PDA

View Full Version : Important News regarding Naruto! Please read.

Ciber
Thu, 08-12-2004, 03:55 PM
The Joint between AnimeOne and Anbudom has been terminated because of Irreconcilable Differences.

AnimeOne will continue doing Naruto on its own from now on. Expect 95-96 to be out soon.

Don't ask us what the specific reasons were, we won't disclose them in order to keep things civil.

We don't know what Anbu plans to do.

I made this thread so you can discuss this without making a million threads about.

Keep it civil!

Mut
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:03 PM
this is quite the news indeed. kinda unexpected and random. =/

mdclips
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:03 PM
I hope it will make naruto come out faster but it also might come out slower

frexeze
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:06 PM
too bad.. hopefully this wont affect the anime

SenninJimmy
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I hope the anime won't come out any slower. I'm already having a hard time waiting for the current Narutos to be subbed.

kooshi
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Whoa, jeez, they split up. That's big news. Heh, hope that doesn't affect the release date speed.

mdclips
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:29 PM
I just hope its good for gotwoot. Like get back to the 80,000 downloads per episode.

Goingin
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Wow, that came out of nowhere...
But still great AonE keeps subbing it

*thumbs up*

TheEvil1
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by: SenninJimmy
Yeah, I hope the anime won't come out any slower. I'm already having a hard time waiting for the current Narutos to be subbed.

yea hopefully it wont, you could just always jump toa diff sub group, AH has them out really fast, and if quality and speed suffers i might jump ship

thundrakkon
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Wow, I can't to see what the subs will look like. If it's the same, then great. If it's different, I'll look forward to seeing what changes you make. All in all, I think AOnE subs are great in the other series.

CrossPunisher
Thu, 08-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Well, if you ever went to the anbu site, you'd see how they dont hide the fact that most of the people there dont like Naruto (whether it be the show or cause of the fans who watch it). If Aone starts slowing down......well theres not a whole lot to do about it so all I plan to do is sit and wait for them. For that kind of quality (as well as for being free) waiting on my part is the least I can do. Go Aone!

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Splitting after that many episodes is kinda like having a divorce with your old hag of a wife. It's pretty sad. Well, good luck to AonE in the future. Theirs are always the episodes I end up saving. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

XwingRob
Thu, 08-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Wow, this is suprising...oh well.

Assertn
Thu, 08-12-2004, 06:35 PM
kinda ironic how the one named "anbu" stopped subbing naruto

NM
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Well, as long as AnimeOne keeps subbing it, its all good. And Assertn, you got a point there.

ZakuHan
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Wow, finally the forums are back up i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif But sad news to hear.. I too am curious how this will affect the anime(s) released here.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:28 PM
You know... I thought that the translation was a it iffy... this might be a sign for me to jump ship to Shin-Otaku for quality eps....

Unless ofcourse the original crew Toriyama World come out of nowhere again.

Ciber
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
You know... I thought that the translation was a it iffy... this might be a sign for me to jump ship to Shin-Otaku for quality eps....

Unless ofcourse the original crew Toriyama World come out of nowhere again.

All the Naruto episodes up to 94 were translated by Crustol.

Naruto 95-96 will be the first episode to use translations from a different translator, which will be one of our own.

DraGunZer0
Thu, 08-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by: CrossPunisher
Well, if you ever went to the anbu site, you'd see how they dont hide the fact that most of the people there dont like Naruto (whether it be the show or cause of the fans who watch it). If Aone starts slowing down......well theres not a whole lot to do about it so all I plan to do is sit and wait for them. For that kind of quality (as well as for being free) waiting on my part is the least I can do. Go Aone!

