PDA

View Full Version : Elfen Lied

Pages : [1] 2 3

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 08-13-2004, 08:52 AM
first ep is subbed by IY-F inuyasha-forever, and this series looks like it's gonna be amazing it is one of the bloodiest new animes i've seen in a while, it's about a girl that's somehow different from other humans she has psychic powers and kills everything that comes within 2 meteres(about 7 feet) of her, very bloody and some nudity not for the faint of heart i can't say more without spoiling but i suggest you check it out really violent just the way i like iti/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

thundrakkon
Fri, 08-13-2004, 03:12 PM
It is a bit disturbing, to say the least. When they finally removed her helmet, she looked like any other cute anime character. It is just so wrong to see something so cute kill so mercilessly. Also, that klutzy girl at the beginning... I really didn't think that would happen to her... Just so wrong...

HaZMaTiK
Fri, 08-13-2004, 03:25 PM
well you guys peek my intrest with all the talk about violents so i am gonna check it out thx for heads up

Munsu
Fri, 08-13-2004, 05:03 PM
I saw it about a week ago from an unnamed sub group.... This series is awesome... it is all that GANTZ uncensored is suppose to be... the difference is that Elfen Lied delivered...

Im glad that this series is not becoming a Mohoromatic/ Beautiful World type series (they both started action based but quickly went away from it, I liked both so im not complaining)... This series looks like it will stay action packed throught the whole series...

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-14-2004, 03:52 AM
Anime with german names = l33t

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 08-14-2004, 08:05 AM
hehehe yeah i've heard that it stays the same way troughout the entire show, she'll be the sweet little nyu ad when she goes in evil mode everythign dies

Darkflare
Sat, 08-14-2004, 07:36 PM
i got the raw and i was all like "i dont understand what they are saying but that does not mat- OMG WTF JUST HAPPENED TO THAT GUY"

Lefty
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:58 AM
Body parts a flyin, nudity abound. This will be a good one.

SK
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:23 PM
link?

Munsu
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:45 PM
mirkx

Eurasian
Mon, 08-16-2004, 02:13 AM
i just watched it...WHY DID I WATCH IT AT NIGHT?!?! i heard it was bloody...but i didn't think about the detachment of the heads, both legs and arms, some hearts, etc. i am quite disturbed. especially that's how they started the epi...w/ the god damn arm!! Who knew pens could be deadly too?!?!?! i seriously should have watched the warning before watching the show. the whole "physical and psychololgical damage"... i wouldn't believe them if i didn't watch the show. my eye twitched when the heart flew.

what happen to her? lost her memory??

Munsu
Mon, 08-16-2004, 02:30 AM
Yeah she lost her memory... and dont be such a wimp... the episode was awesome...

Next episode looks like it will be very good also...

I hope a better sub group picks this up since IY-F dropped the ball in a couple of places in my opinion...

Eurasian
Mon, 08-16-2004, 03:03 AM
even though it's bloody beyond belief ::chills:: i'll still watch it. i think the story is good.

that insane woman-hitting psycho is getting his ass whooped in 2 secs.

hikaru004
Mon, 08-16-2004, 07:23 PM
I really loved the first episode, especially when that girl got beheaded. It has unrepenting violence ,nudity that's not just for fanservice and a good story line so far. I just hope that they can keep the standards that was set in the first episode.

The Latin opening song was a nice touch.

Everon
Mon, 08-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Blah, I shouldn't have watched this while I had a stomachache. This certainly didn't help my condition. heheh. That was a nice artistic opening. Anyone know where I could find some lyrics? I was trying to translate the Latin, but I couldn't hear the words very well.

Oh, and for you folks that didn't know, the Opening and Ending images are interpretations of Gustav Klimt, an early 20th century painter.
It'd probably be better if you saw these:

The Embrace (http://www.gustavklimt.us/images/EURO/large/EURO2300-2035.jpg)
Wasserschlagen I (http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/klimt/wasserschlangen.jpg)
The Kiss (http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/klimt/kiss/)
Danae (http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/klimt/klimt.danae.jpg)

Eurasian
Mon, 08-16-2004, 09:03 PM
THANK YOU EVERON!! i kept thinking i saw that somewhere...The Kiss...it's such a famous painting. why didn't i think of it??

To hikaru004: yes this show shouldn't be watched w/ a stomachache. in fact, i think i got a stomachache watching this...more like hurling.

Hotsuma
Tue, 08-17-2004, 12:10 AM
Dude. This anime was FUCKED UP. Seriously. I watched this shit at night, and was apalled at how morbid this was. This is probably the most extreme shit I've seen in the past 5-6 years.

I don't mind watching guys getting their bodies onigiri-chopped, but when I saw that poor girl get her head chopped up, even I felt bad for her. Poor girl. Man, that shit was messed up.

I don't know if I wanna watch this, if I see more hot girls get chopped into pieces. The creator is a messed up motherfucker.

Raven
Tue, 08-17-2004, 01:55 AM
It wasn't that bad, I still think Gantz uncensored will be much worse.

I'm wondering how they actually captured her in the first place? I guess we'll find out.

Munsu
Tue, 08-17-2004, 02:35 AM
Damn... Im so fucked up at the moment... i just threw up my instestines... fucking drunk....

Anyways.... you are all wimps comlaining about the violence...

This is a masterpice... this is the best at the moment

KameronFrye
Tue, 08-17-2004, 03:13 AM
Heh, until about 30 minutes ago, I thought the scene in Akira when Kaneda made 3 people explode at once was the most intense moment of violence. Then you get to like 5 minutes in, and it's already been outdone with 20 people dead, not to mention the clutzy girl. heh.

HaZMaTiK
Tue, 08-17-2004, 07:50 AM
boy this show really brings in the blood unlike GANTZ (except Uncut DVD) but still more viloence that gantz i love this show hope new episodes get subbed fast as raw for episode 4 is out

Stoopider
Tue, 08-17-2004, 08:03 AM
ok.. to the downloadmobile.. Zoom!

Eurasian
Tue, 08-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
Anyways.... you are all wimps comlaining about the violence...

i grew up watching doraemon. violence does not exist in that show. and it's the first time i watch an anime this gory. but i will try to complain less.

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 08-17-2004, 04:25 PM
i'm pretty used to gory animes i've seen more gorie stuff than this but it is pretty explicit i guess, still i haven't seen any guts ripped out of bodies or anything it's just blood and a heart for now

Munsu
Tue, 08-17-2004, 04:31 PM
lol... complain as much as you want Eurasian...

DeluxSkillz... what animes have you watched that are gorier than this if you can remember to see if I've seen them... if not so i can get them...

P-Virus
Tue, 08-17-2004, 05:54 PM
just wait to ep 4... ep 1 is nothing when you watch ep 4

Munsu
Tue, 08-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

if it's german... what does it mean?

Hokage Inuyasha
Tue, 08-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Wow pretty good anime.Budweineken Try curse of the undead yoma, and Black lion warrior very gory, Also check Jojos Bizarre adventures These are old but you will enjoy. And i am sorry but i dont know where to download them from, I have had these on VHS/DVD for a long time

Munsu
Tue, 08-17-2004, 09:39 PM
from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure... ive only seen the prequel since it was the first dvd released... still missing the first ova (sequel)

I've been trying to find Curse of the Undead Yoma for some time now... but I've had no luck... i know p-a released it... i guess i'll use emule to get them

As for Black Lion Warrior i'll take a look into it...

thanks...

5p4ced0ut
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:10 AM
does anyone know the ep count?

Munsu
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:13 AM
last time i checked it was about 13... dont know if it's official or a temp episode count to see how much fanbase the series can acquire

tatsit
Wed, 08-18-2004, 05:21 AM
which fansub do you guys download it from?

Dungwader
Wed, 08-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Clicky (http://www.iy4ever.net/)

Eurasian
Wed, 08-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
i'm pretty used to gory animes i've seen more gorie stuff than this but it is pretty explicit i guess, still i haven't seen any guts ripped out of bodies or anything it's just blood and a heart for now
guts ripped out...::face turns pale:: it reminds me of hannibal...WAAAAAAA!!!

THAT HEART!!! i don't think i've been this disturbed since watching hannibal.

yah, hannibal isn't an anime but it's the last gory thing i watched.

5p4ced0ut
Wed, 08-18-2004, 11:04 AM
does anyone where I can find ep 2 subbed, not raw?

SK
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:29 PM
cool thanks for link, i love gore so im downloading now (yes im a psycho)
EDIT: TORRENT isnt working :/

Dungwader
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:38 PM
The link isn't to the torrent it is to the fan subbers website.

Mut
Wed, 08-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Wow, could you bitch a little bit more please. Quit watching this show until you grow a pair.

Black Knight
Wed, 08-18-2004, 06:38 PM
man.. you women got me all excited over it.. what a letdown. those body parts were practically falling off by themselves. as for the story.. well i dont know if i see one thats worth watching yet. someone enlighten me as to where this is going.

