PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 95-96 Discussion!

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-12-2004, 09:59 AM
GOTWOOT IS BACK!! What better way to say hello again than by creating a discussion thread which will be filled with bold statements such as the following:

"OMFG JIRAIYA IS ON STEROIDS"

"OLO OROCHIMARU SUXX"

"OFUCK I KNEW KABUTO WOULDN*T GET HIT BY NARUTO EVEN THOUGH I SAID HE WOULD LAST WEEK"

"WHERE IS UTSHIHUH ITACHEH?"

And many more!

?igma
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
GOTWOOT IS BACK!! What better way to say hello again than by creating a discussion thread which will be filled with bold statements such as the following:

"OMFG JIRAIYA IS ON STEROIDS"

"OLO OROCHIMARU SUXX"

"OFUCK I KNEW KABUTO WOULDN*T GET HIT BY NARUTO EVEN THOUGH I SAID HE WOULD LAST WEEK"

"WHERE IS UTSHIHUH ITACHEH?"

And many more!

YOU'RE ON STEROIDS!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

anyways, I liked the ep, although I only saw the raw still :+, so the only thing I actually understood was "hontoni ?" when kabuto got smashed by naruto, but it was pretty fine to view ^^

Cion
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Good ep! Next week looks like it will be a filler ep.

I thought it was funny that they translated Akatsuki to "into the Red zone"
in the AH version, can't wait for ANBU vers.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-12-2004, 12:01 PM
I loved when Tsunade announced herself as fifth hokage.

I didn't think this special would wrap up the arc, but it did, and it kicked ass.

GAY FILLER NEXT WEEK DAMNIT!!!! The best stuff of the entire series is being delayed with a fucking hot spring i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Mut
Thu, 08-12-2004, 12:04 PM
the best part was when kabuto was kicking naruto and tsunade when they were down... well that wasn't really 95-96 but it was still funny as hell.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-12-2004, 12:07 PM
I will have to second that, fellow sadist.

*Imagines that the one Kabuto kicked was Hinata and starts drooling uncontrollably*

Shuurai
Thu, 08-12-2004, 12:54 PM

*Imagines that the one Kabuto kicked was Hinata and starts drooling uncontrollably*

LOL

I really enjoyed this episode i watched it twice back to back is it just me or does the slug sound like Alphonse Elric lol.

Beautiful Green Beast
Thu, 08-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by: Shuurai

LOL

I really enjoyed this episode i watched it twice back to back is it just me or does the slug sound like Alphonse Elric lol.

omg, yes he (she?) does.
Manda-sama kicked ass i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Thu, 08-12-2004, 02:49 PM
good ep the managed to wrap it all up, loved when kabuto couldnt stand up and hwen he was terrified of manda. i really dont like that guy at all, why didnt manda just eat him? oh thats right tsunade stabbed him right through his mouth, damnit why did she do that.

annoying filler next week :/ that sucks oh well at least new manga chapter next week. still something to look forward to i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

SeifeR
Thu, 08-12-2004, 03:28 PM
wow that episode was awesome, when naruto did the rasengan was crazy, and when oro got smashed by tsunade into that huge dagger lol. man that was hillarious

Cal_kashi
Thu, 08-12-2004, 03:52 PM
My thoughts in approximate order of occurance
WTF mates? how did Oro get his sword back?
Whoopdy fucking-doo you've got a giant slug! hope noone has a bag of salt.
I really don't think it was appropriate to be tonguing your opponnent.
But waita fuckin minute, ur soul is missing its arms, a new body wont change that, bastards!
The ending couldn't have been cheesier.
Good Ep

Suzu
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:03 PM
I LOVE TSUNADE!!!!! Her punding the crap out of Orochimaru was classic, and Gamabunta's sword through Manda's mouth was hype. But the best was Naruto's Rasengan crushing Kabuto (i hate that smartass). Great episode!!!

Doc
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Definatly a great episode. I had been waiting for this fight since I read the manga and wasnt disapointed.

Now the bad part, the next arc is all filler. Hopefully it will be a short arc and the manga finishes up its current arc.

Aeon
Thu, 08-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Tsunade threatning Kabuto while he was on the ground showed how tough she isi/expressions/rolleye.gif. Manda was pretty cool but doesn't really seem loyal. Anyways now that they back in the village they better run into Neji.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Unless Neji is taking a bath in the local hotsprings, I don't think we can await our god any time soon.

Sharingnan Chet
Thu, 08-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Great ep.

