PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale 2, anyone?

MGKyosuke
Wed, 07-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Heh, I mean the motion picture. I've already downloaded BR on K-Lite, but BR2's been downloading for a month now :\ Does anyone know where I can find a torrent for Battle Royale 2? I'd also like to find a torrent for the edited scenes of Battle Royale 1. These scenes were edited in most versions of the movie. The version I saw had them edited out. I'd love to see them! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 07-22-2004, 12:48 AM
I dunno whether you'd be able to get the cut scenes on their own (if thats what you mean). You'd have to download the Special Edition I think. The Special Edition has one or two scenes that should really have been in the film, but it also has some really crap flashbacks that irritated me when I watched the SE...but the scene that looks into a certain character's past (quite important if you haven't read the book...which is even better than the film) is quite uncomfortable but it adds a bit more depth to the film.

BR2 is good but don't expect more of the same as the first film...it is very different (a lot of people hate it...but meh, can't please em all).

Anyway you can find them both on http://www.suprnova.org by clicking search and searching for 'battle royale'. I'll link the torrents directly below anyway...

Battle Royale 2 (http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2206/BattleRoyale2.sharedbyDaKilla.for%5Bwww.torrent.to %5D-rar.torrent)

Battle Royale - Directors Cut/Special Edition (http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/1743/Battle%20Royale%20Directors%20Cut(1).torrent)

MGKyosuke
Thu, 07-22-2004, 01:39 AM
Do you mean Shinji's basketball flashbacks? I read about those. Does the SE have ALL of the edited scenes? Because you made it sound like it only had some. And I'm half way though the book. I greatly prefer the book over the movie too. To me, the book gave me the story and the movie just gave me an image. But I guess that's how it is with most books/movies.

Does the site you gave me have other Japanese/Asian flicks? I'd like to see Suicide Club and Ichi the Killer. And thanks for the linkage, man.

MGKyosuke
Thu, 07-22-2004, 01:54 AM
Eep!

BR2's got a grand total of 1 seed. My download won't start! Nyah!

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 07-22-2004, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure whether it has all the edited scenes...I think it does...it does have quite a lot (I only described a couple of them...I don't even remember a lot of them i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif). Yeah the basketball cutbacks irritated me, especially the ones with Nobu...they were too cheesy for me...the other non-basketball scenes did improve the film though.

There is a fair bit of material that isn't in the film...I don't remember exactly how much but I remember there was quite a lot...

Suprnova does have a fair amount of Asian movies, if you have a certain film in mind then use the search, if you want to look through the group go on 'Movies' then click 'Asian' - though not all of them are there because for whatever reason the person uploading a film like Ring might put it in the Horror section instead of the Asian section so I prefer the search.

I just checked the two films you mentioned aren't there anymore (though I'm pretty sure they used to be). Definitely check out Suicide Club/Suicide Circle/Jisatu Circle (irritating number of names for the same film but its often listed as any one of them i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) and Ichi is good as well...extremely violent...

Other films you might want to try (unless you've seen them already) are Ju On (another film the US is making a remake of :rolli/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif, Tale of Two Sisters, Phone and Dark Water. And Audition is disturbing as hell as well i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MGKyosuke
Wed, 12-22-2004, 02:54 AM
Does anyone know where I can find BR2? Ya know.. after SuprNova is dead.

Foomanchew24
Fri, 12-24-2004, 01:13 AM
you can try this one, not sure if it works though

http://www.torrentspy.com/search.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=19407