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Depressing news... oh well... GO AONE! Gambate! Also, I wonder if we are getting a less "kid" version translation now... I dunno if its just me... but in many many many many other anime subs they would use shit, but in ANBU Aone subs for Naruto, it was replaced with damn. (Can't spell out the word but some people know what I'm talking about.) Either way, as long as Naruto subs are high quality and some what quick, i'm happy. ^_^

Koyuki
Thu, 08-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Sad news. But it wasn't enteirly unexpected. I kinda knew that Anbu would stop.
Sad they did but, they were nice. They did it for free. It's good to see that Aone will continue.

I wonderd if you could change the jutsu name to japanese and have info on top. That would be nice.
Maybe we should have a pool before the final decision

ilabb
Thu, 08-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by: DraGunZer0

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Depressing news... oh well... GO AONE! Gambate! Also, I wonder if we are getting a less "kid" version translation now... I dunno if its just me... but in many many many many other anime subs they would use shit, but in ANBU Aone subs for Naruto, it was replaced with damn. (Can't spell out the word but some people know what I'm talking about.) Either way, as long as Naruto subs are high quality and some what quick, i'm happy. ^_^

I think you mean "Kuso"

I guess it's just a general word you say when you're stressed or whatnot, I don't know if it has a direct translation or not....

Anyhow, wasn't there a big thing about anbu/aone splitting up before? Is it for sure it's official this time?

phreakatron
Thu, 08-12-2004, 08:31 PM
I must admit I am happy about a new translator. 94 was the first time I deleted an A/A sub for a S-O to keep, and I hope it was the last. AonE has my support, always have. Usually if they pick up a new show I watch it.

Good luck to AonE here.

Japanese jutsu names and whatnot would be really great. I really prefer reading kage bunshin no jutsu.

Deblas
Thu, 08-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Anbu and Aone splitting. I really never thought that would happen. I just hope the quality will stay the same.

joker-kun
Thu, 08-12-2004, 09:56 PM
I am glad it happened. Maybe people wll start appreciating gotwoot more, since all aone fans that use bt will be focused here now. Besides, animeone is good enough to pull their own weight, it isn't like they need anbudom.

Anbudom prolly thought they could do it quicker without aone, by the looks from what kara-kun said on irc:

( +kara-kun ) and i used it in terms of the relationship of ben affleck and jlo
( +kara-kun ) they were having a great relationship
( +kara-kun ) but... in bed
( +kara-kun ) ben was just getting slower
( +kara-kun ) and slower and slower
( +kara-kun ) so.. jlo, being the whore she is
( +kara-kun ) decided to kick him out
( +kara-kun ) and just do it to herself
( +kara-kun ) since shes faster on her own
( +kara-kun ) anbu is jlo

that was supposedly meant in reference of the Naruto split between them, dunno if it means anything...

rdperalta
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Oh well.. it was fun while it lasted. Im just glad that Aone will still continue subbing it. Go Aone

Eurasian
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:16 PM
In reference to what joker-kun post of kara-kun's message, does that mean anbu will sub naruto??? i don't get it. this was really unexpected. is this why the site was down? probably not...but i miss posting here.

i'm glad to hear that Aone will still sub naruto. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

phreakatron, why did u delete 94? were the translations bad? i dl it but i didn't watch it so i don't know...i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
even if i didn, i wouldn't know. i don't understand japanese that well.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:32 PM
I happen to notice that the last episode A&A released contained swears in it for the first time I can remember.

That doesn't bother me at all, I'm all for including a swear if it happens to be the more accurate translation.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

lasaire
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Best of luck to the AonE guys, I know that you'll do a good job even if the workload is harder! Ganbatte!

Masamune
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:03 PM

and u go to AonE's mirc channel u'll see that even some of the members on the team hate naruto so much that they wished anbu continued and AonE didnt

CapsuleCorpJX
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:08 PM

Are you freaking serious??

How the hell can you
1) Not like Naruto and be an anime fan.
2) Call your subbing group ANBU when you don't like Naruto!!!

kage_bunshin
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Oh well. As long as AonE releases, i'll be fine.

complich8
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX
Are you freaking serious??

