PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 227

Hotsuma
Fri, 08-20-2004, 11:02 PM
I say he hit a kagebunshin.

Knives122
Sat, 08-21-2004, 12:42 AM
but then why would there be blood(it would of just went poof), I think were about to see the full extent of Narutos kyuubi healing powers, and then the coolest transformation will occur once sasuke finds out that it didnt work i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

But IMO, what naruto said, with him wanting to be like sasuke made all those flashbacks worth it, it all connects now, I feel like im in the Cell Saga of DBZ again where everything changed from what it once was(which was both good and bad), hopefully when this is all over it will bring more good than bad

kenshi
Sat, 08-21-2004, 01:08 AM
i doubt sasuke would waste a chidori on a kagebunshin. he would've gone straight for the real one since sharingan can see through kagebunshin. seems like this fight is not going to end next week.

basey44
Sat, 08-21-2004, 03:01 AM
i say either naruto hit sasuke before he could attack with the chidori(making it sasukes blood) or naruto got hit but he wont care and will just go crazy and beat the crap out of sasuke

Noonan
Sat, 08-21-2004, 03:03 AM
The more this series goes on the more i hope it has a "Reichenbach falls" type ending - the next story arc should be everyone responding to the assumed deaths of both naruto and sasuke.

basey44
Sat, 08-21-2004, 03:07 AM
cant wait for 228, we get it next week as well, no more wait 2 weeks crap

Masamune
Sat, 08-21-2004, 04:02 AM
i thought this chapter was fugging awesome.
the fighting and memories skipping in between,awesome=D.

about the kage bunshin theory , i dont think the bunshins can go kyubi like that.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 08-21-2004, 04:47 AM
A second that. This chapter was completely awesome!! Looks like the series is recasting its spell on me. There's been a shitload of flashbacks in the recent eps, but these were juussst perfect. A testament to how flashbacks should always be (Knives said it first). "How are we friends?!" How indeed... I guess the rasengan vs. chidori question is pretty much answered. In a head on collision, what happens is what was shown to happen, stalemate. I guess the difference is in what happens when the techniques connect. Of course, we can't be sure blah blah, so on and so forth, but we've been given an answer even if it's not the final one.

I speculate that Naruto will not be critically hit by the chidori, and a demonstration of power is going to happen in the next chapter. However, if I'm interpreting the "How are we friends?!" question and the expression on Naruto's face correctly, I'm hard pressed to figure out who's going to win. Seems like Naruto might be willing to leave the stupid "I'll knock some sense into you" plan and go straight to "I'll kill you". If that's the case, then Naruto might just be able to beat Sasuke. But that would still suck for the story. There should be a dramatic fight that looks like it can go either way, with Sasuke winning it, and then leaving. Naruto has to survive in a believable manner. Example of what's NOT believable: "Sasuke uses to chidori to decimate Naruto's colon, but Naruto immediately regenerates thanks to the demon chakra!"

All I know is that this is the single most anticipated point in the series, and they better not fuck it up.

BahamutB
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:42 AM
I hope the most ironic thing happens.. and Naruto rips the sharingan out

EpoC
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:59 AM
holy sh*t!! can it get more exciting than this?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:13 AM
My guess is that Naruto formed a rasengan (or a limited edition of it), and countered Sasuke's chidori, and both of them were hurt from the after blast...
and now that Sasuke used his seconed chidori, he has no choice but to go lvl 2 and become an ugly mutherfucker... and then Naruto will see him and say 'well, i've changed my mind, i don't wanna be ugly as you, so you can go suck Orochimaru's dick now, cya!'

Hakeem_21
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:50 AM
Wow the ending was nice i havent seen Narutos nails growing that much since the fight against Haku,if he is in that crazy mode like he was then i feel sorry for Sasuke-kun.

Now somebody has to stop the fight cause Sasuke level 2 cant stop this much kyubi power!

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 08-21-2004, 07:02 AM
my guess is sasuke either hits naruto or not but then naruto looks him in the eyes with his kyubi eyes and punch the lights out of his eyes, sasuke will have to use his lvl 2 seal because naruto will rip him apart if he goes kyubi

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-21-2004, 07:07 AM
Badass.

Reason
Sat, 08-21-2004, 07:16 AM
My guess is that Naruto grabbed his arm before he hit, and Naruto's hand/arm is bleeding...

Naruto is about to rip Sasuke to pieces...I think Sasuke will still get away though...

If my guess is wrong, I think it will be "Sasuke connects with Naruto, he thinks Naruto is dead, Naruto is just knocked out and sinks into the water and Sasuke gets the new technique, then Naruto wakes up and its too late to stop him." Perhaps Itachi will show up again.

- Reason -

Icelander
Sat, 08-21-2004, 07:35 AM
My guess is that Hinata shows up and will get killed (Happy Terra? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif )

well maybe not but its going to be some kind of a draw and sasuke wont get that technique quite yet, he is for one thing still to slow to go up against his brother so either will he run and Naruto goes back home (mission failed) or Itachi or someone else will show up and interupt the fight

Stoopider
Sat, 08-21-2004, 08:23 AM
I hope THIS would happen.

Naruto grabs sasuke's arm before it punches through Naruto. Then Sasuke looks up and see's Naruto's face. Naruto's crying, but then use his other hand and wipe away his tears, and then grins evilly. Channel up his freaking chakra and scares the shit out of Sasuke, even pushing Sasuke to level 2 just trying to keep up.. Then Naruto Goes full blown Kyuubi, burning Sasuke's hand until he lets go, scaring Sasuke so scared that he remembers the time he was scared in front of Itachi, Sasuke then runs away.

SK
Sat, 08-21-2004, 10:03 AM
man that was off the chain, sasuke is gonna get his ass kicked that little bastard.

jing
Sat, 08-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by: Masamune

about the kage bunshin theory , i dont think the bunshins can go kyubi like that.

Are you forgetting Naruto's 1000 kage bunshins with kyubi chakra against kimimaro? Or did they die too quickly for you to witness i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Masamune
Sat, 08-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by: jing

Originally posted by: Masamune

Are you forgetting Naruto's 1000 kage bunshins with kyubi chakra against kimimaro? Or did they die too quickly for you to witness .

im not talking made by, im talking in kyubi mode.

nails longer, red aura , "whiskers" on face thicken

like at the haku fight.

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by: Icelander
My guess is that Hinata shows up and will get killed (Happy Terra? )

*Drools*

piasEnigma
Sat, 08-21-2004, 12:54 PM
I think we are going to see another haku experience, naruto will go nine tail form, beat the shit out of sasuke, realize what he is doing, and then we'll have sasuke wanting naruto to finshing him because sasuke wasnt powerful enuff to kill naruto so he wont ever be powerful enuff to kill his brother.

hornetmike
Sat, 08-21-2004, 01:08 PM
hell yeah, for another haku experience. i can't wait to have naruto kick that prick's ass. i do like sasuke but he seriously needs another beating to balance him out.

Assertn
Sat, 08-21-2004, 02:12 PM
i think paintpixel is trying to mess with our minds in that ch225_p01special page

the toothbrush is a different color in the mirror than it is in naruto's hand....WTF??!!??

yvliew
Sat, 08-21-2004, 02:27 PM
good catch!! green n red? aaha

JerV
Sat, 08-21-2004, 02:47 PM
I hope we get to see a new stage of Kyubi Naruto when Sasuke goes lvl 2

Mut
Sat, 08-21-2004, 03:47 PM
so... naruto went kyubi and just completely stopped sasuke's chidori with his hands or something. and of course, because naruto is in super kyubi mode (gay) naruto can heal almost instantly and that makes sasuke crank out a lvl 2. then they fight on.

Hotsuma
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Super Kyuubi Naruto mode = GHEY. Anybody that finds this remotely interesting is also GHEY.

It's boring, unoriginal, and stupidly cheap. Same could be said about lvl 2 seal, so if this turns into a "Seal VS Seal" fight, it's gonna be fucking GHEY with no real depth into the fight except..

OOH, KYUUBI X 1000000!!!

OOOOH, Seal X INFINITY!

And so on. Naruto "instantly" healing. Also very ghey. Nobody wants to see anybody heal the moment they're hurt. It removes any sense of danger and creativity in how they overcome the pain.

So, there you have it. Kyuubi is ghey. Seal is ghey. Chidori VS Rasengan is ok. Naruto's kagebunshin tactics VS Sasuke's Sharingan is awesome. But the real question is if Kishimoto is going to put time into the fight ,instead of making it a blatant DBZ rip off with aura and all.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Hotsuma: You should say this in a letter to Kishimoto not to us,he is the one who comes up with this stuff....

Gods_Son
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:52 PM
I hope Naruto died

JusDaMan
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:58 PM
I hope there will be a Naruto spinoff of the ramen owner. HES SO COOL!

Its ORIGINAL!!! and has nothing to do wif Anything!!!!!! therefore some people cant complain about it not being original.

and its a story of the ramen owner striving to be the best ramen business maker of all times! yeaaaa thats more interesting than this boring old sasuke vs naruto

WHO AGREES

piasEnigma
Sat, 08-21-2004, 07:06 PM
/me launches hands in the air *

I DOOOO, I DOOOOOOOOO1!!!

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
I hope there will be a Naruto spinoff of the ramen owner. HES SO COOL!

Its ORIGINAL!!! and has nothing to do wif Anything!!!!!! therefore some people cant complain about it not being original.

and its a story of the ramen owner striving to be the best ramen business maker of all times! yeaaaa thats more interesting than this boring old sasuke vs naruto

WHO AGREES

actually, there's 'addicted to curry' manga... i'm sure it might satisfy your hunger for food making!

oh, and i'm aware that i've put 'sure' and 'might' at the same sentence, i just don't care...

Raven
Sat, 08-21-2004, 09:33 PM
I think the blood is from the kunai they made sure we noticed before. Sasuke may have got stabbed before he could hit with the Chidori.

But then again, the whole super-kyubi-healing-chidori-null-and-void thing is good too.

JusDaMan
Sat, 08-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Does anyone think the kunai was just there? and lets not over think this... the kunai most likely will not be in any part a major point in the whole naruto-sasuke fight. The kunai just signifies the start of the fight.

Just like if anyone saw the naruto anime episode 96 during that flower.... once all 3 leaf fell off there started the fight between all 3 sennins.

RasenDori
Sat, 08-21-2004, 11:12 PM
i agree with you jusDaMan... we should get over that damned kunai

Assertn
Sat, 08-21-2004, 11:24 PM
are you guys talking about the kunai that was sinking underwater when they were running towards each other?

Hotsuma
Sun, 08-22-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by: RasenDori

Me : Hey guys, Sasuke and Naruto are finally fighting each other!
Other people here : Hold it, There's something odd about that KUNAI......

Noonan
Sun, 08-22-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma

Me : Hey guys, Sasuke and Naruto are finally fighting each other!
Other people here : Hold it, There's something odd about that KUNAI......

If Manga fans didn't obsess over every little detial would they still be manga fans?

In other news - Super Kyubi mode = dumb,
Naruto is going into a Berzerker mode - he's faster and more powerful and heals some wounds faster -
But there is no reason to not believe that Curse seal 2 Sasuke wont be able to deal with that somehow.

If the Kyubi just goes supermode in response, I'll be dissapointed - I'm actually hoping that something that only occurs in one of Naruto video games happens. That would be more interesting and lead to a few long term questions being answered.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 08-22-2004, 03:56 AM
Super Kyuubi Naruto mode = GHEY. Anybody that finds this remotely interesting is also GHEY.

It's boring, unoriginal, and stupidly cheap. Same could be said about lvl 2 seal, so if this turns into a "Seal VS Seal" fight, it's gonna be fucking GHEY with no real depth into the fight except..

Agreed, unless Naruto's kyubi mode includes mercelessly killing sasuke and dinning on his corpse, i don't want to see anything like that happening...

cool things that can happen are:
A. Sasuke dying, at any way and\or form.
B. good tactics, fights that don't involve throwing the chidori around.
C. Naruto using his ability to do as many rasengans as he want to scare Sasuke to the point that the little fag wets his pants...

and about the kunai.... it probably has some meanning, it was diffrenet than 'the swan which starts the battle' things, the best thing for it to be is a shadow clone of naruto, who is now stabbing sasuke's hands...

mage
Sun, 08-22-2004, 05:16 AM
PLEASE!!! no more red vs blue chakra fights!

Assertn
Sun, 08-22-2004, 12:39 PM
if you're talking about what i think you're talking about.......then that sounds like you're only referring to the naruto vs neji fight.......in which case.......that was only one fight!

if you're not talking about that.......then you must mean EVERY SINGLE time naruto goes into kyubi mode.....in which case.......naruto has kyubi inside him....so DEAL WITH IT!

Knives122
Sun, 08-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z

Agreed, unless Naruto's kyubi mode includes mercelessly killing sasuke and dinning on his corpse, i don't want to see anything like that happening...

cool things that can happen are:
A. Sasuke dying, at any way and\or form.
B. good tactics, fights that don't involve throwing the chidori around.
C. Naruto using his ability to do as many rasengans as he want to scare Sasuke to the point that the little fag wets his pants...

and about the kunai.... it probably has some meanning, it was diffrenet than 'the swan which starts the battle' things, the best thing for it to be is a shadow clone of naruto, who is now stabbing sasuke's hands...

