PDA

View Full Version : Games

Pages : [1] 2

Nara Shikamaru VI
Tue, 07-20-2004, 07:35 AM
anyway see that there's not a proper thread to talk about electronic games. here goes. plse talk about which games u're hype about and what games u are currently playing. reccomandation on games and console arguments.

i'll start of with i cant wait for Narultimate Hero 2.(YES 2) for PS2 i've played the first one and cant get enoug of it. really awesome game but it's greatest downfall is lack of playable character. but apparently u can play Jiraiya and Choji in the 2nd. omg. and if they learn from their mistake they'll add more character in teh 2nd installment providing they've got enough space on the disc. right now it's on my number one wish list

and here is the official site
http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/naruto2/main.html

the second most wanted game is FMA. they are gonna make an english version. HURRAH. i've got the jap version but dunno how to read jap so cant truelly appreciate it. but now it's in english. dont care about Halo2 or even Sudeki. give me those two game and i am set for life.

anyone as excited as i am about this two game??

oh and before i forgot here is the FMA screenshot from IGN site
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/688/688587/imgs_1.html

Assertn
Tue, 07-20-2004, 09:24 AM
im confused......
full metal alchemist 2?? where was the 1st one?

Nara Shikamaru VI
Tue, 07-20-2004, 10:10 AM
my bad

upon further inspection the FMA game is in jap thus explaining the number 2. cos there is a FMA game in jap previously. i assume it was english because it was on IGN, but i was sadly mistaken.

but with FMA being lisence, the game will be bound to get translate to english. and it's by SquareEnix too. i dont care if they translate the first one or the second one, just cant wait to play em

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-20-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm also looking forward to Narultimate 2. I also have the first one but it's kinda boring now when I have all 1000 or so "secrets" & all missions beaten.

But yeah. It needs more characters. The new GFX looks really nice, but why include both Ino & Chouji? The whole "baka trio" is with us now. Gimme some Kiba! And I sincerily hope none of the old charas have been removed...

Currently playing Dynasty Warriors 4 & Samurai Warriors. Both for PS2. Awesome games!

GLS
Tue, 07-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Anyone here play sports games? I just got the NCAA Football 2005. Favorite game of the year, only game thats got a chance against it is Madden 2005.

Stoopider
Tue, 07-20-2004, 12:49 PM
CASTLEVANIA! (http://flashkof.free.fr/castle/castle.htm)

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 07-20-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm looking forward to GitS:SAC and Final Fantasy XII. I'm also gonna be wanting the .hack 3 and 4 games when they finally get released over here (yeah I know they're available everywhere else, but here we only have the first two), but I gotta finish the first one first...

I might try that onimusha as people seem to speak pretty highly of it...

Tofu #2
Tue, 07-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the sweet castlevania game.

NM
Tue, 07-20-2004, 08:13 PM
I cant wait for both new Kingdom Hearts games (for Gba and PS2), Narutimet Hero 2, and FFXII. Oh yeah, Swallow Your Soul, definetly check out Onimusha. I played and beat Onimusha 3: Demon Siege. It was a sick game. Oh yeah, this isnt a game but Im sure everyone here is looking forward to FF Advent Children.

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-20-2004, 08:31 PM
I play a lot of Castlevania too kicks so much ass, but hell that Flash is so damn well made!

InnerSakuraChan
Tue, 07-20-2004, 11:45 PM
personally, im a Final Fantasy whore . . . though i've seen the previews for FFXII, and the main character just looks like an evenmore fag-y Tidus.
Whats whith this chain of blond FF heros?
squall will always be my favorite. the other cool thing about ff8 is that you could purposfully not level up,a and just junction yourself really well, and you ould beat the game really easily - as the bosses were based on your strength.
ff7 is the best.

Aeon
Wed, 07-21-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by: gaaralovessand
Anyone here play sports games? I just got the NCAA Football 2005. Favorite game of the year, only game thats got a chance against it is Madden 2005.

Yup I can't wait for Madden to come out on Aug 12th. Other then sport games I'm a rpg fanboy so I' also waiting for Sudeki at the end of this month and Star Ocean 3 on Aug 30th. As far as games that I can't wait for to come out I gotta say it's Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy XII, and Xenosaga.

KameronFrye
Wed, 07-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Few random bits here:

FMA, as ran in Japan, was wholly backed by SquareEnix, simply so that they could secure the rights to the games they are making. There was reportedly one also coming for the GCN, brawler style, but I can't find anything out about it. The PS2 games are supposed to be RPG-oriented, cel-shaded, which makes me happy.

As for Narultimet Hero 2, bah. The animation looks nice, but Choji as a playable character is hardly anything to get excited over. If they can rival the character selection of the second GCN Naruto game (20+), then I'll get it. But shiny graphics and not being party friendly is going to be the nails in the coffin for me on this one.

