PDA

View Full Version : Orochimaru,Itachi, Jirayiya Whos Stronger?

DrUnKnDrAgOn
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:23 AM
Ok i remember Orochimaru Saying Itachi Was stronger then him , BUt Itachi Says Fighting Jiraiya would be a stupid mistake but Orochimaru also beat the 3rd Hokage. so whats your opinion i dont get this personally

kooshi
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:29 AM
It seems to me that Orochimaru is the strongest of the three.

Jiraiya --> well, we haven't seen him actually fight, but he still lost against Orochimaru
Tsunade --> she had the insane strength, but still couldn't fight well against Kabuto
Orochimaru --> managed to kill the 3rd with a wide variety of jutsus, although it cost him his arms

Well, based on those, I'd say Orochimaru.

DrUnKnDrAgOn
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:40 AM
when orochimaru was talking about itachi being stronger he was talking in past tense so he must be talking about when orochimaru still had arms ... IMO though Jiraiya is strongest becuz itachi is afraid of him plus orochimaru only beat him when Jiraiya was Poisoned. then theres Tsunade im not too sure about her havent seen her do much cept use Healing which apparrently everyone an do, mad stregnth but thats not saying much, and summon that huge slug which is expected from a sannin, so im not sure aobut how strong she is but she must be good to become the 5th. these are my opinions though

DeathscytheVII
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:45 AM
They are all sannin, so i consider them equals, they just have different strengths.

Example:

Jiraiya - his powerful techniques (well from what i see so far) not only require knowledge of the jutsu, but constantly training your body and building up your chakra flowing and molding ability and pushing it to the extreme (i.e Resangan) thats why his jutsu's are not so easily copied by Sharingan.

orochimaru - he is considered the most skilled of the Sannin because of his vast Knowledge of Ninjutsu, however, Ninjutsu is susceptible to being copied by Sharingan (which is prlly why he fears Itachi more than Jiraiya)

Tsunade - not much i can say about her profile, but her knowledge of vital organs and medical stuff about the body makes her a formiddable opponent, not to mention her strength :S

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
lol, you guys........he's not asking which of the 3 sannins are the strongest......
he's asking which of Jiraiya, Oro, and ITACHI are the strongest

both questions have been asked a few times already though

fuck. i did it again, i sometimes just read whatever i think is written instead of reading it all the way.

lol...

in that case, the obvious answer is itachi. mr. barles did a pretty good job explaining a good reason for it.

Assertn
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:56 AM
lol, you guys........he's not asking which of the 3 sannins are the strongest......
he's asking which of Jiraiya, Oro, and ITACHI are the strongest

both questions have been asked a few times already though

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:12 AM
I'd pick Itachi. I haven't really seen enough to give any proof, and I think I might've made this argument before, but, out of everyone introduce in the series, Itachi is the most ninja-ish. He has this aura about him, and I have a pretty good idea what gives it. First off, Itachi knows when to run. In his fight against kakashi and the other jounin, he ran to avoid unnecessary complications. In the fight against jiraiya, he ran cuz he didn't wanna risk dying (a very real risk, even if it was possible for him to win) and it was not out of cowardice either. Also, he absolutely destroyed kakashi. If kakashi is supposedly around kabuto's level, and kabuto performed as he did against tsunade, it's not a stretch to say that kakashi is extremely powerful. Final point, Itachi walked in the middle of a village full of ninja who want to kill him, faced off against kakashit, asuma, kurenai, and gai (all at the same time), and then Jiraiya. Itachi did all that, and managed to get away without anyone so much as even coming close to laying a finger on him. Even if no fight was fought to completion, that's quite a feat. These things make itachi look more ninja-ish than any other character to date, and are the reasons I pick him over the others.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 08-24-2004, 03:31 AM
(this kind of thread again....) anyways

UchihaBalres...well put ^_^. I also think that Itachi is the strongest out of the three, and like Balres said, Itachi really has a ninja-ish aura to him and seems to be in quite good control of his emotions. Also.. -.- [forgot the number of jutsus they said Kakashi was supposed to know]..but well if Kakashi would know that many then I would think a master sharingan user would know at least that many, if not more

jing
Tue, 08-24-2004, 12:02 PM
tsunade is

wirm
Tue, 08-24-2004, 12:12 PM
At this point, I'd say Itachi is definitely the deadliest of them. Oro might be the most unpredictable, but without his arms, he's just a really dangerous schemer.

However, if Oro actually finds a way to regain the use of his jutsus, I think an Orochimaru vs Itachi fight would be awesome.