SK
Wed, 08-18-2004, 07:02 PM
has potential, i love the gore, and btw there is a link to the torrent from their site, thats to the guy who said something about the link lmao

P-Virus
Wed, 08-18-2004, 11:30 PM
to say the true I dont like IYF4E subs............. The best group so far subbing elfen is a join project nanashi and animeyuki (btw for who doesnt know nanashi is fork with a new name ) well here is the link to that release BANG!!! (http://yuki.nandayo.net/) trust me best subs so far also the only group with the right trans in the opening (is a latin song so figure )

Munsu
Wed, 08-18-2004, 11:41 PM
I havent watched that joint project... buy I have to agree with you, as i mentioned before, on IY4Ever subs... they really do a poor job on translation...

Black_Knight... welcome back... I remember your posts from the old days... you wont remember me because i didnt post much back then....

BUT... I think you are very mistaken on your opinion of this series... this is a true masterpiece at the moment.. open your mind and watch more carefully of what is happening.... nothing can be truely realistic... you just have to adjust to the reality of what the anime is presenting to you and accept it as true to truely enjoy it...

Hotsuma
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:18 AM
ANybody here got the opening song Mp3?

Dungwader
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Well after watching episode 1 I can say that I wasn't overly impressed. I will definetly give it a couple more episodes before I solidify my opinion but so far it isn't horrible but not great either.

Black Knight
Thu, 08-19-2004, 12:47 PM
bud: i dont doubt that whats happening is intense. what im doubting is how long they can hold that intensity and also in what way. the way i see it, they havent really shown us what theyre going to do after that girl (lisa, was it? i dont remember the name) kills that team sent to kill her. thats what im curious about. what the series is going to be about. for all i know, that cousin girl might see her kill that team and make it her goal to reform her. the rest of the series could turn into some sort of comedy with lisa (whatever. haha) learning how to live a normal life without ripping people apart. you get what im saying right?

heh. glad to see someone recognizes me. you might also recognize the somewhat rambling style of my posts. i wont take it personally if you ask me what the hell im talking about.

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Urotsukidoji, hentai-action full of gore a girls stomach gets ripped open people get ripped to shreds it's extremely violent if you haven't seen this check it out, look past the hentai because that practically ruins the entire show action and violence wise it's pretty good and don't get the new ova which is 3 ep it's a rape of the original which is much longer

Xollence
Thu, 08-19-2004, 02:04 PM
What's up with all these animes having some strange girl with special abilities end up living with a boy that can't communicate with her. This anime is very similiar, so far, to This Ugly and Beautiful World and DearS.

P-Virus
Thu, 08-19-2004, 03:50 PM
nah Xollence is way different than those shows you mentioned this show is gore in the most deep meanig of the word just wait for the next couple eps and you will see what im talking about

InnerSakuraChan
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:02 PM
wow . . . I just watched the first ep by na-yu . . . It hought the quality o the sub was great, and i'm impressed that they translated the opening latin. as for the anime itself . . . well, I Loved the opening. but man, how can something so cute be so violent? I suppose i'm being naive. I like the animation style, and I love the music. I think its worth downloading the next couple eps, to see where things go. Elfen Leid to me, is like chobits, and akira miked together with a little love hina.

Knives122
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:43 PM
I watched it a couple of days ago but Im lazy, so I thought this was pretty good for a first ep. I didnt mind the nudity or gore b/c I can find animes that have that stuff in it, the opening was long and I actually liked it, overall I give it a 4/5

in other words WATCH THIS ANIME

Mae
Thu, 08-19-2004, 07:38 PM
I liked the Klimpt + catgirl opening and the first half of the show, but I found the second half a little dull. I mean, they find a naked, confused, bleeding girl in the ocean, and what do they think? "Oh! let's take her home!" Not "Let's call an ambulance!!" And having the powerful character being dumb, overly innocent, overly cute looking and acting, and only able to say one word was done to DEATH in Chobits. Also reminds me of Kono Minikukumo Utsukushii Sekai and Cat Girl Nuku Nuku....

That being said, I was encouraged when the clumsy/cute secretary was killed, and I'll watch a couple more eps to see how it goes. Can't really judge a show by one ep....

Hotsuma
Thu, 08-19-2004, 10:37 PM
The difference between DearS, Ugly and Elfen Lied is that well.. Elfen Lied is good. While, the other two suck ass. Well, DearS does anyways. I wasn't impressed with Ugly though.

DraGunZer0
Fri, 08-20-2004, 06:31 AM
DearS is great.... Elfen Lied is... ok for now, haven't seen Ugly yet. but out of the 3. DearS is my fav...

HaZMaTiK
Fri, 08-20-2004, 09:08 AM
episode 2 has just been released by anime_fin

HaZMaTiK
Fri, 08-20-2004, 10:20 AM
boy this hsow is starting to be a great series can not wait till next episode

tatsit
Fri, 08-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Right.. anime.fin.. went to their channel, copied and paste the xdcc send command which was written on the topic.. then i was redirected by the user to another, and once i xdcc list the other user, i was banned... Fantastic op attitudes... Their website is down.. and so is their pathetic tracker.

EpoC
Fri, 08-20-2004, 04:20 PM
when I started to watch the first episode, I thought WTF. blood splatter everywhere, more violent and bloody than berserk, and the girl who was just a normal innocent girl got her head chopped off in the beginning. Everyone in the beginning of the epsiode died in various violent ways.
Also this soldier guy who is not less agressive, hits a woman who came behind him. And again I thought WTF.
this is really violent, and maybe intresting I will keep on watching this.

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 08-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
Dude. This anime was FUCKED UP. Seriously. I watched this shit at night, and was apalled at how morbid this was. This is probably the most extreme shit I've seen in the past 5-6 years.

Morbid?

*raises eyebrow*

Downloading this...sounds promising i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Anivlys
Sat, 08-21-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by: tatsit
Right.. anime.fin.. went to their channel, copied and paste the xdcc send command which was written on the topic.. then i was redirected by the user to another, and once i xdcc list the other user, i was banned... Fantastic op attitudes... Their website is down.. and so is their pathetic tracker.

http://tracker.anime-fin.net:6969 should work, albeit a bit slow.

Deezbeez
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:09 AM
Just finished the first ep, seems alright more gore then im used to but the warning kinda freaked me out.

SK
Sat, 08-21-2004, 09:45 AM
lmao anyone who thinks this is real disturbing or gory should watch passion of the christ.

tatsit
Sat, 08-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by: Anivlys

http://tracker.anime-fin.net:6969 should work, albeit a bit slow.

Not just a bit, its very very very slow when dling the torrent..

ryan92084
Sat, 08-21-2004, 01:22 PM
ehh it works perfectly fine for me ...they have 3 out now btw

theblakeman
Sat, 08-21-2004, 04:52 PM
This seriously seems like it's turning into a hentai show O_O

P-Virus
Sat, 08-21-2004, 04:55 PM
I wouldnt trust anime-fin they didnt release ep 01
also they stole Na-Yu translation for the opening song wich is latin
dont you see is wierd that so many people , ppl in animefin y deathwolf from spoon come up with the translation for the latin song right after Na-yu how convenient right... Deathwolf (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12800&start=15) read his post saying he has been working in the opening song What a lie I hate ppl like this .
So now you know that if any other group comeout with the opening song it was stolen from na-yu

theblakeman
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by: P-Virus
dont you see is wierd that so many people , ppl in animefin y deathwolf from spoon come up with the translation for the latin song right after Na-yu how convenient right... Deathwolf (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12800&start=15) read his post saying he has been working in the opening song What a lie I hate ppl like this .
So now you know that if any other group comeout with the opening song it was stolen from na-yu

It's the same fucking language no matter who translates it, hell Anime Fin even got some better meanings out of the latin words.
For example, serene and benevolent were far more appropriate than what Na-Yu subbed.
Also they got the ending song right, it's "Maybe I wanna be your girl" not "baby".
Either way it shouldnt matter. They are just fansubs. : [

P-Virus
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by: theblakeman

It's the same fucking language no matter who translates it, hell Anime Fin even got some better meanings out of the latin words.
For example, serene and benevolent were far more appropriate than what Na-Yu subbed.
Also they got the ending song right, it's "Maybe I wanna be your girl" not "baby".

how can you be so sure they had it right ?
they having different words is not the problem
the problem is animefin stealing na-yu opening song the latin text .

theblakeman
Sat, 08-21-2004, 05:54 PM
If someone else has it right, why translate it on your own only to come up with the same conclusion? : /

Santah
Sat, 08-21-2004, 06:09 PM
To be honest It failed to impress me. I won't be downloading any more episodes.

DraGunZer0
Sat, 08-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Yes this show is bloody (especially that secretary... man she got pwned bwahahaha...) but there were warnings i believe... well atleast from IY4. Trying to find a better sub group right now but all the torrents of other groups seem to be down. I wanna see her go take down more people... perferable students in some school... Nyuu! (DIE!)

P-Virus
Sat, 08-21-2004, 09:23 PM
theblakeman

at least they should give the credits from who they took it

Munsu
Sun, 08-22-2004, 12:52 AM
Since im still in episode 1 can you post a spoiler warning if you are going to discuss beyond that?? i would appreciate it....

foofoofoofoo
Sun, 08-22-2004, 01:35 AM
eh, how is this series anyway

tatsit
Sun, 08-22-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by: foofoofoofoo
eh, how is this series anyway

13 altogether..

btw, is the op and ed singles out yet?

