PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 228

kage_bunshin
Sat, 08-28-2004, 01:22 AM
Hi guys this is my first post in the naruto manga section. About a month ago I finally succumbed to the manga after being so loyal to the anime! Anyway I have no regrets. heheheh

get it at www.narutofan.com

Naruto_-_Kun
Sat, 08-28-2004, 01:24 AM
umm well, chapter was very interesting its on narutofan as kage said its also in mangareaders for irc users xdcc is /msg MR|Phoenix xdcc send #44. I found it very very interesting. Story is picking up very well i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

originalkrn
Sat, 08-28-2004, 01:56 AM
so good. So Cool. And im confused. Did Sasuke complete it? Did he achieve his lifetime goal?

Xeo
Sat, 08-28-2004, 02:00 AM
That was definitely one of the craziest manga chapters ever... It played out the way I thought it would. Unfortunately, I feel that Kakashi will interfere once again. This is the only the second time that nine-tails has completely taken over Naruto. The first time was when Sasuke "died" very early on in the series. I don't think it happened completely when Naruto was facing off against the Oro's snake in the second exam, and after that, it was under Naruto's control. I guess Kakashi will have to interfere before it goes too far this time. Sasuke is in definite trouble. It's funny that Sasuke always has to be in trouble before Naruto busts out full-fledged nine-tail power.

Xeo
Sat, 08-28-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by: originalkrn
so good. So Cool. And im confused. Did Sasuke complete it? Did he achieve his lifetime goal?

I don't think so, Naruto was not killed and it seems he still has the regular sharingan in the second last page of the chapter. For him to acheive his goal, Naruto must die which is something I don't think Kishimoto is about to do.

kAi
Sat, 08-28-2004, 02:37 AM
absolutely AWESOME chapter...

yeah it looks like kakashi might interfere but he could also be a little late but with kakashis speed he should reach them pretty quickly...

some people arnt going to be happy about naruto healing so quickly either...
but i thought it added to the effect...

and what about the little flashbacks i thought they were played into this chapter quite well also, and im positive that is shikarmaru, chouji and there fathers dont know who the other is...anyone?

naruto full lost it now, well not completely he will just break sasuke instead of just killing him, which would be easier...so he hasnt lost it completely...

i also want to see kakashis face when he sees them, coz no doubt that sasuke will probably be CS2 and naruto already gone kyubi, coz he has only felt the seal weaken he doesnt know naruto can channel and control kyubis chakra...he could know if someone has told him...

onemoregook
Sat, 08-28-2004, 03:02 AM
continuing with the dejavu, i have a feeling itachi is gonna intervene when kakashi arrives. hmm...

Stoopider
Sat, 08-28-2004, 03:51 AM
Yay. My predictions correct. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hmm. I think their going to battle it out, Sasuke's going level 2. And their going to fight to the death. I wonder if they'll fight till Kakashi arrives. Or maybe Sasuke would run away by then. Now Sasuke with level 2 cursed seal, you think he has enough chakra to make kage bunshin decoys?

PSJ
Sat, 08-28-2004, 04:19 AM
wow awesome chapter. naruto rocks i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

fremeer
Sat, 08-28-2004, 04:39 AM
after reading the chapter and artistic bug took hold of me
anyways here it is

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/8742/kyuubi.jpg

the water was hard to do, i might fix it later but i really like kyuubi in it

Naruto_-_Kun
Sat, 08-28-2004, 04:40 AM
gg double posts. Anywho, i dont think kakashi will intefere or any1 else for that matter, itll end and then he will arrive

kAi
Sat, 08-28-2004, 05:48 AM
not bad fremeer...

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-28-2004, 06:03 AM
I liked how Naruto cried while he used Kyuubi powers.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 08-28-2004, 06:14 AM
naruto is pretty serious, although i don't feel it to be good for the plot naruto might just take sasuke home, someone has to interfere because sasuke and his puny lvl 2 seal won't be able to stop naruto know

EpoC
Sat, 08-28-2004, 06:58 AM
No.. you're right lvl 2 isn't enough!

then he would have to try out lvl 3.
then there might be a real badass fight.

Stoopider
Sat, 08-28-2004, 07:02 AM
Sasuke's Farked.

Zuttasoxx
Sat, 08-28-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by: EpoC
No.. you're right lvl 2 isn't enough!

then he would have to try out lvl 3.
then there might be as real badass fight.

Euhm does sasuke have the level 3 ability of that lame ass seal? Cause the other 4 sound nins had have the same ritual like sasuke and only used level 2 and that was their limit. A level 3 would be sooo lame.

paran0id
Sat, 08-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Just read it. Can't wait for next week when Naruto pwns Sasukes lvl2

viciousHyuuga
Sat, 08-28-2004, 07:42 AM
yeah its pretty obvious kakashi is going to stop them somehow. overall nice chap. do you think sasuke can get mangekyou yet cuase he only has 2 dots on his eye, wouldnt you need 3 first.

