PDA

View Full Version : The Olympics

JusDaMan
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Well... im not sure if any1 else heard of/watch olympics. but its an interesting event. seeing different People compete.

PSJ
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:34 AM
watching it when im bored. most of the swedish comeptitors suck tho so im not hoping for that many medals.

Mut
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:41 AM
olympics is the most boring thing to watch.

PSJ
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:45 AM
nah there are some fun events like curling i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif or is that winter olympics? the marathon is fun to watch or the walking event. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif no seriously there are fun things to watch, at least things to pass time with.

Aeon
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:56 PM
The only Olympic Sport I can watch is Basketball and I wish I wasnt it right now. Puerto Rico dominating the US 46-27 right now i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

SK
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:33 PM
go PR!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif and yeah the olympics suck, wish theyd show boxing...

r3n
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
nah there are some fun events like curling or is that winter olympics? the marathon is fun to watch or the walking event. no seriously there are fun things to watch, at least things to pass time with.

thats the winter olympics and scotland are the best at it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif only thing we're good at really, apart from golf and debating. oh and making whiskey, and inventing stuff.

SK
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:40 PM
ha lol usa lost that was pitiful. go PR

Shuurai
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
go PR!!!! and yeah the olympics suck, wish theyd show boxing...

They do show boxing infact there was boxing today a guy from Egypt against a Russian, The Russian won 32-12 i think.

SK
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:43 PM
really? i thought they didnt show boxing anymore, gonna have to watch more often.

Shuurai
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:45 PM
I guess it depends where u live it was on bbc 1 here (I know im gonna get flamed for saying that)

stos289
Sun, 08-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-

go PR!!!! and yeah the olympics suck, wish theyd show boxing...

As said before ther in fact do show boxing. However, they are on different channels. The Olympics are divided in 7 channels of the NBC network: NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA, Bravo, Telemundo, and HDNBC (High Definition). Each channel has different sports during different times. I belive USA has Boxing some time during the day, but I'm not sure. Hope that cleared it up.

P.S: Keep in mind, I have DISH Network and that's how it works with my provider. I believe its the same with others but I'm not completly sure.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-15-2004, 04:10 PM
The olympics suck, bring back the old days of gladiators and senseless killing in a colusseum!

Koyuki
Sun, 08-15-2004, 05:27 PM
They have martial arts and boxing. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif And basketball is pretty good

I saw a boxing match, sweden vs the philippines. The flipino won i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Lefty
Sun, 08-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by: Uzumaki Naruto # 1
They have martial arts and boxing. And basketball is pretty good

I saw a boxing match, sweden vs the philippines. The flipino won

They don't have Kendo so I refuse to watch the maratil arts match's.

SK
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
The olympics suck, bring back the old days of gladiators and senseless killing in a colusseum!

AGREED!! i dont see whats barbaric about it (and im dead serious)

Eurasian
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:49 PM
US lost in basketball. it's shameful!! cuz US basketball players r taller than puerto rico's. wtf...they lost miserablely!! US disappoints me. and i thought US was gonna win in basketball.

Munsu
Mon, 08-16-2004, 12:38 AM
You bitch... give credit where it's due... it is not Portugal... but Puerto Rico!!! lol

Eurasian
Mon, 08-16-2004, 02:33 AM
NO NO NO!!! i really meant to write puerto rico. REALLY SORRY!!! i'll edit it. i don't know what i was thinking. i feel stupid now...

Munsu
Mon, 08-16-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
US lost in basketball. it's shameful!! cuz US basketball players r taller than puerto rico's. wtf...they lost miserablely!! US disappoints me. and i thought US was gonna win in basketball.

Not much you can do when you are dealing with PR... future gold medalist team!

