PDA

View Full Version : Agatha Christie`s Great Detectives Poirot and Marple

Munsu
Sat, 07-24-2004, 03:42 PM
I don't know about some of you, but I am a sucker for detective animes/tv shows/movies....

Froth-Bite released the first episode for Agatha Christie`s Great Detectives Poirot and Marple... It looks like a fun series...

So if you like detective animes give this a try...

http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/[Froth-Bite (http://Great_Detectives_Poirot_and_Marple_-_01[0EC0E055].avi.torrent]Episode 1 by Froth-Bite)

I watched the first episode... the work of the group was excellent IMO.... It was an enjoyable first episode

BigR
Sat, 07-24-2004, 06:54 PM
Saw the first episode....it's a good show, I just hope it gets deeper than a one-episode-case-closed kind of thing.

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 07-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Most of the live-action Poirot shows that I've seen have been truly amazing, as had the Agatha Christie books that I've read. I'll give the show a chance, but I don't know how well the medium is going to accept her works.

KameronFrye
Sun, 07-25-2004, 04:06 AM
I've liked Agatha Christie works, especially Poirot, so hats off to Bud for finding this one. I'll be jumping on it as soon as Paranoia Agent is done.

I'm sure they won't wrap all the cases up in the first episode. Not many shows start out leaving you with a cliffhanger for the next episode. Full Metal Alchemist is the first I've seen where I had to watch the second immediately afterwards due to continuation. It's not right, heh. Wait, I forgot Macross Zero. What a bastard of a show, and making us wait 3425768243956237845 months between episodes, too. Damn them.

EDIT-

I'm drunk and somehow lost my thoughts on this, I forgot what they were just now as I was typing my edit. My dog is eating my hot dogs. This presents a mental conundrum, because it is kind of like cannibalism, if you take away the word "hot" and think about the fact that the hot dogs are not hot. Why am I typing this?

Back to point, I have high hopes for this show. I feel it could be done quite well animated, even though I know little about it. And I'm drunk.

Munsu
Sun, 07-25-2004, 06:06 AM
While we are at it... any of you guys watch Detective Conan (Case Closed) or Detective Academy Q (last episode I saw was 16)?

Poiple Weezard
Sun, 07-25-2004, 08:41 AM
I've seen neither. All that I've seen in terms of detective anime would be the Patlabor movies, especially WXIII, and Monster. I've consider each one as a work of art, so I'm a little cautious about watching another. I'd be going into it with expectations that are probably much too high.

Munsu
Sun, 07-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Well... if i were you i wouldnt watch this series with the mindset of Monster or Patlabor since this anime is strictly detective where usually is a case by case type anime, where everything is based on deductions... maybe a 3 episode case once in a while...

While in Monster there is a general plot and a bigger case behind the small crimes... all cases are connected to one another while in this anime they are mostly standalone cases....

And this series are more light hearted... of course you get your dosage of serious cases, but it is light hearted for the most part...

iminyourbrain
Mon, 07-26-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by: KameronFrye
I'm drunk and somehow lost my thoughts on this, I forgot what they were just now as I was typing my edit. My dog is eating my hot dogs. This presents a mental conundrum, because it is kind of like cannibalism, if you take away the word "hot" and think about the fact that the hot dogs are not hot. Why am I typing this?

Back to point, I have high hopes for this show. I feel it could be done quite well animated, even though I know little about it. And I'm drunk.

omg lolol
hahahahhahha
... oh man ...

i read some agaitha christie books, they are really good.

I saw 1 ep of case closed and didn't like it really. i heard its been changed a lot (character names and so) on adult swim.

Munsu
Mon, 07-26-2004, 07:15 AM
Well I dont watch Adult Swin... I'm currently downloading Detective Conan (Case Closed) from anime-conan... they are up to episode 47...

If anyone is interested in Detective Conan then you can go to #anime-conan @ irc.animepad.net

there is a new archive bot with the first 47 episodes...

Tsukiyomi
Thu, 08-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Budweineken if you like Detective Academy Q you should give Kindaichi Shounen no Jinkenbo a try made by the same guy. They stopped on episode 4 ,but i heard its about 150 episodes and Tokyopop has the manga up to Volume 11 I believe, but a very cool series hope someone can find the raws and pick it up I think it aired in the early 90's it will be hard.

Munsu
Thu, 08-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Yeah I've always wanted to watch Kindaichi Shounen no Jinkenbo... to bad no group releases them... if there were then I would be the first one dl them...

Detective Academy Q was very good the last couple of episodes I watched... that las arc that has been subbed was one of the best detective arcs ive seen...

From what I've heard... Case Closed sucks big time.... apparently the Jap version is 100 times better....

About Poirot and Marple.... the first 2 episodes were excellent... the 3rd one wasnt that good... but still enjoyable...

Noonan
Sun, 08-15-2004, 01:55 AM
Detective boy conan - I've imported through episode 180ish - soooo angry at what is being done to it in america - plus the HK subber that I Imported from quit doing them, so I'm kinda hosed trying to get the most recent 200 episodes i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Detective Academy Q- check animesuki and other placed - its been released through episode 21 (halfway point in the series) but I don't know of anyone who has a release schedule for the second half of the series ;_;

Been downloading the Great detectives series - havent had a chance to watch the first three yet.

(oh and somebody did the first 4 episodes of Kindaichi finally, now for the other 170 i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif )

KameronFrye
Mon, 08-16-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm getting into Case Closed via AS, but I'm loving Poirot and Marple. It closes clean episode after episode, but I still love the CC.

Munsu
Mon, 08-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Kameron...

I suggest getting Detective Conan (jap version/eng sub) instead of Case Closed as it is not as good, and AS should stop airing it soon since they are about 1 episode away from their last licensed episode...

http://anime-conan.is.dreaming.org

#anime-conan @ irc.immortal-anime.net

KameronFrye
Wed, 08-18-2004, 04:54 AM
How good are the DC movies? I think theres quite a few of those, and I'm definitely interested in them...

How many eps did Funi buy? I know theres like 350+ right now, and I don't know that they intend to end the show anytime soon. I dig the hell out of it, and I know the Japanese version is going to be better. I'm going to give the first 2 DVDs a shot and compare the Japtrack on them to the fansubs then go from there, but I've started a few torrents on it as is.

DraGunZer0
Fri, 08-20-2004, 06:35 AM
Wow... what a coincident that the book I'm suppose to read for summer is from Agatha Christie (Murder on the Oriental Express) I got 4 days left to finishthis book and write an essay for it... baaaah...

Munsu
Fri, 10-08-2004, 10:07 PM
any of you guys still watching this series? im up to episode 7....

this last case has been pretty good... lots of murders...