Xollence
Sun, 08-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Anyone know which irc channel and server animefin is on?
Awesome sig foofoo.

HaZMaTiK
Sun, 08-22-2004, 11:24 AM
boy can not wait till future episodes turning out pretty good show i liked how animefin told us "you read that right wait till next episode" hehe good stuff

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 08-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Just saw the first ep and thought it was cool, nice art and scenery etc, as well...judging from some of the previous posts I was kind of expecting a one dimensional gore fest but the violence wasn't that bad really (a few scattered limbs and exploding bodies etc) - I actually liked the show rather than just the violence. Someone said before that Gantz will be more violent in the uncut episodes which will be true unless this show gets more violent as it goes along.

I hope anime-fin eps 2 and 3 are as good as the animeyuki ep 1 seemed to be (I don't know anything really about translations but the sentences made sense)...

HaZMaTiK
Sun, 08-22-2004, 07:00 PM
boy anime-fin is doing an incredible job hope more episodes come along

ryan92084
Sun, 08-22-2004, 07:18 PM
incoming super over simplification by me

its like chobits ..but instead of chii making all the persocoms freak out ....she kills people... and minus the comedy

and as for the opening song, it is the win ...but whoever wrote it did so with a more of an english sentence structuce rahter then a latin one and is actually fairly easy to translate that way

HaZMaTiK
Sun, 08-22-2004, 08:56 PM
episode 4 is out by anime fin

P-Virus
Sun, 08-22-2004, 08:57 PM
HaZMaTiK

Anime.fin are thieves stealing song translations i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif .... Wait for na-yu releases
also I dont trust groups that dont sub from the start i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Mut
Sun, 08-22-2004, 11:46 PM
i didn't read any of the posts before mine so i'ma probably be repeating others...

i have two thoughts about this so far (ep. 2):

1. THE FUCK. this is some pretty crazy stuff.
2. that stupid ass girl in the begining... that idiot with the coffee. if she had survived, i would've been pissed. thank god she got what she deserved.

EDIT: yeah... this shit is like almost rivaling berserk in the amount of violence... but then again, nothing can compare to the awesomeness of berserk.

DraGunZer0
Mon, 08-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Hmm... links to anime fin torrents dont work for me... all that pops up is a bunch of jibberish computer text... the matrix is out to get me.....

BTW: which sub group do you guys think has the best subbing so far?

ryan92084
Mon, 08-23-2004, 11:26 AM
right click the torrent link and choose save target as

HaZMaTiK
Mon, 08-23-2004, 11:39 AM
i recommend anime-fin as they are up to episode 4

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 08-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by: DraGunZer0
Hmm... links to anime fin torrents dont work for me... all that pops up is a bunch of jibberish computer text... the matrix is out to get me.....

BTW: which sub group do you guys think has the best subbing so far?

DraGunZer0 - if what ryan said didn't work, try clicking the link in Internet Explorer (unless you already did) because thats what I have to do sometimes as Mozilla (which I use) sometimes brings up a load of computery text for me...

DraGunZer0
Mon, 08-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Can't believe i didn't try that.............. well.. anyone know where to get ep 1 from anime-fin?

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 08-23-2004, 12:36 PM
anime-fin hasn't released ep 1, after readin a lot of comparisons i think Na-Yu is the best subber out there, anime-fin sounds like releases that you'll only watch while waitin for a better version in this case Na-Yu, i haven't seen Na-Yu's version yet i'm downloading as we speak but i hear from everyone that they did the best job

DraGunZer0
Mon, 08-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Aiight, thanx a lot, now to DL all elfen lied from Na-Yu....

Munsu
Mon, 08-23-2004, 04:32 PM
anime.fin sucks very badly... if you are not desperate i recommend that you wait for other releases...

anime.fin have always sucked and will always suck... and I'm talking from experience

HaZMaTiK
Mon, 08-23-2004, 06:26 PM
i choose anime-fin as they are up to episode 4 minus episode 1 where as na-yu just released episode 1v2 lol anyways thats my likeness can not fdore it onto you

btw ENJOY the show i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 08-23-2004, 07:04 PM
anime-fin isn't that great but i could atleast understand what the ep was globaly about can't wait for ep 5 and better subs

Xollence
Mon, 08-23-2004, 08:41 PM
I really don't like animefin's font for the 4th episode. A4L-Arupt's subs are pretty good.

InnerSakuraChan
Mon, 08-23-2004, 09:14 PM
being the Otaku I am, I've seen all the RAWs up to five - which just came out. I'm waiting for na-yu's fansub - I have a friend on that team - I owe it to him, I suppose. besides, I really like their typesetting for the intro.

I Like this anime, enough to keep waching it, and iI want to see where it goes.

some of my thoughts:

man, it sure is violent - my stomach did a couple of flip-flops during episode four. yikes!! though, the invisible hand thing is kind of cool looking.

The whole cute, I-know nothing-about-sex, here!-touch-my-boob! attitude that Nyuu gives off is starting to get kind of annoying. I like her much better when she's in Lucy-destruction mode. I suppose she's like that to draw in the male veiwers; because what guy wouldnt want a cute, naive girl living in his house, and there has to be some excuse for her nudity.

after five, the one thing that stuck out in my mind, is "wow, there sure are alot of perverts in this anime."

I cant wait to see them subbed, so I can catch more of the story-line details.

5p4ced0ut
Tue, 08-24-2004, 04:49 AM
does anyone know if this is going to be more of an action or romance anime?

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 08-24-2004, 07:01 AM
Nyuu acts like that because underneath she's looking for someone to reproduce with that's why she lets herself be touched plus she's just so innocent when she's Nyuu, Lucy is bad ass she totally ripped that girl apart

thundrakkon
Wed, 08-25-2004, 10:26 PM
I am beginning to have serious doubts on if I like Nyuu's character or not.

**Episode 4 spoilers**

The other dicloneous (don't remember spelling) was really sweet and cute. The story builds up this adorable character, and the next thing you know, she becomes slaughtered. That was so sad! Nyuu is cute one second, and the next, she is just a murdering monster with no remorse or care who she kills.

**End Spoilers**

This series is really toying with my emotions, and it appears as if any character could die in the blink of an eye, even the main one. Any thing seems possible with this series. However, I have to admit, the intensity and story is quite good. It is a very good Anime to make me feel and think all sorts of things.

njdevs95
Wed, 08-25-2004, 11:27 PM
2 things. First a-fin released ep 1 and 2 what is the url for na-yu. Thanks.

Aeon
Wed, 08-25-2004, 11:40 PM
I just watched this show and I gotta say I'm impressed by it. Ep 1 kinda turned me off but I know it's stupid to judge a show by the first ep so I watched 2,3 and 4 and now I'm hooked enough to add it to my weekly lineup. It's reminding me of Ugly Beautiful World with Nyuu/Lucy having a nice personality and a destructive personality.
Up to ep 4 spoilers now follow

Poor Nana, I felt bad for her when Mayu caused her to get her fingers and leg ripped off. And I dunno what it is bout Mayu but from her first sceen I kept hoping she wouldnt die.

ryan92084
Thu, 08-26-2004, 02:14 AM
but you knew she would : /

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 08-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by: thundrakkon

This series is really toying with my emotions, and it appears as if any character could die in the blink of an eye, even the main one. Any thing seems possible with this series. However, I have to admit, the intensity and story is quite good. It is a very good Anime to make me feel and think all sorts of things.

Same here...I agree with you on the bit about Nana, the unpredictability seems fairly similar to Gantz in that way which I found unpredictable as well...

I like the dual personality thing with Lucy/Nyuu, both personalities are pretty cool, I just finished watching Samurai Deeper Kyo so its straight from one anime with such a character and then immediately onto this series...

I'm tempted to search around for the manga which the series is based on, I probably want to finish watching the series though before I read it...

Can't wait for ep5 to come out...

5p4ced0ut
Thu, 08-26-2004, 09:30 PM
If you don't already know ep 5 has just been released by anime-fin

you can get it at mirkx.com

Xollence
Thu, 08-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Thx for letting us know. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 08-26-2004, 09:34 PM
lol I had just checked and came back to update my post i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

njdevs95
Thu, 08-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Man the ending of episode 5 was messed up. Wasn't expecting such a sudden ending, I hope the next episode has a bit more action to it.

Everon
Fri, 08-27-2004, 01:16 AM
Ehhh? Whats wrong with the ending? I think that ending did Lucy's personality justice. I mean she just doesn't give a F*#$ about anything.

Lefty
Fri, 08-27-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by: njdevs95
Man the ending of episode 5 was messed up. Wasn't expecting such a sudden ending, I hope the next episode has a bit more action to it.

this whole sereis is messed up. In the first five minutes of the episode we see what eight, nine people die in a shower of blood and body parts. this is going to be one mind fuck of series and should expect anyhting and everything to happen. I look forward to everly last minute of this series.

