PDA

View Full Version : Anime Problems-Naruto

yeap_andrew
Wed, 08-25-2004, 10:41 AM
I seem to be having problems playing naruto after I got my notebook fixed, I have the newest divx and xvid drivers and also the newest graphics card drivers. The prob is the anime lags as in it's not synchronized. I've updated all drivers and codecs, done ad-ware scans, trojans, virus scans, normal scan disk and defrags and nothing helps. Even tried using the Nimo codec pack but to no avail. Can someone help me out here? I also tried formatting it but it's still the same but before my notebook was fixed it worked ok. Just to let u all know fixed as in I changed the motherboard cause it got spoiled. Hope you guys can help me out here sick of watching lagging naruto. It also happens when I watch Samurai 7 no idea about others.
Thanks for any help provided

Varion
Fri, 08-27-2004, 03:46 AM
Do make sure you grab your codecs from "official" places.

For DivX, get it at www.divx.com.

For XviD, you'll need to grab your own binary (I recommend Koepi's at www.koepi.org)

(You may need to uninstall Nimo Codec Pack. I've had problems with it in the past dealing with streaming video with it)

If you didn't download your AVIs with BitTorrent, you'll probably want to compare their checksums to make sure they're not corrupt.

If you've got all that sorted out, scanned everything, and made sure your computer is completely clean, then I'd start diving into your AVI's FourCC settings. Typically, you don't need to change this, but it helps sometimes.

Example: One of my Samurai 7 episodes (Episode 7) had many artifacts especially in scene changes.
The FourCCs were as follows:
FourCC Description Code: XviD
FourCC Used Codec: DivX
Changing that last setting to XviD removed all of the artifacts. Remember, typically you shouldn't have to do this.

Hope this helps.

BadGuy
Fri, 08-27-2004, 04:48 AM
Nemo codec pack is really bad atm so don't get that just get the following

divx (koepi's latest build)
and FFDSHOW << instead of divX

the way I install it: uninstall all related codecs (divx/xvid codec packs) first ffdshow and install it al except the xvid then install koepi's latest XviD build

It works like a charm...