I don't think it was the best of a way for the arc to finish, though.
It just didn't feel "exciting" enough.
Oh well, it was still an awesome, awesome episode, and I'm actually glad this wasn't a five ep long fight, or something.
Got it all done in one swift kick ass blow.

Krbadass
Thu, 08-12-2004, 06:58 PM
I would highly recommend that i don't even see the word manga in here again. Thanks

Cal_kashi
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:05 PM
manga, manga manga! oops i meant venga, venga venga! go Naruto!

uhicha neji
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:29 PM
I was expecting more from Jiriya.... He got his ass handed to him be Oro..

supra33202
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Nice episode. Seriously, I really thought that Tsunade would die in the battle even though she did her regenerating/healing technique. And Naruto has a smart move with his Rasengan by creating a clone to help himself to concentrate his chakra.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Gama Bunta and Mando were a classic act lol... they could do a comic sketch togather.

It was funny to see Oro get beaten up like that.

One thing... err where the hell did Oro go at then end? I mean lol if he just sank into the ground... and just stayed there... someone could have just dug him up again and started to slap him all over again.

They seemed to play some classic 80's music for when the summoning happened.. nice touch.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Ahh, so glad the site is up again. Can't believe it goes down just when things got interesting again!

I dunno, the Sannin fight was cool and all, but Oro Vs. the 3rd was alot better.

The best thing in the last 4 episodes was them showing what a powerful and tactical fighter Kabuto is. And he still hasn't even "lost control" like he almost did during the Chuunin exam. With his regeneration, and his having to maintain control of himself, make me wonder if Kabuto doesn't have a Demon inside him also.

Course, then one would have to wonder why he didn't use it.

Anyway, if there was a problem with the Sannin fight, it was a lack of variety. It was just big animals, Tsunade punches, Oro tounge wraps. I expected different techniques from the Sannin. And Jiraya just sat on his ass!

That was pretty awsome though Tsunade using Gamabunta's sword.

Melvinmaniacs
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:34 PM
I guess being able to summon those giant animals is one reason why Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Tsunade are called the Legendary Sannin. Its funny I expected the slug to be as cocky as Gamabunta and Manda. All I can say is the Rasengan can be pretty deadly when done properly.
I dunno if its just me, but with the field they were fighting on, as well as when Naruto released the Rasengan, Episode 95 reminded me of the Cell Games.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Pretty much everything about the Rasangan reminds me of DBZ....only explained better.

Masamune
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by: Melvinmaniacs
I guess being able to summon those giant animals is one reason why Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Tsunade are called the Legendary Sannin. Its funny I expected the slug to be as cocky as Gamabunta and Manda. All I can say is the Rasengan can be pretty deadly when done properly.
I dunno if its just me, but with the field they were fighting on, as well as when Naruto released the Rasengan, Episode 95 reminded me of the Cell Games.

note: kabuto summoned the snakes, and the manda , with micheal jacksons seal on his arm.

kinda weird.. kabuto said he had used most of his chakra to regenerate. and still he's able to summon the manda.

whats also weird, that kabuto uses his own blood on the seal.
so would mean , kabuto has a snake contract

Mongoose
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:44 PM
Ah, finally, the three Sannin fight. Fun stuff. I was disappointed that Jiraiya didn't do more, but perhaps that poison never fully wore off during the battle. *shrug* Itachi seemed wary enough of him at full strength...

As for the next ep, for the first time, this will truly be filler, as it doesn't appear in the manga.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-13-2004, 12:06 AM
When Oro grabs Jiraiya by his tongue and slams him into the ground I was half expected Jiraiya to let out some stupid groan with the way he was lying there... it seemed more comical than dangerous what happened to him lol.

thundrakkon
Fri, 08-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Nice ep. In regards to your question, Masamune, I think that Kabuto did the seal of summoning, but used Oro's chakra for the summoning. Kind of like Naruto doing the transformation seal for Gambuta during the fight with Gaara.

I wonder what will happen to Naruto now, since Tsunade had to sneak in her "kiss of death" in the end. i/expressions/lips.gif

I also wonder how scary Tsunade looks when her youth technique wore off. Her arms looked pretty scary there. I guess she was too scary for our young audience to see, hence, we did not get to see her face. Jiraiya looked kind of freaked out himself. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Is that the same sword Oro was using in the fight with the third? If it is, then how did he get it back?

