PDA

View Full Version : NARUTO: unfair anime character or not?

kazh
Thu, 08-26-2004, 01:10 PM
well hello again, im gonna ask again opinions in each of you guys! whehehe..im very sorry if i annoy u guys too much, well just hear me out.

hmmm... i think i would start the question by: is naruto a VERY UNFAIR character?

note that i do not see naruto as a very unfair character.

i did this topic coz i have a have friend who have watched naruto after the episode of "naruto vs. neji", well at the first preliminary exams, his fave char was neji its bcoz of his ability to see tenketsu, and by that ability he can see the chakra points right? so, if a person's tenketsu has been sealed, theres no way you can mold chakra, thus resulting that person cannot use ninjutsu for a certain time...and then, kyuubi's chakra to the rescue!!! my friend said, WTF? his normal chakra was sealed and then another chakra came to rescue him??? and an overwhelming one! damn that naruto! neji couldve won if that red chakra didnt help him...his chakra was sealed for cryin out loud! and then after that he didnt watched the episodes after that battle....when we always talk about naruto anime, he always said that "thats non-sense! what's the point in whooping his ass so bad? there's the kyuubi who always come to the rescue!"
he said that his point was naruto relies in the kyuubi's chakra, so to him naruto's a stupid-non-sense character.

me and my other friends relate other anime's that is unfair also like kenshin, to us, he is unfair bcoz of the amakakeru ryu no hirameki, i mean shisio (well i didnt know how to put this in english so ill use dodge instead) dodged this move, and then...TADAN!! theres a vortex sucking him up after the attack!!! and he cannot move! it's just like slashing an old tree!! well that's our defense so far, but my stupid friend said "it's kenshins final move!!! amakakeru ryu no hirameki was the final succession move of the hitten mitsurugi ryu, so i think kenshin deserves a credit for that...now, does naruto has a final move? you still dont know if that rasengan or whatsoever that move was is his final move! i mean u said that rasengan is a very powerfull ninjutsu, and he has that stupid kyuubi chakra, and he doesnt have any final move! how unfair is that?!?!!!

well i hope you guys share some enlighted answers so that my stupid friend can read it!

Mut
Thu, 08-26-2004, 01:38 PM
yeah naruto is pretty gay.

i'm waiting for someone to say: "well, naruto using kyubi chakra is same as itachi using sharingan"

even though comparing kyubi chakra to any technique/ability is completely stupid because of the huge differences in what it does, i'm sure someone will manage to do it.

thundrakkon
Thu, 08-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Well, the Kyuubi chakra is another tool/weapon that other characters don't have. Every character seems to have someone special and unique about them, and this is Naruto's trump card.

Though Mut@t@ stated that it can't be compared to the Sharingan, I think it can be comparable. Think of it like this: with the Sharingan, Itachi has an advantage over almost everyone else. He can copy and predict their moves, and has his ultimate technique that no one else without a sharingan can do. In a way, he is arguably more powerful than any other character yet because of his sharingan. Without it, he might not be as powerful.

Same with the Neji's bloodline limit. If he did not have that, he would not be as powerful as he is today. It is because of those extra abilities and tools that make him who he is.

So with Naruto's case, Kyuubi chakra is an extra tool for him to use to make his character different. All these extra tools between the different characters make them unique and vary their strength.

Gaara is another example, when he was altered for his ability.

As for Naruto, he just needs to develop his abilities more, and learn more techniques before he has a final move. He is really you right now, and more skills will be developed along the way.