RasenDori
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:09 AM
the next chapters gonna be interesting because the kyuubi is really fast and sasuke has the lee speed taijutsu. it will be interesting to see how things work out when he uses level 2. i think kakashis gonna be late, and hes just gonna be a body gatherer. no matter what happens naruto still has to lose this fight. and im not sure how weakened kakashi is but i hope hes consumed a fair amout of chakra so he doesnt have to fight sasuke in level 2, cause sasuke going back to the leaf.

hyuga_hinata
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:27 AM
I hope Kakashi gets there a little too late, but enough time to see Sasuke in a pulp and carry him back to Konoha, where Tsunade will tell him to QUIT being a ninja because he's a little toO farked up (and mentally not suitable)

obake
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Oh, HELL YEAH! 228 kicked ASS.

229 is going to own you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Toruxxx
Sat, 08-28-2004, 12:07 PM
i cant wait to see 229 228 was gr8 but abit to short.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 08-28-2004, 01:37 PM
really raelly want to read the next chapter

Elessar
Sat, 08-28-2004, 03:01 PM
The curse seal amplifies the owners abilities. So it is still possible that Sasuke gets the mangekyou through lvl 2 - rendering the death of naruto useless.

Personally, I hope the kyuubi eats Sasuke. Would be a nice turn of events i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Nice notice 1: Kakashi is sent on a S-rank mission all by himself (talk about weak...)
Nice notice 2: now that the first round of missions is done, Shino might come back i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kenshi
Sat, 08-28-2004, 04:13 PM
the raw pics was coo and the translation made the story incredible. love sasuke's surprised expression. he seems completely caught off guard. perhaps he will be more determined to goto orochi??? i can't wait to see what happens next week.

piasEnigma
Sat, 08-28-2004, 04:45 PM
all this "Lvl" shit is turning it into DBZ...

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 08-28-2004, 05:04 PM
This is definately NOT how I wanted things to proceed. Sasuke can't handle this. Unless his Shanringan is powered up to the point he can use one of its ultimate techniques, he's fucked. This fight cannot end up being a one sided beat down. I've waited too long for this for the story to end up taking that direction *whimpers*. Level 2 better make Sasuke waaaaay stronger than those 4 weaklings that got killed by choji and company.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 08-28-2004, 05:33 PM
naw those sound 4 said he was gonna be on the same level as them strength wise so sasuke's fucked big time someone has to safe his pathetic ass, would be cool to see oro coming up to save him yelling "no, don't touch my sasuke-chan!"

Assertn
Sat, 08-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by: piasEnigma

OMFG SOMEBODY JUST BECAME STRONGER AND THEY CALLED IT "LEVEL" KINDA LIKE DBZ!!!oneone
<shoots self in head>

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 08-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
naw those sound 4 said he was gonna be on the same level as them strength wise so sasuke's fucked big time someone has to safe his pathetic ass, would be cool to see oro coming up to save him yelling "no, don't touch my sasuke-chan!"

Those 4 got beat by genin and had to go to level 2 to beat 2 generic jounin. They don't know anything. Sasuke's probably going to be stronger.

Sidnne
Sat, 08-28-2004, 05:45 PM
One of my favorite things about this chapter, now that I see it translated, is Naruto crushing Sasuke's arm.

Several things make that really great. The first is Sasuke arrogantly rambling about how he impaled Naruto with the Chidori so that he can't use the Rasengan anymore. Then Naruto turns around and crushes the arm that Sasuke does the Chidori with, so that he can't do Chidori anymore.
The second thing is Naruto emphasizing that he will break the bones in Sasuke's arms and legs to stop him from going to Oro. As if to say, 1 down 3 to go.

Himura_san
Sat, 08-28-2004, 05:48 PM

I would not compare Naruto to DBZ, OTOH every shounen story has this element of getting more powerful, don't expect the format to change.
If you don't like it change the channel, simple solution to a simple problem.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 08-28-2004, 06:48 PM
I hope Kakashi or who ever gets there first to stop the fight,comes after Naruto breaks atleast one of Sasukes arms.

Sasuke should feel honored he is the only living person who have seen Naruto like this.

Was it just me or did Naruto teeths seem bigger than the first time he became like this.

Knives122
Sat, 08-28-2004, 06:50 PM
thats like his totally berserk controled form, Ive noticed that there have been different forms to his kyuubi transformations, but they were bigger

Masamune
Sat, 08-28-2004, 07:03 PM

its amazing how much ppl have a trauma about a 10 yr old anime

that they start yelling IT HAS A FAR OUT SIMILARITY WITH DBZ,SO NOW THE ANIME SUCKS

anime's have things in commen, get over it.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:02 PM
A great chapter by itself, too bad that it's leading to a crappy direction...

as much as enjoy watching Sasuke soiling himself and admiting that he sucks, i've been waiting for about a year for him to finally get out of the damn picture and go suck Orochimaru's dick...
Kishimoto had so many oppertuinities (it's 03:40, don't expect me to spell right anything longer than 7 letters) to end this arc with and to direct the story to almost every possible way, and yet he chose the DBZest way of pitting 2 power ups against each other, and to drag it on for a long, long time...