How the hell can you
1) Not like Naruto and be an anime fan.
2) Call your subbing group ANBU when you don't like Naruto!!!

1: You can like anime but not anime of the shounen genres (ie: action, action/adventure, fantasy action-adventure). I know a lot of shoujo fans.
2: You wouldn't NAME your group that, but how many people in ANBU do you think were there when it was named that are still there? You can join a group without knowing the source of its name because you like other projects... it's just that the people who founded/named the group DO necessarily like it.

Arcn3ss
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:44 PM
I've always been a big fan of Aone, thus I will continue to download their releases as I normally would. Now and forever ( Or until they stop..btw dont stop! You Guys F*ing own!)

Long Live Aone =D

Assassin
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:45 PM
well the full name is anbudom. and i think the group was tehre before naruto started wasnt' it?

meh, either way. too bad about them spliting up, but this kinda stuff happens. so long as teh eps keep comming, im happy.

btw, ciber, u said the translation would now be done by one of our own? care to expand on that?

complich8
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:54 PM
translation and some editing were provided by ANBU in the joint. Timing, typesetting, encoding, qc (and usually a large amount of editing) came from AnimeOne, as was raw hunting.

So with the same crew (though slightly juggled), the only real new point in the whole process is the translator.

oh yeah ... and the group's name is ANBU, the channel name is anbudom. if I remember correctly, the "dom" is for "download only members" -- in other words it's their leech channel.

They predate the anime, but not the manga.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:54 PM
wow i can finally get on the forums and read this T.T ..but, as long as Naruto is done, that's cool, know they can do it ^_^

PrinceMarth
Fri, 08-13-2004, 02:53 AM
There's one VERY good thing about this. When Naruto becomes liscensed, AonE will keep subbing like nothing is wrong, while if ANBU was still with them there could be a problem. This way, there won't be much of a difference at all whenever liscensing comes around.

It sucks that we're losing our translator, but AonE can handle it alone, and quite possibly make some improvements as well.

s206
Fri, 08-13-2004, 05:24 AM
ANBU didnt annouce that they were dropping Naruto. I would rather get ANBU's since their translation is better than all. Thats my opinion.

?igma
Fri, 08-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by: Goingin
Wow, that came out of nowhere...
But still great AonE keeps subbing it

*thumbs up*

actually, it probably came from somewhere...

I figured it already after Ciber got totally pissed off about my comment on the "being slow and all"

shadowmantis
Fri, 08-13-2004, 07:07 AM
they made a cute couple, but i for one am glad aone got rid of anbu. oh how i longed for this day

itachi_
Fri, 08-13-2004, 07:13 AM
Geeze. I wonder what translator they'll use.. imo crustol ruuulez!

PSJ
Fri, 08-13-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by: mdclips
I hope it will make naruto come out faster but it also might come out slower

i just hope it will hold the same quality as before, but im confident that animeone can do it.

tom6173
Fri, 08-13-2004, 07:58 AM
hi
can someone please tell me what is the new translator and also editor?
i hope it's kurenai-x.

p/s: so i guess samurai 7 will be subbed by animeone only since crustol and torgan are from anbu....no offence

Assertn
Fri, 08-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
I happen to notice that the last episode A&A released contained swears in it for the first time I can remember.

That doesn't bother me at all, I'm all for including a swear if it happens to be the more accurate translation.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

i seem to remember a certain zaku in a certain A/A sub that told a certain chouji to go jack off in the woods i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

mdclips
Fri, 08-13-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm waiting to c the translation cuz crustol did all the translation and he was w anbu so we are gonna new translation on episode 97 i'm waiting to c the new translation

tensai
Fri, 08-13-2004, 03:16 PM
this is really big news. hearing that a lot of people at ANBUdom hates naruto (or something like that)
swearing is fine with me too, if it is the original meaning of the word or a slight variation

i think itll be the same quality because aone was the encoder right?
anbu mostly did the translations

ill keep dling animeones stuff anyways

NL|MegaMika
Fri, 08-13-2004, 03:20 PM
in many many many many other anime subs they would use shit, but in ANBU Aone subs for Naruto, it was replaced with damn.

