PDA

View Full Version : Tsunade's Strength

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Before the blasts about 'you stoopid noob' start coming in, please refer to my post count i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

The reason I say this is cos it seems Shodaime Hokage, her grandfather, had the same monstrous strength, and since it's something that can't be copied. Opinions?

NM
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:39 PM
I dont think its a Bloodline Limit. A Bloodline Limit is where a special technique is passed down to each member of a clan. Like the Uchiha's Sharingan or Hyugga's Bkaygun (however you spell that). I think that Tsunade's strength is more into the genetics like with dominant and recessive genes and she happened to most likely had a dominant gene in strength, just like the First Hokage.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Sharingan is not a technique but an ability... just like the Byakugan. You can use the bloodline limit to do use techniques others cant... like the ability to hit tenketsu or the ability to copy jutsu. Remember Haku's flashback when he was a kid? He just freaked out and had ice sticking out all over the house.

DraGunZer0
Thu, 08-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Maybe she just works out a lot? Tsunade > Rock Lee > Gai

NM
Thu, 08-12-2004, 08:25 PM
DB, your right about the Bloodline Limits being abilities. Sorry about that. And also about what you said, the Bloodline Limits give special abilities liking copying others techniques and hitting tenketsu's. Tsunade is very strong but having that kinda strength isnt giving her an ability to do what others cant. For all we know, Itachi could also have that kind of strength and his Bloodline as we all know is his Sharingan.

Mut
Thu, 08-12-2004, 08:37 PM
the answer is no.

kakash11
Thu, 08-12-2004, 08:39 PM
lol mut@t@ i ur gonna get burned by someone.. lol

anyways i agree with whoever said it was probably genetics not a bloodline limit :x

Knives122
Thu, 08-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
the answer is no.

LOFL, man Mut Ive missed your great witty remarks

Eurasian
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:35 PM
i didn't know the 1st hokage had monstrous strength.

yah, i don't think tsunade's strength is a bloodline limit. i think they would've mention it or something.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Mutata says its not and that means it is.

Reverse spoilers and all that.

*nods sagely*

complich8
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:51 PM
I think she's more of one of these: http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/06/23/sci-tech/muscles040623

You think about it .... there are rare people who are naturally massively stronger than everyone else. If a "normal" person with some effort and the right body type become as massive as some of the smaller bodybuilders out there without Vitamin-S *cough*, imagine what someone with twice the natural muscle mass of a normal pers and a predisposition to grow more muscles could do! And then you add in the already abnormal strength and abilities of the naruto world to the mix, and you end up with someone who can pick up a 50 foot tall frog's sword and swing it at you...

in the strictly technical sense, it would be "genetically limited" ... but it's not restricted to just her bloodline. Probably it's just a normal but very rare fluke :-p.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-13-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
DB, your right about the Bloodline Limits being abilities. Sorry about that. And also about what you said, the Bloodline Limits give special abilities liking copying others techniques and hitting tenketsu's. Tsunade is very strong but having that kinda strength isnt giving her an ability to do what others cant. For all we know, Itachi could also have that kind of strength and his Bloodline as we all know is his Sharingan.

True, Itachi could have that as well. But personally, I would think that it is a bloodline limit, since I havn't seen other ninja crack a road with one finger. Gai might come close but I think its pretty clear he just trained like mad like rock lee to get that.

Mut@t@: Saying no is obviously up to you, but that doesn't mean anything since you have offered no evidence to support your opinion.

Eurasian: When the first Hokage was summoned along with the Second by Orochimaru when fighting the thrid, there is a bit where the first is figthing the third hand to hand, and the the third gets hit in the face (when it goes slow-motion) and I think it is after that he says to the first, 'I see you still have your herculean strength' or something like that.

complich8: Her muscle size doesn't seem that different from normal people, infact her arms are not that muscular. As for that boy, one would hope for the sake of those around him that he doesnt turn out to have a short temper as he gets older i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Fri, 08-13-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
Mut@t@: Saying no is obviously up to you, but that doesn't mean anything since you have offered no evidence to support your opinion.

what evidence is there to say otherwise? are there? basing her strength on how a resurrected 1st hokage fought against an old 3rd is probably the weakest support you can come up with for that argument since the 1st was never known for his strength. if she had some kind of bloodline, it would've been suggested during that sannin fight but it didn't. so i'ma stick with my 'no.'

did i really have to explain the obvious

EDIT:

Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
Eurasian: When the first Hokage was summoned along with the Second by Orochimaru when fighting the thrid, there is a bit where the first is figthing the third hand to hand, and the the third gets hit in the face (when it goes slow-motion) and I think it is after that he says to the first, 'I see you still have your herculean strength' or something like that.

if the hokage who created leaf wasn't strong as the 3rd made it out to be, then it'd be a joke. he is a kage, what do you expect of his strength.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-13-2004, 06:37 AM
But he didn't say that to the second Hokage. The one thing that does bother me about it is that if the first had similar strength to Tsunade then he should have knocked out the third from the rooftop... the only reason perhaps is that the resurrected Hokage's were not at full strength?

PSJ
Fri, 08-13-2004, 07:47 AM
what mutata said in his first post..... everything thats diffrent isnt bloodline limits the show will point out the bloodline limits for you so theres no need to ask.

Stoopider
Fri, 08-13-2004, 08:34 AM
It's to do with the enormous breast I tell ya!

Tsunade's bouncy heavy breast swinging add's extra strength to the punch.

It's just like when you punch, if you want to punch hard, you throw your whole body into the punch.

PSJ
Fri, 08-13-2004, 08:39 AM
lol that would mean that if you weight 500 pounds you would punch harder. then boxers should be fat right?

chambers
Fri, 08-13-2004, 08:43 AM
muscle is heavier than fat. therfore if boxers could still move at the same pace and be heavier by being fat they would do. weight is a huge advantage in a physical fight espesially in a boxing match, thats why a lot of the 'less professional' heavy weight boxers ARE fat.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-13-2004, 03:35 PM
Yea but surely getting punched in a fat gut is more painful than getting punched in a six pack....

PSJ
Fri, 08-13-2004, 05:26 PM
what if you got a six pack under the fat gut? wouldnt the fat gut slow down the punch and then the six pack completly stop it so almost no harm would be done. its possible to have muscles under fat.

Krbadass
Fri, 08-13-2004, 06:32 PM
The answer is no.

Hayabusa
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:54 AM
It can't be a bloodline limit. She was just a very strong woman. I'll have to agree with that Mut@t@ person on this one.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Bloodline Limit = Enormous Strength

That formula is false.
First Hokage, Second Hokage, Third Hokage, Fourth Hokage have all possessed mad strength without having such things.
Tsunade is indeed very strong, but she is not stronger than any of the other 2 sannin and they lack blood limits just as much.

Evil Eyes
Sun, 08-15-2004, 04:30 AM
I think by strength people mean her physical strength. I don't think it's a blood limit.
Also, she's by far the most powerful of the sannin, or as a matter of fact of all characters, in terms of physical strength. Jiraiya and Oro own her in all departments except for the physical strength and healing abilities. I bet Jiraiya and Oro don't have enough strength to swing gama-bunta's katana like how tsunade did.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-15-2004, 04:59 AM
Well strength in punching is just another strength department. It would be the same as saying that Gai has a bloodline limit for being so damn fast.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Yea but we know Gai has trained up to that level... can we say that about Tsunade?

And btw I am talking about physical strength.

PSJ
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:22 PM
we dont know about tsunade but according to jiraiya she has been strong ever since they were kids. but its not a bloodline limit thats for sure. its not even a special ability to have muscle strength. peoples bodies work diffrently. some people are naturally weak or slow and some people are naturally fast or strong. tsunade might be an extreme case for the narutal strong type.

jing
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:24 PM
I don't think so.
If it was bloodline limit, her brother Nanaki? would have crazy strength too.
Crazy strength.. you wouldn't die so easily.

CrossPunisher
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah, and if it were a bloodline limit, that would mean the First Hokage would have had it too, and we didnt see him throwing around haymakers in his fight with the Third.

Also, is a physical trait considered a bloodline limit? Usually limits are jutsus.

ZakuHan
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Yes physical traits can be either.. Hense the Sharingan and Byakugan eyes. Or rather it shows physical evidence of HAVING a bloodline.