Aeon
Fri, 08-27-2004, 09:42 AM
I liked the ending of ep5 a lot, it kept the show true to it's nature. I just have a quick question, what exactly did Nana do to stop Lucy from using her powers?

njdevs95
Fri, 08-27-2004, 09:54 AM
It appeared as though she used one of her "arms" to reach into lucy's head and apply pressure to her brain, I'm guessing that she did something to the part of the brain that controls the arms. Also the ending to 5 was good but sudden. I mean the guy is talking then bam his head gets taken off and it cuts right to the ending song.

Xollence
Fri, 08-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Haha that scared the shit out of me. Episode 5 was pretty messed up, but in a good way.

Munsu
Sat, 08-28-2004, 03:21 AM
How do i expect this anime to end....

Lucy fucks Kouta and just as he is about to say that he loves her... she chops his head...

or something along those lines...

Na'... I really hope they end up together

thundrakkon
Sat, 08-28-2004, 03:31 AM
What an ending to ep 5, indeed! So sudden and suprising... I have to admit it was true to the show, and had quite an effect.

The Mayu story on what happened between her parents, sigh, but unfortunately, these messed up things do happen in real life. Her parents are both messed up. I really would never of thought an anime would bring up that type of situation, but wow, this series keeps on surprising me one after another.

I wonder who will die first, Mayu or her parents? It would be so sad if Mayu dies... I mean, she has suffered so much already, and I really feel for her.

I can't wait for the next episode! Let the emotional turmoil continue!

Munsu
Sat, 08-28-2004, 03:50 AM
I dont think Lucy would kill Mayu.... I mean... she already could have done so if she wanted to...

I think the other girl (forgot her name) has a higher chance of being killed

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 08-28-2004, 06:24 AM
oh hell yeah ep 5's ending was nice, lucy was just like shut up moron who do you think you are if you can't even use your arms anymore your worthless, poor mayu that's just sad

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 08-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Ep 5 was messed up...such a sad (and unpleasant) subject for Mayu's part of the storyline...had a nice ending where Lucy did what had to be done i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

The other girl is starting to irritate me a little bit (the one who gets jealous of Nyuu).

Suzu
Sun, 08-29-2004, 07:46 AM
This anime is so messed! I love it! !Does anybody know where i can get the OST or at least the opening theme? Thanks in advance.

Everon
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:57 PM
This anime is what Konomini sekai should have been like. A multiple personality Hikari.

Who's producing this anime anyways?

Munsu
Sun, 08-29-2004, 11:01 PM
Yeah i think i mentioned earlier that this is what Konomini should have been... and also GANTZ (uncensored)

Producer: ARMS / GENCO / VAP

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4148

too bad it's only 13 episodes... I know i am gonna be left wanting more

hikaru004
Sun, 08-29-2004, 11:29 PM
It was a truly disturbing episode, but it kept up the theme of family hurting each other. I hope that the series can keep up the good work.

I thought that it was poetic justice that the professor was told that he was an evolutionary dead end and then eliminated.

Aeon, I think that Nana was trying to hit the pineal gland that was mentioned by that professor in ep 5 that is suppose to control those arms.

Mut
Mon, 08-30-2004, 02:18 PM
i have a question... aren't kouta and that short haired brunette cousins??? in one of the eps, she was like "suck my tittas" or something... wtf!?

thundrakkon
Mon, 08-30-2004, 02:32 PM
I am pretty sure they are cousins, Mut@t@, although, I don't know how. The relationship hasn not been concretely established. For all we know, she could be a cousin-in-law or adopted, and she might not be blood related at all. Or they could be distant cousins...

After thinking about beginning of the series, I am wondering why the guy with the glasses (forgot his name) did not get killed by Lucy. He had a red hand mark on his back, and he was not afraid of Lucy at all. I wonder if he has any special powers to block her, or maybe Lucy respects him in a different way. In the Nana scene, he approached Nana and Lucy, without any fear. I wonder...

theblakeman
Mon, 08-30-2004, 04:14 PM
In Japan cousins fuck each other all the time....at least in hentai anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ryan92084
Mon, 08-30-2004, 04:21 PM
lol

tatsit
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:39 AM
Which fansubbers subbing elfen lied is the best?

Munsu
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:47 AM
imo i prefer animeyuki... but they are still at episode 1... so for know watch anime.fin up until episode 5...

dont get the a4l ones...

Xollence
Tue, 08-31-2004, 12:13 PM
a4l isn't that bad. Episode 6 by a4l and arupt is out.

Eurasian
Tue, 08-31-2004, 02:25 PM
just wait to ep 4... ep 1 is nothing when you watch ep 4

OMG!!! OMG!!! i just watched it...thank god the sun is out and i have a long day ahead of me. but then i'm just going think about it....::shivers:: OMG!!!! OMG!!!! ::faints::

thundrakkon
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Wait until you see episode 5, Eurasian. Just remember to watch it during the day. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Episode 6 by A4L... Well, I did not likeA4L's translations as much as Anime-Fin, and the font or wording was a little hard for me to read at times.

Woohoo!

**Episode 6 Spoilers**

I am so happy that Nana has returned! Although, why did she have to meet that psychopathic SOB out of all people? It looks like she might survive this confrontation. It looks like they patched her up, and she does not have much control over her limbs yet, but I am still glad she is alive, although I don't know for how long.

What was Lucy looking for inside that girls brain? The missing knowledge of reproduction?

Yuka now appears to be in a relationship with Kouta. I wonder how long that will last, considering Lucy looks really jealous? If Lucy feels she doesn't deserve his love, then she must have done something really bad to him in the past. For now, it appears that Kouta will be safe from her killing him.

**End Spoilers**

Does anyone else think that Lucy killed Kouta's younger sister? Do you think that glasses guy's baby was a diclonius? Do you think that Lucy and Kouta will start a new civilazation of Diclonius? Or will Lucy die in the end?

Eurasian
Wed, 09-01-2004, 05:06 AM
thundrakkon, epi 5 is just as disturbing as epi 4. THE BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! she's pretty much whipping out the population of japan.

***********spoilers*************

yah, i'm glad that nana is still alive. i think she'll come out later to try to kill lucy again to prove her usefulness.

i think lucy killed kouta's younger sister. when she wanted to kill him, she sees an image of young kouta covered in blood. and then she sees a flashback of kouta playing w/ his younger sister. and she goes on saying she has no right. so yah, lucy killed kouta's younger sister. lucy has killed many ppl but why is kouta the exception? i thought she has no emotions. i kinda think lucy likes kouta. she's probably feeling what nyuu feels.

lucy is sooooooooo cool. she's probably my #1 favo female character. the coldness in her eyes reminds me of jo from bakuten.

Xollence
Wed, 09-01-2004, 11:06 AM

Does anyone else think that Lucy killed Kouta's younger sister? Do you think that glasses guy's baby was a diclonius? Do you think that Lucy and Kouta will start a new civilazation of Diclonius? Or will Lucy die in the end?

That's the great thing about this anime, it's so unpredictable. I don't think she'll die at the end, I have a feeling many of the other main characters will.

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 09-01-2004, 01:58 PM
I had a feeling we hadn't seen the last of Nana considering how much she is covered in trailers and on the official site etc, besides it wouldn't have made much sense to kill her off with minimal impact on the story (though then again when I first watched ep1 I thought the receptionist girl may be an important character i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif - I was pretty glad to find I was wrong though i/expressions/devil.gif ). I'm glad she's back though...

If Lucy did kill Kouta's sister then that'd be a pretty cool twist, her character is getting more and more interesting as the series goes on. Kouta and Yuka still irritate me a little bit, but I guess thats not gonna change i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Eurasian
Wed, 09-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by: Swallow Your Soul
kouta and Yuka still irritate me a little bit, but I guess thats not gonna change
agree!! that is gross. i'm telling u, they r going to hell!!!

DB_Hunter
Wed, 09-01-2004, 03:04 PM
OK I have to say I don't think I can be freaked out by any anime, I don't care how gory or bloody it is... can someone give me a link to this stuff? Lemme see what's got all you wussies up in arms i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Eurasian
Wed, 09-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Elfen Lied (http://baka-updates.com/index.php?page=releasebygroup&sort=Anime4Life%20&% 20Anirupt)

those r A4l but animeworks sub it too. i usually get it from mirkx.

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 09-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
OK I have to say I don't think I can be freaked out by any anime, I don't care how gory or bloody it is... can someone give me a link to this stuff? Lemme see what's got all you wussies up in arms

The gore isn't really that bad...pretty typical of a violent anime...the storyline is more interesting for me than the gore...one bit during episode 5 (I think it was 5, might have been 4) was very disturbing though it wasn't a violent scene...I'm sure people who've watched it will know which part I mean...

Eurasian
Wed, 09-01-2004, 09:28 PM
episode 4 and 5 were both violent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imo, epi 4 is bloodier. ::shivers::

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Eurasian, all the episodes were violent so far, just to varying degrees, and different style of violence. It never stops suprising me. Even when I see the previews (esp. ep 4 previews), I knew what was coming but it still surprises me to the degree. Gantz was good, but I definitely think this is better. Not so much because of the violence, but because of the storyline and surprise/suspense factor.

