PDA

View Full Version : Yu Yu Hakusho

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-22-2004, 07:28 AM
Let's talk about this brilliant anime. The sub, the dub, the characters, the story, Kuwabara's humilations... whatever!

Myself I've been a YYH fan since I played the SNES games. Yeah they are in japanese and a tad hard to understand at first but man they are AWESOME. Mega funny games. So I wanted to try the anime, of course. Which I did. It owns.

Karasu <3

I'm up to episode 75, they just disposed of...

SPOILERZZ

The Doctor. MAN that fight was AWESOME.

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 08-22-2004, 07:57 AM
yes this anime is really good but i feel it is droppin since the tournament ended it just totally fucked everything, yusuke is supposed to be super powerful and out of nowhere someone imediatelly appears with more power WTF!, anyway omg Kuwabara must be one of the funniest characters ever but Hiei takes the crown in this anime he's just too cool i'm up to 84 right now i'm waiting for the next dvd to be released cuz i hate watching battles and stop half way trough, yu yu hakusho is definately a great manga and so is the artists other manga Hunter X Hunter if you like yu yu i suggest yo check out HxH it doesn't start out as good as Yu Yu but gets really great half way trough

Knives122
Sun, 08-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Im at the part where they meet the next badguy hes looks cool, really excited about all the other stuff to come in the series

sorry Budd force of habit, trying to remeber what the rules for this forum are again

Munsu
Sun, 08-22-2004, 12:01 PM
knives... what happened to spoiler warnings around here?

The first time I saw Yu Yu Hakusho was in cartoon network and at first thought i found it to suck big time, a couple of years later i decided to download them to give them a second chance, and Im glad i did.... it just needed a little adjustment for it to be of my liking (a little bit of Jap audio since i really hate dubs, and Yu Yu is no exception)

sangai
Sun, 08-22-2004, 02:14 PM
ive been stuck on episode 86 for some time know waiting for the next eps.

i wish hq's tracker was up so i could finally watch 87-90

oh the spoilers i have read only makes it get so much better.

i hope they finish dubbing all the eps it would suck if they didn't finish the 4th season.

Munsu
Sun, 08-22-2004, 02:17 PM
well it will be down until the 25... just get them from the bots on their irc channel

sangai
Sun, 08-22-2004, 02:47 PM
yeah lots of people say that but i hate irc.

so im sol.

i can't even use irc nor do i wish to learn it. besides thats only three days wait.

ryan92084
Sun, 08-22-2004, 02:52 PM
ehh i'm watching the dubs on cartoon network ...mainly cause i'm lazy... but i like the series ..they are up to the house of 3 dimensions ...or whatever its called

TruthofMistake
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:12 PM
yuyu is a good show and one of the shows that got me interested in it.... i to watch the dubs because im lazy but meh its still awsome.... fight scenes are great and make up for the sometimes lacking plot

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Fight scenes kick ass indeed I'm at ep 80ish... they just began VS the Game Master.

Itsuki is so hawt. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Edit: Okay I've seen up to episode 86 and I desperately need more episodes, preferably dubbed! Help!

Munsu
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:06 AM
go to #animehq in rizon...

they have a bot with 87-90

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks a lot for the assistance mate.

Goingin
Sun, 08-29-2004, 11:47 AM
Gonna give this serie a try then

Found the torrent batches

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-29-2004, 12:39 PM
It is so fucking awesome. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Mon, 11-22-2004, 01:16 AM
alright... dvd ripping groups have released up to episde 97

I got mine from #baka-anime

but damnit... episode 97 ends just when the good stuff is gonna start, well it is a new arc but whatever... the fights in the previous episodes were pretty cool...

Now to wait another 3 months or so until the next dvd comes out or something

Foomanchew24
Mon, 11-22-2004, 02:55 AM
I have waited so long to see this series end, i think i have been watching on cartoon network ofr like the last two years. the first time i watched the bastards stopped right before the end of the dark tournament. That really pissed me off the they started all over and stopped at the end of the dark tournament and finally they have gone past that. I don't think cartoon network should start showing a series untill it has been fully subbed it pisses me off when i have to wait fo the next half of a series and it's like a year later. anyways I really like this series, lots of interesting people in it and great fighting. Can't wait to see the last episode 112. I've been waiting forever to see this series. I tried downloading the subbed version but i think it was done by HK bootleg and so the subbing was awfull, couldn't understand half of it, so I anctiously await till each new dvd comes out and someone rips to the net, since it seems most video stores dont carry whole series just usually the movie of the series. anyway its late and i've gone on too long, love ths series, one of my first few.

Munsu
Mon, 11-22-2004, 03:03 AM
you must be looking at wrong places to download... no HK bootlegs where im getting it from...

i recommend #baka-anime or #animehq in rizon to get it

baka-anime has a bot with all of it if you get on now.... b-a|extreme if not mistaken

dont get animx... they used dubtitles instead of translations

Edit: unless you are talking about episodes 98+

Foomanchew24
Mon, 11-22-2004, 03:10 AM
i was talking about from end of dark tournament up to the end, but that was about a year ago. Ive seen all the dubs up to 97 though. I tried the subs from Kaazza about a year ago and the sucked ass so I've been waiting for the dubbed to be realeased slowly but surely.

Munsu
Wed, 11-24-2004, 08:38 PM
so you prefer to watch it dubbed over subbed?

eiither way #animehq and #baka-anime should be good choices to download the series from

now another 3 months of waiting..... blah... this sucks

Foomanchew24
Wed, 11-24-2004, 10:38 PM
i usually prefer subbed but the dubbed that i have watched were much better than the subs. Just my opinion.

