PDA

View Full Version : What the.. Kabuto? (Episode 94)

Unknown2
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:18 PM
So Naruto took a hit so he could grab Kabuto's arm. Uh, Kabuto? Use your other arm, one of your legs, or all of them. You're stronger than that and you showed that earlier. Did Naruto scare you so bad you couldn't move? I'm a Naruto fan and everything but Naruto just appears to be invincible and Kabuto should have easily been able to take him out compared to all the stunts he pulled within the last couple episodes. I know it's an anime but at least be convincing.. Any opinions on this?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:25 PM
You know what.... the writers just goofed that one... unless someone has a reason as to why a bad ass jounin level (i.e. Kakashi level) ninja could just slap Naruto around the head with his free hand.

DraGunZer0
Thu, 08-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Well... maybe you should just wait for the next ep ::HINT HINT::

kooshi
Thu, 08-12-2004, 08:18 PM
The thing is, anime does not care for time. Like... it doesn't matter how long a scene is, it can actually take like 3 seconds in reality.

Ex.1. When Kakashi does a thousand years of pain on Naruto, it took a while for him to do so since Sakura and Sasuke were giving their inputs on the move.

Ex.2. When Sakura cut her hair during the Chuunin exam, she was thinking how weak she actually was and decides to be more like Naruto, Sasuke, and Lee, all while her head protector was falling to the ground.

Soooooooooooooooo, in this situation, Naruto grabs the kunai, quickly has the shadow replication create the rasengan, and shoves it to Kabuto's stomach. That's my interpretation.

LaZie
Thu, 08-12-2004, 09:32 PM
also, kabuto couldn't use his other arm bcuz it got injured

wirm
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:09 PM
I believe Kabuto was using his injured hand to stab, but I'm not sure.

Also, Kabuto was awfully sneaky in his confrontation with Kakashi earlier (activating dead bodies and such). I find it hard to believe that he's going to go head-on against a move he doesn't understand.

Anyway, I get the feeling that's not enough to stop him. Rasengan doesn't seem like a kill move anyway.

Eurasian
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by: wirm
Anyway, I get the feeling that's not enough to stop him. Rasengan doesn't seem like a kill move anyway.

yah, but i'm sure it'll hurt like hell.

maybe kabuto was shocked at what naruto was doing that he didn't move. or he's just pretty confident about himself. that cocky bastard!

Unknown2
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:24 PM
I like DraGunZer0's answer and kooshi's was okay. Thing that makes me rethink that is that when he does that skill everytime, is time really slowing down? Just watching it over with all the reactions and everyone's thoughts on Naruto doing that skill.. Just doesn't convince me enough I guess. Also, LaZyKiD: How did he hurt his arm? My memory might be a bit fuzzy but all I remember is him cutting his right hand, the hand Naruto got a hold of.. Anyway. Thanks for the opinions and more are welcome!

Unknown2
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:28 PM
maybe kabuto was shocked at what naruto was doing that he didn't move.

Well, as I said. I wouldn't believe someone like Kabuto would be scared stiff of Naruto pulling something like that off based on how he handled everything else in the previous episodes. Oh well. Who knows.. Maybe we'll have to wait and see.

complich8
Fri, 08-13-2004, 12:12 AM
"rasengan doesn't seem like a kill move" ????

Errm .... bit of a spoiler but .... Kabuto just barely survives it, because he's like uber-elite. If that had connected against someone who wasn't able to block a good part of the damage with raw chakra and the heal most of the rest of the damage, yeah, it would be a kill move.

Even then, as it's connecting kabuto still manages to pretty badly injure naruto though ... so it must be a moment dilation thing ... where the narutos actually make rasengan in like a fraction of a second and smack kabuto with it while he's still surprised that he got stopped that way.

I don't like how that sequence gets animated though. I'd have preferred for the whole "make rasengan" to start quicker after the hand-stabbing and hand-grabbing bit. So it didn't seem like they stood there for half a minute. There's plenty of time to say "it connected!" or "shit" or whatever after the fact ... but I guess they did it the way they did it to increase the dramatic sense of the moment. Naruto's little "cat-paw grabbing" method is a bit antithetical to that though ... we can only hope he _actually_ masters the move in the near future so he can use it in real combat effectively. Jiraiya can fire up a full-blown rasengan one-handed, in pretty much no time flat.

For naruto rasengan right now is a wrecking ball: big and destructive, but pretty easy to get out of the way of. He needs to make it more of a bazooka ... big and destructive, but also faster than you can keep track of.

wirm
Fri, 08-13-2004, 03:38 PM
You know complich8, you really should have put spoiler tags around that. Either that or added a couple paragraphs before spoiling.

