PDA

View Full Version : Help port forewarding..

MGKyosuke
Fri, 08-27-2004, 01:11 AM
A friend is having problems with this, and I figured if anybody could help it would be you guys. Thanks in advanced.

.: is still stuck behind a splitter :. u.u

Varion
Fri, 08-27-2004, 03:35 AM
Perhaps you mean a WRT54G.

I dunno where exactly Linksys throws all the router settings (it seems to vary across the board), but here are some pointers.

It's most likely in an advanced section under routing or something like that.
You'll be presented with a table with a port, destination address, and destination port. That's where you'll type in your port forwarding info from the public network to the private network.

And if this has been tried, tell us exactly what problem you're having.

Hope this helps.

stos289
Fri, 08-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Well, here (http://www.portforward.com/linksys/wrt54g-portforwarding.htm) is a step by step guide on port forwarding your friend's Linksys WRT54G router (as I'm assuming that's the router). Hopefully your friend has version 1 since that's the one I gave. If it is another version, post with it and I can give you a step by step guide for that. Remember that the ports for Bittorrent are 6881 to 6999 and where it says to make a Static Ip Address, you don't have to. Just use the Dynamic Ip Address that he has. Hope I could help.

MGKyosuke
Mon, 08-30-2004, 06:51 PM
He says this: "I finally got the port range thing opened and entered the ports but it still downloads super slow, the XP firewall isnt up either, nor is the virus protection. It asks at the end of entering the ports for your ip address, I went to an IP address site but it is not the correct one, ANY ADVICE?"

Aheh.. thanks for the help ^^;

stos289
Mon, 08-30-2004, 07:38 PM
He most likely did not use the right Ip Address. To find the Ip Address of your router, here's what you do. First go to "Start" and then "Run." In "run" type in "cmd" (without the quotes). A black box (DOS Prompt) should appear. In the screen, type in "ipconfig" (again without the quotes). A bunch of information should appear. The ip address of the router should be there. Use that in the router's configuration and it should work. Hope I could help.