Eurasian
Thu, 09-02-2004, 02:02 AM
thundrakkon, ur right that pretty much each epi is violent. i do hope that i can function normally after each epi and won't tremble from the shock or have flashes of those IMAGES!!!! and ur also right. the story is good.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 09-02-2004, 12:43 PM
The BT links don't work...

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 09-02-2004, 01:45 PM
episode 4 and 5 were both violent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imo, epi 4 is bloodier. ::shivers::

I know every episode was violent, I tried to edit my post right after I posted that msg before but it wouldn't let me...some kind of error...I had a feeling there'd be a reaction to it as I didn't put it very well.

Anyway, what I meant to add was that the show IS very violent, but there are loads of things out there that are much more violent, just in reply to what DB Hunter was asking. The really really super disturbing bit I mentioned didn't have any violence in at all...

Another thing I tried to say in my edit that didn't work was that the storyline is way more interesting than the gore (though it is pretty gruesome...but it is more like 'Kill Bill' style violence which for me is easier to watch than something really drawn out and sadistic like Audition - which was horrible!).

I also posted that just after watching the Japanese zombie movie 'Stacy' as well so maybe that influenced what I said i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Eurasian
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:29 PM
A4l (http://bt.point-blank.cc/?cat=14)

anime-works (https://http://egelteek.no-ip.org:50080/index.html)

anime-fin (http://tracker.anime-fin.net:6969/)

i hope one of those work.

i have to say movies r different from anime. movies r more real. disturbing movies - ichi the killer, hannibal

5p4ced0ut
Thu, 09-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Everyone keeps saying to watch it during the day so I've made it a tradition to watch them at night

Eurasian
Thu, 09-02-2004, 08:42 PM
a rebel. but can u sleep at night??

hikaru004
Thu, 09-02-2004, 09:17 PM
I've watched these episodes at night and have no problem sleeping.

**Episode 6 spoilers**
I knew there was a connection between Kouta and Lucy (with all those flashbacks to a young Kouta).
I hope that she really didn't kill his sister, but I think that it's being setup that way.
So do you think that Nana goes ballistic and starts killing people?

**End of spoiler**

It just keeps gettting more interesting. I hope that she survives at the end of the series.

Eurasian
Thu, 09-02-2004, 09:52 PM
i watched the 1st epi at night and i don't think i got a nightmare. if i did, i can't remember. but i was afraid i would get a nightmare. i just kept thinking about it before i went to sleep.

Knives122
Thu, 09-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
a rebel. but can u sleep at night??

I watch it at night to, and to answer your question, yes...yes I can

Eurasian
Thu, 09-02-2004, 10:03 PM
ok good then. i'm glad u can. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ryan92084
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:31 AM
gorry: ya... disturbing: at times...frightening: nope

i haven't watched an episode yet before 1am ( its not on purpose i just work till 11)

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-03-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by: hikaru004
I've watched these episodes at night and have no problem sleeping.

**Episode 6 spoilers**
I knew there was a connection between Kouta and Lucy (with all those flashbacks to a young Kouta).
I hope that she really didn't kill his sister, but I think that it's being setup that way.
So do you think that Nana goes ballistic and starts killing people?

**End of spoiler**

It just keeps gettting more interesting. I hope that she survives at the end of the series.

**Episode 6 Spoilers**

I think that Nana will kill that rebuilt bastard of a soldier. Afterwards, it will be the first time she kills, so it might change. Her "father" wants her to live a safe life, so if she remembers that, she might try to kill again. I bet that she will also end up at Kouta's residence, and tension will roll with Lucy.

Does anyone think that the glasses guy actually didn't kill his baby, and that Nana is that baby? His wife probably committed suicide after seeing a baby with horns, or maybe, Nana subconsciously killed her at birth. i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

**End of spoiler**

Actually, I always watch it at night. It just works out that way, since I dl it in the afternoon, and finishes by night time to watch.

Munsu
Fri, 09-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Maybe I'm making this up... but didnt they say in one episode that this test subjects were made from dead people or something along those lines? so maybe he indeed killed Nana, and then he made her into one of his test subjects....

I dont know... maybe my mind is playing tricks on me

Eurasian
Fri, 09-03-2004, 10:39 AM
uh...i don't remember that...maybe the ones i got had bad translations. i thought they were just mutants. but then i could be wrong. confused. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

i don't know if it's spoilers but i'll just post that it is.
*********spoilers*************
i think they implyed that kurama (or whatever his name is) is "like a father" to nana. i don't think they r blood-related.

**Episode 6 Spoilers**
I bet that she will also end up at Kouta's residence, and tension will roll with Lucy.
**End of spoiler**

YAH!! she'll meet nyu and think she's all innocent and doesn't want to kill her. but she's determined to please papa that she has to make a choice to kill or not to kill.

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:13 PM
Near the start of the series I had a feeling that Kouta's sister would appear at some point as a diclonious (sp?). Not sure whether it'd happen but it'd be a pretty good twist if she just appeared before him...it'd present an interesting situation.

Yeah Eurasian you're right that animes different..which is probably why anime violence doesn't really disturb me unless its sexual violence which I don't really like to see (though I didn't like what happened to Nana...but that was just cos she's too sweet and likable to get that i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif).

The wait between episodes is fairly painful when they leave it on a cliffhanger each episode (I wanna see what happens with Nana)

Munsu
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:15 PM
I think that in the flashback Kouta's sister did indeed appear to be a diclonious if not mistaken (maybe my mind is playing tricks on me again)...

If this is true, then my theory of the test subjects being initially dead holds true since apparently Lucy killed her... or something of that sort

Eurasian
Fri, 09-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by: Swallow Your Soul
The wait between episodes is fairly painful when they leave it on a cliffhanger each episode (I wanna see what happens with Nana)

i agree w/ u. i watched 5 epi in a row...and now i got nothing new to watch...AH!!

PossiblE
Fri, 09-03-2004, 07:55 PM
I don't know why you people seem to be freightened after watching these episodes. I watch them at night and there is nothing that is "scary" about them.

Anyways, onto my question. When do new episodes come out and how long does it take to sub them?

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by: PossiblE
I don't know why you people seem to be freightened after watching these episodes. I watch them at night and there is nothing that is "scary" about them.

Anyways, onto my question. When do new episodes come out and how long does it take to sub them?

It's more of the shock factor and surprises than the scariness factor. It's quite a suspenseful series, and considering your response, you seem to like it, too, but just not as scared.

I don't remember when it actually comes out, but raws usually come in on Monday, and it will take however long the group that subs them want to take to provide fans the subs. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

PossiblE
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:56 AM
Hmm, thanks for the reply.

I guess after watching Ninja Scroll at such a young age, the blood in Anime isn't that shocking to me.

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by: PossiblE
I guess after watching Ninja Scroll at such a young age, the blood in Anime isn't that shocking to me.

Yeah thats pretty much what I meant to say as well...some of my first anime included NS and Urotsukidoji (which although it sucks, has a lot of violence in it, and the version I saw was a censored version as well) etc so I guess it just depends on what you've seen before...

I'm glad the episodes come out fairly regularly (by which I mean more regularly than GitS:SAC i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) cos I've not got much to watch at the moment as far as anime goes...

I think that in the flashback Kouta's sister did indeed appear to be a diclonious if not mistaken (maybe my mind is playing tricks on me again)...

She did? That goes to show my ability (or lack thereof) to concentrate and pay attention when watching the show i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

5p4ced0ut
Sat, 09-04-2004, 06:32 PM
To answer a question a while back I can sleep at night.

Just wondering does nebody know when when it airs in Japan.

NM
Mon, 09-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Just letting everybody know that Na-Yu has just released Episode 1, version 2. I know its no biggie but at least we know that Elfen Lied is still in their ongoing-projects list. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

thundrakkon
Mon, 09-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Episode 7 by Anime.fin is out. If you need a link, let me know.

EDIT:
Happiness! I just finished watching episode 7 and can't wait for episode 8.

**Episode 7 Spoilers**

I am pretty sure now that Nana is the Director's (glasses guy) daughter that he supposedly killed. Nana's relationship with that assassin guy is kind of weird and hard to believe (first time I've said that in this series). I didn't feel like much happened in this episode besides introducing Nana into the household, but it was a cute Nana episode. I don't really like her pyscho personality, however. From looking at the previews, they might all be getting along by the next episode. I wonder how they will handle it with both of them in the same house.

**End Spoilers**

I want episode 8! *Sigh*

Eurasian
Tue, 09-07-2004, 12:41 AM
WHY?!?! CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

********spoiler***********
nana burned cash. that precious money. i can't believe that papa gave nana that much money and he didn't even teach her how to use it.

there's always that one anime character in every series that loves food.

NANA V. NYU/LUCY. how did nana become like that? the berserk mode thing. imo, lucy looks scarier.
waiting for the next epi is hard...

Lefty
Tue, 09-07-2004, 12:54 AM
It's the long hair and the more adult looking face and body. Sexy with a pinch of psyco.

thundrakkon
Tue, 09-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Yeah, doesn't cliffhangers suck? Especially this series!