complains aside, my hopes for 229 are that Naruto beats Sasuke and litratlly makes sure he's coming back, but then Kakashi comes and stops Naruto from crushing Sasuke's bones, and while Kakashi's there, Sasuke uses the chance and escpaes (maybe too injured too walk without lvl 2 seal, i hope), and when Kakashi sees Sasuke running, he tries to yell at him to stop, but then Naruto punchs him in the face and throws him 20 feet far (i bet that once he starts hitting Sasuke, he won't ever wanna stop!) and goes after Sasgay. and then Kakashi jumps at Naruto and tries to stop him by chidoring Naruto legs, and meanwhile, Sasuke escapes....

but of course, that's not what's gonna happen, this fight will last at least until aoctober (remember the 7 letter thing? it still applies) and this damn arc will follow into 2005 at ease...

could you believe it was only a day since everything started? the manga readers are 24 hours ahead of the anime watchers....

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:09 PM
I am also fucking annoyed by the constant DB/Z craptalk. Naruto's author loves DB/Z. So of course there will be influences, and a great deal of manga/anime has DB/Z as primary source. And it wasn't THAT bad. Don't throw hate on the show because it's the cool thing to do, elitists.

PEOPLE DO ENERGY ATTACKS! OMG! DB/Z! GAY CHAPTER!!!

This RULES. So stop the fucking complaining!

This is not directed at anyone in particular, so don't feel pointed out.

Noonan
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:09 PM
I can't help but think,

"sasuke left in a bucket, and it looks like they are going to need on to drag whats left of him back"

Assertn
Sat, 08-28-2004, 09:33 PM
you know what would be a good fighting anime series? one where nobody ever improves over the course of the series......yeah.....that would be so badass.....

Uchiha Barles: who says raido and genma are "generic" jounin??
genma was totally giving baki the look of death....he knows his stuff
and raido was the one chosen to stand by the hokage's side during the chuunin exam.....he must be badass

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 08-28-2004, 10:35 PM
If they were really badass jounin, I think we would have had an opportunity to see their stuff before they died. Or at least should have. Maybe if they really are badass, we'll see them in a flashback, but I doubt it. About standing next to the hokage thing, remember what happened to the people hokage took with him to hunt down orochimaru? They died in no time. I don't think kakashi or Gai would have died that fast, they're not generic jounin. Truth be told, I really don't know, but that's the impression that I get. And, regardless of their strenghts, those 4 orochimaru lackies still undeniably got beat by genin, two of them having died in a one on one fight without any interferance.

Assertn
Sat, 08-28-2004, 10:38 PM
they.......didnt die.........

they were in the hospital healed by tsunade.......

and they said if they werent worn out from their mission, they wouldve easily taken out those 4 sound guys

Knives122
Sat, 08-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Cant remember if the Elite 4 were in their lvl 1 seals when they took the two or three guys out, but I dont think it would of been that easy for them if they were in lvl 2

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 08-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
they.......didnt die.........

they were in the hospital healed by tsunade.......

and they said if they werent worn out from their mission, they wouldve easily taken out those 4 sound guys

Really? Whoa...alright, it was something like 3am when I decided to start reading the manga from the point right before the sannin fight, to the second chapter first chapter after the sasuke flashback explaining itachi's actions (sorta explaining), so do forgive my ignorance. Never mind everything I said. Except that those 4 sound are weak, that still stands.

Raven
Sat, 08-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Death Boo: I think Kishimoto is giving what so many people want - a massive battle, all cards on the table, between Sasuke and Naruto. That's probably his reason for dragging it out so much.

Knives122
Sat, 08-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Duh, I get it now they're weak b/c they're sound ninjas, and you know how much they suck the big one

kAi
Sat, 08-28-2004, 11:54 PM
i also think that this might be a good way for sasuke to develop his sharingan to 3 dots...because he wont be able to keep up with naruto and then slowly he will catch on when he is getting the beating of a lifetime...

kyubisrage
Sun, 08-29-2004, 12:15 AM
omg sasuke can't get his ultimate sharingan unless he kills naruto. Also I dont think naruto will go that far is to smash all the bones in sasukes body. He might break some legs and amrms but i dont think he will do anything fatal to sasuke. I cant imagine tsunades face when kakashi and naruto bring sasuke back for treatment she would be think what the fuck happend to this guy

Mut
Sun, 08-29-2004, 12:19 AM
am i the only one who thinks that kakashi will be too late to stop the naruto vs sasuke fight?

Knives122
Sun, 08-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Its pretty obvious that he will be

Raven
Sun, 08-29-2004, 12:28 AM
He'll probably rock up to find a few limbs lying around.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 08-29-2004, 12:29 AM
dunno, nothings going to be the same after this, so Kakashi's going to be too late to stop something from happening. The fight might end because Sasuke makes his escape, or convinces Naruto to let him go, or Sasuke actually wins. If the fight is still going on by the time kakashi makes it there, poof. I really don't know. This chapter threw me off. I seriously didn't believe Naruto was going to go full out kyubi on us much the same way I thought he was going to lose to neji.

kAi
Sun, 08-29-2004, 12:33 AM
kakashis late for everything else why not now...
but this could also be one of the first if not the first he is on time..

hornetmike
Sun, 08-29-2004, 01:52 AM
i don't think sasuke is going to go mangekyou yet. even if he did somehow manage to kill naruto. he hasn't gotten his last dot yet. so we know that there is much that he hasn't developed yet. maybe level 2 curse seal will help him develop his 3 dot.

