definitely Pink Floyd. He's also into the beach boys.

Hinata: Emo, Weezer, and all that shit. Damn emo girl.

Kiba: Definitely punk. This kid loves the new style punk around. Rancid, Operation Ivy, Zao.

Shino: Fucking weird music. Trippy acid-house jazz. And he puts on "mad world" on a constant loop.

Kaka
Wed, 09-01-2004, 05:05 AM
i do alot of downloading naruto music videos, and theres a great music video of Sasuke and its to the song linkin park - from the inside.

ill post a link here so people can download the music video, ill just upload it onto webspace now i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

EDIT: http://www.un-clan.shardsofwater.com/innerconflict.rar

kAi
Wed, 09-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
Gai - any music with subliminals to make him stronger than kakashi
Haku- Hansen... confusion about sexuality all the way

lolz...thats a good one

SofaKing
Wed, 09-01-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by: Kaka
i do alot of downloading naruto music videos, and theres a great music video of Sasuke and its to the song linkin park - from the inside.

ill post a link here so people can download the music video, ill just upload it onto webspace now

EDIT: http://www.un-clan.shardsofwater.com/innerconflict.rar

A Linking Park video with Sasuke- two of my least favorite things rolled into one. Yay.

Cal_kashi
Wed, 09-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Naruto: HAppy hardcore
Sasuke: house
Itachi: deep house
Jaraiya: trance
Sakura: j-pop
Gai:breaks
Kakashi: DnB

Kaka
Wed, 09-01-2004, 02:17 PM
im not keen on linkin park in general but i enjoyed the video.

how can u not like sasuke i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

SupaNova
Wed, 09-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Orochimaru = techno...i can see him doing the moonwalk even though its not michael jackson

Rek
Wed, 09-01-2004, 03:15 PM
yes he is ^.^

hopeknight
Wed, 09-01-2004, 04:08 PM
I think Itachi would listen to classical or opera. There he is performing mass genocide while listening to Bethoven or Mozart.

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-01-2004, 04:19 PM
While I have to say that SofaKing's views on metal & rap somehow makes me put on a smile in recognition, I'll have to tell all of you to shut up. Metal is NOT for angsty teens. FUCK OFF. Don't stereotype. I can go ahead and say that only black delinquents listen to rap. I'll admit that's how it feels sometimes, due to the way it's portrayed in media and whatnot. But it's WRONG. And don't make me kill because I love my metal music and I will not take some imbecile calling it angsty music. Sure, Linkin Park/Evanescence and all kinds of "harder" music appeal to "angsty people" because they deal with problems regarding growing up. I don't like those bands. But they are a VAST minority. And calling metal angsty music based on those few bands makes my blood boil. And Terra isn't cute when his blood is boiling. So let's keep that from happening. OKAY? ^_^

Seriously. Metal. Angsty people? You can't be more wrong. When metal was created only hardcore people, the toughest of the tough, listened to it. And it's still that way, except that everyone and their pets listen to stuff like Linkin Park. Compared to "real" metal though, that easy-listened mainstream music is nothing. In fact, it's closer to heavy rock than metal. I seriously still can't believe you call it angsty music. I want to drive you over with a steamroller. Seriously. I think I just hit a new record in amount of times I've said seriously in a post. SERIOUSLY!!

Cal_kashi
Wed, 09-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by: hopeknight
I think Itachi would listen to classical or opera. There he is performing mass genocide while listening to Bethoven or Mozart.

Boondock saints flashbacks... yay!

PSJ
Wed, 09-01-2004, 05:25 PM
is this discussion still going on? oh well ill just throw myself into it becuase im bored like hell

naruto: Punk rock would be his music.
sasuke: nu metal, slipknot and korn for example.
sakura: whatever is popular.
gai: the dicso music yay!
lee: same as gai yay!
neji: so this is the trance kid.
itachi: this is the real metal head in this bunch.
kakashi: 80's pop.
jiraiya: old school rock.
orochimaru: acid jazz and things like that.
tsunade: classical?

okay im done cant continue this anymore.

SofaKing
Wed, 09-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I can go ahead and say that only black delinquents listen to rap. I'll admit that's how it feels sometimes, due to the way it's portrayed in media and whatnot.

I never said anything about only black people listening to rap. At least half of the people I was talking about were white.

chambers
Wed, 09-01-2004, 09:13 PM
the fac still remains, i could say that only angsty teens that go into schools and shoot the fuck out of there classmates listen to rock. would i be right? no. would i be right if i said only angry idiots listend to rap? no.

also its obvious your views on the subject shoudl be ignored as they are incredibly biased, and yes in this case biased does equal wrong.

SofaKing
Wed, 09-01-2004, 10:55 PM
the fac still remains, i could say that only angsty teens that go into schools and shoot the fuck out of there classmates listen to rock. would i be right? no. would i be right if i said only angry idiots listend to rap? no.

also its obvious your views on the subject shoudl be ignored as they are incredibly biased, and yes in this case biased does equal wrong.

You could (and probably would) say that 2+2=5. You would be wrong.
I could still say that 2+2=4. I would be right.

That you would say one incorrect thing about rock fans does not affect what I said about rap.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-02-2004, 12:03 AM

I can go ahead and say that only black delinquents listen to rap. I'll admit that's how it feels sometimes, due to the way it's portrayed in media and whatnot.

I never said anything about only black people listening to rap. At least half of the people I was talking about were white.

I spoke of myself in this case, not you. I was just making a wrongful exaggeration as an example.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Thu, 09-02-2004, 04:22 AM
this is a sad tread but...

Naruto would be rock

Sakura hip hop

Sasuke Hard Rock

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by: sofa king
Sasuke is an obnoxious, arrogant, selfish little prick

there ya go, you just described every heavy metal listener i know, and you defined the stereotype to a fuckin T.

sasuke in no way meets the requirments for a hip hop listner, you just dont like either so group them together. i think its amazing how stupidly narrowminded some people are. i mean look at the facts, the guy has longish hair, the guy wears black, the guy has NO friends and is a TOTAL loner, hes got MAJOR issues with almost every aspect of his life, he wont talk to anyone about anything, he enjoys NOTHING, hes condesending and rude.

how the fuck does that fit in with him listening to hip hop or gangsta rap? does sasuke wear fashionable clothes? does he wear bright clothes? does he have no hair/braids/spikey hair? does he act loud? does he act loutish? does he talk trash all the time? was he ever a trouble maker? does he try and act cool?

PureSkill
Thu, 09-02-2004, 06:43 AM
chambers no need to go pmsing at someone's opinions

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 06:49 AM
oh but its ok for him to insult me?.................sure sure sure, just because what i posted probly offends you becaus eyou listen to rock or whatever.

