PDA

View Full Version : Filler Arc Chance...

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Ok, first thing first... I've been reading this forum since Naruto 49 came out, just never posted before, so Im not really new here ^-^

On to the topic...

A while ago we heard there was a chance of a filler arc coming up, especially since the anime is entering the current manga saga.

Everybody expected that everything (for a while) after the sannin battle would be a filler... though we saw on last weeks preview that in ep 98 Tsunade will tell Lee to quit as a Ninja... so Sasuke would be already awake, and thus the 4th saga begins...

Now... in the manga we are currently watching Sasuke and Naruto fight, in the "end" of the 4th saga... ok... so here's my thought...

Many people I know (and many of this forums users too) are thinking that maybe after this battle ends there will be a "time-jump"... well... my two cents are in that if there is indeed a time jump on the manga, when the 4th saga ends in the anime it WON´T go directly to this "future saga", therefore handing us the filler saga where we could have several options... like:

1) usual training...
2) original character's (which the director wanted)
3) Missions of all the other teams beside Team 7 (minus Sasuke that is)
4) Sasuke's life @ Orochimaru's

Just a thought... I mean... getting the filler saga right now will just screw the anime time line, and if the manga does have a time jump... filler saga would have the right time to appear (right time as in not screwing current timeline, nor canceling the show nor ending it just cause it catched up to the manga).

Opinions ^-^?

appelsap
Wed, 08-25-2004, 06:44 PM
i really like this idea and i think it would really work out

Knives122
Wed, 08-25-2004, 06:49 PM
I can work, but the first couple would be like Naruto in a state of depression, b/c of what happened, and then those things, but personally I think a mixture of all of them would be best, b/c it would show whats going on, good Idea, but have fun with all the others most likely(not all of them) bashing this idea, or agreeing with me.

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Knives122: If they do bash no problem heheh... I've been reading this forum for quite a time to see how it works, hehe

And on the topic... it just that I don't really picture another way of having a filler saga without screwing all the timeline... till now the small fillers I've seen have been inserted in a way that doesn't affect the timeline... like Naruto getting late on the exam (at least the anime did try to explain it, although don't like that episode), or Tsunade and CO making a little annoying stop instead of "warping" one chapter to another from one city to the other...

If they are to do time jumps and filler's saga I hope they do them this way...

Oh, and I do really like the idea of some episodes with naruto under a depression or something b/c of the outcome of the battle

RasenDori
Thu, 08-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by: RyougaZell
Ok, first thing first... I've been reading this forum since Naruto 49 came out, just never posted before, so Im not really new here ^-^

Opinions ^-^?

just dont get threads off topic with mut@t@ bashing and we're cool

anyways: i think its a excelent idea. my only fear is that it may not be enough and the anime will got the way of kenshin.

PSJ
Thu, 08-26-2004, 09:56 AM
i guess the best would be for naruto to take a break maybe let another show in for a while and then resume after 1 year or so. thats alot better than fillers. i've seen some of the fillers in one piece and thats not good, you almost cry while watching them.

Souryusen
Thu, 08-26-2004, 10:23 AM
The only way I can see them being able to pull off this filler thing is either to a) stop producing naruto COMPLETELY for a while or b) flashbacks. The thought of filler in Naruto, given what they've shown so far is almost too much to deal with.

Sasuke: "Now that I'm up and able It's time to get revenge on my brother, Itachi!"

Konohamaru: "Help me find red four leaf clover!!!"

Sasuke: "w00t!"

Or better yet

Naruto: "Now that I've learned Rasengan it's time to take the fight to akatsuki! Oh, hi there Hinata-chan!"

Hinata: *vomits blood*

Naruto: "Oh nooooo! And there's nobody in the medical clinic either! Only thing to do is a madcap kagebunshin search for the next 21 minutes!"

Hinata: *bleed*

Perhaps if they have Kakashi relate some tale of his past, maybe his ANBU days. Ostensibly it could be for the purpose of teaching team 7 some important lesson, but in reality it's a way to waste time while amusing us with mad Kakashi throw down action. Hell, put Gai in it. Just make sure it doesn't cover anything major.

Hopefully Kishimoto wont tarnish Naruto with garbage filler. Heh.. maybe they can stretch the fights from the manga out even longer by having the characters glare at each other for minutes at a time. Akira Toriyama must have thought it works. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

JusDaMan
Thu, 08-26-2004, 11:19 AM
from wat these episodes r going... (since last week) there may be... 1 real story episode and 1 filler episode for every week. cause this week is tsunade being hokage next week is probably a filler episode and last week was a filler episode also

ilabb
Thu, 08-26-2004, 11:39 AM
I've thought of that too, but it'd actually make a little sense to have filler after Lee has his surgery so we can have an excuse as to why the "long surgery" took like half a day XD

PSJ
Thu, 08-26-2004, 02:00 PM
doing flashbacks is not good at all, if you dont mean flashbacks form what we already have seen.

Icelander
Thu, 08-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Well They could split the mangachapters up! like 1chapter manga - 2 chapters anime... fillers in the originals.. like the konohamaruthing this week.

ChuBaka
Thu, 08-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by: Icelander
Well They could split the mangachapters up! like 1chapter manga - 2 chapters anime... fillers in the originals.. like the konohamaruthing this week.

I do not like that at all... I was pissed that they even had the rasengan training as long as it was (even though there were several manga chapters devoted to it).. draging things out makes the show less desireable to watch even if it is dragins out the action sequence. Taking a break isnt a bad idea, or some back stories, or just have it less bound to the manga (it worked for berserk).

PSJ
Thu, 08-26-2004, 05:59 PM
it wont work for naruto. it will end up like one piece, with stupid fillers and characters in the wrong places etc. etc.the best thing would be a break.i could totally see a one year break that wouldnt hurt at all.