Also i would love to see the look on everyone's face when they hear naruto beat the crap out of sasuke and broke every bone in his body. especially sakura's

Assertn
Sun, 08-29-2004, 02:18 AM
no.....the point of kakashi......
will be to pick up naruto when he's lying unconscious after the fight

xtort
Sun, 08-29-2004, 02:31 AM
I'm very much hoping that Sasuke's "different" seal is way more powerful than the stupid Sound 4's. I would love to see the foreshadowing come to some kind of fruition.

My prediction: someone other than Kakashi will stop the fight, OR after fighting for some time, there will be a dialog where Naruto finds out how much Sasuke values him as a friend (possibly by Sasuke revealing to him that Mangekyou can only come about by killing your best friend).

-xtortout

kAi
Sun, 08-29-2004, 02:46 AM
how much sasuke values him as a friend there fore i must kill you to develop the mangekyou sharingan so i can kill my brother who put me through hell...but do not worry after this is complete i shall become hokage for you and let everyone acknowledge me even more than they do now...

hyuga_hinata
Sun, 08-29-2004, 04:10 AM
hahaa, yeh - steal the limelight... as usual

w455up
Sun, 08-29-2004, 04:35 AM
As the manga has said before, Sasuke's curse seal is levels above the Sound 4, on par with Kimimaro. AND if Kimimaro in level 2 nearly killed Gaara, we might imagine what Sasuke at level 2 would be like. Perhaps not so godlike, but still with a capability of taking down uber-Kyuubified Naruto. In the end I believe they'll knock each other out, then I think there's gonna be interference, but I'm thinking it would be Kabuto coming out after Orochimaru gets waaaay too tired of waiting. Then we get our Kakashi vs. Kabuto, where neither of them can afford to run away if they want to accomplish their misisions. Where we can finally see who's more badass

Hakeem_21
Sun, 08-29-2004, 04:43 AM
Death Boo: Kishimoto is a master of making things too long so i wouldnt be suprised if this arc didnt end this year...

kAi
Sun, 08-29-2004, 06:22 AM
kimimaro is above the sound four...
yeah could be possible with a kabuto v kakashi fight...

RasenDori
Sun, 08-29-2004, 08:17 AM
i just want to note that the kyuubi healing factor was way fast. i've seen wolverine recover from an arm that was reduced to an adimatium skeleton within a few pages and thoght that was fast, but to heal as much as naruto did in three panels...thats just crazy

PSJ
Sun, 08-29-2004, 09:56 AM
did you even notice how much of kyuubi he released? and dont be comparing fuckin marvel comics to naruto please. naruto went into crazy kyuubi mode he got the claws and everything now.

ohpeekaboo
Sun, 08-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
and dont be comparing fuckin marvel comics to naruto please.

whoa calm down. some marvel comic characters have powers easily on par with naruto characters. itachi's mind-rape attack seems akin to some of the marvel telepathy characters, and naruto's power level would be jack shit compared to some of the marvel baddies who were capable of destroying worlds (think: that whole gauntlet saga stuff). so yeah don't pounce on a guy for making a comparison. yeesh.

kyubisrage
Sun, 08-29-2004, 01:53 PM
well i got a theory what if naruto beats sasuke and then sasuke says im sorry naruto. Because they were probably talking while fighting. Then sasuke makes a journy and finds a way to get the 3 dot on his sharingan using another way. Maybe itachis wrongmaybe u cant get it a 2nd way

Sidnne
Sun, 08-29-2004, 02:14 PM
As the manga has said before, Sasuke's curse seal is levels above the Sound 4, on par with Kimimaro. AND if Kimimaro in level 2 nearly killed Gaara, we might imagine what Sasuke at level 2 would be like. Perhaps not so godlike, but still with a capability of taking down uber-Kyuubified Naruto.

Sasuke is nowhere near Kimimaro's level. Kimi was a master of his bloodline limit and had various techniques as his disposal. Sasuke is still just a gennin who doesn't even have a full Sharingan yet, his jutsus are limited to Chidori and Kaiton, and he can't even use Chidori anymore because Naruto crushed his arm.

Also, Kimi nearly killing Gaara isn't all that impressive when you consider that Naruto wanted to kill Gaara too until Sasuke stopped him. In fact, Naruto put a whoopin' on Gaara in Shukaku form, while Kimi never landed a blow on "Stable" Gaara.

