PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 97 Discussion

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:30 AM
That. Was. HORRIBLE.

Well of course the Jiraiya scenes were pretty funny and Shizune's screams are as hilarious as always... BUT! This was TEH SUK. And next week... more filler!

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:54 AM
if they make an entire arc of this crap i might just stop watching till they continue the story this was stupid did you see how naruto looked with his hair all wet now that's fucked up they trying to make a cute anime character out of him or something, it's not cute

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:59 AM
Er, I don't wanna sound queer or nuthin, but Naruto has always been on the cute side as far as character designs go.

I was surprisingly entertained being that it was filler. Lots of ninja trickery I say!

I liked this better than one of those episodes thats all flashback.

basey44
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:00 AM
aw its still downloading. come on, come on

basey44
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:56 AM
haha that episode was sick wicked. Jiraiyas bath adventures were funny as, i liked the way nothing really happened and everyone pretty much ran around in circles

Shuurai
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:57 AM
It wasent too bad, Funny at times, Filler!

Uchiha-Itachi
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:05 AM
How do you guys define filler? "omfg there is no action so i just called it a filler"

hooray for the simplemindedness.. you all get a balloon =^.^=

Cion
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Filler is when it not in the manga and takes a break from the current storyline.
Something like that.

Shuurai
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:08 AM
*Pops Ballon Using Rasengan*

Heh!

Uchiha-Itachi
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by: Cion
Filler is when it not in the manga and takes a break from the current storyline.
Something like that.

thats utterly nonsense, why does everything has to be like the manga.. djees.. and whats taking a break from a storyline in your eyes?

Cion
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:33 AM
Since its based on the manga and the anime is catching up
they do things like this, that what i thought at least.

NL|MegaMika
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:36 AM
Horrible indeed. Those silly attemps to be funny failed for the full 100%. Come on, the Jiraiya parts during Naruto's training for the third exam were great, but this crap didn't make sense at all. For the first time since episode 1 aired almost two years ago, I am NOT looking forward to the next ep.

Uchiha-Itachi
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:36 AM
yeh but its still stupid to say if one thing maybe doesnt match manga, to flame the anime or even called it a filler..

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:51 AM
I think thought this was totally un-related to the manga.

It almost seemed like an another anime... though it did have its funny bits at times... though Jiraya's bath antics were a bit predictable... except the monkies ofcourse... I was like who the hell though of that one?

basey44
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:10 AM
it wasnt that bad, i guess i was in the right mood to see something like this tonite, anywayz im not really looking foreward to the next arc

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:20 AM
filler is something not in the manga by now they should've been back in konoha but no they had to make a detoru and make some crap up that never happened, uchiha-itachi we have every right to call this filler because it isn't part of the original story, people watching the anime get a ripped of version

AlbinoFury
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:56 AM
its not even very original filler, i mean hmm kage bunshin chase scenes, i believe i have seen that before in another filler ep lol.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha-Itachi
yeh but its still stupid to say if one thing maybe doesnt match manga, to flame the anime or even called it a filler..

This is not about flaming, this is a fact. A filler is not even necessarily something negative to say. There are good fillers. There are bad fillers. But this episode was a filler BECAUSE that is WHAT IT IS. Which is something the animators need to do so they don't run out of manga to go on with. This happened with shows like Rurouni Kenshin, and trust me, catching up to the manga is pure hell when it comes to what must be done instead. In the case of Kenshin it was 30 filler episodes with plot written by the director's dog and as a result people lost interest and the last part of the Kenshin manga, arguably the best, never became anime.

SK
Thu, 08-19-2004, 09:25 AM
this episode was GARBAGE and Uchiha-Itachi lmao your the noob, rofl.

Masamune
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:10 AM
some comic relief isnt too bad , but i think we all see it a little worse then it actually is , in anticipation of whats to come.

Inazuma Kami
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:16 AM
Erff ..... i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

riftwing
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Next episode should be better since it'll be back on track.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:30 PM
It will?

Xollence
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
It will?