PureSkill
Thu, 09-02-2004, 06:50 AM
and how am i insulting you?

ssjtrunks585
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:13 AM
While I have to say that SofaKing's views on metal & rap somehow makes me put on a smile in recognition, I'll have to tell all of you to shut up. Metal is NOT for angsty teens. FUCK OFF. Don't stereotype. I can go ahead and say that only black delinquents listen to rap. I'll admit that's how it feels sometimes, due to the way it's portrayed in media and whatnot. But it's WRONG. And don't make me kill because I love my metal music and I will not take some imbecile calling it angsty music. Sure, Linkin Park/Evanescence and all kinds of "harder" music appeal to "angsty people" because they deal with problems regarding growing up. I don't like those bands. But they are a VAST minority. And calling metal angsty music based on those few bands makes my blood boil. And Terra isn't cute when his blood is boiling. So let's keep that from happening. OKAY? ^_^

Seriously. Metal. Angsty people? You can't be more wrong. When metal was created only hardcore people, the toughest of the tough, listened to it. And it's still that way, except that everyone and their pets listen to stuff like Linkin Park. Compared to "real" metal though, that easy-listened mainstream music is nothing. In fact, it's closer to heavy rock than metal. I seriously still can't believe you call it angsty music. I want to drive you over with a steamroller. Seriously. I think I just hit a new record in amount of times I've said seriously in a post. SERIOUSLY!!

right on...metal/hardcore is my favorite genre of music, and anyone who calls linkin park hardcore should be shot in the face...

<u>HARDCORE</u> is bands like Killswitch Engage, 36 Crazyfists, Atreyu, Cradle Of Filth, In Flames, and Chimaira (and you could throw in mainstream bands like Hatebreed i guess...although they only seem to get worse as they release new CDs)

<u>METAL</u> is bands like Cannibal Corpse, Dimmu Borgir, and older bands like Slayer

<u>HARD ROCK</u> is bands that pretend to be hard, but theyre really little turds who cant bear the burden of playing decent music...not all bands, just wannabes...Linkin Park DEFINITELY comes to mind here, others include Godsmack (as someone mentioned earlier), and (oh boy, I'm gonna get it for this, but...) Slipknot...they have got to be the biggest rip-off fake hardcore band i have ever seen...Their drummer kicks ass, but the rest of the band is just plain dumb...

this is 99% fact, the only opinion part being my views on slipknot...

mf
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:30 AM
What you would call Hardcore a normal person would call Deathmetal, speedmetal, thrashmetal, etc. And all the new stuff, Korn, Slipknot, Spineshank, Linkin Park, would be called "Nu-metal" (no idea where that term comes from). Anyway I'd say it's time they also categorize those bands into more fitting names, instead of the catchall nu-metal thing. Anyway, ssjtrunks (what an original name, the 585 is just the icing on the cake), your post makes zero sense.

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:40 AM
i honestly must admit to not knowing the boundries between each type of rock music, iam not a huge fan and i only like stuff by groups like ash, RHCP, white stripes, the hives, oasis. heavier than that (imo :s) would be linkin park, papa roach, limp bizkit, then youve got groups like metalica and so on. but you cant say its not music for angsty teens, rock IS music for rebellion, thats what it was made for!! rock and roll was made for young people, its there music and it will only swing out of style every so often only to come back. face it guys, rock is, as it was intentionally made, for angsty rebelling teens. you only have to watch a few films to know that.

sure there are songs and groups that completley split that theory in two, but for the most part is totally true, and it cant be argued with, go watch rebel without a cause or easy rider and argue that point. hip hop on the other hand will only be a short lived type of music because it will evolve on to somthign else, the way it has before.

terra gets angry cos someone says its angsty teen music, and says " I'll admit that's how it feels sometimes, due to the way it's portrayed in media and whatnot. But it's WRONG" well theres a invisible "but" in there. if i said ill admit it somtimes appears that rock is angsty teen music because thats the way the media portrays it showing people shooting ther schools up who listen to rock and so on. but its wrong....................well its not right, i mean strictly on topic, your not picking your fave music for your fave character, you have to pick what music you think that person will listen to, so of course you have to look at the sterotypes! and sasuke DEFO fits rock, and kiba DEFO fits hip hop.

ssjtrunks585
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by: mf
What you would call Hardcore a normal person would call Deathmetal, speedmetal, thrashmetal, etc. And all the new stuff, Korn, Slipknot, Spineshank, Linkin Park, would be called "Nu-metal" (no idea where that term comes from). Anyway I'd say it's time they also categorize those bands into more fitting names, instead of the catchall nu-metal thing. Anyway, ssjtrunks (what an original name, the 585 is just the icing on the cake), your post makes zero sense.

there is a wicked difference between hardcore and death metal...death metal (also known as black metal) is categorized by heavy vocals and even heavier instrumentals, and songs usually reflect death or anything anti-sematic (Cannibal Corpse: "Festering In The Crypt" and "Rotted Body Landslide"). On the other hand, hardcore (could be called thrash/speed metal, so youre right there) is categorized by less heavy vocals (hardcore vocals are easier to interpret), heavier drumming than death metal, and not as heavy guitar riffs (not always true, but this is the essence of hardcore music), and songs USUALLY (i say this all caps because this is kind of stereotypical) relate to some kind of pain, anger, rage, or hatred (Hatebreed: "Driven By Suffering", Killswitch Engage: "Bid Farewell" and "The End Of Heartache", Atreyu: "Bleeding Mascara", Chimaira: "Dead Inside" and "Pure Hatred"). I have been into metal/hardcore for 7 years now, some more than others (im not really so crazy about the death metal) and i've been to many concerts, and the little interludes the singer throws in proves my points...i was at a hatebreed show a couple years back, and lead singer Jamey Jasta said, prior to performing "Driven By Suffering", (not sure exactly how he put it, but it was the message i will never forget) something to the tune of "we just want to thank everyone who supported us through the years, and i would like to give a piece of advice to all our fans: don't trust anybody, not even your closest friends, they usually lie to you, and you will only end up in pain once they do"...something like that

now, i dont strictly follow that, and i know who is and who isnt worthy of my trust, and all im trying to do by this is prove my points...

oh, and thanks for the name comment, i got it from Dragon Ball Z...theres a character called Trunks on there, he was my favorite when I used to watch that show, so i decided to use his name for my screen name...and the "585"...the "icing on the cake" i have been using since i had AOL in 8th grade...its my lucky number (5) and the last two digits of my birth year (85)...

and since when did this discussion about music end up with you having to flame my screen name?

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:57 AM
And if you, chambers, would include that little BUT that made my post non-offensive I wouldn't have to sit here and plot your gruesome death for insulting my favorite music (and me).

Unfortunately you are all a bit wrong regarding metal. First off, mf, the term nu metal comes from the fact that Linkin Park &amp; it's ilk have created a new kind of metal; often mixing stuff like DJing &amp; "talkish lyrics" with your usual metal things like heavy guitars, drums &amp; whatnot. So nu metal is a sub-genre. And while your music taste is nice, ssjtrunks, you are also wrong on numerous points. For example death metal/black metal. Death &amp; black metal is NOT!!!! the same thing. They both use growls, but there are significant differences in the ways it's handled, lyrically &amp; many other things.

I suggest that if you guys want to learn more about metal you should head over to my favorite site, http://www.metalstorm.ee . If anyone else has any metal questions, aim them to me. I'm a walking encyclopedia for the genre.