I just can't imagine the level 2 seal giving Sasuke enough power to defeat Kyuubi Naruto.

well i got a theory what if naruto beats sasuke and then sasuke says im sorry naruto. Because they were probably talking while fighting. Then sasuke makes a journy and finds a way to get the 3 dot on his sharingan using another way. Maybe itachis wrongmaybe u cant get it a 2nd way

That's a terrible theory. If that happened I would have to stop following the series. Maybe thats would happen in the 4Kids version. But not Kishi's version

Hotsuma
Sun, 08-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Okay, folks. All of you people saying "OMG, it's Kyuubi Naruto. Sasuke's dead!" seriously need to just shut the fuck up. I want Sasuke to lose this fight like all of you do, for the sake of the plot advancing past Oro, but at the same time, I ALSO want to see a good fight. Why? Because fans have been waiting six fights. Maybe more, if they waited since chapter 1.

We haven't even see Sasuke's true strength yet, and all of you are acting like it's over. It's not over. Not by a long shot. So, stop with your Kyuubi dick riding, people. Try to imagine everything we've read through for this fight.

But! For the sake of advancement (doubtful for now), I hope Naruto ends this now.

Mut
Sun, 08-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by: Sidnne
Also, Kimi nearly killing Gaara isn't all that impressive when you consider that Naruto wanted to kill Gaara too until Sasuke stopped him. In fact, Naruto put a whoopin' on Gaara in Shukaku form, while Kimi never landed a blow on "Stable" Gaara.

dude, the hell are you talking about. you're ignoring the fact that gaara's fight against kimimaro went way shorter than it could have and kimimaro was actally closer to killing garaa than naruto was. also, kimimaro landed a "stable" hit on gaara, as he broke through that thich ass wall of sand.

Raven
Sun, 08-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Sasuke is nowhere near Kimimaro's level. Kimi was a master of his bloodline limit and had various techniques as his disposal. Sasuke is still just a gennin who doesn't even have a full Sharingan yet, his jutsus are limited to Chidori and Kaiton, and he can't even use Chidori anymore because Naruto crushed his arm.
I'm pretty sure Kabuto said the two of them were about the same level when he was talking to Kimimaro... I can't remember exactly what he said though.

riftwing
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn

I'm pretty sure Kabuto said the two of them were about the same level when he was talking to Kimimaro... I can't remember exactly what he said though.
He only said that they both had seals and that they both had advanced bloodlines so he wasn't sure who was stronger.

Sidnne
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

dude, the hell are you talking about. you're ignoring the fact that gaara's fight against kimimaro went way shorter than it could have and kimimaro was actally closer to killing garaa than naruto was. also, kimimaro landed a "stable" hit on gaara, as he broke through that thich ass wall of sand.

dude, read often? I didn't say a stable blow, I said stable Gaara, meaning not an out of control Gaara in Shukaku form.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm saying that Kimi almost killing Gaara isn't anything to get all hyped up about and to start declaring Kimi the most uber of uber.

Raven
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by: riftwing

He only said that they both had seals and that they both had advanced bloodlines so he wasn't sure who was stronger.
Yes, he said "I wonder who is stronger, you or him" suggesting they're both roughly on the same level right now. Well, Kimi's dead and Sasuke's arm is broken, but you get what I mean.

w455up
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Well Kimimaro perhaps didn't exactly kick Gaara upside down, but he still beat him down pretty bad, considering he's sick and all. I still think level 2 Sasuke isn't as weak as everyone believes

Mut
Sun, 08-29-2004, 11:16 PM
dude, read often? I didn't say a stable blow, I said stable Gaara, meaning not an out of control Gaara in Shukaku form.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm saying that Kimi almost killing Gaara isn't anything to get all hyped up about and to start declaring Kimi the most uber of uber.

oh, i did it again.

anyway, i don't get it, kimimaro did get a hit on 'stable' gaara. what's the point.

and... how can kimimaro almost killing gaara not be a huge thing? gaara did get kimimaro with some of his sand techniques, but ultimately, kimimaro was unphased. yes, it did make him go to lvl 2, but at lvl 2 kimimaro was breaking through everything gaara was throwing at him. kimimaro took on a total of three people, who are obviously some strong ass characters, and still managed to almost kill gaara and lee. also, kimimaro died from the disease and not from his opponents for a reason. it was cuz no one that was sent could stop him.

also, there was no way naruto could've killed gaara. even though naruto had energy to crawl over to him, naruto and gaara were both too beat up to do anything.

Hennyo
Sun, 08-29-2004, 11:54 PM
this is what i want to happen not what i think will happen,

i want oro and kabato to show up and then there be a 4 way fight to go on where there all verse naruto. Then actually have naruto fight cool for just once but still not be able to take care of them all and stop sasuke from leaving. It would be nice if it went as follows in the fight: nartuo breaks an arm or two on sasuke, then oro and kabato show up, then sasuke goes to run and oro stops naruto from following, then a fight sequnce between oro kabato and naruto, then having it end with naruto having messed up oro and kabato but naruto having taken multipe large cuts from orors sword or something and having to use a bunch of his chakara to heal himself while oro and kabato make there get away, then having naruto pass out from exaustion and having kakashi show up and take naruto back to the leaf village

ok there it is
well thats just what i want and nothing more and sorry for any typos or such i tend to be really bad on spelling and names for that matter