Oh well, as for next week's episode, I think it's the obligatory hot springs episode that every single Anime seems to have nowadays. I hope it is funny and fun.

complich8
Fri, 08-13-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by: thundrakkon
Is that the same sword Oro was using in the fight with the third? If it is, then how did he get it back?

it looks like the kusanagi sword is retractable. It kinda lives in one of the snakes in him, along with his big freaky tongue. I don't remember if we saw him take it back or not ... but the third was dead when he left...

Could just be a forgotten issue at the end of the third fight though.

ZakuHan
Fri, 08-13-2004, 02:47 AM
Thought it was a pretty good episode too. I coulda sworn Enma took that sword though after the Third's fight.

While next ep does look like a filler type, atleast it'll be entertaining. It's prolly just a transitional thing they thought they'd throw in to go from one arc to another. I do wanna see if she heals Rock Lee too, or hell, if he'd let her heal him. Knowing his attitude toward hard work he'll prolly refuse saying he'll work himself back into shape lol.

Assassin
Fri, 08-13-2004, 02:52 AM
wow waht an amazing ep. probably one of the best since the zabuza arc. first off, i liked how they ended the whole thing in one (or ratehr 2) episode, instead of making if 3 or 4 like the 3rd vs. oro figt. having to wait a month for a fight to finish kinda takes away from the "edge of your seat" suspense.

man, tsunade using oro's tounge to pull him up and then smack him around was just fucking hilarious! lmao!! i was half expecting her to bite it when he was trying to strangle her. as for jiraya, that flamethrower technique he did with gamabunta was bad ass....but he didnt' do much else for the rest of the ep which kinda sucked. i wanted him and tsunade to beat oro up together....tsundae punches him towards jiraya, he kicks him in the face back to tsunade, and so on.

is it jsut me or did the slug do jack shit? he (she?) throws some acid and then has to be saved by gamabunta.....summoning the slug was a waste of chakra imo.

lastly, i hate that they let oro excape ONCE AGAIN! for fucks sake, kill him already. he can't use his arms and hence no jutsu's. all he has is his tounge and a sword in his throat, yet against not one but TWO sanins AND shizune, who's supposedely as strong as kakashi, oro still manages to escape into the ground.

and where exactly did kabuto go? i thougt the smoke was just to hide u while u jumped away somewhere......but they were in an open field. ninjas cant just teleport like that!

well all in all, it was a good ep, and a nice way to end the arc. did anyone else get the feeling that they were being watched by itachi or someone else from atksuki (sp) while they were standing over naruto's unconcious body near the end?

Evil Eyes
Fri, 08-13-2004, 05:26 AM
This was one of the best episodes since the hokage fight.
Damn Tsunade totally owned Oro. I was quite disappointed by Jiraiya. I expected him to do better. I used to think that Jiraiya was the strongest of the sannins, now I think that it's this way:
Tsunade+Jiraiya>>armless Oro
and before it was:
Oro with hands>>Jiraiya + Tsunade

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-13-2004, 06:47 AM
Look at it this way... if Jiraiya got involved then it would really not be fair to Oro would it?

Anyone think that at the end of the previwe for the next episode those two guys are another pair from Akatsuki?

Suzu
Fri, 08-13-2004, 07:23 AM
I still Jiraiya is the strongest of the Sannin. All you guys doubting have to remember the whole point of this episode is to show how strong the 3 sannins still are even with big handicaps: Oro's arms prevented him from using jutsu, Jiraiya was poisoned and couldn't mould chakra therefore he couldn't perform any good jutsus, Tsunade had her blood phobia and was out of shape from not fighting for so long.

sakura
Fri, 08-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Thats what I'm thinking about too!! How in the world did Kabuto muster enough chakra to summon Manda?

Assertn
Fri, 08-13-2004, 02:24 PM
There's so many different ways to summon creatures, its hard to say

Suzu
Fri, 08-13-2004, 02:31 PM
He took a soldier pill. If you remember from the chuunin exams when akamaru ate one it supposedly doubles your chakra

tensai
Fri, 08-13-2004, 03:25 PM
i dont think that kabuto sommuned manda, he just provided the seals and blood
i think it was oros chakra because kabuto was already weakened, i didnt notice him take the soldier pill after he got rasenganed by naruto (something like what thundrakkon said)

i liked this ep, but i didnt think it was that great
it was good to see oro get his ass pummeled by tsunade though

when shizune healed her legs, it looked like she was going to summon a creature too, if she was, i wonder what it would have been.

even though i dont read the manga, the next ep does seem fillerish

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-13-2004, 03:25 PM
I think Saukra means after he got hit by the rasengan. I think the most reasonable explanation is that the summon was carried out using Orochimaru's chakra.