That's a good thing, I hate the 'American' words like 'shit', 'f**k' etc.

I don't know much about what ANBU did, but I hope AnimeOne will still translate Japanese signs on the background, like the one 'the use of ninja techniques is prohibited' during the training sessions.

I also hope the new translator will place names of techniques in Japanese, so Kuchiyose no Jutsu instead of Summoning Technique. For the first time that is, so I know how to say the techniques name. And please, Please, PLEASE get rid of that Perverted Hermit stuff, Ero-Sennin is his nickname given to him by Naruto, so just call him that ^_^.

Final thing: please do not translate English to English. The translation of 'Yo!' to 'What's up?' in episode 94 (Gamakichi's sentence when he was summoned by Jiraiya) didn't make any sense at all.

Well, good luck to AnimeOne, prove again that you stand for the best of the best quality and take your time subing them (hopefully not that much time as TW does : P)

PVVictor
Fri, 08-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Yo

I agree it's sad. And I also agree that we can be thankful because Aone does not quit. If there is changes in the future episodes, I hope they will be positive (for example, they could write the japanese techniques names. They should poll the fan in order to know wich way they like best!)

PVVictor

SpankyDaM
Fri, 08-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Would just like to say a big thanks to all the ANBU team that worked on the subbing of Naruto, while I'm sad that the partnership is dissolved I think we ought to give credit to them for the hard work they put in.

And also thanks to AonE for continuing to provide me with my weekly 'fix'. Here's to a great future

s206
Fri, 08-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by: tom6173

p/s: so i guess samurai 7 will be subbed by animeone only since crustol and torgan are from anbu....no offence

Animeone not doing samurai 7. Its Anbu and a-keep thats doing s7. Also you make its like anbu is over which they are not.

s206
Fri, 08-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by: SpankyDaM
Would just like to say a big thanks to all the ANBU team that worked on the subbing of Naruto, while I'm sad that the partnership is dissolved I think we ought to give credit to them for the hard work they put in.

Anbu didnt annouce that they were dropping Naruto. I think they will still do it for sure.

Kumiriko
Fri, 08-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by: s206

Originally posted by: SpankyDaM

Anbu didnt annouce that they were dropping Naruto. I think they will still do it for sure.

Oh my. For the Loyal Fans of AonE/Anbu subs. it is going to be a hard call whos to get if they both continue subbing.

Munsu
Fri, 08-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by: complich8
name is ANBU, the channel name is anbudom. if I remember correctly, the "dom" is for "download only members" -- in other words it's their leech channel.

Well doesnt the group's ANBU is short for "Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai"? so it may not have nothing to do with Naruto... although i dont know what "Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai" actually means

SeifeR
Sat, 08-14-2004, 03:41 AM
wonder what the new subs will be like

Munsu
Sat, 08-14-2004, 04:12 AM
probably the same since the editing and qc teams are basically the same... as mentioned before most of the work was done by aone anyways

Kakafosha
Sat, 08-14-2004, 04:47 AM
as long as 95-96 doesnt take a week to become available im cool with that. i dont really want to switch to a new sub group, i've tried others and i really havent been impressed with their translations/quality (and yes the little things always matter). lets just hope the new translator will do a fine ass job with future eps.

Elessar
Sat, 08-14-2004, 06:12 AM
@Budweineken: it means "Special Assassination and Tactics Unit". ANBU is just the abbreviation. Compare it to SWAT in the US and the term is Naruto-related (don't think it existed prior to the Naruto Manga).

Complich8 is once again correct with the 'dom' suffix in 'anbudom'.

