PDA

View Full Version : Help

Paulyboy
Sun, 08-29-2004, 04:43 AM
Im sorry to bother you guys do you know good cool animes that have good storylines and stuff. Like Naruto, FMA, Trigun, Gungrave, DBZ, Inu-Yasha, etc. Anyone know any that they could recommend i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Sun, 08-29-2004, 04:50 AM
Im sorry but this is the wrong place to post this thread... this should be in the general anime forum

Nai
Sun, 08-29-2004, 12:33 PM
I'd recommend Hunter X Hunter. It's the best anime I've seen to date. Simply ingenious character development.

And this should really be in General Anime.

Kef
Mon, 08-30-2004, 03:22 AM
everybody should see Noir and .Hack//SIGN!

EVERYBODY!!!

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:16 AM
I'd recommend the Bubblegum Crisis OVA and its sequel Bubblegum Crash. They are fairly old (late 80's and early 90's) but they're both really good (particularly Crisis), and they're on boxtorrents unlike the 2040 series (which is licensed by ADV I believe) which I'm still yet to see...

.hack//sign is quite good as mentioned above, though it doesn't cater to everyones tastes...if you want a lot of action you'd be looking at the wrong show...but storywise its pretty good. I prefer .hack//dusk to sign as its a lot livelier (plus I got into .hack in the first place through the dusk manga).

Samurai Deeper Kyo is pretty good too. http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,933,mplzhx,samurai_deeper_.html

Another pretty old (but quite gory so if you don't like violence then its probably not for you) but really good anime is Ushio and Tora which is dead funny and full of action http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,442,hqntca,ushio_and_tora.html

Aeon
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:42 AM
I recommend you see One Piece, Madlax, and Elfan Lied. Out of those 3 I would say Madlax has the best story. I also would suggest you start watching Otogizoushi, dunno why but I think this show is leading up to something big when all 5pieces are collected.

kAi
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:53 AM
ones mentioned and also
Scryed, Gundam Seed, Macross Zero, Hellsing....many others

Munsu
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:57 AM
From what you have seen... I would deffinately recommend Hunter x Hunter and One Piece.... I think those are the two the most relate to what you are watching...

Twelve Kingdoms.... this is deffinately the best plot oriented anime i have seen... to bad it hasnt been finished...

Berserk... a must watch.... I recommend watching the anime first then reading the manga...

I think you'll probably also enjoy ROD OVA and TV... Kenshin...

some Hajime no Ippo would be a good pick also

Chrno Crusade was good enough... i really liked the ending....

watch GANTZ...

Scrapped Princess would be a good choice also

LastEXILE is awesome too, great plot, story, music, and characters

Project ARMS also has a great plot... (this is currently my favorite series)

Shura no Toki is good also

Great Teacher Onizuka... this is a must watch for all anime fans

Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars, and Banner of the Stars II.... awesome plot and some characters that will make you love them

I agree with Aeon's recommendations aswell.... Elfen Lied, Madlax, and Otogizoushi

im gonna stop now....

Damn I hate this type of threads because if i could i would mention everything i have seen since i enjoy most of what i watch...

Everon
Mon, 08-30-2004, 02:04 PM
I managed to pick up LastExile and was pleasantly surprised on how much I liked it. Chrno Crusade was good, though it felt rushed a bit due to time constraints. If you're into the Mecha thing, there is Mars Daybreak and of course the Gundams (GSeed was pretty entertaining). Gungrave was a pretty good gangsta story (though its one of those animes that you'll need to stick through the first 4 episodes before you start to like it, and you may not like the protagonist of the story)

Paulyboy
Mon, 08-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the info guys, ill watch the animes you recommended me and thanks Budweineken for helping me out the most and I can tell you enjoy animes like all of us the most. I have seen all the Rorouni Kenshin, but do you know what the Kenshin show is called when hes like a little kid and how he started out was.

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-30-2004, 06:49 PM
That would be the OAV series of 4 episodes, also known as Samurai X.

Paulyboy
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Oh i see thanks terra, but is there really only 4 episodes???? because i seen some of the music videos of ova or samurai x

Munsu
Mon, 08-30-2004, 09:01 PM
4 episode OVA as a prequel to the TV

and a 2 episode ova sequel to the tv

http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=73

http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=90

http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=195

kAi
Tue, 08-31-2004, 12:50 AM
theres a kenshin movie also...isnt there?

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 08-31-2004, 12:54 AM
Get Backers is a nice anime. Very good comedi and awesome action scenes.

Then we also have Now And Then Here And There, the best anime ever, watch it to learn why it is the best.

KameronFrye
Tue, 08-31-2004, 01:45 PM
Now and Then is sweet, I'd recommend Metropolis if you need a good movie fix. It was done by the creator of Astroboy.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is quite nice, too. I'm also digging on some Samurai Champloo and Full Metal Alchemist right now. For not so recent, check out some Samurai Deeper Kyo.

glitched
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:22 PM
i would recomend VANDREAD series is excelent, but is a lil under the radar, but still one of my favs
FLCL is great as well for comedy and the WTF feeling
and wait till gantz dvd season 1 is released, the current tv subs are to sensored, season 2 wont be as sensored, or just read the gantz manga, its my favorite manga