**Episode 7 Spoilers**

Her papa didn't have a chance to show her. It was pretty much hush, hush, go out inthe real world and try to survive. Besides, it's basic knowledge for us to use cash, so he might have not thought about it.

As far as Nana going beserk, it seems like they both have split personalities. I think the berserk mode you are talking about is their awared state. They realize that they are superior beings who should destroy the world and make it in their own image. The other passive state must be their instinctual state. Lucy tends to be very... umm.. sexual when she is Nyu. Whereas Nana is very clueless about her surroundings and gives into her desires (hunger, loneliness, friendship, sadness).

**End Spoilers**

I feel your pain, Eurasian. Now I feel like I should not have watched this until the next episode comes out first. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Shiena^
Tue, 09-07-2004, 08:10 AM
wow take a look at anime-fin tracker, it's the 1st time i've seen seeder almost as twice as leecher

DB_Hunter
Tue, 09-07-2004, 12:35 PM
OK I just saw the first ep... as I thought, it didn't freak me out. Just seemed kinda excessive, and I think they over did it with the killing. See something like the first Kenshin OVA had a very good opening sequence. It had murder but not too much, beatiful music and a great story. Here, all you had was blood, gore, guts and tits.

Aeon
Tue, 09-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Yea I didn't like the first ep that much, good thing I had about 4 or 5 eps total to watch or I prob would've dropped it. I hope Nana moves into the house even though it's doubtful.

Eurasian
Tue, 09-07-2004, 02:10 PM
nyu is just curious not sexual...even tho everything revolved around her boobs and yuka's (was that her name) boobs.

it seems that nana is conscious and aware when she's all ready for action. well, nyu/lucy isn't; split personality.

Aeon
Tue, 09-07-2004, 04:35 PM
NANA V. NYU/LUCY. how did nana become like that? the berserk mode thing. imo, lucy looks scarier.

It seems like Nana always had a berserker mode, the first time we saw her she was chained with blood over her body. Just like Nyuu/Lucy she doesn't seem to remember what the other one does.

thundrakkon
Tue, 09-07-2004, 04:51 PM
You're right, Aeon. I pretty much neglected that fact. I wonder how come Nana was bleeding. It must be the experiments that they tried on her, maybe trying to see how resilient she is. However, I never could understand why they chained her. If she wanted to, she should be able to destroy those chains pretty easily.

Eurasian, as mentioned before, Lucy has the ability to reproduce, and she is probably instinctually trying to do so. I just think her innocent curiosity is more intentional, and in a way, a self discover on her instincts.

Stoopider
Wed, 09-08-2004, 10:47 AM
1 Guy living in an inn with 4 girls. What could possibly go wrong? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Nai
Wed, 09-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Downloading it now. This will be interesting.

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
1 Guy living in an inn with 4 girls. What could possibly go wrong?

A bunch of bloody body parts and each diclonius wanting different parts of Kouta's anatomy. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

It's a nice thought, but being killed at any time does kind of put a damper on it. Besides, where are you going to find the energy to service 4 girls? The demands of 1 girl will knock out most guys.

DB_Hunter, I've seen Battle Angel Alita, Ninja Scroll, and Samurai X. They are all bloody and violent, but I still was quite shocked when I watched Elfen Lied. I don't know, it seems like Elfen Lied is touching a lot of subjects that other series are not. I just love the surprises in this series. It is just a great series. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Eurasian
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:34 PM
one more girl and it sounds like love hina. and they live in a building that was used as an inn. what a coincidence!

DraGunZer0
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
OK I just saw the first ep... as I thought, it didn't freak me out. Just seemed kinda excessive, and I think they over did it with the killing. See something like the first Kenshin OVA had a very good opening sequence. It had murder but not too much, beatiful music and a great story. Here, all you had was blood, gore, guts and tits.

Rurouni Kenshin OVA's were the best. LOVE the music. The story and animation was fantastic as well. Elfen Lied I also love in the same way, especially the intro theme music playing at certain parts in the eps. Gives you a creepy feeling.

Also tits is enough to get me hooked on an anime for a while...

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 09-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
WHY?!?! CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, I'm kinda glad I didn't watch it until today (Thursday night at the mo) as at least there'll be a shorter time till the next one i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

*********Ep 7 Spoilers*************

I hope Nana and Lucy find some way to get on the same side (it'd be pretty hard considering Lucy ripped off Nana's limbs though, but anythings possible i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) and do...evil things to the soldier dude...he's a well constructed bad guy character...so I want him to feel pain. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Like thundrakkon said about a preview where it look like they may be living under the same roof etc...I saw some kind of promotional material (I think it may have been a wallpaper on the official site) where they were all sat together (then again I guess that could just be for the sake of having them all in the same shot).

Eurasian
Thu, 09-09-2004, 08:24 PM
i check the computer every hour to see if it came out yet...i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

*******spoiler***********
dude, i didn't see the preview!! so i went back and watched it. it seems that it nana living there w/ nyu and lucy didn't awaken yet. in the preview, it looked like nana was gonna leave w/ her fallen limp. (this has nothing to do w/ elfen lied but it reminded me of a really old series. it can't remember what it's called but it's about this family that lived w/ a robot girl called vicki. and the mom asked vicki to "lend a hand" at cleaning and vicki literally gave her a hand. anyways, it's random.)

i actually saw that picture too. i just thought they wanted to put everyone popular in one picture. in those pictures, it's always nyu!! i want lucy!!!

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-10-2004, 02:00 AM
Eurasian, the raws don't come out until Sunday, so we will not have another episode until Sunday night at the earliest. No need to check every hour. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Oh, and the show you are referring to is "Small Wonder."

Eurasian
Sat, 09-11-2004, 04:47 PM
SUNDAY!!!! well, today is saturday...so one more day...

thundrakkon, did u watch small wonder??

thundrakkon
Tue, 09-14-2004, 02:17 AM
Elfen Lied episode 8 is out by Anime-fin:

Elfen Lied Ep 8 Torrent (http://tracker.anime-fin.net:6969/files/[anime_fin]_Elfen_Lied_-_08_[41830F32].avi.torrent)

Eurasian, yes, I did watch Small Wonder, and I remember the episode you were referring to. It was a funny show, though a bit corny at times.

Since this ep is out so late, I won't be able to see it tonight. It appears that Anime-fin is consistant with releasing late Monday night.

HaZMaTiK
Tue, 09-14-2004, 11:41 AM
man now i know why lucy is so screwed up main i would had done the same things to them kids thats the most sickest i thing i have seem i can handle people getting dismembered but that was alfull

Eurasian
Tue, 09-14-2004, 03:09 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anime-Fin site is down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xXxAngelGurlxXx
Tue, 09-14-2004, 03:24 PM
you can get it at A4L-Arupt for eps 8

Nai
Tue, 09-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Wow, Episode 8 was really disturbing.

DraGunZer0
Tue, 09-14-2004, 06:59 PM
8 was disturbing... ~they~ deserved every bit of what ~she~ did to ~them~

thundrakkon
Tue, 09-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Umm... wow... another disturbing ep alright. I want more! I can't believe I'll have to wait another week.

**Episode 8 Spoilers**

I know they had to make you hate those kids so much, but wow, they really deserved it. I don't know about the little girl, though.

Since Mayu now knows about Lucy, does that mean that she is the next to go? It looks like Lucy is apparently loosening up. She might eventually be good? Though I bet if something ever happened to Kouta, the world will end soon after. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

It looks like we'll get to see what happened between Kouta and Lucy next week. Happiness!

**End Spoilers**

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 04:23 PM
thundrakkon, u and i share the same thoughts. i can't believe i hafta wait another week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***************************spoiler**************** *******
u know, i watched epi 8 during the day during lunch. i went to buy a nice Chipotle carnitas fajita and i was all excited to watch anime and eat it. yes....i couldn't finish it when i saw that room....SHOCK!!! i was SHOCKED!!!!!

from the preview at the end of 7 on epi 8, i thought that was nana but it turned out to be lil lucy. they have the same hair cut...how cute!

and that dude's head. wtf. they gotta stop showing it. cuz he died really ugly.

YAH!!! i can't wait to see lil Kouta and lil Lucy. love at such a young age...how sweet. i guess now we know why lucy doesn't hurt kouta. NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!! AW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

once again....NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 09-15-2004, 07:09 PM
**************SPOILERS************* (though this thread is like 95% spoilers anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

Not wanting to make the thread seem like its in a loop, but I gotta say, those kids deserved MORE than they got! Seems like they got a quicker and easier death than the dog (yeah they got ripped apart but at least it was quick!). It was obvious what was going to happen but that was harsh!

I wonder if number 35 will turn out to be Kouta's sister or something like that.

***************END SPOILERS****************************************

The only problem with this series is that its so short (I forget if its 11 or 13 eps), and its rushed through without enough (for my liking) having been established!! These half-season (whatever you call them) series can be pretty painful when they end so suddenly...I can see this being similar...

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:02 PM
yah, it's like 13 episodes. i wish it was 26 or something. 13 more episodes of lucy!!

r u saying it's similar to konomini? CUZ IT'S NOT!!!!! man, i was so glad when it was over cuz konomini wasn't that good.