It will.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Yay! Must have misunderstood the 'next episode' thing then. I don't remember anything about a letter...

Edit: OH WAIT YES!!! Now I remember. Can't wait to next week i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Jed
Thu, 08-19-2004, 02:26 PM
It sucked =P

sakura
Thu, 08-19-2004, 03:06 PM
I thought it was a good filler episode there has to be more to life than fighting to save your friends i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.

deadlydreamx
Thu, 08-19-2004, 03:28 PM
well i liked this episode even though some people say it was crap i enjoy a few laughs and not all seriousness all the time

Cal_kashi
Thu, 08-19-2004, 03:49 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! That was completely worthless! BHwahahahahahahaa

the_real_apa
Thu, 08-19-2004, 04:22 PM
That was not Naruto....hope next one is better...

theblakeman
Thu, 08-19-2004, 04:25 PM
This episode was VERY weak in content and concept. Just a pointless little episode that really doesn't even need to be watched...but oh well, I don't mind so much, but this episode was definately poor even for filler.

kaigan
Thu, 08-19-2004, 04:51 PM
blows fucking cow balls.

SeifeR
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:03 PM
it was pretty funny i thought, like when naruto disguised himself as shizune and took tsunades bag , i found that to be funny

?igma
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha-Itachi

Something like that.

thats utterly nonsense, why does everything has to be like the manga.. djees.. and whats taking a break from a storyline in your eyes?

Its utter truth. That which does not follow the manga, IS a break in the storyline and it was just proven by this episode.

first of all, Maybe someone else noticed, but the drawing was SERIOUSLY fucked up in the first 5 min, maybe my eyes got used to it later on, but wow man, I almost thought I was watching 80MB rips of DBZ ~~

second, the humor was a bit off, jiraiya in the tube for once or twice is funny, not 5 times in a row, plzzz ~~

third, there was no story, only lameness~~ total lameness

theblakeman
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:38 PM
Full Metal Alchemist doesn't follow its manga on numerous occassions, does that make the episodes which dont follow the manga filler? : /

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:53 PM
blakeman fma is a totally different thing because the story of fma's manga is totally different naruto has been following the manga almost perfectly so when an anime follows it's manga counter part almost perfectly and they air something that wasn't in the manga it's considered filler

Hayabusa
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Well, from the beginning FMA didn't follow the manga. Naruto on the other hand, pretty much went along with the exact same storyline from the beginning up until now. And even when they put in filler before, it was just for part of the episode and not the whole thing. Biggest example was the episode when Naruto was heading off to the stadium for the second round of fighting in the Chuunin exam. At least they managed to have something pertaining to the story in that episode. But to put a complete episode of something unrelated to the story and insert it like nothing happened is pretty weak. They could have tossed it in as a special or something and gotten away with it. I almost feel like not archiving this ep. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Halo2298
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
filler is something not in the manga by now they should've been back in konoha but no they had to make a detoru and make some crap up that never happened, uchiha-itachi we have every right to call this filler because it isn't part of the original story, people watching the anime get a ripped of version

Well, I wouldn't say that. I mean, filler eps are stuff that aren't in the manga, and they're created to give time for the manga to get sufficiently ahead of the anime again. How can you call that getting ripped? I mean, the anime watchers are getting MOVING pictures in FULL COLOR, and even EXTRA stuff that you manga readers don't get. So, hurray for filler!

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:13 PM
well if your happy with getting crappy animation, boring plot, and no action i guess filler is meant for you, people who watch/read naruto for the story and not some bright flashy colors on some crappy art, i don't need your EXTRAS and COLOR give me the detailed black and white manga which looks way better then the anime ever has, the manga ownz the anime, the anime is just a butchered version of the real thing where holes get blasted into people and kunais pierce trough palms not gets stuck between two fingers, oh yeah enjoy your moving colors the only thing good about it is that it's animated that's all

Eurasian
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:19 PM
man, i was going to say for a filler, it's not as bad as i thought it would be...but i'm afraid of getting criticized...

tonton is just the coolest pig ever. he's a dog-pig.

riftwing
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Get over it. Naruto almost follows the manga page for page unlike most animated series based off manga. 1 episode out of 97 was comprised entirely of original story, that's pretty good. The only reason why they put "filler" in is because they want to postpone the anime catching up to manga as much as possible, there's nothing they can really do about it. Yes the episode sucked but it'll be back on track with the next episode so stop complaining.