PSJ
Mon, 08-16-2004, 05:01 PM
beach volleyball is fun to watch and gymnastics is fun to watch to, it was best yesterday tho a really hot swedish 17 year old was participating

Deblas
Mon, 08-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
[quote]
Originally posted by: Eurasian
US lost in &lt;a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=basketball&amp;v=56"&gt;basketball&lt;/a&gt;. (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=basketball&amp;v=56) it's shameful!! cuz US &lt;a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=basketball&amp;v=56"&gt;basketball&lt;/a&gt; (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=basketball&amp;v=56) players r taller than puerto rico's. wtf...they lost miserablely!! US disappoints me. and i thought US was gonna win in &lt;a href="</blockquote>">http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=basketball&amp;v=56"&gt;basketball&lt;/a&gt;.[/Q (http://]http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=basketball&amp;v=56)

Not much you can do when you are dealing with PR... future &lt;a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=gold&amp;v=56"&gt;gold&lt;/a&gt; (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=gold&amp;v=56) medalist team!

Hell Yea!!! Boricua all the way!!!

Munsu
Mon, 08-16-2004, 08:56 PM
You from PR then?

Nara Shikamaru VI
Tue, 08-17-2004, 05:58 PM
i went to the official site to check out what events are on. and to my surprise, chess, dancing and tug o war. i means wtf. are those even sports?? i was hoping for kendo but no kendo. fine. so tried to watch women beach volleyball, and to my final dismay, no DOA sexC skimpy revealing outfit. lies lies, all lies

shut tv and couldnt care less

Deblas
Tue, 08-17-2004, 06:02 PM
You from PR then?

I am

Munsu
Tue, 08-17-2004, 06:37 PM
me too...

too bad we lost today... those 3's killed us

Deblas
Tue, 08-17-2004, 08:34 PM
hell yea, damn 3's but well win the next threee games against angola, greece and australia just like we beat the dream team. excuse me we ANNIHILATED the dream team go carlos arroyo Puerto Rico number one!!!!

Destroyor
Tue, 08-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Hahahaha the sharkskin swim suit does nothing!

Really, they only got the 100 Butterfly women Final.

Assertn
Tue, 08-17-2004, 10:26 PM
lets talk about how the US just won in the swim relay i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

actually thats prolly the only thing i'll ever see of the olympics, since i dont really watch much tv anyway

GLS
Tue, 08-17-2004, 10:50 PM
The swimming competitions have been fantastic, both men and womens. Amanda Beard, Yummy!!!
That was an exciting 4x200m relay. Keller just barely beat Thorpedo. Go Michael Phelps!!!

Our basketball team. Well, I dont know. lose by 19 to PR, then beat Greece by just 6? They havent even played good teams yet.
I like the beach volleyball, but the indoor vball is so dull.

The olympics have been really cool so far, and Track and Field hasnt even started yet.

Munsu
Tue, 08-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Yeah that relay was very cool... I thought Thorpe will pass him for sure...

But my highlight of the day was in gymnastics... that Patterson girl is pretty hot...

Hakeem_21
Wed, 08-18-2004, 06:02 AM
Budweineken: What reason to watch the gymnasticsi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Swimming and football,Basket are the only sport i enjoy right now but when the track and fields begin then real olympic will begin.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 06:22 AM
Olympics gymnastics = an orgy in female crotches

Uchiha-Itachi
Wed, 08-18-2004, 06:24 AM

and you know you like it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

btw can terra can you tell me what the IMG tag is for in my signature? and how do i upload a avatar picture again, it all kinda messed up after the server downtime.

Eurasian
Wed, 08-18-2004, 11:39 AM
WHAT CHINA IS FIRST?!?!?!?!?! that's ok...US is following closely behind...2 more gold medals.

US won shooting!!!

those women who do rowing r so buff. they look like they can protect the men.

SK
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:26 PM
hey anyone know where to get a pr basketball team jersey? id like an arroyo but i cant find one

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha-Itachi

and you know you like it

btw can terra can you tell me what the IMG tag is for in my signature? and how do i upload a avatar picture again, it all kinda messed up after the server downtime.

The IMG tag for signature is actually the same, but it can take up to the days until the signature makes it work again... like it did for me. But now it works. As for avatars...

http://avatars.gotwoot.net

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Fun factoid for you guys. Jan-Ove Waldner, the swedish table-tennis champ who earlier today won his doubles match and has several times been called the best table-tennis player ever... is a relative of my mine. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif To be exact, grandfather's sister's husband's cousin's son.

