PDA

View Full Version : Itachi v. Orochimaru?

The Noble Blue Beast
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:00 AM
Hi everyone, im new to the forum so if this question's been asked and answered please forgive me. When Orochimaru says that Itatchi is stronger than him back in ep. 80 (81?) did he mean before of after losing his arms? Because if he meant before losing his Jitsus, Itatchi must be one hard core mofo. Orochimaru survived fighting the 3rd and 2 Sannin at the same time without his precious arms.

Shuurai
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:05 AM
Well its difficult because Itachi says to Kisame that Jiraiya is stronger than him, Orochimaru says Itachi is stronger than him yet they are both Sannins so i would assume that he ment that after he lost his arms or Itachi was downplaying his abilities.

Mut
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:17 AM
when orochimaru said that he was afraid of itachi, he meant that before he lost his arms. we know this he talks about akatsuki and how he left that organization after itachi joined.

having a secondary character, like jiraiya or tsunade, be stronger than a main villian is stupid. if jiraiya were stronger than itachi, then it would nullify the whole point of "only another sharingan user can defeat me" which is the main reason why itachi was introduced as such a strong character.

itachi is the strongest and we'll never see him lose to anyone except to sasuke.

Eurasian
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:17 AM
itachi didn't say jiraiya was stronger than him. kisame said that jiraiya is stronger than him and that jiraiya was at itachi's level.

i think oro meant itachi could have kicked his ass even before losing his arms. oro just wants the sharingan and he coulda just gotten them from itachi when they were in akatsuki together. but itachi was just beyond oro's reach so that's why he went after sasuke.

oro did defeat the sandaime in some way...but he was extremely old. gai-sensei praises youth for a reason. oro also did fight the sannins but he retreated cuz he knows he woulda lost if he stayed.

Nai
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:59 AM
Itachi, as mentioned before, can only be defeated by a Sharingan user. This is obviously one of the reasons as to why to Orochimaru wants to aquire the Sharingan by taking over Sasukes body. With them I have no doubt that he could defeat Itachi. However, as it stands now, Orochimaru being without his Jutsus and all, Itachi would easily be able to defeat Orochimaru.

Eurasian
Fri, 08-20-2004, 03:19 AM
i don't know if oro really wants to defeat itachi. i think he wants the sharingan to be able to learn every jutsu in the world. cuz that's what he defines as the better ninja: whoever knows the most jutsus.

Inazuma Kami
Fri, 08-20-2004, 05:35 AM
So the only one able to deafeat Itachi is Sasuke 'cause he is a "Pure" Sharingan user ?

Wonder if other Sharingan users remain somewhere else ....

Hakeem_21
Fri, 08-20-2004, 05:49 AM
Mutut: You cant say Itachi is the strongest just becasue he said only sharingan users can defeat him,if thats the case then he would go and kick jiraya ass and kidnapp Naurot since ONLY sharingan user can defeat him.

Itachi hasn show anything but playing with some jounins when he kicks Jirayas or Tsunadas ass then is he the strongest. Oro is weaker than them cause he is a freak wo is afriad sharingan and the other sannins arent afraid of it.

Nai
Fri, 08-20-2004, 07:25 AM
i don't know if oro really wants to defeat itachi. i think he wants the sharingan to be able to learn every jutsu in the world.
You're correct on the point of Orochimaru seeking to master all Jutsus, and subsequently become the "Ultimate Being." However, I am rather certain Orochimaru sees Itachi, and Akatsuki, as a threat and competition. Hence why he tried to remove Naruto-kun from the chessboard. Naruto-kun might become an extremely important piece for Akatsuki.

Deezbeez
Fri, 08-20-2004, 08:04 AM
As kai has said 'Itachi, as mentioned before, can only be defeated by a Sharingan user.'

Or possibly gai, since he knows how to fight against Sharingan users.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-20-2004, 08:24 AM
I thought he said only another Sharingan user could defeat him in the conext of once he had started his mangekou (sp?) sharingan technique... that was my understanding of what he said.

NM
Fri, 08-20-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by: Deezbeez
As kai has said 'Itachi, as mentioned before, can only be defeated by a Sharingan user.'

Gai does know how to fight a Sharingan user since he's been training to defeat Kakashi but just because he knows how to fight one doesn't mean he can actually BEAT one. Remember, Gai and Kakashi are on the same level. Itachi can only defeated by a Sharingan user. Kakashi went up against Itachi and Kakashi lost. That means that there's one other person who can take him down and thats Sasuke, the last remaining member of the Uchicha clan.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 08-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
I thought he said only another Sharingan user could defeat him in the conext of once he had started his mangekou (sp?) sharingan technique... that was my understanding of what he said.