But enough talk about that, now let's just get on-topic and drop the fighting. Or else I'll lock the thread.

ssjtrunks585
Thu, 09-02-2004, 08:04 AM
terra gets angry cos someone says its angsty teen music, and says " I'll admit that's how it feels sometimes, due to the way it's portrayed in media and whatnot. But it's WRONG" well theres a invisible "but" in there. if i said ill admit it somtimes appears that rock is angsty teen music because thats the way the media portrays it showing people shooting ther schools up who listen to rock and so on. but its wrong....................well its not right, i mean strictly on topic, your not picking your fave music for your fave character, you have to pick what music you think that person will listen to, so of course you have to look at the sterotypes! and sasuke DEFO fits rock, and kiba DEFO fits hip hop.

Sasuke does fit rock, kiba would fit hip hop i guess

but saying that school shootings are related to rock is bullshit

find a rap song that doesnt involve someone pulling a "gat" (sp?) and "busting a cap in (fill in the blank for whoever you are mad at)'s ass" or "rollin in my chromed escalade with my homies" or "smokin' a jay, kickin' back fo'ties" and i will give you a cookie...

punk is angsty teen music...that what all the piercings and tattoos and stupid hair styles are about...rebelliousness. You mean to tell me if you saw someone walking down the street with a mohawk and 50 piercings in their face, and tattoos saying "god hates me" that you wouldnt say "hmm, must be mad at something"...self-mutilation is a way of rebellion in this day and age, which is why the US will be in trouble when that generation grows up...

big daddy quote: "You're mad at your dad, not me, i forgive you..."
"Yeah, i am, i hate my father...sob, sob"

EDIT #2: sorry, didnt see that you edited your post...im done...

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 09:59 AM
no iam not saying i agree with the sterotypings but they are there and theres a reaosn for that. and to the above poster YES, i CAN asociate the shootings in school with rock and not rap, because thats how the media portrayed them!

SofaKing
Thu, 09-02-2004, 10:48 AM
there ya go, you just described every heavy metal listener i know, and you defined the stereotype to a fuckin T.

sasuke in no way meets the requirments for a hip hop listner, you just dont like either so group them together. i think its amazing how stupidly narrowminded some people are. i mean look at the facts, the guy has longish hair, the guy wears black, the guy has NO friends and is a TOTAL loner, hes got MAJOR issues with almost every aspect of his life, he wont talk to anyone about anything, he enjoys NOTHING, hes condesending and rude.

how the fuck does that fit in with him listening to hip hop or gangsta rap? does sasuke wear fashionable clothes? does he wear bright clothes? does he have no hair/braids/spikey hair? does he act loud? does he act loutish? does he talk trash all the time? was he ever a trouble maker? does he try and act cool?

Judging from how you behave, I've probably just described everybody you know, period.

You're also incredibly ignorant about the very series you're posting about. Sasuke's hair IS spikey. Go take a look at it before you ask such a stupid question. He also DOES have freinds, Naruto and Sakura. They've also clearly shown that Sauske thinks of himself as much better than everyone else.

Sasuke is a wanabe badass, just like all of those annoying white kids in high school who listened to rap.

you only have to watch a few films to know that.

Yeah, and you'd also come away knowing that people can dodge bullets if the believe hard enough. It figures that movies would be your main source of information about the real world.

mf
Thu, 09-02-2004, 11:06 AM
ssjtrunks - you handled that name comment well. Cheers !

Terra - sure it's new, but isn't it better to give it a proper name ? Especially with the huge genre differences within the genre, it's becoming too generic. I don't care too much though, I just listen to the stuff cause it's loud. It feeds a certain need for melodic earbashing that I have. Just like Prodigy (especially their latest) feeds my need for deep and loud bass. And just like Jazz feeds my need for nerve-easing when I'm tired. For every mood I've got a band. Anyone care to guess what part of me needs Azumanga OST? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Anyway back on topic, Jiraiya must like these weird japanese guitar thingies and drums. It's so him.

PSJ
Thu, 09-02-2004, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by: sofa king
Sasuke is an obnoxious, arrogant, selfish little prick

hmm you cant categorize ppls music taste by how they act, dress, wear their hair etc. etc. thats just stupid and narrowminded. i dress more or less fasionable and i dont hate everything but i still listen to metal. besides, since when did rappers and hip hoppers dress fashionable?

terra, dont lock this discussion please, it has finally became fun in here. the first real discussion in a long while.

Yorma
Thu, 09-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Everyone listens to HardTrance and Hard-NRG

PSJ
Thu, 09-02-2004, 11:29 AM
no they do not. jiraiya would never sink so low. hes all about the rolling stones, sweet, t-rex the list can go on.

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 01:06 PM
thats the thing tho PSJ if i showed you a picture and said to you hey what kind of music does this guy listen to? youd have no choice BUT to go off of physical appearance.

and you cant serioulsy be saying that rock bands dress fashionably? iam not saying rappers look good, iam saying its what is in fashion right now, thats all.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-02-2004, 01:33 PM
I agree with you mf, name's bad and generic. But that's the way it is. I don't really know how titles for new sub-genres emerge to begin with... but, yeah.

Discussions are fine, PSJ. However, going off-topic is not.

Going on someone's physical appearance is one thing chambers. Calling people angsty teens because they look like they do is another. And fashion is the most gay thing ever invented. I pity the idiots who follow dressing trends. Everybody should look like they want to look. Becoming slaves to what some drunkard in France says is "in fashion" is about as low as mankind can sink at this point.

Assertn
Thu, 09-02-2004, 03:41 PM
i'd have to agree with chambers on this one.......
even though stereotypes is bad, and there are lots of people that might like/dislike something regardless of what stereotypes say.....

the whole point of this discussion is to guess what type of music different characters listen to based on their personality.
and the only way to match personality and music together in a completely rhetorical sense, IS to rely on stereotypes.

and with that, i'd stereotype sakura to be the kinda person who would listen to boy bands i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

SofaKing
Thu, 09-02-2004, 04:27 PM
thats the thing tho PSJ if i showed you a picture and said to you hey what kind of music does this guy listen to? youd have no choice BUT to go off of physical appearance.

and you cant serioulsy be saying that rock bands dress fashionably? iam not saying rappers look good, iam saying its what is in fashion right now, thats all.

The 'fashion' that rappers dress in is one of their own creation.

Most musical genres have their own fashion, so most bands dress fashionably almost by definition since they set their respective fashions.

PSJ
Thu, 09-02-2004, 04:28 PM

okay terra i will try to include some on topic discussions to. what rappers wear arent in fashion here... fashions are diffrent in diffrent parts of the world. obviously.

yes, you have to rely somewhat on steroetypes to guess what kind of music they listen to but chambers used it to determine real ppls music taste to and thats wrong.

so heres my try to become somewhat on topic.

i forgot to include gaara last time. he listens to hardcore.
temari listens to pop-rock or whatever you call it like sahara hotnights and shit like that.
kankuro listens to industrial.

gotta agree with terra somewhat on that dressing completly in fashion is dumb, like follow the latest trends and stuff but the thing is when you go out to buy clothes most of it will be somewhat in fashion, the stores wouldnt sell it otherwise, as long as you dont dress all black or rapper style.

okay i included some on topic, sorry for the off topic tho but all of us has been going off topic more or less lately, even you terra...

