PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Video Games

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 08-27-2004, 11:07 PM
I have Naruto Genko Ninja Teisen 2 (sp?) for gc. So far it's my favorite game to date. The game itself is just great, I mean if it was fighting hobo Ninja Teisen 2 I'd still buy it. But great fighting/party game+Naruto equals happy fanboy! The game's story starts from the very beginning with Iruka-sensei and naruto fighting, until naruto vs. Gaara. The ENTIRE character list is: Naruto, Kyubi Naruto, Kakashi, Sharingan Kakashi, Sasuke, Sharingan Sasuke, Sakura, Neji, Shikamaru, Zabuza, Haku, Hinata, Ino, Iruka-sensei, Mizuki, Rock Lee, GAI SENSEI!!!!!, Orochimaru, Kankuro, Kiba, Karasu (yes the puppet), Akamaru(yes the dog) and Gaara. If I missed anyone tell me. I wanna hear about the PS2 games if anyone has them. And a new games coming out supposed to have Kabuto and Shino in it.....HELLS YEA! Maybe even Jiraiya? Itachi anyone? Can't wait.

Edit: well I got myself in the mood to look at some new game shots and I found this kick ass site. It's for the new ps2 game i think. or something but amazing pics of cel shaded characters. AND VIDEOS hells yes. Click around you'll find it eventually. http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/naruto/main.html

?igma
Sat, 08-28-2004, 12:13 AM
maybe its just me, but this is probably the tenthousand'th topic about the games.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Sat, 08-28-2004, 02:37 AM
the Ps2 Game isn't all that new

Kakafosha
Sat, 08-28-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
I have Naruto Genko Ninja Teisen 2 (sp?) for gc. So far it's my favorite game to date. The game itself is just great, I mean if it was fighting hobo Ninja Teisen 2 I'd still buy it. But great fighting/party game+Naruto equals happy fanboy! The game's story starts from the very beginning with Iruka-sensei and naruto fighting, until naruto vs. Gaara. The ENTIRE character list is: Naruto, Kyubi Naruto, Kakashi, Sharingan Kakashi, Sasuke, Sharingan Sasuke, Sakura, Neji, Shikamaru, Zabuza, Haku, Hinata, Ino, Iruka-sensei, Mizuki, Rock Lee, GAI SENSEI!!!!!, Orochimaru, Kankuro, Kiba, Karasu (yes the puppet), Akamaru(yes the dog) and Gaara. If I missed anyone tell me. I wanna hear about the PS2 games if anyone has them. And a new games coming out supposed to have Kabuto and Shino in it.....HELLS YEA! Maybe even Jiraiya? Itachi anyone? Can't wait.

Edit: well I got myself in the mood to look at some new game shots and I found this kick ass site. It's for the new ps2 game i think. or something but amazing pics of cel shaded characters. AND VIDEOS hells yes. Click around you'll find it eventually. http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/naruto/main.html

yea they made the game, right before the haruka kanata song in the game they show their little logo and that exact website. to summarize up how the game is like its similar to super smash bros. but with cool moves from the naruto show.

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-28-2004, 05:33 AM
There's a similar thread in Naruto Open but anime-only people rarely go there so I'll let this one remain open.

I also look forward to the new PS2 game.

NM
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:53 AM
I cant wait for Narutimet Hero 2. I still need to pre-order it tho. Are you guys getting your copies from Lik-Sang or Play-Asia (lik-sang is 60 dollars, I dunno how much it is at play-asia)?

P.S. Whats the URL to Play-Asia anyway?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 08-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Sorry I didn't know there was another topic in open discussion, I try to stay away from there in fear of spoilers

NL|MegaMika
Sat, 08-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Jiraiya will be in GNT3, also confirmed are Temari and Choji. For more info we need to wait for Tokyo Game Show 2004 (eind of September). Pre-orderes are already accepted, for example at PlayAsia.com. I already pre'd it, can't wait for the release which will probably be in December this year.

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-28-2004, 01:35 PM
I try to stay away from there in fear of spoilers

Yeah, I figured as much.

I Sasuke I
Sun, 08-29-2004, 03:06 AM
ive been wondering about these topics, do most of u live in japan or sutin or get these games off of ebay? if u dont understand japanese, u mindlessly play the game? O.o

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 08-29-2004, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by: I Sasuke I
ive been wondering about these topics, do most of u live in japan or sutin or get these games off of ebay? if u dont understand japanese, u mindlessly play the game? O.o

lol mindlessly play the game..no. I don't think I've come across anyone in the forum that lives in Japan. Anyways as for me, I understand some Japanese, so I wasn't hard for me to understand/play Naruto game.. and in general, I don't think it's too hard to figure out how to play the Naruto games though they are in Japanese.

I Sasuke I
Sun, 08-29-2004, 03:44 AM
yea but if theres alot of dialogue i dont think ur gonna kno wtf is going on.. ne wayz thats for me.. a game with just fighting isnt fun.. even if u like naruto.. might as well play street fighter if thats the case U.U

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 08-29-2004, 03:58 AM
Well, I understood most of the dialouge in the second gamecube game...actually, it more or less came from the anime so if you saw the anime then you could pretty much assume what they were talking about in the story mode

I Sasuke I
Sun, 08-29-2004, 04:25 AM
heh thats cool, so how do u get the games? ebay?