Yeah thats what Itachi meant but some people thinkt that he cant lose to a person who doesnt have a sharingan.

piasEnigma
Fri, 08-20-2004, 12:29 PM
itachi is the strongest char. introduced in the anime thus far.

Mut
Fri, 08-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
Mutut: You cant say Itachi is the strongest just becasue he said only sharingan users can defeat him,if thats the case then he would go and kick jiraya ass and kidnapp Naurot since ONLY sharingan user can defeat him.

Itachi hasn show anything but playing with some jounins when he kicks Jirayas or Tsunadas ass then is he the strongest. Oro is weaker than them cause he is a freak wo is afriad sharingan and the other sannins arent afraid of it.

i never said that itachi can flat out kick jiraiya's ass, itachi's is just a bit stronger.

Originally posted by: Deezbeez

omg... don't get into this, it is obvious and proven that gai can't beat itachi with his lame method of fighting sharingan users.

having sharingan is an advantage in a fight no matter what. kakashi and gai are a good example as to why only a sharingan user can defeat another sharingan user. gai had to come up with some stupid method to try to fight against kakashi's ghetto sharingan. it's pretty obvious that not a lot of people can fight like gai can, thus further strengthening the point of what itachi said.

Yeah thats what Itachi meant but some people thinkt that he cant lose to a person who doesnt have a sharingan.

he can't.

piasEnigma
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

he can't.

I wouldnt go as far as to say that he flatly CANNOT be beaten, maybe that is true at this point in time, but the leader of the Akatsuki has yet to be reaveled, and i doubt missing-nin of that class will follow some weak panzy.

(and from what i would like to see, which makes sense everyone will too, Sasuke "should" be the only person able to defete itachi, it is his only reason for exsistance.)

PSJ
Fri, 08-20-2004, 03:20 PM
wow mutata owned everyone in this thread ;P

itachi cant lose to any character that has been introduced so far. he is the strongest.

CrossPunisher
Fri, 08-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Mutata looks like hes out for blood. Duck and cover!

Hakeem_21
Fri, 08-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Mutata: Itachi hasnt shown anything to considred to be strongest so far the only thing he has done is playing with some Jounins.

When he shows something more that for example kicking a sannins ass then will he be strongest.

PSJ
Fri, 08-20-2004, 04:49 PM
hmm maybe you forgot about that orochimaru says he is stronger than him and when he broke out of jiraiyas frog stomach thingy with a jutsu jiraiya hadnt seen before, remember when he went "what is this black flame?"

kupalmaru
Fri, 08-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by: The Noble Blue Beast
Hi everyone, im new to the forum so if this question's been asked and answered please forgive me. When Orochimaru says that Itatchi is stronger than him back in ep. 80 (81?) did he mean before of after losing his arms? Because if he meant before losing his Jitsus, Itatchi must be one hard core mofo. Orochimaru survived fighting the 3rd and 2 Sannin at the same time without his precious arms.

I think Oro is just scared of Itachi.

If you have seen ep 96. Oro said that he is immortal. But even if he is immortal if he got mangekyou he will be in deep trouble. Imagine spending your entire life on a state of shock; like the one that Sasuke is suffering right now.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 08-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Escaping from Jiraya isnt something that makes you strongest.

Oro is a loser who is afraid of sharingan.

IamSpazzy
Fri, 08-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Why is everyone so sure that Itachi is the most powerful person in the Naruto world? Just because he says that no one without the sharingan can beat him? That hardly makes it a good reason. Yes he's really really powerful, but as for can't be beaten. Maybe to the best of his knowledge, but it still doesn't make it impossible. I could say no one in this thread to beat the crap out of me. But I don't think that anyone would believe it, nor does the mere fact of me saying it make it true.

And there is a way of beating Itachi without the Sharingan. Just throw enough ninjas at him. Eventually he'll run out of chakra and get tired. I don't consider wiping out the Uchiha's all that great of an accomplishment, because I don't think he killed them all at once, but rather in small groups where he got the drop on them.

SofaKing
Fri, 08-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Guys, Itachi ran away from Jiraiya because he had used up too much of his Chakra when he used his Mankenyou (sp?) sharingan three times in one day. Once against Kakashi, once against Sasuke, and then once to escape Jaraiya's technique, which Jaraiya used while Itachi was preoccupied with Sasuke.

Oro has shown himself to be the strongest of the Sannin so far, and he himself says that Itachi is stronger.