Oro is defintely my favorite baddie. He's weird, powerful, and kinda crazy. Itachi on the other hand is a bit more methodical. A bad guy with the singular purpose of getting the job done with the least amount of trouble and lowest body-count is no fun i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 08-24-2004, 12:34 PM
itachi is the strongest then comes jiraiya then comes oro, oro isn't all that amazing he's totally scared out his mind when he thinks about itachi while itachi sees jiraiya as an opponent capable of killing him so obviously oro is te weakest now if oro takes over sasuke's body than we won't know what happens if sasuke somehow gets the mangekyou sharingan and oro takes his body he might just become stronger then itachi but this is all specualtion just take it from me and almost everyone else Itachi is the strongest character introduced so far and probably will be for a long time

kAi
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:12 PM
well i hear people saying that itachi is running away from jiraiya because he has the chance of being killed...in naruto you have the chance of being killed at ANY time, kunais and jutsus flying everywhere and such...and heaps of people are ninjas...itachi was with kisame both S ranked missing-nins when they went to jiraiya who in the room they were in there was also naruto, and sasuke (who was infact indisposed. naruto who has no chance against kisame or itachi...
Jiraiya V Itachi and Kisame...that should be an easy fight...isnt it said 3 genins can take bells from a jounin...jounin > genin is 2 ranks...the ranks that these 3 are at...is the top rank S or whatever...

in other words it is fair to say that itachi has never fought anyone stronger than him if he knows someone is stronger than him he runs away! he ran away from jiraiya because he is afraid of being killed by jiraiya...

i think jiraiya is strongest...

i think these would be the best battles..one on ones with jiraiya, orochimaru, and itachi...and cant wait to see if they happen!

SofaKing
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:14 PM
This topic again?

The answer is Itachi. The reason Itachi has retreated twice so far is because he's smart enough not to risk a fight with a very powerful opponent (or large number of opponents) when it isn't necessary. He doesn't need to fight Jaraiya, so he isn't going to if he can avoid it. Even if there's only a 10% chance that Jaraiya will win, that's still a risk. That intelligence itself is a powerful asset.

Also, think about it thematically. Sasuke is going to be one of the strongest characters in the series by the time it ends, probably second only to Naruto. They're the main characters in the series, with Sauske being Kishimoto's favorite. Given the genre, they are most likely going to surpass the Sannin. His last fight is going to be with Itachi (it's his character's main motivation; so it stands to reason that it will be resolved at the end of the seires). His fight with Itachi is going to have to be dramatic, so Itachi will have to be stronger than Sasuke, with Sasuke comming from behind to barely win. Therefore, Itachi is going to have to be stronger than the Sannin.

Knives122
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
(this kind of thread again....) anyways

UchihaBalres...well put ^_^. I also think that Itachi is the strongest out of the three, and like Balres said, Itachi really has a ninja-ish aura to him and seems to be in quite good control of his emotions. Also.. -.- [forgot the number of jutsus they said Kakashi was supposed to know]..but well if Kakashi would know that many then I would think a master sharingan user would know at least that many, if not more

I agree, a ninja(from what ive seen in movies etc.) usually have this I dont care feel to them, and Itachi has it, all the others are lets protect each otherish, and I think its right to say that if Kakashi knows around 1000, then Itachi know around 2000 IMO just b/c hes a master sharingan user.

So final statement: ITACHI IS STRONGER case closed

SK
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:42 PM
i think oro is the strongest, i mean cmon cant even use his arms and he is still tough for the other 2 to take on. i think it goes
1. oro
2. jiraiya
3. tsunade

PSJ
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:07 PM
no need to explain itachi is the strongest.

one thing about the sannins tho. my guess is that they are like their summons. orochimaru beats jiraiya, jiraiya beats tsunade and tsunade beats orochimaru.

yvliew
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by: kooshi
It seems to me that Orochimaru is the strongest of the three.

Jiraiya --> well, we haven't seen him actually fight, but he still lost against Orochimaru
Tsunade --> she had the insane strength, but still couldn't fight well against Kabuto
Orochimaru --> managed to kill the 3rd with a wide variety of jutsus, although it cost him his arms

Well, based on those, I'd say Orochimaru.

Jiraiya lost against Orochimaru? how? when?? remember Jiraiya is DRUGGED coming to the fight!

Tsunade also not in her best condition which she is afraid of blood!

Orochimaru didn't kill the 3rd. The 3rd sacrifice his life. Don't forget the 3rd take on 1st and 2nd hokage as well.

Casualty
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Orochimaru in peak form is weaker than Itachi. He said as much himself. Likewise, Itachi said that, in a fight against Jiraiya, the best Itachi could hope for would be both dying, and more than likely Jiraiya would kill him - even if he had reinforcements from other akatsuki groups. Therefore, Jiraiya > Itachi > Orochimaru. Tsunade would probably be even weaker than Oro right now, but that's only cause she's out of practice. Who knows who would be stronger otherwise.