Eurasian
Fri, 08-13-2004, 03:46 PM
i think kabuto only performed the seals but the blood and chakra was oro's.

oro is a sick bastard. that tongue...::chills:: i liked it when oro was going after tsunade and tsunade caught the sword between her legs. TSUNADE ~ she's my hero from now on. she kicked some serious ass. WHY DIDN'T SHE KILL KABUTO?!?!? she said she will. i know that she has monstrous stength, but i think it's ridiculous how she picked up that sword.

that slug's voice sounds like those voices that comes out of the announcement speakers at airports or something. it's not even intimatidating. of all the animals...why a freakin slug?

gamabunta is funny."new snake skin wallet" HAHAHAH!!!

chambers
Fri, 08-13-2004, 06:51 PM
i liked the way it showed that mando wasnt just a summon and that he is just as evil as oro, it will be interesting to see what devolops between oro and mando if they show it that is. i also think it was a bit pathetic the way jira was shown. oro states that itachi is stronger than him, oro was so incredibly confident when fighting jira that i would have to say ( i previoulsy thought the opposite) that oro is still miles ahead of jira just like when they were kids. so what he cant mould chakra oro HAS NO ARMS ffs. jira should have been able to hammer him in hand to hand combat a lone, and weak chakra moulding is far better than none at all. its weird the way itachi hesitated to attack jira when he seems soooo much weaker than oro.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Not being able to mold chakra properly was one of the effects of the drug. He couldn't move properly either.

SeifeR
Sat, 08-14-2004, 03:40 AM
what did Tsunade mean when she said, "this is my life sacrificed for the fight"

because she used those crazy seals of hers and she'll die faster? is that it

kupalmaru
Sat, 08-14-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by: SeifeR

Tsunade did not use her seals.

Mae
Sat, 08-14-2004, 08:07 PM

I don't think it's because she use her regeneration jitsu... I think it's more that she had said earlier that it was stupid to gamble your life for another person, and people who lost their life defending others fools. By her saying this it's more to show that she has changed her mind, and she decided to fight and protect Naruto even if it meant risking her life to do it.

After these eps I like Tsunade a LITTLE better, although I agree that her slug summon was pretty useless.

kooshi
Sat, 08-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Who cares about the crappy parts? It's still a good ending for a chapter. Now we get to start watching a whole new chapter! ....well, maybe, hehe.

dragon
Sat, 08-14-2004, 11:18 PM
I promise i won't spoil again.

riftwing
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:19 AM

Yes, because she was forced to use a jutsu that shortened her life span.

Also some people are saying Mando... it's actually Manda but A-H just spelled it incorrectly. I can understand why since it's hard to tell when they say it.

Kale Ironfist
Sun, 08-15-2004, 05:40 AM
they spelt 'Katsuyu' as 'Kitsuii' and 'Hachi'... i could understand the second time (cos it sounded off), but Kitsuii?

Krbadass
Sun, 08-15-2004, 06:17 AM
Who cares?

Gods_Son
Sun, 08-15-2004, 06:50 AM
Enough bitching about the translation, people catch little mistakes and suddenly think that they've accomplished something. None of it was really bad enough to take away from the episode. I don't really care for monster battles, but it was still a good special.

Tap
Mon, 08-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Itachi hesitated to attack Jiraiya because he knew it would bring about too much attention, heck Gai was already there. And he thought twice about fighting Gai. Why? Because he was already pretty weakened from using the sharingan technique in both scenarios. Last thing he needed was all of konoha on his ass, and the series Naruto favors strategy over raw power. I mean that kunai is just as lethal in a genins hands, but skill, strategy and experience is what seperates things. (Example: You'd never see anyone take a kick to the neck without flinching because of a silly power level number)

Jiraiya was poisoned give him a break, orochimaru had no arms but his legs work. While I agree Katsyu isnt as cool as Gamabunta, she's not too useless. Both of them got into tight spots, however it was just Tsunade bailing Gamabunta out rather than Katsyu doing it (she's a slug after all). Oh and of course orochimaru is the strongest, they mention it in 65-66. They say that he wasn't like before, because he's in a younger body, he could take more punishment and last longer than the other two. Using youth as an advantage.

yvliew
Mon, 08-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Fighting is awesome.

PSJ
Mon, 08-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru

Tsunade did not use her seals.

she did use her forehead seal which makes her regenerate faster.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 08-16-2004, 06:25 PM
She has more than one seal?

Should I even ask this question?