PSJ
Thu, 08-26-2004, 01:57 PM
naruto using kyubi chakra is the same as itachi using sharingan i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ok now im serious. naruto depends on the kyubi chakra when he himself is too weak to defeat his opponent i think this is okay since he is the main character but sucks so he needs something to make up for his own sucky-ness besides it would be even more stupid to know that he had the kyubi chakra there to help him but didnt use it.

zachary_milyardo
Thu, 08-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Well, the kyubi is a little unfiar in the sense that it is the power of the kyubi and not Naruto's own genetic advantage. However, Naruto does not always use the kyubi and he couldn't if he wanted to. The kyubi in all its great power proboly has great wisdom too. Hence why the kyubi did not react when OROCHIMARU of all people attacked Naruto. Nor has the kyubi helped Naruto with his Ransengan. So to get to the point Kyubi(with some precognitive power of his apperently i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) wont allow Naruto to use his chakra (with the exeption for when Naruto's wounds heal, thats a result of the Kyubi's and Naruto's chakra combining).

jing
Thu, 08-26-2004, 03:17 PM
I don't think its unfair, because he sucks....... he isn't God or anything, kimimaro owned him to hell. Very fair.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-26-2004, 03:32 PM
It's called plot device. The main character always wins those fights he HAS to win.
Regrettably, there would be no story progression otherwise.

PSJ
Thu, 08-26-2004, 06:00 PM
terra always nails it.

kAi
Thu, 08-26-2004, 11:33 PM
yeah i just think it is another tool/ability he has up his sleeve...a trump card
as thundrakkon said with the sharingan and the byakugan, and kimimaro with his bones and such...if they didnt have these techniques they wouldnt be as good as they are...kyubi and narutos chakra is merging, making that power his...he has lived with kyubi since his birth, kyubi is his ability his tool, if you had this power and were going to lose you would use it so that you would win...

and its basically what 'naruto' is about there ninjas with different powers and abilities, and narutos just happens to be the power of the demon kyubi...what luck, huh?

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 08-27-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
yeah naruto is pretty gay.

i'm waiting for someone to say: "well, naruto using kyubi chakra is same as itachi using sharingan"

even though comparing kyubi chakra to any technique/ability is completely stupid because of the huge differences in what it does, i'm sure someone will manage to do it.

I'll be one of those idiots this time. Naruto's kyubi chakra as he uses it against neji and gaara isn't really unfair. I don't think Naruto heals damage fast enough for it to matter in a fight as he used it those times. What the chakra did do, was increase his speed, strenght, and reflexes (against neji) and allowed him to summon gamabunta (against gaara). Now, putting the gamabunta thing aside for a second, the power up he gets from the kyubi chakra isn't unfair, until he looses control (or gains superior control over it). For example, if Sasuke activates his sharingan, and fights kyubi naruto, I don't think Naruto'll be able to handle him in a purely taijutsu fight. That sharingan's eye of insight (I think that's what lets you not only copy moves, but see an opponents movements, copy them, predict the movements, etc.) is like the ultimate taijutsu enhancer imo. If you have to speed to keep up with your opponent, you've pretty much got them. The sharingan's power is ridiculous, and a match for the kyubi as naruto used it against neji. The second thing that the kyubi chakra does is give him extra chakra to perform moves that his own chakra is simply not enough for. As of right now, the power that chakra gives him elevates him to the power level of those that have doujutsu, and without it, he's at the power level of those who don't have it. Nothing unfair about that...

Notice though, that I was careful to say "as used against neji". The kyubi chakra as used against Haku, now THAT is completely unfair, and a major cheeze. His reflexes at that time were so good, he might as well have had a sharingan twice as powerful as Sasuke's, not to mention the extra speed and strenght which seemed even greater than when he fought against neji, and the "you might as well just stand and die cuz none of your attacks matter to me" healing trick. Yep, at this level, grossly unfair, and likely even unfair later. But, I think that as the ninja master their doujutsus, the power of the doujutsus will increase in such a way as to match Naruto's kyubi powers as he learns to control it even better, for a time that is.

Oh, and the fight against gaara showed that there's a limit to how much chakra Naruto can extract from the kyubi, and summoning gamabunta takes up a big chunk of whatever that limit is (I'm fully aware the episode is called exceeding the limit, but even when he did that, only a little bit, out of desperation came out. If that little bit wasn't enough for him to do something, he would have lost that fight.)