To back me up here: "Yes. If we both fought him, we would both be killed...or in a good case, we might kill him, but we'd die along with him." -Itachi speaking about Jiraiya from the AA trans of 83

Souryusen
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by: Casualty

To back me up here: "Yes. If we both fought him, we would both be killed...or in a good case, we might kill him, but we'd die along with him." -Itachi speaking about Jiraiya from the AA trans of 83

It's possible that Itachi/Kisame know of a trump card that Jiraiya has and we've yet to see. For all the talk we've heard of how great the Sannin are we've only really seen Orochimaru and Tsunade (assuming that was her absolute best) lay it down.

I, personally, think that Itachi's stronger'n Orochi and Orochi's stronger'n Jiraiya but I'm notoriously bad at calling winners in Naruto. In this case, however, I think that if one of the characters in question wasn't bringing their absolute A-game there'd be room for an upset.

SofaKing
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:53 PM

I remember that being discussed at the time, with people saying that it was an inaccurate translation.
S-O simply had him saying that it would be risky.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 08-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Uchiha Barles... nice argument.

I would still think it is Jiraiya... Oro was just on weed when he fought Jiraiya and said he was stronger....

Well to be honest its between Itachi and Jiraiya in my opinion. Jiraiya attacked Itachi, and Itachi ran. That can either be seen as a sign of weakness, or strength if you consider it to be a tactical move.

So I guess based on the anime... I'm un-decided.

Souryusen
Tue, 08-24-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm sure Itachi had a number of reasons to run from Jiraiya, the risk certainly, even with Kisame. The principal reason, as I see it anyway, for his retreat was the fact that there was likely no way to dispose of Jiraiya quickly. Moste likely Itachi and Kisame would've been swarmed by ninja before the fight could be properly concluded. Hell... Gai was already there. At the very least the two of them'd have to deal with Jiraiya (scary in and of itself), Gai and perhaps Naruto. For Itachi and Kisame running was probably the most pragmatic solution.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 08-24-2004, 06:36 PM
BUt did they realise that Gai was there? And also, Itachi said that Naruto was not at a level that was worth worrying about...

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 08-24-2004, 06:54 PM
I don't think these topics are fair to some of the characters. Like Jiraiya, I don't think most people give him enough credit. He knows how to use Rasengan, an incredibly strong attack. If he knows this technique he must be better than we think. We can't judge Jiraiya or Itachi based on what we've seen from them. So far we've only seen Jiraiya fight drugged, and Itachi only use his Sharingan. I think the creators want to make it like this so we can't deffinetly know who's stronger. But things like Itachi saying we both him AND Kisame wouldn't leave with our lives if we fought him tells you right there who is waaay stronger. Jiraiya also tought the 4th so you haveta think about all of this.

at full strength, all of them fighting, I'd say Orochimaru would win. I don't like him that much but he probably is so messed up in the head that the Sharingan eye thing wouldn't make him go crazy as much as Jiraiya might. Jiraiya vs. Oro I'd say Jiraiya.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 08-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Lets settle this. Goku would win.

calithefrog
Tue, 08-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Slug beats snake > snake beats frog > frog beats slug
Tsunade beats Orochimaru > Orochimaru beats Jiraiya > Jiraiya beats Tsunade in theory.

I guess Itachi is below them..... (without his Mighty sharingan, he is nothing....)

Souryusen
Tue, 08-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
BUt did they realise that Gai was there? And also, Itachi said that Naruto was not at a level that was worth worrying about...

They may have known Gai was there... but then again maybe not. That's not really what's being disputed though. They HAVE to have known that a Jounin+ level battle would draw attention, the last thing ninja in hostile territory need. As for Naruto being inconsequential.. he probably is. But then again.. if Jiraiya is handling Itachi and Gai is handling Kisame then perhaps not.

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by: calithefrog
Slut beats snake > snake beats frog > frog beats slut
Tsunade beats Orochimaru > Orochimaru beats Jiraiya > Jiraiya beats Tsunade in theory.

I guess Itachi is below them..... (without his Mighty sharingan, he is nothing....)

this is pretty much wrong. your whole forumla is incorrect.

EDIT: response to below:

i don't know what the right formula is but i know for sure that ain't right. when you say slut i guess you mean slug and slug never beat anything. neither did the frog nor did the snake. also, you can't say tsunade beat orochimaru, orochimaru beat jiraiya, or jiraiya beat tsunade considering two of them had handicaps during the fight and jiraiya and tsunade never fought.

calithefrog
Tue, 08-24-2004, 07:21 PM
Slug beats snake > snake beats frog > frog beats slug > slug beats snake > .........

I'm sorry, then what's the RIGHT formula....

Souryusen
Tue, 08-24-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm sorry, then what's the RIGHT formula....

Sean Connery = better than all of them combined

Knives122
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Slut beats snake > snake beats frog > frog beats slut > slut beats snake > .........

Why do you have to call her a slut, if you must then you would have to treat the three like this

slut beats pedophile > pedophile beats pervert > pervert beats slut > slut beats pedophile >.......

Voltage
Tue, 08-24-2004, 09:56 PM
She can beat up the Pervert, all she's gotta do is strip! Of course it won't faze Oro...