Artic
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Wow... that was truly horrible. The music was bad, and was it me or did Naruto's voice change? Eitherway, I hope they are back on track soon. I like the show too much for this to ruin it but man that was sub par.

Solensean
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:34 PM
People complaining... Again... About FREE stuff...
Hey, guys, just read the manga, and stfu.

Artic
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Way ahead of you i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Knives122
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:54 PM
I wonder if anyone forgot about the new character they're putting in the anime after the movie that'll help the anime slow down a bit

Eurasian
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:34 PM
what new character??

Knives122
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:37 PM
you dont remember about the people saying that a new character will be introduced(separate from the manga) in the anime after the movie was released

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Was this just idle chit chat or something based on evidence?

sasuke-kun!!
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:46 PM
hmm, i dont mind filler.. when its funny.. or something i haven't seen before...
hmm a kage bushin chase.. how many of those have we seen now?
from the preview last week i was thinkin "a hot springs episode huh? its time for ero-sennin to shine!!" BUT NO... it wasn't funny at all.
how dissapointing

Knives122
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:47 PM
it was at basically every naruto site out there

RasenDori
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:14 PM
heres a better diffinition (or difinitions) of filler- 1)an episode or episode that does not help the progression of the whole story 2)episodes that were created with the sole purpose of widening the gap between the anime and manga
in this case...this crappy ep. has fit both parts of the difinition.unfourtunately with many breaks that were in the manga recently, the anime has been moving closer and closer to the manga. i expect mor BS episodes like this in the near future

Eurasian
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:25 PM
it's "definitions."

and yah, i do think they'll have more fillers later on. i thought this arc will be MUCH longer, but it wasn't.

Assertn
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by: theblakeman
Full Metal Alchemist doesn't follow its manga on numerous occassions, does that make the episodes which dont follow the manga filler? : /

yes, yes they do
for one thing, filler is defined as stuff that isnt in the manga thats put in the anime to extend it. It's not meant to be derogatory in any way, but it becomes associated as bad because people simply dont like most fillers.

and frankly, the stuff like that guy who put the souls of females into manneqins or the girl thief with the cards were somewhat painful to ever see more than once. Although i do like what they did with the 5th lab and such, but thats different since they mingle the filler INTO the actual plot.....just as how extending the 3rd's fight vs the 1st and 2nd was much more satisfying than this newest ep.

and what makes you guys so sure the next ep wont be filler either? im pretty sure that it will be

complich8
Thu, 08-19-2004, 11:04 PM
next episode will carry on with the manga progression, it looks like from the preview title.

I think they threw a little filler in to slow down the breakneck pace they took in the last episode .... basically one week, two episodes, and what was it, 4 or 5 chapters of manga covered? Yeah, they added filler. Better than trying to draw out a nice battle sequence into 4 parts, IMO.

D'oh
Thu, 08-19-2004, 11:19 PM
What are you guys talking about? That episode rocked. I mean Senta and Bunzo finally got to go home i/expressions/rolleye.gif Almost made me cry.

Uukog42
Thu, 08-19-2004, 11:48 PM
and what makes you guys so sure the next ep wont be filler either? im pretty sure that it will beI dont know why there was no preview in saiyamans raw and AH's version. But you can watch the preview here: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/naruto/story_f.html . since your a manga reader, as you can see next ep is not filler.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Uchiha-Itachi, you got some nerve making your actual sig claim the definition of filler, and then state something that is completely WRONG.

The DEFINITION of "filler" is ANYTHING in the anime that is not in the manga. And calling an episode filler is not meant to be an insult to it, but is a simple statement of fact.

Some people certainly have the opinion that all filler is bad. Others don't, but just because someone says the episode was filler doesn't mean they thought it sucked.