SofaKing
Fri, 08-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Answers to Itachi vs. Gai nonsense:

#1 Taijitsu is strong against a sharingan user

The sharingan's weakness to taijitsu is being vastly overblown. Let's look at what the sharingan can do:

1) see through taijitsu, ninjitsu, and genjitsu
2) copy taijitsu, ninjitsu, and genjitsu
3) play mind games with the opponent

The sharingan still gives an advantage to it's user on all three points. It helps see the enemy's movements
better, can still copy taijitsu techniques (even if it requires the user to already have the speed to perform
them), and (since the user has likely used it to copy ninjitsu before) provides the user with a wide range of
ninjitsu and genjitsu to use. Furthermore, it requires the taijitsu user to not look into the sharingan user's
eyes, which would make it more difficult for them to fight.

#2 Gai is faster than Kakashi

It's only put Gai ahead by 1 match out of 99, sohow much of an advantage is this going to give him against
Itachi? If anything, it says that Gai has to be faster than a sharingan user just to fight evenly. And Itachi is
faster than Kakashi as well. Much faster.

#3 Itachi left when Gai showed up

Itachi works for a secretive organization pursuing some secret goal. Fighting a huge battle with half of the
ninja in the village isn't the best way to keep a low profile. Remember, Gai said that ANBU were coming
as well.

#4 The Lee vs. Sasuke fight shows what Itachi vs. Gai would be like

Sasuke was just plain weaker than Lee at the time. Just one month afterward, though, Sasuke had caught up
in terms of speed.

Point is, we know that Gai is on the same level as Kakashi, who is far weaker than Itachi. Sasuke on the other
hand, was not at the same level as Lee. Lee had been a Gennin about a year longer than Sasuke). There's
no reason to think that the relative difference between Itachi and Gai is the same as that between Sasuke
and Lee, so using the Lee vs. Sasuke fight as a point of reference is absurd.

#5 But Gai can open up all 8 gates. That would give him enough power to beat Itachi.

Lee was faster than Garaa to begin with, and he still couldn't win even with 4 gates open. Eight gates would
be a larger improvement, but whereas Lee had an advantage, Gai would be coming from a disadvantage.

More importantly, primary loutus takes time to power up, and it's kind of obvious when you're doing it. The
effect also doesn't last for long, and you're finished when it's over. This means that one genjitsu from Itachi
(remember, Itachi's genjitsu counter was good enough to fool Kurenai, who is likely much more proficient
with genjitsu than Gai) could stall Gai long enough for the effect to wear off and for him to be finished. Or
Itachi could create shadow clones and hide among them. Or he could use any other of the hundreds of
techniques that he probably knows to buy 30 seconds of time. After that, Gai's finished.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 08-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by: SofaKing
Guys, Itachi ran away from Jiraiya because he had used up too much of his Chakra when he used his Mankenyou (sp?) sharingan three times in one day. Once against Kakashi, once against Sasuke, and then once to escape Jaraiya's technique, which Jaraiya used while Itachi was preoccupied with Sasuke.

Oro has shown himself to be the strongest of the Sannin so far, and he himself says that Itachi is stronger.

Oro isnt the strongest even with his jutsus so far from what we have seen Tsunade seems to the strongest of the sannin.

riftwing
Fri, 08-20-2004, 08:21 PM
I think you're using it out of context, I'm pretty sure he meant that only a true sharingan user is resistant to his mangekyou sharingan. Although there's no use speculating who can defeat who as it's impossible to tell until they actually fight and pointless anyway.

piasEnigma
Fri, 08-20-2004, 08:28 PM
I will continue to hold my stance, Itachi is the strongest char. introduced thus far.

riftwing
Fri, 08-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by: piasEnigma
I will continue to hold my stance, Itachi is the strongest char. introduced thus far.

Most likely but it's still impossible to tell thus far

Nai
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:38 AM
Oro isnt the strongest even with his jutsus so far from what we have seen Tsunade seems to the strongest of the sannin.It's true that in brute strenght Tsunade is stronger. However, Orochimaru is still the superior one here. Keep in mind that when they fought his arms were crippled, still he put up a very good fight, forcing Tsunade to resort to Genesis Regeneration. And that was while fighting another Sannin as well.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:46 AM
Jiraya didnt do a thing cause he was drugged.

I dont want to get in who is stronger of the sannin cause none of them have fight eachother equally.

My point was and is that Itachi isnt strongest so far cause he hasnt done enything but playing with Kakashi and escaping from Jiraya cause he had used sharingan to much.