Souryusen
Tue, 08-24-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by: Voltage
She can beat up the Pervert, all she's gotta do is strip! Of course it won't faze Oro...

Unless she henge's into a 12 year old boy.

kupalmaru
Tue, 08-24-2004, 10:30 PM

[/quote]

I think you can not base your argument base on what character said.

I remember Sarutabi telling Enma that he would kill Oro; The Third failed to kill Oro.

no need to explain itachi is the strongest.

one thing about the sannins tho. my guess is that they are like their summons. orochimaru beats jiraiya, jiraiya beats tsunade and tsunade beats orochimaru.

[/quote]
Itachi will have a hardtime defeating Oro's ressurection technique.

Oro could still summon The Fourth Hokage and all of past hokage from from other village. Worst case scenario for Itachi if Oro ressurected 5 hokage at a time to battle him.

The only bad thing for Oro, He do not have arm to do his jutso.

Oro could probably be one of the dangerous man to walk the Naruto world

Edit: Mangyeko and Amaretsu may not work on the ressurected person. The only way so far to defeat them is if you take away their soul.

calithefrog
Tue, 08-24-2004, 10:47 PM
My bad.... sorry.... I don't mean to type slut.... stupid spelling mistake...hehe

Anyway, that "Slug beats snake > snake beats frog > frog beats slug" is from this:

(quote from http://www.jbrowse.com/text/janken.shtml)
Mushiken was played with the snake, frog and slug symbols. Snake (thumb) beat frog (index finger), which beat slug (ring finger), and slug beat snake. Mushiken was a children's game, whereas shouyaken was played after brief dancing and singing, accompanied by the samisen, by adults in their tatami rooms.

Knives122
Tue, 08-24-2004, 10:48 PM
more like rock paper scissors

Aeon
Wed, 08-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122

That's how I see things, I see Jiraiya as rock, Oro as paper, and Itachi as scissors. If it was up to me I'd have Itachi be weaker then Oro just for the simple fact he looked like a punk when he ran away. Ohhhh I used the super Sharingan(dunno the real name) and the black fire now I must run away since my sharingan is gonna turn off and I wont be able to copy and anticipate Jiraiya movements. Neji wouldn't run away in that situation i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Mut
Wed, 08-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon

Originally posted by: Knives122

That's how I see things, I see Jiraiya as rock, Oro as paper, and Itachi as scissors. If it was up to me I'd have Itachi be weaker then Oro just for the simple fact he looked like a punk when he ran away. Ohhhh I used the super Sharingan(dunno the real name) and the black fire now I must run away since my sharingan is gonna turn off and I wont be able to copy and anticipate Jiraiya movements. Neji wouldn't run away in that situation .

you don't know what you're talking about. using mangekyou sharingan obviously requires a lot of chakra. itachi used the mangekyou sharingan too many times and was exhausted. it's like if sasuke uses chidori too much, he won't be able to fight. that's why itachi had to retreat and it wasn't out of cowardice. if you think neji is gonna try to fight a battle which he has high chance of dying for no important reason then you're calling neji a dumbass.

Sam98034
Thu, 08-26-2004, 03:15 PM
I hear everyone say that Itachi is the strongest character introduced so far in the anime...but isn't it Naruto really? I mean, when he faught Haku I think it was in the begining episodes he was stronger than kakashi right? I'm not sure but Steroid Naruto seems to be the strongest character introduced so far.

Assertn
Thu, 08-26-2004, 04:39 PM
My bad.... sorry.... I don't mean to type slut.... stupid spelling mistake...hehe

Anyway, that "Slug beats snake > snake beats frog > frog beats slug" is from this:

(quote from http://www.jbrowse.com/text/janken.shtml)
Mushiken was played with the snake, frog and slug symbols. Snake (thumb) beat frog (index finger), which beat slug (ring finger), and slug beat snake. Mushiken was a children's game, whereas shouyaken was played after brief dancing and singing, accompanied by the samisen, by adults in their tatami rooms.

yeah, did you guys see how that slug was totally kicking that snake's ass?

i mean....it almost HIT him with acid!!

Sam98034
Fri, 08-27-2004, 12:47 PM
well it might just be that way because frogs have naturally slimy skin that fights diseases, can poison enemies, and can withstand certain acid. So in that sense, the frog would own the slug, and the slug can acid the snake to death. And the snake can't really do anything to the slug as we saw it just break away when it was squeezed. This is all assuming the slug can only do acid attacks and that the snake is weak against it.

wirm
Fri, 08-27-2004, 01:02 PM
we saw no indication that the snake was weak against the slug. In fact, it looked like Manda was doing a perfectly good job against both Katsuyu and Gamabunta at the same time. It would probably have gone quite differently if Tsunade hadn't interfered.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 08-27-2004, 01:06 PM
this stupid discussion still going on????