For Final Fantasy, I'm looking forward to the XI expansion this fall. Looks like they're adding some nice stuff.

Only game I'm waiting on right now is Street Racing Syndicate, maybe some other random titles here and there.

Mut
Wed, 07-21-2004, 01:32 AM
only a true gamer would be on the look out for doom 3.

Stoopider
Wed, 07-21-2004, 03:30 AM
Doom3 Shipping in August 3rd.

www.doom3.com

Booya!

Raven
Wed, 07-21-2004, 03:41 AM
Doom 3 yes, and Half Life 2 also. They're the two major ones atm.

While we're on the topic of games, what's the name of the song the plays during the credits of Max Payne 2?

GLS
Wed, 07-21-2004, 07:37 AM
theres also this game called Halo 2. That looks pretty sick!

Halo 2, GTA: San Andreas, Timesplitters: Future Perfect, Doom 3(Xbox), Half-Life 2(Xbox), Madden 2005, MGS3: Snake Eater, Gran Turismo 4, FFXII.
Those are just a few of the games I'm patiently (some impatiently) waiting for.

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-21-2004, 08:32 AM
I stopped playing FF after 8. 9 didn't do it for me, and I couldn't get into 10. Which is a shame, because FF6 is the best game ever made tightly followed by Chrono Trigger & FF7.

Assertn
Wed, 07-21-2004, 09:25 AM
if doom 3 contains co-op support for the levels themselves......then i'll consider buying it

what ever happened to those glorious days? i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 07-21-2004, 09:33 AM
I love FF games 1-7, and 9. I couldn't stand 10 because of all those lovey dovey trailers featuring yuna. ugh. One small thing about ff8 bothered me...those sword guns or whatever. Yeah, I let little things like that get to me to the point I won't play the game. The main character in ff12 is looking quite the homosexual...a trend that's increased in intensity since ff7 (cloud wasn't gay at all, but he was gayer than the playable characters in ff6 and before.) FF 9 I liked because it had this theatrical feel to it. Sucked me right up from the beginning. And vivi was so cool. Was so happy to see the black mage of ff 1 back in action.

As far as what I'm most looking foward to, it's the next Zelda game. I'm a zelda whore.

Jman
Thu, 07-22-2004, 03:53 PM
can't wait for GTA:SA, Halo 2 & MGS Snake Eater and the next Gran Turismo.

littlecooldude
Thu, 07-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Ok, I just got Tales of Symphonia, and I have to say it's awsome. It's just like playing an anime. It's so much fun. the battle system is like a blend of turn based and real time. That's like taking Final Fantasy and Zelda and smashing them together! There's great multiplayer support, so your friends can help you battle. Did I mention the 80hours of play!?! So yeah, if you've got a GameCube, buy this, now, stop reading, run!!! ^_^

stos289
Thu, 07-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah, i got Tales of Symphonia too, its pretty sick! Anyway, I'm a big RPG fan so I have all the Final Fantasies, Xenogears/Saga, and Chrono Series just to name a few. However, not too many people talk about tactical RPGs. If you like anime, building up to super high levels, and demonic Penguins, you'll love Disgaea: Hour of Darkness by NipponIchi. It's a great game, and I have about 200 hours racked up on it! Also, check out La Pucelle: Tactics, and a new one by NipponIchi coming out late August called Phantom Brave. They all are very good games (even Phantom Brave which hasn't come out yet) in my opinion.

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 07-22-2004, 06:50 PM
um since this is a game thread, does anyone know when Xenosaga 2 is going to be released?

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Early 2005.

Tsukiyomi
Thu, 07-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Well for games coming out. I will have to say for PS2 will be all about Kindom Hearts 2 9/14/05
PC: Doom 3, H2, CS:Source, and World of Warcraft
Also Im really glad because this year seems like there are going to be a lot of anime games being released ex Inuyasha, Bebop, Shaman King, FMA. Overall im really excited i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

iminyourbrain
Fri, 07-23-2004, 01:36 AM
GTA:SA hell yes
I just got FarCry and it is so sweet, but HL2 and Doom will really blow it away

anyone wondered what would happen in a fight between Freddy Krueger and optimus prime?

BloodyRage (http://www.glue.umd.edu/~sturdiva/unofficial/flash/bloodyrage.swf)

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 07-24-2004, 07:43 AM
yeah disgea is damn hilarious

hey guys check this out
found this in ign site

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/691/691552/imgs_1.html

a gameboy NARUTO RPG!! too bad it aint gonna be translate i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

hmmmm agree with Tsukiyomi. personally world of warcraft will be an awesome MMORPG, because blizzard had yet to let me down and second i totally share yer excitement on anime games especially shaman king and hopefully FMA.

btw i havent herd anything about bebop game whats it about?? fighting or rpg or even dating sim??

