PDA

View Full Version : Next Arc

Kenshiro
Tue, 08-17-2004, 07:07 AM
Hey,

What do you guys think the next arc will be about? Im worried because at the moment everything is revolving around Sas-gay.

If its about Akatsuki, then Itachi is involved, and so basically its more about the 3 Uchiha's.

If its about Oro, then its definately only about Sasuke.

I hope we get a bit of comic relief as we havent had a funny chpt in ages.

I personally reckon its going to be about Akatsuki.

Whoever guesses correctly wins $10000000000000000000

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 08-17-2004, 07:35 AM
it'll probably be about akatsuki otherwise sasuke's training under Oro and Naruto's training and if that's not it they'll probably do some time jump i guess

Eurasian
Tue, 08-17-2004, 04:40 PM
i hope it's about the akatsuki. cuz itachi hadn't appeared for so long...i miss insanely strong ppl. and i wonder how powerful the other members are.

PSJ
Tue, 08-17-2004, 05:01 PM
akatsuki si waht it should be about. i want to see more of the akatsuki members.

Knives122
Tue, 08-17-2004, 05:06 PM
we most likely will, after the time jump

hopeknight
Tue, 08-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
we most likely will, after the time jump

Is the time jump before or after Naruto collects all the Dragon Balls? (yay sarcasm)

I'm guessing there is going to be a time jump soon. As for the details of the next arc, hopefully it'll have character development for some of the other characters, this arc built up a few characters, however, the girls are still getting squat for development.

Kumiriko
Tue, 08-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Maybe it will be The village Dealing with the dual death of Naruto and sasuka since the Two attcks cause a change Reaction ripping them both to little ribbons. But serusly. I want to know what has happend to the rest of the team and the concluson to that Conflict

Masamune
Tue, 08-17-2004, 11:14 PM
something along the lines, of being dispatched to another country , to help would be nice to see.

Mut
Tue, 08-17-2004, 11:23 PM
whatever it's about, it better have itachi kicking some major ass.

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 08-18-2004, 12:50 AM
My bias,

I personally don't want any time jumping in Naruto, its been what? 226 chapters, and i have a great attachment with the current characters now (i can't picture Gai with white hair as an old man, or Ero Senin dying from old age i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif) Plus, Naruto is funniest when they are young i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i hope they don't change that. If you skip a few years, then Sasuke for all we know could already be possessed by Oro, i don't think kishimoto wants his fav character to be permanently bad =/

Oh well, i can't stop it if its true, but still, i don;t think its a good idea to take after dragonball in this aspect, at least, not until Atkasuki and Itachi are taken care of i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif or Oro for god's sake lol

Alu
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:22 AM
My guess would be a training arc of some sort with Oro , sasuke, naruto , and jiraiya. I think Akatsuki will be involved, and I can almost certainly sense Sakura growing some in this arc. I mean, she can't possibly stay at her current level through the whole series.

PSJ
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:47 AM
well all i know is that there will be no time jumping. i mean how will he explain why akatsuki didnt try to capture naruto for 6 years and instead let him become more powerful? doesnt make any sense at all.

hopeknight
Wed, 08-18-2004, 02:13 AM
When I think of possible time jumps, I don't think of anything beyond 1 or 2 years. If it was longer, there would be too much change to the characters, but it would be long enough for them to get some new surprises up there sleeves.

Also, almost all character development in this series is done through flashbacks, and I think the flashback material is starting to run thin.

Lefty
Wed, 08-18-2004, 02:16 AM
A time jump is several chapters down the line. Kishimoto has like a billion lose ends to tie up and then set a strong foundation for the next arc. But i do wish to see some f-ing character development with the girls. I kinda want to see how Sakura deals with Sasuke not comming back, actually I want to see how every one deals with the after math of Sasuke's departure.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
whatever it's about, it better have neji kicking some major ass.

Corrected it for you!

Masamune
Wed, 08-18-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

whatever it's about, it better have kabuto kicking some major ass.

Corrected it for you!

Corrected it for you!

kAi
Wed, 08-18-2004, 07:40 AM
as people have mentioned

most probably an Akatsuki arc, with some training and character developments after this whole Sasuke incident...

Eurasian
Wed, 08-18-2004, 11:27 AM
yah, more character development...BUT NOT ON SAKURA!!! they don't need to waste anymore of the precious 20 pages per week on her.

i don't want anymore flashbacks right now. since they did just finish one. they should just explain it or something. i want to see the present.

PSJ
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by: Masamune

whatever it's about, it better have jiraiya kicking some major ass.

Corrected it for you!

Corrected it for you!

Corrected it for you!

Knives122
Wed, 08-18-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

Corrected it for you!

Corrected it for you!

Corrected it for you!

I corrected it for everyone, now back to the topic, I can see at least 3 years in a time jump if it happened that way they could tell you what happened in 3 long chapters. simple as that

Assertn
Thu, 08-19-2004, 02:24 AM
the next saga is about konohamaru going through manhood, with a few moments of drama along the way, but never leaving without learning of life's lessons

PSJ
Thu, 08-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122

Corrected it for you!

Corrected it for you!

Corrected it for you!

I corrected it for everyone, now back to the topic, I can see at least 3 years in a time jump if it happened that way they could tell you what happened in 3 long chapters. simple as that

thats the same correction i did..................

there will be no time jump before akatsuki starts going after naruto again or before we get to know why they arent going after him.

Stęgan
Thu, 08-19-2004, 04:24 PM
only thing i want to happen is humor and ass-whoppin

Knives122
Thu, 08-19-2004, 04:43 PM
maybe the next arc will be about what naruto does when he steps on crap, and they can drag that on for 30 chapters

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:09 PM
If this arc ends right, I don't anything being lighthearted in the forseable future. Something about Naruto's troubles with akatsuki would be cool (but I'd like naruto to be a little more prepared before that happens), something about Sasuke would be cool as well (before he dissapears and they focus on Naruto again.) Since Oro won't be able to use the body for some time, the preparation of the body would be nice to see. It would also be cool to see the backgrounds and development of some other characters, revolving around kakashi. Oooooh! Flashbacks of the 4th, but this time with looooooooots of significant information about who he was and how strong he was . Actually, that would be my favorite thing to happen next.

AlbinoFury
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:41 PM
its hard to predict the outcome of this battle is gonna lead the rest of the story so who knows
\

Icelander
Fri, 08-20-2004, 01:49 PM
I dont want this and I know you dont want this but we know this manga inside out.. next arc: flashback from chapter 1-226 i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

edit: that should cover about 100arc or something...

edit2: I was wrong i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Stoopider
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Unfortunately is going to be something concerning Naruto again. Aih. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

I think what 'MIGHT' happen is that Jiraiya takes Naruto into hiding and special training, so that he grows quickly if he ever would have to fight any Akatsuki. Because at his current level now, no way can he stand up against any of them.

Some arc's I'd like to see =

Whats Tsunade going to do now that she's Hokage - Combine forces with Sand and crush the Sound?, in which Orochimaru has to flee with Kabuto and Sasuke?

The other team members, probably now the focus instead on Naruto, it continues an arc about some other character. For the love of God not Hinata PLEASE! - Probably Sasuke. (WHICH WOULD BE VERY VERY INTERESTING), getting a view of the bad guy, entering the sound village, treated like crap, and trains under Orochimaru until the Leaf and the Sand comes crashing down their village, and Sasuke for the very first time have to put his tail between his legs and run, only making it out because Kakashi couldn't kill him.

The problem with Naruto is that Kishimoto has made the Naruto world so rich with it's characters and ninja clans. SO much so, that although Naruto is still the main hero, you can throw in nearly any character from his group of 9 (Except Sakura and Ino) as the protogenist and the story would still be extremely interesting. Who wouldn't want to see Shino, Neji, shika, or even konohamaru take the limelight once in a while?

JerV
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:27 PM
I am so sick and tired of Sasuke that I hope he gets taken by Oro and we dont see him again for a few years . Also why people like him I cant understand he was a cold unfriendly bastard and now hes a traitor to, I would like to see Naruto smash a Rasengan through his face but that wont happen.

Icelander
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
you can throw in nearly any character from his group of 9 (Except Sakura and Ino) as the protogenist and the story would still be extremely interesting. Who wouldn't want to see Shino, Neji, shika, or even konohamaru take the limelight once in a while?

Well we really havent seen any action of Konohamaru really, but not sure he is ready to kick ANY ass yet i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

PSJ
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately is going to be something concerning Naruto again. Aih.

I think what 'MIGHT' happen is that Jiraiya takes Naruto into hiding and special training, so that he grows quickly if he ever would have to fight any Akatsuki. Because at his current level now, no way can he stand up against any of them.

i would like to see that arc. that would be interesting.

hornetmike
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:56 PM
I second that actually. that would be a nice arc to see.

Assertn
Fri, 08-20-2004, 02:59 PM
yeah, cause there hasnt yet been an arc where naruto and jiraiya go on an adventure with just the two of them.......

oh wait....there has.......

PSJ
Fri, 08-20-2004, 04:43 PM
this isnt quite the same he said go in hiding i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif no seriously it would be great seeing naruto train with jiraiya, sasuke with orochimaru and sakura with tsunade(dont know how that will happen tho) and i really dont care if there is another naruto and jiraiya arc, they are the coolest characters in the show cant get to much of them.

RasenDori
Fri, 08-20-2004, 05:09 PM
this isnt quite the same he said go in hiding no seriously it would be great seeing naruto train with jiraiya, sasuke with orochimaru and sakura with tsunade(dont know how that will happen tho) and i really dont care if there is another naruto and jiraiya arc, they are the coolest characters in the show cant get to much of them.

ad neji to that and weve got a perfect arc...wait...nejis dead...damn...

jing
Fri, 08-20-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm hoping Itachi comes and stop the fight between them two, and captures them both.

Assertn
Fri, 08-20-2004, 11:17 PM
nah man, its better when they have all the characters mingle together.....i think its totally badass how kishimoto had different members of the rookie 9 + sand + neji/lee team up. When its the same people teamed up all the time, it gets old

Knives122
Fri, 08-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Its always better when things are more diverse, putting different people with completely different views on the world ends up being really really cool in animes

EpoC
Sat, 08-21-2004, 07:05 AM
I would like to see naruto become a chunnin after he gets his ass back to the village. And then he would do alot of higher rank missions for a while, at the same time we see sasuke get devoured by the dark side and become mega evil and trains hard under orochimaru, and brainwashed to. And the most important is that naruto will changes his clothes to a chunnin uniform, with a flak jacket and all. Or at least change his clothes.

Stoopider
Sat, 08-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Hmm. to be honest I don't mind actually if the stories continue's focusing on Sasuke. Although I'm one of you guys at the very head of the pack that Sasuke is a gay faggot bastard and should die a slow and painful death.

But it would be very interesting to see from his eyes, as he betrays the leaf and joins Orochimaru. Then we'll see Sasuke joining the Sound Academy, and learns how to assassinate mercilessly without emotions.. bomb hospitals, destroy bridges, trap other ninja's. And flip out and kill a whole town.

Sasuke gets to do bastardious missions like assassinate the Fire countries ministers, and surplant the nation, then after a while, see him in missions to battle off the Leafs and the Sand ninja's. Or see him going together with Kabuto, negotiating with other nations, like the rain or wind to join forces to take on the Leaf/Sand alliance.

Then probably fall in love with another male hunky ninja, and have a warped love triangle story involving Orochimaru, Sasuke and Hunky man.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Stoopider: There has been a hole about Sasuke and his fricking must get strong so i can kill my brother,i dont want to see Sasuke for a long long time....

I want an arc with several of the genins of konoha + the sand genins. I would like to an adventuar about Shika being the group leder of the team with Naruto,Neji,Shino and they are doing several cool mission for the leaf. Mostly i want to go back to konoha so i can see how everbody is,throw in some akatsuki story maybe a new member of the them,then it would be a perfect arc.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:35 PM
you know, i would really like to see Kishimonto pulling a twist on us... something like after Sasuke runs away (god, why can't he run already? when Garra run away from the stadium it only took a chapter for him to escape...) Naruto goes back to the villiage, and before getting there he's kiddnapped by Akatsuki new member....
then we'll have a month or so of seeing how everyone's dealing with the fact that both Naruto and Sasuke are gone (Sakura: "damn! who'll protect me now?" Kakashi: "Damn! now i'll have to teach Sakura!" Jiraya: "Damn, I haven't learned Sexy no justu yet!") and getting on with thier life, and suddenly hearing about some super crimes... then we switch off to naruto, who has been completly brainwashed and 'eviled up' by Itachi and his merry band of ring wearers. after that we see Sasuke coming to kill Itachi but is defeated by a masked warrior, which turns out to be Naruto. once Sasuke sees that, he goes back to the leaf to ask what happened and from there on, a 'save Naruto' arc begins...

Lame? yes. Immpossible? yes. Better than the last 40 chaptere? hell yes!

Edit: check out my new Avatar... isn't it the most amazing thing you've ever seen?

w455up
Sat, 08-21-2004, 08:23 PM
What I'd like to see next, after all this is done, is just Kakashi ruminating on how all this had come to pass, how Naruto and Sasuke's "friendship" broke down...and then we get to see a Kakashi flashback arc! I'm sure we'd put up with months of flashbacks if they dealt with Kakashi's history, right? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Sat, 08-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
Edit: check out my new Avatar... isn't it the most amazing thing you've ever seen?

maybe if i had a clue about what the hell its supposed to be.....then i can tell ya if its amazing or not i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Doc
Sun, 08-22-2004, 04:55 AM
I have a feeling that during the fight the Akatsuki come for Naruto. Sasuke ends up helping Naruto fight them back only to both losing the fight. Jiraya ends up coming in and ending the fight only to notice Sasuke has disappeared.

Rather then chase after him with Akatsuki around Naruto/Jiraya go back to Kohona. Both groups being persued by the Akatsuki Sasuke/Orchimaru and Naruto/Jiraya train. We end up finding Akatsuki members have been secretly getting to the heads of all the countries in order to take them over.

DeathscytheVII
Tue, 08-24-2004, 02:01 AM
As long as we get some nice backstory on Kakashi (anyone notice how he mysteriously disappears from the plot? i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif)

im all for it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

jing
Sat, 10-09-2004, 11:43 PM
I don't think Akatsuki will go for naruto after a time jump.... akatsuki does not wait. it gets what it wants...

originalkrn
Sat, 10-09-2004, 11:55 PM
that is true...maybe after they observed sasuke and naruto's fight they want to capture sasuke too because of his overwhelming chakra in that battle.

Himura_san
Sun, 10-10-2004, 05:17 AM
I think it will be about Akatsuki.

Souryusen
Sun, 10-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Bah.. the next arc should be completely about Kakashi dominating people's shit.

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-10-2004, 09:24 AM
I don't understand why the hell everybody keeps chattering about time jumps...

Souryusen
Sun, 10-10-2004, 09:37 AM
I don't understand why the hell everybody keeps chattering about time jumps...

Probably because of the vast difference in power between the genins and the people they'll be forced to deal with... there doesn't seem to be a way to close the gap without years of training. I, for one, don't want to see a time jump. Not a signifigant one anyway.

I'm not sure how long the series is supposed to be, but if its got a ways to go then Kishimoto should be able to age the characters another year or two just by pacing his chapters right.

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-10-2004, 10:53 AM
But wouldn't those years of training make the badguys stronger aswell?

HimizujinEternia
Sun, 10-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Badguy arrogance makes it so the villians rarely train. I think the only villian in this series that will get consistently stronger is Sasuke.

jing
Sun, 10-10-2004, 11:12 AM

Nice.

But really, if there was a time jump it would suck. I don't want to see an older version of Naruto, because naruto is wicked as a kid and it just wont be the same.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 10-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Mmmh, given that the ninja's "prime" is said to be when they are around Kakashi and Itachi's age, a time jump would make some stronger and some weaker, while the genin need at least five or six years to reach Itachi-like levels (if they were to aquire such kick-ass power, which some would, definitely).

So say Kishimoto actually does a five year time jump, making the genin around 17/18... besides the raging hormones in the air, nothing would change much. Itachi would be in his prime, while Jiraiya, Tsunade and Oro would lose some power and Kakashi... well, I don't think he'd change much in five years.

The reasons I don't think there'll be a time jump is basically that the Akatsuki wont wait for Naruto to get stronger before taking him and getting the Kyubi for themselves. It'd be downright idiotic - "Oh, I know, let's wait a few years so that the brat trains under one of the Legendary Sannin, so he can actually fight back when we try to capture him!!"

So no time jump, I think.

On the other hand, if it happens, I'll console myself with the fact that hormones will rule over rational thought. Wheeee!

Souryusen
Sun, 10-10-2004, 12:06 PM

Anime/Vidgame logic dictates that a badguy isn't allowed to train until the good guys kick his/her ass.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-10-2004, 02:52 PM
For christ sake can we forget about itachi. If the long awaited atsuki organization story arc finally begins I want to see some of the other members. Itachi is not god. It would'nt surprise me if there are other members that are far stronger then him.Heck maybe even venus flytrap man can kick his ass point is we won't know until kishimoto tells us.

I want to learn about the Atsuki. I want to know what their motivations are. Hell I want to know why so many strong ninjas are so willing to go around and run errends for this damn organization. Bring it on Kishimoto.

Although if i had to guess i think the Atsuki arc will end in a huge climax with something like the Kyubi being released then it fades out and we get the time jump. Another interesting thing to note is that the atsuki organization has nine members. The demon fox has nine tails. In the original naruto pilot there the fox was stopped by nine legendary human warriors. just some food for thought.

Mut
Sun, 10-10-2004, 03:02 PM
no one alive is stronger than itachi. don't get it confused.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-10-2004, 04:25 PM
He is the not the strongest. It has never been stated that he is the strongest. I'm really really sick of all of this itachi is god bull shit. Yes he is extremely skilled and yes is bloodline skills are very scary but that dosen't not mean he's invincible. He ran away two times if I remember correctly. If he was so damn invincible he would have gotten naruto by now.

Mut
Sun, 10-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
He is the not the strongest. It has never been stated that he is the strongest. I'm really really sick of all of this itachi is god bull shit. Yes he is extremely skilled and yes is bloodline skills are very scary but that dosen't not mean he's invincible. He ran away two times if I remember correctly. If he was so damn invincible he would have gotten naruto by now.
sorry, you're wrong.

i never said he is invincible, but unfortunately for all you haters, he is the strongest we've seen so far. and what 'two' times did he 'run away?' he had specific reasons for retreating, if you had paid attention you wouldn't be saying ridiculous things like that.

and the reason why naruto isn't captured is for plot developement/kishimoto's decision.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 10-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Ooooooh yes, please, lets start arguing about Itachi!! It's never been done before, and I'm sure everybody must have something smart and logical to say about him!!

The next two or three chapters will deal with Konoha accepting the fact that Sasuke pulled an Anakin and joined the dark side. Given how Naruto was basically the only one that ended with no holes all over his body (fine, so Shikamaru's fine too), maybe he'll be hated again by the village... which reminds me that some people used to say something like "Kishimoto needs to find a new reason for the townpeople to hate Naruto, the Kyubi thing is getting old.", so there's your new reason.

After that, it'll move on to something else - either another training arc or an Akatsuki arc.
If its a purely-training arc, with no other goals, it should be kinda short, but it'll surely be mixed with something else. Regarding Akatsuki, I have the feeling that we'll finally meet some new members and one of them at least will be all like "Hah, I'm stronger than Itachi!!"
NOTICE: I'm not saying he'll be stronger. He could be bluffing, or whatever. But that could happen.

Truthfully, I'd like to see a little bit more of Tsunade. We have seen nothing of her now that she's a Hokage... she just got the job and three days later Naruto and the others go off and we have nothing but forest-fights for an entire year.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-10-2004, 05:41 PM
I beg to differ.

While I agree with you about the reason for naruto not being captured being a decision of story direction. Itachi is not the strongest. Yes orchimaru said he believes him to be stronger then him but the only reason he said that is because he's afraid of the super sharingan. Take a look at Orchimaru's acomplishments throughout the series.

He's killed two out five of great kages who rule over all the ninja nations. He created his own village. He fought his two fellow sannins similtaneously while he was handicapted. He's able to summon some badass snakes including the king/boss of all the snakes. He created the imortality jutsu on his own. He attacked and nearly destroyed the leaf village.

Lets take a look at what itachi has done. He killed his clan. Joined an evil organization and now runs as an errand boy collecting various important crap. He layed the smackdown on kakashi and sasuke. He ran away from Jiraiya.

Only reason why Orchimaru fears itachi is because he seems to have some sort of Freudian penis envy towards people with bloodline limits. Orchimaru dosen't have a bloodline limit he was just born an average ordinary guy from an ordinary family. He sees himself as being inferior towards people with bloodline limits. Maybe this complex somehow developed when he was a kid.

PossiblE
Sun, 10-10-2004, 06:12 PM
While I agree with you about the reason for naruto not being captured being a decision of story direction. Itachi is not the strongest. Yes orchimaru said he believes him to be stronger then him but the only reason he said that is because he's afraid of the super sharingan. Take a look at Orchimaru's acomplishments throughout the series.
One stare of mangekyou can screw up Oro.

jing
Sun, 10-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Ordinary? Like 50 feet long toungue ordinary? Like extend neck no jutsu? or sword out of my mouth no jutsu?

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Hey he probably worked his ass off to get those skills and ability you mentioned.

NewTaxes
Sun, 10-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Akatsuki arc does sound nice, being able to learn a little more about all the former villages of the members, and I'd get to see Kisame get the respect he deserves.

Himura_san
Sun, 10-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Kisame = fishfood, I just to know the fate of Chouji and Neji, also it would be nice to reveal a little about the Akatsuki.

just[x]
Mon, 10-11-2004, 01:02 AM
i think its about naruto getting heal while kakashi fighting this time

Hakeem_21
Mon, 10-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
For christ sake can we forget about itachi. If the long awaited atsuki organization story arc finally begins I want to see some of the other members. Itachi is not god. It would'nt surprise me if there are other members that are far stronger then him.Heck maybe even venus flytrap man can kick his ass point is we won't know until kishimoto tells us.

I want to learn about the Atsuki. I want to know what their motivations are. Hell I want to know why so many strong ninjas are so willing to go around and run errends for this damn organization. Bring it on Kishimoto.

Although if i had to guess i think the Atsuki arc will end in a huge climax with something like the Kyubi being released then it fades out and we get the time jump. Another interesting thing to note is that the atsuki organization has nine members. The demon fox has nine tails. In the original naruto pilot there the fox was stopped by nine legendary human warriors. just some food for thought.

Dude only on person stopped Kyubi the legendary The fourth Hogake not nine warriors.

basey44
Mon, 10-11-2004, 07:41 AM
he was refering to the pilot chapter which in my opinion sucked balls, but lobster did raise a good point which will probably end up having no relevance

EDIT: in the pilot naruto was the son of the nine tails, which was killed by 9 warriors, the only survivor being the 3rd hokage, go download it at narutofan.com

Hakeem_21
Mon, 10-11-2004, 08:01 AM
If it sucked balls why would i want to watch it???

Lobster: Oro killing a 80 year old hogake isnt a big thing,the only reason the third dies was he was too old to kill Oro not because Oro was so great. If Oro could i think the other sannins and Itachi wouldnt have a problem killing the third.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 10-11-2004, 10:40 AM
LoL in the pilot the third Hokage isn't the third hokage he's just an old legendary warrior. He still serves the same role in the pilot that he has in the series. It's intersting that the only two things that survived when Kishimoto liquidated the pilot and rebuilt the naruto series from the ground up are naruto and the guy who who latter became the third hokage.

Kumiriko
Mon, 10-11-2004, 11:12 AM
I wount be shocked if Akatsuki somehow got naruto to come to them to help him learn how to Controle if not just work better with his Demon. Since they seem to know so much. If naruto Feels he needs to get stronger as well that is a possiblitie down the road if not sooner then later

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-12-2004, 06:55 AM
That would be nice but Naruto is too good,he is not like Sasuke who only thinks about getting stronger. He would never be a missing nin.

kAi
Tue, 10-12-2004, 08:17 AM
he could become a missing nin. but i dont think it would be voluntarily...like kidnapped and made to look like he killed someone or they just took him and then the villages or ninjas realise he is gone and want him to be known as a missing nin because he is the kyubi-brat.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-12-2004, 10:12 AM
That can happen but i meant was that he wouldnt become missing nin by choice,he cant help if someone sets him up or kiddnapped him.

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-12-2004, 11:19 AM
I just read the pilot chapter. God was it worthless. If Naruto really ended up like that I'd boycott it.

And Itachi is the strongest. Face the facts baby!

kAi
Thu, 10-14-2004, 07:56 AM
haha that pilot chapter...i thought that was funny, but also if it were to end up like that i would boycott also.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Well one thing I think we can all agree upon is that the pilot chapter sucks badly. Although it is intersting to read because it shows you Kishimotos frustration with writing manga before he struck gold with naruto.

Elessar
Sun, 10-17-2004, 04:03 PM
I want a training mission with Shikamaru, Temari, Neji and S H I N O. Or an arc involving them. Naruto off to some mountain hermit to learn self-control. Or demon training with Gaara, doesn't matter, just out of the way.

Danik
Sun, 10-17-2004, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there's an arc long down the line where we see the sound vs the atsuki organization, after all sasuke joined orochimaru and his ultimate goal is to kill his brother.
As far as what's to happen next, I don't care but it better have Neji, Garaa and Lee on it.

kAi
Mon, 10-18-2004, 07:15 AM
yeah i think we need Shino back. he is one of the characters i really like and would like to see more.

Kumiriko
Mon, 10-18-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by: kAi
yeah i think we need Shino back. he is one of the characters i really like and would like to see more.

Agreed. Make him part of the Genin Team next time around

Hakeem_21
Mon, 10-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Shino must be involved in this arc or i will be mad how can one of the coolest ninjas in the manga appear so litte.

Stoopider
Mon, 10-18-2004, 01:36 PM
A new arc where Naruto finally learns something new out of it. Maybe a new fighting style.

Getting quite sick of these DBZ nonsense. Kishimoto! Put some intelligence into the fighting back again! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-18-2004, 02:44 PM
I just miss the humor that used to be in all the chapters. Remember the training part with Kakashi? The Thousand Years of Pain. That even re-appeared during the Gaara fight. Its sorta nice that the series got serious because they're dealing with some pretty big issues, but I still want to see something funny again.

Winged Dancer
Mon, 10-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Mmmh, I think the new arc will kind of, you know, involve Naruto. Since he's, you know, the main character and all.

No, really guys. If you want a Shikamaru, Shino, Temari and Neji arc go read some fanfiction... the possibilities of all those working together are low at the moment or will only happen if Naruto is with them. It'd be cool, yes, but I don't think it'll happen.
Not only that, but lets face it - Temari isn't all that important on her own, Neji is important only when Hinata or Naruto are around, same goes for Shikamaru (well he's important on his own but only every now and then) and Shino may be so cooooool but since he's got nothing to learn from Naruto he's not that important to the story either.

(Er, personally, I'm not crazy about Shino. Sure he's cool and he's a very good fighter (at least better than most of the others) but... well, he's just uh, plain. No feelings, if you understand me. That's cool for a few minutes, then I scream at the screen "SAY SOMETHING DAMN YOU, SAY SOMETHING!!!1)

For the moment it might just be more Naruto learning to control de Kyuubi... if Tsunade somehow learns that he in fact lost control or almost lost control during the fight she might get worried and send him training on that. Maybe Gaara could go too, to control Shusaku (sp?), and... well, if Sasuke is no longer around, Naruto needs a new best!pal character and who better than Gaara?

chitgoks
Tue, 10-19-2004, 01:37 AM
just wait till shino comes back with his new technique ...

kuchiyose no jutsu! giant kikai bug! then it would drain all akatsuki members' chakras he he he

Death BOO Z
Tue, 10-19-2004, 04:34 AM
i really don't get why people like Shino, he's an annoying ass who would have died if his father wasn't around to save his shitty ass everytime...

sure, he fought two battles well, but it doesn't mean he's less annoying

kAi
Tue, 10-19-2004, 08:26 AM
his father would have saved him damn. everyone has been saved during this series...and he was only saved once (that we seen, prob more times but meh). but yeah he is only a genin, he is only so good. they can only get better.
i just like his character, smart, good fighter, straight to the point, talks ONLY when needed if that. but he justs needs some airplay.
he used to be my ava on the old forums.

you have been reading some fan fiction WD, naruto and gaara train and go away and stuff, heh. but yeah it wouldnt be so bad, but i dunno there is parts that i dont want this to happen but i also want it to happen. we will see what kishimoto comes up with. and i will be prob happy with either way.

Winged Dancer
Tue, 10-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Hehehehe, sometimes, yeah, only the few ones in which Naruto and Sasuke don't end up having sex, 'cause that eeeewws me. I've stopped, though, no time for that... I don't really think they'll go away and train unless the Kyubi starts to give Naruto the same problems, and so far Kyubi is so much nicer than Shuukaku.

Boogster
Mon, 10-25-2004, 12:14 AM
Unfortunately is going to be something concerning Naruto again. Aih.

The mysterious 'man' who enters at the end of chapter 236 is the key, imo.

If it is a member of Ataksuki (most likely to be Itachi or Venus Fly-Trap Man), then an arc concerning the aims and origin of the group is to be expected.
If it is Jiraiya, then we are likely to see a period of training. Naruto and Sakura will definately be intensively trained, and we may well see Lee, Gaara and Sasuke training too.
It is also possible for these 'arcs' to run simultaneously, ofc.

I would like to see the focus slightly removed from Naruto (not through any dislike of the character), and placed upon Gaara and Lee. It would be interesting to see the two develop side by side.
It will also be intruiging to see Neji and Chouji rehabilitated - to examine how their fights have effected them, both mentally and physically.

In any case, I can't see how this next period in the manga can prove to be disappointing. So many avenues have been opened, and so many characters could be explored, potentially.
Although, having said that, it think a 'lighthearted' period would be entirely anti-climatic, and probably not very funny. We'll see.