This isnt Zombie Naruto, but I cant see this fight ending without one or both of them getting impaled by something, maybe that kunai might have something to do with the conclusion of this battle(but I dont think so) guess well just have to wait until next week.

Cryogen
Sun, 08-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Deal with the Kyuubi cheese. It's never going away. I think it's alot cooler to watch fights that don't involve healing abilities too.

PSJ
Sun, 08-22-2004, 04:32 PM
this chapter was alot better when you could read what they said. just cant understnad why naruto wanted to be like sasuke that pisses me off a little i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Icelander
Sun, 08-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
this chapter was alot better when you could read what they said. just cant understnad why naruto wanted to be like sasuke that pisses me off a little

Totally agree with you there.. Who really wants to become like sasuke in any way? hate that guy.. in EVERY way! somone mentioned naruto taking sasukes sharingan out... GO NARUTO! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Knives122
Sun, 08-22-2004, 05:18 PM
I think he meant he wanted to be the center of attention perfect example: when sasuke was doing what ever, and you saw everyone in the back cheering him on, the coverup for Naruto was saying that Sasuke was anything special, but that what Naruto was lying about, he wanted to be just as good as Sasuke was in being a ninja. This chapter, explained that Naruto had finally realized that in truth he wasnt a very good ninja "back then", and that sasuske was in fact better than him(even though everyone said so, he just brushed it aside and didnt pay attention to it) Thats what made this chapter so good, and itll be even better when its animated

Hokage-IV
Sun, 08-22-2004, 06:33 PM
nice Chapter..

Older Naruto indication of time jump?

RasenDori
Sun, 08-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by: Hokage-IV
nice Chapter..

"older naruto"? what are you talking about? was this mentioned somewhere in the chapter....i remeber the preview of the next chapter mentioning the chidori...i dont think they are jumping yet

Lefty
Sun, 08-22-2004, 10:40 PM
Give it like four or five chapters at the earliest. Kishimoto has a few more lose threads to tie up befor a jump. I think around chapter 235-236 the jump might happen.

Sharingan83
Sun, 08-22-2004, 11:02 PM
For the ending of the chapter. I seriously hope with all my heart, that it's not another interruption from Kakashi or any other character. We must all see this fight through to prove that Naruto can keep his word. He's the only survivor of the five (I don't want Shika, Neji, Kiba & Akamaru, or Chouji dead).

Assertn
Sun, 08-22-2004, 11:03 PM
well obviously shika isnt dead
kiba most likely wont die either
neji and chouji on the other hand............

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 08-22-2004, 11:25 PM
There's a lot of people complaining about the kyubi powers Naruto has, but I really don't see the problem. This story's been good in keeping the usage kyubi powers to a minimum, and it's been defeated twice, once by the shark looking guy, and once by kimimaro. Considering how infrequently you see the powers, that's a good indication that it doesn't make Naruto undefeatable. It simply gives him the edge he needs to deal with the bloodline limits (expect for the time he used it against haku, which, I agree was ridiculous, but I enjoyed it just the same). Plus, you can't possibly believe that the way Naruto's using the kyubi chakra now is as "bad" as it's going to get. He's going to learn to control it even better. There's no indication from how the story's developing That Naruto's going to be a cheeze of a character. Other characters are going to mature with him, and it's almost a certainty that there will at least a couple of people that can deal with Naruto's powers...Sasuke being one of them. Stop complaining, cuz you're doing for no good reason.

Hotsuma
Sun, 08-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
There's a lot of people complaining about the kyubi powers Naruto has, but I really don't see the problem. This story's been good in keeping the usage kyubi powers to a minimum, and it's been defeated twice, once by the shark looking guy, and once by kimimaro. Considering how infrequently you see the powers, that's a good indication that it doesn't make Naruto undefeatable. It simply gives him the edge he needs to deal with the bloodline limits (expect for the time he used it against haku, which, I agree was ridiculous, but I enjoyed it just the same). Plus, you can't possibly believe that the way Naruto's using the kyubi chakra now is as "bad" as it's going to get. He's going to learn to control it even better. There's no indication from how the story's developing That Naruto's going to be a cheeze of a character. Other characters are going to mature with him, and it's almost a certainty that there will at least a couple of people that can deal with Naruto's powers...Sasuke being one of them. Stop complaining, cuz you're doing for no good reason.

Uh, no. There's a good reason why the way Naruto uses Kyuubi is stupid and boring. Basically, all he does is use it as a chakra battery. When he runs out, there's that extra jolt of energy he needs to do to continue. And what does he do with it? Make more kagebunshins. If bland bunshin rushdown is to your liking, than that's ok. The rest of us want to see Naruto doing something "cool" with all that extra power. Something creative, I guess you can say. Another way he uses it is just for the sake of "SSJ-like" power up, which I know people can't stand. Also, the way people here are putting Kyuubi's power is simply ridiculous. Each time a new challenge or new power comes up, it's always "NARUTO CAN HEAL INSTANTLY!" As you should know, that's never the case. But people here exagerrate that shit way out of proportion.

Making it quick:

Bad guy is beating down Naruto.
Naruto uses Kyuubi, a seemingly "invincible" power source, and wins.

Don't get me wrong, I love Naruto. He's one of my favorite characters. I like his fighting style of being cunning and crafty. Not to win by sheer brute force. Question is, how much are we going to see Naruto using his own power, before completely relying on Kyuubi's power itself? How much longer before Naruto realizes his trump card?

Hokage-IV
Sun, 08-22-2004, 11:58 PM

Uh, no. There's a good reason why the way Naruto uses Kyuubi is stupid and boring. Basically, all he does is use it as a chakra battery. When he runs out, there's that extra jolt of energy he needs to do to continue. And what does he do with it? Make more kagebunshins. If bland bunshin rushdown is to your liking, than that's ok. The rest of us want to see Naruto doing something "cool" with all that extra power. Something creative, I guess you can say. Another way he uses it is just for the sake of "SSJ-like" power up, which I know people can't stand. Also, the way people here are putting Kyuubi's power is simply ridiculous. Each time a new challenge or new power comes up, it's always "NARUTO CAN HEAL INSTANTLY!" As you should know, that's never the case. But people here exagerrate that shit way out of proportion.

Making it quick:

Bad guy is beating down Naruto.
Naruto uses Kyuubi, a seemingly "invincible" power source, and wins.

Don't get me wrong, I love Naruto. He's one of my favorite characters. I like his fighting style of being cunning and crafty. Not to win by sheer brute force. Question is, how much are we going to see Naruto using his own power, before completely relying on Kyuubi's power itself? How much longer before Naruto realizes his trump card?

kyubi is part of Naruto... kakashi relies on his best friends sharingan... Sasuke relies on his sharingan.. and his curse seal..... Gaara relies on his demon.... so forth...

Hokage-IV
Mon, 08-23-2004, 12:02 AM

nice Chapter..

"older naruto"? what are you talking about? was this mentioned somewhere in the chapter....i remeber the preview of the next chapter mentioning the chidori...i dont think they are jumping yet

there is a colored pic of Naruto couple yrs older in the beginning of the chapter... it was surprising to me... cuz it was the first time they drew older Naruto..

when can Oro exchange his body again?

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 08-23-2004, 12:13 AM
How many kyubi powered bunshin rundowns did you see so far? Me, one (not counting that godawful special). It was beaten. Using the kyubi chakra as a "chakra battery" is as valid a technique as any other. If the anime was like dbz in the sense that the "chakra battery" is all he ever did, then I'd understand the complaints. But Naruto is not like that. They use that sparingly, and only once did it win him a fight (Haku). Against Neiji, all it did was give him a shot at the victory. His trickiness and carelessness cause Naruto to win that fight. Against the shark guy that travels with itachi, it did nothing. Against Kimimaro, it did next to nothing, AND he combined it with the kage bunshin that time (only time in the story that I can think of as well). As of right now, his kyubi chakra is more of technique than it is an almighty cheeze, especially considering the trouble he had to go through to be able to use it at will (almost cost him his life, remember?)

Kage bunshins...until Naruto learned the rasengan, he really didn't have any other viable techniques for a fight of the magnitude he's fighting right now. I don't think he can summon any of the smaller frogs (I could be wrong). Maybe he needs more training to call upon the summon of his choosing. As a result of this, kagebunshin rundown is what you're going to get. But again, Naruto's always been able to make it interesting. So, I don't see any complaints there either.

About how long is Naruto going to rely on his own power before using relying on kyubi chakra entirely? No one knows. But, I have complete faith in the story (as I've said many times in as many different ways) that Naruto will NEVER completely rely on the kyubi chakra. The story is simply not taking that direction. They're putting too much emphasis on qualities like cunningness, perserverance, and talent, to go and fuck it up by making the main character a DBZ character. Naruto learning the rasengan, a technique which emphasized extreme control combined with extreme power, convinces me of that. Kyubi had nothing to do with it.

jing
Mon, 08-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Damn right.

Mut
Mon, 08-23-2004, 03:41 AM
whatever, naruto is gay.

musashiken
Mon, 08-23-2004, 04:01 AM
Who cares about Naruto or Sasuke? I want Shikamaru!!!! Shikamaru RULEZ!!

xtort
Mon, 08-23-2004, 04:14 AM
Uchiha Barles, thanks for a concise reply. It's rare that any post on these forums doesn't include the words "gay" or its silly 'net substitute for kids: "ghey". I really don't like it when Kishimoto makes Naruto do dumb things, and I think there are separations between how Naruto acts in a fight which make him either a smart fighter or a dumb one. Typically, he has only those two modes, and whichever mode Kishimoto chooses will decide the fight generally.

In the Haku fight, for example, he was acting stupid. He runs into the fight, and both he and Sasuke get their asses handed back to them because of it. Once he gets smart, and uses the power he had lying latent, his character and fighting demeanor changed entirely. Another example was the Kimimaro fight. He had all his power harnessed, but what did he do with it? Rush in like a newbie. It was obvious from the get-go of the fight, when we saw Naruto rushing in like a tool, how the fight was going to end. Is that because Kimimaro is stronger? Nope. It's simply because Kishimoto made Naruto do stupid stuff.

I think what I don't like about Naruto's characters and his abilities are how Kishimoto uses them. Often, he'll craft something so funny or intelligent that I'm amazed. I think "great story!" and keep waiting for more. Then I'm surprised by a silly use of Naruto's character which is not consistent at all with the character we've been shown. Given what we know about Naruto, the Kimimaro fight should have been impossible, but we needed to have how strong Kimimaro was, and Gaara was, and thus Naruto was made to act stupid. I think there are a LOT of better ways that it could have been handled, and most likely, a Kyuubi-ized Naruto could have had a perfect fight with Kimimaro one-on-one, or possibly with a Gaara linkup.

Regardless, when Naruto does the stupid thing and relies on his power without thought or skilled use of the power, he loses. Bitch about it all you want, it's like Kimimaro's power, or Gaara's power. Are you going to say "awww, that lame whore. Can't he just NOT use the sand for ONE fight?!" Silly.

-xtortout

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 08-23-2004, 04:27 AM
There's absolutely no way in hell Naruto was going to beat kimimaro in a taijutsu fight. Take a look at what happened when gaara showed up, and pay close attention, if you don't believe me. Naruto was purely unable to handle him. If, by some act of god naruto were to win, it would be through some super trickery as always. Naruto acting "dumb" isn't really something to get mad it. It's who he is. He always rushes in to test the opponent first hand cuz he's usually not smart enough to figure what the opponent's about by observation alone. Every fight I can think of involved Naruto taking a massive ass beating before he figured out a plan. That's just who he is...for now anyway. If the fight between the two had continued, Naruto might have came out on top, but ONLY because kimimaro was on the verge of death anyway. Hell, even the combined forces of gaara and rock lee almost caught it. They got lucky. But yeah. I do agree about the kyubi power thing. At the level Naruto's able to use it now, it's not as invincible as everyone is saying it is, and thus, not as cheezy either. Too much whining.

viciousHyuuga
Mon, 08-23-2004, 04:41 AM
they chould be pictures of younger fourth. *Laughs*

i like the picture of kakashi sleeping with the frames, looks kool =)

kAi
Mon, 08-23-2004, 04:50 AM
well this was a good chapter anyways...

im wondering if and where this chidori has hit naruto...to me most likely around the right hand side of his torso...or even possibly he went inbetween his arm and chest and scraped his skin sending that blood you see on the last page...
making naruto not rely heavily on healing during the battle.
and it also makes some people happy naruto not being impaled and being healed instantaneously by kyubi...

well all shall be revealed next chapter...hopefully

NOW FOR CHAPTER 228!!! SPOILER!! not really

or could it be sasuke's blood after naruto using his claws to slash his throat, leaving sasuke dead and grabing his head for the way back to konoha..
he didnt say he would bring him back in one piece did he? lolz

Hokage-IV
Mon, 08-23-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by: xtort
Uchiha Barles, thanks for a concise reply. It's rare that any post on these forums doesn't include the words "gay" or its silly 'net substitute for kids: "ghey". I really don't like it when Kishimoto makes Naruto do dumb things, and I think there are separations between how Naruto acts in a fight which make him either a smart fighter or a dumb one. Typically, he has only those two modes, and whichever mode Kishimoto chooses will decide the fight generally.