Nai
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:00 AM
Jiraya didnt do a thing cause he was drugged.Towards the end, as he summoned Gamabunta, the effects from being drugged had obviously dispersed. But yes, he had a handicap, not as severe as Orochimaru's, but still a handicap.

My point was and is that Itachi isnt strongest so far cause he hasnt done enything but playing with Kakashi and escaping from Jiraya cause he had used sharingan to much.Keep in mind that he single-handedly eliminated the entire Uchiha Clan at young age. He also became an ANBU Squad Leader at a very young age.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:55 AM
From what we saw in the flashback,killing low level uchichas and old people isnt that great thing. Beside killing a clan in which there was normal people without sharingan cause every uchicha doesnt get sharingan,deosnt make you the strongest.

Inazuma Kami
Sat, 08-21-2004, 07:21 AM
Hypothesis
-Itachi can't use his Hijutsu if your eyes are closed, a blind and skillfull ninja can beat him.(Kiba parents?)
-Itachi's mangekyou is usefull against Strong people with Brute force or Skillfull but if Itachi can't match his opponent Willpower his Mangekyou will be cancelled or Uneffective (Ex : Naruto "I won't run away" "i'm not afraid to die ; it's my way of the Ninja !" Lee : If he must fight itachi to protect Sakura or his way of the ninja , he might can resist the Mangekyou for a little while).
-Oro is scared of Sharingan users and if he face too strong people (2 Sannin) he will run away .

Oro vs Hitachi : Hitachi Win
Hitachi vs All Gennins : Hitachi lose ( If Shikamaru lead Neji, Naruto, Lee, Ino, Kiba ..... No Way hitachi can take 'em all at once)

Nai
Sat, 08-21-2004, 08:06 AM
No Way hitachi can take 'em all at onceThey are Gennins for a reason. I reckon Itachi could eliminate them all with little problem. Just look at how he played with Sasuke, one of the stronger Gennins.

lasaire
Sat, 08-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Itachi is totally stronger than Orochimaru.

As for Itachi vs. Jiraiya, you have to look at the personalities of Oro. vs. Itachi. Orochimaru is your typical megalomaniac power-hungry villain. He's certainly got more than your share of ego. Hello, "I want to become a god," anyone?

Itachi however, is much more cunning than Orochimaru. When he realizes his mission has been compromised by drawing too much attention in the Leaf, he's not too proud to retreat, something which Orochimaru only does when he literally can no longer fight. Therefore, he's very much smart enough not to underestimate any enemy he's fighting, which most definately includes Jiraiya.

However, for Orochimaru to admit that Itachi's stronger, coming from a person with an ego like his, who doesn't like to admit ANY weaknesses, that's a very telling admission.

So, Itachi is definately stronger than Oro. The end.

wirm
Sat, 08-21-2004, 11:34 AM
I have to agree with those of you who are being skeptical of Itachi's strength.

We know he is strong, and that he has some special moves that nobody knows about. Then again, we know the same about Kabuto and Orochimaru, so that doesn't mean anything.

We know that Itachi can beat normal jounins easily, but once again, the same has been proven of Oro and Kabuto.

Keep in mind that I'm not making any comparison between Oro or Itachi. I'm just saying that we don't know how strong Itachi is.

All of these people who are saying that Itachi is the strongest character introduced so far are either spoiling from the manga, or making an assumption based on incomplete evidence.

Who cares if Itachi says that nobody but Sasuke can beat him? People talk big, that doesn't mean we have to believe them. I bet Hyuuga Hiashi isn't about to admit that his clan isn't the strongest.

piasEnigma
Sat, 08-21-2004, 12:41 PM
as far as i know the hyuuga is currently the strongest clan in the leaf village, and if sasuke isnt able to defete his brother than his entire exsitance in the SHOW is for nothing, sasukes one and only goal is to become stronger using any meotheds he can.

Edit: and a big congratz to the coumminty for not letting this thread turn to shit.
i am truly enjoying this conversation.

Inazuma Kami
Sat, 08-21-2004, 12:56 PM
The only way to beat Itachi is Good Jounin Skill and Extrem willpower to block his Hijutsu .

You don't got to be a godlike or something with Hokage Skill level .
Itachi is a simple good Jounin with a Sharingan .... and so .... .
He is no match for Hyuuga Clan leader or for any one who can summon a guardian .

Don't Forget , Itachi's Skill are balanced , no Strong spot No weak one , his only advantage is his Sharingan .