In any case, I didn't actually read your spoiler, so it's all good i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

The reason I don't think rasengan is a kill move is because so far it seems more like pushing than punching through. When Jiraiya demonstrated on the "legendary dark ninja" (hahaha) it just pushed him away. I know he softened it up a lot, but still.

And when he demonstrated against the tree, it seemed like he was pushing pretty hard to make that little hole.

On the other hand, I know chidori is a kill move because it punches holes in anything it touches. Note in ep 66-67 when sasuke just drew his hand back and dug a trench in the ground where he was standing.
I'm not trying to start the whole rasengan vs chidori debate over again, I'm just explaining why I think ransengan is more of a stun or knock-back move.

dragon
Fri, 08-13-2004, 04:51 PM
spoiler tags?....chidori v rasengan = rasengam win chidori run out of chakra

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Well look at it like this a genin level rasengan almost permanantly damaged an elite jounin level ninja. Even then Kabuto only survived because regenerated is one of his special abilities.

Hmm.. I wonder if Kakashi could copy that...

Imagine Jiraiya or Yondaime using the Rasengan without holding back like Jiraiya did when he showed it to Naruto for the first time...

SeifeR
Sat, 08-14-2004, 03:42 AM
ya that was wack, i thought kabuto woulda just kicked naruto in the face or something.

but that rasengan was crazy, it destroyed kabuto

kupalmaru
Sat, 08-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by: Unknown2
So Naruto took a hit so he could grab Kabuto's arm. Uh, Kabuto? Use your other arm, one of your legs, or all of them. You're stronger than that and you showed that earlier. Did Naruto scare you so bad you couldn't move? I'm a Naruto fan and everything but Naruto just appears to be invincible and Kabuto should have easily been able to take him out compared to all the stunts he pulled within the last couple episodes. I know it's an anime but at least be convincing.. Any opinions on this?

I have an opinion.

Anime haven called ep 94 "The Fury of Rasengan". I was really excited to see ep 94. After watching ep 94, I told my self, where the f__k is the fury of Rasengan. Where in the f___ing ep they show the fury. Then it all come to me. After a lot of thinking I saw where is the f___ing fury is.

They are in timeline 20:18 - 20:48 of ep 94 ver 2 by anime haven.

Kabuto become like that becuase of The Fury of Rasengan.

Sorry for the offensive word that I use. I think ep 94 was the suckest episode that I ever scene.

Edit: By the way I already seen ep 95

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 08-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru

Originally posted by: Unknown2

I have an opinion.

Anime haven called ep 94 "The Fury of Rasengan". I was really excited to see ep 94. After watching ep 94, I told my self, where the f__k is the fury of Rasengan. Where in the f___ing ep they show the fury. Then it all come to me. After a lot of thinking I saw where is the f___ing fury is.

They are in timeline 20:18 - 20:48 of ep 94 ver 2 by anime haven.

Kabuto become like that becuase of The Fury of Rasengan.

Sorry for the offensive word that I use. I think ep 94 was the suckest episode that I ever scene.

Edit: By the way I already seen ep 95

ok first of all work on your spelling it's horrible, second that ep didn't suckit sucked that they cut the ep off at the good part but that's what you get for watching the anime and not reading the manga

kupalmaru
Sat, 08-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz

ok first of all work on your spelling it's horrible, second that ep didn't suckit sucked that they cut the ep off at the good part but that's what you get for watching the anime and not reading the manga

This is a Naruto forum for the anime, not manga.

I have seen ep 95

************************spoiler from ep 95********************************

The first part of ep 95 show us the fury of rasengan. For me they should have included that part on episode 94.

They called ep 94, " Take it, The Fury of Rasengan". Did Kabuto recieved the fury from rasengan? The answer is no.

The only fury that Kabuto recieved is the fury from Naruto.

Sorry about the spelling.

Everon
Sat, 08-14-2004, 09:18 PM
^^ Not sure what your talking about, but sure...Kabuto only recieved the fury from Naruto, and not rasengan...whatever >_>

I thought it was the animators that screwed up that scene with the Rasengan. The concept of time isn't really that important when your reading the manga. (If i remember correctly the manga used a total of three panels, so it seemed pretty quick) But the anime took too long with the scene and it makes it seem like Kabuto could of smacked Naruto about a million times before he had powered up.

Edit: I've decided not to blame the animators, just the fact that every episode they have to fill 20 minutes.

