PDA

View Full Version : Why don't I get anything from seeds, only from peers?

Foomanchew24
Tue, 08-24-2004, 06:53 PM
When I'm using Bittorrent I seem to only be getting dl from peers. If I am connected to just seeds I get zero download. Is this normal. I just did port forwarding and I hope this solves this problem, can anyone else give me any info of this. Is this a normal thing? Plus on bittornado i never get a blue or green light if the torrent is going well it goes to yellow but thats as far as it goes even when seeding. Plus when I seed people get crazy speeds up to 80kbs but iI never seem to get anything from other seed I'm trying to dowload from. This is very confusing to me. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Varion
Fri, 08-27-2004, 02:16 PM
In a way, seeds are peers except seeds have the full copy of whatever you're downloading.

As for your BitTornado, you'll probably want to double-check your port forwarding config. Apparently, it's not very happy with it.

As for your speeds, fixing the routing issue may alleviate the upload speed, but probably won't (especially if you have a really fast connection). You're at the mercy of all the other folk's speeds. (Of course, you can throttle)