Also, doesn't Shizune overreact to everything? I mean, come on she even started screaming when Tsunade was about to summon the slug... I mean what the hell? How is that gonna hurt Tsunade is she performs a Jutsu that a genin can do?

Rek
Mon, 08-16-2004, 08:31 PM
she was screaming about the regeneration seal, not the summon. But its understandable that she can overreact... remember Sasuke freaking over a Jounin fight, and Anbu freaking over ahokage battle... well, this is about 3 times worse than the hokage battle, and she is just an attendant, really. She has some ninja skill, but she is mostly an attendant. So alot of people would be freaking out in her case. Some more than others.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-16-2004, 10:25 PM
I was also mightily unimpressed by the snail. Considering it was supposed to be like the Queen of Snails, the least it coulda had was a cool shell....

....that shoots missiles or something.

It's likely that Orochimaru has the ability to "summon" the sword much in the same way ninjas can summon animals. The sword is probably bound to him in some way, and even though Enma took it, it probably returns to Oro every time he regurgitates it.

ninjas cant just teleport like that!
Yes, some of them can.

Fighting is awesome.
Haha, yes...yes it is.

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 08-16-2004, 10:28 PM
The slug had a cute voice though i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

DB_Hunter
Tue, 08-17-2004, 12:04 AM
I remain fascinated on how the slug would deal with a bag of salt thrown at it....

Hakeem_21
Tue, 08-17-2004, 06:49 AM
I wonder when we will se Jiraya fight for real,everytime he is in a fight kishimoto gives him a disadvantage so he cant fight.

I want to see Jiraya kicking somebodys ass is it too much to ask!

HaZMaTiK
Tue, 08-17-2004, 07:56 AM
not sure if thisd has been posted but i thought the music they picked for the scene with tsunade doing the regeneration jutsu was very stupied sounding so out of place

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-17-2004, 08:06 AM
I liked Tsunade's theme i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Hakeem_21
Tue, 08-17-2004, 08:21 AM
The music in Naruto is one of my favorit things in Naruto but the 80 rock or whatever it was soo bad and out of place,i dont want to hear it again.

Assertn
Tue, 08-17-2004, 12:28 PM
theres lots of goofy stupid songs, like konohomaru's theme song etc.......
but the ones that annoy me the most are the ones that inappropriately come up during fights.......

like tsunade's in this past episode, and shikamaru's when he beat kin

kupalmaru
Tue, 08-17-2004, 12:55 PM
I really thought the music that they play for Oro's, when Oro is going to kill Narutoe(ep 95 - 96), was amazing.

The one that they play for Naruto, when Naruto is going to do a rasengan against Kabuto, kinda suck.

ragnarokex
Tue, 08-17-2004, 03:13 PM
great eps good fight seens and ever thing manda rocks

and wtf a snail?!?!?!?!

Assertn
Tue, 08-17-2004, 03:29 PM
slug!!!!!!!!!!!1111111oneone

DB_Hunter
Tue, 08-17-2004, 06:33 PM
I liked that 80's music... infact i think no music piece in the last ep was crap.

Jeff_from_MD
Tue, 08-17-2004, 07:21 PM
man that ep 96 was ALL about tsunade. First off she's hella strong...when she was throwing that knife down onto the snake I was like i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif 2nd, she's the most ruthless sonuvagun I've ever seen, every time she snatched Oro's tongue without letting him go free. I was like ....DAMNNNNNNN?

All I can say is that it was refreshing to finally see Tsunade actually get up and fight again, after getting torn up by Kabuto so much and just lying around the whole time. Jiraiya and Oro both hold their own as Sannin, but until ep. 95 it kinda seemed like Tsunade would pale in comparison.

ragnarokex
Wed, 08-18-2004, 12:20 AM
its a female SNAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mut
Wed, 08-18-2004, 12:28 AM
it's not a complete female. snails/slugs are born with both female and male reproductive systems.

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 08-18-2004, 12:33 AM
its a female SNAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snails usually have shells no? =/

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:03 AM
I guess thats a question for a biologician.

Voltage
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:50 AM
It's a slug.

kaigan
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:52 AM
when katsuii is getting squeezed by manda, katsuii's body looks like an ass and crap is about to come out of it. it was hilarious.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 08-18-2004, 07:44 AM
It reminded me of Majin Boo the way the slug managed to get back togather from all those little slugs... even the way they drew that looked the same.

Kumiriko
Wed, 08-18-2004, 10:07 AM
It is a Slug that has Al's Voice

fate789
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:17 PM
uhh... 95-96 was great??