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 08-30-2004, 01:32 AM
I'm still pretty interested in seeing Sasuke win this fight, and not by some fluke. In any case, I don't want anyone to arrive at the scene before the outcome is clear. Been waiting too long for something of this magnitude to happen between Naruto and Sasuke for others to come and steal the spotlight. This is their fight. I'd actually be satisfied with a draw so long as it's those two that decided that it's pretty much a draw (neither one can fight any more). Someone else coming in and not getting owned by one of the two, especially a jounin or a jounin level fighter, would just be anti-climactic.

kAi
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:41 AM
what do you people think will happen..and/or want to happen?
1. Sasuke goes back to Konoha?
2. Sasuke goes back to Konoha than somehow gets to Orochimaru
3. Sasuke goes to Orochimaru now? (after or during the fight)

kenshi
Mon, 08-30-2004, 11:24 AM
orochi seemed to be pretty restless when he was talking to kabuto about sasuke's delayed arrival. my guess is that kabuto will be responsible for salvaging sasuke.

i think sasuke is more convinced than ever to goto orochi after his encounter with naruto's "red" chakra. i don't see why he would decide against it at this point. sasuke will either be beaten by naruto or he will rely on the curse seal and beat the brain out of naruto (or perhaps there will be a draw?). either way, those scenarios will lead him to orochi, since sasuke is preoccupied with the idea of obtaining power. if kabuto shows up, i doubt the likelihood of sasuke going back to konoha. even if sasuke was somehow dragged back to konoha, i think he will still attempt to goto orochi (unless he's in pieces).

Assertn
Mon, 08-30-2004, 12:44 PM
it would be totally lame to see naruto beat up oro

if he can beat a sannin, then he'll be practically the strongest character in the series

kAi
Mon, 08-30-2004, 01:02 PM
beat oro now?
hell no that would be totally stupid...its way out of his league..
i didnt read that post properly i thought it said and they messed up naruto..and not the other way round..so i was wonderin why u said that ass pirate..

riftwing
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:01 PM

Yes, he said "I wonder who is stronger, you or him" suggesting they're both roughly on the same level right now. Well, Kimi's dead and Sasuke's arm is broken, but you get what I mean.
Suggested to you maybe. He was comparing them on advantages they have of becoming a "vessel" and just because Kabuto isn't sure who is stronger doesn't make them equal. Kimi has the better bloodline. Sasuke may have the sharingan but it's only good for copying moves unless you have mangekyou and when was the last time Sasuke copied moves? He's only ever copied Lee's taijitsu moves. Not to mention Kimi would have killed Gaara if it wasn't for his disease that killed him at the last second which is closer than Sasuke ever got. Including the fact Naruto was doing a lot better at fighting Sasuke than he did at fighting Kimimaro. Also if you count the fact that Kimimaro was Orochimaru's #1 choice, I think it's pretty clear that Kimimaro was stronger than Sasuke is at the current point in the manga although technically it is impossible to tell unless they fought.

Eurasian
Tue, 08-31-2004, 05:23 AM
reading 5 pages of posts really tires out ur eyes.

YES!! finally, sasuke can behold the ohmighty power that naruto has. go naruto!! i agree w/ everyone that 229 will be awesome!!

i don't want kakashi to interfere either.

Raven
Tue, 08-31-2004, 06:23 AM
Suggested to you maybe. He was comparing them on advantages they have of becoming a "vessel" and just because Kabuto isn't sure who is stronger doesn't make them equal. Kimi has the better bloodline. Sasuke may have the sharingan but it's only good for copying moves unless you have mangekyou and when was the last time Sasuke copied moves? He's only ever copied Lee's taijitsu moves. Not to mention Kimi would have killed Gaara if it wasn't for his disease that killed him at the last second which is closer than Sasuke ever got. Including the fact Naruto was doing a lot better at fighting Sasuke than he did at fighting Kimimaro. Also if you count the fact that Kimimaro was Orochimaru's #1 choice, I think it's pretty clear that Kimimaro was stronger than Sasuke is at the current point in the manga although technically it is impossible to tell unless they fought.
I don't believe it's that complicated. At that part of the manga where Kabuto was talking to Kimi, Kimi was just a new character being introduced, so the audience needed to get a rough idea of what he might be able to do, hence the 'roughly the same level as Sasuke' line. I don't think it really needs over-analysing, especially now that Kimimaro is dead, but I do appreciate what you're saying. We'll never really know.

basey44
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:33 AM
aw all i want is 229

Jman
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:53 AM
hope they keep up the action in 229. i think kakashi gonna catch up to them soon anyhow. maybe he might knock the crap outta the both of them and end the match...that is unless naruto w/kyubi power unleashed injures sasuke first.

w455up
Tue, 08-31-2004, 11:48 AM
It shouldn't take Kakashi too long to catch up with them I think...Rock Lee just recovered and he managed to catch up with Naruto just fine. And Kakashi is a special jounin, he shouldn't really have much trouble. But I do hope that they resolve the Naruto-Sasuke fight before anyone appears.

