PDA

View Full Version : Dears ep 1 & 2...

PCAnImaX
Thu, 07-22-2004, 03:14 AM
Ok, I've downloaded the 1st two series of this new anime from animesuki... Watched the 1st ep and feels that it's somehow chobits like anime... I would not like to see one anime copying storyline from the other but it's pretty funny also... looks a bit of "hentai" in some areas like chobits does in the 1st ep but I would like to seek more feedbacks from you guys to see if it's worth filling up my diskspace... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.

KameronFrye
Thu, 07-22-2004, 03:45 AM
This is the next series I'm going to start downloading, after I catch up on Madlax, Paranoia Agent, and random shows... I've had a couple people recommend it. They also cited Chobits, heh.

thundrakkon
Thu, 07-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah, this series reminds me a lot of Chobits. The main girl is so cute (though her voice is not what I expected from looking at face), so I feel I must finish the series. It has a Chobits feel to it, but seeing that there might be another DearS to compete with, it might be fun.

I hope the story lines develop into something deeper... that would be nice...

Munsu
Sun, 09-12-2004, 01:30 PM
I started watching this about 2 weeks ago.. and i really liked it... i think it kicks Girls Bravo's ass... it really is an enjoyable show and looks like it has a good plot underneath...

BTW episode 9 is out

A-Keep Episode 9 (http://www.hayaku.com/downloads/?file=[Anime-Keep]_DearS_-_09_[34C6CEAE].avi)

this is direct download...

the torrent you can get it off mirkx or scarywater

intense
Sun, 09-12-2004, 04:26 PM
yeap this anime is really good. haha the intro and the ending is pretty catchy after a few times hearing it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. how many episodes is this anime suppose to be anyways????

Munsu
Sun, 09-12-2004, 04:36 PM
sadly it appears to be 13 episodes...

yeah i love the opening especially how it starts with rhyming words

animefreak
Sun, 09-12-2004, 07:08 PM
13 episodes, man i was hoping is would be around 26. oh well....guess u couldn't ask for more.

DraGunZer0
Sun, 09-12-2004, 10:06 PM
damn thats news to me.. sad news.. i like this anime a lot

thundrakkon
Mon, 09-13-2004, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the direct link, Budweineken. Yeah, I love this series. It is much better than Girls Bravo any day, but I'll leave that for the Girls Bravo thread.

The humor in this series is great, and in many ways, this is a guy's fantasy series. Anyone think that Neneko is related to Takeya? They have the same hair style and color. I am finally used to Ren's voice, and she seems fine now.

I am a bit disappointed that the series is only 13 episodes long (I want more), but I would like to see how things turn out. Oh, btw, that Mitsuka sensei is annoying. I think the series would have been better off with her not in it. I like all the other characters, though.

intense
Mon, 09-13-2004, 05:45 PM
haha... shes okay with me! but hey.... wouldnt yo uwant a teacher like that at your school????(if you styll go to school) like i heck i would! and i dnt think anyone else would disagree!. hahaha... well... she adds some kind of humor in it. haha... but its true that it does get annoying after awhile. but i dnt get it, how can the male students not pay attention with her!!!!?????

Munsu
Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:06 PM
The teacher doesnt bother me that much... she just makes one erotic appearance per episode... 2 tops.... now more than that would bother me... but it doesnt really... this is a good series... i really enjoy it...

animefreak
Tue, 09-14-2004, 06:14 PM
i agree with intense...man i wish i have a teacher like that...lol. Greez i wanna what grade she give for her class...lol. But i must say she is funny for every scene that she in.

Munsu
Sun, 09-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Episode 10 out by A-keep
http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/

intense
Fri, 09-24-2004, 10:05 PM
with only 3 episodes left, how can they possibly end it. and also, ep.11 looks like it wont even lead to ending, just another episode, which cuts it down to 2 episodes to end the series with...
they still have include about how they part from each other, and another episode to explain everything, and one more to end it.

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-24-2004, 10:40 PM
These short series tend to pack a lot of story in each episode, so it might be possible that they can explain most things in the last 3. Next episode might let you know a lot by having them separate. I really enjoy this series, and I hope they will make a second season out of it. Then, they can explain a lot more and add more storyline. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Sat, 09-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Yeah... i think they have the material to extend this anime a little longer... it is not the first time also that ann and anidb has said that a series is shorter than it was... so lets hope this is one of those cases... this is a very enjoyable series

thundrakkon
Tue, 09-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Wow, episode 11 was quite enjoyable. They sure packed a lot of story in that one. Now, I can't wait for the next couple of episodes. I really wished this series was longer.

**Episode 11 Spoilers**

I think that Takeya will refuse the request to return Ren back, and somehow, they will end up together in the next episode. It looks like quite a cool battle. Since they have the "gift", I am sure that somehow, their ability to sense one another will come into play. Who knows? Ren might have some sort of super power because of the "gift." Also, we haven't seen the true leader of the Dear S yet, so she might come out and stop all of this. Ren could be the leader's child, too.

**End Spoilers**

Just 2 episodes to go. *sigh*

Munsu
Sat, 10-09-2004, 12:24 AM
Episode 12 is out by a-keep

get it in mirkx

Danger
Sat, 10-09-2004, 03:23 PM
im kind of disappointed that this series has ended, i enjoyed a lot.

intense
Sat, 10-09-2004, 07:58 PM
anyone know if theres gonna be an ova for this??? if so when will it be released!?
cuz im sure there were some questions still not answered like, who is that girl in the tank, who was always been sleepin. cuz if shes so important, why would she be in the introduction song

Munsu
Sun, 10-10-2004, 06:45 AM
this was a very good series... the ending was good... although i would have wished for more... hopefully another series/ova would be done...

thundrakkon
Thu, 10-14-2004, 06:42 PM
As intense mentioned before, they did leave the leader's story untold. She looks like she is awakening, so there is definitely room for more of a story. I really liked this series over some of the others that were showing at the same time. I hope the ratings were good for this series in Japan, so we can get a second set. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif In the end, I was hoping there were some more powers associated with the "gift" they had, but it might be elaborated if the series continues.