PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter Fans

Tofu #2
Tue, 08-17-2004, 06:33 PM
insane shit (http://poststuff2.entensity.net/081204/media.php?media=streetfighter.wmv)

DB_Hunter
Wed, 08-18-2004, 06:14 PM
.... he blocked a special then killed with a special... and the amazing thing is?

Tofu #2
Wed, 08-18-2004, 06:32 PM
look at ken's energy bar.....

edit: and those were not normal blocks,because you lose energy bit by bit even when you block.

Knives122
Wed, 08-18-2004, 07:21 PM
that was insane, great as hell

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 08-18-2004, 08:45 PM
When I first read this post (before there were replies) I thought you were posting to comment on how insane it was that a whole roomful of people were cheering excitedly at two people playing a computer game i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I showed the link to my mate who's well into games and stuff and he told me of these special parry moves where you don't lose energy (I'm not too up to date with the newer SF games - they peaked as SF2 Turbo imo i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif) so I guess it was even better than I thought to get out of it...but then I know people that good exists...I tried a Neo Geo emulator online once while waiting for my mate to join the room and got obliterated by some girl who claimed she was a n00b i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Then again I'm fairly crap i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:05 AM
I havn't played the latest SF releases so... even though I considered myself to be a one time master fighter i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif I'm back to being a noob i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Uchiha-Itachi
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:44 AM
omg a very close win i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
.... he blocked a special then killed with a special... and the amazing thing is?

Play street fighter 3 third strike i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

God that was amazing. I wouldn't dare to face him. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Remy is the coolest SF3 char though.

PSJ
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:26 AM
wow i have no idea what happened but everybody went crazy i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Basically the Ken player utilized the "parrying" technique very well. Parry is something that happens if you push the forward button EXACTLY when the enemy's hit connects. This is something only experts can do. And the Ken player parried EVERY SINGLE HIT of that long super combo.

SK
Thu, 08-19-2004, 11:56 AM
that was pretty damn immpressive, any tekken videos from the tournament?

Hakeem_21
Thu, 08-19-2004, 12:30 PM
That was crazy shit,it was so cool when he blocked the special.

Mut
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Basically the Ken player utilized the "parrying" technique very well. Parry is something that happens if you push the forward button EXACTLY when the enemy's hit connects. This is something only experts can do. And the Ken player parried EVERY SINGLE HIT of that long super combo.

i could kick that guy's ass.

Xollence
Thu, 08-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Hehe experts? I still don't understand why they have tv channels showing people playing each other all day long. I guess if I knew the game I'd be impressed. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 04:35 PM
It's not that different from any given sport if you think about it. Competition is competition, even within video gaming.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

i could kick that guy's ass.

lol thats just funny.

Ah all these street fighter 3's aplha x's and gamma beta what have you's... just gimme good old street fighter II Turbo on SNES... now that was gold.

Edit: By the way, is this game only for the dreamcast platform?

Shuurai
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by: Xollence
Hehe experts? I still don't understand why they have tv channels showing people playing each other all day long. I guess if I knew the game I'd be impressed.

I think its really good that people who have a interest in games and are good at them are able to come from around the world to compete against each other, Its like sport for fatty's i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif (that was a joke dont take it seriously anyone)

Terracosmo
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Most gaming nerds are actually skinny rather than fat.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 08-20-2004, 05:14 AM
In Korea competing in video games is a big sport who is more popular than every sport except "Real" Football.

The pro players makes a lot of money and they are heros,people worshipe them.

Shuurai
Fri, 08-20-2004, 05:17 AM
Most gaming nerds are actually skinny rather than fat.

Yes coz no time to eat must beat big boss guy and beat game with minimal amount of saves