Kakafosha
Fri, 08-27-2004, 10:05 PM
orichimaru > only killed the 3rd cuz he was old
jiraiya > doesnt really show as a big threat to orichimaru unless allied with lets say...tsunade?
itachi > killed his whole clan and is feared by everyone in konaha...

hrm. i wonder who's the strongest? itachi, duh!! its as simple as that. i mean, im so on the dot this thread should be closed. hehe i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Stoopider
Sat, 08-28-2004, 04:15 AM
who's the strongest? Jiraiya. Because he's handsome.

And Jiraiya made Itachi and sharkface pissed their pants in the froggies mouth.

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 08-28-2004, 02:40 PM
as long we havent seen Itachi and Jiraiya going head on and using full powers.. you can't say 100% Itachi is the strongest.. cuz im pretty sure Jiraiya won't fall that easily to his Sharingan..

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 08-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha-Itachi
as long we havent seen Itachi and Jiraiya going head on and using full powers.. you can't say 100% Itachi is the strongest.. cuz im pretty sure Jiraiya won't fall that easily to his Sharingan..

A reasonable Itachi fan.i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Lucian5000
Sat, 08-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Exactly. We haven't seen all the crazy things those two are capable of. Itachi escaped from Jiraiya because if he didn't, he WOULD have been digested in the frog stomach. But not before they severely damaged or killed Jiraiya. But that wouldn't have been good for the story.

So, we can safely say.. Itachi and Jiraiya are too strong for their own good. ^^

DB_Hunter
Sat, 08-28-2004, 07:00 PM
You know the Uchiha clan shown didn't look all that... just old gramps, mum and dad...

Mut
Sat, 08-28-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
You know the Uchiha clan shown didn't look all that... just old gramps, mum and dad...

yeah, that's all the uchihas must be old people. no strong, young people but just old people. that's why they were considered as the most feared clan.

right.

HotSauce
Sat, 08-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Well they didnt really show that the Uchiha clan was so strong, All they showed was a couple male ninjas tossing shurikans at Itachi.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 08-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by: Lucian5000
Exactly. We haven't seen all the crazy things those two are capable of. Itachi escaped from Jiraiya because if he didn't, he WOULD have been digested in the frog stomach. But not before they severely damaged or killed Jiraiya. But that wouldn't have been good for the story.

So, we can safely say.. Itachi and Jiraiya are too strong for their own good. ^^

Are you high? Please people before we go and post about an earlier episode go back and watch the damn thing so you know what your talking about. FIRST OF ALL it was an esophagus there was no stomach.....no stomach acid.....no digesting going on. It was ment to hold them in so Jiraiya could kick the shit out of them. WHY THE HELL ELSE WOULD HE TRAP EVERYONE IN THERE!? Because he felt like dying? Jiraiya is way smarter than you give him credit for. He wouldn't trap himself in a hallway unless he was sure he could kick their asses.

Now then for the love of god.......NO MORE OF THE TOPICS!

Sam98034
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Is the translation correct with the esophagus??? The esophagus doesn't really have those tentacle things, thats more like the small intestine with all the little villi in there. Maybe mistranslation, maybe no.

And anyways the Sharingan gets way too much damn credit in this topic. Everyone in his village had the sharingan, but they weren't all genius ninjas. They didn't make Itachi a chunin(i think it was, whatever) at the age of 8 just because he could copy other peoples techniques. Itachi is bad ass without his Sharingan, they're just an added bonus. I doubt he'd be severely handicaped if e couldn't use them in a battle or something.

Anyways, according to what we have seen in the anime so far. Jiraiya "appears" to be stronger than Itachi simply because Itachi does not want to confront him saying it may lead to death.
This could be because Jiraiya is, in fact, stronger than he is. It can also be because Jiraiya has some good defense move that we haven't seen yet, so Itachi couldn't hurt him even with his powerful attacks. It can also mean that he is equal to Itachi and Itachi wouldn't wanna risk that kind of match. It might also mean that Itachi is just giving Jiraiya too much credit. It can mean a number of things. But yeah, the anime, right now, does kind of try to imply that Itachi would not win a fight against Jiraiya.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 08-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by: Sam98034
Is the translation correct with the esophagus??? The esophagus doesn't really have those tentacle things, thats more like the small intestine with all the little villi in there. Maybe mistranslation, maybe no.

And anyways the Sharingan gets way too much damn credit in this topic. Everyone in his village had the sharingan, but they weren't all genius ninjas. They didn't make Itachi a chunin(i think it was, whatever) at the age of 8 just because he could copy other peoples techniques. Itachi is bad ass without his Sharingan, they're just an added bonus. I doubt he'd be severely handicaped if e couldn't use them in a battle or something.

