PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHHHHH

Grrrrrr
Sat, 07-24-2004, 02:19 PM
Ive never used Bittorrent before and it says it will take 7000 hours to download naruto 1-10!!! It says 0 KiB/s HOW do i speed it up!! I read the other forums but they havent helped me.

BTW im using BitTorrent-3.4.2 if that matters

stos289
Sat, 07-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Ok, first I have to know a couple of things: What internet connection you have, if you have a router (and if you do what type is it and what the model number is), and if you have any other software firewalls. If you could answer these questions, then I can help you.

Grrrrrr
Sat, 07-24-2004, 02:25 PM
I have DSL, I have a Linksys wireless-G BrodBand Router, and i have Norton anti virus. I dont know how to find the Model Number

stos289
Sat, 07-24-2004, 02:27 PM
Ok, could you tell me the model number of your Linksys router? You are going to have to do something called port forwarding, which will increase the download speed a lot. Hope I could help.

Grrrrrr
Sat, 07-24-2004, 02:28 PM
O i found it, Its WRT54G.

stos289
Sat, 07-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Ok, I have found a step by step guide on port forwarding for you Linksys WRT54G (I'm assuming it's version 1) router. You can find it here (http://www.portforward.com/linksys/wrt54g-portforwarding.htm). For a breif description of what port forwarding is, look here (http://www.portforward.com/help/portforwarding.htm). For Bittorrent, you will have to forward ports 6881 to 6999. Also, where it says to make a Static IP address, don't. It's really not worth the trouble and you don't have to. Hope I could help.

EDIT: If you don't know the ip address to port forward too, here's what you should do. Go to "start" then go to "run". In "run" type in "cmd" (without the quotes). A black screen (DOS prompt) should show up. In the screen type "ipconfig" (again, without the quotes). A bunch of information should show up. Where it says "Ip Address", a set of numbers should be next to it. That is the ip address you use.

Grrrrrr
Sat, 07-24-2004, 02:40 PM
I read the Port Fowarding thing but the instructions dont match, theres no orange button that says setup or a port forwarding page. Im Totally Lost

Grrrrrr
Sat, 07-24-2004, 02:47 PM
The Forwarding insturtions you gave me said, "On the left hand side put the name of the application you are forwarding ports for in the Customized Application box." I dont know what to put there.

And what do I put under Protocol?

stos289
Sat, 07-24-2004, 03:06 PM
Ok, looks like I'm going to have to walk through it with you. My AIM screenname is stos289. Contact me there and I'll help you.