PDA

View Full Version : Aubu Naruto 95-96 is out

supra33202
Sat, 08-14-2004, 05:33 PM
http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/

What do you think about Anbu version? Is it true that AnimeOne will release their version of Naruto from now on?

thundrakkon
Sat, 08-14-2004, 05:44 PM
If you read the first post from Ciber, he states that AonE will do their own Naruto. As for the ANBU version, I am not too crazy about it. Yes, quality was good, translation was understandable for the most part, but I felt they tried to use too many complex words at times. Also, missing was the color coordination subs that AonE usually does. I guess it is just a matter of preference. I can't wait to see the new AonE subs.

NL|MegaMika
Sat, 08-14-2004, 05:54 PM
I just watched the ANBU encode, but it is not as good as the joined eps. It even gets beaten by S-O. Karaoke is nothing special and the translation is average in my opinion. Font sucks. However, they finally translated the meaning of 'Rasengan' and they did some background translations (name on city board, leaflets on bar at the end of the episode).

I don't know, there's good things and bad things, hopefully AnimeOne does only good things.

PrinceMarth
Sat, 08-14-2004, 06:02 PM
ANBU provided the translations, and AonE provided the styles. This is a tough choice, we'll have to wait for the AonE version before I decide which version to stick with.

GLS
Sat, 08-14-2004, 07:41 PM
ANBU did a fine job, I will say that. But anime-heaven, considered speed-subbers, did an excellent job with it as well, and also AH's version was about 80 MB smaller than ANBU's version, and it came out 2 days quicker.
I do prefer the translation in ANBU so far. But I'm confident that AonE will make the best sub available for Naruto.

dragon
Sat, 08-14-2004, 07:45 PM
hmmm for Aone look at Initial D i hope it is gona be like that

DB_Hunter
Sat, 08-14-2004, 07:47 PM
With reviews like this, seems as though defection to the S-O camp seems a good option right now...

mdclips
Sat, 08-14-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm going for Anbu now if...

This is a direct quote from ANBUdom.net

"We know how people love to get online, let's say on a Friday, and expect to see "Naruto episode xx released". We want people to say, "Hey, it's Friday! I need to go get Naruto now!" This is our goal."

If they keep this goal ill go to ANBU if they dont Aone. It very interesting what Anbu had to say about Aone/Anbu go read it at www.anbudom.net

dragon
Sat, 08-14-2004, 09:21 PM
o yea thats wat i am tlking about..every friday waiting for a nice naruto eps to come out

PrinceMarth
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:07 AM
That makes ANBU the better subbers to watch at first, but AonE to download and burn later, likely. Although I don't archive Naruto on my HD anymore...

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:18 AM
to me it just sounds like some bull shit excuse, i always thought the people at ANBU hated Naruto look at the fags now all they are trying to do is please some mindless narutards so they can get their episodes praised, never thought they would sunk this low well anyway they are gonna stop when it's licensed so i'm definately going to get the AONE version, a reliable group who doesn't give a fuck about if it's licensed or not plus they deliver quality no matter what, who cares for a fast release i've read the manga anyway so it doesn't matter to me

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:33 AM
Well it will be interesting to compare it with AonE's.

Kumiriko
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:37 AM
I really Dont see how a Group with a name from an anime could hate the anime the name is from

basey44
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:38 AM
yea im not sure who im gonna stick with, i havent d/l 95/96 at all yet so i cant comment on anbu quality but i hope that aone still has the mega quality it was praised for when they were teamed up, argh such a hard choice

btw TW is slowly catching up, they released ep 52 which must be their first naruto sub for like a year(at least it feels that way) now if they can produce about 3 eps a week while keeping their quality i think everyone will have another naruto subber choice

NL|MegaMika
Sun, 08-15-2004, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by: mdclips
I'm going for Anbu now if...

This is a direct quote from ANBUdom.net

"We know how people love to get online, let's say on a Friday, and expect to see "Naruto episode xx released". We want people to say, "Hey, it's Friday! I need to go get Naruto now!" This is our goal."

Well, every week I think 'hey, it's wednesday, Naruto episode xx RAW released.' One day later I think 'hey, it's thursday, Naruto episode xx subbed by AH released.' After I've seen the episode twice, why should I want to think '*sigh* it's friday, another subbed version of Naruto xx released, and the quality isn't that good at all'? After seeing the episode RAW and subbed I wait for the best quality version, which always was ANBU&AonE's one. Now that ANBU decides to be a silly speed subber (13 in a dozen) I think it's the best to stick with AnimeOne.

CrossPunisher
Sun, 08-15-2004, 10:41 AM
Also coming into play was the fact that AONE continues to sub series which are quite obviously licensed. Again, not giving away anything, one look at their projects is all you'll need to confirm this.