Deblas
Wed, 08-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Fun factoid for you guys. Jan-Ove Waldner, the swedish table-tennis champ who earlier today won his doubles match and has several times been called the best table-tennis player ever... is a relative of my mine. To be exact, grandfather's sister's husband's cousin's son.

really?cool. got lost though. grandfather's sister's husband's cousin's son

GLS
Wed, 08-18-2004, 09:15 PM
has anybody seen Amanda Beard? (Shes a swimmer) I'd like to get her "wet"

Aeon
Wed, 08-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Well atleast we beat Greece 77-71, so Team USA are on they way back to the gold. And oh yea I watched valleyball for the first time, but to keep my manhood here's a pic from team Brazil.

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/Aeon53/1.jpg

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:46 AM
Ooooh, Olympics! I generally follow for gymnastics (cuz those moves are as close to inhuman as it gets) and fencing (cuz I like it and used to do it in hs). Tonight I watched Paul Hamm come back from an embarassing slip and fall from the vault to win the gold. He went from first place to 12th with that fall, and then pulled an awesome performance on the parallel bars, and then a demi-godlike performance on the high bar.

I was however, getting a little pissed off. This was only possible because the people he fell behind kept making mistakes, a little mistake here, a BIG MISTAKE there (like when the guy from china whose name I can't recall missed a relatively simple grab for the bar and was forced to dismount the bar early, netting him a score that was less than a 9.0...) Not that I'm not happy to see america win, but I was getting pissed off at the mistakes which usually don't happen like that. I wanted to see awesome performances and have a nail biter of a competition with everyone at the top of their game. Asides from that little issue, I was thrilled. Anyway, enough of my ramblings. I'm looking forward to the women's gymnastics all around competition tomorrow. I like it even better than the mens competition, for reasons that are most likely very obvious.

Eurasian
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:51 AM
Fun factoid for you guys. Jan-Ove Waldner, the swedish table-tennis champ who earlier today won his doubles match and has several times been called the best table-tennis player ever... is a relative of my mine. To be exact, grandfather's sister's husband's cousin's son.
do u keep a family tree?

Munsu
Thu, 08-19-2004, 02:05 AM
Uchiha i agree with you.. i hate it when the results are decided by mistakes.. it remminds me of one of the first days with synchronized dives... all the leaders fucked it up in the final dive and like the three medals when to unknowns or something like that

GLS
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
Ooooh, Olympics! I generally follow for gymnastics (cuz those moves are as close to inhuman as it gets) and fencing (cuz I like it and used to do it in hs). Tonight I watched Paul Hamm come back from an embarassing slip and fall from the vault to win the gold. He went from first place to 12th with that fall, and then pulled an awesome performance on the parallel bars, and then a demi-godlike performance on the high bar.

I was however, getting a little pissed off. This was only possible because the people he fell behind kept making mistakes, a little mistake here, a BIG MISTAKE there (like when the guy from china whose name I can't recall missed a relatively simple grab for the bar and was forced to dismount the bar early, netting him a score that was less than a 9.0...) Not that I'm not happy to see america win, but I was getting pissed off at the mistakes which usually don't happen like that. I wanted to see awesome performances and have a nail biter of a competition with everyone at the top of their game. Asides from that little issue, I was thrilled. Anyway, enough of my ramblings. I'm looking forward to the women's gymnastics all around competition tomorrow. I like it even better than the mens competition, for reasons that are most likely very obvious.

Well, Hamm was considered the favorite in the competition. When he fell to 12th, the other competitors took a sigh of relief. "Ok, the American fell. This should be a breeze now." They just didn't come out with the same intensity as Hamm did in the final 2 performances, thus making mistakes and allowing Hamm to come back and win.

PSJ
Thu, 08-19-2004, 09:57 AM

thats not a very close relative i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif he won yesterday i think in singles so he's in the quarter final in both singles and doubles now. GO SWEDEN! GO J-O

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Well didn't say he was a close relative, but still, relative.

And yes I have a short family tree at home.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 08-19-2004, 11:48 AM
I dont care about Jan-Ove but GO sweden!i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Im looking forward to seeing Kluft,Christian Olsson and Stefan Holm, they are the only ones that can save the swedish honor in Athens.