My conclusion: Naruto's current control over the kyubi powers makes him a match for those with sharingan and byakugan, and the powers of each are comparable. However, Naruto's kyubi potential likely far outweights the power potential of either doujutsu. So the kyubi is unfair in a fight, just not when fighting against someone with a bloodline limit, not yet that is.

Personally, I have absolutely no problem with this. Life isn't fair, the bloodline limits aren't fair (you can't decide to be born with one or train for it), the kyubi is even less fair (it's power exceeds that of bloodline limits, probably) and so on. Naruto is an anime that reflects the fact that life isn't fair, and that some people are born shafted, while others get everything. The point is, that in most cases, wherever you begin from, you can make it furthur than your birthright indicates. I'm looking foward to the developments. In this sense, it's almost too bad that Naruto isn't truly coming from behind.

jing
Fri, 08-27-2004, 01:37 AM
You guys are forgetting that true power comes from protecting someone. What have you people learned from all these hundreds of chapters, forshame.

Just kidding ppl. that sounded corny.

Kale Ironfist
Fri, 08-27-2004, 02:55 AM
Uchiha Barles: Doujutsu means 'Eye techniques'... sure you used them in the correct context? because not that many ninjas in naruto have doujutsu...

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 08-27-2004, 03:01 AM
Yeah, I meant the byakugan and the sharingan by that. There's no where near as much info available on any other bloodline limit, so I limited the comparison of naruto's powers to those techniques.

Evil Eyes
Fri, 08-27-2004, 06:20 AM
Many characters in Naruto have techniques that are somehow cheap like Itachi's sharingan, Tsunade's instant healing seal, ..etc, but all of these techniques have bad side effects (sharingan consuming too much chakra, Tsunade's seal shortens her life..etc). The same cannot be said with Naruto. Kyubi's chakra is unfair since it has no negative side effects what so ever.

PSJ
Fri, 08-27-2004, 07:54 AM
if you dont count that if naruto releases to much chakra kyuubi would be released and squash him.

kazh
Fri, 08-27-2004, 09:44 AM
hehehe!!! that would be cool but i think it will be the end of the anime if naruto dies...

jing
Fri, 08-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by: Evil Eyes
Many characters in Naruto have techniques that are somehow cheap like Itachi's sharingan, Tsunade's instant healing seal, ..etc, but all of these techniques have bad side effects (sharingan consuming too much chakra, Tsunade's seal shortens her life..etc). The same cannot be said with Naruto. Kyubi's chakra is unfair since it has no negative side effects what so ever.

Uh what are you talking about, try "everybody in the village hates Naruto" if thats not negative enough you are just heartless.

Evil Eyes
Fri, 08-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by: jing

Uh what are you talking about, try "everybody in the village hates Naruto" if thats not negative enough you are just heartless.
I meant negative side effects on the body. The village's hatred won't kill him.

gokudagreat
Fri, 08-27-2004, 09:32 PM
dear lord, dear, dear lord. would people stop thinking that because Naruto is the main character that he always wins. How bout this?! how bout, naruto is the main characters BECAUSE he always wins, not that he always wins cause hes the main character. I think when the writer of this anime was writing it, he said, lets make a kid whos so special that hell become hokage, and due to his determination he will always win and fight as hard as he can. I DONT think he was like, you know what, lets make everybody else in the anime cool, but since i accidentally named it Naruto, i guess i have to make this fag always win. yea, i think not

Stoopider
Sat, 08-28-2004, 04:22 AM
Yeah. It's so damn unfair! Let's call this anime from "Naruto" to "Konoha Ninja's!" That way it'll be more fair to the rest of the other people in Naruto.

Uh. Am I on the same track here? I didn't even read the first post. So i don't know what you guys are talking about. BUT IT JUST ISN"T FAIR DAMMIT!

