PDA

View Full Version : Girls Bravo

KameronFrye
Wed, 07-21-2004, 03:16 AM
It's about a high schooler who is allergic to girls. He falls into an alternate world where %90 of the population is women, and he finds one that he isn't allergic to. He also gets hit/thrown about half the episode.

The show's pretty rad, if you like this sort of thing. I think Lunar is doing the sub on it.

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 07-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Saw the first two episodes, and while the first one is rather unique in its approach and interesting in its scope, the second one is little more than normal. I'll need to watch the next two or three to determine whether I'll keep or drop the series, but for now it doesn't seem good enough to suggest it to anyone else.

KameronFrye
Wed, 07-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah? Well, here's the thing about anime...

If you don't recommend it to people until later, it makes it harder to share since fewer people are watching it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

You never know though, some people might end up digging it now. It's a general comparison, I've given it to a couple friends that like Love Hina style anime, and they enjoyed this. One stated Love Hina because the main character had his ass kicked throughout the series, as this one's does.

Seriously, I prefer people to talk about anime as soon as it is out, it gets me interested in it.

Munsu
Wed, 07-21-2004, 10:42 AM
I havent started it yet... i'm waiting till i get back to college to give it a try...

Might want to try DearS also... the first episode reminded me of Chobits in a way

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Most anime get a lot better as time flows.

But I'm not a fan of this 1-male-142-female = fanservice series.

Eurasian
Wed, 07-21-2004, 10:10 PM
isn't miharu's voice the same voice actress as hikaru from kono minikuku mo utsukushii sekai???

i think these kind of series r so cute. it seems that they will stay on Earth than Seiren.

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 07-21-2004, 11:42 PM
I'm willing to bet that they'll get here power working by mid-season, even if it doesn't take them to their intended destination. I can imagine them going to a world that's 90% male and bringing that ladies man along. What's his name? I didn't catch it during the episode.

Also, what's the name of the fear of men and fear of women? I'm pretty sure fear of women was gynophobia, but I don't remember the other too well. Was it androphobia?

ExTREm-San
Wed, 07-21-2004, 11:54 PM
I like the serie so I'll recommend it to other. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

KameronFrye
Thu, 07-22-2004, 12:04 AM
It's a cool series. I'm glad I got recommended it this early, like how Budweineken recommended Otogizoushi. I'm going back and catching up on Madlax and Paranoia Agent right now, those are two I wish I had known about beforehand. I've been getting the batch on Madlax for day #3 right now, because I keep trying to catch up on those and my other current series. It won't be done for a week, at the rate I'm going. =/

Eurasian
Thu, 07-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by: Poiple Weezard
Also, what's the name of the fear of men and fear of women? I'm pretty sure fear of women was gynophobia, but I don't remember the other too well. Was it androphobia?

ur right!!!! about both fears.

Poiple Weezard
Thu, 07-22-2004, 02:01 AM
Maybe its just me, but if someone recommends me to watch a series that only turns out mediocre, then I'm not going to trust that person's opinion in the future. I don't see how you can reccomend an anime based on the first one or two episodes.

Mut
Thu, 07-22-2004, 02:02 AM
the main character (the guy) is just nothing but a male hinata. a pussy.

KameronFrye
Thu, 07-22-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by: Poiple Weezard
Maybe its just me, but if someone recommends me to watch a series that only turns out mediocre, then I'm not going to trust that person's opinion in the future. I don't see how you can reccomend an anime based on the first one or two episodes.

That's the thing, though... if no one vouches for/against it, where are you left? My opinion is that it's similar in style to Love Hina. If you like stuff like Love Hina, then this is worth at least checking out a few episodes of. You're not actually paying money for it, all it is is a download. Whatever you chose not to download in place of this is still going to be there when you're done getting this. If you don't like this style of anime, then you know it's not for you. That's what forums here are for, recommending shows and giving an opinion on it. If someone waited until 10 to tell me about a show, I'd get frustrated. It's taken me 6 days so far to get dowloads of old torrents on Madlax, and I'm about halfway to current. I would have rather taken it in, checked out the first three when they were fresh, and have something to get weekly; either that, or decided after 3-4 I didn't like it. It's too early to call it mediocre, imho. But I like to think my synopsis on it is accurate. So do the three people I've shown this to that like this style of anime, as well as this series. *shrug*

PCAnImaX
Thu, 07-22-2004, 06:06 AM
Hmmm... I'm still hanging on to it... I hope that it has a good storyline to come instead of just the guy being the "Fatal Attraction"...(-_-)"... I'll be following up to 5 episodes before deciding whether or not for it to stay in my HDD Anime Section... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-22-2004, 09:29 AM
I don't know if I'm in the mood for another Harem anime, but its worth a try if Lunar picked it up (though I bet it gets licensed in two weeks).

thundrakkon
Thu, 07-22-2004, 01:15 PM
It is ok, so far. The lead girl reminds of the character in Maburaho. It seems nowadays, so many Animes are just semi-clones of previous Anime, as if the writers do not have as much imagination to create something new anymore.

Poiple Weezard
Thu, 07-22-2004, 01:39 PM
At least they used a relatively new approach to the harem anime genre. A world almost entirely populated by women hasn't been done since Vandread, and even then the women hated men. I'm just worried that it won't have much substance or interest other than the premise to back it up.

KameronFrye
Thu, 07-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Ah, Vandread... If ever a series I wish I could have held on to. Had car problems and ended up selling that to get my car fixed, but it wasn't exactly an easy choice to make. =/

Eurasian
Thu, 07-22-2004, 05:59 PM
i finally got to watch episode 2. kirie...she's so funny, espcially around fukuyama. when she hit him at the locker place...best hit i've ever seen. he spinned 360 degrees...HAHAHA. i really like miharu, especially the ending. she's so cute. i'm definitely going to keep watching this.