At whoever said sth about the 'yo' in 94. Not everything you know from english has to be english. Crustol is one of the best translators out there, so pay respect where it is due.

It really really pisses me off to read here things like "it was time for AonE to get rid of ANBU". Guess you are not that long into watching Naruto or fansubs in general. You haven't experienced the times when ANBU-AonE had the new Naruto releases wednesday night. They worked like morons, just for the crowds out there to watch the translation sometimes before the first raw-torrent was posted.
It wasn't appreciated (and with the help of a little power outtake), things returned to normal. They provided you with 94 episodes of high quality fansubs, now they decided to follow different ways *in a civil manner* and the statement above is all you have to say?
Go straight into the corner and shame yourself till the end of the world is near.

So, well, famous last words:
Thanks ANBU for the last 94 episodes of Naruto, doing what your group is famous for [4 n00b: translation in joints] and providing us with top-notch translation. hontou ni domo arigatou gozaimashita.
Thanks AonE for the last 94 episodes of Naruto, providing us with an (in the long term) unmatched overall fansub experience due to superior encodes, styling and special effects. anatatachi mo hontou ni domo arigatou gozaimashita.

For the future, AonE already announced they will continue, ANBU didn't explicitly deny it. I would be glad to see both of you continueing the series. And if it is only to shut the retard's mouths and make them stop saying one group got rid of another. A joint will only work if both parties think they profit from it. You had the guts to recognize this time was over and to draw the conclusion. Respect.

ExTREm-San
Sat, 08-14-2004, 07:52 AM
If ANBU continues to sub Naruto without AonE I'll stay with AonE since i like all there releases. Yepp, Crustol is the best translator. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

phreakatron
Sat, 08-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
phreakatron, why did u delete 94? were the translations bad? i dl it but i didn't watch it so i don't know...
even if i didn, i wouldn't know. i don't understand japanese that well.

If I remember correctly there was no difference defined when Jiraiya was explaining the difference in a Ninja and a Shinobi. That it just said ninja the whole time. That and I was a bit thrown off by the first ever use of a curse word. That didn't really bother me though. Just the ninja/shinobi thing.

mdclips
Sat, 08-14-2004, 08:23 PM
This is a direct quote from ANBUdom.net

"We know how people love to get online, let's say on a Friday, and expect to see "Naruto episode xx released". We want people to say, "Hey, it's Friday! I need to go get Naruto now!" This is our goal."

If they keep this goal ill switch to ANBU if they dont Aone. It very interesting what Anbu had to say about Aone/Anbu go read it at www.anbudom.net

mdclips
Sat, 08-14-2004, 08:23 PM
This is a direct quote from ANBUdom.net

"We know how people love to get online, let's say on a Friday, and expect to see "Naruto episode xx released". We want people to say, "Hey, it's Friday! I need to go get Naruto now!" This is our goal."

If they keep this goal ill switch to ANBU if they dont Aone. It very interesting what Anbu had to say about Aone/Anbu go read it at www.anbudom.net

mdclips
Sat, 08-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Sorry didnt mean to type my statement twice sorry

rdperalta
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:16 AM
well they (Anbudom) just released 95-96 yesterday

Hayabusa
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:23 AM
Yep, Elessar said exactly what was needed to be said.

tom6173
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:27 AM
yeah...i dont like they used perverted hermit.....it sounds like dub..please use ero sennin instead i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

frexeze
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:48 AM
yeah i might be switching to anbu

seems to me like anbu can put up the same qual as aone and much faster.. though i'd hate to do it i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:02 AM
im shocked, just shocked they were such good partners too

Lipai-Sama
Sun, 08-15-2004, 03:03 AM
So, what would you rate the Anbu sub?