As to Tsunade's strength I'd have to agree it's just a gene thing passed down from the First to her that she's able to become so strong. Obviously the First was much more physically strong than your average ninja or Sarutobi wouldn't have added that little extra description to how strong he was. Nawaki was just not lucky enough to get that passed down to him i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Shi_No_Shikaku
Mon, 08-16-2004, 02:53 PM
no blood line is invalved

Assertn
Mon, 08-16-2004, 03:15 PM
i love how people seem to think every character has to have a blood limit

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i love how people seem to think every character has to have a blood limit

No shit dude.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 08-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Yea, Nawaki wasn't lucky enuff to get the limit or if he did, he was just genin level, and even if u have a limit it doesn't matter if ur just a genin and if ur fighting a jounin or something. He could have fought someone with long range attacks for example and been owned.

As for her just being an extreme case, I don't think thats true cos being extremely strong means something like being able smash someone's face with a couple of blows, and not being able to crack a street apart with one finger.

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-16-2004, 05:17 PM
I'm quite sure Tsunade just is that strong because the author wants her that way. She is a sannin and one of the few actually strong females in the Naruto world.

As I've said so many times before,

"A bloodline limit is something SPECIAL. If someone in the show has one, you'll find out immeaditely since it's a very unique thing which few people actually have. It's not so simple that every single time someone does something cool they have a bloodline limit."

PSJ
Mon, 08-16-2004, 05:29 PM
this cant really be discussed since she doesnt have a bloodline limit.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 08-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Well I'm prepared to say we can't say for sure she has a bloodline limit. I take on board the fact that it may be more apparant than it is right now if she had a limit, though I still have my reservations.

hydrian
Tue, 08-17-2004, 09:40 AM
Did any of you think that the source of Tsunade's strength is actually a trained technique. She is a medicial ninja so show would have a strong understanding of how the human body functions. She could have trained her muscles to work more efficently and be able focus a small amount of chakra at an unconsious level to give her that strength.

Everon
Tue, 08-17-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure whether you could call it a "bloodline limit". We do know that her grandfather had herculean strength as well, so its possible that she inherited his immense strength. For it to be called a bloodline limit I guess would mean that they have an entire clan of super-human strength ppl - which for we all know does not exist. Why doesn't her brother have this strength? Well its possible that not everyone related to the 1st will inherit it.

Then again she could be "all-natural" and have inherited it through training with her family.
...Thats all that I think we can speculate about right now

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 08-17-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
the answer is no.

LOFL, man Mut Ive missed your great witty remarks

You mean the usual arrogant Mut? Well well.

Stoopider
Tue, 08-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
lol that would mean that if you weight 500 pounds you would punch harder. then boxers should be fat right?

Watched UFC? Watch Tank Abbott. Well, last time anyway. There's this fat guy, who comes in and fights in the UFC, he don't know any fighting style at all, all he just do is rush and punch. Beat lots of big names, and made to the second place for UFC4 I think. He could bench press 500pounds.

Evil Eyes
Tue, 08-17-2004, 05:04 PM
I really dunno where u guys get the idea that the first hokage had the same freakish strength like Tsunade. They never said that in the anime nor did they in the manga. I think most of u r refering to his punch to sarutobi. I think it was one hell of a punch, but if the first had Tsunade's strength and punched the third like her, the third would have been dead by it. The only thing I remember being said about the first is his secret jutsu that grows plants and trees. I don't remember him having Tsunade's freakish physical strength.

PSJ
Tue, 08-17-2004, 05:07 PM
i thought so the didnt mention anything about it...

Kenshiro
Tue, 08-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Watched UFC? Watch Tank Abbott. Well, last time anyway. There's this fat guy, who comes in and fights in the UFC, he don't know any fighting style at all, all he just do is rush and punch. Beat lots of big names, and made to the second place for UFC4 I think. He could bench press 500pounds.[/quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you watch UFC Brazil, where Tank got smacked about by the muscle guy? He only got second place in UFC 4 because he was fighting blind retards.

Anyway, back on topic. Her super strength isnt a bloodline limit. Its the same way that Naruto is bettter at Ninjutsu than at Genjetsu. Some people are better at some stuff than they are at other stuff.

She is just a very strong lady. If she inherited that from her grandpops then so what. Sasuke inherited his black hair from his father and mother, but I wouldnt call having black hair a bloodline limit.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 08-18-2004, 07:41 AM
Yea but you can't kill someone with black hair

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Yes you can, if it's really long... and you... ehh... make... the foe... suffocate.

Or if your name is Millia Rage. (5 points if you get the reference!)

Uukog42
Wed, 08-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Or if your name is Millia Rage. (5 points if you get the reference!)Millia Rage from Guilty Gear...