In the Haku fight, for example, he was acting stupid. He runs into the fight, and both he and Sasuke get their asses handed back to them because of it. Once he gets smart, and uses the power he had lying latent, his character and fighting demeanor changed entirely. Another example was the Kimimaro fight. He had all his power harnessed, but what did he do with it? Rush in like a newbie. It was obvious from the get-go of the fight, when we saw Naruto rushing in like a tool, how the fight was going to end. Is that because Kimimaro is stronger? Nope. It's simply because Kishimoto made Naruto do stupid stuff.

I think what I don't like about Naruto's characters and his abilities are how Kishimoto uses them. Often, he'll craft something so funny or intelligent that I'm amazed. I think "great story!" and keep waiting for more. Then I'm surprised by a silly use of Naruto's character which is not consistent at all with the character we've been shown. Given what we know about Naruto, the Kimimaro fight should have been impossible, but we needed to have how strong Kimimaro was, and Gaara was, and thus Naruto was made to act stupid. I think there are a LOT of better ways that it could have been handled, and most likely, a Kyuubi-ized Naruto could have had a perfect fight with Kimimaro one-on-one, or possibly with a Gaara linkup.

Regardless, when Naruto does the stupid thing and relies on his power without thought or skilled use of the power, he loses. Bitch about it all you want, it's like Kimimaro's power, or Gaara's power. Are you going to say "awww, that lame whore. Can't he just NOT use the sand for ONE fight?!" Silly.

-xtortout

For main character its basically ,there is no smart or clever unless there is dumb and stupid mistakes.. specially when you start a series when the main character is young and naive.
Main characters are not suppose to be another Sasuke. They are suppose to be funny, careless and makes stupid mistakes..and when critical situations occurs he arises and overcomes adversity. It is a way to connect with its viewers and get to see his growth more indepth and build more suspense.Otherwise it would be....Im a main character , i know how to figure out and use the best tactic in every battle from the getgo..... Hopefully when there is a time jump, naruto being more experienced and harnessed more jutsus we ge to see more of that. It will be justified cuz we saw his character being developed and finally we get to see the results.

i understand what your saying.. sometimes kishimoto couldve done better in certain situations... But I think there is a pretty good balance of comedy and drama right now .

Mut
Mon, 08-23-2004, 01:43 PM
In the Haku fight, for example, he was acting stupid. He runs into the fight, and both he and Sasuke get their asses handed back to them because of it. Once he gets smart, and uses the power he had lying latent, his character and fighting demeanor changed entirely.
naruto didn't get 'smart' and use the kyubi chakra... it exploded within him. naruto didn't do anything on purpose since he didn't know how to use the kyubi chakra. naruto just got angry.

Another example was the Kimimaro fight. He had all his power harnessed, but what did he do with it? Rush in like a newbie. It was obvious from the get-go of the fight, when we saw Naruto rushing in like a tool, how the fight was going to end. Is that because Kimimaro is stronger? Nope. It's simply because Kishimoto made Naruto do stupid stuff.
that is possibly the most incorrect statement ever made on this forum. naruto had zero chance against kimimaro and even gaara AND rock lee would've lost if it weren't for kimimaro's illness. kimimaro was just a superior fighter that none of the gennins (and shikamaru) could beat. i'm glad kimimaro wasn't beaten by any of those guys. when you talk about naruto thinking of a strategy to fight cleverly while in kyubi mode, it's almost a contradiction since when naruto is in full kyubi mode like how he was against kimimaro, naruto can't think clearly enough to be cunning because he is consumed in anger. there is no other way for naruto fight while in full kyubi mode like that. have naruto fought cleverly while using some of his kyubi chakra? yes, but never when he went all out.

-xtortout
i think this is the reason why so many people think that using kyubi chakra is lame while when gaara uses sand it's not. the kyubi chakra can do just so much more than what any other natural ability can (including curse seals). it is such a huge advantage in a fight that no other techniques or fighting styles can really match up to it.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 08-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
this chapter was alot better when you could read what they said. just cant understnad why naruto wanted to be like sasuke that pisses me off a little

I dont think Naruto want to be the jerk Sasuke is now,he wanted the one who is a genius,was best in the acadamy,from a famous clan and everything. Its not strange to want to be like when you are considred as a loser,a monster.

I liked when Naruto thought "you wanna kill me?"

Kishimoto is annoying as hell when its about making thins too long,everything fight has to be 10+ chapters.

Assertn
Mon, 08-23-2004, 06:11 PM
nah man......he was jealous of sasuke.......because everyone admired sasuke
sasuke had like, everyone's attention

also to add more to mutata's point about how kyubi naruto's fighting style is SUPPOSED to be distinctly raged aggression.......

keep in mind that this is the reason why jiraiya was trying to teach naruto to control his kyubi powers. Sure kyubi naruto is a crazy beast with healing and mad power, but you can only get so far with that kind of ability. In his fight against Neji, Naruto was able to use the kyubi's powers in a totally different manner. He wasnt at all enraged, and he was able to trick Neji with a bunshin as well.
The idea is, that Naruto w/ red chakra = good, but Naruto w/ red chakra + kyubi eyes = bad

jing
Mon, 08-23-2004, 06:44 PM
I think you've got it there.

Hokage-IV
Mon, 08-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
[

that is possibly the most incorrect statement ever made on this forum. naruto had zero chance against kimimaro and even gaara AND rock lee would've lost if it weren't for kimimaro's illness. kimimaro was just a superior fighter that none of the gennins (and shikamaru) could beat. i'm glad kimimaro wasn't beaten by any of those guys. when you talk about naruto thinking of a strategy to fight cleverly while in kyubi mode, it's almost a contradiction since when naruto is in full kyubi mode like how he was against kimimaro, naruto can't think clearly enough to be cunning because he is consumed in anger. there is no other way for naruto fight while in full kyubi mode like that. have naruto fought cleverly while using some of his kyubi chakra? yes, but never when he went all out.[/quote]

That is possibly the most incorrect statement ever made on this forum. Naruto had zero chance? where do you get that? No, your onpinions doesnt mean its a fact. Kabuto > Kimmaro?..

[/quote]i think this is the reason why so many people think that using kyubi chakra is lame while when gaara uses sand it's not. the kyubi chakra can do just so much more than what any other natural ability can (including curse seals). it is such a huge advantage in a fight that no other techniques or fighting styles can really match up to it.[/quote]

umm.......What can Kyubi chakra can do more than any other natural ability other than healing? Im curious to know what your are talking about.

RasenDori
Mon, 08-23-2004, 07:56 PM
you mean the cover page? cause if so ... he doesnt look any older to me

or perhaps you mean the fan colored page that was the cover the chapter 96...that was done a loooooong time ago.

Mut
Mon, 08-23-2004, 08:50 PM

that is possibly the most incorrect statement ever made on this forum. naruto had zero chance against kimimaro and even gaara AND rock lee would've lost if it weren't for kimimaro's illness. kimimaro was just a superior fighter that none of the gennins (and shikamaru) could beat. i'm glad kimimaro wasn't beaten by any of those guys. when you talk about naruto thinking of a strategy to fight cleverly while in kyubi mode, it's almost a contradiction since when naruto is in full kyubi mode like how he was against kimimaro, naruto can't think clearly enough to be cunning because he is consumed in anger. there is no other way for naruto fight while in full kyubi mode like that. have naruto fought cleverly while using some of his kyubi chakra? yes, but never when he went all out.

That is possibly the most incorrect statement ever made on this forum. Naruto had zero chance? where do you get that? No, your onpinions doesnt mean its a fact. Kabuto > Kimmaro?..

i think this is the reason why so many people think that using kyubi chakra is lame while when gaara uses sand it's not. the kyubi chakra can do just so much more than what any other natural ability can (including curse seals). it is such a huge advantage in a fight that no other techniques or fighting styles can really match up to it.

umm.......What can Kyubi chakra can do more than any other natural ability other than healing? Im curious to know what your are talking about.

wow, learn how to quote. i had to fix a lot of crap.

first, i don't say incorrect things. if i didn't know what i was talking about, i wouldn't post it. anyway, zero chance was an exaggeration (since everyone has some chance of winning in any fight, even if the chance is VERY slim), so i'll go with: almost no chance. the reason for kimimaro dying from the illness instead of getting beaten by the genins is to show how strong he really was. there would be no point to have a character who could be defeated be beaten by someone/something other than the oponent. if gaara AND lee could not defeat kimimaro, what makes you think that naruto alone will be able to? just cuz he is the main character? of course not. there are reasons why certain times when naruto faces strong opponents the opponents either retreat or naruto moves on. it's cuz naruto can't beat them. it'd be dumb to have naruto fight a battle he can't win at all considering he is the main protagonist. ok, moving on, as you saw in the fight against gaara, kimimaro is practically uneffected by gaara's powerful ninjutsu and as you saw in the fight against lee, kimimaro impervious to all taijutsu. that leaves... genjutsu; naruto's prime skill. so... you care to explain how naruto could have had a chance of winning against kimimaro?

and i don't know about kabuto vs kimimaro, it's a toss up.

second, besides the healing the kyubi chakra can increase your stamina, agility, speed, reaction time, reflexes, strength and most importantly it gives you unlimited chakra capacity... i thought it was obvious but i guess it was pretty hard to figure after 227 chapters.

Assertn
Mon, 08-23-2004, 10:14 PM
blah vs blah fight discussions are stupid.......
because there are so many factors involved that you can never KNOW who would win in a fight. Naruto beating kabuto is proof of that. Who's stronger between kabuto and kimimaro? well since kabuto is oro's right hand man, i'd assume he's the strongest guy next to oro in the entire sound village. But the reason for kabuto being as strong as he is isnt because of crazy bloodlines or sheer power like kimimaro might have. It's his cunning and tactical abilities that make him so powerful. If you manage to catch a tactical person offguard, then they are usually at more of a disadvantage than if you caught a strength-based person offguard. The only reason kabuto was hit was because he was caught off guard......even WHEN he was hit, he still thought he had the upper hand.

And keep in mind, that just because naruto beat kabuto, doesnt mean that all of a sudden now he can beat ANYONE that has kakashi's strength or lower.

Hokage-IV
Mon, 08-23-2004, 10:27 PM

wow, learn how to quote. i had to fix a lot of crap.

first, i don't say incorrect things. if i didn't know what i was talking about, i wouldn't post it. anyway, zero chance was an exaggeration (since everyone has some chance of winning in any fight, even if the chance is VERY slim), so i'll go with: almost no chance. the reason for kimimaro dying from the illness instead of getting beaten by the genins is to show how strong he really was. there would be no point to have a character who could be defeated be beaten by someone/something other than the oponent. if gaara AND lee could not defeat kimimaro, what makes you think that naruto alone will be able to? just cuz he is the main character? of course not. there are reasons why certain times when naruto faces strong opponents the opponents either retreat or naruto moves on. it's cuz naruto can't beat them. it'd be dumb to have naruto fight a battle he can't win at all considering he is the main protagonist. ok, moving on, as you saw in the fight against gaara, kimimaro is practically uneffected by gaara's powerful ninjutsu and as you saw in the fight against lee, kimimaro impervious to all taijutsu. that leaves... genjutsu; naruto's prime skill. so... you care to explain how naruto could have had a chance of winning against kimimaro?

and i don't know about kabuto vs kimimaro, it's a toss up.

second, besides the healing the kyubi chakra can increase your stamina, agility, speed, reaction time, reflexes, strength and most importantly it gives you unlimited chakra capacity... i thought it was obvious but i guess it was pretty hard to figure after 227 chapters.

what makes me think that naruto has a chance? cuz he beat Gaara and Neji in the same day.. and tied with kabuto , orochimaru's right hand man......I dont know if Naruto can beat Kimmaro.. you dont either... but zero chance and almost no chance? where do you get that?

Gaaras ninjutus and Lees Taijutsu and that only leaves genjutsu?lol Gaara and Lee is only 2char... it doesnt mean he isnt effected by ninjutsu or any taijutsu.. I would like to see what neji's taijutsu does against kimmaro..... kimmaro died from an Illness..guess hes not immune from internal damages.
Ninjutsu? I would like to see what Rasengan does to him..

stamina,agility,speed,reaction time, reflexes,stregnth ,, yep thats what chakra can do for you....

kyubi is part of Naruto..

Mut
Mon, 08-23-2004, 11:02 PM
what makes me think that naruto has a chance? cuz he beat Gaara and Neji in the same day.. and tied with kabuto , orochimaru's right hand man......I dont know if Naruto can beat Kimmaro.. you dont either... but zero chance and almost no chance? where do you get that?

Gaaras ninjutus and Lees Taijutsu and that only leaves genjutsu?lol Gaara and Lee is only 2char... it doesnt mean he isnt effected by ninjutsu or any taijutsu.. I would like to see what neji's taijutsu does against kimmaro..... kimmaro died from an Illness..guess hes not immune from internal damages.
Ninjutsu? I would like to see what Rasengan does to him..

stamina,agility,speed,reaction time, reflexes,stregnth ,, yep thats what chakra can do for you....

kyubi is part of Naruto..

what do you mean 'where do i get that?' did you just skip what i wrote? i explained how naruto's style of fighting is basically useless against kimimaro step by step. should i write it again?

and thanks for proving my point. neji's style of fighting is probably best fit for someone like kimimaro because of what we've seen against kidoumaru and guess what? naruto isn't neji and can't fight like him so that eliminates a very good method of dealing with kimimaro and his abilities. and as for the rasengan i like to see naruto catch him... naruto tried to land a punch with all those clones and didn't hit kimimaro once. how funny.

and yeah, duh, kyubi is part of naruto. what are you trying to say about that?