NL|MegaMika
Sun, 08-15-2004, 07:20 AM
6/10

Goingin
Sun, 08-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Well... it wasn't THAT bad i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
(Or i am just too much of an optimist i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

7/10

streen2000
Sun, 08-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Seems that even the translation for anbu's 95-96 has suffered, even though crustol's still the translator for this one... rush-job perhaps? To show they're one up on aone. i/expressions/devil.gif

New font ain't that hot either. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

CrossPunisher
Sun, 08-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Yeah, the font was definitely a step down.

bitwar
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Too bad about the split, but them's the breaks I guess. Since i'm hearing bad things about the subtitle fonts, I have even more reason to stick with AonE. Not that I was going to leave to begin with. Keep it coming!

Now, I haven't read all the posts in this thread (don't have the time really), but is this split just affecting Naruto, or is it going to affect all ANBU-AonE releases like the last episode of Macross Zero? I think that's the only joint series left from these two. I never went to ANBU's site to begin with, and I don't think i'm going to start now. Just curious.

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Hmm the seperation of ANBU and Aone, will prolly have great effects on how they fansub, or if we are lucky there is no problems.

Now that they are seperated, the question is, how can we choose who to download? ANBU or Aone? Im prediction is that there will be a discussion about "who is better, ANBU or Aone?"

r3n
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:05 PM
AH seem the best group atm. always v fast, top notch translations, good video quality, good audio quality. the AonE/ANBU partnership to release naruto has really slowed down the last 20 odd eps often releasing the week after the raw's released, so i think something good might come of this split.

and the question about "oh which 1 do i dl now", i guess we'll have to wait and see which 1 is faster & better subbed i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif, all competition is only a good thing for the recievers neway

mdclips
Sun, 08-15-2004, 03:11 PM
yeah i know what u mean like how Aone is taking forever for 95-96 Its sunday already

complich8
Sun, 08-15-2004, 04:17 PM
we were kind of set back a day .... the day it aired we were blindsided with this, and it took us a day to find someone who wanted to translate this episode.

Though we may have similar problems next week, depending on if we can find someone to fill in for him (he's going to be away).

frexeze
Sun, 08-15-2004, 04:57 PM
so now that aone's version is out.. has anyone watched both anbu's and aone's? i havent seen either yet as my summer internet at college ended. i'm going home tonight and oging to download, jsut curious on opinions.

Shuurai
Sun, 08-15-2004, 04:58 PM
il post here once ive watched it ive got an hour to go

Ciber
Sun, 08-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by: frexeze
so now that aone's version is out.. has anyone watched both anbu's and aone's? i havent seen either yet as my summer internet at college ended. i'm going home tonight and oging to download, jsut curious on opinions.

Ours does not contain any spelling errors or typo's. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

frexeze
Sun, 08-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by: Ciber
Ours does not contain any spelling errors or typo's.

lol

i was planning on downloading aone first anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Uukog42
Sun, 08-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by: streen2000
Seems that even the translation for anbu's 95-96 has suffered, even though crustol's still the translator for this one... rush-job perhaps? To show they're one up on aone.

New font ain't that hot either. how has there translation suffered? I found it better then AH's version. the two mistranslations in AH's version were translated correctly in ABu's version. Anbu's version had no spelling errors while AH did, and IMO things were worded better than AH. For example Kabuto's explanation to what his chakra scalple did to Naruto was worded much better than AH. But I agree with you on the font though. pure crap. the Kareoke font wasn't so amazing either...

Ciber
Sun, 08-15-2004, 10:49 PM
13:56 "Forgetten".

"Promose" in the ED.

Among other things.