The contents of this episode are not in the manga, thus, it is filler. The End.

CUE
Fri, 08-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Meh, it was filler.

But it wasn't that bad, there're worse naruto episodes around.

I rather liked shizune's expressions/voice.

jing
Fri, 08-20-2004, 12:22 AM
I guess you could call this a character development episode -_-"......

Hotsuma
Fri, 08-20-2004, 12:25 AM
It wasn't bad. Shizune is damn fine in the anime. I like how she can do kagebunshins, too.

Assertn
Fri, 08-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by: Uukog42

and what makes you guys so sure the next ep wont be filler either? im pretty sure that it will beI dont know why there was no preview in saiyamans raw and AH's version. But you can watch the preview here: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/naruto/story_f.html . since your a manga reader, as you can see next ep is not filler.

oh.....from what the title said it sounded like it was some filler about tsunade having second thoughts about being hokage or something gay like that......

WOOO the next ep is gonna rock! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

basey44
Fri, 08-20-2004, 12:46 AM
yay i recognise those pics, hooray next ep is not filler

hikara
Fri, 08-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Fillers are when they let the interns out of the closet and give them the chance to come up with episodes.

PSJ
Fri, 08-20-2004, 03:21 PM
great next ep is a good one.

marZey
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:26 AM
i didnt mind the filler, didnt know since im not up to there in the manga since i just started reading the manga, i thought it was entertaining anyways.
It was a funny offplot episode, and i thought it did well for a "filler" as u people call it

Shi_No_Shikaku
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:37 AM

How is it catchung up isn't the manga on like 229 of something really what there has to be a 180 something gap......

Masamune
Sat, 08-21-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by: Shi_No_Shikaku

How is it catchung up isn't the manga on like 229 of something really what there has to be a 180 something gap......

not really , anime manga compared we're at chapter 172.
the manga is up 227 .

Assertn
Sat, 08-21-2004, 12:41 PM
yeah.....its possible that a little over a year from now the anime will catch up completely with the manga at the rate they've been goin

jing
Sat, 08-21-2004, 01:20 PM
I read somewhere that the Naruto Anime will have a subquest on its own....

Knyteguy
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Fillers are necessary when the anime closes in on the manga, so just kick back, relax, and watch or don't watch the episode. The only complaint I have is they could have done something less comedy based, like have Naruto training or something along those lines.

DraGunZer0
Sat, 08-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by: NL|MegaMika
Horrible indeed. Those silly attemps to be funny failed for the full 100%. Come on, the Jiraiya parts during Naruto's training for the third exam were great, but this crap didn't make sense at all. For the first time since episode 1 aired almost two years ago, I am NOT looking forward to the next ep.

TEH LIES! it did not fail to be funny! You have to laugh at atleast one moment so your full 100% is boshet!

Raven
Sun, 08-22-2004, 03:42 AM
Pretty crap, but I stuck it out to the end. I don't know why anyone thought the next ep would be filler too, the title tells manga readers what happens. It's gonna be gooood.

Assertn
Sun, 08-22-2004, 03:52 AM
well......because for one thing.........
it was planned for the anime to go into a filler saga......not just 1 ep

Raven
Sun, 08-22-2004, 04:51 AM
*shrugs* I thought the ep title was pretty obvious, maybe it's just me.

Stoopider
Sun, 08-22-2004, 05:36 AM
Is this the FIRST Filler ever in Naruto History? (Except the Naruto yearly shits)

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-22-2004, 06:05 AM
yea

Raven
Sun, 08-22-2004, 09:22 AM
The bull chase was filler. They had to make a whole episode before the Neji fight began.

Assertn
Sun, 08-22-2004, 12:34 PM
well yeah......in fact.......
now there are 3 times where a filler involving naruto making lots of kage bunshins for the sole purpose of escaping a chase through a town involving a large group of pursuers took place

Luchio
Sun, 08-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
The bull chase was filler. They had to make a whole episode before the Neji fight began.