Hokage-IV
Mon, 08-23-2004, 11:30 PM

what do you mean 'where do i get that?' did you just skip what i wrote? i explained how naruto's style of fighting is basically useless against kimimaro step by step. should i write it again?

yes,point to me whereyou wrote that explained Naruto's style is basically useless against kimmaro "step by step"

[/quote]and thanks for proving my point. neji's style of fighting is probably best fit for someone like kimimaro because of what we've seen against kidoumaru and guess what? naruto isn't neji and can't fight like him so that eliminates a very good method of dealing with kimimaro and his abilities. and as for the rasengan i like to see naruto catch him... naruto tried to land a punch with all those clones and didn't hit kimimaro once. how funny.[/quote]

you asked me and your argument was at that TIME, "if gaara AND lee could not defeat kimimaro, what makes you think that naruto alone will be able to?" and I said... Naruto beat Neji and Gaara. Then you said "thanks for proving my point. Neji's style of fighting is probably best fit for someone like Kimmaro" ....................

And i mention Neji's Taijutsu becasue you said .. "kimimaro impervious to all taijutsu. that leaves only Genjutsu" .............

Thanks for proving my point...you don't know what your talking about...

[/quote]and yeah, duh, kyubi is part of naruto. what are you trying to say about that?[/quote]

you sure you know Kyubi is part of Naruto?

[/quote] and as for the rasengan i like to see naruto catch him... naruto tried to land a punch with all those clones and didn't hit kimimaro once. how funny.[/quote]

diidnt that happened when Naruto fought Kabuto...... eventually kunai pierced thru his hand and was able to hold him and hit with Rasegen... funny is right, how ironic this sounds..

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 12:58 AM
yes,point to me whereyou wrote that explained Naruto's style is basically useless against kimmaro "step by step"

you're retarded. i've copy/pasted the exact quote except that i listed it in numerical steps:

ok, moving on,
1. as you saw in the fight against gaara, kimimaro is practically uneffected by gaara's powerful ninjutsu and
2. as you saw in the fight against lee, kimimaro impervious to all taijutsu.
3. that leaves... genjutsu; naruto's prime skill

is THAT clear enough for you?

you asked me and your argument was at that TIME, "if gaara AND lee could not defeat kimimaro, what makes you think that naruto alone will be able to?" and I said... Naruto beat Neji and Gaara. Then you said "thanks for proving my point. Neji's style of fighting is probably best fit for someone like Kimmaro" ....................

And i mention Neji's Taijutsu becasue you said .. "kimimaro impervious to all taijutsu. that leaves only Genjutsu" .............

oh WOW... lol, you're trying to imply the rock, paper, scissors theory. it's proven that dumb theory doesn't work, stupid. i will end my response here...

what the hell is this? a trick question? of course i'm sure that kyubi is part of naruto. you said it yourself too.

diidnt that happened when Naruto fought Kabuto...... eventually kunai pierced thru his hand and was able to hold him and hit with Rasegen... funny is right, how ironic this sounds..

kabuto and kimimaro are two completely different characters if naruto couldn't hit kimimaro ONCE with all those clones, i doubt that he can hit him with with a slow ass rasengan.

EDIT: i'm only being an asshole cuz this guy refuses to quote properly and it's annoying.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 08-24-2004, 12:59 AM
I've gotta agree with mut@t@ on the naruto beating kimimaro thing. First thing that bothers me about your argument as to why naruto would stand a fair chance against him, is that you said naruto beat kabuto. I didn't see the anime, but in the manga, naruto did NOT beat kabuto. He was saved on several occasions in that fight, and finally, got a move off. Mind you, Kabuto had to deal with Tsunade as well. In a one on one fight, Naruto would last all of 15 seconds against Kabuto, and that's only if kabuto were blind folded with both hand tied behind his back and getting a hand job from tsunade (perhaps a slight exaggeration...)

To figure out why Naruto can't take kimimaro (let it be clear this is my opinion, I generally don't feel the need to state that, but I'll do it here...) you just need to take a look at the fight. Like Mut@t@ pretty much said, Naruto is simply not equipped to beat him with his current skill level and the techniques he knows. Every technique naruto knows involves physical attacks (which kimimaro scoffs at). The only technique that Naruto knows that can harm (and I do believe even kill) kimimaro is the rasengan, but that fight they had shows that he'll likely never connect, or won't have the time to come up with a plan to make it connect, because kimimaro is so vastly superior that the fight shouldn't take long enough for that to happen.

Neiji beating kimimaro? maybe. I can't say, but he certainly is better equipped to fight him, as both you and Mut@t@ pointed out.

xtort
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:51 AM
Naruto stood a chance against Kimimaro because of one HUGE reason that gimpocks like Mutata (Dazz, gg) like to forget: While Sasuke with his sharingan could BARELY see Haku whilst in his mirrors of super frigid death on a platter, Naruto was able (given Kyuubi's abilities) not only to see him, but to catch him.

Dazz (a la Mutata) says: "That is possibly the most incorrect statement ever made on this forum." I'll correct you here: The most incorrect statement ever made on this forum was in your sig a while back, something to the effect that you were never wrong. Your whole premise here is pawning your silly opinions as fact (to give you an ego boost), while other people are trying to have fun discussing things. How about this, head to a shrink, get some Effexor and/or Prozac for your social anxiety, and smoke something to pull that rod out of your colon.

There were three premises that Dazz purported as truths. Here they are:
1. as you saw in the fight against gaara, kimimaro is practically uneffected by gaara's powerful ninjutsu and

1 is moderately correct. I doubt being forced to tear your body apart to beat someone would be called "uneffected". Nor is making a person pull out trump card after trump card to face you. Kimimaro is the same kind of character that Gaara is: the dark person that has way more power than they should. I'm not sure what'd happen if Shukaku stood on top of the forest of razor sharp needles, but I can be sure he wouldn't be happy.

2 is definitely INCORRECT, and as a statement stands (probably just beyond my own "ludicrous" statement) as the most incorrect statement on these forums. (Or maybe that's "Itachi is my idol!!!!") Let's see here... the fights in this story keep getting harder. People who previously seemed impervious (Gaara, anyone?) then are found not to be (Hyuga, anyone?). But yet, since it's written that Naruto (when acting like a giant TURD), Lee (just freshly out of the hospital), and Gaara (whom both of the prior two had "beaten" shortly beforehand) cannot beat Kimimaro, he's "impervious to all taijutsu." Maybe you should rethink that statement.

Let's put this into simple terms. Lee gets beaten by Gaara. Gaara gets beaten by Naruto. Naruto gets beaten by Kimimaro. THUS *TADA!!!!* Kimimaro is impervious to all Taijutsu. ?!?!

Now, I'm in agreement that Naruto is a dork, and would NOT be able to beat Kimimaro, given the context of the story and the particulars of the story arc , but your assholish tone and the bullshit you pedal as truth have got to go. Or maybe this post will be moderated. Hell, it's happened before, and I don't really care if it happens now.

-xtortout

Assertn
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:11 AM
3 cant be correct
the only genjutsu that naruto EVER uses is henge......and i'd hardly call that his prime skill
for naruto, it'd have to be taijutsu.....after all, what does he do with 100 clones after he makes them? charge the enemy with lots of fists

Kimimaro isnt impervious to taijutsu, as we saw with lee's drunken fist. If the effects of an entire bottle of sake hadnt worn off in a matter of minutes (wtf?), then kimi couldve been in trouble. Although in his final form, i'd imagine it would be hard for ANYONE to use taijutsu on him with spikes everywhere.....but all in all, we never saw any true weakness in kimi, since the only way he died was from the disease.....therefore we could never really say what truly wouldve worked on him.

however i'd still like to see how naruto couldve possibly beaten him in this situation. Even if person A > person B > person C, its still possible for person A to have no way of beating person C

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:32 AM
xtort, you hate me. a lot. but i'm glad you're one of the few people who still remember me as dazzz.

Naruto stood a chance against Kimimaro because of one HUGE reason that gimpocks like Mutata (Dazz, gg) like to forget: While Sasuke with his sharingan could BARELY see Haku whilst in his mirrors of super frigid death on a platter, Naruto was able (given Kyuubi's abilities) not only to see him, but to catch him.
because you said gg, i'm guessing that you play cs or some hl mod. anyway. gg yourself, sasuke did see haku flying around (barely) but could not catch him like naruto. gee i wonder why? maybe it's cuz sasuke's sharingan was a piece of garbage back then. we know it was crappy because he was beaten by rock lee too. i don't know if rock lee was faster than haku or not but now we know that sasuke can see his moves. ok so, basically what i'm trying to say that is... haku wasn't that fast. he seriously wasn't. i don't know what the hell zabuza was talking about but haku wasn't the speed demon he and everyone else on the forums made it out to be. in conclusion, naruto seeing and catching haku isn't that big of an accomplishment.

Dazz (a la Mutata) says: "That is possibly the most incorrect statement ever made on this forum." I'll correct you here: The most incorrect statement ever made on this forum was in your sig a while back, something to the effect that you were never wrong. Your whole premise here is pawning your silly opinions as fact (to give you an ego boost), while other people are trying to have fun discussing things. How about this, head to a shrink, get some Effexor and/or Prozac for your social anxiety, and smoke something to pull that rod out of your colon.
no.

There were three premises that Dazz purported as truths. Here they are:

1 is moderately correct. I doubt being forced to tear your body apart to beat someone would be called "uneffected". Nor is making a person pull out trump card after trump card to face you. Kimimaro is the same kind of character that Gaara is: the dark person that has way more power than they should. I'm not sure what'd happen if Shukaku stood on top of the forest of razor sharp needles, but I can be sure he wouldn't be happy.
i don't understand where kimimaro was forced to tear his body apart. kimimaro pulling out his bones and skin getting ripped does absolutely no harm to him.

2 is definitely INCORRECT, and as a statement stands (probably just beyond my own "ludicrous" statement) as the most incorrect statement on these forums. (Or maybe that's "Itachi is my idol!!!!") Let's see here... the fights in this story keep getting harder. People who previously seemed impervious (Gaara, anyone?) then are found not to be (Hyuga, anyone?). But yet, since it's written that Naruto (when acting like a giant TURD), Lee (just freshly out of the hospital), and Gaara (whom both of the prior two had "beaten" shortly beforehand) cannot beat Kimimaro, he's "impervious to all taijutsu." Maybe you should rethink that statement.
i have no idea what you're trying to say here. but i'll reply to it anyway. it might not be the correct response but whatever. impervious to all taijutsu is a bit off. but it was more like "an impenetrable skeletonal frame which can resist any type of physical attack." so, yeah.

Let's put this into simple terms. Lee gets beaten by Gaara. Gaara gets beaten by Naruto. Naruto gets beaten by Kimimaro. THUS *TADA!!!!* Kimimaro is impervious to all Taijutsu. ?!?!

Now, I'm in agreement that Naruto is a dork, and would NOT be able to beat Kimimaro, given the context of the story and the particulars of the story arc , but your assholish tone and the bullshit you pedal as truth have got to go. Or maybe this post will be moderated. Hell, it's happened before, and I don't really care if it happens now.

-xtortout
this part is just dumb. i won't bother responding to this.

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
3 cant be correct
the only genjutsu that naruto EVER uses is henge......and i'd hardly call that his prime skill
for naruto, it'd have to be taijutsu.....after all, what does he do with 100 clones after he makes them? charge the enemy with lots of fists
i was being sarcastic on the part where i said naruto's prime skill is genjutsu. =/

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:37 AM

you're retarded. i've copy/pasted the exact quote except that i listed it in numerical steps:

ok, moving on,

is THAT clear enough for you?

oh WOW... lol, you're trying to imply the rock, paper, scissors theory. it's proven that dumb theory doesn't work, stupid. i will end my response here...

what the hell is this? a trick question? of course i'm sure that kyubi is part of naruto. you said it yourself too.

kabuto and kimimaro are two completely different characters if naruto couldn't hit kimimaro ONCE with all those clones, i doubt that he can hit him with with a slow ass rasengan.

EDIT: i'm only being an asshole cuz this guy refuses to quote properly and it's annoying.

Calm down,... dont need to use such harsh words.. just correct me if im wrong..

Thnx for ur "step by step" explanation.. i assume ur trying to salvage anything you can at this point? cuz it seems ur steps are contradicting your statements..

[/quote] i explained how naruto's style of fighting is basically useless against kimimaro step by step. should i write it again?[/quote]

This is "Naruto's Style of fighting is basically useless against kimmaro "step by step" ?

[/quote]ok, moving on,
3. that leaves... genjutsu; naruto's prime skill[/quote]

Gaara and Lee? , i thought you were going to point out where you wrote Naruto fighting style is basically useless against Kimmaro... it seems your mentiong Gaara and lee's fighting style.. but correct me if im wrong...

[/quote]oh WOW... lol, you're trying to imply the rock, paper, scissors theory. it's proven that dumb theory doesn't work, stupid. i will end my response here...[/quote]

Im glad that you ended your respones there... its not looking too good. "Its proven that dumb theory doesnt work , Stupid?" then you go say" thanks for proving my point. Neji's style of fighting is probably best fit for someone like Kimmaro"

which one is it?........