Mut
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:14 PM
THE GREAT EYE SEES ALL

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:36 PM
Whoa. I thought this forum was gone forever and ever. Sweet that it's not. Too bad to hear about the Aone/Anbu breakup. That's like...the penut butter and jelly in goobers going their separate ways. Looking at everyone's concerns though (being the quality of Naruto subs), I wouldn't worry too much. I checked the anbu site and they said that they wanted to release the eps in a more consistant and timely manner, blaming the breakup in part on Aone's devotion to quality at the expense of timeliness. This means...nothing's changed as far as how I'm going to get and watch the eps. Aone will still release eps with quality as the primary concern, and as such, are the eps I'm archiving. The only concern is how Anbu translations stack up to shin-otaku and the likes. If Anbu is siginificantly better, well then, I'll watch their eps (if Aone's releases don't come out at relatively the same time).

mpmpmp
Mon, 08-16-2004, 02:03 AM
My Ramblings:

While I have no right to say who is better in which aspects. To me, the uttermost important factor of an encode is the translation. It takes a lot of life experience, knowledge in the language from both the source and the target, as well as a good amount of creativity when choosing the right words to use for each anime genre (and in many cases, for each scene).

It is an undeniable fact that while we may be confident in the knowledge we currently have, we all still have much to learn about people and life and are constantly learning. The experiences we go thru each day allows us to see, interpret, understand, and then apply what we have acquired (SIUA). In the discussion of encoding japanese anime, one's work greatly shows how much of what one knows about people and life. While two different translators may have the same goal of a translation in mind, the results vary greatly in how the meaning of the aforementioned translation is applied (Example of SIUA: "That of which is beautiful may not always be good, but that of which is good, is always beautiful." <--- Different experiences in life will affect the level of understanding and application from the above sentence; One can come up with shallow interpretations or one may form a totally different meaning, which strays from the context of the original. Right or Wrong, is then, a matter of opinion.)

Sometimes, it is very understandable to not be able to choose the best word/s when forming a sentence that involves a lot of meaning; I often end up seeking the company of a good thesaurus when I run into writer's block. I can not speak for everyone, though I can safely say that many fans does not expect the translators to have an unparalleled amount of knowledge in both the source language and the target translation. As long as the sentences are translated properly and get the meaning across, most of us are quite content. The editing, typesetting, and timing process is very important as well. But again, how well the aforementioned processes can be done has to do with the level of knowledge one has about people and life (yes, I do sound cheesy. thank you.) All it takes is a little consideration and the effort in finding the best words to use when you feel that you have the right meaning in mind, but are unable to express them into proper wordings right away. I am sure many of us had seen sophomoric levels of translations being done simply because the translator lacked the understanding to make it "better".

Creativity is a very good example of " a matter of preferences ", and this makes fansubbing very difficult to satisfy fans of all walks of life and cultures. Yea, sure, as a professional fansubbing group, they will be glad to listen to the opinions from their fans, and make changes here and there according to the fan's needs. While that is the case, the final say on how things end up are still up to the staff members to decide. So... just what is creativity anyway? The ability to make stuff up that attracts a good niche of fans? Tiny thoughtful additions such as translating background texts or having a reference translation for traditional japanese foods/riddles? It really boils down to what the involved members decided to do, whether it is based on additions from fan feedbacks, or fansubber's personal preferences, or even thoughtful touches of adding some style to a specific scene - We will just have to accept it or leave. But first ask yourselves...do I fully understand the differences in how each group fansubs? do I fully understand the differences in how each group fansubs, and actually appreciate it? The better you get at understanding, the better you get at analyzing. (I could be wrong as well, I don't deny that.)

End Rambling.

Summary:

For those that had used up their time in reading my ramblings, I apologize. What I had rambled about are a few of the issues I had noticed during my more than half a decade worth of following the fansub scene. They are solely my personal opinions and are in no way intended to offend any one individual directly/in-directly. In short, they can be summed up to these:

Not everyone truly appreciates what fansub groups do for scene.

One's SIUA level determines how well one's work are presented.
<A good example would be the comparison of subbing done in both the ANBU's and AONE's episode 95-96 release of Naruto: Timeframe between 22:50 and 23:35>

Quality over Quantity. Some chooses one over the other, and some chooses a combination of the two.
In the end, you can not satisfy everyone.