Eurasian
Sat, 08-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru
The first part of ep 95 show us the fury of rasengan. For me they should have included that part on episode 94.
i totally agree. y didn't they?? i guess they wanted that cliffhanger mood. it shouldn't be called the "fury of the rasengan" if they didn't have that part.

i agree that it took too long for the animation. everything was suppose to be really fast. maybe it's slow for the dramatic effect. but ppl just took it the wrong way. of course, when i watched it, i never think too much like "kabuto can kick naruto ass within that time."

Knavish
Sat, 08-14-2004, 11:46 PM
You people are missing the point. The idea was that Naruto triumphed over Kabuto!

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 08-15-2004, 10:16 AM
i agree with the time theory. in anime that scene might just be a split second and during that split second Kabuto was stun.

look at dragon ball. they mention days but the fight goes on for months.

PSJ
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:10 AM
its a time issue. they let it take some time just to make it more dramatic. and also to the one that said rasengan doesnt seem like a killer move. what have you been watching. of course it is meant for killing. its just that naruto hasnt mastered it yet he cant maintain the spherical shape for long so his rasengan doesnt kill.

SofaKing
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by: wirm
I believe Kabuto was using his injured hand to stab, but I'm not sure.

Also, Kabuto was awfully sneaky in his confrontation with Kakashi earlier (activating dead bodies and such). I find it hard to believe that he's going to go head-on against a move he doesn't understand.

I have to say that it is. Kabuto was WAY above Naruto's level, and it still took him down. Sasuke's Chidori didn't kill Gaara, but we know that it's a 'kill move'.

animeniac
Sun, 08-15-2004, 05:28 PM
I think the scene actually was only a split second, but they showed it like that to make it more dramatic.

About the rasengan not being a kill move?? It took 3 years for Yondaime to master it and if him or Jiraiya used it fully it could easily be a massive kill move. Like complich8 said, it owned kabuto and naruto still has to work out the wrinkles

kooshi
Sun, 08-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Also look at the damage Jiraiya did when he used it on that rock ninja guy. He was laughing how he didn't use a lot of power, yet he knocked the guy out.

Karasu
Mon, 08-16-2004, 03:23 AM
The chances of Naruto being able to master Rasengan to 100% of its potential isnt that belivable. So if it was done by someone like Jiraya who master it 100% Im pretty sure it's a killing move. it's not like chidori who is cutting like. Rasengan can be used in a lower potential and still shake an opponent up pretty good, aswell as fuck them up totaly I belive.

PSJ
Mon, 08-16-2004, 08:05 AM
naruto will master the rasengan eventually but it took 4th 3 years to master it completly so it will take naruto probably more time to do so.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Also, thats just what he could do with Rasengan powered by his own normal chakra.

Imagine the destructive power a Rasengan made with the Fox's chakra!

Souryusen
Mon, 08-16-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Also, thats just what he could do with Rasengan powered by his own normal chakra.

Imagine the destructive power a Rasengan made with the Fox's chakra!

Assuming, of course, that Naruto was able to hold a rasengan together with that much power pulsing through it... that could take some doing.

kAi
Wed, 08-18-2004, 09:52 AM
when you see Jiraiya using the rasengan...he isnt using it to kill anyone
he was demonstrating to naruto what the new technique that he was learning

and with Jiraiya using it on the tree he was pushing the rasengan slowly into the tree to show naruto what the rasengan does, and to show naruto what it looks like...

Naruto doesnt even understand the full capabilities of the rasengan...

isnt the rasengan a chakra bullet? and when a exploding bullet hits a human!

and i also dont think it will take naruto 3 years to learn i think much shorter than that.

Inazuma Kami
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:12 PM
Why Kabuto was Stunt :
-Blood loss
-Pain in his hand
-Surprised by Naruto's Determination
-Tsunade Nerv attack

All of that factors stunt Kabuto for at least 1.5Sec so ....

Imagine the destructive power a Rasengan made with the Fox's chakra

Maybe Equal to Shikaku's Air Compressed Chakra Ball ?

PSJ
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
when you see Jiraiya using the rasengan...he isnt using it to kill anyone
he was demonstrating to naruto what the new technique that he was learning

and with Jiraiya using it on the tree he was pushing the rasengan slowly into the tree to show naruto what the rasengan does, and to show naruto what it looks like...

Naruto doesnt even understand the full capabilities of the rasengan...

isnt the rasengan a chakra bullet? and when a exploding bullet hits a human!

and i also dont think it will take naruto 3 years to learn i think much shorter than that.

naruto has already learnt the rasengan. like the old saying says "it may take a minute to learn but it takes a lifetime to master." naruto learned the move in a week but will take probably 2 - 5 years to master it.