PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:46 PM
...are the fighting clips in the new intro better than the fights in the show itself?

Like how Kabuto fights much more fluidly against Naruto's clones in the intro than when he did it in the show.

And Sasuke slicing his way through those ninjas is some of the best melee combat I've seen in the whole series.

I mean, the ninjutsu's are fine, but why is it that the quality of hand to hand and weapon combat within the show just isn't as good as the stuff in the 2 second clips in the credits?

Tofu #2
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:51 PM
the way some parts aer animated suck yes. they seem to make it look very slow compared to the manga. in ep 95 kabuto could have just kicked naruto in the balls 10 times before he could do the rasengan. the music also doesnt seem to fit right sometimes too.

Mongoose
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Bigger budget?

Rock's fight with Gaara still trumps anything in the intro, though. I do think that Rock's fight and the intro sequence make better use of dramatic camera motion than the recent animations.

complich8
Fri, 08-13-2004, 12:16 AM
remember the first opening sequence, where naruto chains kagebunshin attacks to beat down some big dude? Yeah .... same deal, there was maybe ONE time that he was that "on" in the series, and it was his cleverness in the first part of the fight with gaara. No place else has he had the fluid thing down like that.

Then, the series itself has to balance plot and animation. If it were not built to be manga, it'd probably be more action and move faster, but then it'd also probably have less plot movement.

appelsap
Fri, 08-13-2004, 07:52 AM
maybe it depends on the person(s) who draw the episode, maybe they don't use the same people for every episode

Stoopider
Fri, 08-13-2004, 08:29 AM
I think it's to do with the budget. They can spend some money on quality animation for big fights (Gaara vs.Rock Lee, Hokage vs. Oro) and opening/endings but not every single normal episode. Why do you need quality animation for a talking scene?

kupalmaru
Fri, 08-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
I think it's to do with the budget. They can spend some money on quality animation for big fights (Gaara vs.Rock Lee, Hokage vs. Oro) and opening/endings but not every single normal episode. Why do you need quality animation for a talking scene?

Almost all of talking scene are in good animation. When the fighting scene start the animation change.

Look at the fight of Oro, First, Second and Third, the animation are not good. Their faces don't look nice, their pants look bad.

The Second did some water jutso, the Third did some earth(the wall that he created), and the First did some three. After Enma was summon take a look at the earth wall that The Third made. The earth wall just become a wood that you can buy at your local Home Depot store.

Eps 95-96 animation was not really that great.

Look at the part where Naruto and Jiraya just started their journey. Those are one of the best animation that i ever seen.

The best animation fight that I ever seen is the one with Shino and the puppet guy.

The_Fourth
Sat, 08-14-2004, 07:44 PM
I also think its due t the budget, I kinda think its the same thing as a movie trailer, they make the trailer really cool in order to have more audience, but then again its just me.

Eurasian
Sat, 08-14-2004, 11:21 PM
The intro has to look appealing. they show it at the beginning of every episode, so it just can't be bad.

i seriously don't mind the art. i can't even tell if it's bad animation or not. i think the animators always do a good job w/ the fighting scenes.

SofaKing
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Guys, the intro is short and gets used for somewhere around 30 eps. It's alot easier to but some really good animation in the intro than it is to put it in every episode of the series.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Good looking intro = Attractive looks = More viewers

Quite simple really!

Lefty
Sun, 08-15-2004, 08:19 PM
But don't forget that the ep they every week dosn't even exist as a compleat show until about a day or two before it's supose to air. They have to cut a few corner here and there to make up for time. Also the fluidity comes from motion capture style animation. They has some act out the motion that they want in from of a camera, then just trace over it ever other frame and get that great fluid motion. Down side is it takes for ever to do.

Also they don't use the same studio to do every episode so diffrent key animators are used when they have a huge ep like the Oro/ Hokage fight. There's alot of fast movement going there so the animation will suffer for time sake. Just deal with it. if the animation was flawless for every episode, it would be like a month between ep's.

kooshi
Sun, 08-15-2004, 10:39 PM
To me, it doesn't really matter how fast it's going and such, the fight scenes are good enough. If they were to make the fight scenes all flashy and quick, the show would probably be boring after a while (it's a POSSIBILITY). As Lefty said, "just deal with it."

Shi_No_Shikaku
Mon, 08-16-2004, 01:54 AM
I think that there good for diffrent things.