Munsu
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:57 PM
I wonder if what Kouta calls his sister is in fact Lucy... maybe his family adopted her or something... If not im pretty sure that Lucy did something to Kouta's sister...

Damn that poor dog... getting clubbered to death... I think that's the most disturbing scene of the whole series at the moment

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:15 PM
HEY! i was thinking that too. that lucy might be kouta's "lil sister." cuz the flashback from the beginning epi showed a pink haired girl as kouta's sister. but u would think kouta remembers how lucy looked liked.

Munsu
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:16 PM
I dont know what the deal with this series is... but everyone seems to have memory problems...

Lucy, Kouta, Mayu... etc...etc...

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:18 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! that's so true now that u pointed it out!

maybe kouta was really shocked from something and it caused him to forget. like he's to traumatized. remember lucy tried to attack him and she saw a horrified kouta? that's what i think...

Munsu
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah that's a given that it is all caused because of the shock...

But not everyone that has a shock has to lose their memory...

But it's all good...

Aeon
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Just watched the ep, that girl deserved to get killed for telling on the poor dog and then laughing about it while she was pretending to cry. At the end of the ep was the boy that walked up to her Kouta?

Elessar
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:38 AM
I think he is. And as I interpret the other posts, I am not alone with that opinion.
Anyway, good ep.

@Swallow Your Soul:
Think about it: a year has 52 weeks and 4 seasons (normally called spring, summer, autumn and winter).
52 / 4 = 13.
So a series with 13 eps and 1ep/week isn't half a season (for that would be 6.5 eps) but a whole season and a 26 ep series a double-season.

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:13 AM
Yeah, that kid in the end is Kouta. He looks like the same kid in the flashbacks, and he has that box, although I can't remember the significance of that box.

In TV terms, a season is usually 22 episodes in the US, and in Japan, I think 26 episodes is considered a season series, too.

I don't think that Lucy is Kouta's little sister. Kouta's sister had brown hair and a different haircut. I still think Lucy killed Kouta's sister. Lucy and Nana looks similar. I wonder if they were clones in some way?

Swallow Your Soul may be right. That is an intriguing idea that number 35 could end up being Kouta's sister.

Anyway, I can't wait until the next episode, and 13 episodes is way too short. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Eurasian
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:43 AM
WHAT?!?! kouta's sister had brown hair. i coulda sworn she had pink hair...my memory is failing me.

yah, i can't wait to see who 35 is! ah...another week...

my fajita is still there...unfinished...

oh, has anyone read the manga??

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-16-2004, 03:13 AM
Just for you, I'll post this pic for a little while:

'Pic Removed

However, after looking at these pics, they do look kind of similar. But then again, Lucy and Nana looks similar, too. They even have the same style of shirts in these pictures. OK, I'll post another pic to show how similar everyone looks:

'Pic Removed

EDIT: Pics Removed.

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-16-2004, 06:49 AM
I thought that Lucy might have been Kouta's sister for a while too, but a lot of the characters look the same. The preview seems to show Lucy looking on at Yuka, Kouta, and Kanae. It seems more likely that Lucy (now enjoying Kouta's attention and play) got jealous of Kouta and his sister and killed her. There have been flashbacks in the series (remembered by Lucy and Kouta) where Kouta yells "stop!" and has a little blood spatter on him.

As for whoever number 35 is, I can't wait to see.

These episodes have so much story crammed into them, that they seem like double eps anyway. 13 will probably be sufficient. Another great series, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, had only 14, but there was so much going on in every eps, each one felt like 3.

Eurasian
Thu, 09-16-2004, 08:35 AM
i think her pink hair can't be seen because of the sunset...j/k. thanx for posting those pictures. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

oh man, if lucy did kill kouta's sister cuz she's jealous....that sucks!!

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 09-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by: Elessar
@Swallow Your Soul:
Think about it: a year has 52 weeks and 4 seasons (normally called spring, summer, autumn and winter).
52 / 4 = 13.
So a series with 13 eps and 1ep/week isn't half a season (for that would be 6.5 eps) but a whole season and a 26 ep series a double-season.

Yeah like thundrakkon said, I meant a television season rather than a calendar one...

As for the manga, only one chapter (and a small section of the second chapter) seem to have been released by Fuon - so I haven't bothered to read it yet (I can't read stuff in small chunks, I like to read a lot at a time). If anyone knows another place that has released more then for gods sake let me know! http://abate.veritynet.net/~wacko/downloads.html - this is the only place I know of...

Coyote
Thu, 09-16-2004, 11:55 AM
I love this series, very few shows leave you wanting more so badly as this one does like at the ends of episodes 4 and 5, also Im glad Nana came back too. And my fav part was when shes talks with Mayu and Mayu thinks back to when she first saw Nana and thinks to herself "legs dont just fly off like that" and that it must have been a bad dream and then Nene's fake leg just plops off... Mayu just flat out passes out, that was priceless.

Also Ive seen the manga (un translated so I only know whats going on by the anime) but it seems to follow pretty close with a few "extra juicy bits" thrown in. But Ive got volumes 1-7 if somebody wants to translate them i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

DraGunZer0
Sun, 09-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Umm... does anyone know what happened to EL? Its been 2 weeks and still no raw for the next ep =/

Munsu
Mon, 09-20-2004, 12:25 AM
2 weeks without a raw? episode 8 just came out last week...

anyways episode 9 raw is on mirkx

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 09-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Tuesday seems to be the day for anime-fin (Monday if they're quick)...

Munsu
Tue, 09-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Episode 9 out by anime.fin

Epsiode 9 (http://tracker.anime-fin.net:6969/files/[anime_fin]_Elfen_Lied_-_09_[6E16BE10].avi.torrent)

Knives122
Tue, 09-21-2004, 06:49 PM
damn it Ive been missing out(ive only seen the 1st ep) I need to get back into it, but I need to buy more discs

thundrakkon
Tue, 09-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Lesson of the day: "Don't be rude to little girls"

**Episode 9 Spoilers**

I was really excited today to see this episode. It was so cool to see little Kouta and Lucy. It looks like Lucy developed her split personality when she began to kill people, and it also looks like Lucy is the one that will kill Kouta's sister and father. Also, with Lucy asking Kouta to kill her, it looks like this series might end with Kouta killing her.

That was quite brave of them to be naked out in public, and quite bold of Lucy to hold him like that. Oh yeah, it was also wrong for Kouta to lie to Lucy about the gender of his cousin, or else she might not have gone over the edge.

I have to admit, Kouta's quite a player at his young tender age. I mean, he played with 3 separate girls. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif I wonder why he wouldn't allow Lucy to go out with him and the others? Was he afraid that she'll know he is cheating on her? LOL

Next ep looks exciting with the rematch between Lucy and Nana. I didn't see a lot of blood when Lucy gathered with everyone, so hopefully Nana escapes this encounter, too.

**End Spoilers**

Arrrggghhhh... I'll need to wait another week for the next episode.

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-22-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

if it's german... what does it mean?

Since this thread is quite long this might have been answered already, if not: Elven Song

Mystic_X
Thu, 09-23-2004, 07:16 AM
lied = song
Elven I think Elfs (you know elfs like legolas)

yenlowang
Thu, 09-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Elfin/elfen
Pronunciation: 'el-f&n
Function: adjective
Etymology: irregular from elf
1 a : of, relating to, or produced by an elf b : resembling an elf especially in its tiny size <elfin portions>

2 having an otherworldly or magical quality or charm

for the win! nothing to do with elves so dont go there

Munsu
Thu, 09-23-2004, 12:26 PM
so what would be the correct one? Elfin or Elven...

because if not mistaken one of them is like Legolas while the other one is like a prixie

Eurasian
Thu, 09-23-2004, 04:41 PM
i think legolas is elven.

ep 9 spoiler****************
3 girls...what do u mean? just two. unless u count his sister which would be even more digusting than his cousin.

i love how she kills ppl just to use their shower. that's awesome.

that boy she killed in ep 8...walking around...headless!!! that was creepy.

finally lucy woke up. god, i love her. she's so goddamn awesome. the next epi looks good. LUCY HUGS KOUTA!!!!!

i kno how u feel thundrakkon. they gotta stop w/ these cliffhangers. it's killing me.

hikaru004
Thu, 09-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Don't you think that there is something weird about Kouta's memory loss? He's done it twice now. Do you think that he is also doing a Nyuu/Lucy thing on a smaller scale?

If he had just been honest in the beginning all of this might have been avoided.

Munsu
Thu, 09-23-2004, 06:33 PM
I dont think so.... I think Lucy would have been mad anyways.... She would have been dissapointed in the first place that the cousing was female... and her internal voice would have made her kill... there was no avoiding it...

Eurasian
Thu, 09-23-2004, 08:17 PM
kouta lost his memory twice?? someone refresh my memory. right now i can only think of how he has forgotten about lucy. or r u talking about forgetting about going to the fair w/ his cousin.

kouta only lied to make her feel better. how did he know that lucy was going to following him.

Munsu
Thu, 09-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah... i was thinking the same thing... he lied to her to make her feel better not because he had the intention of lying to her because he was doing something mischivious...