Jman
Sat, 07-24-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by: Nara Shikamaru VI
btw i havent herd anything about bebop game whats it about?? fighting or rpg or even dating sim??

This action-adventure game is based on the popular anime series and will allow you to play as Spike, Jet, or Faye.

Check out ->this page (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/cowboybebop/index.html?q=cowboy+bebop)

also -> here (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/cowboybebop/screenindex.html)

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 07-24-2004, 10:40 AM
judging by the looks it's gonna be a brawler. graphics seems alittle inferior and lets hope u dont beat up multiple clones in order to complete a level. we know what happen to the last time someting like that turn up *cough sate of emergency *cough.

might still buy it because am a great fan of the anime myself.

iminyourbrain
Sun, 07-25-2004, 02:56 PM
anyone interested in classic game consoles might be interested in this gem my sister is selling on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8120531 967

i tried to persuade her not to sell it but she's not going to use it.

made by Emerson!

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 07-25-2004, 08:37 PM
iminyourbrain is it all in mint condition??

globefish_poison
Mon, 07-26-2004, 08:16 AM
I remember looking at some screenshots for tales of symphonia, they looked alright, but i think one of the main characters were wearing some wierd looking overalls. thats the only thing i can remember about those pics.

i like zelda like most people, but the games recently dont look all that fun. four swords looks vaugely amusing and the minish cap game looks too unappealing. but hey, most people thought celda would be bad by just looking at it, and it was a great game.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Mon, 07-26-2004, 10:17 AM
my friend laughed at sam fisher when he first saw him. saying he wears a silly hat. but now he is a rabid fanboi of that game.

anyway i hope ToS will be good cos my GC is collecting dust. and they better release it in aus

iminyourbrain
Mon, 07-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by: Nara Shikamaru VI
iminyourbrain is it all in mint condition??

yeah, its never been opened, cept for testing it out to see if it works or not. my sister got it from a garage sale after negotiating for like an hour. She got it unopened, and opened it and played tanks-a-lot.

Raven
Thu, 08-12-2004, 03:32 AM
So.... Doom 3.... it's out.

I think it's a little linear, but what game isn't these days? Overall, I think it's very atmospheric, you feel like you're really there. I wouldn't call it scary, but rather it makes you jump, there's a difference. The monsters are well designed and animated, the bosses are pretty cool, and the environmental textures are amazing. Too bad my PC doesn't run it too well, I need an upgrade soon. Thoughts?

Krbadass
Thu, 08-12-2004, 04:09 AM
I've been playing it a little bit also, its a little jittery around a lot of monsters, but i haven't gotten very far. The graphics are great, the ambient sounds are greater. What can i say? Good game.

Assertn
Thu, 08-12-2004, 01:09 PM
doom 3 was a game i thought about buying........
but then i discovered they only put the co-op mode on the xbox version......

therefore i dled it instead

.............%^$#%% xbox.......

Nara Shikamaru VI
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:06 AM
currently exploring Naruto Taisen 3 on GC. totally different from PS2 version. the moves in Narultimate Hero 2 are much simpler but the environment and items allows a wider aray of tactics. overall i prefer Narultimate Hero but Taisen have 4 player options....

overall people that have PS2 or GC owe it to themselve to get it.

oh and recently got MGS3. abit dissapointment because the voice acting lack of emotions like it's previous installment. but overall a real awesome game. and for MGS fan out there saw this on IGN
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/569/569149p1.html

a posibility for a MGS movie. i've been waiting for this since the first mgs i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GLS
Tue, 11-30-2004, 12:43 PM
I just beat Jak 3 a few days ago. A fine... rental.
The trilogy is wonderful and all, but after you beat these games, there isnt much more to do.
The difficulty of Jak 3 has been slightly toned down (amidst the constant bitching of reviewers. It's not that hard! really!!), and there is more of a calling for "sand-driving" stages and stuff.
Fine game, just ends to quickly.

kooshi
Tue, 11-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Me, I love the FF series. Well, I haven't played 8-10 to an extent where I can judge it, but they seemed pretty interesting. FFX-2 was a bore though and quite disappointing. I still can't decide whether FF6 or 7 is better, hehe.
As for the GTA series, I don't really like it. Has never convinced me that it's a good game *grab a suit of armor and prepares for bashing*
For now, I'm playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time for PS2. It's a pretty wicked game since it's not like any other RPG I've played. A good break from the turn-based RPGs.
Also recently, I got Capcom vs SNK 2. I just LOVE this game. Yeah, there might be a few bugs in it, but I don't know what they are, so that way, I can enjoy the game better, hehe.