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 04:37 PM
i never used to describe people, i was merely saying that the sterotypical listner of rock IS an angst ridden teen, like it or not thats how it is!

i hate it sometimes on this board because its full of mainly people that like rock they get on peoples backs, at least SOME people can see reason, i also notice how ONLY ONE PERSON says a godamn thing about sofakings description of people who listen to rap, yet everyone jumps down my throat saying how sterotypes liek that are wrong. how hypocritical

SofaKing
Thu, 09-02-2004, 05:12 PM
i never used to describe people, i was merely saying that the sterotypical listner of rock IS an angst ridden teen, like it or not thats how it is!

No, it isn't. You're making things up again.

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 05:17 PM
er yes it is you idiot, iam not making anything up. do you watch tv or films? people who listen to rock music are tradiditionally moody, loner, suicidal type casts.

GET OVER IT.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-02-2004, 05:35 PM
God chambers you are an idiot.

Wasn't it chambers who said that thing about Kakashi knowing all the world's jutsus or something?
It all becomes clear now...

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 05:49 PM
why am i an idiot? because i know sterotypes exsist? your the fuckin idiot.

are you actually telling me that a typical portrayla of someone that listens to rock is a level headed, popular guy whos good at sports and a hit wiht the ladies?!?! or is it a spotty often nerd like suicidal loner person?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 09-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Um yea okay Chambers? But when you say suicidal that just takes it way too far. Why can't you just say a punk type of person? Just because you dont have any personal experiance with people, and you have to take sterotypes out of movies doesn't mean all of us do.

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 06:01 PM
OMG are you stupid!?!? iam not calling all people who listen to rock sucidal!!! i know there not, just like i know all people who listen to rap dont wear hankercheifs on there heads and wear ten tons of gold.

ITS A STEREO TYPE FFS

SofaKing
Thu, 09-02-2004, 06:07 PM
er yes it is you idiot, iam not making anything up. do you watch tv or films? people who listen to rock music are tradiditionally moody, loner, suicidal type casts.

GET OVER IT.

Chambers, I think it's time for you to come to terms with the fact that you're an idiot.

Ever heard the phrase "let's rock"? How often does that mean sitting down in a corner and crying? Rock is associated with partying and kicking ass. There's this anime called Naruto- you might want to check it out. You'll notice how when they want a sad mood, they play soft music, and when there's action, they play more rock-type music.

Just repeat to yourself over and over:

"I, [insert your real name here], am an idiot."

Admitting that you have a problem is the first step to overcomming it.

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 06:16 PM
wtf are you talking about? you know NOTHING.
what i said in that quote is TRUE. while what you said is true it doesnt nothign for your arguement, as if only means that when sombody is about to go mental and shoot shit up or kick the shit out of someone that person must listen to rock cos naruto plays is when they fight, so now your associating rock with violence, pain, madness, and most of all psychopathic people. so again i say thats sausuke to a fuckin T did you see how he reacted when he leanrd of itachis prescence?

SofaKing
Thu, 09-02-2004, 06:47 PM
wtf are you talking about? you know NOTHING.
what i said in that quote is TRUE. while what you said is true it doesnt nothign for your arguement, as if only means that when sombody is about to go mental and shoot shit up or kick the shit out of someone that person must listen to rock cos naruto plays is when they fight, so now your associating rock with violence, pain, madness, and most of all psychopathic people. so again i say thats sausuke to a fuckin T did you see how he reacted when he leanrd of itachis prescence?

I know that you don't know what you're talking about. You're very predictable, chambers. Whenever you can't argue your point effectively, you start making things up.

Try actually watching Naruto before talking about it. They don't "go mental". Their ideal is to approach combat calmly. You sound like you watch the series after being filtered through the mind of a 10 year old. The only characters who "go mental" are Sasuke and Gaara. And, hey, guess what, they weren't playing rock music when Sasuke learned that Itachi was back. They played it when Jaraiya used his frog esophagus technique, though.

Stop being a retard and try getting your shit straight before you post.

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:02 PM
sasuke, gaara, lee, naruto, zabuza, tsunade.

also guess what? iam not making things up, all those characters went beserk the only one that MAY not have had rock music was tsunade but id wager she had it to. aproach combat calmly the only people who have done that are kakashi, itachi, gaara and neji. everyone else goes mental and kicks the shit out of them.

and guess what else when sasuke goes mental and trys to chidori itachi what type of music where they playing?

you cant possibly argue that its a hip hop sterotype to be quiet, retreating, lonley, calm, selfish, and mental. yet i can thing of rock groups that sing abotu NOTHING BUT those subjects ALL THE DAMN TIME.

SofaKing
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:08 PM
sasuke, gaara, lee, naruto, zabuza, tsunade.

also guess what? iam not making things up, all those characters went beserk the only one that MAY not have had rock music was tsunade but id wager she had it to. aproach combat calmly the only people who have done that are kakashi, itachi, gaara and neji. everyone else goes mental and kicks the shit out of them.

and guess what else when sasuke goes mental and trys to chidori itachi what type of music where they playing?

They were playing ochestral music, you idiot. And when has Lee, Zabuza or Tsunade ever gone berserk? Are you really that stupid that the actual events in Naruto get replaced in your mind by this ridiculous fantasy version of yours? Who do you think you're fooling other than yourself?

And my exact words to describe rap were: "Gansta Rap- music for obnoxious craps"

That's right there on the forum, and you can't even get that right. Do us all a favor and kill yourself.

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:12 PM
your kidding me right? ER HELLO!!?!!?

ZABUZA almost GUTTS an entire squad of people over the defiling of hakus body.
LEE goes utterly mental when trying to beat gaara.
Tsunade trying to beat orchimaru after protecting naruto (yes i would say taking a sword stab in the chest and punching some guy so much it makes you almost collapse mental)

SofaKing
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:22 PM
your kidding me right? ER HELLO!!?!!?

ZABUZA almost GUTTS an entire squad of people over the defiling of hakus body.
LEE goes utterly mental when trying to beat gaara.
Tsunade trying to beat orchimaru after protecting naruto (yes i would say taking a sword stab in the chest and punching some guy so much it makes you almost collapse mental)

Zabuza was going after the guy who hired him because he betrayed him.
Lee never went mental. Even when he was about to use primary lotus, he was calm.
Tsunade was fighting to protect someone.

