So about to die.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 01-25-2006, 02:18 AM
Dragon Slayer Enema!

kAi
Wed, 02-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Just finished with Berserk 268, and damn
was very nice. as always

Shierke goes all out, and Guts his oh so close.

rockmanj
Wed, 02-01-2006, 08:52 AM
where can i find it at??

kAi
Wed, 02-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I just got it up on mangatraders.com

Although it's raw, and has no translation at this time.

Munsu
Wed, 02-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Just caught up again, after stopping a couple of months ago...

Good shit as always... Hopefully 268 will kick ass

Munsu
Thu, 02-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Translated...

http://bt.mindwerks.net/allowe...81a704c84ea98f.torrent (http://bt.mindwerks.net/allowed/718879a06629a4a2a66a124be881a704c84ea98f.torrent)

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-02-2006, 07:24 PM
OMG you stopped reading Berserk wow i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

A great chapter where Guts showed his crazy expressions again and the witch is more powerful than i thought.

Stoopider
Fri, 02-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Good episode, but leaves alot to be desired.

WHY IS IT SO SHORT!!!! *pulls arm pit hair as there's no more head hair left to pull*.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Oh well.. when's the next one out btw?

kAi
Fri, 02-03-2006, 03:51 AM
The 10th as far as I know.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 02-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Thats pretty fast,we have been lucky lately waiting no more thans a couple of weeks for a new chap.

bagandscalpel
Sat, 02-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Bah, considering how things have been going, I won't be surprised if their stay in Vritannis is going to be extended, yet again.

My guess is, seeing as how their ship is probably reduced to cinders, that Guts and company hijack the Kushan ship. Good thing about this prediction would be that there'd be a whole lot more battles coming up with the Kushan psychics.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 02-08-2006, 03:49 AM
I just got to the point where guts gets the berserker armor; I'm downloading the rest now. God, this manga just keeps getting better.

kAi
Wed, 02-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Awesome part, still got a few chapters to get through, it only gets better, and also reading it again makes it alot better.

kAi
Sat, 02-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Berserk 269 is released, by evil genius even, nice chapter and I wasn't expecting this so soon.

Available on MangaTraders.com

Munsu
Sun, 02-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Cool chapter, just when we thought that the fucking Witch ended all chances of Guts going Berserk, another fucking monster appears... Guts + Berserk mode = awesome chapter

Stoopider
Sun, 02-12-2006, 08:48 AM
So many monsters. Of course.. Nothing can stop Guts. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jaredster
Tue, 02-14-2006, 04:00 PM
How long is the berserk manga, in terms of pages?

Ryllharu
Tue, 02-14-2006, 04:59 PM
30 complete volumes, probably half of the eventual total, on average about 225 pages per volume, so around 6750 pages as of right now.

Munsu
Tue, 02-14-2006, 05:11 PM
When you put it that way, I wonder how I could've read so much...

kAi
Tue, 02-14-2006, 09:01 PM
and it's still not finished, or close to it.

DAMN THIS MANGA IS GREAT!!!!

Jaredster
Tue, 02-14-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm on volume 3 so far and I'm loving it.

kAi
Wed, 02-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Berserk 270 preview I found.
Seems as March 10 is the day of reckoning.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9272/cap2700gk8fy.jpg

bagandscalpel
Thu, 02-16-2006, 03:31 AM
HAH!

Though... that looks... disturbingly plausible.

A berserker-mage that flys around spearheading things with the DragonSlayer in one hand while casting spells of unspeakable power with the other...

It eliminates any need for the rest of the group!

Stoopider
Thu, 02-16-2006, 07:03 AM
Lol.. thats really really funny. I laughed so loud my Mom thought I was heaving a heart attack and barged into my room.

masamuneehs
Thu, 02-23-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm just done with Volume 29, and that seems to be the last one that Band of the Hawk released.
Are the 30 and up volumes on MangaTraders good, or should I go search for a different release?

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Evil Genius is the only and best group that scanlates berserk chapterwise.

Stoopider
Sun, 02-26-2006, 05:30 AM
Yup.. Band of the Hawk waits for the whole volume to be released before the sub it. Evil Genius just subs whenever an episode is released. In my opinion both are of equal quality. I just get both anyway. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

NineTailsKitsu
Sun, 02-26-2006, 06:47 AM
I personally love both the Berserk anime and Manga, though I thought that the anime didn't come close to showing the entirety of Guts' past, and how much shit actually happened to him.

"My love for you Is like a truck....Berserker! Are you want to making fuck....Berserker! .....Berserker!"-Guts

"....Did he just say 'making fuck'?"-Caska

....Sorry, had to.

masamuneehs
Sat, 03-04-2006, 11:48 AM
God damn. I finally caught up with everything in this manga (i love this story so much, and I love the dark style, especially the faces. The people almost look like a wax museum exhibit sometimes...)

but now I have to sit and wait (not so) patiently for chapters to come out... just about every month, right?

Also, am I alone in strongly disliking how big the group is getting? (or rather, the impact it has had on the manga...)
Serpico, Farenze, Caska, Puck. I was fine when all of them joined up. Caska's coming back brought a brand new dimension to the fight and showed alot about Guts' changes. Puck's comic relief was most necessary for a story as bleak and violent as this. Serpico just plain rocks. Farenze... meh, she sorta faded into the background (until recently) and her sudden meekness was only countered by the fact that she's a package deal with Serpico.

Then there's Isidoro. At first he cracked me up (and he still does) and I liked the idea of Guts getting an 'apprentice'. I also like how Isidoro had to go about learning his own fighting style. But now I feel like him, and Puck, and Caska's occasional childish silliness, along with Serpico's wit/comments tipped the balance towards 'comedy'.

Schierke. Ok, I was sorta wary of another character joining them. But she's brought a brand new element into the story with her Magic. I also like her outlook on humanity and some of her scenes and spells have had absolutely beautiful animation. I also like how her and Guts are paired up and she has to risk herself to 'bring him back'.

But Schierke comes with some baggage, in the form of Evarellea. Did we really need another elf? Granted, I'm sure something important is bound to eventually happen with her and Puck, and she is different from Puck as far as personality. But for some reason that was the straw that broke the camels back for me. The amount of space dedicated to comic relief has gotten too damn big IMO. Isidoro, Puck, Evarellea, and even Serpico, Caska (and even Guts once and again) all of their 'funny little comments' seem to be too much to me.

Yes, I realize this has descended into a rant. I love this manga, and I know it's stupid to criticize Miura. I just sometimes find myself wishing that he'd stop giving so much time, space and effort to these gags and jokes. I know the elves are almost always just a tiny part on the page, but they appear in so many panels and I say 'who knows how much further along we'd be in the story if they'd just get shunted to the back more often' or 'rather than think up their jokes and draw them in, why not work on a background or large panel page?'

Fuck, shit. You all know how (overly)critical I can be... so don't get me wrong. I love this fucking manga. I even enjoy the comic relief at times. But it's a story about Guts, Caska and Griffith, and I know the other characters are deep and all, but goddamn I want the spotlight to be on the three main characters!

edit: 1500th post! Level Up!

bagandscalpel
Mon, 03-06-2006, 04:13 AM
Yeah, I agree that there is simply too much extra baggage in Guts' group at the moment. Though I can tolerate Roderick, he's probably going have to leave at some point... And Magnifico has just been utterly useless, so he's going to have to be dropped, soon. As for Farnese, Serpico, Shriecke, and Ivarella, they come in pairs, so I'm not sure whether Miura's going to let them go at all. And I suspect that Isidro is going to grow into his own "major character" maybe some time down the road from now.

Stoopider
Mon, 03-06-2006, 09:58 PM
I wonder whether Azan would join them as well. He's somewhere in the city.

kAi
Tue, 03-07-2006, 03:27 AM
Yeah, I thought he would've been one of the people to be with Guts well at least until the end of this part anyway.

Munsu
Tue, 03-07-2006, 03:37 AM
Who was Azan? I don't remember...

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-07-2006, 04:22 AM
Azen? do you mean sir Owen? One of the Midland nobles who has been around since really early in the story?

I don't see him (or that other Midland noble, the one who almost got killed trying to find info on the Princess in Midland) as the fighting types. I see them as providing support/arms to Guts and his crew later on, and maybe also trying to persuade people that Griffith's crew is not the one they should side with. Their has to be some reason Miura wrote them into the storyline...

And if I'm wrong and Azen is a different person, who the hell is he? I can't recall him at all...

Stoopider
Tue, 03-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Nope. Azan the bridge guardian.

Remember he helped fight off the pirates when Isidiro and Shierke was at the pier? He fights using a spear thingy. And we saw him again hungry scrounging for food in the tavern.

He used to work under Farneze as one of the HOly Chain Nights before the God Hand tower thingy.

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-07-2006, 03:30 PM
gosh i do know remember that guy. I had totally forgotten about him and so when he showed up to help Isidoro and Mule I was just 'who the fuck is that?'. Then he was outside the tavern and I was just like, 'oh, some random re-occurring comedy character Miura wanted to throw in'

If he joins up with Guts and co. I will hold you personally responsible.

kAi
Fri, 03-10-2006, 01:22 AM
There's the 270 preview, although 270 is actually out but it's only in it's RAW form.
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/06v06.jpg

rockmanj
Fri, 03-10-2006, 01:34 AM
oh shit!! he looks really evil...will the power of the silke and guts fusion be enough to defeat janenba....errr the giant elephant thingies??!!

kAi
Fri, 03-10-2006, 02:23 AM
You can go to MangaTraders for the RAW and a Text translation.