Fansub groups come and go, Fans come and go. One must appreciate the other no matter the differences or preferences. The assholes outnumber the kindhearted - That gives birth to the ironfisted my way or no way at all attitude while the truly kindhearted diminishes in the fansubbing scene. New groups will eventually take over if older groups dies. Those truly Good fans will remember Good fansub group members.

One has to get all the facts straight and take the time to analyze the situation before mouthing off at any given topic just to show unproductive support. (yes, that includes me.)

Not everyone truly appreciates what fansub groups do for scene.

Respect your elders for they had done shits and lived thru shits you have yet to speak of. (I will end my ramblings here because it is becoming vulgar and out of topic)

P.S. I am 24 years old and I already sound like a grumpy old man.

P.P.S It is never too early to start eating more fiber. I shit you not.

Sign-Out

r3n
Mon, 08-16-2004, 03:10 PM
nice layout! looks pretty.

Antitheus
Mon, 08-16-2004, 04:50 PM
mmm, i did download anbu and watched that , but i think i will probably stick with AonE.... i watch a lot more things that you guys have subbed, and i know your quality is always good.... you also seem a lot more professional to me than anbudom...

also, will you guys be re-subbing whats been done already? or just keep as is (i am hoping keep as is, you guys don't need to re-do it all me thinks)

ragnarokex
Mon, 08-16-2004, 11:36 PM
wow the furoms is bak up and the main page is being updated wow and its sad that it happened well hop e it dont affet speed seeing how its slow as it is

ellspurs84
Wed, 08-18-2004, 02:56 PM

Ours does not contain any spelling errors or typo's. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I'm not picking or anything, but at the end of your episode, where Naruto is explaining that the next episode starts at 7.27... but your subs say it starts at 7.29pm when the Japanese writing on the screen clearly shows it to be 7.27...

Like I say, I'm not picking... just showing you an error that you made so you don't do it again

CrossPunisher
Wed, 08-18-2004, 04:43 PM
I'm not picking or anything, but at the end of your episode, where Naruto is explaining that the next episode starts at 7.27... but your subs say it starts at 7.29pm when the Japanese writing on the screen clearly shows it to be 7.27

Actually, that looks like picking to me......

Id like to know if 7:27 is right, and if actually Anbu blew it (because details so miniscule and unimportant to those not watching the show on tv) and Aone is correcti/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Deblas
Wed, 08-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by: ellspurs84

[quote]
so now that aone's version is out.. has anyone watched both anbu's and aone's? i havent seen either yet as my summer <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=internet&v=56">internet</a> (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=internet&v=56) at <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=college&v=56">college</a> (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=college&v=56) ended. i'm going <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=home&v=56">home</a> (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=home&v=56) tonight and oging to <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=download&v=56">download</a>, (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=download&v=56) jsut curious on opinions.

Ours does not contain any spelling errors or typo's.

I'm not picking or anything, but at the end of your episode, where Naruto is explaining that the next episode starts at 7.27... but your subs say it starts at 7.29pm when the Japanese writing on the screen clearly shows it to be 7.27...

Like I say, I'm not picking... just showing you an error that you made so you don't do it again

likje we care at what time its going to show in japan, its just numbers

zachary_milyardo
Wed, 08-18-2004, 11:38 PM
Whats with the spam in the middle of the quote?!?! *Points to Deblas*
Well I think everyone needs to stop complaining and do everything they can to help AonE. Wether it be small things such as leaving BT on over night or something more inclusive such as translations we all have to do something!

frexeze
Thu, 08-19-2004, 02:19 AM
must be adware on his machine

TwisT
Sat, 09-04-2004, 07:48 AM
I dont know why you guys is like "what episode do i download now??"..

Download them all.. thats what i do.. AH is fastest so i download that first and then i download both ANBU and AonE.. But it will probably be AonE that i keep on my HDD..

I like AonE other subs.. But who knows.. maybe ANBU supprises me and make me keep theres ^^