None of thse are examples of "going mental", just of you being an idiot.
You sound like the guy who created the "Official Ninja Website" http://www.realultimatepower.net/ with the only difference being that you actually believe this crap.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Actually Lee was calm he just opened some gates....he went crazy physically not mentally. Zabuza did not go crazy he just killed those guys because he wanted to kill the fat one. And Tsunade was perfectly calm if she wasn't then why were Orochimaru's exact words: "she stopped shaking". The only reason why she continued to pound Oro was because he wasn't acting like he was getting ran over by a couple trucks which is what tsunades punches are like. So she continued to beat on him till he was actually hurt, she never went berserk. Only caharcters who have gone berserk is Gaara-fighting Naruto/Sasuke, Sasuke-when he went after Itachi, and Naruto-during most of his fights. And I think Gai went a lil berserk when Tsunade told lee about his 50-50 chance.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:26 PM
wow you can post websites form a few years ago how good are you........

what? so you dont define punching someone till the point that you are SICK as mental? cos id say it was pretty fucking wacked up.
what? lee never wnet mental who the FUCK are you kidding? he was standing up when he was knocked out thats how fuckin mental that guy was, he was willing to risk his life to win a single match thats how fucking mental he was.
what? you dont think running into a crowd of people with a knife in your mouth trying to gut them all, becuase someone kicked your friend? you dont think thats mental???

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING?

both of you are complete fucking idiots if you think rock lee was clam when he was getting crushed by sand, your off your fucking rockers if you think that running into an armed crowd wiht the odds stacked heavily against you, fighting so hard your physical features actually change, believeing you are going to hell so nothign matters as long as you kill one guy. and your complete insane if you think tsunade was compeltely in control when she was pounding oro, ffs she was losing control she didnt want to stop till she killed him thats fucking mental for you. sane in those situations would have been asking kakashi to kill the head of that group as they obvioulsy had a mutual respect at the end. sane would have been letting jira throw a few shots in on oro to ACTUALLY kill oro, sane would have been NOT risking your life to win a fight inwich the odds are heavily stacked against you and to win that fight (with no ones life on the line i may add and no negative happenings should he be beat in a normal manner) you must put your life at risk performing a certain move without even contemplating the amount of damage the other person may inflict.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Dude what are you smoking? I don't know about SofaKing but I think going mental is losing complete control over your actions and just beating the hell out of someone even after there dead and stuff. Not just showing lots of commitment to your fight, if you were gonna say that you could say neji is mental or Shino. That doesn't make any sense but anyway we have all lost complete track of the topic here guys. So forget about it.

SofaKing
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:31 PM
what? so you dont define punching someone till the point that you are SICK as mental? cos id say it was pretty fucking wacked up.

Not if they have a good reason to.

what? lee never wnet mental who the FUCK are you kidding? he was standing up when he was knocked out thats how fuckin mental that guy was, he was willing to risk his life to win a single match thats how fucking mental he was.

That's because of how important being a good ninja was to him.

what? you dont think running into a crowd of people with a knife in your mouth trying to gut them all, becuase someone kicked your friend? you dont think thats mental???

The knife was in his mouth because his arms were injured. Haku was like a son to Zabuzza. I'd say he had a pretty good reason to do what he did.

The only thing here that's mental is your ranting. You can't comprehend anything above a first grade level, so you see everybody in the show as 'going mental'. Grow up.

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:34 PM
dude get over it. your so fuckin dense its not even funny, if you think that its perfectly normal for someone to put a fuckin knife in there mouth and attack a huge mob JUST beacuse you cant use your arms..............well then you VERY clearly listen to rock.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:36 PM
dude get over it. your so fuckin dense its not even funny, if you think that its perfectly normal for someone to put a fuckin knife in there mouth and attack a huge mob JUST beacuse you cant use your arms..............well then you VERY clearly listen to rock.

Wow dude, grow up. You were wrong so that doesn't mean you haveta take shots at people now.

Assertn
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:41 PM
chambers, sofaking......you both are getting way too emotional over nothing
you're lucky the mods arent being very strict with the no flaming policy

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:42 PM
i wasnt wrong. even in a world dominated by ninja's these actions are so fuckin insane. if they were normal, and were all 100% justified people wouldnt think the rock lee fight was the ebst so far, they would be like "meh so what he got a bit angry and then got hammered" but he didnt get a bit angry or stay calm, he went completely fucking mental and risked his entire life to win one fight, and were not even tlaking abotu risking his fight by being in the ring with gaara, were tlaking the move he chooses to do on gaara, rock knows it will destory him. its not sane for anyone to take achoice where they lose either way.

EDIT well ill stop flaming when he stops being so godamn rude and obstinate despite eveidence to the contrary.

SofaKing
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:48 PM

Like I said, the rest of us understood why he did it. You can't, though, since you're an idiot, so it must be because he was going mental.

chambers
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:56 PM
look man, if 8 men ran into my house butchered my whole family and left me for dead then a year later when i recovered i went round to there house with a chainsaw and cut them up into quivering chunks of flesh, then you can clearly say i was utterly utterly mental. sure you can see the reasoning behind such a thing, but that doesnt justify it, it isnt a good enough motive, and if you dont think thats the action of a mentally deranged person, do you HONESTLY think that a jury would NOT convict me on the grounds of diminish mental capacity rather than 8 times murder?

i know exactley what woudl happen. id be locked up in a funny farm.

SofaKing
Thu, 09-02-2004, 08:04 PM
....and this happens in Naruto where? And what does the legality of this have to do with Naruto?

Oh, and another thing you are ignorant about: To plead insanity, you need to show that you were incapable of telling the difference between right and wrong at the time of your actions. It isn't enough that a 10-year old would describe what you did as "mental".

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 09-02-2004, 11:29 PM
thought this was supposed to be about the music they listen to.......

KitKat
Thu, 09-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Whew, I can feel the hostility radiating off of my computer screen....

Anyways, here's my contribution to the topic: Naruto would listen to his own Naruto OST, cause it's about him i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 09-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Naruto: Loud, tough rock like guns n' roses, soundgarden, pantera.
Sasuke: Techno and Trance.
Sakura: Z-100
Neiji: Probably classical
Hinata: Goth, goth metal, and alternative. The cure, Bauhaus, Type O negative, Tori Amos
Shikamaru: Ska
Rock Lee: Yep, I agree with the guy who said rocky inspirational music.
Kakashi: Punk rock and rap, old school.

rainstorm
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:15 AM
Here's one for ya...

Naruto - mostly light hearted but has a tendency to take things too seriously and tries to deny his inner turmoil: Punk or Goth Rock
Sakura - Intellect above all and very underconfident of her own abilities: Classical or Pop
Sasuke - Has problems joking around, is arrogant, but is well aware of his own limitations: Rap-Rock (think Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park)
Itachi - Definitely likes to explore his hobbies, very jovial, but serious only when he needs to be: Metal (yeah, I agree with that one)
Erro... err.. Jiraiya - Can't deny his near-pedafilistic desires, literary mindset, patience above all: Jazz or R&amp;B
Gai - HAIR METAL!!! (j/k)

rainstorm
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
Naruto: Loud, tough rock like guns n' roses, soundgarden, pantera.

Soundgarden??? Eh? I can see grouping GnR and Pantera together, but Soundgarden? I don't get it. You are talking about the same Seattle band who opened 3 tours with Pearl Jam, right?

