PDA

View Full Version : Closet Pervert?

Wildthing
Thu, 08-26-2004, 05:29 AM
So I was watching some older episodes...and I never understood why Kakashi selected the closet pervert to train Naruto. Sure, Kakashi said he was "a much better teacher than himself", but why? Sure, he was teaching Konohamaru, but (my memory of the episodes may be bad) I don't recall seeing him doing jack during the attack on Konoha, nor do I remember seeing anything that might convince me that he is better (or a better teacher) than Kakashi. Was there simply no one else?

?igma
Thu, 08-26-2004, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by: Wildthing
So I was watching some older episodes...and I never understood why Kakashi selected the closet pervert to train Naruto. Sure, Kakashi said he was "a much better teacher than himself", but why? Sure, he was teaching Konohamaru, but (my memory of the episodes may be bad) I don't recall seeing him doing jack during the attack on Konoha, nor do I remember seeing anything that might convince me that he is better (or a better teacher) than Kakashi. Was there simply no one else?

Naruto got in the way of the afair Kakashi was having with Sasuke, thats also the reason why his clothing changed halfway the series and why the flashbacks always stopped after gaara showed himself.

cant have that shit on the young viewers I imagine.

kAi
Thu, 08-26-2004, 06:52 AM
i dont think it is actually said...
he was konohamaru's sensei and i think that kakashi and ebisu are just friends or something along those lines...
i think he was just used because we saw him when konohamaru was introduced so he didnt need to get another character and used one that was already introduced..

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-26-2004, 09:18 AM
I think Kakashi used his Sharingan to forsee that the Closet Pervert would lead Naruto to the Perverted Hermit! Who he could get REAL teching from.

PSJ
Thu, 08-26-2004, 09:49 AM
he let the closet pervert teach naruto becuase he tHought naruto sucked really bad at chakra control (remember when orochimaru did the five part seal on naruto, that messed up his chakra control really bad) thats why the closet pervert became narutos teacher, he is good at teaching the basic stuff.

wirm
Thu, 08-26-2004, 10:07 PM
I hope that Ebisu wasn't killed in the Sand/Sound raid. It would be fun to see him have another fight with naruto.

Wildthing
Thu, 08-26-2004, 10:15 PM
He gets his weener cut off and he is closet pervert no more. lol j/k

Assertn
Fri, 08-27-2004, 12:05 AM
ebisu is an elite teacher....he trains hokage candidates.....so he cant be THAT bad (although then again i dont think he trained anyone who has yet BECOME a hokage i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif)
but he knows his stuff......and naruto needs to learn the basics, which you cant deny

but most importantly, kakashi couldnt train naruto since he had to worry about sasuke

Shi_No_Shikaku
Fri, 08-27-2004, 03:12 AM
Ebisu was prirty good remimbe when naruto was running from him

kAi
Fri, 08-27-2004, 07:01 AM
Shi_No_Shikaku: that was just added into the anime...

wirm
Fri, 08-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
Shi_No_Shikaku: that was just added into the anime...

Regardless of whether or not it was in the manga, I'm sure the fact that it was in the anime makes it just as valid.

We actually haven't seen Ebisu in a real fight. That would be something.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Sat, 08-28-2004, 03:05 AM
kAi it migt have just been in the anime but if i'm not wrong this is in the Anime section!?!?

I think Kakashi just wanted him out of the way and beting him with a stick and running away wasn't that good of a thought.

KitKat
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:12 AM
Even though Kakashi had Sasuke to worry about, I still think he genuinely wanted Naruto to improve and do well in the final match. Hence, I don't think he would have picked someone at random from the village. Kakashi doesn't generally lie about things (not including the "I'm late because.....") and if he says that Ebisu was the best teacher for Naruto at the time, I would trust his judgement.

Deblas
Sun, 08-29-2004, 06:37 PM
he needed to train sasuske he was going to fight gaara after all and he appinted that so called closet pervert to naruto cause he's an elite teacher

Raposo_C
Sun, 08-29-2004, 06:44 PM
I agree with everybody here about Ebusi only being there to train the basics to Naruto. Even now, he can't really control it that way, though when he hit Kabuto with that resengen, i was like now that is an interesting idea.

Also, it was kind of comic relief, and to tell the audiance no matter what you have seen, he still can't control chakra worth a damn, but he is getting better because of that incident. Plus, i think Ebusi and Naruto make a funny team.

Natural Cause
Sun, 08-29-2004, 06:44 PM
kakashi needed naruto out of the way to train sasuke, because the closet pervert is teaching the hokage's granson he is of somewhat importance, naruto been the idiot that he is would surely believe that because hes of somewhat important that he must be good or even so better than kakashi. thats my theory anyway

aznj50
Sun, 08-29-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm suprised the closet perverted didn't die yet.

HotSauce
Sun, 08-29-2004, 08:38 PM
The closet pevert guy might have a really good move. This can be a reason Kakashi chose him to train Naruto. At the end of the walking on water the pervet may have taught him a new move. But Naruto got another most-likely better move!