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-28-2004, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by: gokudagreat
dear lord, dear, dear lord. would people stop thinking that because Naruto is the main character that he always wins. How bout this?! how bout, naruto is the main characters BECAUSE he always wins, not that he always wins cause hes the main character. I think when the writer of this anime was writing it, he said, lets make a kid whos so special that hell become hokage, and due to his determination he will always win and fight as hard as he can. I DONT think he was like, you know what, lets make everybody else in the anime cool, but since i accidentally named it Naruto, i guess i have to make this fag always win. yea, i think not

Even if that was the way he he was thinking when he created the story, the result is still the same i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Stoopider
Mon, 08-30-2004, 03:13 AM
Okay, Taking all things into account. Who now is the most fairest character?

Naruto = UNFAIR- Kyuubi
Sasuke = UNFAIR - Blind bat
Chouji = UNFAIR - Weight Advantage
Shikamaru = UNFAIR - Shadow family. And supergenius
Ino = UNFAIR - SoulTransfer thingy.
Shino = UNFAIR - He and his Bugs
Hinata = UNFAIR - Her Ugly coat distracts people
Kiba = UNFAIR - 2 vs 1. The Dog Counts dammit! It's 2 persons!
Neji = UNFAIR - Too much veiny eyes
Rock Lee = UNFAIR - Genius of Hardwork

So it leaves to people who have to survive on day to day normal ninja techniques.

Ten Ten and Sakura. I think Sakura isn't fair because she probably has some dual personality syndrome.

Ten Ten is the most fair character in naruto who doesn't cheat like the rest of the Unfair ninja bastards.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Mon, 08-30-2004, 03:17 AM

Originally posted by: jing

I meant negative side effects on the body. The village's hatred won't kill him.

what about the guy in the first eps of naruto he hated and tried to till him for it.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 08-30-2004, 03:46 AM
Mizuki didn't try to kill him becuase Naruto's the kyubi, he tried to kill him to get the secret scroll and run away with it...

Kishimoto didn't play much on the 'everybody hates naruto' part so far...

zeroskie
Sun, 09-19-2004, 08:00 AM
alright, i think you guys are forgetting that in his battle with gaara, didin't use kiyubi chakra until after he headbutted him to protect himself from the sand crawling up his legs.

he even summoned that giant frog with his own chakra, and did the extra kagebushin with his own chakra, and still had chakra to do a massive kiyubi henge.

also, he mastered the rysengan in 3 weeks, when it took his father 3 years to develop and control, although he can't mold it with only 1 hand.

nobody likes a main character who's perfect like sasuke

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by: zeroskie
also, he mastered the rysengan in 3 weeks, when it took his father 3 years to develop and control, although he can't mold it with only 1 hand.

His father? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

He hasn't mastered the rasengan either. The true rasengan is much more destructive.

Souryusen
Sun, 09-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
The true rasengan is much more destructive.

Where'd that tidbit come from?

Aramis
Sun, 09-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Jira at some point mentioned that there's seven stages towards it's mastery.
naruto learned the 3 basic ones needed to use it (rotation, maintenance, and power)
it's hard to imagine what the last 4 would be. probably something that will let you do it with less effort, like Jira does it one-handed just like that. then probably something that will help you hit the target. it seems to be very easy to dodge, its not like the chidori where you just put it in your hand and run around with it, it needs concentration. and the last two would just add to the destruction, like expanding the sphere or using it as a projectile.

Eurasian
Mon, 09-20-2004, 04:59 PM
naruto has been a loser all his life. it's about time he starts winning. and like everyone stated before, those ppl born w/ the bloodlimit is just like naruto being born w/ the kyubi inside of him. it just happened that naruto was the lucky baby chosen.

N-Gage
Mon, 09-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
naruto has been a loser all his life. it's about time he starts winning. and like everyone stated before, those ppl born w/ the bloodlimit is just like naruto being born w/ the kyubi inside of him. it just happened that naruto was the lucky baby chosen.

lucky, but had to go through that isolation ordeal :S

Eurasian
Mon, 09-20-2004, 09:40 PM
what i meant lucky was that he's "lucky" to have gotten such power. ok maybe lucky isn't the right word but u get what i mean. i mean power not life. because any other baby could have been chosen but naruto was that baby. chance is what i mean.