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 10:03 AM
AND UUKOG 42 IS THE 59319 MILLION DOLLAR WINNER!

join us next time on... HAIR... KILLS!

Inazuma Kami
Wed, 08-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Remember Lee's Renge (Lotus) ?
Remember the 8 inner locks ?

Maybe Tsunade can keep The first one open to increase her strength?
But it's not a bloodline Limit

Assertn
Wed, 08-18-2004, 10:43 AM
no no.....its because she's always training with 2 huge weights hanging from her chest i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Stoopider
Wed, 08-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by: Kenshiro
Watched UFC? Watch Tank Abbott. Well, last time anyway. There's this fat guy, who comes in and fights in the UFC, he don't know any fighting style at all, all he just do is rush and punch. Beat lots of big names, and made to the second place for UFC4 I think. He could bench press 500pounds.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/quote]

Yeah. Now everything's mixed martial arts.
- End of Sidetrack-

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Guys please stay on the topic. If anyone of you has forgotten what it is, it's "The wrongful theory of Tsunade having a bloodline limit".

DB_Hunter
Wed, 08-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Tsk Tsk... such petty hand bagging.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:25 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 08-19-2004, 05:54 PM
It's not a stretch at all to say that Tsunade's amazing strenght is a bloodline limit at all. Just cuz her other family members might not have had it, doesn't mean that it's not a bloodline limit. The Sharingan doesn't appear in every Uchiha, but it's still a bloodline limit. Also, like the Sharingan, it's a trait that results from the genetic make up (from what I can gather, she's always been this strong, it's not something she acquired through training). Granted it's different than the chakra using limits like the doujutsu and haku's water control, but who says all bloodline limits have to be of that kind? In fact, I remember an episode where they described bloodline limits as traits that appear in people whose bodies are superior to mosts for some reason or another. I bet if Tsunade were to procreate and the people who could trace their ancestry back to her were to form a village, AND that strenght was found only in those decendants, the strenght would be considered an "official" bloodline limit.

Edit to below: Sure looks like it.

Inazuma Kami
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Byakugan appears in every Hyuuga ..... ?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Apparantly though the Sharingan doesn't appear in every Uchiha.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 08-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by: hydrian
Did any of you think that the source of Tsunade's strength is actually a trained technique. She is a medicial ninja so show would have a strong understanding of how the human body functions. She could have trained her muscles to work more efficently and be able focus a small amount of chakra at an unconsious level to give her that strength.

I just read through this entire topic and finally i found someone who gets the same idea as me. I agree with hydrian, I think it is a technique she uses to enhance her strength. Proof shows while shes beating the hell out of oro. For a second she stops and it shows her muscle fibers start to cramp up after using the enormous strength for so long. I don't think all of her strength comes from this but just the amount to easily swing Gamabunta's knife.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Sorry a bit off topic but since you mentioned Gamabunta's sword, when Tsunade stabbed Manda with it no blood came out... and Manda was just like, ah what the hell I'll just lie her in not a really high level of pain... don't snake's have blood/feeling in their snouts?

Kenshiro
Fri, 08-20-2004, 09:15 AM
In that bit when Tsunade stopped beating up Oro for a second before starting again, she did that thing that Kakashi did when climbing the mountain with one hand.

I mean that thing where the camera goes a bit funny.

Does anyone think that is when they are opening the 1st gate, or just them concentrating extra hard so that they can get a bit more power.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Possibly the animator is drunk?

Inazuma Kami
Sun, 08-22-2004, 04:48 PM
The Answer is NO, so I will Mutata's Hijutsu : Close Topic no Jutsu ?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 08-22-2004, 06:48 PM
No the animator is not drunk? That's the only thing you could possibly say no to without using any evidence...

Inazuma Kami
Mon, 08-23-2004, 05:36 AM
Lol . NO ,Tsunade Strenght isn't a bloodline limit .

About the animator I dunno. I leave this case to you.
(Tajuu Sake no Jutsu ?)

kuro
Tue, 08-24-2004, 08:34 PM
why cant ppl just accept that tsunade is just strong? her strength doesn't come from any special bloodlimit but from hard training. really its not nessacary to drag this out any longer

DB_Hunter
Wed, 08-25-2004, 12:21 AM
lol last time I checked this subject was dying... you brought back to life. Anyway if you don't think she has abloodline limit, that's your opinion. If I think there is a possibility that she does, well then that's my opinion. What's there to get worked up over?