PDA

View Full Version : No. of Chuunins

kage_bunshin
Wed, 08-25-2004, 08:02 AM
Hmm... one day I realised.. if the Chuunin exam was held twice a year, and lets say for average, 3 people pass each exam, then there will be 6 new chuunins spread over various villages each year.

So if 10 years past by only 60 people will become chuunin in that time. Its abit odd isn't it? In konoha alone, there seems to be hundreds of chuunins already, and they all look about roughly the same age.

It gets me wondering if people get to be chuunins under special considerations, not just from the chuunin exam.

Discuss away! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-25-2004, 08:36 AM
There are probably more chuunins usually since as they have stated many times "the genins are especially talented this year". Then again that is of course just an excuse to make the main characters kick ass...

RasenDori
Wed, 08-25-2004, 09:19 AM
remember there are some older chuunins like ibuki. even iff many of the chuunins look the same age it doesnt mean that they guaduated at the same time. there could be two 18 yr old chuunins right next to each other and ond could have passed 5 years ago when the other just graduated. also it may be possible that some people become chuunins by demonstrating skill outside of the test and granted the title by the village kage, but ... that would be a little unfair...seeing as how if you have the skill there is now reason that you shouldnt pass the test. your leadership skills only should get your team past the team events. but the exams are more or less just a sport to keep the countries from kicking each others asses and get new clients, so there are probally rules to circumvent gaining chuunin status with out taking the exam.

GhostKaGe
Wed, 08-25-2004, 09:20 AM
in times off war some may have been promoted in the field

jing
Wed, 08-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Ibiki? he aint no chunnin

Kumiriko
Wed, 08-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Well Konoha cant have all the Chunnin's or eles all the other countires would have way less. and they wount even risk takeing on a Group of people that kicked there asses with just there young kids

kAi
Wed, 08-25-2004, 11:26 PM
yeah i thought ibiki was jounin...
there are probably ways of gaining chuunin status without the exam...we could possibly even see it coming up soon at that!...

RasenDori
Thu, 08-26-2004, 08:06 AM
ibukis a chuunin squad leader he said it himself. they never said anything about him being a jounin. hes probally the best chuunin leader there is and they kept him at that rank so that he could continue to have missons leading his men...just a guess

PSJ
Thu, 08-26-2004, 10:01 AM
no no he is a special jounin. he leads a squad of chuunins. his special department his torture and stuff like that basicly getting your enemy to speak dont know how to say that with leser words tho :/.

jing
Thu, 08-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by: RasenDori
ibukis a chuunin squad leader he said it himself. they never said anything about him being a jounin. hes probally the best chuunin leader there is and they kept him at that rank so that he could continue to have missons leading his men...just a guess

No, rewatch that episode. He was just telling them what it was like for him BACK WHEN he was a chunnin. But now hes a special junnin specializing torture as pervy sennin said.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 08-28-2004, 05:27 AM
How can you think that guy is a chuunin,even you didnt hear anything about him one look at him and you know that he is more than a chuunin.

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 08-28-2004, 07:52 AM
he is neither chuunin nor jounin... but based on the information given, he's probably closer to chuunin skill.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 08-29-2004, 06:03 AM
One good clue to that he is a jounin is that Anko was a test examiner too and why would a chunnin be in charge one test and a speciel jounin like anko the other .

Shi_No_Shikaku
Mon, 08-30-2004, 03:09 AM
but they said the exaim was to take place of war there for most of them became chuunin during the war.

EpoC
Mon, 08-30-2004, 05:38 PM
I belive that the chunnin exam that naruto and the others were in was more of a tournament than a real exam.
As you all should know that 2 times a year they gather gennins from various hiden villages, and make a test to prove themself worthy the rank of chunnin.
The hokage said that the main reason for this exam is to exhibit the villages strength to the countreys fuedal lords.
So I think that the hidden villages decided to add a kind of an exam while there at it.
If the gennins make it they might become chunnins. it's more of an official exam/tournament when the winner or the ones that are worthy to get promoted than a just a normal promotion.

I think there are more ways to become a chunnin, than the chunnin exams. for example to prove yourself on the field.

another thing that been buggin my mind is that, 2 times a year there are a big tournament held and like everybody in the village is watching it, And still almost everybody of those who competed didn't knew a sh*t what was happening, they were like
-"WTF eh!??!?!!, what is this tournament I never heard of it in my whole lífe"

anyway that was all I had to say.

and oh yes another thing, is iruka a chunnin or a jounin, I think he is a chunnin but I can be wrong.

kAi
Mon, 08-30-2004, 10:02 PM
iruka is a chuunin...

kage_bunshin
Tue, 08-31-2004, 01:33 AM
Iruka is definitely a Chuunin.

Hehe the point of this thread was that I just wanted to know how come there are sooOOOo many chuunins when the chuunin exam is only held twice a year with only a few people passing.

kAi
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:17 AM
well as it was mentioned above...
people probably get passed in the field...

Shi_No_Shikaku
Thu, 09-02-2004, 04:42 AM
yah makes scen