Stoopider
Tue, 08-31-2004, 12:26 PM
My prediction of Chapter 229 = Sasuke gets ass-raped. End of story i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hotsuma
Tue, 08-31-2004, 01:34 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~uchiha/1093968895873.jpg

Mut
Tue, 08-31-2004, 01:56 PM
kimimaro is a badass.

anyway, we still don't know how kimimaro's bloodline would've helped orochimaru's goal of learning all the jutsus since the best bloodline for that is obviously the uchiha bloodline. i want the author to clear that up cuz it don't really make sense right now, however, i don't think kimimaro will be talked about again in detail since he's dead =( i don't think you should bring up the fact that sasuke hasn't copied many moves yet. if orochimaru has the sharingan, a genius like himself would probably have no trouble adjusting to the sharingan and developing it faster than sasuke.

anyway, as for sasuke being weaker than kimimaro, i also think he is weaker, but only by a slight margin. kimimaro is just way too badass.

EDIT: i think a fight for the #1 spot between kimimaro (without the illness) and sasuke would've been pretty awesome to see.

jing
Tue, 08-31-2004, 03:00 PM
hotsuma is badass.

snowball
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:08 PM
LMFAO hotsuma. good job

Hotsuma
Tue, 08-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Nah. I didn't make that image. I got it at 4chan, heheh.

But the guy who did make that was pretty cool.

jing
Tue, 08-31-2004, 10:19 PM
Hotsuma is only half cool then.

Hotsuma
Tue, 08-31-2004, 11:50 PM
Aw come on. Don't I get the other half back for not saying it was mine?

Ah well, I guess half cool is better than none at all.

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 09-01-2004, 12:07 AM
This was one of the best chapters we've had in a long time.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Chidori and Rasengan cancelling each other out...but oh well.

I did you guys a real favor by showing up, don't worry I'll stop those two idiots from killing each other...well maybe not Sasuke..

Trunkins
Wed, 09-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Fine your only 10% cool just for showing that 100% cool image i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Raven
Wed, 09-01-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by: Hatake Kakashi
This was one of the best chapters we've had in a long time.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Chidori and Rasengan cancelling each other out...but oh well.

I did you guys a real favor by showing up, don't worry I'll stop those two idiots from killing each other...well maybe not Sasuke..
WB Hatake Kakashi, it's been quite a while.

Nice pic, Hotsuma i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif even if it wasn't yours.

@ Mut@t@: yes, that battle would have been glorious!

Hakeem_21
Wed, 09-01-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
Okay, folks. All of you people saying "OMG, it's Kyuubi Naruto. Sasuke's dead!" seriously need to just shut the fuck up. I want Sasuke to lose this fight like all of you do, for the sake of the plot advancing past Oro, but at the same time, I ALSO want to see a good fight. Why? Because fans have been waiting six fights. Maybe more, if they waited since chapter 1.

We haven't even see Sasuke's true strength yet, and all of you are acting like it's over. It's not over. Not by a long shot. So, stop with your Kyuubi dick riding, people. Try to imagine everything we've read through for this fight.

But! For the sake of advancement (doubtful for now), I hope Naruto ends this now.

Calm down, i think most of the people know that the fight isnt over.

Kishimot will surely do something about Sasuke so he can atleast have a chance of beating naruto.

I just hope one of them knocks the other or something and leaves to end this friggin arc.

Eurasian
Wed, 09-01-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
I just hope one of them knocks the other or something and leaves to end this friggin arc.

the best thing i've read.

w455up
Wed, 09-01-2004, 06:00 AM

kimimaro is a badass.

anyway, we still don't know how kimimaro's bloodline would've helped orochimaru's goal of learning all the jutsus since the best bloodline for that is obviously the uchiha bloodline. i want the author to clear that up cuz it don't really make sense right now, however, i don't think kimimaro will be talked about again in detail since he's dead =( i don't think you should bring up the fact that sasuke hasn't copied many moves yet. if orochimaru has the sharingan, a genius like himself would probably have no trouble adjusting to the sharingan and developing it faster than sasuke.

anyway, as for sasuke being weaker than kimimaro, i also think he is weaker, but only by a slight margin. kimimaro is just way too badass.

EDIT: i think a fight for the #1 spot between kimimaro (without the illness) and sasuke would've been pretty awesome to see.

I think Kimimaro may have been a better choice because 1. He was already so devoted to Orochimaru 2. His bloodline grants fantastic survivability, allowing him to actually survive to get all the jutsu in the world

jing
Wed, 09-01-2004, 06:09 AM
I hope Naruto becomes evil, and tries to kill Sasuke.

kAi
Wed, 09-01-2004, 07:44 AM
anyway, we still don't know how kimimaro's bloodline would've helped orochimaru's goal of learning all the jutsus since the best bloodline for that is obviously the uchiha bloodline. i want the author to clear that up cuz it don't really make sense right now, however, i don't think kimimaro will be talked about again in detail since he's dead

kimimaros bloodline to help orochimaru's goal of learning every jutsu is to have kimimaros bloodline, to be able to use kimimaros moves orochimaru must have his bones or the secret behind them...
if orochimaru was to find the secrets behind kimimaros bloodline, the hyuga bloodline, the uchiha bloodline, he gets to put these secrets into one body, and thus being able to use these techniques that were formerly just for the people of the certain bloodline...
if he got these secrets he could fight you activate the sharingan see where you are moving to and follow and copy your movements, then switch straight to the byakugen and use the 64 hands of hakke, then pull out a bone from his body and cut you in half...
the sharingan can only copy so much...cant copy the chidori and rasengan these techniques must be learnt but bloodline techniques can only be inherited from your blood...so he studies the bodies and finds out the secrets or just jumps in there body and finds out the secrets and how to use them...
thus giving him the ability to learn every jutsu known to the naruto world..
and be the baddest SOB there is...