[/quote]kabuto and kimimaro are two completely different characters if naruto couldn't hit kimimaro ONCE with all those clones, i doubt that he can hit him with with a slow ass rasengan.[/quote]

You said Rock , Paper and scissor doesnt work.. stupid... but your right, I doubht that he can hit him with a slow ass rasengan.. but we're not talking about doubt... we're talking about "zero chance"

[/quote]EDIT: i'm only being an asshole cuz this guy refuses to quote properly and it's annoying. [/quote]

edit: Im only doing copy and paste.......

Try to grasp what the argument is about... You said Naruto has "Zero Chance" and my argument is... where do you get that? and I gave you examples to counter that argument.. Do i think Naruto can beat Kimmaro..probably not... but Zero Chance is your opnion and not a fact.. and you try to inforce it as a fact when you go insult ppl "that is possibly the most incorrect statement ever made on this forum. naruto had zero chance against kimimaro and even gaara AND rock lee would've lost if it weren't for kimimaro's illness."

Assertn
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:43 AM
lol.....
well actually i believe when haku uses the ice mirrors, he's supposed to be able to travel at the same speed as the light that reflects off the mirrors......aka close to the speed of light......at least from what i recall....this is the whole purpose to the ice mirrors to begin with.....to let him move so fast that he can shoot needles from every conceivable direction.

now sure both naruto and sasuke could see haku.....however.......

1) kyubi naruto couldnt see haku as well as sasuke's sharingan. When haku was teleporting around, Naruto was looking around like a confused beast. He gained the upper hand after he started shattering the mirrors and totally messing haku's jutsu up.

2) while sasuke could see the movement better, his body was in no condition to move fast enough to do alot....which is the same problem he had against lee. Naruto's kyubi mode gives him much greater speed, which is how he was able to catch him while sasuke couldnt. However I cant see how this helps anybody's argument whatsoever, since isnt the point people are trying to make is that if naruto DIDNT go all kyubi he wouldve stood a better chance? I'd certainly hope so, because we clearly saw that the kyubi form wasnt a match for even kimi's weakest form

response to Mutata's edit: oh, hehe......guess thats what i get for joinin in the convo a little late i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

oh and while im at it.......

Mutata: paper, rock, scissors theory DOES work. Where was it proven that it doesnt work?

Hokage IV: Mutata pointed out a while ago that saying zero chance was an exaggeration. I dont know why you're harping on that detail

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:45 AM
Check out the other posts, at some point, he changed it from zero chance to very unlikely (paraphrased...I think). Also, it should be pretty clear that whatever anyone posts here is an opinion, unless otherwise stated. If something is a debatable statement, it is an opinion, and there should be no need to explicitly say so. Mut@t@'s not trying to shove anything down anyone's throat. And also, check out the posts he made afterwards, plenty of support for his statements, and plenty of clarification if it was unclear. The only acceptable problem you can have with him is that you don't like his attitude "this guy rubs me the wrong way". And, he's not that bad. I'm sure the guy can speak for himself and doesn't need me to jump to his defense in anyway, but he just doesn't deserve it.

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:58 AM
you just get stupider as you post.

what am i trying to salvage? i've proven you wrong basically everytime you tried to say something remotely intelligent. stop trying to ignore what i said and force yourself to believe your own lies.

Gaara and Lee? , i thought you were going to point out where you wrote Naruto fighting style is basically useless against Kimmaro... it seems your mentiong Gaara and lee's fighting style.. but correct me if im wrong...
jesus christ. you really are dull. i guess i need to stoop down to 3rd grader writing level for you to understand. i purposely skipped explaining a simple 'connection' in order to minimize my typing but it seems that you can't understand anything. i mentioned gaara's ninjutsus and said that they were practically useless to suggest that if those powerful ninjutsus did not work, what makes you think naruto's ninjutsus are gonna work? yes, rasengan is powerful, but what are the chances of hitting kimimaro? next to nothing considering his 1000000000000000000 clones couldn't land a single hit. now, as for when i talked about lee's taijutsu. i applied the same type of argument/support in #2. as you know, rock lee is superior in taijutsu amongst the genins. what makes you think naruto's weak ass taijutsu can beat kimimaro if a taijutsu specialist got the crap beat out of him? ok, do you understand where i was going with it now?

Im glad that you ended your respones there... its not looking too good. "Its proven that dumb theory doesnt work , Stupid?" then you go say" thanks for proving my point. Neji's style of fighting is probably best fit for someone like Kimmaro"

which one is it?........
what do you mean which one is it? i never said neji could beat kimimaro. in fact, i think kimimaro could wipe the floor with him. just cuz i said neji's fighting style is best for kimimaro that doesn't mean neji himself can beat him. don't ignore what i wrote and say that i said some random crap.

Try to grasp what the argument is about... You said Naruto has "Zero Chance" and my argument is... where do you get that? and I gave you examples to counter that argument.. Do i think Naruto can beat Kimmaro..probably not... but Zero Chance is your opnion and not a fact.. and you try to inforce it as a fact when you go insult ppl "that is possibly the most incorrect statement ever made on this forum. naruto had zero chance against kimimaro and even gaara AND rock lee would've lost if it weren't for kimimaro's illness."
for the zero chance thing. let me clear this up. i explained what i meant by zero chance earlier in one of the posts. don't reply back until you've figured out what i meant.

Mutata: paper, rock, scissors theory DOES work. Where was it proven that it doesnt work?
i remember a thread from a while ago where we were matching people up for fights. it works sometimes but not always. i don't think a 'theory' should be claimed as a real theory until it can be applied to all scenarios, fabricated or not.

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 03:56 AM
you just get stupider as you post.

what am i trying to salvage? i've proven you wrong basically everytime you tried to say something remotely intelligent. stop trying to ignore what i said and force yourself to believe your own lies.[/quote]

You proven me wrong everytime because you replied with stupider and retarded ? ..lol k.... did you force yourself to believe your own lies?

[/quote]jesus christ. you really are dull. i guess i need to stoop down to 3rd grader writing level for you to understand. i purposely skipped explaining a simple 'connection' in order to minimize my typing but it seems that you can't understand anything. i mentioned gaara's ninjutsus and said that they were practically useless to suggest that if those powerful ninjutsus did not work, what makes you think naruto's ninjutsus are gonna work? yes, rasengan is powerful, but what are the chances of hitting kimimaro? next to nothing considering his 1000000000000000000 clones couldn't land a single hit. now, as for when i talked about lee's taijutsu. i applied the same type of argument/support in #2. as you know, rock lee is superior in taijutsu amongst the genins. what makes you think naruto's weak ass taijutsu can beat kimimaro if a taijutsu specialist got the crap beat out of him? ok, do you understand where i was going with it now?[/quote]

You pusposely skipped explaining a simple connection..lol
Yes it would be wise to explain the "simple connection" cuz it seems you like to jump one point to another when its less favor to you.. or caught yourselve in a contradictory. Your explanation about Gaara's ninjutsu, ( sand) is fast enuff to catch Kimmaro but Naruto's rasge has next to nothing chance to hit? Granted it was a suprise attac , coming from the ground. But Naruto shown time and time again he can come with a clever tactic what ever the jutsu he is trying to catch him with ..whether it be. Kage bunshin or Rasengan , he has done it.against kabuto,Neji, akamaru,. his chance is next to nothing? how can you back that up?

When you said Rock , Paper, and scissor is proven it doesnt work. How do you conclude Naruto's Taijutsu is weak ass... comparing to rock lee... isnt Neji's taijutsu is superior to Rock lee?.... and didnt Naruto beat Neji with his Taijutsu... oh .. hey remember now.. you said your were sure you knew that Kyubi is part of Naruto... remember? ...lol

which one is it?........
what do you mean which one is it? i never said neji could beat kimimaro. in fact, i think kimimaro could wipe the floor with him. just cuz i said neji's fighting style is best for kimimaro that doesn't mean neji himself can beat him. don't ignore what i wrote and say that i said some random crap.[/quote]

lol...You said Rock paper and scissor doesnt work..no you said its "proven" it doesnt work... what difference does it make what type of taijutsu it is.. if rock lee couldnt ,why would Neji's taijutsu be any difference against Kimmaro ... or.. let me say it this way.... what does " Neji's style of fighting probably best fit for someone like kimmaro" mean?

for the zero chance thing. let me clear this up. i explained what i meant by zero chance earlier in one of the posts. don't reply back until you've figured out what i meant.[/quote]

Yes its clear... you force it as a fact by insulting .. then when some one points at ur stupidity you like to change the words around...

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:01 AM
Longest posts in a Naruto fighting discussion EVER.

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:12 AM
dude, you're just dumb. i seriously don't understand what is wrong with you... when you say something as an counter argument you should think of what the next counter argument from me will be. you just don't do that and run your mouth. i'm getting tired of proving you wrong over and over again. not only that you forget everything that was said by me before.

anyway, here we go...

Your explanation about Gaara's ninjutsu, ( sand) is fast enuff to catch Kimmaro but Naruto's rasge has next to nothing chance to hit? Granted it was a suprise attac , coming from the ground. But Naruto shown time and time again he can come with a clever tactic what ever the jutsu he is trying to catch him with ..whether it be. Kage bunshin or Rasengan , he has done it.against kabuto,Neji, akamaru,. his chance is next to nothing? how can you back that up?
i specifically said, naruto can't think and fight cleverly while in full kyubi mode. you either completely ignored it or just refused to understand it. naruto is most powerful, in terms of strength, when in full kyubi mode because of the dramatic strength and chakra increase. however, when he fights in subdued kyubi mode, his strength and chakra capacity alone will not be able to defeat such opponent. there, i backed it up. next time think a step ahead before acting like you know what you're talking about. next...

When you said Rock , Paper, and scissor is proven it doesnt work. How do you conclude Naruto's Taijutsu is weak ass... comparing to rock lee... isnt Neji's taijutsu is superior to Rock lee?.... and didnt Naruto beat Neji beat with his Taijutsu... oh .. hey remember now.. you said your were sure you knew that Kyubi is part of Naruto... remember? ...lol
the hell are you trying to say here? i understand everything until you brought up "you said you were sure you knew the kyubi is part of naruto." what does that have anything to do with it. are you trying to say that naruto beat neji without the help of kyubi? please say no. if not, explain more plz. next...

lol...You said Rock paper and scissor doesnt work..no you said its "proven" it doesnt work... what difference does it make what type of taijutsu it is.. if rock lee couldnt ,why would "Neji's style of fighting is probably best fit for someone like kimmaro" or.. let me say it this way.... what does " Neji's style of fighting probably best fit for someone like kimmaro" mean?
what do you mean what difference does it make what type of taijutsu it is. why are you asking rhetorical questions? neji's taijutsu is best suited for fighting kimimaro because it doesn't cause external damage, it causes internal damage, something kimimaro can't protect. next...

Yes its clear... you force it as a fact by insulting .. then when some one points at ur stupidity you like to change the words around...
i didn't change anything around... you just can't accept your own stupidity and try to pin pointless things against me. it's clear that you don't even put two seconds of thought into your so-called 'counter-arguments.' how do i know this? cuz it takes me ZERO time to think up a response. just don't speak anymore, you're just seriously making yourself look foolish.

EDIT: mods... plz don't lock the thread because of the 'flaming.' i'm sorry but i gotta put people in their places.

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:24 AM
dude, you're just dumb. i seriously don't understand what is wrong with you... when you say something as an counter argument you should think of what the next counter argument from me will be. you just don't do that and run your mouth. i'm getting tired of proving you wrong over and over again. not only that you forget everything that was said by me before.

anyway, here we go...

[quote]
Your explanation about Gaara's ninjutsu, ( sand) is fast enuff to catch Kimmaro but Naruto's rasge has next to nothing chance to hit? Granted it was a suprise attac , coming from the ground. But Naruto shown time and time again he can come with a clever tactic what ever the jutsu he is trying to catch him with ..whether it be. Kage bunshin or Rasengan , he has done it.against kabuto,Neji, akamaru,. his chance is next to nothing? how can you back that up?
i specifically said, naruto can't think and fight cleverly while in full kyubi mode. you either completely ignored it or just refused to understand it. naruto is most powerful, in terms of strength, when in full kyubi mode because of the dramatic strength and chakra increase. however, when he fights in subdued kyubi mode, his strength and chakra capacity alone will not be able to defeat such opponent. there, i backed it up. next time think a step ahead before acting like you know what you're talking about. next...

huh...what ?... where do you get full kyubi mode? its talking about catching him with the rasengan.. with clever tactics.. you bring up full kyubi mode? your running out stuff to avoid your stupidity?

[quote]
When you said Rock , Paper, and scissor is proven it doesnt work. How do you conclude Naruto's Taijutsu is weak ass... comparing to rock lee... isnt Neji's taijutsu is superior to Rock lee?.... and didnt Naruto beat Neji beat with his Taijutsu... oh .. hey remember now.. you said your were sure you knew that Kyubi is part of Naruto... remember? ...lol

the hell are you trying to say here? i understand everything until you brought up "you said you were sure you knew the kyubi is part of naruto." what does that have anything to do with it. are you trying to say that naruto beat neji without the help of kyubi? please say no. if not, explain more plz. next...[quote]

so your agreeing or should i say acknowledged that Naruto beat Neji with his taijutsu?.. good to hear.. but you still didnt answer how do you conclude that Naruto's Taijutsu is weak ass when you compared to rock lee... but its all good..