Eurasian
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:02 PM
And yes I have a short family tree at home.
i don't think that's short i think it's quite detailed. i think it's cool, cuz our family tree doesn't even extend to our 2nd cousins. in other words, i don't have a family tree.

Deblas
Thu, 08-19-2004, 09:39 PM
damn missed the shooting competition

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 08-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Ah the lovely ladies of the artistic all around gymnastics competition put on a wonderful show tonight. There were no surprises except at the beginning when those french girls pulled out high scores to get 1st and second place after the first rotation. That was over next rotation. Carlie peterson (who looks like amanda bynes) won gold with excellent routines (and one of the perkiest floor routines I've ever seen). Good going. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Eurasian
Fri, 08-20-2004, 03:07 AM
i'm watching man volleyball US v. Russia...US is losing so far. MAKE A DAMN COMEBACK!

i heard that there's not a lot of audience at the olympics. a lotta ppl bought the opening day ticket only. ppl couldn't afford it or something. the olympic committee or whoever wanted to give away free seats so it might look crowded but the greeks said no.

this has nothing to do w/ the olympics. but i'm going to europe and i was exchanging money...$200 USD only gives me 160 EURO. WHAT HAPPEN TO THE FORTY?!?! i know the money difference thing...but i still feel llike i'm losing money.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 08-20-2004, 04:43 AM
eurasian: the dollar goes down everytime usa bombs a small country to piecesi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

On topic: Tommorow the USA basketball team will chrushed by Lithuania mark me words.

I saw them against the Greek when they won by 25+ points
They have all the things the USA doesnt have,great defense,three points shooting lika no other team,big forwards,strong under the basket.

I hope the USA loses and shame thier self so that they can bring the best players in NBA in 2008 cause the ones in Athens except Iverson,Duncan,Anthony isnt good enuogh to be in a dream team!

Eurasian
Fri, 08-20-2004, 04:46 AM
US!!!!! don't lose!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop bombing. i want my 40!!

*********after women 200 breaststrokes******************
that was so close. i was all tense. JONES!! i seriously thought she was gonna win. she was like a body length ahead of everyone and all of sudden Beard is passing her. it was that split second thing. Jones was so CLOSE!! i thought it was a tie cuz it looks like they both touched at the same time.

kupalmaru
Fri, 08-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Do some female athlete undergo breast reduction or they just have tight dress.

I was watch swimming, volleyball and gymnastic and I kinda notice that their breast are kinda flat.

Maybe to be more agile they undergo breast reduction.

Uchiha-Itachi
Fri, 08-20-2004, 07:22 PM
The ippon within 6 seconds from Van Der Geest definately is the best move of the whole olympics, that was really the shizznit!

Munsu
Fri, 08-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru

I was watch swimming, volleyball and gymnastic and I kinda notice that their breast are kinda flat.

This has to do with many of these athletes developing their muscles at a too early age, which in most cases keeps breast sizes smaller than they should be... It is the same has if you start lifting weights at an early age you will probably wont grow tall

SK
Sat, 08-21-2004, 09:42 AM
^^^the alcoholic is correct, and those brazilians look like men :/

kupalmaru
Sat, 08-21-2004, 11:15 PM

Originally posted by: kupalmaru

This has to do with many of these athletes developing their muscles at a too early age, which in most cases keeps breast sizes smaller than they should be... It is the same has if you start lifting weights at an early age you will probably wont grow tall

Yeah I know this guy. His like pumpimg some iron everyday; he got this big muscle. But he did not grew that much like the other kids at his age.

The US mens basketball loose to Lithunia.

Munsu
Sun, 08-22-2004, 02:59 AM
Sharingan... who are you calling an alcoholic? O_o

I just want to make one comment... "Where's the dream team?"

Hakeem_21
Sun, 08-22-2004, 05:06 AM
There is no dream team! I dont understand how you can lead a hole game just to lose in the last two minutes of the game....

Xollence
Sun, 08-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Dang the Iraqi men's soccer team is owning. I'm surprised that South Korea has 20 medals so far.

Eurasian
Tue, 08-31-2004, 03:19 AM
US WON!!!!!!!!!

did the US men basketball come in 3rd?? i think that's what i saw (i watched everything in italian which i don't understand). i thought they were losers...and they actually got a medal. i'm so touched...

kAi
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:54 AM
Australia got forurth...
even though i dont follow the olympics i saw this on the news..