Yeah but this episode was much better than the bull episode. It was fun to watch Shizune pretending to be Tsunade, I never thought she would be so sneaky!

For a filler, it's a good filler.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 08-22-2004, 06:45 PM
They could try making a filler with Gamabunta and Manda... that would have to be good... perhaps they could do a a flashback to when they were both younger... like Gamakichi's age lol.

kooshi
Sun, 08-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Holy crap, we're already at like chapter 170 in the manga????? Jeez, never realized how fast the anime is...

Kn1ves
Mon, 08-23-2004, 12:18 AM
point of having fillers is to make sure the anime does NOT catch up to the manga
because if it does, the mangas would be pretty much pointless

itsgalf
Mon, 08-23-2004, 09:00 AM
the episode was poop. It didn't add anything to the storyline. The only use I would see of actually seeing that is the point of Naruto telling Tsunade that he won't accept a Hokage who doesn't have the honor to pay back her debts. That's the only thing I took out of this episode.

GLS
Mon, 08-23-2004, 11:34 AM
not all of them can be great. You gotta have bad, usless ones like 97 to point out the greatness of eps. like 95-96.
There was more dialogue in it, thus allowing me to compare translations (I like AonE).
We should be hitting the filler arc (separate from the manga) sometime soon. I've read were roughly at Ch. 170 w/ the manga, or in that range.

Icelander
Mon, 08-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Yepp! we are at chapter 170 according to the manga so lets hope they wont go catching up with the manga... and for that we need fillers! (maybe a flashback from when the sannin were kids? or Kakashi and the others? maybe a flashback of the war when the kyuubi got sealed?) i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Dungwader
Mon, 08-23-2004, 01:23 PM
After seeing the movie previews I wouldn't be suprised to see the filler arc just being of the team missions. The movie is about protecting the "Ice Princess" right? So we'll probably just have an arc of missions with fighting mid-level opponents, some training but with no real new learnings of techniques, and signs of the town rebuilding and returning to a state of normalcy. Just my opinion.

rainstorm
Mon, 08-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Fillers happen in just about any anime I've ever seen. Sometimes the filler doesn't happen as a full episode, and sometimes the episode just goes totally out of the way to show itself as being filler (see: Nadesico). Here, you can tell from the title "Side Adventure" that what happened in the episode has nothing to do with the main story arc. I'm hoping to see Naruto meet back up with Sasuke and Sakura and go out on a mission. They just came out with a movie and a double episode, give them a break, eh?

Icelander
Mon, 08-23-2004, 03:21 PM
yeah... their first real mission was really great.. if they can do something more like that before that next mission.......

SeifeR
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:22 PM
so the anime is at chapter 170 in manga? what chapter is the manga at right now?

sangai
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:37 PM

228 comes out this week,

but if your gonna make a filler ep at least make it good.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 08-24-2004, 03:07 PM
I agree, if they are going to make filler episodes should at least make them good

UchihaItachi7
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:46 PM
yeah that should make them better they suck if they don't make the episode better

XwingRob
Tue, 08-24-2004, 05:51 PM
You know, the perfect time for a filler saga would have been after the Wave Country saga....

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-25-2004, 06:08 AM
Now I'm actually looking forward to some filler arcs with Team 7 just completing some interesting missions.

Would also be a nice way to spread out those huge power jumps all the characters are having in between each story arc.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 08-25-2004, 07:40 AM
It would be interesting to see how Naruto and Sasuke get along now, sonce they would both have new attacks since they were last on a mission. I hope they don't do flashbacks, unless it's about some fighting such as the fight with Kyuubi, but I doubt that they would put something good in the anime and not the manga.

aznj50
Wed, 08-25-2004, 10:04 PM
this episode is okay. Next episode is going to pwn!

kooshi
Wed, 08-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Well, all sorts of things can happen that will be appealing to me for fillers.

1. Interesting missions with the team
2. Training while learning some small yet useful jutsus (possibly from other countries, thanks to Kakashi)
3. An ACTUAL funny episode, unlike Ep. 97 (although this may never happen)
4. See what the other characters have been up to while Naruto was gone