Kolat
Fri, 09-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Something to consider when measuring Naruto's power:

1) Kyuubi hates Naruto. He wants nothing more than Naruto to suffer like he is suffering, being imprisoned inside a mere human's body. The only reason he ever lends Naruto his power is when Naruto is in a life threatening situation, because as was stated in the series, if Naruto dies then Kyuubi dies. Kyuubi only cares about self preservation, and in the long run escaping imprisonment OR finding a way to take over Naruto's body and claim it as his own.

2) In most cases, Naruto's ability to mold chakra is pathetic. He is constantly wasting chakra attempting to force jutsus that his teamates, Sasuke and Sakura, could perform with a mere fraction of that chakra. While Kyuubi's huge chakra makes Naruto potentially possess Sannin lvl power, he can barely control his own chakra, let alone Kyuubi's. Because of this, he can only use it in the most primitive ways, forcing it to his limbs to boost his strength, speed, and resilence, while most of it bleeds out in a form of visible chakra.

3) In order to maximize his tap into Kyuubi's power, Naruto basically has to lose control of himself to Kyuubi's beastial urges. I wouldn't be surprised if after his latest transformation, a later story arc deals with a conflict between Naruto and Kyuubi over control of Naruto's body and soul. Kakashi and the others do not freak out and begin trying to subdue Naruto when Kyuubi's power begins to spill forth for nothing.

Naruto possesses potential to be the strongest character in the series, with his dedication to training and his attitude towards life. He also has a huge amount of power that he is barely beginning to learn how to control in the form of Kyuubi's chakra. Imagine if someone on the lskill evel of a Sannin possessed the sealed Kyuubi, that person would be able to single handedly destroy entire villages. Which is precisely why Akamutsi(sp?) wants Naruto and the sealed Kyuubi for themselves.

But as it stands now, there is a huge amount of characters in the series that could wipe the floor with Naruto, Kyuubi or not. So no, I don't believe Naruto is overpowered at all, in fact I believe his is one of the weaker characters in the series as he is now. But that is a huge part of the suspense in Naruto, there are many characters stronger than Naruto and his friends, so theres no feeling that Naruto is going to just whoop whoever shows up and use their bones for toothpicks. Every encounter is filled with a sense of danger, to Naruto and his companions.

Hotsuma
Sun, 09-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Kyuubi = Ghey

People who make excuses "Well, it's a part of him! There's a reason why...!" = shut the fuck up.

I like Naruto as a character, but I know for a fact that the thought of him losing, or remotely coming close to death is never EVER going to happen as long as the Kyuubi is stuck inside of em. As of now, the Kyuubi inside has infinite potential, whether it increases Naruto's speeds, raises his powers, gives him MORE chakra, and of course healing him. All of these pretty make Naruto's battle stats rocket sky high. Basically, no matter what happens, Naruto will ALWAYS have some lame shit hidden up his ass to save him from a loss. Always. That's one of the things I dislike about him. And with the recent crazy healing, it just makes me believe that much more that Naruto is SO in the "main character" category. He's always going to have some uncool way of winning.

As Kazh said... It basically is the HMR ougi. It never loses. It'll always have some crazy advantage over anybody unlucky enough to get hit with it. When Shishio blocked it, the second step came in and hit him harder, When Enishi dodged both of those, there was yet ANOTHER step in the ougi. He beat the guy on the horse (anime) with a new form, too. It never stops. At one point, Yahiko even yells at him "Kenshin, just use your ougi and get it over with already!" If you can beat one style, just switch over to another... and another. No different from Kyuubi. Naruto about to die? Revive him. Low on energy? Replenish him. Too slow? Speed em up. Never stopping.