Anyways, according to what we have seen in the anime so far. Jiraiya "appears" to be stronger than Itachi simply because Itachi does not want to confront him saying it may lead to death.
This could be because Jiraiya is, in fact, stronger than he is. It can also be because Jiraiya has some good defense move that we haven't seen yet, so Itachi couldn't hurt him even with his powerful attacks. It can also mean that he is equal to Itachi and Itachi wouldn't wanna risk that kind of match. It might also mean that Itachi is just giving Jiraiya too much credit. It can mean a number of things. But yeah, the anime, right now, does kind of try to imply that Itachi would not win a fight against Jiraiya.

......are you finished?

Assertn
Sat, 08-28-2004, 09:26 PM
there were no tentacle things in the manga

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 08-28-2004, 09:30 PM
THERE WERE NO TENTACLES IN THE ANIME

What he's talking about is when Itachi blows a whole in it and theres parts of it dangling. WOULD YOU PLEASE WATCH THE ANIME MORE ATTENTIVELY BEFORE YOU GO POSTING ABOUT IT!

....im calm...i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Edit: Where's mut@t@ when you actually need him?

Souryusen
Sat, 08-28-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
THERE WERE NO TENTACLES IN THE ANIME

What he's talking about is when Itachi blows a whole in it and theres parts of it dangling. WOULD YOU PLEASE WATCH THE ANIME MORE ATTENTIVELY BEFORE YOU GO POSTING ABOUT IT!

....im calm...

Edit: Where's mut@t@ when you actually need him?

He said he was missing "Friends" and ran off.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Sat, 08-28-2004, 10:08 PM
he's in the irc channel

and i think the tentacle things he mentions is those things that shoot out and kisame slashes up with his sword

Raven
Sat, 08-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Everyone in his village had the sharingan, but they weren't all genius ninjas.
Um, *cough* no. Only a select rare few.

skullchemist
Sun, 08-29-2004, 02:21 AM
Jiraiya is probably going to end up being the strongest. . .

if you think about it, i think of the three suggested, we've seen the
least from Jiraiya in terms of techniques. So far we've seen techniques
that are pretty run of the mill for the series, and a couple good ones that
were used simply as teaching aides for Naruto. I also feel that his motives
are not very well understood . . . he turns down being hokage and mereley shrugs it off as not being qualified and instead lies to Tsunade (saying that the elders chose her. . . when actually it was him). I also think the opening of gates will come into play, and if i were to guess who could open all the gates right now in the series, i'd say Jiraiya. . . .though it would mean death to him (probably the origin of the Itachi quote claiming that regardless of force, they would die, and at best only die and kill Jiraiya at the same time by forcing the opening of the last gate. . .

just my thoughts

Sam98034
Sun, 08-29-2004, 02:40 AM
episode 85 at time 12:32...

He is slicing some long dangly things with his big sword. Maybe "tentacle things" aren't descriptive enough, I don't know what to call them.

And only a select few have the Sharingan?? In the show some old Uchiha dude was telling sasuke how his brother got the sharingan at a young age (9 or something) and that he was impressed. I assumed this meant that he was impressed that he got them at a young age and that most Uchiha eventually got them when they were older after lots of training or something. When does it say that only a few of the Uchiha clan ever got the sharingan? Why would the be a feared and respected clan if like no one really got the sharingan? And I'm not positive, but wasn't Itachi a Chunin or whatnot before he got his Sharingan?

and skullchemist I like your idea. In this way, Itachi could be much stronger than Jiraiya, but Jiraiya could still beat him by opening a few gates, and AT BEST Itachi is strong enough so that Jiraiya would have to open up all gates to defeat him, killing himself in the process.

uhicha neji
Sun, 08-29-2004, 03:29 PM
It's clearly Jiraiya. Itachi fears him, and was close to killing Itachi. Oro fears Itachi, and knows he cannot win. The battle between Oro & Jiraiya doesn't show anything. They were both at a weak state.

Knives122
Sun, 08-29-2004, 03:31 PM
True, so you can say that overall Jiraiya would be the strongest, b/c if you look at the times when all three were in a weakened state, Jiraiya was the only one that handled himself well, with Itachi in a close second.

Mut
Sun, 08-29-2004, 05:20 PM
it's clearly not jiraiya. sorry, but no.

uhicha neji
Sun, 08-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
it's clearly not jiraiya. sorry, but no.

Who is it then ? We've seen Oro fight as hard as he can, and we've seen Itachi's killer move. Jiriya must be hiding/saving a sweet move for later on when it's absolutely crucal.

Deblas
Sun, 08-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Orochimaru is the strongest

kupalmaru
Sun, 08-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
Orochimaru is the strongest

Yeah Oro is the strongest.

I never seen Oro fight to the max.

Natural Cause
Sun, 08-29-2004, 08:25 PM
episode 85 at time 12:32...

He is slicing some long dangly things with his big sword. Maybe "tentacle things" aren't descriptive enough, I don't know what to call them.

And only a select few have the Sharingan?? In the show some old Uchiha dude was telling sasuke how his brother got the sharingan at a young age (9 or something) and that he was impressed. I assumed this meant that he was impressed that he got them at a young age and that most Uchiha eventually got them when they were older after lots of training or something. When does it say that only a few of the Uchiha clan ever got the sharingan? And I'm not positive, but wasn't Itachi a Chunin or whatnot before he got his Sharingan?

and skullchemist I like your idea. In this way, Itachi could be much stronger than Jiraiya, but Jiraiya could still beat him by opening a few gates, and AT BEST Itachi is strong enough so that Jiraiya would have to open up all gates to defeat him, killing himself in the process.

not everyone can open gates, only gai and lee can open gates at this point. also opening gates is not something that can be copied, if jiraiya could open gates so could the 3rd and the 3rd would have been able to defeat orochimaru

uhicha neji
Sun, 08-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Didn't Itachi say to Kisume, that if they fought Jiriya both would be killed or they would both die and he would to ? Clearly he think's Jiriyia is stronger than him.

Souryusen
Sun, 08-29-2004, 09:08 PM
And the cycle begins anew.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 08-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by: uhicha neji
Didn't Itachi say to Kisume, that if they fought Jiriya both would be killed or they would both die and he would to ? Clearly he think's Jiriyia is stronger than him.

Gee one person knew what they were talking about. I can't believe that this was actually a thread.

i/expressions/devil.gif

kupalmaru
Sun, 08-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by: Natural Cause

not everyone can open gates, only gai and lee can open gates at this point. also opening gates is not something that can be copied, if jiraiya could open gates so could the 3rd and the 3rd would have been able to defeat orochimaru

Your not assured of an instant win if you open a gate.

A good example of this is Lee

Natural Cause
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:15 PM
ah but not everybody has sand protecting them i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif remeber both times that lee used that move, both victums had soft landings, gaara has the grall thingy which broke his fall giving him minimal damage. they said that opening all 7 gates would give u the power to defeat a hokage. if the 3rd knew how to open a gate let alone all 7 im sure he would have. but as it stands only 2 people know how to open gates.

the thing i dont understand about the gates is, a gate allows a controled flow of chakra. when u open a gate the chakra becomes uncontrol/a larger amount can pass through. on the diagram they showed it doesn;t exactly work (to me) because the chakra would get stoped at the next gate..... or does it distrubite the chakra to all the other gates. so say if 6 chakra was to pass through any given gate, opening a gate would make the other 6 now flow with 7?

6--------7--------8.4--------10.5--------14--------21--------42--------(opened)
6--------7--------8.4--------10.5--------14--------21--------(opened)
6--------7--------8.4--------10.5--------14--------(opened)
6--------7--------8.4--------10.5--------(opened)
6--------7--------8.4--------(opened)
6--------7--------(opened)
6--------(opened)

??!?! theory

Assertn
Mon, 08-30-2004, 03:15 AM
i highly doubt the 3rd would have any problem unlocking gates

have you considered possibly, that the level of efficiency of a hokage is high enough that unlocking gates wouldnt help him significantly?

besides........
the 3rd established that no matter how much power he uses against the 1st and 2nd, it would be futile....since they can regenerate.
summoning the death god was prolly the only thing he could do against them

uhicha neji
Mon, 08-30-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i highly doubt the 3rd would have any problem unlocking gates

have you considered possibly, that the level of efficiency of a hokage is high enough that unlocking gates wouldnt help him significantly?

besides........
the 3rd established that no matter how much power he uses against the 1st and 2nd, it would be futile....since they can regenerate.
summoning the death god was prolly the only thing he could do against them

I agree. Now close this stupid thread please i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Kent-Su
Sun, 09-05-2004, 03:52 PM
well, orochimaru was strongest before the arms thing, and can still compete without them. Tsunade has incomparable strength not to mention her medical capabilities. Jiraiya, or how u spell it, is just an older version of naruto.....so, i would say orochimaru, jiraiya, tsunade. after the incedent, tsunade, orochimaru, jiraiya

Eurasian
Sun, 09-05-2004, 04:08 PM
i think itachi is strongest. i thought oro left the akatsuki cuz he saw no chance of getting itachi's body.

?igma
Sun, 09-05-2004, 04:41 PM
close this damn repeat thread, goddamn -_-

G-Pong
Sun, 09-05-2004, 04:54 PM
http://www.bettymills.com/store/images/product/FMAS2476.JPG

PSJ
Sun, 09-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by: uhicha neji

translation error, if i remember correctly they said that itachi couldnt win in his current state since he had overused the mangekyou sharingan.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 09-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by: Souryusen
And the cycle begins anew.

You said it... I blame the filler eps... they are causing the ppl on this forum to talk about stuff that should not have been dragged up again.

Hinata <3
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:41 AM
I think its jiraiya it's the strongest based on what
ive have seen, and i think that jiraiya is the one with most knowledge.

