PDA

View Full Version : Need some artistic feed back

Lefty
Mon, 08-23-2004, 08:09 PM
I've been working on this for a few days now and I can't tell if i need to redo the hair highlights on the guy in forground or not. Point out anything else that jumps out at you that should be considered for fixing. thanks in advance.

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/8132/Bleach-two-shot-copy.jpg

Mut
Mon, 08-23-2004, 08:59 PM
that white line on the edge of that guy's face. it's the first thing i noticed.

NM
Mon, 08-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Did you base these dudes on Reno & Rude from FF7? If you did, they look just almost like them. Except Rude is bald and Reno uses a stun club i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. On the guy with black hair, theres a brown spot on his hair and its right near where Mutata said the white line was.

Lefty
Mon, 08-23-2004, 09:41 PM
No I didn't. Most of my work is copy, color, shade, highlight work. I can draw but not this well. It's based off a Bleach Chapter cover that I liked. Onto the white line. I'm on the highlight work and I'm having trouble getting it right. I'll chage the white line to a lighter opacity.

Assertn
Mon, 08-23-2004, 10:00 PM
well, the first thing that i saw was that the guy on the right looked smaller than the guy on the left.....
i understand he's supposed to be in the background, but i think the way they both have a similiar level of detail and how there isnt alot of overlap, it makes him look like he's just a small guy who's next to the guy on the left.

If this was taken from something that was already drawn though, then i guess i shouldnt be telling this to YOU in particular, though i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

One thing you COULD do, if you want to try it, would be to blur the orange haired guy and trees a little to add depth and focus onto the other guy

everything else looks good though i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Lefty
Mon, 08-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Blur effects are always the last thing I do on piece. That should help diferenciate the two. I thought the highlight on Ichigo's jacket would seperate them but I was wrong.

Assertn
Mon, 08-23-2004, 10:17 PM
actually you know what......when i look at it now.....it almost seems to me as if the orange haired guy's jacket is barely OVERLAPPING the other guy's jacket...

this probably adds to that weird illusion that was confusing me

Mut
Mon, 08-23-2004, 10:52 PM
assertnfailure is just getting fooled by lefty's genjutsu.

Assertn
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:26 AM
lol......make it stop.....im getting fingerprints all over my monitor trying to reach for him as he's coming out of the screen

<smears hand across monitor again>

NOOOOOOO!!!!

Lefty
Tue, 08-24-2004, 03:18 AM
LOL. Don't worry you get used to it. A bottle of windex will fix the finger printsn and a bottle of beer will fix the mind. I never though my art would cause mental trauma. I feel like Sadakoi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:07 AM
...I like it! Guess I'm not much of an art critic. Probably because since I can't draw for shit I think almost everything other people do is perfect.

Assertn
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:41 AM
im relatively a n00b at drawing, myself, but my forte is more in the assemblage and overall composition of art
unfortunately i really hate dealling with graphical layout, but I can easily distinguish between what i like and dont like.....

what i WANT to get into more is 3d cgi.....which ive been working with for like, 6 years now.....and did lots of extensive practice/research over the past year

but getting back on topic......i cant come up with masterpieces very easily, but i can still criticize stuff easy enough (which kinda sucks when you're working on something and decide you dont like it i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif)

Lefty
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Here's the pic with some blur effects hope fully that helps with the depth of field problem (cough cough, Looks over at AssertnFailure)i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Edit: Fixed

http://img14.exs.cx/img14/8132/Bleach-two-shot-copy.jpg

Assertn
Wed, 08-25-2004, 01:17 AM
i cant load it i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Lefty
Wed, 08-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Now you cani/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Wed, 08-25-2004, 10:12 PM
ah there we go.....
hmmm interesting. It sure helps pull depth in the pic more

im wondering if its worth sacrificing the crisp coloring you originally had though

any other thoughts? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Lefty
Wed, 08-25-2004, 10:28 PM
Im thinking those highlights on the guy in the forground kinda suck and need redoing.

Assertn
Wed, 08-25-2004, 10:52 PM
true, they do look a little jagged....
use the path tool for that i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Lefty
Wed, 08-25-2004, 11:16 PM
I'll just use the piant tool and lower the opacity of layer as needed. it's what I do for shadows and the hilights on the other guy's hair.

Chii Ayumi
Thu, 08-26-2004, 11:29 AM
You should put some morre shadows on the faces.

Lefty
Fri, 08-27-2004, 10:00 PM
I still need to finish the inner shadows which add a little more contrast and depth to the pic. But will add more shadow. thanks.