Yeah, there just arent enough speed subs out there, and releasing episodes every friday/saturday is not timely at all.

As a result, we have determined that it would be within our best interest to break the joint with AONE and continue to do the series with a staff more dedicated to the project.

Yeah, cause its not like AONE is dedicated to Naruto....oh wait, yes they are.

Also coming into play was the fact that AONE continues to sub series which are quite obviously licensed. Again, not giving away anything, one look at their projects is all you'll need to confirm this.

Yeah, Anbu just hides behind a fake name when they sub licensed anime. Thats MUCH better.

Those statements alone are enough to make me not like ANBU. And its still hypocritical to say you like a project but call the fans who watch it Narutards even to the point where thats what you dub your comments section.

kage_bunshin
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Reading the quotes from ANBU, It seems like AonE got back stabbed.
ANBU could have just shut up and be more gentleman like. Not whine like wussies on their site.

Jeff_from_MD
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Reading the quotes from ANBU, It seems like AonE got back stabbed. ANBU could have just shut up and be more gentleman like. Not whine like wussies on their site.

chill. seems to me like ANBU's quotes just pissed you off like no other, simply b/c they stated a perfectly good reason for their disparity with Aone. They didn't put down Aone in any form, (unless Aone was really that super sensitive) and, from an unassuming 3rd party standpoint there was NO indication of ill will toward the split...you're just automatically injecting your own tension between the groups and putting that in ANBU's mouth. Whether or not that really was the case, you're overreacting b/c it wasn't suggested in the quotes.

BTW I've seen some crappy Naruto subs, and this ep. 95-96 from ANBU seemed OK. BUt I still have to compare it to Aone to confirm some questionmarks I have.

PSJ
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:16 PM
im confident aone will do the best job. havent seen the anbu version tho. takes to much time to download it.

CrossPunisher
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Its not that we're acting hypersensitive, its that these two groups have worked together for years (albeit different people, but the same groups nonetheless). You would have thought there would have been some form of respect and not bashed their former partners. Defend them all you want, the statement on their site is just a very PC version of a giant flame. They challenge Aones dedication and work ethic and claim that they would be better on their own, that is a giant slap in the face to Aone.

Also consider the fact that Aone chose not to go anywhere NEAR as in depth. They were very respectful and didnt make posts explaining why they split, all they said was it happened, and that it would not stop them from subbing Naruto. Plus, Aone released their statement first IIRC, and then this response by Anbu is unprovoked and unnecessary. Yes people were probably bothering the crap out of them as to why they split, but people have been doing the same thing to Aone. Aone chose to keep private matters private, whereas Anbu decided not to even try.

Jeff_from_MD
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Its not that we're acting hypersensitive, its that these two groups have worked together for years .... ...You would have thought there would have been some form of respect and not bashed their former partners

you make sense, but even so it brings me to the exact point which I'm making: Regardless of how Aone chose to describe the "breakup" as opposed to ANBU's posted manner, I just can't imagine Aone all choked up over ANBU's statements like we've been doing in this thread right now. I think ANBU's statements are a non-issue, and if someone like me didn't think less of Aone afterward, I doubt Aone would be any more vindictive. The only guys I called "over sensitive" was the guy who I was replying to, the guy who saw a lotta "whining" when there wasn't "whining." I just don't see the point of stirring up trouble when no one got hurt.

Which leads me to explain why ANBU's statements were still appropriate nonetheless: There's nothing "gentlemanly" about obscuring the situation (my point of view). You can just say it, be sincere, and don't offend, and it wouldn't diminish the character of either subbing group whatsoever.

I'm just glad ANBU said anything at all, b/c I was expecting nastier. Plus, I don't see how it actually challenges Aone's dedication or competence on the series? the irreconciliable differences were understandable from BOTH parties' angles, and probably justified by both maturely behind the scenes. To unveil that detail to the public says nothing about how "oh Aone was a FOOL for choosing quality over timing,".....I mean I'm positive ANBU probably didn't stick it to Aone in privately so how could we gather any more cynical meaning behind it publicly?
If the issue is daunting but not antagonizing, then just say it b/c there's nothing to hide in the first place given the respect ANBU and Aone had for each other. ANBU's frankness preserved that. If they said Aone's position disagreed with theirs, that's totally different from dictating to Naruto fans they were right and Aone was wrong. ANBU's did not justify their position nor debunk Aone's. They did NOT say "timeliness beats quality BECAUSE..blah blah blah." The final opinion was left to the FANS themselves to form. --nothing wrong with that, cuz I'm just happy now I have the opportunity.