PDA

View Full Version : Burning VCD Problem

SakuraKanishi
Fri, 08-27-2004, 02:40 AM
I'm trying to burn S/VCDs of Naruto, since I'm the only one of 5 addicts who actually d/ls the damn thing i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif It'd be a lot better for us if we could watch it on TV. Anyway, I'm using Nero to burn. The problem is that the subtitles are so low on the video that they're being cut off by the bottom of the TV. Does anyone know how to condense the image vertically on the VCD so they'd be higher up on the TV? Thanks in advance.

IndyM
Fri, 09-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Hey i have the same EXACT problem. Gonna do 1-99 and beyond. It'll take forever but its worth it. Using TMPGENC to convert to VCD format (PAL 352X288) and Nero for burning. Anybody with solutions?

Foomanchew24
Thu, 09-09-2004, 12:03 PM
If you use this guide http://www.videohelp.com/tmpgenc.htm you should be able to convert your avi to vcd no problem. The only thing the guide doesnt include is help on the subs which i will direct you how to fix. On step three you need to also select the clip frame box. It will bring up a new window which you will next select the arrange setting tab, on the pull down menu you need to select center(custom size) now you can adjust the verticle and horizontal boundaries of the video displayed on you tv. You will have to mess with the settings to get the right one for your tv. I have used 340x235 when i burned full metal alchemist but naruto subtitles are in a different position so you will have to try a couple different aspect ratios until you find the right one that doesnt cut off your subs, good luck and let me know how it works.

IndyM
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Ok, i'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks!