PDA

View Full Version : The Konoha sports day special!

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Some of you might have caught this at the end of the movie trailer. It's a sort of sub-trailer which shows footage from the special which will accompany the movie, seemingly it has all the gennins in some sort of sports competition. So what are you guys' thoughts on this little comedy event?

To be sincere, I am looking more forward to this than the movie itself...

Assertn
Mon, 08-16-2004, 03:14 PM
i wouldnt have high hopes for it......

it seems the only series that is ever able to fit in a short that works really well is one piece

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Don't get me wrong, I have no hopes for it. I am only thinking "shit maybe Neji will be in it" and that's what keeps me a bit cheery. Then we have the fact that I'm utterly convinced the movie will suck goatballs

NL|MegaMika
Mon, 08-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Hmmmm... Pokémon movies were only 40-50 minutes with a small special. I hope this doesn't mean the Naruto movie will be that short too.

PSJ
Mon, 08-16-2004, 04:37 PM
the movie will probably be worse than a steven seagal movie played backwards. this little special sounds interesting tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Omri
Mon, 08-16-2004, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure, but I think pokemon movies was something like 60-90 minutes long.

The speacial you we're talking about is like pokemon special? Because I can't see how Naruto can make this because it's always take so much time for everything, and the special should be very short.

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
the movie will probably be worse than a steven seagal movie played backwards. this little special sounds interesting tho

Best thing posted at Gotwoot EVER

appelsap
Mon, 08-16-2004, 07:28 PM
me hopes it's like one of the one piece specials where they play soccer/football

Rek
Mon, 08-16-2004, 08:24 PM
better than hide and go NINJA!

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-16-2004, 10:39 PM
I don't see how the movie can be anything less than 1000% awsome. I mean, its got ninjas...IN ROBOT ARMOR!

I mean, shit, if you could find some way to make them pirates too, the weight of their awsome would create a black hole.

PSJ
Tue, 08-17-2004, 05:42 AM
i dont see how the movie can be anything else than 100% garbage. side story movies usually suck i dont like it at all. heck i hated the part when they changed when they was chasing gaara, remember when temari and sasuke fought. that wasnt in the manga and that part sucked!!

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-17-2004, 05:43 AM
I kinda liked that fight though it was pointless i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Tue, 08-17-2004, 05:46 AM
it made sasuke look better and temari look worse and that sucks.

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 08-17-2004, 06:44 AM
yes but temari sucked, obviously sasuke could beat her to a pulp, i like temari as a character but the battle was pretty well animated it's better then some stupid filler without any action, any filler that has good action is good filler to me, so if the movie has some cool action i'll be satisfied i'm not expecting something amazing but as long as the action is good i don't care what the movie is about, hope that little sports special will be as funny as the one piece specials that come with the movies

PSJ
Tue, 08-17-2004, 08:32 AM
fillers are never good how can you say that a filler is good?

Uberbaka
Tue, 08-17-2004, 09:43 AM

Nonsense, it made temari look better... in the manga she just stood around for no reason, now she had an excuse for not butting in. Just 'cause she got injured by a badass doesn't make her sucky sucky no dolla. I liked the change. I hated the filler where naruto was heading to the arena.. piece of sh... uriken episode....

Death BOO Z
Tue, 08-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
I don't see how the movie can be anything less than 1000% awsome. I mean, its got ninjas...IN ROBOT ARMOR!

I mean, shit, if you could find some way to make them pirates too, the weight of their awsome would create a black hole.

Add them a Shinsengumi coat and you have the big bang effect!

however, all thier coolness might cancel itself, like the guy at peacemaker Kuragone, he was a shinsengumi and a ninja, and yet, he sucked serious balls...

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Don't know about fillers being shit... if they are well executed or funny they might provide some bonuses for us manga readers. I sure wouldn't complain if filler for once included.... GUESS WHO!!!!

InnerSakuraChan
Tue, 08-17-2004, 11:54 AM
I totally expect the movie to be like the jump festa specials . . . CRAP.
The only hopes I have for it is that Sakura might actualy be . . gasp . . . useful.

Omri
Tue, 08-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Cold someone tall me what a filler is?

Drag
Tue, 08-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by: Omri

Filler is(when referring to movie/TV) basically extra scenes pull into a show that have little reference to the plot and basically is used to take up space.

PSJ
Tue, 08-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by: Uberbaka

Nonsense, it made temari look better... in the manga she just stood around for no reason, now she had an excuse for not butting in. Just 'cause she got injured by a badass doesn't make her sucky sucky no dolla. I liked the change. I hated the filler where naruto was heading to the arena.. piece of sh... uriken episode....

when did sasuke become badass? must have missed that part. he is just a whiny arrogant peice of shit. just like neji is altho sasuke is much worse.

Koyuki
Tue, 08-17-2004, 03:47 PM
I think the movie will be better then the specials. It is better to watch it at the movies.

Someone's gonna be flamed, and it isn't me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

jing
Tue, 08-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Sports Competition= Quiddish?

Shi_No_Shikaku
Tue, 08-17-2004, 06:18 PM
I think it will be at lest good for the fights maybe nothing but the fight

PSJ
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:36 AM
huh? are you talking about the moive or the sports day special cause i dont think they will fight in the sportsday special.....

basey44
Wed, 08-18-2004, 02:20 AM
oh man sports day is gonna be wicked, cant wait, i wonder what theyd get in long jump??

PSJ
Wed, 08-18-2004, 06:16 AM
hmm a genin might do 30 metres and jounins 50 - 80 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif that would be cool. i wonder how 100 metre sprint will look like. run 100 metres in 0.1 seconds i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 06:21 AM
I hope Lee will participate in his restored form, he will fucking win it all i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Except of course... ehrm... some kind of shooting down birds contest where Neji will dominate with the Byakugan.

For the sake of fun, which of the 4 genin teams do you think will have the biggest chance in some kind of true olympic sports event?

Hakeem_21
Wed, 08-18-2004, 07:06 AM
Lee should win most cause the poor guy loses all of his fights so why not let him have in the sports special.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 08-18-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Don't know about fillers being shit... if they are well executed or funny they might provide some bonuses for us manga readers. I sure wouldn't complain if filler for once included.... GUESS WHO!!!!

Hinata?

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 08:46 AM
*rapes DB_Hunter with a shoe*

Souryusen
Wed, 08-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter

Hinata?

Clearly he is referring to Kankuro. I mean.. who could resist 2 hours of ninja puppeteering action?

Uchiha-Itachi
Wed, 08-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by: Drag

Filler is(when referring to movie/TV) basically extra scenes pull into a show that have little reference to the plot and basically is used to take up space.

In other words.. if it doesnt contain action scenes its called a filler.. pretty simpleminded of those ppl isnt it (cuz 9 of 10 ppl define that as a filler)...

imo there were only like 2/3 filler episodes so far..

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 09:24 AM
Well Kankuro would be cool to see too, he fights way too little i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Actually action scenes are filler too, the definition of it as things that are stuck into the anime to make sure it doesn't catch up to the manga. Thing is that sometimes these added scenes are so good that people "just forget" it's a filler. Which is, in lack of better words, completely gay.

Then there are people like me who consider the anime a "final cut". And the fillers are to me only bonuses.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 08-18-2004, 12:15 PM
C'mon.... we all know it's Hinata you like and not Neji... your just playing a high school game of a love-hate relationship. Don't worry though... remember that Hinata shall forever stalk Naruto and Neji would be forever stuck in the branch family... until maybe Hinata asks Naruto when he's all so powerful to unseal Neji... but then again IT WOULD ALL BE THANKS TO HINATA!!!!!!!!

ssjtrunks585
Wed, 08-18-2004, 12:54 PM
i think the movie is gonna be great...when i used to watch dbz, the episodes always got boring and drawn out, but the movies were always seemingly better than the series. This is, of course, my opinion, but coming from a fan who lives, breathes, eats, and sleeps Naruto, i am looking forward to the movi more than anything else (except maybe for halo 2). As for the sports special, it looks cool...nothing really more to say there. One thing i am really pumped about is that Naruto knows the Rasengan in the movie trailer...if i remember correctly, it wasn't until DBZ movie 5 that Goku was actually a Super Sayian...so, the Naruto movie, although it is a huge aside to the story at hand, still takes place during the same time in their lives, which means it shouldn't be boring...oh yeah, Naruto going Kyuubi on the one guy looks pretty sick, i dont see how anyone could doubt the awesomeness of the movie... :-/

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:21 PM
@ssjtrunks585: The difference is that DB/Z had a worthless plot to begin with, not counting all fillers. Thus topping it with movies was hardly an accomplishment.

Naruto, however, has a great plot. And movies with sub-par plot cannot hope to match anything related to the TV series.

PSJ
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:33 PM
you eat naruto? you breath naruto? you even lives naruto? AAAAHHH!!! thats disturbing and scary.

RasenDori
Wed, 08-18-2004, 11:00 PM
hmm...im bet this sports special is gonna have naruto stepping in akamarus crap at least 5 times...sigh...most of the naruto filler (save some of the fights) have sucked...i have no hope for the movie or special

Omri
Thu, 08-19-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by: Drag

Thank you.

Shuurai
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:03 AM
I hope its better than the Crimson Clover Special.

Koyuki
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:47 AM
For the sake of fun, which of the 4 genin teams do you think will have the biggest chance in some kind of true olympic sports event?

Maybe Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. Or maybe just Naruto... He'll just use Kage Bunshin and win it all i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

bitwar
Thu, 08-19-2004, 11:10 AM
I'm already used to the side-story movie thing. I've gone through most of the DBZ movies (better than the series, but that's not saying much), the InuYasha movies, and a few others. As long as it has a solid plot, the characters aren't acting unlike themselves, the animation is at least a small step up from the series (which looks to be the case judging by the trailer), and the fights kick booty i'll enjoy it. I'm not looking for a masterpiece to rival the works of Otomo or Miyazaki, and compared to the epic saga of the series it's not going to have such a broad carefully developed storyline (how many hours of the series VS maybe an hour and a half of movie). Just because of the limitations of doing a movie like this, I'm not going to assume that it will absolutely suck. It's all marketing and money and such and such, yeah. But so is making the manga into an anime to begin with.

As far as filler goes, I think taht sometimes it can add to the plot a little. For instance, before the Chuunin exam, Sakura had major doubts about her abilities and was ready to not participate. In the anime, the Jounin had a pre-test for the nine rookies (all we saw was Kakashi's cell being tested), which showed why Sakura decided to go anyway. In the manga, a few passing words of praise from Sasuke wiped all her doubts away. I don't know, but even as obsessed as she is, the anime made a bit more sense that time. Also, the anime showed flashbacks that explained how Haku's father found out about him and his mother, and what happened that fateful night. Also a plus. So don't knock every little thing they add to the anime taht wasn't in the manga.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:21 PM
My reason to bashing the upcoming movie is not at all related to the fact that it isn't based on manga stuff, hell, I consider the anime more to be a "final cut" of the manga and therefore some added scenes are more often a plus than not. No, the reason why I am not looking forward to this is that snowboard ninjas give me a bad taste in the mouth especially considering the quality of the previous non-TV series efforts.

Souryusen
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:39 PM
My reason to bashing the upcoming movie is not at all related to the fact that it isn't based on manga stuff, hell, I consider the anime more to be a "final cut" of the manga and therefore some added scenes are more often a plus than not. No, the reason why I am not looking forward to this is that snowboard ninjas give me a bad taste in the mouth especially considering the quality of the previous non-TV series efforts.

Snowboard ninjas in robot suits.... actually sounds like a peg-leg away from greatness.

Invariably the movie will be the ultimate adventure where team 7 will make friends and enemies that will last a lifetime.... and then never speak of them again.

Also, Naruto should sing.

And Sasuke.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:47 PM
You are so right it hurts. Here. In my right spleen. Oh shit, it hurts freakin' much!

Omri
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:55 PM

And Sasuke.[/quote]

How do you knwo that?

IT wasn't in the trailer.

Souryusen
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:57 PM

And Sasuke.

How do you knwo that?

IT wasn't in the trailer.[/quote]

I hope there's a punchline forthcoming.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 04:27 PM
LOL. Souryusen is the best new poster ever.

Knives122
Thu, 08-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Well the movie might be good but im not making any promises, now about the "sports special" I can tell you whats going to happen right now, they'll play the games and then start using their techniques agaisnt each other like Naruto uses his Uzamaki "Score" Naruto combo to kick the ball, and then Neji will do his spin ultimate defense technique to block it, then I dont know someone will attack Konoha for no reason, Im gonna say they secret village of crap

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 04:42 PM
As long as there's Neji there's hope.

riftwing
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Anime movies based off series usually aren't that good but there are a few exceptions.

Kenshiro
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:33 PM
I think the sports day looks quite funny.

However.................

I think the movie looks totally fucking gay.

The baddies, with their retarded 'mechanical armour' or whatever Kakashi says look totally stupid. They look like a shit version of the Knights of the Zodiac .

I loved the fact that Naruto didnt have any stupid mechanical devices like so much anime has, and they had to make do with bits of wood and kunai and that kind of shit. Oh well, I guess thats gone down the toilet. Instead Naruto is gonna fly around in some stupid steam powered air balloon train for the rest of the anime like some character in some shitty RPG game or something.

On a side note. In the bit in the trailer where you see a young Kakashi ("10 years ago I only new how to run away... or whatever he says"), he still has the scar over his eye. Which means we might not find out how he gets his sharingan. But if they dont reveal that then they are totally fucking retarded because that is the only reason anyone is going to watch it.

Also, The second Naruto Jump Festa isnt as bad as people make out.

ssjtrunks585
Fri, 08-20-2004, 01:46 AM
@ssjtrunks585: The difference is that DB/Z had a worthless plot to begin with, not counting all fillers. Thus topping it with movies was hardly an accomplishment.

Naruto, however, has a great plot. And movies with sub-par plot cannot hope to match anything related to the TV series.

i didnt mean to lead you into thinking DBZ had a good plot...actually, DBZ got boring after frieza...Naruto is 10000000000 times better...all i meant by that was that the DBZ movies were better than the series, and Naruto, as great as the tv series is, i just wanna see the movie do good, and not necessarily be better than the tv series, but just be a good add-on to it...

RasenDori
Fri, 08-20-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by: Uzumaki Naruto # 1

Maybe Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. Or maybe just Naruto... He'll just use Kage Bunshin and win it all

it will be lee neji and tenten...lee will own any race and the long jump...neji has that discus throwing thing 'cause no one can spin like him. tentens go the gymnastics stuff (you saw those fluid motions in her fight with temari)

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Chouji for the pie eating contest i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

You know it does get a bit repetitive after a while when you see Naruto and team 7 beating some Jounin level ninjas... I mean they are Jounin for a reason. Also, I think the fact that they showed Naruto going Kyuubi in the movie gave the whole thing away... so even if there was SOME doubt if Naruto could win we all know know he is gonna kick the crap out of every one.

PSJ
Fri, 08-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by: ssjtrunks585

i didnt mean to lead you into thinking DBZ had a good plot...actually, DBZ got boring after frieza...Naruto is 10000000000 times better...all i meant by that was that the DBZ movies were better than the series, and Naruto, as great as the tv series is, i just wanna see the movie do good, and not necessarily be better than the tv series, but just be a good add-on to it...

the reason why db/z got worse after the frieza saga is because toriyama meant to end it after frieza but his assitants, the people on jump etc. etc. pushed him to go on with it i guess he was only in it half hearted after frieza..

after seeing the trailer for the naruto movie i am almost positive that it will suck. i mean ninjas snowboarding? that only works in snowboard kids(N64 game) not in naruto. and all those gundam wing inspired arms that stretches. come on, what the hell is that? the only thing that i think will be decent is maybe the fights im hoping for some naruto action, without his stupid team mates.

gaara
Sat, 08-21-2004, 04:47 AM
well in all honesty, what im waiting for in naruto wont really be sidetracked by this movie, besides i know it has nothing to do with the story, but im used to like 13 dbz movies, not to mention 4 db movies and a few specials, and all those one piece movies and specials too! so blah i suppose what im saying, is that a 90 minute movie of naruto wouldn't be so bad lolz

kage_bunshin
Sat, 08-21-2004, 11:06 PM
I'm just wondering, will AonE or any subber sub this sports day special??

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 08-22-2004, 01:07 AM
I don't really expect much for the movie..the sports day special might be interesting to watch as a side thing. Though I was wodering..I remember a while back threads about how there would be a side story thing with a new made up character for the TV series that was supposed to start after the movie came out.... -_- if that's true then I guess it would be soon -_-;

DraGunZer0
Sun, 08-22-2004, 05:15 PM

I believe its Neji!!! .....yea i stopped reading the posts after this one.. hope no one has already answered it.....

PSJ
Sun, 08-22-2004, 05:39 PM
dont think anyone has ppl mostly joked about it...

DraGunZer0
Sun, 08-22-2004, 08:04 PM
LIES! all LIES! ... tad bit hyper today.....

Knives122
Sun, 08-22-2004, 08:08 PM
face Dragun, the special is crap and theres nothing you can do about it (weird meniacal laugh time) muwhuahahahahahahaha