Stoopider
Mon, 03-13-2006, 04:52 AM
Evil Genius has came out with the translation

http://www.evil-genius.us/

rockmanj
Mon, 03-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Pretty good setup...the guts/silke combo vs. the kushan sorcerer...i bet you they kick his ass and steal his ship, but not before guts guts good and bloodied up

Stoopider
Tue, 03-14-2006, 03:35 AM
We got ourselves a boss here. I would think we're going to be stuck here for a year just finishing up this battle. :p Then only are we going on a boat ride.

rockmanj
Tue, 03-14-2006, 04:37 AM
I hope its not a year, but i could definitely see it lasting a couple of months.

skindred
Tue, 03-14-2006, 06:42 AM
I can no longer stop myself from getting jealous of you guys here for talking about "berserk is awesome, berserk is cool, dark, wicked blah blah blah" so now I'm joining for the fun :) please welcome me guys!!!! :D Anyways, I never knew before that Berserk was really an anime... I got hooked up to the game of DC entitled Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage. At that time I kept on asking myself... What's Guts story? What is that brand on his neck? How did he get it? and still alot of questions if you really didn't know that it was an anime until I found this forums. gotwoot was linked from narutofan.com at that time and I didn't have any idea of what are forums about so I tried to read the general manga section and found berserk. I had a feeling at that time that this is the sword of the berserk and found out that it really is so I directly went to mirc to download them... sorry about this guys... I really like this manga more than any other I've read. Up until now I've read berserk more than 10 times already especially the part after they got sacrificed. I think I've talked too much already :D hope this is ok ... sorry I'm not really good at english -peace-

kAi
Tue, 03-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the forums, might want to check out the rules section and shit. Anyway, enough of that, nice to have a new person into the Berserk section.

Well, depending if we get another break soon, which I don't highly doubt, maybe in another chapter or two, as how it's been going as of late, they might get onto the boat by the end of the year. They can still do much more with this arc, we still have the Hawks who can be thrown in, Azan also, Guts fighting now. They could be thrown in if he wanted to, then getting to the boat, etc.

The maximum number of issues we can get a year is 24, we can get a maximum of 19 more chapters, but then the skipped weeks every month, we'll probably get another 10-14 chapters this year. Putting it this way makes it really suck, but I love this shit too much.

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Welcome to the forum dude!

Well, I suppose you can't rush a good thing. The only thing I'm worried about is that I (or Miura) will die before this thing finishes! I know that's a pretty silly concern, but you never know! Miura is 40, and I've often wondered how close to the end Berserk actually is...

Anyhow, I hate waiting... guess I'll just have to shut up and do it anyhow...

skindred
Tue, 03-14-2006, 07:58 AM
thanks :D I actually played that game 5 yrs ago and started lurking in this forums for about 4 yrs. I didn't like joining back then but because of this berserk thread now I'm joining :) , and yeah I visit the rules section once in awhile even when I was just a guest back then. Anyway I haven't read the last 3 chapters yet so I'm about to read it now.:)

samsonlonghair
Wed, 03-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the forums skindred. I hope you start posting regularly.

More than that I hope they stop skipping weeks on Berserk. I guess that it takes a lot of time for Miur to make art that good.

Stoopider
Wed, 03-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Indeed Skindred... welcome to the club.

kAi
Thu, 03-23-2006, 06:41 AM
Here's your 271 preview!
Battle commenced!
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/06v07.jpg

Stoopider
Thu, 03-23-2006, 10:04 AM
ARg. Beat me to it. :p

If you ask me, Gatts might struggle with this without the little girls magic. Probably she'll imbue his sword or something like that.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-23-2006, 10:27 AM
He is on some water taking him up to the sorcererar something tells me its not Guts magic but the little witch ;)

kAi
Thu, 03-23-2006, 11:26 PM
I think it might be the other guy controlling the water, the Daiba or whatever.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 03-24-2006, 07:06 AM
Yeah it can be him too but it doesnt look to smart to make Guts come close to you.

kAi
Fri, 03-24-2006, 06:57 PM
He aint necessarily making him come closer to him, that's just how it's turning out. Guts was on top of the little part of wood that comes off the ship, and the Daiba guy has started up a whirlpool, and Guts is just jumping out of the way in his direction, well that's what it looks like to me.

Well, just read 271 (raw+tran) nice chapter, and Daiba is something, Guts is a nice guy.

Stoopider
Sat, 03-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Lol.. waited like a month for that? Just seem him jump around and avoid tornados? Aaargh! 14th April till the next one out

Btw, the scans are out!

http://www.evil-genius.us/

rockmanj
Sun, 03-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Fusion Reborn!!!! but really, it was an ok chapter; esp now that guts has a moducum of control over the armor.

kAi
Tue, 03-28-2006, 02:27 AM
Yeah, I like seeing some control over the armour, Shrieke in there is helping him out, to gain some control, which is going to be needed later on.

Daiba guy is pretty damn strong being able to summon these cyclones like nothing and so many of them, one of the best parts was when he used his sword to change direction and come down on top of the mast, the look on everyones faces, especially Daiba.

Once the mast was falling down and comes into save them, badass!

samsonlonghair
Tue, 04-04-2006, 01:12 AM
I hope we get another time jump soon, and the kids grow up a little. I don't really hate Ishidoro or Shrieke, but I don't like having the kids around.

Stoopider
Tue, 04-04-2006, 04:23 AM
Actually I kinda like them as kids. A sense of innocence to them whereever they go.

kAi
Tue, 04-04-2006, 05:26 AM
I don't think there will be any type of time jump for a while, well at least not until they reach this elf island place.

Ishidoro isn't that bad, I agree he can be a pain, but him and Shierke are good, at least they're better than Roderick and shit.

kAi
Wed, 04-12-2006, 09:25 PM
272 Preview
dunananananan Gutsman

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/06v08.jpg

bagandscalpel
Wed, 04-12-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure if it's my eyes playing tricks on me or not, but does the Armor of the Berserk recede when Guts is sane?

And how is it that Berserk is only on chapter 272 after all this time, and when compared to other series who haven't had such a long lifespan?

Death13a
Wed, 04-12-2006, 11:10 PM
try once a month vs once a week

Hakeem_21
Sat, 04-15-2006, 05:34 AM
Quality vs quantity and which do you want more ;)

Time jumps arent Berserk style so dont expect that specialy since this manga time goes almost real time. Its not like Naruto where it has been only a month beteween chap 1 and 200......

kAi
Mon, 04-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Well, chapter 272 is out, evil genius version should be out soon, I read the raw and translation.

Don't read below unless you've read the chapter or don't care about what happened in this current chapter.

Some nice action and it was good to see Serpico get involved as well, if only a little bit. Get to see Casca angry at Guts which is nice to see, some other expression than nothing on Casca's face.

Daiba is getting all serious now, but it shouldn't have to much of an effect on Guts, although this new beast (even if you can call it that) seems to be made up of water.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 04-18-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure if it's my eyes playing tricks on me or not, but does the Armor of the Berserk recede when Guts is sane?

That Berserker Armor changes a lot depending on Gatsu's mental state. Remember when he first got it fighting Grunberd outside of Flora's giant tree? It changed from looking like Skull Knight to looking like that dog-beast inside of Gatsu.

rockmanj
Thu, 04-20-2006, 12:07 AM
That was pretty funny that the old man got taken down and hurt his hip...silly old man, doesent he know it isn't safe to sit on something that high up?? But on a serious note, i wonder what guts can do against a creature of water. I mean, a sword isnt really going to do anything against water, since it has no form. The only way i could see anyone beating that thing is if it is frozenor evaporated.

Also, that form his armor took reminds me of wolverine from the x-men. Snikt!!

bagandscalpel
Thu, 04-20-2006, 12:42 AM
I foresee the outcome of the battle to be something in the ball park of this:

skirmish w/ waterbeast -> Guts beaten to inch of his life -> lo and behold, ploy! ->
Daiba CANNON'D -> Daiba hacked apart by Dragonslayer

Not to say that it's a bad thing if it turns out like this, pretty much all of the previous battles had me at the edge of my seat.

masamuneehs
Thu, 04-20-2006, 01:37 PM
haven't seen the newest 272 yet, but i really liked the few chapters before it. Guts' mid-air veer, the Flame Wheel and how Schierke 'opened his eyes' (er, well, his one eye...) were all really nicely done.

If he can keep his sanity while wearing the armor does that lessen its power? Or does he get the benefit of the armor's full power and not being totally berserk?

Wren
Mon, 05-01-2006, 10:22 PM
berserk 273 is out also

http://bt.mindwerks.net/allowed/2b2c19226fe92f77a4c89af664f3f4199dce4c93.torrent

on a site i check i found this torrent link.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 05-02-2006, 12:50 AM
This series is too addicting. It makes horse look like caffine.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 05-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Eh? What does THAT mean?

Looks like the battle's over; Dhaiba's ginormous sea-sperm got parched by Guts' iron slab of passionate fire, so he ought to magik-less, no? Onward to Elfhelm, I say.

kAi
Wed, 05-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Not to bad, Daiba is gone, I don't think any other enemies are going to be coming. I agree, to Elfhelm we shall go!

rockmanj
Sun, 05-07-2006, 10:51 AM
This series is too addicting. It makes horse look like caffine.

geez man...thats kinda a harsh refernece. i dont think GW is ready for coke jokes. But i digress. Did guts and silke just do like, the kaio-ken attack?? I'm not sure what happened, but it looked damn cool.

mage
Mon, 05-15-2006, 02:56 AM
I just finished watching the anime (my first venture into the Berserk world), and I heard the ending was bad so I wasn't expecting much from the last episode, but I didn't think it would be that bad. So now that I'm starting the manga, I found the website www.thehawks.org for volumes 4-30, but of course I need 1-3. Anyone know a good site to get them?

Stoopider
Mon, 05-15-2006, 03:05 AM
http://www.gotlurk.net/

Go under MiRC Mirrors Bot.

Augury
Thu, 05-25-2006, 05:00 AM
Hm, not quite sure where I should place this...

I was browsing through animemusicvideos.org earlier today and came across a Berserk MMV (like AMV except done purely with manga scans). I really liked the originality and execution of the idea.

Berserk - Dark Tranquility - The Wonders At Your Feet (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=91019) by Sir_Lagsalot

Check it out, I found it very enjoyable!

About something like this: Should it warrant its own topic, or be placed in General Discussion or some other forum, or is this thread the right place for it? Although this is a large thread, Berserk releases are quite spaced out so there's gaps in manga discussion. The AMV (MMV?) is also compiled with post-anime manga scans so it really is only something a manga audience would appreciate without being spoiled.

kAi
Thu, 05-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Yeah, just leave it in here, it's Berserk related so it's better.

Mage, mangatraders.com, it's in my sig, it has all volumes there.

kAi
Fri, 05-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Chapter 274 raw is out, you can get it from skullknight. Although, there is no translation at this time.

Chapter talk

Interesting chapter, Ganishka pulling out some lightning attacks, so we got Guts up verse an apostle now, and Shiereke is out of Guts' mind. The chapter was cut to short only if this was a double release it would've kicked ass, now the wait again.

skindred
Fri, 05-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks for that, I guess I'll download it after the next chapter release ( next 2 weeks :mad: ). Gaaah! I can't wait !!!! :mad:

Augury
Sat, 05-27-2006, 12:01 AM
Scanned, BT: [Evil_Genius]Berserk_v31c274.rar (http://bt.mindwerks.net/allowed/03a199377b25542116bc48562614ecd0e81a14bc.torrent)

Wow, Guts is going to be in pure agony when he takes off that armor. Its a bit unfortunate that Ganishka mistakes the crew as the Hawk's followers since they really are an independent party in all of this mess.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 06-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Hmm, even if Ganishka hadn't mistaken Guts and pals as followers of the Hawk, I'm sure he still wouldn't take too kindly to their wiping out his infiltration forces.

As of yet, I say Serpico's going to take the bolt on Guts' behalf, bite the dust, and be replaced by Azan, who's been strangely absent for some time.

kAi
Sat, 06-10-2006, 10:01 AM
275 Preview.
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/06v12.jpg

You can also get the raw for this chapter with a text translation.

Chapter talk:
Nice little proposition from Ganishka, heh.
The insects have come!

Missingman
Sat, 06-10-2006, 04:24 PM
i have a question... i watched the anime.. and i heard the manga continues off where the aniem left off... what chapter should i start at? and where can i dl the mangas? thank you

bagandscalpel
Sat, 06-10-2006, 04:33 PM
The chapter that the manga continues right after the anime is volume 13, chapter 7.

However, it comes highly recommended that you read the entirety of the manga, including the portion the anime encompasses, due to all the minor, yet, important details and the handful of characters that get cut from the anime.

Check the post above yours, there's a nice archive site within the sig.

kAi
Sat, 06-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Well, unfortunately the site is down at the moment.
Also read the whole manga, it will be much better for you if you did, the anime misses on things as bagandscalpel has said.

Evil Genius have released their version of chapter 275 (http://bt.mindwerks.net/allowed/a5361ff7648c4d499321d346d4621d8e3587ddb1.torrent)

kAi
Sat, 06-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Evil Genius 276 (http://bt.mindwerks.net/allowed/e4feba55b955d6bfa3c9c48f4d949ff82c9953e9.torrent)

Nice chapter, with Zodd going in for the kill, I liked how Guts was having a little breather, thought that was good. Asking Serpico to leave him be.

Another month break, July 28th for 277.

bagandscalpel
Sun, 06-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Wonder if this means Guts and Zodd will call a temporary ceasefire and become fighting buddies now that they've got a chance to save each other's ass from drowning? :D

bxgreatone87
Mon, 06-26-2006, 12:37 AM
sorry about this but search aint working right and i have a question im not sure has been answered but i doubt it. I was wondering if you guys can help me start reading where i left off since other site i used stoped at the fight between guts and serpico in the room with the big pillers were about to fight. Thats was the last one i read and im not sure which capter was next i would appreciate the help and thank you.

bagandscalpel
Mon, 06-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Friend, that is an easy question. The chapter you are looking for is #257, the very start of volume 30. Now go start downloading it and reimmerse yourself in this timeless epic- GOGOGOGO.

bxgreatone87
Mon, 06-26-2006, 01:33 AM
thank you very much im surprised to see i didnt get one of those "you're such a noob get out of forums" comments lol there are actually good people around here huh. Now i can enjoy one of the best mangas ever woot!

bagandscalpel
Thu, 07-20-2006, 12:17 PM
http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/BOTH.jpg

Ah, if only...

Credit goes to a brilliant fellow who inhabits the skullknight board.

kAi
Thu, 07-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Ah, that is awesome, lol.
My friend was going on about a Berserk movie, and I'm like, I would've heard about it, like he doesn't know much about Berserk, except for what I've told him.
I wish a movie would come out, even if they didn't do that good of a job, I can still read the manga and call the movie shit, heh.

One more week.

mage
Sun, 07-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Just finished reading this entire manga in 2 days. Now I'm very tired. Good night.

kAi
Thu, 07-27-2006, 10:06 AM
277 Preview
Human Bullet
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/06v15.jpg

Here comes Zodd, might get to learn something about him.
The title makes me think that Zodd is going to throw Guts, lol.

Nice mage, another one in here.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 07-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Now, here's an interesting thought about Zodd; ever notice how whenever he goes into a direct confrontation with Guts, in his human form, he's wearing either a loincloth or nothing at all. Whereas, other times, be it chopping up peons, or hanging around the camp with Griffith, he's decked out in armor of sorts.

In my opinion, it's Zodd's way of remembering Guts, a worthy adversary, by being in the state he's in when they first met.

kAi
Thu, 07-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Raw is out at SK, no translation as of yet.

Definately need a translation with this one, I had to look, also if you get it from SK, it's all in '.tif' extension. I couldn't use CDisplay.

Chapter Talk

The first part is mainly dialogue, which is good with some things you can kinda tell what's happening, but need to know for sure. Some good dialogue between Guts and Zodd. I wasn't far off with the I think Zodd is going to throw Guts comment, instead he rides the fucker through Ganishka's magic form thing. Last page he looks very worried and shocked, hehe.

budak getah
Sat, 07-29-2006, 01:28 AM
nice movie wallpaper..

anyway,here is the post
chapter 277 scanned by evil genius (http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/index.php?path=Berserk/)

bagandscalpel
Mon, 07-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Simply amazing. This chapter shall now be forever remembered as the "Once-in-a-Lifetime Teamup of Guts and Zodd."

That two-page spread of the duo plowing through Ganishka is too godly for words.

kAi
Mon, 07-31-2006, 11:51 PM
The dialoge went well with this chapter, I liked the Guts/Zodd conversation.
Zodd admires Guts, there wouldn't be too many people on that type of list, another would be Skull Knight, and that would probably be it.

Sonia and 'can't remember the little shits name' are heading off to the Pope, so they will soon get an even bigger army, and also the Pope's favour.

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-31-2006, 11:54 PM
i love this manga in ways that a human should not have feelings for pieces of machine processed paper with ink on them...

but i do, although i know i'm probably going to hell for it...

bagandscalpel
Tue, 08-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Sonia and 'can't remember the little shits name' are heading off to the Pope, so they will soon get an even bigger army, and also the Pope's favour.

The "little shit's name" is Mule (honestly, what parent names their son that?).

i love this manga in ways that a human should not have feelings for pieces of machine processed paper with ink on them...

Nothing wrong with that! :D

rockmanj
Tue, 08-01-2006, 10:00 AM

but i do, although i know i'm probably going to hell for it...

...just as long as you dont leave stains...

Hakeem_21
Tue, 08-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Haha stains :P

A great chapter.

Guts did what he does best, make himself enemy of more apostle to they all flock to him and make it easy for him ;)

kAi
Tue, 08-01-2006, 08:38 PM
I wonder how Zodd and Guts are going to be in the next chapter, are they just going to there seperate ways? Are they going to start a fight with each other?

I liked how Ganishka was hurt, it seems the only spot that would do that is between the eyes.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 08-02-2006, 07:27 AM
I dont think Zodd and Guts has any fight left in them otherwise it would be a new round for them.

kAi
Thu, 08-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Chapter 278 is out, with a raw and translation is available at skullknight.

Chapter talk

I liked that chapter Guts and Zodd having there argument, then falls over as soon as it's done. Then him seeing Griffiths, it's like he's watching over him for now, amazed as he was before. Guts just closed his eyes again.

Finally setting sail!!! How long has it been? a couple of years.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 08-11-2006, 02:55 AM
Oh man... Azan is back; his presence alone makes this chapter better than all the other dockyard shenanigans we've had up till this point.

And, what with all this trouble they've been going through, to reach the ship must be a milestone for the Gang of Guts.

kAi
Thu, 09-07-2006, 03:04 AM
279 Preview.
Great Invasion.
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/06v18.jpg

kAi
Sat, 09-09-2006, 01:22 AM
Chapter 279 (http://bt.mindwerks.net:60000/files/torrents/%5BEvil_Genius%5DBerserk_v32c279.rar.torrent) is now released. Torrent.

Also on mangatraders.

Now there is an undisclosed break, which I think is going to be a few months, probably to further the plot.

Kensee
Sat, 09-09-2006, 04:36 AM
Chapter 279 (http://bt.mindwerks.net:60000/files/torrents/%5BEvil_Genius%5DBerserk_v32c279.rar.torrent) is now released. Torrent.

Also on mangatraders.

Now there is an undisclosed break, which I think is going to be a few months, probably to further the plot.

Oh man really? Ackk, ah well, I can finally catch up in reading the rest of the chapters I missed. >_> man so much on mangatraders ... so many mangas, so little time.

Stoopider
Sat, 09-09-2006, 06:46 AM
YOu must catch up.. It's a Must. You cannot run....

Sweet Jesus it's out! :) :) :) :) :) Downloading now.. *creams pants*

Downloading at 130kb/s. Smashes computer keyboard like this kid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoxytRqbHc

Argh.. nothing happened. *Smashes keyboard further*

mage
Sat, 09-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I love how arrows inevitably end up in people's eyes and mouths in this series.

Stoopider
Sat, 09-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Suddenly I'm thinking of Braveheart. Getting shot in the ass.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 10-17-2006, 04:37 PM

Also on mangatraders.

Hiya, heard anything about when they'll continue with it?

Man what a long time since I've visited this forum (mostly because I had forgot my password and couldn't get it back :)).

kAi
Tue, 10-17-2006, 09:40 PM

Man what a long time since I've visited this forum (mostly because I had forgot my password and couldn't get it back :)).
Well, it isn't out yet, it's only been a month. It could be released next month at the minimum but I don't know for certain.

Stoopider
Wed, 10-18-2006, 02:06 AM

Welcome back.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Did a big read through right now, about ten chapters..
the good thing is that they're out of the dock, bad thing is the witch.

I totally can't stand having her around anymore.. whenever in combat, she has absaloutly no perssonality other than pointing at where to attack, and now she's even got worse...
fusing with our dear gutts? filthing his badassness with magical powers?
what's the deal about that?

One of gutts main point in the entire story was that Gutts was diffrent from the rest of them, he didn't use magical items to fight (armor aside, which was more of a handicap than a weapon, at least by gutts eyes), he used his revenge and willpower to push further.

and now, he's gone all magical and stuff with the witch.

a fuckin' let down, if you ask me. also, it's starting to look like a 'guess the weak point' game, 'simply cut here, here and here' thing.
at least the cavaliar act of Zodd saved the day, we need to see more team ups, give me the kushan ninja slashing and the kushan yogi wizard doing some delhi kicks against the apostle army..

also, we had about 5 panels of Caska's face and still nothing... I've thought that she could at least say something, or act as if she remembers zodd..
I really want to see her coming back to her senses. the fact that she knows everything about the past makes her a counter balance charecter to gutts, which he despertsly needs now.

bagandscalpel
Sat, 10-28-2006, 04:11 PM
I totally can't stand having her around anymore.. whenever in combat, she has absaloutly no perssonality other than pointing at where to attack, and now she's even got worse...
fusing with our dear gutts? filthing his badassness with magical powers?
what's the deal about that?

One of gutts main point in the entire story was that Gutts was diffrent from the rest of them, he didn't use magical items to fight (armor aside, which was more of a handicap than a weapon, at least by gutts eyes), he used his revenge and willpower to push further.

and now, he's gone all magical and stuff with the witch.

Alright, before you demean Schrieke any further, that whole "fusion" event was just a FREAK ACCIDENT; it wasn't even permanent. There was only one spell cast during that time. On top of all that, against the Kundalini, a being comprised completely of magic, there was barely any chance for Guts to take it down without magical aid of his own (even with the Berserk armor activated, he still couldn't jump on water).

If you're going to have a beef with character, make it Magnifico, or something; someone who actually HASN'T contributed to the group's survival or created a killing spree :D

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Magnifico is Farernze's fiancee, right?
I have no quarrl with him, a decent guy. He ust got stuck in a situation well over his head, but he seems to be taking it fine, he knows that he should take care of the rear, and make sure not to make any troubles... I think he knows that everything that's going on is far out of his fighting skill leauge, but he stays thier for farenze, which makes him kinda cool.

yes, I know that Gutts couldn't have taken care of the water element by himself, but i still hate this fusion thing... one of my favorite parts in berserk (later arcs) is when the witch gives everybody a magic item, and only gutts refuses the axe, making point that he doesn't belong to the witch and won't take no shit from her. Gutts fights the war his own way, it's perssonal for him.

besides, I've always hated the witch girl, she's too smart for her age, and far too annoying, as most young child genius charecters are. the only worthwhile times we saw her was when she was acting human and displayed some depth of charecter other than pointing her stick at people and bossing them around.

in a completly diffrent matter, is it wrong that everytime i read a few berserk chapters i get the need to re-read everything from scratch?
I need more hard copy books of Berserk...

Augury
Sat, 10-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Magnifico is Farnese's brother - the light curly haired guy who keeps screaming "hiii" when bad guys appear. Her fiancee is the dark haird one ... Roderick? I think.

mage
Sat, 10-28-2006, 10:02 PM
What is Griffith trying to do with his new Band of the Hawk? He's now one of the most powerful beings in existance. Does he really need some chump apostles that barely compare to him to do his dirty work? I guess he must REALLY want to fulfill that dream of owning his own country.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 10-29-2006, 06:53 PM
It has becoming quite obvious what his goal is. It is to be king, in control of a country (or the world even). He needs people who follow him because without people, there can be no country. So in way, he still needs to look like some kind of a hero, which he apparently does in some parts of the land.

And the apostles are far from weak as we have seen. Gutts needs something as target practice until he can take on Griffith, that's the apostles duty :P

I agree with Shrieke being annoying, I really don't like her at all. But she is important and she helps out a lot (kicking and screaming all the way).

And even though this is Gutts fight, he needs to cut himself some slack, because keeping it up will get him killed. He needs to get some major ass healing on Pucks home-island, otherwise he won't be strong enough to face Griffith. And he needs more rage, which he will get once Caska gets her memories back and becomes emotionally damaged for life.

Edit: Griffith might be strong, but his worldy body is not nearly as strong as his astral body.

Stoopider
Sun, 10-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Yup. Either his own country or conquering the world. Whatever. :P

Actually. If you look at it from the perspective of the common civilians, Griffith is a hero to everyone. The White Hawk, prophecised to be the Next King of Midland or something. He's a hero to everyone, their savior from the evil Kushan Empire.

From the perspective of the civilians, you can probably say that Gutts is actually a bad guy. Misunderstood badguy. Hance, he is the Black Hawk.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 10-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Yup, everyone who knows of Gutts see him as a renegade soldier of the former Hawks Army. And for those who doesn't know him, well, as he is not really hiding the fact that he is trying to stop the five gods, he is making himself the enemy of a lot of people. Including the kushan army since he see everyone around him as obstacles worthy of nothing but his blade.

kAi
Mon, 10-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Everything Griffiths does is for his dream to have his own country. The reason he's going about it the way he is, is that he needs people to follow him and trust him. So, after helping all these people through war methods people begin to follow him. He even has the trust of the pope. He already has Charlotte so once the first part is complete and he has a castle and land, he'll then marry Charlotte which will make it complete. Guts is the thorn in the side of this. If it wasn't for his goal why become a God Hand, and come back to the real world?

Actually not many people would know Guts as a former Hawks soldier only a few, Owen being one of them. Most people just know him as the Black Swordsmen, the one in the phophercies.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 10-31-2006, 12:24 AM
It's got to be killing Gutts to see Griffith for a second then being drug away to elf island.

I'm so addicted to the Berserk manga. I buy it the same day the translations from Dark Horse are available. Despite the fact that I've already read scanlations, I already have the next volume on pre-order.

I just read the prototype for the first time last night. Wow, that was almost as bad as everyone said. How sad. It's a good thing that the story has changed so much.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 10-31-2006, 02:11 PM
What I am dying to see though is how surprised and baffled Griffith will be once he sees the new improved Gutts :D I hope that when those chaps come out, there will be some flashbacks of Griffith telling Charlotte what he believes a true friend is and how he actually used to see Gutts as his only rival and obstacle.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 10-31-2006, 06:28 PM
What I am dying to see though is how surprised and baffled Griffith will be once he sees the new improved Gutts :D I hope that when those chaps come out, there will be some flashbacks of Griffith telling Charlotte what he believes a true friend is and how he actually used to see Gutts as his only rival and obstacle.

Hard to say, but I don't think that Griffith's the type to get "surprised and baffled," moreso now than before, when he was just a mortal.

Also, the past seems to be of no importance to Griffith anymore than Guts is to him, now, which is not too much... Think this was already shown during that period he was Femto and interacted with Guts.

kAi
Tue, 10-31-2006, 06:33 PM
At the moment I really want to see Guts getting some healing time, he's been injured for quite some time now, even before Vritannis with the ethereal wound Slan gave to him back in the troll cave. He should be all healed up at Elfheim, with all the fairy's dust shit, or some good healers or something there.

The whole point to Griffiths meeting Guts on the snow field where the swords were, was to see if he had the same affect on him that made him forget his dream some what.

masamuneehs
Wed, 11-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Griffith won't be moved very much by Gutts' new power or anything like that. Griffith sees Gutts as his property, as a tool. He struggled to "sacrifice"/brand Gutts during the Eclipse, because part of him saw Gutts as a friend, representing that other people are important to him. But in the end his ambition and greed for achieving his dream won out, and the rest is a bloody history.

I like how Gutts has been assembling a team of supporters. The one thing I do not like, as mentioned a few chapters back, is how much space they all take up in the manga. When it was just Gutts and Puck, a panel or two every page with Puck's silly comments was fine, it even served as comic relief.
Now we have Isi, Schiernek( sp?), her fairy, Serpico, Crusader Girl (always forget her name) and retarded Caska, not to mention two recent Noble tag-a-longs who I trust won't be around much longer. And as much as I love the man, I question how much time and physical space Miura is giving to these secondary characters.

The worst part is that I like almost all of Gutts' new crew. The two nobles suck though, and I'm convinced they're just there for some plot scheme. Isi cracks me up, and a real and genuine "kid" (Schiernke is too mature, Caska doesn't count) is a really nice element to bring to the group. Caska I tolerate since I know she's going to do something awesome eventually and because she's the third leg of the plot tripod (Gutts' revenge, Griffith's dream, Caska's love). Serpico is just awesome. I love the "beady little eyes" characters. Plus he's funny, a serious asset in battle, and keeps you on your toes since you know he's still looking for a chance to betray Gutts. The Witch/Crusader girl can get on my nerves at times, but she's regaining her fighting ability and I liked her backstory. She also serves as the envoy from the rich class into Gutts' struggle, which is exactly why I think there's no room for the other two noble guys...

Schiernke. When she got introduced and it became apparent that she was joining the group, my immediate reaction was, "Not another character!" Despite this, I really have grown to like her. She's the female most in touch with her emotions, despite being just a kid, and her attraction to Gutts is a pretty awesome plot element, bordering on the taboo. She's also let Miura draw some of the most beautiful pages in the entire manga with her magic. Her "sheltered rural" reactions to the cities and people there is also new for the manga, and I like that kind of social commentary.

And I personally think the "tactics" that have accompanied Schiernke's entry into the group have been a good thing. Gutts is still only one man, and one fixed in a certain kind of fighting style. It would be impossible (and repetitive) for him to get to Griffith with just that approach. Schiernke's knowledge and help have been crucial, especially for him to keep control of himself with the Berserker Armor on. Without her Gutts would probably have cut down all of his comrades (the possible exception being Caska), and where would we be now? Gutts roaming aimlessly while Griffith takes more control of the world.

The magic, aside from offering some beautiful pages, has also provided a new counterbalance to the "evil magic" of the Behelit, the Godhands and the Eclipse. It is quite possible that this is the entry of the foil for "the Idea of God" in the manga's plot. I don't think it's going to get to the Holy/Meteor level of importance, but it'll be there.

I, btw, think that Miura is going somewhere with this "forming of the groups" thing. The kind of friendships and bonds between them are growing stronger, and they will be a factor in the final battle (assuming they make it that far...). One of the themes of Berserk is "that which is given freely and that which is taken forcibly", Gutts' friendship with Griffith, Griffith's abuse of this friendship, Gutts' group freely consenting to follow him and Griffith's graceful coercion, allies coming to him out of necessity. There's a very serious contrast between Griffith's Band and Gutts'. And in the end, as Gutts himself is living proof of, that which is given freely will be greater than whatever Griffith can coerce and manipulate.

Gutts can't make it on his own, he just can't. He failed at the Eclipse, he'd fail if he was all alone at the final battle now. His counting on his new friends will be the thing that saves him, as it already has in recent volumes. (and does this mean that Serpico and Isidoro will die? .... only Miura knows...)

well, think that was about all of my Berserk posting for a little while. I know I repeated some things from earlier posts, but this break time has let me form fuller thoughts on the whole thing. Damn I love this manga!

bagandscalpel
Wed, 11-01-2006, 04:21 PM
^ Alas, if you truly have the love for the manga that your lengthy post implies you do, then you'd remember that the Guts' Team now includes AZAN through sheer coincidence :D

Stoopider
Wed, 11-01-2006, 06:40 PM
It's somewhat nearly similar to his old band of the hawk, but I think this group is better. More unique.

It's like Muira's finally going deeper into the group and not only Gutts anymore.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 11-02-2006, 04:17 PM
I think this Story is kind of unique. I mean, how common is it to make a story about something, building it up from scratch and making it really emotional, then just drop it all. All the characters, they all just died, only to build something bigger, now that is so awesome.

And the characters, oh how great they were. I mean, I only had a few favourites; Judea, Pippin, Rickert and Caska (couting her since she now is a vege).

Stoopider
Thu, 11-02-2006, 09:15 PM
I thought they were a good team the old band of the hawks. But not unique enough. Couldn't really tell whether Pippin was truly a great warrior or even the whiney guy whatsisname. All you could tell that they were pretty good fighters, but don't know how evenly matched are they versus the new Gatts team.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 11-03-2006, 03:17 AM
The old Band of the Haw rocked. Judeau kicked more ass than an ass-kicking team of ass kickers doing some ass-kicking on overtime.

I think the whiney guy you mean is Corkus.

Stoopider
Fri, 11-03-2006, 04:32 AM
I think the whiney guy you mean is Corkus.

Yup Thanks.

I was wondering how

Azan v Pippin :D,
Judea v Serpico.
Rickerts v Isidoro

This would be a great fighting standoff! :)

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 11-03-2006, 07:30 AM
The new guys would win due to magic, but Judea would certainly win against Serpico because He'd just throw his knives and down Serpico would go.

Rickert was raised around battle and knows how to fight, he could take Isidoro if you ask me.

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-03-2006, 11:01 AM
The new guys would win due to magic, but Judea would certainly win against Serpico because He'd just throw his knives and down Serpico would go.

Rickert was raised around battle and knows how to fight, he could take Isidoro if you ask me.

I actually have to disagree. I like the old Band of the Hawk. Judeau was the fucking man, simple enough, and Caska, Rickert and Pippin were pretty crunchy also. Corkus I never liked, and it was hard to see what the hell he actually did in battle that was constructive...

No magic weapons allowed.

Rickert vs. Isidoro.... Man that's a tough one. Isi is alot more rough around the edges than Rickert was when he was in the Band. Rickert always looked like a kid trying to fight a man's battle, while Isi uses his small size and mobility as a strength. On just that alone I'm tempted to take Isi.

Pippin vs. Azan. Azan is a fucking gag character as far as I'm concerned. He does kick some ass, but Pippin was far and away the better big guy fighter.

Judeau vs. Serpico. This is one of those "depends on the situation" calls. Judeau has range, but Serpico is fast and has (IMHO) the advantage when things get close-quarters. We never get to see which of them is faster... Serpico's advantage is his intelligence. Judeau isn't stupid, but he's not as crafty or strategic as Serpico. I think Serp would even figure a way to negate Judeau's long range, and then it's Serp with the win. So, unless it was just random meeting on a chaotic battlefield (where even Serp may have trouble devising a good strategy and Judeau's throw-n-go style would be more effective) or a case where long-range would easily rule the day, it's Serpico in my eyes.

just my two cents. the "Would ____ or XXXX win in a fight?" thing has been done so many times, and people always bring their own slant to it. It's still fun though.

but yeah Judeau > Serpico just on factors of coolness.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 11-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Hell yeah Judeau's cool; He's the coolest kid in Coolville. He couldn't be any cooler if he was wearing M.C. Hammer's parachute pants.

As far as "old Hawks vs. new guys" I'm thinking Rickert could beat Isidoro. Rickert actually fought a number of battles with the Hawks. Isidoro, on the other hand, throws fire crackers.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 11-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Ishidoro doesn't have enough real battle experience to stand a chance vs Rickret.. give him one or two years of fighting 'normal' enemies and he might be worth something..
about serpico, I'm quite sure he could've taken on just about any old hawk member, even without magical items, the level of skills he has is best suited for one on one combat.

now, for the real question. Griffith against Serpico?
who would have won? (past Griffth, of course, before the entire demon lord shabang).

edit: Shinji - I think Miura started this back at 1989, if I'm not mistaken.

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 11-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Serpico has had battles with Gutts, and even in Gutts worst conditions of locations for Gutts, Serpico still coudln't win. And Gutts beat Griffith. However, that was a special battle of fate. I am convinced no character except Gutts would have been and still is, able to take Griffith down.

I mean, we all know, the reason Gutts is alive is not due to strenght alone. It is his destiny to defy the fate of the world. We learnt this when we learned about how he was born. Everyone saw him as a bad omen because of his birth. His task has always been too great for anyone to understand, including himself (one of the reasons he always felt out of place and like he had no purpose).

Oh, back to the point why no one except Gutts can beat Griffith. Griffith is also lead by the hand of destiny. Only something strong enough to defy destiny could beat Griffith.

By the way, does anyone know when he started Berserk? (Plz remind me of the creators name :))

Death BOO Z
Sat, 11-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I was talking about hypotherical battles, none of the destiney bullshit..
Gutts won against Griffith in the past becuase he was stronger, it was a very clear fight. nobody called on for some super powers, and nobody used any super stamina/willpower recovery. it was a pure one on one fight that Gutts owned Griffith. and it would have happened the same at any day at the time.
and on that matter. nowdays gutts is many times stronger than how he used to be back in his hawks days, he could probably kill his past self with only his teeth.
seriously, I saw a berserk action figure from the hawks days and from the current arc collection, and the differnce is something mad. he got buffed up in about three layers of muscle. it ain't something to look down on.

so basically, the fact the serpico couldn't win against him now, doesn't necserlly indicate on how well he would have faced against Griffith. in my eyes, current serpico is stronger than what griffth was, they both fall into the same fighting category, an serpico just seems better.

on to the destiny thing...
I disagree with what you said. he's defintally not a tool of destiny or fate, he's there becuase of the coiencidences of his life, which lead him to meet with griffth, like any other hawks member. from thier onwards, it's all his doing, his destiny was to roll over and die like the rest of the hawks, and he managed to escape that fate for a while. doesn't seem to be working so good for him right now.
by the way, as someone said earlier, Gutts defintally seems like a bad omen for the world, getting into the new hawks way to stop the Kushan invasion to europe, that probably counts as nasty for most people out there (sure, griffth's rule will be of terror, evil and what not... but when did you see a rulership without those?).

as usual, totally irelvent... I'm plannig to get my self a berserk real volume sometime this month..

Stoopider
Sat, 11-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Oh, back to the point why no one except Gutts can beat Griffith. Griffith is also lead by the hand of destiny. Only something strong enough to defy destiny could beat Griffith.

Hence I remember the God Hand called him the one who defy's destiny, or was that the skull-knight who called him that.

In that, he was supposed to die as a baby, but he kept on defying destiny and lived on. So he's living outside the realm of destiny per se, and the only one who can kill Griffith and stop him from ruling his country. Which Gutts has also done it once, needing the God Hand to intervene.

And now Gutts is probably doing it again. Hence he is the black swordsman. Gutts is a tragic antagonist. :p

bxgreatone87
Sun, 12-10-2006, 11:44 PM
It has been almost three months since the last berserk anyone know whats going on? I am a little anxcious to see what happens next and can't wait anymore lol.

Augury
Mon, 12-11-2006, 03:58 AM
Same as before. After the most recent chapter, a break of unspecified duration was announced. There's a news post on the E-G site that says not to expect anything until sometime next year.

bxgreatone87
Mon, 12-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Same as before. After the most recent chapter, a break of unspecified duration was announced. There's a news post on the E-G site that says not to expect anything until sometime next year.

Thanks for the info i didnt know that. i got a freaking neg rep for a simple comment with a dumb ass excue to, that is really sad lol

kAi
Mon, 12-11-2006, 08:52 PM
That's probably because your question has been spoken about abit in here, go back a page or two and you'll see.

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 12-13-2006, 03:49 AM
So what do you guys think will happen in the next chap? Will we see them getting to Puck's home island or will there be a long ass journey with monsters out on the ocean?

Or even worse, will we see more of the senseless wars that Griffith fight? I don't care about stuff like that, my first priority is Caska :D Seems like this Kushan invasion might take up a bit too much of what is really necesary.

Do you guys think the comming chap will be a long freakin' thing that you just love or another fart in the wind giving you a sniff of what's to come?

bagandscalpel
Wed, 12-13-2006, 04:56 AM
Or even worse, will we see more of the senseless wars that Griffith fight? I don't care about stuff like that, my first priority is Caska :D Seems like this Kushan invasion might take up a bit too much of what is really necesary.

You know, now that you mention it, "Griffith's wars" really were only interesting because Guts and the other Hawk commanders took the spotlight. That being said, though, I'd be excited to watch the battle iff the Neo-Hawk commanders decided to show off their Apostle forms to speed things up.

Stoopider
Wed, 12-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I think when they show the story about Griffith and his apostles, it's going to be through the eyes of Mule, and the other little girl who is weird. Innate sorcerer or something. Seems appropriate. I wouldn't mind if the story is about his wars. But I do wish he speed up the story line abit.

masamuneehs
Sat, 12-16-2006, 12:52 AM
I think when they show the story about Griffith and his apostles, it's going to be through the eyes of Mule, and the other little girl who is weird. Innate sorcerer or something. Seems appropriate. I wouldn't mind if the story is about his wars. But I do wish he speed up the story line abit.

much agreed. I'd love to see more of Griffith and him raising his army, and I think Mule might just be that in-road that Miura uses to keep us informed on the White Hawk's doings... don't get me wrong, Guts is the shit, but Griffith, he's the straw that stirs the drink, the true story begins and ends with him, Guts and Caska. Like Sephiroth and Grahf, Homunculi and Char Aznable, Griffith is the reason for the story being as kickass as it is. Every time I see him in a new panel it gives me this shiver and I can't help but think "God, what bastardry..."

and I think alot of people here are showing signs of tiring of all the action and fighting in the manga. And i feel very much the same. I love watching Guts tear into fools, but it does seem to "drag on", especially with these Apostle fights. I'm even worried that Miura's gonna croak before he finishes at this rate!

kAi
Tue, 12-19-2006, 09:18 AM
I should ban you for that remark (Miura croacking, that is).

It seems to drag on longer, because of the long waits between chapters, usually it is released every second and fourth Friday, and now we've had about a 3 month break, and probably won't get one for another month. I'm guessing for a release on the 9/02/07.

The next few chapters will most likely be a war between the Kushans and the Hawks, this will make more people love the Hawks, for taking out a bad side.

I don't think Griffiths and Guts will be seeing each other anytime soon.

I think I might go have another read of this before the next chapter.

Zati
Fri, 12-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Good news! it seems like the next chapter will be out January 12.

There might be some spoilers (also has c280 preview pic looks good) :
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12352.msg257422;topicseen#msg25742 2

Stoopider
Fri, 12-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Last we saw was the townfolk and soldiers getting cornered from all sides by the Kushan army. I think we're going to see Griffith, and his army going in to rescue them.

kAi
Tue, 01-02-2007, 09:11 PM
280 Preview, we're getting closer.
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/07v02.jpg

Watch the Hawks be there savior!

bagandscalpel
Wed, 01-03-2007, 01:50 AM
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/07v02.jpg
Lord of the Rings, much?

But, good news to say the least, would it be safe to assume, too, that Miura's coming back to schedule?

kAi
Wed, 01-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Lord of the Rings, much?

But, good news to say the least, would it be safe to assume, too, that Miura's coming back to schedule?
I wouldn't assume that Miura is coming back to schedule just yet, he could possibly make it another month before a release after this one. So, get your hopes to high with releases every 2nd and 4th Friday just yet.

Munsu
Fri, 01-05-2007, 12:12 PM
From a reliable news site:

Kentarou Miura's Berserk will resume serialization in issue 2 (1/12) of Hakusensha's Young Animal after a break of over three months.

kAi
Mon, 01-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Yeah, it continues but it doesn't mean much for Berserk, considering he takes little month breaks every few releases.

Just thought I would say this, last year we got 13 chapters.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 01-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah, lets just hope that he will pick up the pace.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 01-11-2007, 02:18 AM
Yeah, it continues but it doesn't mean much for Berserk, considering he takes little month breaks every few releases.

Just thought I would say this, last year we got 13 chapters.
Mmm... roughly 260 or so pages.

Shall we start referring to releases as a yearly-grouped collective, then?

Maybe begin referencing events according to the "Berserk Novel of 200X"?

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 01-12-2007, 11:09 AM
chap 280 is out and ready for all yu crazy fans. If you feel helpless in a means of getting it, try checking out www.tokyotosho.com

And here is a fun fact, the next chap will be out in exactly 2 weeks. How do you like them apples?

SilentSnake
Fri, 01-12-2007, 06:05 PM
because 280 was filled with complex and tricky images 281 will contain sticky figures impersonating characters :D

that's the only resonable explanation of why would it be released in 2 weeks time...

good chapter anyway, but where did gutts and the rest of the party hide? they're nowhere there :(

Augury
Fri, 01-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Guts & co. are one day away on a boat at sea, so of course they aren't anywhere nearby.

Also, ever since I caught up to Berserk I don't think I've ever seen it on weekly releases. It's always been one chapter every two to four weeks.

kAi
Fri, 01-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Berserk only gets released on the 2nd and 4th friday of every month, and if it doesn't it gets skipped.

Enter the Hawks to help the Vatican, now to gain even more favour from the people and more people to add to the Hawks army.

Awesome artwork done for this big battle, and soon to get bigger.

budak getah
Fri, 01-12-2007, 11:54 PM
scan by evil genuis
http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/berserk/

kAi
Wed, 01-24-2007, 10:37 AM
281 Preview, not much there but it's good to see.
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/07v03.jpg

Stoopider
Wed, 01-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Looks like Griffith is going to trump the battle field. Brilliant strategy, and send the enemies running.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 01-25-2007, 06:02 AM
God damn does Griffith piss me off or what. He is hogging the spotlight and looked upon as a hero. If they only knew, If only the world would see his true nature. Argh. Anyways, a new chap tomorrow or something like that, is gonna be sweet. Hope this war here will end soon.

Munsu
Thu, 01-25-2007, 10:13 AM
God damn does Griffith piss me off or what. He is hogging the spotlight and looked upon as a hero. If they only knew, If only the world would see his true nature. Argh. Anyways, a new chap tomorrow or something like that, is gonna be sweet. Hope this war here will end soon.
20th Century Boys is pretty much the same way, the villian taking the role of the hero in the eyes of the people.

Zati
Fri, 01-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah I agree with Bud it reminds me so much of 2CB, like the villian taking all the glory and everyone thinks his the good guy.

Evil Genius released chapter 281 :
v32 c281 (http://bt.evil-genius.us:60000/files/torrents/%5BEvil_Genius%5DBerserk_v32c281.rar.torrent)

kAi
Fri, 01-26-2007, 10:02 PM
The Kushans are going to get fucked up.

kAi
Thu, 02-08-2007, 08:10 PM
No preview this week.
282 Raw is out, no translation as of yet, and this chapter really needs one.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-09-2007, 06:38 AM
282 is out, clash of the uber apostles...

Stoopider
Fri, 02-09-2007, 06:29 PM
I wonder if Griffith would kill King Ganusha. Will it end here? Or will the King escape?

mage
Fri, 02-09-2007, 06:35 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q00LMJA0

282 by evil genius

bagandscalpel
Sun, 02-11-2007, 07:57 AM
I think I speak for most when I say this about the chapter: "Well, that WAS fast."

Far from this being a dragged out battle(feast?) between a massive human army and a small monster army, Griffith brings this entire thing to a head within one-and-a-half chapters' worth of full appearances. This is going to be great come next chapter.

Elyne
Mon, 02-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Could someone please give me a link to volume 2 and 3? The mangatrader site dosen't work, I only get a 404 Not Found, though all the others work for me..
And I've been going from page 1 to 26 clicking every singel link there is, but none works for me.

Pretty annoying since I have volume 1-30 minus 2 and 3.

Munsu
Mon, 02-12-2007, 05:35 AM
Links should be working on MT right now, let me know if they break once again.

Elyne
Mon, 02-12-2007, 06:14 AM
Lovely thanks :)

Carnage
Mon, 02-12-2007, 04:54 PM
I finally just picked up this manga two weeks ago. All I can say is how amazed I was when I read the awsomeness that is Berserk. I really can't until the next chapter comes out. I wonder what griffith has up is sleeve. And Gutts is by far one of the coolest characters I've ever seen. I hope to keep updated on weekly releases ;)

Elyne
Wed, 02-14-2007, 05:06 AM
I'm only on volume 20, but so far I've had a hard time stop reading. Also the detail of this manga is amazing. Little curious though, volume 1-4 it seems he is older then 4 -20(only as far as I've gotten) so if it the longest flashback in history or have I missed something?

kAi
Wed, 02-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Volume 1-4 happens after the eclipse then it goes into the flashback and resumes around I think volume 14.

It's a long flashback.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-14-2007, 09:39 AM
But that flashback is one of the best parts I believe.

Stoopider
Wed, 02-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I personally didn't quite liked the flashback. But it was during the time the mangaka wasn't too sure about the character of Gutts. Like the first picture where Gutts is having sex with a monster. Gutts of today would never have sex with anyone else either than Caska. And he was more cynical.

But it was before he wrote the Golden Age.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 02-14-2007, 08:25 PM
I personally didn't quite liked the flashback. But it was during the time the mangaka wasn't too sure about the character of Gutts. Like the first picture where Gutts is having sex with a monster. Gutts of today would never have sex with anyone else either than Caska. And he was more cynical.

But it was before he wrote the Golden Age.
Hate to nitpick, but I think you're confusing the Black Swordsman arc with the Golden Age arc (which IS the glorified flashback).

Stoopider
Wed, 02-14-2007, 08:42 PM
isn't the Golden Age the past before the mosters we're all out? I'm talking about the very first 3 volumes, compared to after volume 9. By then, the Mangaka have a better feel about Gutts characters.

Ahh. Sematics. :p You know what I mean. Gutts would never have sex with a monster just to kill it.

mage
Wed, 02-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I don't remember Guts ever having sex with a monster. What chapter is this?

kAi
Wed, 02-14-2007, 09:24 PM
It's like the first 3 pages of volume 1.

mage
Wed, 02-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Ah. Guess I totally forgot about that.

Elyne
Thu, 02-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Volume 1-4 happens after the eclipse then it goes into the flashback and resumes around I think volume 14.

It's a long flashback.

Thanks for the explaination. Have to say I loved the flashback, sort of made everything make a little more sense. Btw, is his name Gatts or Gutts? And the elf, is it Pack or Pukk? The translations sometimes vary. One last question, is the characters talking alot of slang or is that also just the translaters?

I'm just on vol 28, so would like it if you don't spoil to much by answering these simple questions, of course, not saying you aren't alowed to talk about it otherwise, just not on answering me :P

bagandscalpel
Thu, 02-15-2007, 04:48 AM
As long as I can remember, I've always known the duo as "Guts" and "Puck." Thinking that the "Gatts" came from the Japanese pronunciation "Gatsu," but who knows.

Not sure where there's an excessive usage of slang... could you possibly point out the specific parts, and which scanslators are you reading from?

FullMetalAlchemist
Mon, 02-19-2007, 11:45 PM
For some reason i can nevcer open anything from evil genius >.< so ive missed out on the last couple capters /cry. anyone know why i can't open anything from them but i can always open naruto/bleach manga scans lol. If you know a program to open it i would really appreciate it.

Meteros
Tue, 02-20-2007, 12:35 AM
trusty winrar opens anything

FullMetalAlchemist
Tue, 02-20-2007, 12:50 AM
trusty winrar opens anything

tried it, didnt work lol. thanks for trying to help though.

kAi
Tue, 02-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Trusty CDisplay should view it.

282 Preview.
Griffith v Ganishka
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/07v05.jpg

bagandscalpel
Tue, 02-20-2007, 09:41 AM
I like how Ganishka's unable to even touch Griffith with his residual mist.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 02-20-2007, 02:27 PM
If Ganishka isn't even able to touch Griffith, then how in the devils name will Gutts ever be able to? (Oh, I say the devils name because Griffith here is a god and he is evil, so the devil must be one of the good guys).

I know this won't happen, but I hope Ganishka kicks a little ass.

Elyne
Wed, 02-21-2007, 06:59 PM
As long as I can remember, I've always known the duo as "Guts" and "Puck." Thinking that the "Gatts" came from the Japanese pronunciation "Gatsu," but who knows.

Not sure where there's an excessive usage of slang... could you possibly point out the specific parts, and which scanslators are you reading from?

Taking a closer looks it seems it's only bandits and mercenaries that talked that way.. guessing it just has to do with education/growing up.

Carnage
Wed, 02-21-2007, 08:07 PM
How often does a chapter come out?

kAi
Wed, 02-21-2007, 08:22 PM
I've probably answered this question twice in the last 2 weeks, last time.

Chapters are released on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of a month.

and we have another chapter
283 raw is out, but no translating at this time.

Also some bad news, April 6th is the next day of release.

masamuneehs
Thu, 02-22-2007, 02:41 AM
it's been awhile since i've read Berserk. Wanted to go back a little ways to keep everything in perspective.

Serpico was awesome, jumping in between Guts and Zodd in chap277! I mean, to have the balls to stand up to those two, and appealing to the warmer side of Guts. "Like you'd care about pissing contests between monsters?" obviously hinting about how he has to protect Caska. I thought that was solid of him.

i can't really say that the weekly chapters focusing on the big battles does much for me. it was cool to see the Neo Band of the Hawk in action for the first time, and more of Griffith's genius/godliness is always a cool bonus. This story is so driven by the old characters for me that I really only like chapters with them in it. I couldn't even care less about the Kushan prince (although he is starting to look like he might be influential in the long run) or the Midland/Vatican army. The only thing I liked was the shots of Griffith looking pimp

kAi
Thu, 02-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Just read the translation for 283, and damn. You get some nice information from it, and the setup for another time.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-23-2007, 03:25 AM
yes, 283 is out and uber.
go read, Griffith's after the emperor's power, and he's going to make Genshika his own...

Munsu
Tue, 03-06-2007, 11:35 AM
I bet one of the Kushan army soldiers, the one that seems like he's a prince or something forgot if his name was ever mentioned, will join Guts and his group.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
I bet one of the Kushan army soldiers, the one that seems like he's a prince or something forgot if his name was ever mentioned, will join Guts and his group.
Aye, Silat seems to be shaping up into that role in which he'll eventually come to oppose both his demonic master and the forces of the White Hawk. Though, I don't expect this to happen until Guts and co. make a return trip from Elfhelm (which I don't see happening until after 2 more volumes, bare minimum).

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Tomorrow we get the next chap of Berserk. What is to happen, will we finally continue Guts journey towards elfheim of will we have another boring chap about Griffiths grace?

mage
Thu, 04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Most likely we'll end up seeing Griffith for the whole chapter, then a page or two of Guts.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 04-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Tomorrow we get the next chap of Berserk. What is to happen, will we finally continue Guts journey towards elfheim of will we have another boring chap about Griffiths grace?
Come now, give the fellow some credit! I mean, wasn't it at least entertaining to see Ganishka literally wither in Griffith's presence?

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 04-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Well...... No! I want him dead, I want him crawling in front of Guts sword begging for his life. I want him to plead and suffer, and then I want him to die. Ganishka was only a small pebble on the road.

I get pissed off by anything and everything that makes Griffith look like a hero. He IS the bad guy and people are so gulleble in the manga, argh!!!

budak getah
Sat, 04-14-2007, 03:06 AM
Berserk 284 By Evil Genius is out

You can view it here (http://anip.homeunix.com:81/onlinereading/?path=Berserk/Volume%20031-035/volume%20032/)

kAi
Sat, 04-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Nice episode and some things mentioned.

Chapter Talk
Griffiths is now engaged to Charlotte and that will be making him soon to be King, and once the Pontiff shows up it should be able to be finalised and legit.

Stoopider
Sat, 04-14-2007, 11:01 PM
I agree. And Griffith has already saved the Pope.

Griffith will be King. No one can stop him, either than Gatts. Now do we go back to Gatts and the island of Fairies? :D

kAi
Sun, 04-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I think Griffiths will become King, I think it will stay focused with Griffiths for a while now. You'll probably see the Pontiff show up. As they were saved just recently and probably on the way to Vritannis.

mage
Sun, 04-15-2007, 01:10 PM

You can view it here (http://anip.homeunix.com:81/onlinereading/?path=Berserk/Volume%20031-035/volume%20032/)
Why not just give a link to the file itself?

http://bt.evil-genius.us:60000/files/torrents/%5BEvil_Genius%5DBerserk_v32c284.rar.torrent

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-15-2007, 08:51 PM

thnx! I came

seriously. Griffith is so fucking smart and manipulative... it's almost hard to keep hating him because he constantly surprises and impresses with his godliness. I love how he shut up those Midland nobles. You think they'd have been a bit more grateful... he just saved them from Kushan raping them...

that one Kushan prince's witnessing Griffith and the Kushan Emperor talking... yeah, he's probably going to wind up joining Gutts.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 04-16-2007, 07:53 AM
ANd man does that piss me off or what, can't someone please put a sock in him?

Stoopider
Mon, 04-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Griffith is evil only to the eyes of Gatts. If not he's a perfect saint, the saviour of the world/midland.

Poor Gatts.

kAi
Thu, 04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
285 Preview
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/07v09.jpg

budak getah
Sat, 04-28-2007, 11:17 PM
. BERSERK 285 Raw (http://anip.homeunix.com:81/onlinereading/?path=Berserk/Volume%20031-035/volume%20032/)

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 04-29-2007, 05:55 AM
Berserk translated at www.tokyotosho.com . Search and you shall find it. and god what torment, not another chap until 22:nd of june, that's just way too harsh.

kAi
Sun, 04-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Well, the Pontiff has now given his consent to the marriage, and it shall proceed.

Yeah, real harsh considering that he said he should get back on pace after the big battle, 1000+ people chapters.

Carnage
Sun, 04-29-2007, 09:10 AM
!_! Kai you just made my day. I hope the scanlation comes out soon....

animus
Sun, 04-29-2007, 09:33 AM
It's already out, btw

Chapter 285 - Evil Genius (http://bt.evil-genius.us:60000/files/torrents/%5BEvil_Genius%5DBerserk_v32c285.rar.torrent)

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-29-2007, 05:53 PM
chp285

very interesting chapter. I liked the nobles' discussion, that blonde one is pretty sharp.
And what was also very interesting, which has been alluded to before, is on pg. 4 when one noble quietly remarks to an ally, “each country [involved in the effort against the Kushan] had already made a secret pact as to the post-war division of lands and controlled territories...” So they're all pissed because now Griffith (thru Charlotte) will try to maintain the Midland government and they'll all be empty handed after getting whooped by the Kushan.

Hadn't seen Firenze's dad for awhile (he's Lord Vandemion, right?), he was pretty tart with Griffith too. Guts may yet find some allies in this so-called Holy Alliance to go against Griffith... Surely not everyone will buy into that senile old pontiff's “divine revelation” and simply follow Griffith. They might be of some use to Guts, if they're smart enough to survive that long.

The pope is such a zombie. I jcstm'd upon seeing him and then really serious lol'd at the two page spread of him just falling face flat in front of Griffith.

Everyone having that same, super vague dream is such the crap that the common rabble would latch on to though... Griffith just shined his shoes in the tears of the unborn children this chapter.

jcstm = just chuckled softly to myself, much more accurate than lulz

Genma
Sun, 04-29-2007, 11:10 PM
These past few chapters have kind of bored me. I'm all for character interaction and development, which Berserk does very well, but the fact that so few chapters are released throughout the year makes some of the chapters very boring, such as this one.

My only comment for this particular chapter is that I wish our pope looked like Berserk's.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 05-15-2007, 11:39 AM
agree with ya 100%. been thinking about ditching berserk for a year or so, but what would there be left :P

lilphatboi88
Tue, 05-29-2007, 03:36 AM
I'm currently on episode 15 on the anime beserk. Is there a forum here just for the anime? And are there only 25 episodes in the anime?

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 05-29-2007, 06:15 AM
No, there is no forum section especially for the Anime. And hopefully you haven't read too much in this section either since it contains spoilers beyond everything.

So, you've made it to Berserk, happy days. Sorry, no more than 25 episodes. It will have to do since the maker of the manga has been saying that there won't be more seasons in the anime... at least not until the manga is finished. And even when it's finished it's pretty unlikely.

But finish those and then take a look at the manga, it will save your year :P

lilphatboi88
Tue, 05-29-2007, 06:54 AM
thanks for the insight, unfortunately, I've been googling beserk and heard of some interesting spoilers. I heard about Griffith and how Guts got his arm and missing right eye. Guess I'll have to see if it makes sense in the anime. O well. I'll be back.

Deadfire
Tue, 05-29-2007, 08:36 AM
thanks for the insight, unfortunately, I've been googling beserk and heard of some interesting spoilers. I heard about Griffith and how Guts got his arm and missing right eye. Guess I'll have to see if it makes sense in the anime. O well. I'll be back.

If you have been googling berserk and only got those spoilers then you were lucky then.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 05-29-2007, 10:07 AM
these spoilers do kind of stick in your head. I read that Guts beats Griffith in a battle and leaves the band of the hawk. Then griffith loses his composure and does something with the princess and is sent to jail. He is then beaten to the point where he is crippled. And he sacrifices his band and gets reincarnated as a type of god. And somewhere along the lines, Guts rapes Caska.

I've never enjoyed reading manga because it seems so cut dry, but beserk really seems like a good story to follow.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Some of your facts are a little mixed around. Stop spoiling yourself or you'll miss out on one of the best manga series (at least until some of the recent chapters).

Or catch up as fast as you can. Some of the best material is after the anime material.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Not to spoil by unspoiling for you, but Guts NEVER ever rapes Caska....

animus
Tue, 05-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Not consciously, he goes kinda berserk with rage and bites one of her tits leaving marks, making her scared of him permanently (or atleast she is still in recent chapters). I forget what caused him to be so angry in the first place.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 05-29-2007, 02:37 PM
lilphatboi88, for gods sake, do NOT read any of the threads posted here. including my thread here.

He was fighting the demon inside himself. The big ugly dog who wants him to a be a savage. The one he still fights whenever he uses his armor. He was having a period, she was about to be raped by some men and she had a flash of what happened to her at the birth of femto. So she killed them, and well, Guts kinda snapped when he saw her naked.

Edit: Btw, does anyone know where I can find the Wallpaper of Guts when he is sitting down with his cape and his sword and on the left of him there is a huge formation of people making up the brand... It's all in red. Anyone know of it?

bagandscalpel
Wed, 05-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Reluctantly jumping onto the irate fan-bandwagon, the story seriously needs to shift focus. I truly miss having Guts as the dominant driving force of the story, hence the Retribution arc being my favorite.

That being said, when do you all predict the Millenium Falcon arc will end, if it's not the final act?

lilphatboi88
Thu, 05-31-2007, 07:22 AM
Well, I am done watching the anime. Now where do I start?

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 05-31-2007, 07:43 AM
Isn't that obvious? Start reading it from the beginning and you'll do just fine. Just read one box after the other. Do not skip ahead in the manga just because you've seen the anime, you'll miss bundles that isn't in the anime. you might find the manga att www.tokyotosho.com

kAi
Thu, 05-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Start at the beginning you can get it all from mangatraders.

Reluctantly jumping onto the irate fan-bandwagon, the story seriously needs to shift focus. I truly miss having Guts as the dominant driving force of the story, hence the Retribution arc being my favorite.

That being said, when do you all predict the Millenium Falcon arc will end, if it's not the final act?
Yeah, I'm much the same with having Guts as the dominant force, it's so much better when he's in the light.

Not sure with how long the Millenium Falcon arc will last but they might change it not to long after or at the Elfhiem place or they will change it up after Griffiths gets crowned King.

animus
Thu, 05-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Wait, this arc is called the Millenium Falcon arc? I thought I recalled it being called something else like Millenium Hawk. Millenium Falcon just brings up the image of Han Solo, Star Wars, Chewbacca and the ship mostly.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 05-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Wait, this arc is called the Millenium Falcon arc? I thought I recalled it being called something else like Millenium Hawk. Millenium Falcon just brings up the image of Han Solo, Star Wars, Chewbacca and the ship mostly.
Hahahaha, I see what you mean.

I've been wrestling with this issue, myself, and ended up giving in to calling it the "Millenium Falcon" arc because of the familiar Star Wars connotations. Also, I remember some group's scanslations of Berserk (around the time Griffith started attacking the Kushan) that used "falcon" everywhere people like you or I expect "hawk."

Oh, and the Berserk Encyclopedia on skullknight.net uses Millenium Falcon, as well, so that might also be where it stuck to me.

Genma
Thu, 05-31-2007, 03:25 PM
I've never seen the arc called anything else besides Millenium Falcon, but yeah, it reminds me of Star Wars everytime I read it as well.

I don't really mind when they decide switch arcs (provided, of course, this isn't the last one), so long as they throw Guts back into the picture. I'm with pretty much everyone else on this one: the manga really needs to return focus to Guts. However, maybe this is a ploy to draw even more distaste towards Griffith, by making him the center of attention for a bundle of chapters.

masamuneehs
Thu, 05-31-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm with pretty much everyone else on this one: the manga really needs to return focus to Guts. However, maybe this is a ploy to draw even more distaste towards Griffith, by making him the center of attention for a bundle of chapters.

I actually really enjoy when the focus is on Griffith... I enjoy the action and of course am a total Guts fanboy, but what keeps me reading Berserk is the story, not the gory violence. Guts' chapters can leave me feeling pretty unfulfilled when they're just parts of a fight, but almost everytime Griffith is around, it has something to do with the story...

However, I do not appreciate when Miura focuses on the new, demonic members of "the Band of the Hawk". Aside from that one eerie chick and Zodd, I couldn't care less about the archer, armor and all those other super strong Disciples.

But I'm fine with the current chapters focusing on Griffith and the aftermath of the war. That stuff is pretty important, with the pope and Charlotte and all. I mean, can you imagine if the manga just followed Guts' voyage and then had him come back to Midland without any explanation of all the stuff that we're seeing now?

I'm hoping that when they do go back to Guts, that he's already reached that island. I'm not so keen on a bunch of chapters dealing with them fishing out at sea...

Carnage
Thu, 05-31-2007, 08:31 PM
I have to agree with masa on this one. Even though Guts is one of my favorite all time characters in all of manga, I like how Griffith's story is developed on how he attains his long lasting dream.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 05-31-2007, 08:51 PM
All I want to see for the moment is what happens to Caska.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-31-2007, 09:14 PM
For Caska, I predict some drooling, possibly some biting, and countless amounts of "Ahh" noises.

Something better change in her condition when they reach that island. Everyone else has had development in the last 10+ volumes.