Deblas
Tue, 11-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Im looking forward for the new Kingdom Hearts por the ps2 and ill be buying metroid prime echoes shortly. Underground 2 looks pretty sick and im currently playing halo2

Aeon
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Like Kooshi I'm also playing Till the End of Time, logged in about 25hrs and still on disc one(Nel is so cool, Maria on the other hand sucks). Besides Star Ocean still working on my Madden Franchise. Only games I'm looking foward to are Xenosaga 2 in february and when ever Kingdom Hearts 2 and FFXII decide to come out.

animefreak
Tue, 11-30-2004, 11:34 PM
my favornite games right now is Dynasty warriors 4 empires for ps2. Right now, i'm waiting for xenosaga 2, final fantasy 12, and Tekken 5.

ll Ec|iPsE ll
Sat, 12-04-2004, 09:29 PM
the ending to halo 2 sucked BALLS NOT even worth buying i like ff games 7-10/x2 so far

kooshi
Sun, 12-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Like Kooshi I'm also playing Till the End of Time, logged in about 25hrs and still on disc one(Nel is so cool, Maria on the other hand sucks).

HOW CAN YOU SAY MARIA SUCKS??????????????????????? I find her very useful since she's an excellent range character. Two meatshields and her shooting everybody, that is great. Well, at least I find her useful.

Elite Hentai
Sun, 12-05-2004, 02:07 AM
I only play this game. The only Massive Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter: Planetside (http://www.planetside.com)

addicted since January 2004

Edit: I played the trial for the first time in october 2003 at my friend's place, but my old computer wasn't good enough to play it. Later I got a better pc.

basey44
Mon, 12-06-2004, 01:09 AM
argh, u have to pay for the demo!?

animefreak
Mon, 12-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by: kooshi

Like Kooshi I'm also playing Till the End of Time, logged in about 25hrs and still on disc one(Nel is so cool, Maria on the other hand sucks).

HOW CAN YOU SAY MARIA SUCKS??????????????????????? I find her very useful since she's an excellent range character. Two meatshields and her shooting everybody, that is great. Well, at least I find her useful.

I'm also playing this game, right now i am in disc 2 and is it way too hard for me to beat. The monster in disc 2 kept using attack that damage my MP and HP, and when my MP ran out i died. What even worse is you're only allow to have 20 items for each item. Oh, and i think Maria's suck, her attack is so weak but she sure is hot.

Aeon
Mon, 12-06-2004, 09:25 PM
What is this meat shield you talk of? Edited post to remove names i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

animefreak
Mon, 12-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Aeon, actually i passed that parts, the reason i didn't give the name of the monster its becuase i didn't want to give away the story for those who didn't play it yet, guess you give it away for those who didn't lol. The enemies i'm talking about is those Soldier from 4D world where their used their gun to knock you down, and those gun take mad Hp and there this metal Spider Tank(didn't know the name of it) kept taking my Mp.

Elite Hentai
Mon, 12-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by: basey_69
argh, u have to pay for the demo!?

No the free trial normally lasts 7 days but now it lasts 30 days. After that 'll have to get a subscribtion (or just download another trail i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif) Because it's an MMO game it frequently updates with more balance, live events, vehicles and continents (yes the maps and battles are huuuuuuuge) so download it and try it out! Maybe you'll see me online.

this is me

Server: Werner
Empire: Vanu Sovereighnty
Name: KentaroSan

animefreak
Tue, 12-07-2004, 10:06 AM
What is this meat shield you talk of? Edited post to remove names .

smart moved.

Aeon, did you beat this game yet?

Himura_san
Tue, 12-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Has anyone seen LOTR:Battle for middle-earth? This game looks awesome!! It uses the C&C Generals engine but looks alot better. Anyway I am looking to pick it up soon.

Aeon
Tue, 12-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Nah I refuse to move on till me team can beat the fighting tournament i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

Tofu #2
Tue, 12-07-2004, 11:37 PM
who here plays maplestory?

Jman
Fri, 12-10-2004, 04:00 PM
anime related game fans CLICK NOW! (http://www.the-magicbox.com/0412/game041209a.shtml)

chambers
Fri, 12-10-2004, 06:10 PM
my thats a good find, ive never heard anythign abotu this. hopefully the PSP will be region free like other handheld systems!!!

Jman
Fri, 12-10-2004, 08:55 PM
I wonder how this game (http://www.narutofan.com/image/images/Nintendo%20DS/jump_stars.jpg) will turn out too.

animefreak
Sat, 12-11-2004, 12:22 AM
That's an awesome site animemaster. I can tell the psp will be a awesome handheld system. The graphic is amazing.

Souryusen
Sat, 12-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by: animemaster
I wonder how this game (http://www.narutofan.com/image/images/Nintendo%20DS/jump_stars.jpg) will turn out too.

Interesting.. don't ask me how people like Naruto and Luffy can be expected to beat ANYONE from DBZ. Probably like fighting a harrier with a glock.