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Lol. Soundgarden is the toughest of the seattle bands if you ask me. If you feel like it, check out songs like Jesus Christ Pose, Slaves and Bulldozers, Beyond the Wheel, Flower, Alone, etc. You'll see what I mean. Don't let the radio stuff (though still good) fool you. Soundgarden had muscle to boot. It's worth listening to if you don't know.

Sanjuro
Fri, 09-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Lets See....
I can definitely see Sasuke listening to Linkin Park or some such other whiny crap, I think Naruto would listne to Techno and J-Pop probably, Sakura and Ino...obviously boy bands (sluts) Hinata...contemporary Christian (or the ninja equivalent???) Shiakmaru is probably down with Marley all the way, Jiraiya and Kakashi I would say are Jazzy-fresh, I think Kiba listens to Wu-Tang alot (why? Why not.) oh and I have to agree that Rock LEe and Gai Sensei probably rock out to Queen regularly

EDIT: Oh yeah and I could see Neji and Itachi listening to classical/ opera

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 09-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Hmm..wonder what kind of muisc fits Gaara

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-03-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
Hmm..wonder what kind of muisc fits Gaara

I still think he'll listen to Heavy Metal, or anything that would keep him awake. He is an insomniac, afterall. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-03-2004, 03:49 AM
That's it. Chambers, you are going on vacation. And this thread is closed.

Oh and btw chambers most metal fans are very big because they enjoy working out, there is a connection between gaining muscles and the adrenaline kicks which you get from real metal music.

You are lucky you didn't get to say those things in front of me. I'd be much obliged to show you just how much of an angsty teen loner nerd -I- am...

Krbadass
Fri, 09-03-2004, 03:55 AM
Thread opened. No reason to close a thread thats this big for that and you didn't even tell the nerds to stop. And also, did you pm chambers before you banned him? Did you warn him on the thread?

Terra: Please Have patience with old members, lets keep the ones we have as long as we can. How long are you planning to ban him for?

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:00 AM
It may be big but this is now more of a "music-style" fight than a discussion about Naruto characters' musical preference.
He has received multiple warnings. I don't think chambers is much of an old member either, a few months, and nobody really likes him anyway.

I don't know. I guess a week or two.
Shouldn't mod discussions like this be taken on PM?

Krbadass
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:02 AM
A big thread like this can be easily verted back on topic. Chambers has over 500 posts meaning hes an active member. I didn't see any warnings. I just want to make sure the members know there is justice.

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:20 AM
To be honest I've already have had a lot of patience with him. You should know me. I telled him to get back on track and stop the trash-talking but it didn't cease. If kicking him out after those warnings isn't justice than nothing is. Calling me a fucking idiot was the drop to fill the glass so to speak.

Yes he has many posts but a lot of it is crap. But nevermind that, he'll be back in a week or so and hopefully a lot less full of shit when it comes to this subject.

Now then, Gaara's music. I'd say he listens to "the soothing screams of his mother", but I guess heavy metal works too...

Krbadass
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:23 AM
I missed where he called YOU an idiot directly... pm me a link?

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:25 AM
Sure.

You are correct though, justice is important. I hope nobody here is cringing at what's going on. Everything I do is stuff I believe is best for the forum... though it might not always be correct... but what the hell i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Krbadass
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:31 AM
Ok lets see if we can save this thread. Back on topic

I can see Hinita listening to jazz i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Kakafosha
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:31 AM
i'd like to think everyone of the character liked to listen to rock. im not really a fan or rap, but i think its better than listening to metal CR*P. though a lot of their personalities show that most of them really wouldnt listen to music. people like sasuke, shino, gaara, shikamaru would find music like annoying.

Munsu
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:37 AM
I kinda see Pakkun listening to some Boy George and Wham!... occasionally he would put some Barry Manilow

chambers
Fri, 09-03-2004, 05:15 AM
i still think sasuke listens to heavy metal for obvious reasons.
kiba defo rap.
gaara listens to hardcore (dance not rock)
knowing the age of jira he probly listens to duran duran

Mut
Fri, 09-03-2004, 09:13 AM
NO TERRA DON'T BAN HIM

we need him for survivor 2.

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
NO TERRA DON'T BAN HIM

we need him for survivor 2.

It's only a small vacation. He'll be there in time for the contest. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Fri, 09-03-2004, 03:25 PM
wow, how come those to didnt get warnings about go off-topic? i dont really care tho cause it was a interesting discussion.

gaara listens to hardcore(you know the type thats kinda close to metal or hard rock)

Sanjuro
Fri, 09-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Damn this thread did become a war...over who listens to what kind of music. Yet i dont see anyone defending rap! Into the fray! just kidding. but seriously how come nobody has said that maybo Kiba is a Baha Men fan?

EDIT: now that thats posted....oh god...its so corny

EDIT: oh yeah and nobody in Konoha listens to country music?

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
wow, how come those to didnt get warnings about go off-topic? i dont really care tho cause it was a interesting discussion.

They got multiple warnings... just that they might have been hard to miss, being at the end of my posts. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:03 PM
oh, didnt notice those that. did sofaking also get a vacation or was it only chambers?

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:17 PM
chambers only.. But he's unbanned now since the topic is back on track and whatnot. He's a long-time poster after all, so... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

OneMind
Fri, 09-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Hi this is my first post on got woot forums but i been with this site for awhile .I'm a big fan of this site and love all the great anime on here.I felt that I needed to post on this thread because I grew up with hip-hop and a very big fan of it.First off its not fair to put all hip-hop genre into 1 form calling all of it "gangsta rap " or saying hip-hop when your talking about a pacfic genre.Just like rock hip-hop has many forms,you have east coast rap (think jay-z or nas),dirty south(lil jon),mid west(nelly,kayne west),west coast rap(2pac,dr dre)then from those you have these: street-hop(break dancing, rap battles),
gangsta rap(talking about gangs and guns),underground hip-hop(rapping about life and real world problem without cursing)pop-rap(this crap like gangsta rap really makes hip-hop look bad talking about money and ho's.you know the stuff mtv shows).Now this is just in america many countires have there own form (japan has j-rap which is sort of 80s like style of hip-hop,puerto rico has a form of hip-hop called reggeton which is spanish rap mix with reggae)I could keep going but the list is really long you get the point I hope.

So sterotyping is not fair because not all rap genre are the same.Also sterotyping people that listen to it is also not fair .Im a dark skin hispanic and i dont dress and talk like the rappers you see on mtv and im not a thug or a wannabe gangsta im just a guy that lives in brooklyn and likes anime and final fantasy games ,I also box and right poetry on my spare time(when im not working or with my girlfriend).And although im a big hip-hop fan i am very open minded and also listen to different types of rock (except for gothic not a big fan but i dont dislike anyone that does).So before you judge people or music do what I do and listen to the different types of that music get an understanding for it you might just see things different.Also dont buy into what MTV thinkswhats rock or rap judge it for yourself by listening to under ground artist that try so hard to get notice but cant because tv stations like MTV and BET think there music isnt cool.

With that said heres my hip-hop version of some of the music the cast of naruto would listen to :

Naruto - he is kinda dorky and has alot of energy ,I see him into j-hip-hop

Sasuke-hes a deep thinker and knows the problem around him,I see him into underground/oringal hip-hop just seems like he would enjoy itand understand it.