He lost his memory from his childhood... and also from when Lucy killed the doctor (although I think he somehow remembers some of that)

animefreak
Thu, 09-23-2004, 09:48 PM
where u guy dl Elfen Lied? i only dl from animsuki so i don't really know about this anime. Some link would help, thanks.

Munsu
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:00 PM
just use www.mirkx.com everything is posted there

also use baka-updates.com

hacks21
Fri, 09-24-2004, 08:22 AM
whats the best group to download from ?

Ryllharu
Fri, 09-24-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by: hacks21
whats the best group to download from ?

Anime-fin, no question.

As for eps 9, Here's what I don't get. After Kouta lied to Lucy, she went crazy, but in the present, she gets just as jealous of anyone around Kouta, when she's Nyuu OR psycho-killer-Lucy. But she never kills anyone he knows personally. It seems pretty obvious that she forgave him for lying to her, but the question is WHY? It seems pretty clear she never wants him to see her seriously hurt anyone either, no matter how angry or jealous she gets.

It seems she wants him to forgive HER for something, he has blocked out of his memory. She keeps saying she doesn't deserve to be with him. What on earth did she do that was bad enough for Kouta to block it out, and for her to want his forgiveness that badly? I have an idea or two, but I'd rather hear other opinions first.

Munsu
Fri, 09-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Well it is obvious what she did to kouta... she killed off his whole family... if not at least his sister

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-24-2004, 02:53 PM
I am pretty sure that she killed Kouta's father and sister... well, at least she was involved with it in some way... This show has continually surprised me, so it is possible that what we expect might not actually be the case. What I can remember is that there was supposed to be a train accident.

Yuka, Kouta's cousin, does not remember Lucy but remembers everything else. If that is the case, then Lucy must have made her move after they started to leave, so it might not be a direct assault on Kouta's family.

Munsu
Fri, 09-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Yep... I was thinking something along those lines...

But im pretty sure that when she kills (if she kills) Kouta's sister it will be something more one to one than just simply causing a train crash...

Eurasian
Fri, 09-24-2004, 03:43 PM
i think yuka doesn't remember lucy is probably because she never met her. maybe she did but i would think she would remember. well i think kouta probably saw his father or sister or both die but it was so traumatizing that he probably blocked it from his memories. remember how he said that he doesn't remember that day at the festival very well...maybe that's why. maybe someone already brought that up, but that's just what i think.

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 09-24-2004, 04:34 PM
*****spoilers for ep 9 - but at this part of the thread about 99% of the posts are about the plot anyway, besides, most people have seen it by now i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif********

Again I watched the ep dead late, though I'm kinda glad seeing as the cliffhanger will be resolved sooner (only to bring on another cliffhanger). Its so irritating how it just ends right when something cool is gonna happen i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. As always, I hope Nana doesn't die (it still sounds weird calling a cute anime character that, I know her name is Japanese for 7, but where I live (Manchester, England) 'Nana' is another name for 'Grandmother' i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif).

I liked that episode as it featured little of Yuka who kinda does my head in, the paranoid-schizophrenic-hallucination bit was pretty cool. Some parts of the artwork during Lucy's murderous scenes remind me of Hellsing for some reason...

*********etc**********

One miniscule detail I interested in knowing, how is 'Lied' pronounced? Leed? Lyde/Lied? It usually irritates me when I'm not sure how to pronounce a name... i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Eurasian
Fri, 09-24-2004, 04:44 PM
i pronounce it "leed." well that's just me.

...grandma...hahahaha...yah it would be pretty weird.

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-24-2004, 05:00 PM
The voice over for the previews pronounce it as Leed, but then again, it is a Japanese accent, so I don't really know. I pronounce it both ways, but prefer lyde because of the spelling. Maybe Terra's reference with l33t may have something to do with this...

Actually, Swallow Your Soul, I think most of the Elfen Lied episodes have many interesting parts. They pack so much in each episode, that if it ends at any point in the episodes now, it would be a sort of cliffhanger. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

What I want to know now is what happened to Lucy from the time she was a child to where she is now. From the previews, it looked like they killed another Diclonius that looks similar to Lucy and Nana. I don't know how they are going to pack the rest of the story into the next 3 episodes. *sigh* I want more!!!

Munsu
Fri, 09-24-2004, 05:07 PM
For some reason i thought that the Diclonius that was getting beaten up was Lucy herself... I might be wrong though....

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-24-2004, 05:11 PM
That Diclonius in the preview looked like it was missing a chunk of it's head, so I don't think it was Lucy. I could be wrong myself. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Eurasian
Fri, 09-24-2004, 05:34 PM
i thought it was nana. because nana was also chained there. but then why would it be about nana. ahahaha. then i go w/ it's about lucy. poor lucy, it looked like they were chucking cannonballs at her.

intense
Fri, 09-24-2004, 08:24 PM
wtffff.....?? they're cousins right?!??!... hmmm..... pretty wierd... but in my head, i just dnt consider them to be cousins cuz its just wierd!

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 09-25-2004, 01:30 PM
^^ You mean Kouta and Yuka (I think thats her name...)? Yeah thats quite unpleasant. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I assumed the girl getting the cannonballs thrown at her (or whatever they were) was Nana cos of the hair colour...I'm unsure if that was a giant hole in her head or if it was just a wound that was bleeding heavily, my first impression was that it was a hole though...

Eurasian
Sat, 09-25-2004, 02:00 PM
nana and lucy both have very similar hair color. and they had the same hair cut. they could be twins. j/k

Xollence
Sat, 09-25-2004, 02:14 PM
I really liked episode 9, it explained a lot of what happened in the past and how she knows Kouta. Kouta and his cousin might only be cousins by marriage and not by blood. Hehe so it's all good.

Sensei Jon
Sat, 09-25-2004, 02:39 PM
I am trying to get the episodes of this series since it seems it has everything I might like.i/expressions/devil.gif
Ryllharu said the best group subbing it at the moment is Anime-Fin but when I went to their site and tried to download the torrents it came up as a page full of gibberish. Any other places I could find it by this group?

Munsu
Sat, 09-25-2004, 02:44 PM
http://tracker.anime-fin.net:6969

Sensei Jon
Sat, 09-25-2004, 02:46 PM
That is the one I am trying to use. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Sat, 09-25-2004, 02:47 PM
humm try right-click save as and see if it works

Sensei Jon
Sat, 09-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Yes, it did work. Thank you very much, should have thought about that before.

Munsu
Sat, 09-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Well you should right-click and save as all your torrents to begin with... unless your browser does that automatically... I know mine used to open it directly to the torrent program which is a problem so i always save as

Sensei Jon
Sun, 09-26-2004, 08:47 AM
Well I just watched the first episode and I must admit it was great. I thought it would have had more blood and gore the way everyone was talking about it but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

abunai
Sun, 09-26-2004, 12:03 PM

Originally posted by: theblakeman

how can you be so sure they had it right ?
they having different words is not the problem
the problem is animefin stealing na-yu opening song the latin text .
I read this twice, and I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I scrolled down through the rest of the posts, expecting somebody with a clue to have posted a rebuttal... but nada, zip, zilch, nothing.

I am amazed.

The text is a quotation, boys and girls, from a minor and often-overlooked work of western literature, called The Bible. Specifically, it is the Latin (Vulgate) edition of a passage from James 1. The translation, as given in the King James V edition, is: "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."

It's okay to "steal" quotations from the Bible, folks - that's one of the things that it is good for.

- abunai

Subsequent edit: I notice that the other thread referenced in P-Virus' original post actually makes this clear... which just emphasises the foolishness of accusing anyone of "stealing".

hikaru004
Sun, 09-26-2004, 10:10 PM
I think that one of those girls chained up there could Lucy. It would explain why she's so pissed at everyone. If Nana had the cannonball treatment, then Lucy prob wasn't spared either.

Also, Kouta said that his sister died from an "illness". Do you think that Lucy infected her instead of killing her?

Eurasian
Sun, 09-26-2004, 10:17 PM
maybe kouta couldn't accept that lucy killed his sister so he made up that she died of an illness. but i don't think lucy infected her w/ some kind of disease.

Coolman
Mon, 09-27-2004, 06:34 AM
I'll dl these eventually, is it really THAT bad? When I get back I will... Haha. But if all the hot chicks get mutilated, I will be pissed.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 09-27-2004, 02:23 PM
^^ Depends on what you've seen before, there is worse out there. If you've seen Urotsukidoji or something as extreme as that (and I only saw the censored English version!) then no you won't be too shocked by much of it, but it is very violent and sometimes quite disturbing. Unlike Doji however, Elfen Lied is actually good, its worth the download IMO.

Eurasian
Mon, 09-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Yeah there's a lotta gore (never seen Urotsukidoji so can't compare them) but there's a really good story behind the blood and gore. Like Swallow Your Soul said, it's worth downloading.

All the hot chicks get mutilated?? no, cuz the hot chick is the one doing the mutilating.

shinichi69
Tue, 09-28-2004, 07:01 AM
wow... that sounds kinda cool... so go get it guys!!!