Munsu
Wed, 11-24-2004, 11:57 PM
blah i hate the dubs......

you know that those episdes are dual audio and also have subs right? and they are subs from the licensing company which shouldnt be that bad...

Foomanchew24
Thu, 11-25-2004, 12:44 AM
did not know that. That's good to know, Thanks bud

Lefty
Thu, 11-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
blah i hate the dubs......

This is the one instance were I prefere the dub over the orignal voice acting. I hate how everyone sounds in the japanese track.

Munsu
Thu, 11-25-2004, 03:01 PM
i beg to differ... the reason i started watching Yu Yu in the summer was because I started watching the dub in cartoon network and thought it was crap so i never gave it a second chance till i started watching it again this summer....

I just hate Kuwabara's voice it sounds like too much of a retard

Lefty
Thu, 11-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Yeah thats the one I have the biggest problem with. Kuwabara does sound too much like a reatrd on driking binge. The rest of the english cast just seem to work for me. I have the same problem with kenshin, I can't stand the japanese cast.

Munsu
Fri, 11-26-2004, 01:46 AM
i have no problems with the Jap cast in Kenshin... but Kenshin is one of the few that i dont mind watching the dub off... but i would still prefer the jap audio...

My main problem with dubs really has nothing to do with the voices they use... is just the atmosphere they create... dub voices sound too uninterested and dont tend to try and portray the characters personality while japanese VA usually get into their roles and execute the character's personality good enough to keep me interested...

Anyways... ive heard of many people that do like the Yu Yu Hakusho dubs... but as i am biased i will never like dubs over subbed..

Deblas
Fri, 11-26-2004, 05:21 PM
yea, I dont like to hear dubs that much unless ive heard the anime in the dub version first but theyre are some good dubs out there like Cowboy Bebop

Munsu
Wed, 12-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Episodes 98-100 are out by baka-anime and animehq

Edit: These episodes were awesome... especially episode 100.... Hiei is one awesome guy

Munsu
Thu, 02-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Episode 101-103 have been released by animehq and anime-mx

this time is a kurama story....

Munsu
Tue, 08-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Alright I've finally watched up to episode 112... meaning I just finished this series...

All I have to say that this is really one of the best series I've seen... this is how a shounen series should be...

I wish there was more anime, I'm pretty sure that the story continues far from where it ended...

Sadly the manga translations are only up to the Sensui arc, so it will be a while till I can read what follows the anime...

So if you still havent watched this series, get a move on and start downloading...

nests
Tue, 08-16-2005, 01:13 AM
I have always wonder how are the figths in this series are they nice and detailed like the Naruto series or more like like the action you see in other action anime where they just waist time time only to blow them away after that.

Munsu
Tue, 08-16-2005, 01:23 AM
The fights are great if you ask me... some are of what you would call crappy action where they just blow each other with special powers with bad animation... but they do have an extensive good fighting scenes with fast movements and good animation...

But this is a 1992 series, so you can't really compare the level of details to series from today... but if you ask me, the action in this series is great... they don't waste 10 hours talking during the fight (in rare occasions only)

lilphatboi88
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:41 AM
So are there going to be more episodes after 112?

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 02:04 AM
As it stands now, no...

Foomanchew24
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:56 AM
the anime series went past the manga as far as I can remember and the manga writer artist had nothing and wanted nothing to do with it of something like that. The whole tornement in demon world was completly unrelated to the manga. The manga writer artist is the same that does hunter x hunter and he is still working on that as far as I know so there will be no new Yu yu Hakusho. I was glad when I finally completed watching this series three years ofter starting it and was satified with how it ended as well. Overall a very nice anime. Just took way to damn long to finish it.

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-26-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm glad to see some groups still subbing this show! I really enjoyed it when it first came out on Cartoon Network, but I couldn't find time to watch it and never got all the way through. I'm looking forward to starting where I last left off and seeing what the Japanese VA's where like. I do think Kenshin's English VA's were pretty damn good and that Cowboy Bebop's English dub totally kicked ass, but was not very impressed with YYH's English dub.

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Wow... I didn't know that foomanchew...

But I'm impressed that the anime was still so good after going with their original version... Few series are capable of that...

Now I want to read the manga even more, but the freaking scanlations are up to the Sensui arc...

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:51 PM
I watched it on CN and loved it. Though I can't be bothered to find the rest of the series. Could someone fill me in about what happens after the arc they showed on Toonami?

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:01 PM
I never watched the CN version so I wouldn't know...

Just learn to use irc and get yourself to #baka-anime

It should be fairly easy to download... I recently redownloaded all episodes..

Black ops
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm on 93 right now. Must finish downloading and watch them! The dubs are pretty good for the series I think.

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Actually, i first watched it in cartoon network... and it seemed very very dumb... probably because of the dub... I couldn't pass Kuwabara's voice... I'm glad I gave this a second chance years later with the original jap version... it was so much better...

dark maginn
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:38 PM
ya bud i saw it on cn to it was alright

XanBcoo
Sat, 08-27-2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
I never watched the CN version so I wouldn't know...

Just learn to use irc and get yourself to #baka-anime

It should be fairly easy to download... I recently redownloaded all episodes..

I know how to use IRC but I don't use it regularly. I really can't be bothered with downloading teh episodes either.
whatever

lilphatboi88
Sat, 08-27-2005, 04:18 AM
This past summer, or shall I say June July and August, I've finally finished watching the last saga known as The Three Kings. This anime is one of the best ones I know. Is it true that there are more episodes after 112? I really have to find out. This is like rank 2 anime to me right now besides Bleach. Naruto would be 5th or something.

O, scratch wat I said about wanting to know if there are more eps.

And if anybody needs help getting episodes 95-112 I can help in some way. They are all translated by A-S( Anime-Supreme) except 109-112 by Anime-mx.