***If Gai can learn to fight at 100% blindfolded (Like DareDevil), Itachi will become History in a flash .***

Edit : Gai already learn to counter a Sharingan User (Ep:82). Asuma and Kurenai are aware of the trick to counter Itachi but not used to it.

Souryusen
Sat, 08-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by: Inazuma Kami

Don't Forget , Itachi's Skill are balanced , no Strong spot No weak one , his only advantage is his Sharingan .

Can't forget what I never knew... what ep did they say that in?

Inazuma Kami
Sat, 08-21-2004, 01:49 PM
[i]Originally posted by: Souryusen[\i]
Can't forget what I never knew... what ep did they say that in?

If we look at Sasuke's skill we can expect the same thing with his older bro but with Stronger skill and a greater jutsu knowledge .

Souryusen
Sat, 08-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by: Inazuma Kami
If we look at Sasuke's skill we can expect the same thing with his older bro but with Stronger skill and a greater jutsu knowledge .

I don't know if that's an assumption that one can make with Itachi. "Stronger skill" and "greater jutsu knowledge" can make all the difference. If Sasuke is capable of mimicking Lee then certainly Itachi could do the same with Gai.. and that's assuming he even needs to. He might have been able to copy taijutsu off an even greater master than Gai. Either way it's all just speculation. And truthfully as of yet we really haven't seen Gai lay it down either.

Assertn
Sat, 08-21-2004, 02:41 PM
the reason itachi and kisame were nervous about facing jiraiya is because no ninja wants to provoke a fight against a dangerous adversary.....even IF the adversary may be a little weaker than them.

im pretty sure though, that we'll see other members of the akatsuki that will be stronger than itachi

zachary_milyardo
Sat, 08-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
the reason itachi and kisame were nervous about facing jiraiya is because no ninja wants to provoke a fight against a dangerous adversary.....even IF the adversary may be a little weaker than them.

im pretty sure though, that we'll see other members of the akatsuki that will be stronger than itachi

If Itachi were strongest member of akatsuki he wouldn't be the one one risking his ass going to Konoha to retrieve Naruto. Itachi knew of Oro's recent attack and if he started something serious he would have every ninja in the village on his ass. Far as we know the Sharingan can affect only one person at a time, which would mean an ass kicking for Itachi.

Mut
Sat, 08-21-2004, 03:43 PM
this thread is full of people that don't know what they're talking about just blabbering on.

wirm
Sat, 08-21-2004, 03:55 PM
this thread is full of people that don't know what they're talking about just blabbering on.

There's no need for that.

Just because people don't read the manga doesn't mean that they don't know what they are talking about. Nor does it mean that you are any better or smarter than they are.

It just means that they (we) are in an earlier part of the series, and are making do with what facts have been given.

There is nothing wrong with speculation.

The problem arises when a manga reader comes in and says something like "only Sasuke will ever be able to beat Itachi."

That just tells all of the non-manga readers that from now on, in any future fight that Itachi is involved in, he'll never lose unless it's against Sasuke.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 08-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Also just shows extreme bias... as wirm said we are only going by the facts we know right now by the anime.

Mut
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by: wirm

There's no need for that.

Just because people don't read the manga doesn't mean that they don't know what they are talking about. Nor does it mean that you are any better or smarter than they are.

It just means that they (we) are in an earlier part of the series, and are making do with what facts have been given.

There is nothing wrong with speculation.

this is exactly what i'm talking about. just because i said what i said, that doesn't mean it's not speculation. in fact, it is. i've never included my manga knowledge when discussing in the anime forum.

The problem arises when a manga reader comes in and says something like "only Sasuke will ever be able to beat Itachi."

That just tells all of the non-manga readers that from now on, in any future fight that Itachi is involved in, he'll never lose unless it's against Sasuke.

how do you know that what i said is fact? just because some of us read the manga that doesn't mean that we spoil. you're just ruining the outcome of the story for yourselves thinking that way.

Also just shows extreme bias... as wirm said we are only going by the facts we know right now by the anime.

there is no bias. and who are you to say that i'm not only going by the facts we know right now by the anime?

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:13 PM
I don't see the problem in this topic... Really, i don't... Orochimaru said that Itachi was too strong for him. Itachi said that if he fought Jiraya, the outcome would probably be bad for them both.

I mean, just listen to what they say in the anime and there wont be any of these stupid topics

Hakeem_21
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:32 PM
this thread is full of <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56) that don't know what they're talking about just blabbering on.

You are the one saying Itachi is the strongest without saying why he is the strongest.......

Jessper
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:01 PM

this thread is full of <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56) that don't know what they're talking about just blabbering on.