RasenDori
Wed, 09-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
did you even notice how much of kyuubi he released? and dont be comparing fuckin marvel comics to naruto please. naruto went into crazy kyuubi mode he got the claws and everything now.

dont get me wrong man. i wasnt dissing it. when i stared reading this chapter i assumed that naruto got a hole somewhere in his body from the chidori and it would take a while for it to heal. but seeing naruto heal so quickly, it was just rather unexpected for me. if i was in sasukes positioned be pissing in my pants.

Jed
Wed, 09-01-2004, 03:18 PM
i want this to happen:

sasuke beats naruto
kakashi shows up and fights sasuke
kabuto shows up and fights kakashi to a draw
sasuke goes to oro with kabuto, naurto goes to konoha with kakashi

Assertn
Wed, 09-01-2004, 03:40 PM
i always wondered why oro wanted kimimaro too...

its kinda futile for oro to have all the jutsus in the world...since it'd be impossible to have all the bloodlines in the world.
Even if he was to go for the kakashi approach and take a body part from a bloodline instead of the entire body, then at most he could only have, say, 2 different eye bloodlines. He might be aiming for something close to that eventually, and if so then it would make more sense to want kimimaro, since kimi is the last of his clan. Now that he's dead, oro will never be able to possess that bloodline

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 09-01-2004, 03:51 PM
he would have an indestructible body if he took kimmi's, yeah i don't really think you can steal blood line limits because kakashi stole a sharingan but without the actual blood line it's practically worthlessand i think one byakugan eye doesn't quiet work

Assertn
Wed, 09-01-2004, 04:13 PM
i wouldnt say practically worthless if it allowed him to steal around 2000 jutsus

PSJ
Wed, 09-01-2004, 05:39 PM
kimimaro was discarded because he got sick.

Assertn
Wed, 09-01-2004, 06:13 PM
and that would be relevant to the discussion because........?

RyougaZell
Wed, 09-01-2004, 08:22 PM
My guess on Kimimaro would be that maybe Oro till this day was developing a bloodline stealing technique or something like that. Combine this "tech" with Sharingan and maybe he would have been able to copy one too.

And talking about chapter 228... I DO hope Kakashi & dogs don't ignore Chouji and Neji and help them on the way... plus I don't really like the idea of Kakashi showing in the battle before Shikamaru, Kiba, Lee, Gaara, Tenmari and Kankurou... after all their enemis are dead and they are way nearer... If Kakashi arrives befores this guys (and without helping Chouji and Neji) it would really be un-real, even for a manga...

kAi
Thu, 09-02-2004, 12:48 AM
they could still have stuff on kimimaro but it would take to long to figure out the secret behind it...and as kabuto said "if we had his families medical history, medical treatment or other data, i think our situation would be considerably different"...but we will probably not be seein his bloodline again though. but it could still be possible if kabuto keeps kimimaro's information but it would take to long and as he said he probably will need the information on other clan members..

empT3
Thu, 09-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Hello everybody, this is my first post please be gentle, I bruise easily.
Anyways, i think that although Kimimaro had a rather cool bloodline, Oro would still prefer the uchiha bloodline because lets face it, thats what the strongest charater in the series uses (I'm talking about Itachi, the only character that we're pretty sure is stronger than the sannin)
A couple ways that I would like to see things concluded here would be
A) Naruto kills sasuke, rips out his heart, something unreversable (sp?) and final. Naruto is expelled from the leaf village and wanders around w/ Jirayai until there is a story arc that leads back to konoha (probably one where Orochimaru has resurected sasuke but can't use his body, wants to crush konoha etc.)
B) Kakashi stops the fight and sasuke runs to orochimaru giving us no kind of conclusion to the fight (I think that would build up quite a bit of tension and allow us to see this fight where it should be seen, at the ed of the series)
C) Kakashi attempts to interrupt the fight and is killed, see either A or B at this point.

Assertn
Thu, 09-02-2004, 03:32 PM
but we know that oro preferred kimimaro's body...and had to settle with sasuke because of kimimaro's illness

Knives122
Thu, 09-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Maybe there was more to Kimis blood limit than meets the eye, maybe he another one of his blood limit powers was that he could take the bones(bone marrow) out of his opponents, maybe thus getting there skills

Assertn
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:53 PM
since we'll never see any of that bloodline ever again.....then chances are we already saw all there is to see of it

Boogster
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Good chapter, wasn't it?