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 08-29-2004, 05:27 AM
at playasia.com

NL|MegaMika
Sun, 08-29-2004, 06:08 AM
yea but if theres alot of dialogue i dont think ur gonna kno wtf is going on.. ne wayz thats for me.. a game with just fighting isnt fun.. even if u like naruto.. might as well play street fighter if thats the case U.U

A fighting game is about fighting. The taunts at the beginning of the matches are just an extra. If you judge a fighting game by only that.... go play Streetfighter then.

I Sasuke I
Sun, 08-29-2004, 06:32 AM
if i liked fighting games only then i would get streetfighter idiot. obviously i dont thats y i asked about the dialogue. would there have been a point of me asking all of that if i only wanted fighting? no. i would just get the game. durf. ty shinobineko for the info

i checked playasia.com them games can only be played on asian/japanese ps2 consoles only? if thats the case, and most ppl do live here in the US as stated, ya bought a japanese console just to play that game?

NM
Sun, 08-29-2004, 07:35 AM
I Sasuke I, getting a Japanese PS2 is one option for American users to play imports. But you can also mod your PS2 (or get yourself a Fliptop or a Swap Disk). For more info, you should check out the Modchip thread in the General Discussion.

I Sasuke I
Sun, 08-29-2004, 08:19 AM
thx alot man, i mean i got a ps2 already i dont want to have to buy another lol i was thinkin there had to be a mod chip or sutin like that

NM
Sun, 08-29-2004, 08:28 AM
np man. Also, in the General Discussion, the topic is called Naruto Games (sorry, the topic was about Modchips but that wasn't the name of it).

Hinata <3
Sun, 08-29-2004, 08:53 AM
ive only wanted to say that u did forget Temari.

and the game roocks!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I Sasuke I
Sun, 08-29-2004, 09:26 AM
alright i found the topic and searched alot on yahoo and everything. i got it all down just gotta see if my friend can use his credit card to buy these damn things cuz my young ass doesnt have 1 U.U

thx for the help big time

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:12 AM

The GC naruto game is still worth it even if you can't read japanese. i can easily scroll through all the menus and know what everything is just from playing the game a lot. Don't be so damn close minded. If you really like Naruto you'll love the games. The game I have Ninja Teissen 2 for GC is great, so far it has the most characters out of all the games, and watching them do there supers are just great. It's not about dialogue, its not like an rpg. It's a fighting/party game and the fighting system is increadibly genius. For gamecube you dont haveta get anything modded. Theres a disc called Freeloader which you put in the cube and then it will let you play japanese games. You haveta use freeloader everytime but its way cheap so I think thats the better way to play Naruto games.

I Sasuke I
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:49 AM

The GC naruto game is still worth it even if you can't read japanese. i can easily scroll through all the menus and know what everything is just from playing the game a lot. Don't be so damn close minded. If you really like Naruto you'll love the games. The game I have Ninja Teissen 2 for GC is great, so far it has the most characters out of all the games, and watching them do there supers are just great. It's not about dialogue, its not like an rpg. It's a fighting/party game and the fighting system is increadibly genius. For gamecube you dont haveta get anything modded. Theres a disc called Freeloader which you put in the cube and then it will let you play japanese games. You haveta use freeloader everytime but its way cheap so I think thats the better way to play Naruto games.

number 1, im not close minded.

number 2, i do like naruto and plan on gettin the games. i just didnt kno ne info on wat type of games they were and if they would really be playable without knowin japanese cuz it would be hard to navigate.

number 3, thats wat questions are for. to be answered not flamed. narutomaster helped me out alot and thats y i plan on gettin them now cuz i got alot of info on the modders for ps2 and gc.

Hinata <3
Sun, 08-29-2004, 11:29 AM
It wont take you more then 2 days to learn
how scout around, it isint that hard

Assertn
Sun, 08-29-2004, 01:12 PM
you dont have to like fighting games to like naruto for gcn

im not a big fan of fighting games either...but im a HUGE smash bros melee fan
the thing i like about NGNT is that it has elements of a fighter, as well as elements of smash bros and wwf style games

uhicha neji
Sun, 08-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Are any of these games coming to NA ?

Jman
Sun, 08-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by: uhicha neji
Are any of these games coming to NA ?

If and when the series gets licensed, there's a chance that the games will get a NA release.

tensai
Sun, 08-29-2004, 07:18 PM
i was thinkin, if naruto comes to the us and becomes really popular
what if they try and go the dragonball route and make games on their own, that would suck ass

NM
Sun, 08-29-2004, 07:26 PM
*Agrees with Tensai* I swear that if Naruto does come to the U.S. and they DO start making their own games, PLEASE DONT LET NARUTO FALL INTO ATARI'S HANDS!!! I'd rather they bring the Narutimet Hero/Ninja Taisen series over. I dont mind having an english copy of it to.

Jman
Sun, 08-29-2004, 07:32 PM
agrees with the 2 posts above. The last thing i want to see is something like Naruto no Budokai. -shudders-