[quote]
lol...You said Rock paper and scissor doesnt work..no you said its "proven" it doesnt work... what difference does it make what type of taijutsu it is.. if rock lee couldnt ,why would "Neji's style of fighting is probably best fit for someone like kimmaro" or.. let me say it this way.... what does " Neji's style of fighting probably best fit for someone like kimmaro" mean?
what do you mean what difference does it make what type of taijutsu it is. why are you asking rhetorical questions? neji's taijutsu is best suited for fighting kimimaro because it doesn't cause external damage, it causes internal damage, something kimimaro can't protect. next...

"kimimaro impervious to all taijutsu" did you say that or not? .....doink

[quote]
i didn't change anything around... you just can't accept your own stupidity and try to pin pointless things against me. it's clear that you don't even put two seconds of thought into your so-called 'counter-arguments.' how do i know this? cuz it takes me ZERO time to think up a response. just don't speak anymore, you're just seriously making yourself look foolish.

k...

well it was fun...

Assertn
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:28 AM
i remember a thread from a while ago where we were matching people up for fights. it works sometimes but not always. i don't think a 'theory' should be claimed as a real theory until it can be applied to all scenarios, fabricated or not.

i agree.....and ive mentioned it before as well that you cant theoricize anything in guy1 vs guy2 scenarios.....
although this applies to far more than just rock paper scissors.......
rock paper scissors HELPS as a factor in determining the ODDS of an outcome, but anything can happen in a battle of ninjas.

uh oh, looks like hokage-IV is bustin out his big ol' bag of lols i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

edit: ok sorry if im being anal about it, but upon second thought and looking up "theory"....the definition of the word that best suits this scenario would be, the "Abstract reasoning; speculation" meaning of the word. If you're interpreting it from the standpoint of "theorems", where its a series of facts to prove something, then yeah you're right. But I think in the way the word is used, its more like speculation about the most favorable outcomes based on what we know so far.

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:48 AM
OH MY GOD... lol... i can't be the only one who realizes how thick headed and slow hokage-iv is. if i may ask, how old are you, hokage-iv?

ok... anyway...

huh...what ?... where do you get full kyubi mode? its talking about catching him with the rasengan.. with clever tactics.. you bring up full kyubi mode? your running out stuff to avoid your stupidity?
i brought up kyubi mode refering to my answer to the question about haku asked xtort several posts back, stupid. ok, so let's say naruto somehow miraculously catches kimimaro and hits him with a rasengan, well what do you know, kimimaro is hurt but obviously not enough. not only does kimimaro have armor like plating underneath his skin, he also has some kind of regeneration ability (we saw this after kimimaro was crushed by gaara's desert funeral or coffine, whatever). in that time if kabuto could hit naruto with a fatal attack, i'm sure kimimaro could've put ten holes in naruto head before kimimaro is pushed back.

so your agreeing or should i say acknowledged that Naruto beat Neji with his taijutsu?.. good to hear.. but you still didnt answer how do you conclude that Naruto's Taijutsu is weak ass when you compared to rock lee... but its all good..
no shit naruto beat neji with a taijutsu. naruto punched neji in the jaw. and do you know how naruto was able to hit him...? it's cuz naruto had tons of kyubi chakra left. nartuo did beat neji but that doesn't make naruto's taijutsu better than neji's. neji has far greater knowledge and skill in taijutsu. naruto was only able to win cuz he had the kyubi chakra and neji ran out of chakra. anyway, i didn't bother answering why naruto's taijutsu is weaker than rock lee's because i thought it was an obvious answer but i guess you're just dumb. rock lee is a taijutsu specialist. there, question answered. you could've asked a monkey and it would've given you the same answer.

EDIT: it's 2:40am here... i'ma get some sleep, i'll respond back to whatever you guys post later. g'night everyone.

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 05:19 AM

It seems your always starting with an insult..lol.. are you that threatened?

i brought up kyubi mode refering to my answer to the question about haku asked xtort several posts back, stupid. ok, so let's say naruto somehow miraculously catches kimimaro and hits him with a rasengan, well what do you know, kimimaro is hurt but obviously not enough. not only does kimimaro have armor like plating underneath his skin, he also has some kind of regeneration ability (we saw this after kimimaro was crushed by gaara's desert funeral or coffine, whatever). in that time if kabuto could hit naruto with a fatal attack, i'm sure kimimaro could've put ten holes in naruto head before kimimaro is pushed back.

answering to the question about haku asked xtort serveral post back?.....lol. "i'm sure kimimaro could've put ten holes in naruto head before kimimaro is pushed back." thats a decent assumption.(not fact). but we're not talking about that are we? .... we are talking about naruto hitting kimmaro with rasengan , his chances are next to nothing.. remember..

no shit naruto beat neji with a taijutsu. naruto punched neji in the jaw. and do you know how naruto was able to hit him...? it's cuz naruto had tons of kyubi chakra left. nartuo did beat neji but that doesn't make naruto's taijutsu better than neji's. neji has far greater knowledge and skill in taijutsu. naruto was only able to win cuz he had the kyubi chakra and neji ran out of chakra. anyway, i didn't bother answering why naruto's taijutsu is weaker than rock lee's because i thought it was an obvious answer but i guess you're just dumb. rock lee is a taijutsu specialist. there, question answered. you could've asked a monkey and it would've given you the same answer.

You say one thing and do the other thing... thats why i asked are you sure you know kyubi is part of Naruto... you said yes sir... but why do you need to keep explaining only reason naruto won because of Kyubi's chakra.. we already know naruto used kyubi's chakra against neji and I also know Kyubi is part of Naruto.. you dont go around saying, only reason kakasi won against zabuza because of his best friends sharingan .. do you?

EDIT: it's 2:40am here... i'ma get some sleep, i'll respond back to whatever you guys post later. g'night everyone.[/quote]

Im sorry for replying... its too tempting, your making me look good....

but gnite..

Hakeem_21
Tue, 08-24-2004, 05:23 AM
Mutata: I havent read youre argument cause the posts was too long for my taste but i can tell you one thing that you can also be thickheaded....

Hakeem_21
Tue, 08-24-2004, 05:31 AM

-xtortout

I also dont like how Kishimoto using Naruto,how everyfight he first brings kage bunshin and runs straight agianst his oppnent. The real cool Naruto is the one who comes up with great strategys,we want more of that from Naruto.

The Kimi fight is a good example cause he could atleast has made Naruto to use more than his bunshins!

I wanna see one fight he just kicks ass without using bunshin and running straight in the fight.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post,what a rookie misstake...

Raven
Tue, 08-24-2004, 05:50 AM
LMAO @ Mut@t@/dazzz owning Hokage-IV over and over again, so funny.

Damn, I joined this convo late. I would have liked to be a part of it. But anyway, everything I would have said has been covered by dazzz so it doesn't matter...

I also agree about the rock/scissors/paper thing, it does sometimes work but it's not solid enough to be used as a concrete theory.

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 06:20 AM
Im lil disappointed to say the least...for mod to be so incompetent.....grudge i assume?
for making him look like a child not too long ago...

I assume you havent read anything.. cuz you were so vague, all you said and had to say that he covered everything youhad to say lol... to inform, this argument is not about right or wrong.(unless you have keen understanding between fact and onpinion , which you don't).cuz hes on the side with the obvious answers or answers that is generally easier to understand.ex... Itachi is the strongest as a fact cuz oro said so... but ignore the fact what itachi said about Jirairya.. this is about him inforcing his onpinions into fact by insulting ppl..

you can still join.... but wont make any difference... you will say is what he had to say?.. which case i would... how you say it? "own" you lol....

kAi
Tue, 08-24-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
I also dont like how Kishimoto using Naruto,how everyfight he first brings kage bunshin and runs straight agianst his oppnent. The real cool Naruto is the one who comes up with great strategys,we want more of that from Naruto.

The Kimi fight is a good example cause he could atleast has made Naruto to use more than his bunshins!

I wanna see one fight he just kicks ass without using bunshin and running straight in the fight.

this is naruto's way for testing his opponent (and only way he knows how to start a fight) he runs in fists flying and when he gets knocked back he finds a flaw in there defense!
but i also agree that we need to see a fight that he doesnt rely to heavily on the kage bunshin...the real cool stategies you see from naruto come after he has ran at his opponent with his kage bunshins and knows there abilites and such

Raven
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:05 AM
Im lil disappointed to say the least...for mod to be so incompetent.....grudge i assume?

I assume you havent read anything.. cuz you were so vague, all you said and had to say that he covered everything youhad to say lol... to inform, this argument is not about right or wrong.(unless you have keen understanding between fact and onpinion , which you don't).cuz hes on the side with the obvious answers or answers that is generally easier to understand.ex... Itachi is the strongest as a fact cuz oro said so... but ignore the fact what itachi said about Jirairya.. this is about him inforcing his onpinions into fact by insulting ppl..

you can still join.... but wont make any difference... you will say is what he had to say?.. which case i would... how you say it? "own" you lol....
Haha, you're funny man. Incompetent am I? How so? So I'm a mod, does that mean I can't have fun on the forums by saying what I think or laughing occasionally? And a grudge? You'll have to remind me about what, because I have no idea. A child? Please, refresh my memory.
I just made an impartial comment from the point of view of an observer of a discussion, that's all. Do you really think that makes me an incompetent mod? That's funny. Why take it so personally?

I'm just of the opinion that dazzz presented his arguement more effectively... and I was commenting so. And I'll reiterate, there's no reason for me to join in on the conversation because I would only be repeating what dazzz said. Is that so hard to understand? I wasn't making any personal attacks like you seem to think I was, I was simply stating the opinion of an impartial observer. And the term 'owned' is part of net culture, but I'm sure you know that anyway.

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn

Haha, you're funny man. Incompetent am I? How so? So I'm a mod, does that mean I can't have fun on the forums by saying what I think or laughing occasionally? And a grudge? You'll have to remind me about what, because I have no idea. A child? Please, refresh my memory.
I just made an impartial comment from the point of view of an observer of a discussion, that's all. Do you really think that makes me an incompetent mod? That's funny. Why take it so personally?

I'm just of the opinion that dazzz presented his arguement more effectively... and I was commenting so. And I'll reiterate, there's no reason for me to join in on the conversation because I would only be repeating what dazzz said. Is that so hard to understand? I wasn't making any personal attacks like you seem to think I was, I was simply stating the opinion of an impartial observer. And the term 'owned' is part of net culture, but I'm sure you know that anyway.

haha ..what are you talking about?who said you can't fun? is saying getting owned way to have fun? im sure there is lot of way to have fun other than that. oh how about i liked his Argument better oh no you wouldnt think that.how can competent mod like you would think that?. sorry for putting higher standard on a MOD.. but its my mistake.. and your reasoning is you can't have fun?..lol ...your funny..

your telling me you have no grudge? puhlease.....

Im glad your not joining this argument.. cuz i would "own" you.. but " I wasn't making any personal attacks" ok ? lol

thnx "owned".....

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:43 AM
hokage IV please just leave this forum it's just sad you haven't made any point at all and everything you've said about anything was ignorant and untrue the reason cmdr_raven said you were owned is because you were, learn your place if you can't back up your arguments with concrete evdence don't even start,

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:51 AM

Don't talk to him like that you thick moron, all your arguments are wrong and Raven happens to be one of the coolest guys here and has a lot more of respect than you and for GOOD REASON. The only one here looking like an ass is you. Grow up you little imbecile and learn to see different sides of arguments.

Now hug everybody and say that you're sorry.

Arcn3ss
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:56 AM

haha ..what are you talking about?who said you can't fun? is saying getting owned way to have fun? im sure there is lot of way to have fun other than that. oh how about i liked his Argument better oh no you wouldnt think that.how can competent mod like you would think that?. sorry for putting higher standard on a MOD.. but its my mistake.. and your reasoning is you can't have fun?..lol ...your funny..

Im glad your not joining this argument.. cuz i would "own" you.. but " I wasn't making any personal attacks" ok ? lol

thnx "owned".....

=/

Last time I checked MODs were people and had points of views and believes for their own. Just because a mod doesn't like you, or has a different point of view doesn't mean they are incompetent. The have the same merit as everyone else. A MOD's job is to moderate the forum, and not be unbiased to particular points of view on the material. Only if the material goes against the rules of the forum can they be unbiased. They have choice on what to like and what not to like. It's as simple as that. Have you been banned? No? Then they are doing their job without bias, because if they weren't you would be banned. So he is competent at being A Mod.

End of Point.
Thank you and have a nice day. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Very true.

I don't understand people saying "I had higher hopes for a mod" and things like that. Is there a common book on how mods should behave? Mods are people just like you and me. But they have shown merit and ability to moderate a place and keep it better (or more "clean") for the majority to enjoy. Raven doesn't agree with you because you are wrong. How that makes him a "less respectable mod" is beyond me. Then again, I assume it's just the little kid running out of retorts...

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by: Haku_san

thnx "owned".....