Sakura -She is kinda hard but I would have to say rap-pop(i can see her liking shady and nelly for some reason)

Jaraiya- Old school 80's hip-hop all the way plus and pop-rap that talks about women i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Gai- old school hip-hop plus street hop (come on you know you can picture Gai trying to break dance)

Hanata Kakashi- he would be fan of j-rap

well that what i think good day i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Edit: sorry if its to long but i had alot to say after reading every post.

Assertn
Fri, 09-03-2004, 07:36 PM
but wouldnt you saying "j-hip-hop is for energetic dorky people" be a stereotype? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

welcome to GW btw i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-03-2004, 07:43 PM
Welcome to the forums OneMind! You seem to be as dedicated and cunning within rap as I am with metal. I find it nice when people learn so much about things they like. You seem like a nice and well-mannered guy, so you'll probably have a nice stay here.

Knives122
Fri, 09-03-2004, 07:46 PM
That is of course if you dont go around Mut@t@, he sometimes gets a little um grumpy,

And Itachi looks like one of those Classical music people, just think him listening to bethoven(sp) and beating people up

PossiblE
Fri, 09-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Heh, this thread is interesting.

Naruto - I could see him being into some crappy genre, he's a hard one to define. I would have to say... honestly I can't think of anything for him.

Itachi - Real Metal, he would probably listen to melo-death, death, and doom metal.

Sasuke - The trance/techno as people have said seem to fit him well.

Sakura - Once again, as said, the popular pop bands.

Jiraiya - Older rock/metal, like Maiden and such.

Gai - Glass Tiger.

Kakashi - Another tough one, maybe power metal?

Bleh, and that ends my second post.

OneMind
Fri, 09-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
but wouldnt you saying "j-hip-hop is for energetic dorky people" be a stereotype?

welcome to GW btw

lol i knew that kinda came out wrong i ment to say j-hip-hop is very funky and energetic there for its right up narutos alley i just threw the dorky part in because that s what i think of him not the music.

Also terracosmo i read all your posts and agree with alot of it i am very open minded and feel that doesnt matter what type of music you listen to but the person you are inside .I have friends that are into metal and friends that listen to hip-hop we are a cool bunch and although we might not like the same music we all agree that sterotyping people based on what music they listen is just dumb.

Thanks for the warm welcome love the site i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Fri, 09-03-2004, 08:04 PM
i dont think all this time that anybody actually MEANT to stereotype people for their music interests....

its just that, as i mentioned before, in order to classify what the different characters would most likely listen to, you'd have to take the stereotypes into account.
If i say shikamaru listens to classical music because its more peaceful and intellectual style of music appeals to laid-back genius types, then i'd be stereotyping.

In fact the only way i could predict what shika's music preference is without stereotyping and without actually knowing what he listens to would be to just pull genres out of a hat.

anyway....enough about that i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

KitKat
Fri, 09-03-2004, 08:07 PM
It's good to have these discussions to dispel stereotypes. We all know that stereotyping is bad, but everyone tends to do it and the only way to get rid of a stereotype is to educate people. Whenever I tell anyone that I'm a dedicated metal fan, they always look at me in surprise and say, "What? Really? I can't believe it!" The fact that I don't look like the stereotype they have in mind forces them to re-evaluate their opinions. Anyways, OneMind, I really appreciated your post on hip-hop. It's a genre that I don't really enjoy listening to, so I don't know much about it. I think that being a little more informed helps me to be less likely to stereotype it, and the people who listen to it.

I think that Iruka would sing camp songs with his students and then not be able to get them out of his head and end up singing them over and over for the rest of the day i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Suddenly this thread became very cute, I think now we should have a group hug.

...or a group handshake works too. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Souryusen
Fri, 09-03-2004, 09:28 PM
I'll begin...

Kumbaiya, my lord! Kumbaiya!

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 09-03-2004, 09:33 PM
hehe Souryusen, since this is a Naruto thread, the song we all should be singing together is.... a Naruto song!
Let's all sing Haruka Kanatai/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Souryusen
Fri, 09-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Somehow the "singing together" thing loses potency when the bass is rattling your teeth.

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Fumikomuze akuseru kake hiki wa naisa, sou dayo.. lol

There's already a thread for this song, so I don't think I should continue any further. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Is it better when we all get along? *handshake for guys and hugs for the gals* i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:07 AM
Gai=Village People

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:18 AM
Kiba = the "who let the dogs out" song

chambers
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:32 AM
i defo reckon the ramen guy has country an western goin on at the back of that little shack.

Rek
Sat, 09-04-2004, 07:35 AM
totalllly

(and don't you love how the metal thread has moved to naruto?)

TwisT
Sat, 09-04-2004, 08:05 AM
Gai: Comeone.. He is a disco-dude.. So disco-music..

Lee: same as Gai

Itachi: of course.. heavy metal

Neji: I think trance.. Cant se him with anything else..

Shikamaru: Trance.. Its to trubblesome to listen to anything with text..

Naruto: Probably mainsteam pop

Sakura: Boyband.. No question about it..

Sasuke: I think the guy who said Gangsta rap was right.. Some kind of rap music at least..

Oro: Yeah!! Micheal Jackson..

Gaara: probably so goth-music

well i dont get anymore pictures about anyone else..

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Kabuto probably Michael Jackson with Oro

Sandaime maybe big band, swing music, the old stuff.

Sanjuro
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Oh right "thriller" right?

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 09-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Jiraiya= funky porn music

HotSauce
Sat, 09-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Porn has its own type of music?

PSJ
Sun, 09-05-2004, 05:36 PM
yep didnt you know?

chambers
Sun, 09-05-2004, 06:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
needs to watch more porn.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 09-05-2004, 06:50 PM
...or be more aware of the effort the director had put in like music, sound effect, costume, lighting effect, perspective and such. be more vigilant Hotsouce

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 09-05-2004, 11:46 PM
ahem...going back on topic...

Originally posted by: Sanjuro
Oh right "thriller" right?

Yeah, that would be the song

DB_Hunter
Mon, 09-06-2004, 06:50 AM
Suddenly this thread became very cute, I think now we should have a group hug.

...or a group handshake works too.

You are ployying something very evil arn't you...?

Nara Shikamaru VI
Mon, 09-06-2004, 08:11 AM
i know how your 'group hug' works i saw it in teletubbies.

SK
Mon, 09-06-2004, 08:30 AM
seemed to me like this guy SofaKing was tryin to make a flame war about music from the beginning of this thread, especially tryin to talk shit about hip hop, or make a connection between him not liking hip hop or sasuke. id like to say two things
SofaKing= idiot
chambers= idiot (didnt we already know this?)

SofaKing
Mon, 09-06-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
seemed to me like this guy SofaKing was tryin to make a flame war about music from the beginning of this thread, especially tryin to talk shit about hip hop, or make a connection between him not liking hip hop or sasuke. id like to say two things
SofaKing= idiot
chambers= idiot (didnt we already know this?)