You are the one saying Itachi is the strongest without saying why he is the strongest.......

Yes, because we have so many facts to work with showing his strength. We will just have to wait and see, though I would bet that Itachi could beat anyone in the series as it stands now.

chambers
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:11 PM
i originally was of the opinion that jira was the strongest, due to itachi being scared of him, and oro being scared of itachi.l but seeing the sannins fight.........you have to say oro is the strongest, but fucking miles and miles. yes jira was drugged so what? oro had no godamn arms ffs!!

but if people are going to take things that people in naruto say (when in a serious fram of mind) then doesnt someone say during the neji-hinta fight that nejis ability i stronger than sharingan? threfore its reasonable to assume that amaster of that technique (wich neji will almost inevitably become) could beat a sharingan user of similer levels.

wirm
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:28 PM

this is exactly what i'm talking about. just because i said what i said, that doesn't mean it's not speculation. in fact, it is. i've never included my manga knowledge when discussing in the anime forum.

how do you know that what i said is fact? just because some of us read the manga that doesn't mean that we spoil. you're just ruining the outcome of the story for yourselves thinking that way.

there is no bias. and who are you to say that i'm not only going by the facts we know right now by the anime?

Come now, those statements contradict themselves.

In any case, I can't count the number of replies you've made to speculation that are just the word "no". This shows no hesitation and now ambiguity.

So unless we are to assume that you lie a lot, then when you say something, I expect it to be true.

I'm not trying to start an argument. My post was just in reply to your comment about people here not knowing what they're talking about.

Raposo_C
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Well ... this is my first post on these forums and I would like to say hi to everyone.

now the reason i chose this thread to post because for a while i have been thinking of what would happen lets say if the series jumps twenty years in the future and Negi and Sasuke were to fight.

Now I am a fan of Negi not only for the fighting style they gave him and the bykaguue(not sure on the spelling but the freaky eyes is enough description i think) but also the family heritage as being the most noble and guessing highborn in Konoha.

What i think is Itachi is not the strongest, nor is Sharingen, its a jutsu bassically like any other ... yes a blood limit, but as i understand it in the series thus far (just downloading the latest torrent atm) so is Neji's technique, and like Kakashi said, unlike the Sharingen, Neji can see almost full 360 degrees and brings in insight. Not sure if he could trap you in a similar place like Itachi does with his mangekou (sp) but then again ... who knows yet.

What i think is either Jiriah or Orochomaru are strong in both techniques and physically like all sennins, and Itachi as far as I can see is not in pure gut strength ... but the Sharingen is his advantage.

He is lets face it a master with those damn eyes, and all he has to do is capture you in them and BANG you screwed, your ass is handed to you in a silver plater.

But ... if you could avoid it and beat it threw willpower alone (IE Naruto, or Sasuke - not yet but soon maybe) the shock of it would by you enough time to take him out.

I don't see the anime in staking Itachi as the ultimate villian, or anyone else, there has got to be someone a little better at any given moment. In all honesty, i think Kabuto is wayyyy better then Naruto, and could easily have beaten him, but he likes to play around and thats his problem and that gave Naruto the second just to beat Kabuto (regardless if he somehow hit Naruto back equally as hard).

So really thus far ... Oro and Itachi i would say is an even match, they could never fight eachother because there is no guarentee if either could win, and lets face it, all you have to really do is kill Oro, or atleast criple him from using chakra and his immortality power trip falls apart.

Mut
Sat, 08-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by: wirm
Come now, those statements contradict themselves.

In any case, I can't count the number of replies you've made to speculation that are just the word "no". This shows no hesitation and now ambiguity.

So unless we are to assume that you lie a lot, then when you say something, I expect it to be true.

I'm not trying to start an argument. My post was just in reply to your comment about people here not knowing what they're talking about.

the hell are you talking about, there are no contradictions. maybe you didn't quite understand what i said, not big a deal since i don't think i made my self 100% clear anyway.

when i say 'no' in a response to certain topics that means that the topic question requires zero thought and no clarification/explanation because the answer is just that damn obvious. for example, the thing about tsunade's strength being a bloodline limit. i have no idea why this was even asked as a question when it's pretty obvious that if one has a special ability, it is clearly explained. why try to ignore the obvious and the truth and try to think otherwise coming up with random theories?

EDIT: as for the last sentence above, yeah, yeah, it's a forum. a forum is where we discuss anything and everything.

Deezbeez
Sat, 08-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Could we try to stay on topic?