Krbadass
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by: Hinata &lt;3
I think its jiraiya it's the strongest based on what
ive have seen, and i think that jiraiya is the one with most knowledge.

I agree..

Mut
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:55 AM
most knowledge in what? peeping?

the most knowledgeable about ninjas would be orochimaru.

iamaseb
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:19 AM
I'm not sure that oro is the best in nindo.
It's true that he have learned a lot of moves, but maybe Itachi know more moves than oro because of the sharingan.
Oro need the sharigan to know all the moves (that's what he is aiming).
I suppose that jiraya was better than oro. The problem is that jiraya is getting older but oro is still young...

It's my first reply, hi to everyone.

chambers
Thu, 09-09-2004, 06:36 AM
iam completley convinced follwing the tsunade fight with oro that it goes like this itachi&gt;oro&gt;jira&gt;tsunade.

Kolimbursi
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:27 AM
itachi and orochimaru are the weakest ninjas ive ever seen in anime..
the best ninja is IRUKA SENSEI O.O PWNZ

but the strongest is still the ramen shop .. u never seen him fighting with his sushi-knife

Kaka
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:53 PM
itachi &gt; orochimaru &gt; jaraiya

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 10-11-2005, 10:57 PM
I dont think that Jairya has been trying all that hard. And we have only seen a part of what he and Oro can do because when they did fight they both were not in the best condition. So I think that I will go with Jairya for winning the fight. Not because he is stronger necessarily, but because like Naruto he wouldnt give up!

i/expressions/devil.gif

DarthEnderX
Tue, 10-11-2005, 11:20 PM
What...the...hell.

Zombie thread.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 10-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
What...the...hell.

Zombie thread.

My thoughts exactly

Jaredster
Wed, 10-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Jiraya would murder Itachi.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578

Originally posted by: DarthEnder
What...the...hell.

Zombie thread.

My thoughts exactly

WTF. This thread is 14 month old.

Jiraya

heero
Wed, 10-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Jirayiya
Itachi
Orochimaru

SabaakNin
Thu, 10-13-2005, 01:14 AM
I think one thing people may want to at least consider is the summons. Itachi (based on what I know, which is sadly, only the anime), has NO summons. I think that, as of right now, we can't decide who is the strongest, because based on what we know, it's entirely circumstantial. They're all considered so vastly strong for plot purposes. Orochimaru is the semi-bad guy/Sasuke's teacher. Itachi is trying to extinguish the threat of the nine-tails fox demon, and Jiraiya is the strongest/Naruto's teacher. Following this train of thought, it's possible to think maybe Itachi will be dealt with before the end of the anime, and the anime will end with Naruto, under Jiraiya's training, fighting Sasuke, under Orochimaru's. Somewhere along the way, Sasuke could figure out Oro's plot and kill him, then maybe kill Jiraiya to piss Naruto off enough to want to kill him. He may even kill Sakura, to really push him over the edge.
I know I started drifting off topic, but I think it's a bit pointless to argue over these three. -If- they ever do get in a situation with them at their best and squaring off, I think -something- would stop them from finding out the truth. It seems the only one of these three set to really fight is Itachi, but that doesn't mean he's the strongest. JIra seems to be just there to train Naruto, and Oro seems to just be there to give Sasuke power until Sasuke gets sick of him and kills him.
Quick question; you think the summons can be affected by the mangekyo? If not, then I'd say, just for the hell of it, that Itachi could very well be at the bottom of this list, instead of the top. Otherwise, it's so close a match that it's not really worth fretting over.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Oro is clearly the bassest ass in this whole series and the strongest.

Strider
Thu, 10-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Orochimaru clearly isn't the biggest and baddest mofo' in the series, or he would have taken Itachi out, and acquired his Sharingan which is evidently miles above the level of Sasuke's. Orochimaru isn't as strong as Itachi, and that's why he's gone for Sasuke.

Orochimaru is above Jiraiya, too. Even in all his perverted antics and jokes, and all the power he's hiding and we haven't seen fully shown, Orochimaru is above him.

Itachi &gt; Orochimaru &gt; Jiraiya

And, this is almost even sad to put them in that order, because Itachi is like three or four decades younger than these Sannin, and is already at their level or above, with vast potential to simply continue rising.

poopdeville
Thu, 10-13-2005, 03:03 PM
From what the characters have said, I'd say Jiraiya &gt; Itachi &gt; Orochimaru. I don't think Itachi's Tsukuyomi Sharingan technique would work so well against Jiraiya, since he's a wise hermit. And that seems to be Itachi's greatest strength. Of course, this is speculative. It's just a hunch.

But they're all retardedly strong, so I really think there is no clear answer to this question until Kishimoto settles it.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-13-2005, 05:38 PM
I don't know Strider, I think Oro could handle Itachi. I wonder if there is enough knowledge about those two to have another dream match.