Elite Hentai
Sat, 12-11-2004, 01:22 AM
WTF, I saw Toujou Aya from Ichibo 100% in that ad! HOw will she fight? Accidently let a pile of books fall on het opponent?

TruthofMistake
Sat, 12-11-2004, 03:51 AM
lol i just got world of warcraft but i cant play it yet because my grades are shitty and my parents are control-freaks.... its cool though cause no matter what im an officer in the clan and im going to play religously damn im so ignorant when it comes to religion someone wanna tell me how to spell that.... so browser based games.... yes ims adly playing those now games.swirve.com/earth is actually midly interestinc especially now that i can nuke whoever pisses me off....

Kakafosha
Wed, 12-15-2004, 11:20 PM
i just posted these at my website and some other forums today. i decided to post them here at gotwoot too. its a bunch of free online games some you've seen/played before and some that might be brand new to you. anyways here you go:

KalOnline - http://www.kalonline.com

An oriental based MMORPG, I think its based on the Lineage engine...it looks just like it.

Gunbound - http://www.gunbound.net

A game where you get mobiles equiped with some kind of gun and you take turns shooting each other. You buy avatar (items), with the money you win after matches, which give you stats and a different look.

Soldat - http://www.soldat.prv.pl

It's a game comparable to worms from what I'm hearing, but I've never played worms. I played this game a lot its really fun and includes real guns. It's a 2D gun game and theres different modes like deathmatch, team dm, and capture the flag. Has an offline support with bots and you can set difficulties and the number of bots you want

Continuum - http://www.subspacehq.com

Continuum, aka Subspace, is a 2D game featuring fighting spaceships in...space! There a different servers with different mods making it a whole new type of game. I prefer playing on Death Star Battle (DSB), yes based on the DSB in Star Wars.

Mob-RO - http://www.mob-ro.com

Mob-RO is a free private Ragnarok server. They have some things not included in the original game and also have rates of 3/3/3.

Mob-L2 - http://lineage2.mob-ro.com

Yup, another private server hosted by Mob, but this time its featuring Lineage 2.

Priston Tale - http://www.pristontale.com

now for some stuff related to this topic. i finished hl2, i give it a 10/10 overall, good sound, graphics, story, everything...i just played hl2 deathmatch and its pretty damn fun and has some classic hl1 maps. if you have a crappy computer dont bother to try hl2 dm because you might as well make a slide of hl2 screenshots in powerpoint because thats what you'll be seeing.

things for my x-mas wish list is naruto 2 for ps2 and gran turismo was, but it's been bumped till next year.

EDIT: Fixed links

Jman
Tue, 12-28-2004, 01:26 PM
BUMP

TWO NEW GAMES TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

Here is a new image of Sony's PS2 action game Bleach, based on the hit anime of the same name.
This one looks different from the Bleach PSP game.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/AMaster/bleachps2.jpg

AND

new Naruto title for PlayStation 2, unlike Naruto: Narutimet Hero, this game will have more realistic graphics (i.e., non-celshaded) and it is not a fighting game. ty Bandai
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/AMaster/narutops2new.jpg

plz don't complain about the caps...
& save bandwidth by not quoting the pics

chambers
Tue, 12-28-2004, 01:39 PM
man i got a feeling that naruto will eithe rbe a lame ass RPG without an original sotry or a 3d platformer......but it looks good from that shot.

kooshi
Tue, 12-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Well, those screenshots look awesome, but the question is this: will the games be any good? Hopefully they will be.

kupalmaru
Fri, 12-31-2004, 10:29 PM
Is it possible to use an External Hard Drive(High-speed USB 2.0 connection) for PStwo.

Will you be able play a game from the external hard drive. My friend have an internal hard drive in his ps2. He just copy the game to the hard drive and play the game from there.

Souryusen
Wed, 01-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Holy shit MGS3 and PoP:WW kick ass. (especially the former.)

Deblas
Wed, 01-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Prince of persia: warrior within ROCKS!!! the game is amazing. it could really compete with halo2 and san andreas for game of the year

Ioz
Wed, 01-05-2005, 11:36 PM
not a big fan of gta any game should beat it for game of the year. but your right deblas pop:ww does rock and can't wait for resident evil 4

Souryusen
Thu, 01-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
Prince of persia: warrior within ROCKS!!! the game is amazing. it could really compete with halo2 and san andreas for game of the year

Maybe if it had the dialogue of the first game, the prince just grunts and growls now.

Besides.. MGS3 is game o' the year, dammit.

animefreak
Thu, 01-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Did anybody got the game Growlanser Generation? I'm planning on getting this game but not sure if it fun.