Could Oro beat Itachi? The answer is no.

kupalmaru
Sun, 08-22-2004, 12:14 AM
Itachi's greatest wepon is the sharingan.

Probably one of Oro's greatest wepon is his ability to recruit people to fight and do the dirty work for him. Im talking about the like of Kabuto, the three student during the chunnin exam and maybe Anko.

Even if you cut Oro's leg, he is still as dangerous as the one who have arms and legs.

Itachi has the sharingan but Oro have a lots of pawns that he can use. Maybe Oro can use his pawn, his recruit, to slow down Itachi.

PS: In my OPINION Oro's pawn are the same as Kiba's dog and Shino's bugs because they are willing to die for him..

Halo2298
Sun, 08-22-2004, 02:26 AM
Well, I don't know who the strongest one is, but Orochimaru said that Itachi was stronger than him, and that he wouldn't have to get Sasuke if he could have gotten Itachi. Of course, I like to think that Gai could've kicked Itachi's butt... and maybe he could, but I don't think that Gai can do it entirely of his own merit. I haven't heard anyone else comment on it, but from the way Kisami talks to Itachi about his Sharingan, it seems that Itachi is afflicted with the same cursed seal that Orochimaru placed on Sasuke. To quote "But Itachi-san, don't use that eye too much or it may be dangerous." Right after he says this, it goes to a close-up of Itachi and his eyes are straining. This is why I think that Itachi fled from Jiraiya. Not because Jiraiya was too powerful, but because Itachi was getting close to having his cursed seal break loose. That would limit Itachi in many ways because all you'd have to do then is avoid the Sharingan and wear him out of Chakra. Itachi is definitely not the strongest, though, because otherwise, he'd be running Akatsuki and sending other people to look for Naruto. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 08-22-2004, 02:29 AM
Halo are you saying Itachi has a cursed seal? Since when did Itachi have a cursed seal?

Mut
Sun, 08-22-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by: Halo2298
I haven't heard anyone else comment on it, but from the way Kisami talks to Itachi about his Sharingan, it seems that Itachi is afflicted with the same cursed seal that Orochimaru placed on Sasuke. To quote "But Itachi-san, don't use that eye too much or it may be dangerous." Right after he says this, it goes to a close-up of Itachi and his eyes are straining. This is why I think that Itachi fled from Jiraiya. Not because Jiraiya was too powerful, but because Itachi was getting close to having his cursed seal break loose. That would limit Itachi in many ways because all you'd have to do then is avoid the Sharingan and wear him out of Chakra.

lol... dude, that's like completely wrong and not even possible. the reason why kisame said is because not because itachi was using his sharingan but because he he his mangekyou sharingan too many times. it has nothing to do with curse seals.

logic
Sun, 08-22-2004, 03:21 AM
Stop flaming people because they speculate on something, there has been nothing in the manga that would tell anyone one way or the other, so even if, and I emphasize this, if, manga readers used manga information, we still could not spoil it, literally. Jeez..

As to my contribution, I think this entire debate is void. Orichimaru stated himself, that he is not a match for itachi. Depending on which sub you watched, it was something along the likes of 'itachi is beyond my grasp now, he is even stronger then I am', blah blah blah.

Itach > Orichimaru

Now, we could get extremely technical, and break it down. Itachi could kick oro's ass, but, would he die, or could oro escape, considering he is extremely good at that? But whatever, it remains the same, Itachi is currently better then Oro.

I need to sleep.

SofaKing
Sun, 08-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Oro isnt the strongest even with his jutsus so far from what we have seen Tsunade seems to the strongest of the sannin.

You're joking, right? She was barely able to fight Kabuto. As it was, Oro took an incredible beating and held up quite well, despite the fact that taijitsu isn't his strongest suit. If Oro could use his arms, Tsunade would be toast.

kooshi
Sun, 08-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Jeez, this is still going?? Well, I'll just put my two cents in and say that Itachi is slightly (note that SLIGHTLY) stronger than Orochimaru.

PSJ
Mon, 08-23-2004, 03:59 AM
itachi is the strongest.

and to whoever said that tsunade seems to be the storngest sannin, what the hell have you been watching? all she got is healing jutsus and strength. she havent shown any ninjutsu or genjutsu at all.

Inazuma Kami
Mon, 08-23-2004, 05:40 AM
No Ninjutsu !? Tsunade can use Kage Bunshin , Nerv Kick , Irou Ninjutsu (Medic Skills) and KuchiYose .

(Eps:97 ) Tsunade can keep up with the number of Naruto's kage Bunshin.