Lame shit. Naruto is cool, but the Kyuubi is not. Byakugan, Sharingan... Do they heal Naruto, and have a thousand different uses? No. So stop trying to compare one to another. One takes away from the user. The other just keeps giving and giving. I can't believe people are still putting it in the same league as the eyes.

Originally posted by: Aramis
Jira at some point mentioned that there's seven stages towards it's mastery.
naruto learned the 3 basic ones needed to use it (rotation, maintenance, and power)
it's hard to imagine what the last 4 would be. probably something that will let you do it with less effort, like Jira does it one-handed just like that. then probably something that will help you hit the target. it seems to be very easy to dodge, its not like the chidori where you just put it in your hand and run around with it, it needs concentration. and the last two would just add to the destruction, like expanding the sphere or using it as a projectile.

Find me where it says there's 7 stages.

Jiraiya could do it well, because he obviously has a lot more experience with it, and control over his chakra. That doesn't mean there's more levels to the jutsu.

jing
Mon, 09-27-2004, 12:25 AM
I agree with Hotsuma.
Cuz look at it this way.
Sharingan- Side effects, it drains chakra.
Kyubi- Side Effects= there are no fucking side effects! cept u will be hated by stupid villagers.

Hotsuma
Mon, 09-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Being liked/hated by the villages won't win your battles for you.

And it seems that at this point in the story, many people more or less don't really care much about it anymore. It's not like they're pointing fingers at Naruto behind his back.

shinichi69
Wed, 09-29-2004, 05:06 AM
hmm... i dun tink it goes down to fair/unfair... its thier personal abilities afterall...

TruthofMistake
Tue, 10-05-2004, 05:38 PM
lol its not really unfair at all i meen if naruto fought a sannin village leader or jounin and probably some of the better chunnin he would get destroyed flat out.... all it really does is set him on par with ppl like neji and sasuke and such.... besides "alls fair in love and war" or "a general who refuses to use an advantage in battle deserves neither the advantage or the victory" i think both of those would fit for a ninja and besides think of what a ninja does : assasinate people now is that really fair???? just hinding up in a tree and and throwing a knife in their throat or well body in general as they cruise buy.... meh as far as im concerned if your in a fight anything goes including uber chakra

wow please umm ignore the horrible spelling in the above paragraph its really bad

jing
Tue, 10-05-2004, 05:39 PM
It's not unfair, he just got owned.

SK
Tue, 10-05-2004, 07:33 PM
who is more of an "unfair" character now, sasuke or naruto?

surge
Thu, 10-07-2004, 10:29 PM
I think a couple of people have gotten some things off.

First off,

Naruto summoned gamabunta in the fight against Gaara with his OWN chakra, being determined to save Sakura, not that of the kyubi's. If he use's the kyubi's chakra it's colored red, second he always asks first, which he didn't before doing that summon since he was determined enough to burst out his own chakra. Attention to little details helps, this shows improvement in Naruto's character in that certain things he can do now don't require help from the monster inside him, and he did all this on the same day as the fight with Neji. Now the last part once he ran out of his OWN chakra then he asked for some help from the kyubi and next thing you know he's bursting with red colored chakra.

Second,

Naruto, if you haven't picked up on it, has some natural inherited abilities, look for a pattern.

1.Look at the picture of the 4th Hokage
2.Look at a picture of every single Naruto character with a parent, and look at their parent, you'll notice something.
3.Go back to the series or manga right before Jiraiya pushes Naruto off the cliff, he apologizes to the fourth before he almost kills Naruto, why does he do this? What does the fourth care if its just some random newborn baby?
4.What would give the 4th the right to take some random new born baby and seal a monster inside it, he must have had some sort of relationship to the kid to deem him able to make that decision. I doubt he grabbed some orphan who was newly born, since no parent would willingly give their kid away to have some monster sealed inside without an understanding of the technique, and then what happened to his parents? Why not tell Naruto who his parents were unless there was some reason to protect him.