Aeon
Thu, 01-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Same, I plan on buying it this Tuesday along with Suikoden 4i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

animefreak
Thu, 01-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Let me know if it good. I'm planning on gotting Suikoden 4 as well. I was a little disappointed that ps2 didn't make a lot of RPG games like the ps1.

Souryusen
Thu, 01-06-2005, 08:02 PM
My brother got Growlanser.. it's fairly lackluster actually.

The first game in the bundle, Growlanser II, can be beaten very (and I do mean VERY) quickly.
Growlanser III is longer and the characters are at least a little less effeminate.

http://www.gaming-media.com/rpg/growlanser2/images/07-03-02/wein.jpg
Worst main character ever.

There are definitely better TRPGs than Growlanser. If you're bent on getting it then at least wait until the price drops.

Himura_san
Thu, 01-06-2005, 10:22 PM
I just had the oppurtunity to play half-life 2 on my friends new alienware system and all I have to say is Fucking game of the year!!
Holy shit the graphics are unreal!! The game play is excellent, although I did not get to play it through, but still very fun.
Anyway, as far as outdoor graphics goes, this one pwns! I would say indoor graphics Doom 3 slightly is better. The physics within the game is great too, all objects react very well within the environment.
Oh yeah, counter strike source is very nice, it just makes the CS game alot better with the new source engine!
Another game I had the oppurtunity to play was LOTR:Battle for middle earth, I am a big RTS fan and it lived up to my expectations as an RTS addict. The graphics, music, and game play is great. The only thing I did not like was the AI, I mean the hardest setting is pretty pathetic to play against. Me and my friends tried taking on all hards and it was a walk in the park! They should learn a little from Blizzard on AI, here's a hint give the comp twice the resources and have the bastard attack early and often! But that's the cheap way of doing it!

The next game I'll be waiting for!

Battlefield 2

animefreak
Fri, 01-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by: Souryusen
My brother got Growlanser.. it's fairly lackluster actually.

The first game in the bundle, Growlanser II, can be beaten very (and I do mean VERY) quickly.
Growlanser III is longer and the characters are at least a little less effeminate.

http://www.gaming-media.com/rpg/growlanser2/images/07-03-02/wein.jpg
Worst main character ever.

There are definitely better TRPGs than Growlanser. If you're bent on getting it then at least wait until the price drops.

Wow, the main character do looks gay, but what the heck i'm still gotting it since i'm a big RPG fan. I checked some of the other characters and they look better.

kooshi
Fri, 01-07-2005, 01:13 PM
YAY for RPGs! They r0x3r5 my 80xx3rs.

Souryusen
Fri, 01-07-2005, 08:07 PM
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4324615

Great price and free shipping on Resident Evil 4, folks.

kooshi
Fri, 01-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Damn, that looks like such an awesome game. Heh, wish I had a Gamecube.

Deblas
Fri, 01-07-2005, 09:30 PM
I do!! (laughs maniacally)

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 01-07-2005, 10:07 PM
^^ can't wait for Resident Evil 4 to come out, really want to play past the short demo I've played, plus seems cool. Besides, Best Buy was stupid and accidently advertised RE4 for $15 as a players choice game (2 for $30)(sure they meant to advertise first gamecube Resident Evil) so I went there and got a raincheck for it for only $15, so they saved me some money ^_^

Souryusen
Fri, 01-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
^^ can't wait for Resident Evil 4 to come out, really want to play past the short demo I've played, plus seems cool. Besides, Best Buy was stupid and accidently advertised RE4 for $15 as a players choice game (2 for $30)(sure they meant to advertise first gamecube Resident Evil) so I went there and got a raincheck for it for only $15, so they saved me some money ^_^

Damn... and I thought I was gettin it as a steal. That's some nice work there.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 01-07-2005, 10:13 PM
heh well $38 for a new game isn't bad so still good Souryusen. Just when I saw the add figured it was wrong but went to make sure, I actually asked the game department manager as well as people working there and they all thought nothing was wrong with the add, so took advantage of it.

Ioz
Sat, 01-08-2005, 02:37 AM
damn you all i have to pay full price for re:4 but it will be worth it.

kooshi
Sat, 01-08-2005, 02:38 AM
Lol, you guys are getting all your new games, I'm stuck with all my old ones. I even started to play FF7 again, hahaha.

Ioz
Sat, 01-08-2005, 02:41 AM
nothing wrong with old games the most recent game i bought was wild arms for playstation

kooshi
Sat, 01-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Oh no, don't get me wrong, there are many old games that are MUCH better than the new ones these days, but I just can't see how so many people are able to spend so much time and money on the new games coming out (like Halo 2 or Half-Life 2). I tried Halo 2, and it's not much better than the 1st, and I don't really like Halo. I really think it's an overrated game.