=/

Last time I checked MODs were people and had points of views and believes for their own. Just because a mod doesn't like you, or has a different point of view doesn't mean they are incompetent. The have the same merit as everyone else. A MOD's job is to moderate the forum, and not be unbiased to particular points of view on the material. Only if the material goes against the rules of the forum can they be unbiased. They have choice on what to like and what not to like. It's as simple as that. Have you been banned? No? Then they are doing their job without bias, because if they weren't you would be banned. So he is competent at being A Mod.

End of Point.
Thank you and have a nice day.

why would i be banned? Yes i agree mods are not suppose to bias... LMAO Getting OWNED.... then I said I would own you.. Then he said dont take it personal... then I said dont take it personal as well...

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-24-2004, 09:06 AM
...after insulting him by calling him incompetent, unworthy mod and several other things that is.

Raven
Tue, 08-24-2004, 09:09 AM
why would i be banned? Yes i agree mods are not suppose to bias... LMAO Getting OWNED.... then I said I would own you.. Then he said dont take it personal... then I said dont take it personal as well...
You owning me is an interesting theory, but fairly implausible, considering you seem to have trouble stringing together coherent posts, your latest couple didn't really make much sense. I'll have a discussion with someone if I can understand what they're trying to say, but you make it extremely difficult. And I never take things 'personal' i/expressions/rolleye.gif ..... this is the internet after all.

Arcn3ss
Tue, 08-24-2004, 09:16 AM

=/

You said he was incompetent, basically because you didn't like what he had to say.

Now I am saying he is competent, because he if he was biased he would ban you. Doesn't really matter why, hell it could be for fun. Since you aren't banned, he's doing his job, well I might add. The moderators job isn't to be your friend, nor to agree with your points, their job is to enforce the rules unbiased and that is all.

Stoopider
Tue, 08-24-2004, 09:29 AM
MODS = GODS.
Don't mess with them Buddy. Just look at Mut@t@. They turned him into the Resident GIMP!. Omg. SO Scary.

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 10:15 AM

You owning me is an interesting theory, but fairly implausible, considering you seem to have trouble stringing together coherent posts, your latest couple didn't really make much sense. I'll have a discussion with someone if I can understand what they're trying to say, but you make it extremely difficult. And I never take things 'personal' ..... this is the internet after all.

No, Im owning you cuz you replied. Dont take it personal cuz I only said owned because you intiated it that word.I had no intention to use that word on any body. Im sorry I questioned your usage of words.WHich I thought you could've done better since your a mod. It was my mistake. But I expected for you not to take personal enuff to explain why your not getting owned . Just as you expected me not to take it personal when you said it .

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-24-2004, 10:48 AM
@Stoopider: The admins did that, not us. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Tue, 08-24-2004, 12:06 PM
OH MY GOD... lol... i can't be the only one who realizes how thick headed and slow hokage-iv is. if i may ask, how old are you, hokage-iv?

haha, yeah i noticed it before in Hokage Iv's discussions on topics such as "OMFG THE KYUBI COMBINED HENGE OF NARUTO AND GAMA HAD ONE TAIL IN THE MANGA!!oneone" and also in some lame attempt at getting back at me in one of the manga topics that i created a while ago...

Hokage IV, I'm not trying to team up against you like it seems to be happening with other people here, but its just so hard not to.......you sound like a little kid who is trying to get the last laugh by pulling out a thesaurus of big words. But it really all sounds to me like you're saying.......

"I know you are but what am i?"

Icelander
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Hmm... is it just me or is this thread getting.. I dont know off topic?
Hokage-IV: drop it FFS!

Hakeem_21
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by: kAi

this is naruto's way for testing his opponent (and only way he knows how to start a fight) he runs in fists flying and when he gets knocked back he finds a flaw in there defense!
but i also agree that we need to see a fight that he doesnt rely to heavily on the kage bunshin...the real cool stategies you see from naruto come after he has ran at his opponent with his kage bunshins and knows there abilites and such

Naruto doesnt always run agianst his oppnent for example in the fight against Gaara he didnt just run against Gaara,he used 100 bunshin to hurt him before he 1000 years of pain. By the way it was one of few times he used his bunshin right.

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 01:41 PM
answering to the question about haku asked xtort serveral post back?.....lol. "i'm sure kimimaro could've put ten holes in naruto head before kimimaro is pushed back." thats a decent assumption.(not fact). but we're not talking about that are we? .... we are talking about naruto hitting kimmaro with rasengan , his chances are next to nothing.. remember..
... the hell? you were talking about naruto catching kimimaro and hitting him with a rasengan. which NEVER happened so it must be a fabricated scenario where ANYTHING can happen. so you said it's possible because naruto has done it to kabuto before. so i talked about how kimimaro could kill naruto just before getting hit by the rasengan because since naruto has been hit before in the same situation, so why can't i apply that to this scenario? oh right, i can't because you want to right about everything yet you're too stupid to realize that people are smarter than you. your real problem is that you ignore what's really there and force yourself to believe imagined words. after i've proved a point and squashed whatever you threw at me, you just ignore that didn't happen and try to ask the same question in a different way. grow up.

You say one thing and do the other thing... thats why i asked are you sure you know kyubi is part of Naruto... you said yes sir... but why do you need to keep explaining only reason naruto won because of Kyubi's chakra.. we already know naruto used kyubi's chakra against neji and I also know Kyubi is part of Naruto.. you dont go around saying, only reason kakasi won against zabuza because of his best friends sharingan .. do you?
what is the point of this. now you're arguing two different things. you're asking if naruto's taijutsu alone beat neji, i said no, kyubi was the deciding factor in the fight and not naruto's skill in taijutsu. you asked if naruto won because of certain types of techniques not whatever the hell you're asking now. you switched up the words and rephrased your question in a different way. you don't even know what the hell you're talking about cuz each time you try to ask the same question, it's worded differently and the rephrased question strays off a bit by bit from the original question.

anyway, to answer your dumb question, no, i don't go around saying kakashi won the fight because of his sharingan. but i do believe that even if kakashi did not have/use the sharingan, he would've still won. although the fight might have been closer, i think kakashi was just more skilled than zabuza. the sharingan made the fight a lot easier for kakashi.

EDIT: i'm glad you decided to talk out of your ass. the manga forums got quiet after kimimaro died, but your stupidity made it rowdy again. just the way i like it.

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 05:29 PM

haha, yeah i noticed it before in Hokage Iv's discussions on topics such as "OMFG THE KYUBI COMBINED HENGE OF NARUTO AND GAMA HAD ONE TAIL IN THE MANGA!!oneone" and also in some lame attempt at getting back at me in one of the manga topics that i created a while ago...

Hokage IV, I'm not trying to team up against you like it seems to be happening with other people here, but its just so hard not to.......you sound like a little kid who is trying to get the last laugh by pulling out a thesaurus of big words. But it really all sounds to me like you're saying.......

"I know you are but what am i?"

I have no problem if you team up. You usually do anyway and i dont really consider your thoughts that much anyway. People on this forum take cheap shots, even lil mod try to be smart alec ." I owned you , but plse dont take it personal". I've join this forum since feberuary, I dont post much and I hardly ever insult people unless they insult me. From 114posts, You can see I usually just spend time reading for updates and whats going on and what not.you can try to stir anything up.

I usually let ppl say their onpinion, I have no problem and it doesnt get to me. When a Mod fully understand what the word owned iis used in the "net" like he said... he understand its a word to insult and taunt, and he had the audacity to say dont take it personal.. Telling me, this Mod, this kid, is trying to be smart ass.But what can I do? so that got to me lil cuz I couldnt distinguish him being a Mod and a lil kid. but its my fault..

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 05:32 PM

... the hell? you were talking about naruto catching kimimaro and hitting him with a rasengan. which NEVER happened so it must be a fabricated scenario where ANYTHING can happen. so you said it's possible because naruto has done it to kabuto before. so i talked about how kimimaro could kill naruto just before getting hit by the rasengan because since naruto has been hit before in the same situation, so why can't i apply that to this scenario? oh right, i can't because you want to right about everything yet you're too stupid to realize that people are smarter than you. your real problem is that you ignore what's really there and force yourself to believe imagined words. after i've proved a point and squashed whatever you threw at me, you just ignore that didn't happen and try to ask the same question in a different way. grow up.

what is the point of this. now you're arguing two different things. you're asking if naruto's taijutsu alone beat neji, i said no, kyubi was the deciding factor in the fight and not naruto's skill in taijutsu. you asked if naruto won because of certain types of techniques not whatever the hell you're asking now. you switched up the words and rephrased your question in a different way. you don't even know what the hell you're talking about cuz each time you try to ask the same question, it's worded differently and the rephrased question strays off a bit by bit from the original question.

anyway, to answer your dumb question, no, i don't go around saying kakashi won the fight because of his sharingan. but i do believe that even if kakashi did not have/use the sharingan, he would've still won. although the fight might have been closer, i think kakashi was just more skilled than zabuza. the sharingan made the fight a lot easier for kakashi.

EDIT: i'm glad you decided to talk out of your ass. the manga forums got quiet after kimimaro died, but your stupidity made it rowdy again. just the way i like it.

your not in my mind right now..... so whatever you said im sure you had good reasoning to your argument.

Raven
Tue, 08-24-2004, 07:11 PM
I have no problem if you team up. You usually do anyway and i dont really consider your thoughts that much anyway. People on this forum take cheap shots, even lil mod try to be smart alec ." I owned you , but plse dont take it personal". I've join this forum since feberuary, I dont post much and I hardly ever insult people unless they insult me. From 114posts, You can see I usually just spend time reading for updates and whats going on and what not.you can try to stir anything up.

I usually let ppl say their onpinion, I have no problem and it doesnt get to me. When a Mod fully understand what the word owned iis used in the "net" like he said... he understand its a word to insult and taunt, and he had the audacity to say dont take it personal.. Telling me, this Mod, this kid, is trying to be smart ass.But what can I do? so that got to me lil cuz I couldnt distinguish him being a Mod and a lil kid. but its my fault..
Well, if you actually read my posts, I never said that I owned you, but rather dazzz did, which people seem to generally agree with that he did. So your quote of me saying "I owned you , but plse dont take it personal" (SIC) is rendered null and void. And you seem to really have a problem with the term owned, like it's some big offensive curse word - it's just something someone says on the internet, maybe you're too young to understand. It's not meant to be taken literally or offensively, sheesh get a grip. You know what they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

But anyway, that's enough off-topic for now, back to Naruto...

Do we think there's gonna be some kind of interference in this match?

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 07:20 PM
i doubt it... althose there has been an absence of adult figures in this arc, i don't think any jounins would be showing up any time soon. also, i think sasuke and naruto are way too far from where gaara and lee are and they are the closest to naruto and sasuke. besides, those two are taking their sweet time resting and becoming bestestestestestest buddies. =D

Raven
Tue, 08-24-2004, 07:23 PM
True. But Shizune and her group were following, and I know they went home to help the injured, but the fact that they were there means that it's physically possible for another team to be around.
But yeah, I agree that probably nobody will turn up because of the arc's general structure so far. I'm still hoping for Itachi though! Oh well, we can dream.

Assertn
Tue, 08-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Naruto doesnt always run agianst his oppnent for example in the fight against Gaara he didnt just run against Gaara,he used 100 bunshin to hurt him before he 1000 years of pain. By the way it was one of few times he used his bunshin right.

actually.......yeah he did......a few times.......
then gaara swiped him away a bunch of times and basically just toyed with naruto until naruto decided to try something useful

Hokage-IV: dont worry i wouldnt expect you to consider my thoughts, as it clearly seems you arent one to take a discussion rationally from ideas that might not have originated from yourself

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:11 PM

Well, if you actually read my posts, I never said that I owned you, but rather dazzz did, which people seem to generally agree with that he did. So your quote of me saying "I owned you , but plse dont take it personal" (SIC) is rendered null and void. And you seem to really have a problem with the term owned, like it's some big offensive curse word - it's just something someone says on the internet, maybe you're too young to understand. It's not meant to be taken literally or offensively, sheesh get a grip. You know what they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

But anyway, that's enough off-topic for now, back to Naruto...

Do we think there's gonna be some kind of interference in this match?

your are correct, i should've quote you properly. " LMAO @ Mut@t@/dazzz owning Hokage-IV over and over again, so funny."

it seems your an expert of the definition of the word owned.. plse enlightened me with your definition cuz it seems im very unfamiliar with the word. I think it would be wise to clear that up and how you came to conclude from your owns words that was said above , that it had no intention of even slightest margin of insult behind it.So that I can take your "dont take it personal" more seriously..plse do... plse..

It shouldve never came to this, since your an expert with the word that you should've atleast consider that it can rub the wrong way for someone whose not so familiar with the word. Afterall im not a kid whose on the net 24/7, so iam no expert on every popular catch phrase that kids like to use. Couldnt you say "LMAO @Mut owning Hokage-IV over and over again , so funny" front of your computer. you went abnormal legnth to express your onpinion that you liked his argument better..

why should i leave the kitchen when im on fire?

quite frankly its getting boring of "owning" you. ... I think it is better to get back on to the topic like you said

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:23 PM

actually.......yeah he did......a few times.......
then gaara swiped him away a bunch of times and basically just toyed with naruto until naruto decided to try something useful

Hokage-IV: dont worry i wouldnt expect you to consider my thoughts, as it clearly seems you arent one to take a discussion rationally from ideas that might not have originated from yourself

For 6months i have just lil over 100posts , that usually is a sign I have no problem with other ppls ideas that might not have orginated from my self . So when i didnt reply to you for couple months take it as a compliment.