-Sharingan-Kakashi= little bitch

I wasn't the one who started flaming.

chambers
Mon, 09-06-2004, 09:11 AM
actually you were. take a look back. you insulted me first.

and why are you bothering to even start this up SK?

Nara Shikamaru VI
Mon, 09-06-2004, 10:34 AM
where is the love (pls forgive me i cant help it with the pun)

PSJ
Mon, 09-06-2004, 12:33 PM
wow, why is -sharingan- -kakashi- insulting ppl at random? that stuff shouldnt be brought up again, just keep it on topic instead.

to all of you that says that sasuke listens to rap, open your eyes he is a nu metal bitch, he got it written in his fore head.

Hinata <3
Tue, 09-07-2004, 02:51 AM
Hinata Listens to Raised Fist End of story i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SK
Tue, 09-07-2004, 06:52 AM
because all i read was the first 2 pages hehe im lazy

chambers
Tue, 09-07-2004, 07:00 AM
i can see where ya cummin from tho, i hate havin to play catch up on large topics.

jing
Tue, 09-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Sasuke= Faint by linkin PARK

PSJ
Tue, 09-07-2004, 09:22 AM
yep yep thats sasukes kind of music.

SofaKing
Tue, 09-07-2004, 04:02 PM
actually you were. take a look back. you insulted me first.

and why are you bothering to even start this up SK?

Once again, you are wrong on both counts. You were the one who started attaching me, and -Sharingan-Kakashi- is the one who is starting shit.

chambers
Tue, 09-07-2004, 06:25 PM
You could (and probably would) say that 2+2=5

thats an insult.

also it just so happens that your name and his happen to both have the same initial. think before you tlak first eh? of course i was tlkaing about him.

Elite Hentai
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:44 AM
Naruto: punk rock
Sasuke: trance
Sakura: top 40 n00b
Ino: same as Sakura
Shikamaru: too lazy to download (yes download) music. Is forced by Ino to listen to her music.
Chouji: Fat Joe
Shino: Rammstein. His favorite song is "Ich will" and he loves the music video with the ants pwning the beetles
Hinata: I can only imagine her listening to Rythem or other kinds of kawaii music
Kiba: Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Lil' bow wow
Kakashi: J-hop like Dragon Ash and Rip Slyme
Gai: Country. just imagine him with a cowboy hat XD
Rock Lee: he used to listen to the same music as Gai but now he listens to Linkin Park Ï tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter."
Neji: hardcore (dance)
Ten Ten: J-pop
Orochimaru: Marilyn Manson (Michael Jackson is innocent!!! he is still weird though)
Tsunade: Hip-Hop, Dancehall because I can easily imagine her shaking her stuff
Jiraya: same as Tsunade but he doesn't listen to the music; he only looks at the chicks in thongs in the video clips and at live performances
3th: Reggae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-08-2004, 02:22 PM
hmm. in my opinion, too many of the characters would probably listen to various kinds depending on mood. i dont think i could associate one type with any one character.

Although i can see the 3rd listening to reggae

lol

SofaKing
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:21 AM

You could (and probably would) say that 2+2=5

thats an insult.

You insulted me in the post before that.

chambers
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:28 AM
i called you biased, it isnt an insult, its what your views were, biased.

Elite Hentai
Thu, 09-09-2004, 11:46 AM
SofaKing... chambers... Grow up. This stupid argument you to have, just let it be. It doesn't matter who started it.

Knyteguy
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:16 AM

EDIT:
itachi aint metal, itachi is hardcore.just somthing with the most incredibly loud base line beating over and over again.

also sasuke= angsty teen
metal= angsty teen music
therfore hes obvioulsy listens to metal.

Angsty teen music? Do you know how many people that are much much older than teens go to metal shows? More than the teenagers that go. EMO is angsty teen music, not metal. You obviously 1) don't know how to spell worth shit, making your post stupid from the beginning, and 2) don't listen to much metal.

Incredibly loud bass line over and over? How many people that are older than teenagers listen to incredibly loud bass lines over and over? Not many. Obviously this is an opinionated thread, but you are very, very mistaken.

chambers
Fri, 09-10-2004, 08:56 AM
why so? because i chose music based on what suits the character rather than what i would like the person to listen to? the reason older people dont listen to songs that feature repeating base tracks is because the music hasnt been around that long. also dont make fun of my spelling when your grammar is fucking pathetic, this isnt an englsh forum and i will spell however the hell i want to, my posts are readable.

SK
Fri, 09-10-2004, 11:41 AM
haha lol Knyteguy got OWNED i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jakins
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Jirayaa listens to Barry White, helps with his research
Oro litens to Bjork Feat howling Ghouls
Tsunadee loves the Beatles

....and I think you'll all agree with me when I say (unless ur german ofcourse) Sakura is well into David Hasslehof!

Elite Hentai
Sun, 09-12-2004, 03:33 AM
I want to see all the cool characters rap in the new intro/outro i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Knyteguy
Wed, 09-15-2004, 01:58 AM
why so? because i chose music based on what suits the character rather than what i would like the person to listen to? the reason older people dont listen to songs that feature repeating base tracks is because the music hasnt been around that long. also dont make fun of my spelling when your grammar is fucking pathetic, this isnt an englsh forum and i will spell however the hell i want to, my posts are readable.

They are hardly readable, but that isn't the point. You say metal is angsty teen music, yet you show no arguments for this statement at all. I say that only teenagers listen to repetitive bass lines (read: gay), and you say it hasn't been around long enough. It actually has been around since mid-early 80s, although it was semi-underground. All your points are completely invalid at all, if you had said that Sasuke listened to just "angsty teen music" leaving out the metal, it would have been a completely valid point and it wouldn't have been a controversy as it is now.

Also, my grammar is not perfect, but it also isn't pathetic, as again you show no points for that argument at all. All this is invalid, however. So until you can show some support for any of your arguments, you're beat.

Aramis
Wed, 09-15-2004, 02:12 PM
they listen to whatever plays in the background at the place they are drawn into...
they don't really have a choice in the matter.

PSJ
Wed, 09-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Duh thats just what we hear.i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Assertn
Wed, 09-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by: Knyteguy

They are hardly readable, but that isn't the point. You say metal is angsty teen music, yet you show no arguments for this statement at all. I say that only teenagers listen to repetitive bass lines (read: gay), and you say it hasn't been around long enough. It actually has been around since mid-early 80s, although it was semi-underground. All your points are completely invalid at all, if you had said that Sasuke listened to just "angsty teen music" leaving out the metal, it would have been a completely valid point and it wouldn't have been a controversy as it is now.

Also, my grammar is not perfect, but it also isn't pathetic, as again you show no points for that argument at all. All this is invalid, however. So until you can show some support for any of your arguments, you're beat.

didnt we just get over this discussion?
i didnt know that we had to present a list of arguments to back up our guesses on what music the characters listen to

PSJ
Wed, 09-15-2004, 02:36 PM
i dont think he was referring to that but referring to the point that chambers called metal angsty teen music which is wrong but if you read the whole thread terra already corrected ihm on that part and its usless to start another fight in this thread.