Ioz
Sat, 01-08-2005, 02:47 AM
agreed, i played halo 2 and its really not that great i have many games on my 8-bit nintendo that i would rather play

Aeon
Sat, 01-08-2005, 12:39 PM

I remember when that happened, sooooo many people were coming up to me about it that I had to print a sign saying it was a misprint.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 01-08-2005, 06:20 PM
lol Aeon, everyone I asked there said that the add was "correct" and "nothing was wrong with it".

kooshi
Sat, 01-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Wow, $15 for a new game. Jeez, even used games are like $20. VERY lucky.

animefreak
Sat, 01-08-2005, 10:13 PM

Wow, 30 dollars for 2. Why not buy 2 and sell the other to someone for 50 dollars. This way you make 35 dollars. How about this, you sell 2 for 100 dollars and buy another one for yourself.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 01-08-2005, 10:47 PM
heh because it was a temporary thing and RE4 isn't even out yet to have bought more then one so all i could do was put a raincheck on 1

Souryusen
Sun, 01-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Holy SHIT Prince of Persia is full of glitches. I'm at the end of the game and I hafta restart now cuz of an oversight on the designer's part. Pity they don't make patches for most console games.

Deblas
Sun, 01-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Holy SHIT Prince of Persia is full of glitches. I'm at the end of the game and I hafta restart now cuz of an oversight on the designer's part. Pity they don't make patches for most console games.

really.hmm. I didnt see any glitches when i played the game

Souryusen
Sun, 01-09-2005, 09:48 PM
There are several, including one where the Dahaka doesn't smash through a wall making it so that youcan't advance. Also there's a glitch where you'll turn into the sandwraith prematurely (towards the beginning of the game) and an additional glitch where the prince's body disappears leaving just two swords and a head.

These glitches may just be on the GC version. You can read all about them at the gamefaqs GC PoP message board.

The quality assurance folks must have been stoned.

NM
Sun, 01-09-2005, 10:21 PM
There are several, including one where the Dahaka doesn't smash through a wall making it so that youcan't advance. Also there's a glitch where you'll turn into the sandwraith prematurely (towards the beginning of the game) and an additional glitch where the prince's body disappears leaving just two swords and a head.

These glitches may just be on the GC version. You can read all about them at the gamefaqs GC PoP message board.

The quality assurance folks must have been stoned.

I've been getting some glitches on the PC version to (I have a connection that lets me use my PS2 controller as the joystick). The only glitch I have is the sound. The sound (including the voices) tend to mess up. Either that, or the sound just disappears. But when it happens, the voices and sound in the movie sequences work. I might buy the PS2 version but hopefully a patch will come up eventually or something.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 01-09-2005, 11:50 PM
I havnt played warrior within but in sands of time there were glitches... I got to one level and I couldn't find a box i needed to push into a hole to activate something... I restarted my game and when I got back to that level the box was there this time...

Souryusen
Sun, 01-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Yeah.. there is a voice glitch in the game too. Frequently the voice, text and facial movements will be out of sync. It's not terrible, just enough to be noticeable... and annoying.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 01-10-2005, 01:55 AM
Heh... Ubisoft were advertising over the summer for game testers... I applied but was too late... guess they got a crap team afterall...

kooshi
Mon, 01-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Strangely, I think the voices in games these days are not very good. The voices are either extremely annoying (ex. Star Ocean) or have bad voice acting (ex. FFX). It just kills me how a character can be powerful and skillful, but the voice absolutely sucks. Just my two cents, hehe.

Souryusen
Mon, 01-10-2005, 01:12 PM
The Metal Gear Solid games have exceptional voice work.

Deblas
Mon, 01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah.. there is a voice glitch in the game too. Frequently the voice, text and facial movements will be out of sync. It's not terrible, just enough to be noticeable... and annoying.

I have the xbox version of the game and throughout the whole game ive seen two glitches. one that a the sound of a switch that opens a door doesnt stop until after a while and in the hall where kailenna was if you go directly from where she was you bump into something invisible. overall i like the game. and halo and halo2 rocked also i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kooshi
Mon, 01-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Lol, I have never played the Metal Gear Solid games. Not my type of game anyways, RPGs, strategy, and first-person shooter games are the way to go, haha.
However, Halo 1 & 2 disappointed me. The arsenal is not that big compared to some games and the vehicles are just not fun.... well, except for the freaking tank. That is just plain awesome, hahaha.