I really really really think miharu's voice is the same as hikaru from konomini.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
the main character (the guy) is just nothing but a male hinata. a pussy.

Holy shit this anime must be the spawn of the underworld impersonated into moving pictures.

intense
Fri, 07-23-2004, 11:16 PM
this series really remind me of maburaho. honestly... miharu having pink hair and wanting one guy, witout anybody else wanting him, and also exploding powers when she gets really angry or worried... see doesnt it remind you of maburaho???

Noir
Fri, 07-23-2004, 11:38 PM
"Ahhh a peeker!"

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

Eurasian
Thu, 08-19-2004, 06:12 PM
i just watch epi 4. it's the best so far. fukuyama and his sister are so funny. they r just so odd. i acutally like yukinari in here. i felt sorry for him while i was laughing at him.

intense
Mon, 09-13-2004, 05:47 PM
hmm... this anime is just getting too repetitive with the girl kicking the guyes ass all the time, and the bells ringing... just getting a lil too annoying now. sure it was funny at first, but now it seems like it takes up too much time.

Eurasian
Mon, 09-13-2004, 05:56 PM
it's probably gonna get better. now all the girls r there. and fukuyama and kirie r the couples i'm cheering for!!

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-15-2004, 01:32 AM
I hope the serie does get better. There does not seem to be enough storyline or humor so far. Oh, and Miharu reminds me of my sister's maltese/poodle. When it runs, it's ears flop kind of like her hair at the ending credits. I guess they are trying to make her look cute.

The gynophoebia is the same as Hanaukyo Maids.

Fukuyama is so annoying. He's almost as bad as the villain guy in Hand Maid May. There are just times when you should just leave people alone and not be so damn selfish.

TruthofMistake
Wed, 09-15-2004, 05:11 PM
heh this doesnt really have much to do with this topic but someone mentioned maburaho and iv been trying to find a place to dl that because it looked good doesn anyone know where???? i didnt think this justified a new thread so i didnt bother with that

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by: TruthofMistake
heh this doesnt really have much to do with this topic but someone mentioned maburaho and iv been trying to find a place to dl that because it looked good doesn anyone know where???? i didnt think this justified a new thread so i didnt bother with that

u should ask in the anime download section.

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-15-2004, 05:22 PM
TruthofMistake, you could have posted this question on one of the Maburaho threads. Just use the search button, and I know one of us would have come to help you. Anyway, most likely, you could find it on Boxtorrents. However, Boxtorrent is down right now, but should be back up soon.

I had a lot more fun watching Maburaho than Girls Bravo (well, current episodes comparison). Maybe if Girls Bravo did not have all its censoring, it might be more entertaining. They did mention this is the first season, so it must be good enough for a second?

GonetotheEdge
Sat, 09-18-2004, 04:53 PM
what is funny about this series is that all of the censoring was done by the tv network. so either you get really thick fog or a nearly black screen. this censoring will not be on the dvds but i have to wonder just how graphic they were to require the network to censor to that extreme.

--- GonetotheEdge

Munsu
Sat, 09-18-2004, 05:36 PM
I dont think they were to graphic... just Boobs and some ass... nothing else...

It's just the network's policy not to show anything...

And yeah Maburaho was much better...

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-23-2004, 11:08 PM
TruthofMistake, since for some reason I can't post in the other Maburaho threads, if you are still looking for a link to Maburaho, here it is:

Torrent (http://www.krogoth.org/tracker/torrents/Maburaho%20Complete%20(ATC).torrent)

As for Girls Bravo, it is becoming funnier now. I am enjoying it a bit more than before, but it still has a long way to go before it is as entertaining as Maburaho, even though I don't exactly understand the 2 childhood friends that he apparently promised to situation in the end.

KameronFrye
Thu, 09-23-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm up to episode 5 right now, been too busy to watch it/Elfen Lied. Two different series, and a weird contrast to go from one to the other, but heh.

Eurasian
Sat, 09-25-2004, 03:21 PM
from epi 7*******************************

http://img41.exs.cx/img41/4954/paizuri.jpg
paizuri
http://img41.exs.cx/img41/3036/capture5.jpg
another very wrong picture

EDIT EDIT EDIT: what??? i just saw the raw for epi 11 and it says "END." i didn't know it ended after only 11 episodes. maybe there'll be a 2nd season.

thundrakkon
Tue, 09-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Eurasian,
Well, they did say this was (study) the first stage (study), so I expect more (study) to come if they do decide to go with a second stage (study). Besides, it could be like Gantz, and it censored a lot, so only 11 episodes came out. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

P.S. Study comment was directed toward Eurasian only. Inside joke. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Eurasian
Tue, 09-28-2004, 12:27 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am. sorta. ok u got me. not at all. ahaha...i'll go soon. i'm almost finished stretching!!

censored...u mean showing skin??

thundrakkon
Tue, 09-28-2004, 12:42 AM
Gantz censored by cutting scenes out that were too graphic. They use steam and dim light to censor here. Who knows, there could be more stuff that they cut, and we did not know about. The fact that it is only the first season means that they expect it to be short, although it could really be only 11 episodes because the want it that way. Anyway, I don't feel 11 episodes will really resolve anything at this point.

I hope you had a nice stretch, Eurasian. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif I hope you won't fall asleep now, either. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Eurasian
Tue, 09-28-2004, 12:53 AM
yah i don't think 11 episodes are enough. the story hadn't really progressed that much.

time for another stretch. yah u know...look at the stars and enjoy the natural light the moon provides. how refreshing.......studying has already left my mind.