Naruto is a underdog(as the series consistant theme goes) because of his past, because he grew up alone, with no one to push him or teach him how to be focused or raise him properly to learn quickly. What shapes a character in this series always has something to do with past experiences, otherwise we wouldn't watch so many freaking flashbacks explaining why a character is the way he/she is. Naruto sucking as a ninja and slowness to learn aren't due to any lack of ability, genetically he has the ability to reach "great potential" and revealing why, may put him in danger. His trump card is his determination. The kyubi's regeneration abilities help him to heal up and keep training so he can train faster.

Naruto is a character with more to him then meets the eye. He seems stupid an slow, most of that is due to a lack of parents growing up to guide him I imagine he has an innate ability to store up and generate mass amounts of chakra for a normal person on top of the kyuubi chakra. Is this unfair? Is it any different

Mut
Thu, 10-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by: surge
I think a couple of people have gotten some things off.

First off,

Naruto summoned gamabunta in the fight against Gaara with his OWN chakra, being determined to save Sakura, not that of the kyubi's. If he use's the kyubi's chakra it's colored red, second he always asks first, which he didn't before doing that summon since he was determined enough to burst out his own chakra. Attention to little details helps, this shows improvement in Naruto's character in that certain things he can do now don't require help from the monster inside him, and he did all this on the same day as the fight with Neji. Now the last part once he ran out of his OWN chakra then he asked for some help from the kyubi and next thing you know he's bursting with red colored chakra.

Second,

Naruto, if you haven't picked up on it, has some natural inherited abilities, look for a pattern.

1.Look at the picture of the 4th Hokage
2.Look at a picture of every single Naruto character with a parent, and look at their parent, you'll notice something.
3.Go back to the series or manga right before Jiraiya pushes Naruto off the cliff, he apologizes to the fourth before he almost kills Naruto, why does he do this? What does the fourth care if its just some random newborn baby?
4.What would give the 4th the right to take some random new born baby and seal a monster inside it, he must have had some sort of relationship to the kid to deem him able to make that decision. I doubt he grabbed some orphan who was newly born, since no parent would willingly give their kid away to have some monster sealed inside without an understanding of the technique, and then what happened to his parents? Why not tell Naruto who his parents were unless there was some reason to protect him.

Naruto is a underdog(as the series consistant theme goes) because of his past, because he grew up alone, with no one to push him or teach him how to be focused or raise him properly to learn quickly. What shapes a character in this series always has something to do with past experiences, otherwise we wouldn't watch so many freaking flashbacks explaining why a character is the way he/she is. Naruto sucking as a ninja and slowness to learn aren't due to any lack of ability, genetically he has the ability to reach "great potential" and revealing why, may put him in danger. His trump card is his determination. The kyubi's regeneration abilities help him to heal up and keep training so he can train faster.

Naruto is a character with more to him then meets the eye. He seems stupid an slow, most of that is due to a lack of parents growing up to guide him I imagine he has an innate ability to store up and generate mass amounts of chakra for a normal person on top of the kyuubi chakra. Is this unfair? Is it any different
you see... you could be right only if it wasn't stated that the kyubi chakra has been mixing with naruto's for quite some time now.

most, if not all, of naruto's achievements without 'using' the kyubi (the ones we could tell for sure like kiba fight) is all crap. no matter what naruto does, kyubi is involved in one way or another.

HimizujinEternia
Thu, 10-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Has the Kyuubi been unfair so far? Yes, yes it has. Just like any other main character of a shonen series, the main character always has a hidden trump card. So does the villian, actually. I recall with the Kenshin example... Shishio was far from defeated when Kenshin hit him with Stage two Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki. He still stood up, and even landed a blow. What killed him was not Kenshin's blade, but his unwillingness to stop the fight before his timelimit was up. I always thought that was a rather silly ending, but I still loved it.