Arcn3ss
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Hokage-IV.

You're breaking forum rules again. =/

You're not only continually double posting, but flamming when its not even about the topic. If you got something to say about naruto chapter 227, I'll read it. If not stop posting this trash.

=/

And dont bother pointing out about this post not being about naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif Iam aware that its not.

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:54 PM
your are correct, i should've quote you properly. " LMAO @ Mut@t@/dazzz owning Hokage-IV over and over again, so funny."

it seems your an expert of the definition of the word owned.. plse enlightened me with your definition cuz it seems im very unfamiliar with the word. I think it would be wise to clear that up and how you came to conclude from your owns words that was said above , that it had no intention of even slightest margin of insult behind it.So that I can take your "dont take it personal" more seriously..plse do... plse..

It shouldve never came to this, since your an expert with the word that you should've atleast consider that it can rub the wrong way for someone whose not so familiar with the word. Afterall im not a kid whose on the net 24/7, so iam no expert on every popular catch phrase that kids like to use. Couldnt you say "LMAO @Mut owning Hokage-IV over and over again , so funny" front of your computer. you went abnormal legnth to express your onpinion that you liked his argument better..

quite frankly its getting boring of "owning" you. ... I think it is better to get back on to the topic like you said
this is OT, i'm just gonna explain how the word 'own' is used a little bit more...

i seriously was gonna drop this after the last thing you said cuz it looked like you gve up. but whatever, discussions are fun.

look, you don't need to be a kid that is on the net 24/7 to know what 'own' means. i have friends who don't use the net very much (and i mean VERY little) and still know what 'own' means. it's really not a hard concept. the word own is so loosely used, it's almost like the word 'gay.' i'm sure you had to have heard of 'gay' being used in many different none-offensive ways. it's really not an insult unless it's intended that way. you could use 'own' and 'gay' in a very nonhostile manner but you seem to take it as something real bad because of your lack of understanding. almost no one has hidden grudges in the forums, not even me. i'm sure there are a FEW who despise one another but for the 2+ years i've been here raven has never insulted/argued with anyone just because he disliked a gw member. anyway, just because you don't understand how the a certain word is used, don't get so pissy about it.

you keep refering to the word 'kids.' i'm curious, how old are you?

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 09:30 PM

this is OT, i'm just gonna explain how the word 'own' is used a little bit more...

i seriously was gonna drop this after the last thing you said cuz it looked like you gve up. but whatever, discussions are fun.

look, you don't need to be a kid that is on the net 24/7 to know what 'own' means. i have friends who don't use the net very much (and i mean VERY little) and still know what 'own' means. it's really not a hard concept. the word own is so loosely used, it's almost like the word 'gay.' i'm sure you had to have heard of 'gay' being used in many different none-offensive ways. it's really not an insult unless it's intended that way. you could use 'own' and 'gay' in a very nonhostile manner but you seem to take it as something real bad because of your lack of understanding. almost no one has hidden grudges in the forums, not even me. i'm sure there are a FEW who despise one another but for the 2+ years i've been here raven has never insulted/argued with anyone just because he disliked a gw member. anyway, just because you don't understand how the a certain word is used, don't get so pissy about it.

you keep refering to the word 'kids.' i'm curious, how old are you?

are you purposely trying to make raven look bad? own is almost like gay? no... you dont go to unknown stranger and say your gay. Specially i wouldnt have the audacity to say , hey man dont take it personal. I owned you, is offensive and its intention was offensive unless the person your saying to is a friend or have mutual understanding and repsect . Period. But he had the audacity to say ,. hey man dont take it personal? lol... no your not talking to your 12 yr old friend here.

i suggest you just stay away, your only gonna make him look even worse.

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 09:56 PM
are you purposely trying to make raven look bad? own is almost like gay? no... you dont go to unknown stranger and say your gay. Specially i wouldnt have the audacity to say , hey man dont take it personal. I owned you, is offensive and its intention was offensive unless the person your saying to is a friend or have mutual understanding and repsect . Period. But he had the audacity to say ,. hey man dont take it personal? lol... no your not talking to your 12 yr old friend here.

lol, so stupid... no no no no no...

you completely misunderstood. i meant 'own' can be used as loosely as 'gay.' which means that you shouldn't take such offense to the word because no disrespect was intended. i didn't mean that they have the same meaning. not only that, you keep saying that cmdr_raven said he owned you when he didn't. you even admitted that you were mistaken about saying raven said 'i owned you.' get your facts straight and stop bringing up this 'he has the audacity to blah blah' bullshit.

i suggest you just stay away, you're only gonna make yourself look even worse.

EDIT: although we don't know each other in real life, i don't consider any of the gw members as strangers because they took their time and effort to join a community. even though it's only online and we're all not friends, i don't think stranger is the right word for describing a member. that's why i don't think of the words 'own' and 'gay' as an insult of any degree.

Hokage-IV
Tue, 08-24-2004, 11:09 PM

lol, so stupid... no no no no no...

you completely misunderstood. i meant 'own' can be used as loosely as 'gay.' which means that you shouldn't take such offense to the word because no disrespect was intended. i didn't mean that they have the same meaning. not only that, you keep saying that cmdr_raven said he owned you when he didn't. you even admitted that you were mistaken about saying raven said 'i owned you.' get your facts straight and stop bringing up this 'he has the audacity to blah blah' bullshit.

i suggest you just stay away, you're only gonna make yourself look even worse.

EDIT: although we don't know each other in real life, i don't consider any of the gw members as strangers because they took their time and effort to join a community. even though it's only online and we're all not friends, i don't think stranger is the right word for describing a member. that's why i don't think of the words 'own' and 'gay' as an insult of any degree.

atleast think befor you type to me..

Im glad you think members are not strangers.lol..... anyway back to the argument Like i said the intention is loosely used when its not about a person , you can call an oject gay , you can say you own an object. When its about a person , unless you have mutal understanding the recipient well take it offensive. The person who said it should be aware who would take it offensive or not, it his responsibilty not the recepient . uhhh. are you that stupid?... You have hard time understanding offensive ?your looking at 3rd party perspective.. the person who received it takes it offensive but its not an insult of any degree? are you listening to yourself?

just do him a favor, dont talk for him, your just making him look worse..

If you called me gay in real life , I would really own you.

Mut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 11:33 PM
you're a moron...

THE WORD WASN'T MEANT TO OFFEND ANYONE STOP TAKING IT SUCH A BAD INSULT.

is it that hard to understand? i'm bitching at you cuz you're to stupid to realize that when no one insulted you, you're acting like a dumbass like you have been bashed on...

GOD

it's like cultural differences. in some cultures doing one thing may be the a very prestigious thing to do while in another culture it might be the worst thing to do. when that happens no offense should be taken because it had no harmful intent. DO YOU UNDERSTAND??? you got pissy because you thought he was insulting you, so he said he wasn't and yet you still refuse to accept that. you're flipping out over nothing. you should shut the hell up and relax already.

also, i'm not talking for him. i never said i was defending raven. i specifically said that i just wanted to tell you how the word is used. besides, raven wouldn't need anyone to talk for him when arguing with someone like you.

haha, yeah, you'd own me. "k."

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 08-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Oh dear god. I tried to stay out of this (maybe I should've tried harder). Alright, as far as I know, the phrase "I owned you" is used as a sort of slang to say "I beat you", "I defeated you", "I won", etc. If someone says, "he owned you", it's not difficult to figure the meaning from what I just said. Personally, I take no offense to that. The term as used in a sentence like cmdr's has absolutely nothing to do with ownership. If I'm gonna take offense to anything, it's to the fact that I got owned, beat, defeated, I lost, etc. Even then, I'd have no one to blame but myself. Let me ask you a question. Would you have been less offended if he said "Wow, Dazz put up a good argument and in my opinion, Hokage IV failed to respond in a manner that would make him be the victor of this discussion."? If your answer is no, then, you're really being way too sensitive. Because, both those statements pretty much mean the same thing.

Edit:

Furthurmore, mut@t@ brought up a good point ("it's like cultural differences"). No one knows where you're from, who you are, how old you are, etc. Add that to the fact that most people on this forum share enough common culture so that the term "owned" as used by cmdr would cause no offense. By coming to this forum, and many others on the internet (where a large variety of backgrounds and cultures meet up) you have the responsibility to yourself (to prevent unnecessary headaches) and to others (to keep things civil) to understand that, and react appropriately. With the number of people on this forum, and all the new people joining, it's impossible to consider everyone's background and try to pussyfoot around making sure that we don't accidentally offend anyone.

Arcn3ss
Tue, 08-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Hokage VI.

Stop breaking the forum rules...

This topic is about Naruto... Stop flaming =/

You've said your peace, so be done with it.

I assume you have intelligence, so stop displaying that superiority complex of yours, and stop inciting more flaming.

If you are so sure of your intellect, then you can see how your arguments further lead others to assume you have none at all. All you are doing is showing others how small and petty you are, by continually bashing of someone whom has no desire to associate with you any longer.

I had respect for your point of view before, but this continual and petty bashing over one simple and utterly stupid word makes me think otherwise. So to save yourself from further embarrassment I suggest you simply stop and end this pointless argument.

Haku.

PS.

Good Point Uchiha Barles. Both those statements are the same thing just worded differently.

Hokage-IV
Wed, 08-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Oh dear god. I tried to stay out of this (maybe I should've tried harder). Alright, as far as I know, the phrase "I owned you" is used as a sort of slang to say "I beat you", "I defeated you", "I won", etc. If someone says, "he owned you", it's not difficult to figure the meaning from what I just said. Personally, I take no offense to that. The term as used in a sentence like cmdr's has absolutely nothing to do with ownership. If I'm gonna take offense to anything, it's to the fact that I got owned, beat, defeated, I lost, etc. Even then, I'd have no one to blame but myself. Let me ask you a question. Would you have been less offended if he said "Wow, Dazz put up a good argument and in my opinion, Hokage IV failed to respond in a manner that would make him be the victor of this discussion."? If your answer is no, then, you're really being way too sensitive. Because, both those statements pretty much mean the same thing.

You can soften the word all you want, but there is a difference in words that will make someone offended or not. Would I be offended if he said dazz(?) put good argument and I failed ? no.. why would I? but thats not what he said. Would a African guy get offended saying hes black? or Would he get offended if you called him a Niigger?

owned can mean beat, defeat.. all the soft words.. but it can also mean, possesion, possesion of a person? like what ? slave? bitch?

puhlease..

[/quote]Edit:

Furthurmore, mut@t@ brought up a good point ("it's like cultural differences"). No one knows where you're from, who you are, how old you are, etc. Add that to the fact that most people on this forum share enough common culture so that the term "owned" as used by cmdr would cause no offense. By coming to this forum, and many others on the internet (where a large variety of backgrounds and cultures meet up) you have the responsibility to yourself (to prevent unnecessary headaches) and to others (to keep things civil) to understand that, and react appropriately. With the number of people on this forum, and all the new people joining, it's impossible to consider everyone's background and try to pussyfoot around making sure that we don't accidentally offend anyone.[/quote]

that dazz kid is just stupid... its not like cultural differences.. we all speak english.. we all know general english.. Some kid who doesnt even have interenet, will pick up what that mean just reading the context.. when some you dont know comes out saying...LMAO you getting OWNED, over and over again..its too funny.. his intention was to insult . I dont how you can deny it.. but plse enlightened me...

AlbinoFury
Wed, 08-25-2004, 12:42 AM
if we only had a mod about i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

tata it seems people like this are drawn to you, i think you just need to show your kickass mspaint you made awhile back and say good day sir i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Raven
Wed, 08-25-2004, 12:51 AM
Ok, it's really weird that you somehow get offended by the term 'owned' but I think you're probably the only one on the planet, it's just so pathetic and stupid. If you're going to get offended by something so trivial, then you'll be eaten alive in this life, believe me. It's funny that you keep calling people 'kids' and 'children' when you act in such an infantile manner yourself, and you never actually did tell us how old you are.

So anyway, please refrain from double posting and from inciting progressive flaming: these are the rules of this forum that I am enforcing as a mod. Oh that's right, I'm too incompetent, silly me.

If anyone would like to continue to discuss chapter 227, please feel free to make a new topic. I think this one is kinda dead in the water, even after a temporary revival.

Arcn3ss
Wed, 08-25-2004, 01:03 AM

that dazz kid is just stupid... its not like cultural differences.. we all speak english.. we all know general english.. Some kid who doesnt even have interenet, will pick up what that mean just reading the context.. when some you dont know comes out saying...LMAO you getting OWNED, over and over again..its too funny.. his intention was to insult . I dont how you can deny it.. but plse enlightened me...

=/

Flaming and inciting more flaming. Honestly you have now proven your intellect to me and to everyone capable of intelligent thought. Congratulation on doing exact the opposite of what I ask you not to. Instead of intelligently proving your opinion, you instead flamed the crap out of this thread.

Raven...Terra...I'd lock this thread. It's been dead for a while now.

RIP Naruto Chapter 227 Thread.
08/25/2004

May you rest in peace, dear thread. What was born from nothing has now returned to nothing. Amen.