PDA

View Full Version : ANBU Naruto 97 OUT!!

stos289
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:54 PM
You can get it here (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/). That was quick, I wonder how the quality/encoding will be. Anyway if you prefer ANBU to AonE then I suggest you go get it!

Solensean
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Indeed fast.

Eurasian
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:20 PM
yah, i also hope the speed subbing doesn't interfere w/ their quality.

Solensean
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:24 PM
It does interfere with the d/l speed :-)
2.7 kb/s....
Shit.

riftwing
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:29 PM
The quality is fine, I don't think AonE has ever released anything that wasn't of high quality.

Solensean
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Aren't we speaking about the anbu release, here ?

Assertn
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by: Solensean
It does interfere with the d/l speed :-)
2.7 kb/s....
Shit.

sucks to be you, im dling at 146 k/s i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

GLS
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:07 PM
It was pretty normal speed for me.

watching this with AH's version in another window, playing at the exact same time, I liked AH's version better.

Knives122
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:16 PM
wow someone has no life i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PrinceMarth
Thu, 08-19-2004, 09:42 PM
ANBU completely wins. The AonE version is a shell of its former self, but ANBU is bringing quality translations quickly. The only thing that I like more for AonE than ANBU is the opening karaoke, AonE did an amazing job on that and ANBU's, frankly, sucks. I'm not gonna bother downloading AonE's version now, cause I delete episodes after I get them now to save HD space.

piasEnigma
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:21 PM
i liked AH more than the ANBU version, and well.. AH is garbage.

Jed
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by: PrinceMarth
ANBU completely wins. The AonE version is a shell of its former self, but ANBU is bringing quality translations quickly. The only thing that I like more for AonE than ANBU is the opening karaoke, AonE did an amazing job on that and ANBU's, frankly, sucks. I'm not gonna bother downloading AonE's version now, cause I delete episodes after I get them now to save HD space.

aone released already and i dont have it yet? what the!?!??

Ciber
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:32 PM

Can i borrow your time machine? i/expressions/rolleye.gif

kage_bunshin
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Well I think i'll be downloading both versions for a while until I decide which is better.
But probably i'll keep the AonE versions coz they got the same font and stuff

Assertn
Fri, 08-20-2004, 12:31 AM
yeah im guessing aone might win this one

basey44
Fri, 08-20-2004, 12:49 AM

lol gj princemarth but Aone hasnt been released yet

Dark Zero
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:38 AM
Lets put it this way, ANBU will be out faster then aone..heheh i dont really care which intro karaoke is better, what matters is the quality *although* its not as good as aone but the pixels is a little to high for aone, and the quality for the translation*hands down* to crustol. and yeah ANBU is totally makin me happy knowin naruto will be on at a certain day now. not flaking on aone i just dont really care about how perfect it should be anymore.. but when aone and anbu where together at the time..they kick sooo much ass!

Nai
Fri, 08-20-2004, 03:44 AM
Fast indeed. But speed doesn't seem to get along with quality. I'll stick to AonE.

Raven
Fri, 08-20-2004, 03:47 AM
I had both ANBU and AonE's versions of 95-96, and I had them playing side by side. The video quality in AonE's version was vastly superior - I really didn't expect it to be that much of a difference, but I saw it with my own eyes. The sound on the other hand was pretty similar. AonE also words things a bit differently; better, IMHO.

I think I'll wait for AonE.

PrinceMarth
Fri, 08-20-2004, 04:08 AM
Um... I'm not talking about episode 97, just in general. AonE has good karaoke. That's the only thing it has above ANBU. It's not like episode 97 has a different opening than 96 or anything, so I don't see why that point wouldn't be valid. Everything else I said about AonE was based on 95-96. I'm just saying that I'm not gonna bother downloading AonE's version, cause I just don't see the point. AonE isn't better to the extent that it's worth the extra week they take. It takes another week just to see the familiar karaoke and subtitle fonts, it's not worth it.

Ciber
Fri, 08-20-2004, 06:19 AM
Um... I'm not talking about episode 97, just in general. AonE has good karaoke. That's the only thing it has above ANBU. It's not like episode 97 has a different opening than 96 or anything, so I don't see why that point wouldn't be valid. Everything else I said about AonE was based on 95-96. I'm just saying that I'm not gonna bother downloading AonE's version, cause I just don't see the point. AonE isn't better to the extent that it's worth the extra week they take. It takes another week just to see the familiar karaoke and subtitle fonts, it's not worth it.

Just get A-H then, they are even faster than ANBU. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

DraGunZer0
Fri, 08-20-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by: kage_bunshin
Well I think i'll be downloading both versions for a while until I decide which is better.
But probably i'll keep the AonE versions coz they got the same font and stuff

Doing the same thing, I'll give it about another 5 or 6 eps before sticking to one of the subbers.

NL|MegaMika
Fri, 08-20-2004, 06:48 AM
AonE has good karaoke. That's the only thing it has above ANBU.
No, that's you opinion.

It takes another week just to see the familiar karaoke and subtitle fonts, it's not worth it.
[b]I think it is, since I use SM for RAW, AH for speedsub and AonE for quality and burning to DVD.

I'm not even downloading the ANBU, they greatly disappointed me last week.

rainstorm
Fri, 08-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Nah, I'm going to stick to AonE. I'm planning on rewatching all of my eps from the beginning when I was getting them all from either scarywater or Kazaa to make sure I stick to one translation. Besides, there's something about AonE that I just like. Can't quite put my finger on it.

GAara_master
Fri, 08-20-2004, 11:42 AM
still dl
i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

kazuki_hikaru
Tue, 08-24-2004, 03:42 AM
I don't think many people who are staying with ANBU would come here, but I really don't see what everyone here is talking about. Personally I still think it's too early too tell but I don't like how AonE has been putting more curses in the subs in the last 2 episodes. That was one thing I admired about the AonE-ANBU version in the first place, the translations were done well, and I know that curse words are almost non-existant in the Japanese language, so while I never got too far in my second year of learning Japanese, I know a few small things about it, and I'm slightly more impressed with ANBU's version right now. Hopefully, AonE pulls through in the end.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 08-24-2004, 05:24 AM
kazuki_hikaru..think you are off on that, about Japanese not having swear words because they do. For example, I have an electronic handheld Japanese dictionary from Japan and I can find all the swear words in there in Japanese, but in essence it really comes down to context. Kuso, chikushou, and the likes can be translated as swear words or as things like "shoot" "crap" mainly on the context of it, but unless you are a native speaker or really undersatnd the language then I don't think you can say that it wasn't a swear word. Also I read an article about the show parents of children hated the most in Japan and it was crayon shin chan and the reason was because of "vulgar language" so yah, they have it.
So I don't think you should be blaming the translators, because translating is not an easy thing and with words like that you can't necissarily say they translated wrong.

Assertn
Tue, 08-24-2004, 11:56 AM
in sonic X, sonic clearly says "shit" in the 2nd episode........and im saying in english, so there's no translation discrepancy
and sonic x is as child-centered as you can get without entering pokemon territory too

its just that swear words dont offend people in japan like they might in other countries