Raven
Mon, 08-23-2004, 06:52 AM
*Cough* That was Shizune. OMG, are you serious?

DB_Hunter
Mon, 08-23-2004, 06:52 AM
You know what I think it's all up in the air right now... all 3 Sanin had handicaps.. Oro no arms, Jiraiya was drugged and Tsunade was fighting after a long time.

I guess you would only be able to say for sure is when they all rumbled at full strength... though I wonder how that would work with all 3 of them fighting at once...

Inazuma Kami
Mon, 08-23-2004, 08:17 AM
*Heh?* Didn't see it in full, Sorry .

gokudagreat
Mon, 08-23-2004, 08:53 AM
at the end of naruto, when the final battles happens, god do i wish naruto beats itachi instead of sasuke, just to piss off all you people who think only a shirangan user could

Kaka
Mon, 08-23-2004, 09:58 AM
if thats a spoiler does he get banned from these forums?

DraGunZer0
Mon, 08-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by: gokudagreat
at the end of naruto, when the final battles happens, god do i wish naruto beats itachi instead of sasuke, just to piss off all you people who think only a shirangan user could

If that were to happen.... then wouldn't sasuke's whole character development be pointless?

Zansatsu
Mon, 08-23-2004, 11:04 AM

In the very near future of Naruto, when Naruto meets Itachi again, god do I wish Itachi beats the hell out of Naruto. That annoying prick.

Inazuma Kami
Mon, 08-23-2004, 12:24 PM
And what About Sakura Vs. Itachi ? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Mon, 08-23-2004, 12:44 PM
You know what I think it's all up in the air right now... all 3 Sanin had handicaps.. Oro no arms, Jiraiya was drugged and Tsunade was fighting after a long time.

I guess you would only be able to say for sure is when they all rumbled at full strength... though I wonder how that would work with all 3 of them fighting at once...

lol, i thought you had figured it out when i first read "all 3 sanin had handicaps".....but tsunade's wasnt "fighting after a long time", it was her fear of blood

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 08-23-2004, 12:53 PM
to even start a discussion on thi, sigh so pointless Itachi is stronger then Oro close this damn topic the answer was in the anime if you didn't catch it why are you even here your definately not paying attention to the story if you even think that oro could be stronger then itachi

DB_Hunter
Mon, 08-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

lol, i thought you had figured it out when i first read "all 3 sanin had handicaps".....but tsunade's wasnt "fighting after a long time", it was her fear of blood

How would you know it was my post if i didnt do a boo boo like that i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Na but the reason I said that was Kabuto said something like that when he got hit by the nerve attack.

Assertn
Mon, 08-23-2004, 03:47 PM
huh? i knew it was your post cause your name was next to it i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

yeah but once she got over her fear of blood, tsunade gained control of that entire fight
she was the strongest of the 3 sanin for the remainder of that battle

wirm
Mon, 08-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Gotta give props to Oro to survive a beating like that.

He just stood up at the end and acted like nothing happened.

I thought someone had said one hit from Tsunade would cause death. She pumped up that last punch with some chakra too.

Man, Oro must be freaking flexible to roll with those punches.

Voltage
Mon, 08-23-2004, 06:32 PM
He was gonna get another body anyway, no use in trying to protect the useless one.

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 08-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Inazuma Kami, she would die... and on topic, Itachi stronger than Oro -.-

aznj50
Mon, 08-23-2004, 10:35 PM
orochaimaru is the craziest!

wirm
Thu, 08-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by: Voltage
He was gonna get another body anyway, no use in trying to protect the useless one.

It'd be funny to see him try with his dead hands. Of course, he could probably use Kabuto as a proxy.

But what body would he take? I'm sure he took that girl's body for a reason.

logic
Mon, 08-30-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by: DraGunZer0

If that were to happen.... then wouldn't sasuke's whole character development be pointless?

And if sasuke's whole character development turns out to be pointless, he can be tossed away.

Point of that?

a better anime.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

And to the mods, Shouldn't people that spoil be reprimanded.

Another word for 'wattage' is the user who spoiled.

I'm drunk

BurnMyFaith
Mon, 08-30-2004, 03:55 AM
Back on topic and such about Sharingan, speed, blah blah blah. It's already been proven quite obviously that Itachi is pretty quick himself. I can't recal the EXACT moment or ep, but even when Kakashi (or was it Jiraiya?) was using his Sharingan, Itachi made some seals to counter/escape without anybody seeing..That right there proves to some minor extent at least that he's not ALL sharingan, he's fast and no doubt hasn't shown the pinacle of his abilities.