Anyway, however, there's one thing about the Kyuubi that interests me. How much control does Naruto have over the Kyuubi, anyway? Thus far, it's only given Naruto power when he seriously asked for it (expect for the fight with Haku, where it was more of a burst of rage than anything.) This implies to me that Naruto has some control over it. However, when he's not using it, I'm certain the Kyuubi is plotting in the back of Naruto's mind, trying to figure a way out. After all, he's been sealed in that weaklings body for 13 years. You'd think he'd want out.

/************ MANGA SPOILERS *****************\

In the recent chapters of the manga, I believe it has been revealed that Kyuubi has figured a way out. He can only do it when Naruto, and Naruto still limits to some extent the power that he takes. However, the amount of power he's drawn has substantially increased. In his last major powerup, the Kyuubi had a huge, maniacal grin. He knows how to get out; just wait until Naruto needs the right amount of power... the right amount of power for him to effectively get out and break lose, and without anyone with the 4th's skill around this time, he will be free to rampage.

I do not think of this as a possibility. I believe that before the manga is done, Naruto will have to face the very power he's helped release so much of.

/************** END OF SPOILERS ***********************\

Assertn
Fri, 10-08-2004, 01:34 AM
you dont have to worry about spoilers here, Eternia. Only in the Naruto Anime forum

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 10-08-2004, 02:12 AM
Ahh, wasn't so sure about that. Still, I thought it would at least be considerate to label spoilers as such, considering the consequences of the slightest mention of the manga in the anime section. ^_^;;;

Deblas
Sat, 10-16-2004, 07:46 PM
I kind of feel bad for naruto for been nothing without the kyubi inside him

animus
Wed, 10-20-2004, 04:28 PM
the 4th was a great hokage and ninja and all. yes, he was strong, but not strong enough to contend with kyubi at all. he doesn't defeat it with his own strength, he just summoned gama bunta and sealed him. And when Jiraiya says, "i'm sorry 4th". what i believe this to mean is that, since kyubi is such a powerful being, that sealing such an entity wouldn't fit in one life time of a person. so i believe, that the 4th died and was reborn as Naruto with the kyubi still sealed in him.

Dayis
Wed, 10-20-2004, 07:12 PM
first off shishio was male,
Let me try to deal with the 4th and naruto. The child was choosen we do not know and the mangaka has said once in jump manga that naruto past will remain a mystery because it gives many people to think. So analysis whether he is or isn't is a waste of time.
now for the cheapness of the kyuubi.
the kyuubi has no flaws comparing it to a bloodline limit is unfair all limits have their weaknesses. You can't name one that doesn't have a flaw of some type. Kyuubi healing ability is crazy now that naruto can heal the holes the sizes of baseballs instantly. Kyuubi is unstoppable if he allowed to take complete control

Assertn
Wed, 10-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas

if naruto never had kyubi sealed inside him, then he would never have lived a lonely past, and wouldve been content as a generic ninja. The kyubi is indirectly the reason why he cares so much about being an outstanding ninja

Hollow
Wed, 10-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Wait, So you're saying that Naruto would be a redshirt?

Deblas
Thu, 10-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Originally posted by: Deblas

if naruto never had kyubi sealed inside him, then he would never have lived a lonely past, and wouldve been content as a generic ninja. The kyubi is indirectly the reason why he cares so much about being an outstanding ninja

I guess your right. Thats what I like about him he's not a quitter

Assertn
Fri, 10-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by: Hollow
Wait, So you're saying that Naruto would be a redshirt?

if kyubi was sealed up inside some other ninja instead of naruto, then yes, naruto would be a redshirt i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Hollow
Fri, 10-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Yay! Somebody got it.

And isn't giving the Kyuubi complete control a flaw? It'd be kyuubi sealing night all over again, only this time, no sealing.

Deblas
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:22 PM
no. I think it would be impossible. kyubi is sealed inside naruto so he can't do anything about it but naruto can cause he has the power of using the kuybi chakra