PDA

View Full Version : Saiyuki Reload

Eurasian
Tue, 07-20-2004, 09:43 PM
yah, it's kind of late since saiyuki reload epi 16 came out a while ago. i just hadn't been able to dl it. why is the story so slow?? it's killing me. when are they going to get to the good parts??

i feel weird posting this...cuz i never seen a saiyuki post before. i hope ppl watch this anime, cuz i think it's actually pretty amusing...despite the story keeps dragging.

KameronFrye
Tue, 07-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I'm uncertain how I feel about Reload. I loved the first one, but I think it really was the dub that sold me on it. Reload is apparently licensed by Geneon, which means ADV won't have their hands in it anymore. This leads me to wonder:

a) How different the dialogue will be handled, and
b) If they intend to keep the same voice actors or swap out new ones.

Eurasian
Wed, 07-21-2004, 12:31 AM
WHAT?! why is it licensed by different companies? that's so weird. i would think adv would quickly license reload since they got gensomaden one already.

KameronFrye
Wed, 07-21-2004, 12:41 AM
ADV has the Requiem movie, which I think is just a big series recap... donno for sure.

Geneon has Saiyuki Reload and Saiyuki Reload Gunlock, but it won't be out here for another year and a half or so.

Eurasian
Wed, 07-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by: KameronFrye
Geneon has Saiyuki Reload and Saiyuki Reload Gunlock, but it won't be out here for another year and a half or so.

omg...a year...that's a long time. wtf i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Munsu
Wed, 07-21-2004, 07:17 PM
I've only downloaded up to 13 from spa.... but I'm first waiting to finish Gensou Maden Saiyuki before touching reload... just a couple of more episodes...

Eurasian
Wed, 07-21-2004, 10:13 PM
yah, definitely watch gensomaden before reload. i watched like the first 3 episodes of reload and i was lost. so then i had to borrow my friends dvds...and everything made sense. it's like a revelation i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

dragonrage
Mon, 09-18-2006, 10:52 AM
I know that this is a long forgotten thread but I just wanted to voice my opinion if there is anyone else out there watching it might find it amusing.

well I found this anime by accident. I must say that I really enjoyed Gensou Maden Saiyuki and Saiyuki Requiem. The characters I fell in love with. There were plot holes in the storyline but the feeling I got from the anime made up for it and then some. I really enjoyed watching and identify with all the main characters. There were alot of things that can related to normal day life dispite the totally unrealistic story. And also the language uses was more realistic to the 21th century than anything else. It is a really good anime to watch.

But I was dissappointed by the Saiyuki Reloaded. They changed alot of little details and well the storyline was alittle crappy. There were alot of pointless episodes in reloaded. I especially hated the episode where there were doubles of the original sanzo party, what made it even worst is that they dressed them in the same outfits they had in Gensou Maden Saiyuki. I don't know if some other group took over the animation in reloaded but it felt like they were actually degrading the first part of the series. The original feeling I got from Gensou Maden Saiyuki wasn't felt in this part.

I think it could have been done better and the anime itself was wrong.