DB_Hunter
Tue, 08-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Last time after Sydney of all the places in the world the Gay Olympics (I kid you not) had to be held in my area of all the places in the world.... dunno where they will be held now if they are held.

Deblas
Tue, 08-31-2004, 11:07 AM
How could this happen puerto rico came in fifth nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kAi
Tue, 08-31-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
Last time after Sydney of all the places in the world the Gay Olympics (I kid you not) had to be held in my area of all the places in the world.... dunno where they will be held now if they are held.

yeah heard of that shit...didnt see nethin though..
i live in sydney also...
prob kept it at homebush (olympic park)

EDIT: it woulda been a few years ago though...(?)

Wicked
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:02 PM
The "dream" team retired long ago. These wannabe's were a bit too arrogant and got their asses handed to them. Despite being an American, I'm damn glad it happened to those men. They needed it to happen. However, the women's basketball, soccer, and beach volleyball teams kicked major ass. Mia Hamm will be missed in the women's soccer world.

However, my favorite thing to watch is swimming and gymnastics. There's just something about athletic 6 foot plus tall men in speedo's getting wet that mesmerizes me. And until the Hamm/Young incident I was happily surprised at the lack of politics in judging of the gymnastic perfomances. After that it went down hill.

I feel extreme sympathy for Paul Hamm. He's being villianized for something he had no control over, is subjected to a not so private letter trying to guilt him in giving back his gold medal, and has in many aspects has had not only his second Olympic experience tarnished but also his reputation and sport. Poor kid.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by: Wicked
The "dream" team retired long ago. These wannabe's were a bit too arrogant and got their asses handed to them. Despite being an American, I'm damn glad it happened to those men. They needed it to happen. However, the women's basketball, soccer, and beach volleyball teams kicked major ass. Mia Hamm will be missed in the women's soccer world.

However, my favorite thing to watch is swimming and gymnastics. There's just something about athletic 6 foot plus tall men in speedo's getting wet that mesmerizes me. And until the Hamm/Young incident I was happily surprised at the lack of politics in judging of the gymnastic perfomances. After that it went down hill.

I feel extreme sympathy for Paul Hamm. He's being villianized for something he had no control over, is subjected to a not so private letter trying to guilt him in giving back his gold medal, and has in many aspects has had not only his second Olympic experience tarnished but also his reputation and sport. Poor kid.

You are a girl.... arn't you...?

Wicked
Wed, 09-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
You are a girl.... arn't you...?

Yes. Otherwise I'm sorely lacking in the physical anatomy of the human male species.

Himura_san
Wed, 09-01-2004, 02:11 AM
Anyone here about the freak who pushed the Brazillian marathon runner into the crowd?
talk about a lack of security!
Also the US mens Basketball team ought to learn from Argentina about what real team play is.
Props to Argentina for pwning Olympic Basketball and Soccer!

Wicked
Wed, 09-01-2004, 02:59 AM
That guy was a de-frocked Irish priest wasn't he? Apparently he got addicted to too much fermented grape juice or something. So the next question is, does the Brazilian deserve a duplicate gold medal as some believe or should he stick with the bronze? Although Athens security was some of the tightest and possibly best and most expenisve security at any of the Games. How that man wound up disrupting the race is anyone's guess.

I applaud the Argentina basketball team to the fullest. Not only do the US players need to realize what team play really is, but the people that picked them as the next "Dream Team" need to realize what's more important: Big Money Names or People Getting The Job Done? Eh, if anyone paid closer attention to what went on in Sydney, everyone would have realized that the men's basketball team was just going downhill with the BMN playing.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Wed, 09-01-2004, 06:51 AM
have anyone seen that selfish aussie woman rower?? Sally whats-her-name?? any aussie here wanna strangle her?? giving up and crushes her team mate dreams shame on her

DB_Hunter
Wed, 09-01-2004, 07:08 AM
That brazillian dude was awarded a seperate medal by the IOC for showing true Olympic spirit after begin grabbed by that guy....

Basically a medal to say glad you didn't cry, here's hoping you don't make us run the race again or worse sue us.