Aeon
Thu, 01-13-2005, 01:19 PM
To Animefreak, GG is a great game (well 2 so far havent started 3 yet) and the multiple plot lines are cool. The ring system took some getting used to cause I didnt know how to change rings but once I got that sorted it became a lot more fun. Some of the battles put some very hard guidelines to to getting a complete on them like not letting 3villagers die while being surrounded by enemies or not killing 3 enemies when they already outnumber you. My story seems like I'm getting all the reject characters, I almost had a cool character I think since I had 2 scenes and a flashback with him but never saw him again and now I have 8 people i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

To ShinobiNeko did BB honor your rain check?

animefreak
Thu, 01-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Glad you got it Aeon. Damn, i won the Growlanser game for ps2 on ebay for 19 dollars including shipping prices, but Ebay banned the seller from processing because of fraud or something. The seller was new and had no feedback so maybe that's the reason. Its the battle system kinda like Lunar or is it a new style of RPG?

animefreak
Thu, 01-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Strangely, I think the voices in games these days are not very good. The voices are either extremely annoying (ex. Star Ocean) or have bad voice acting (ex. FFX). It just kills me how a character can be powerful and skillful, but the voice absolutely sucks. Just my two cents, hehe.

i agreed with you, they should've put in Japanese instead of English.

Deblas
Thu, 01-13-2005, 04:26 PM
well it was final fantasy's first voice acting. maybe they'll do better next time. I havent played eleven so i dont know if the voices were good

kooshi
Thu, 01-13-2005, 05:44 PM
They should just keep it in Japanese and just have subtitles. Even though the voice acting would sound corny in Japan, at least it would sound MUCH better here. The language makes everything sound so cool, haha.

animefreak
Thu, 01-13-2005, 06:04 PM
The only game that i know that talk in japanese with English subtitle is Dead or Alive, and it came out great. I love the voices of every characters in it.

Deblas
Thu, 01-13-2005, 06:34 PM
The first soul calibur was in japanese also

SK
Thu, 01-13-2005, 06:49 PM
so who else is getting x-box 2?

Deblas
Thu, 01-13-2005, 06:53 PM
sure as hell i ami/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kooshi
Thu, 01-13-2005, 10:05 PM
X-box 2 is coming out?! What the freak? The first is good enough as it is.

animefreak
Wed, 01-19-2005, 03:26 PM
i'm not a big fans of xbox, i prefer the ps3, but what the heck?? i'm gotting xbox 2 and ps3. After all, i wanted to play more Dead or Alive, all the hot girls and stuff, hehe.

kooshi
Wed, 01-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Lol, Dead or Alive is a great game. It doesn't have any of those fireballs or energy waves or such. Just pure classic fair fights.
Still, PS3 and Xbox2.... jeez. Eventually, they'll reach somewhere like PS73 or Xbox49, haha.

Deblas
Wed, 01-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Of course dead or alive is a great game. is not for the fighting only but its obvious that the designers made the girls....how should i say this....jiggle i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kooshi
Wed, 01-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Ah, jiggling + fair fight = awesome awesome awesome fighting game, hahaha.
But still, the King of Fighters and Street Fighter series are pretty good. It's just too bad that they haven't come out with a new game recently. Well, there is the new King of Fighters game coming out for PS2, I think. Can't wait to try that out i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Wed, 01-19-2005, 06:21 PM
i'd tap those polygons any day

Deblas
Wed, 01-19-2005, 08:45 PM
What about Prince of Persia 2. Thats a good game and I liked it better than the first cause its more hardcore

Souryusen
Wed, 01-19-2005, 08:46 PM
What about Prince of Persia 2. Thats a good game and I liked it better than the first cause its more hardcore

Heh, just scroll back a page or two to see some of the fun bugs that come with the GC version.

Deblas
Wed, 01-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Like I said I have the xbox version and i have only seen two glitches in the whole game

Hellraiser
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:44 PM
anyone here play runescape?

Turkish-S
Sun, 02-13-2005, 09:28 AM
no no runescape but prince of percia is FULL of bugs we changed our clothes all of a sudden don't know why the new charrecter has an handicap and a new ability it rechages the sand bals but it drains ure live litle by litle..

Souryusen
Sun, 02-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by: turkish-shikamaru
no no runescape but prince of percia is FULL of bugs we changed our clothes all of a sudden don't know why the new charrecter has an handicap and a new ability it rechages the sand bals but it drains ure live litle by litle..

That's a bug that happens when you go through the first time portal WITHOUT activating it. You need to load your game and activate the sand portal by running up the switches on the 4 pillars in the right order. You'll know the portal is active when you see sand start swirling all around it.

If you saved after using the portal then you're shit out of luck and need to restart the game.

Turkish-S
Sun, 02-13-2005, 09:49 AM
lol yep i'm shit out of luck

Deblas
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:53 AM

That's a bug that happens when you go through the first time portal WITHOUT activating it. You need to load your game and activate the sand portal by running up the switches on the 4 pillars in the right order. You'll know the portal is active when you see sand start swirling all around it.

If you saved after using the portal then you're shit out of luck and need to restart the game.

yea. i heard about that but i havent tried it myself. they're putting it as a cheat now instead of a bug

Souryusen
Wed, 02-16-2005, 11:51 AM
yea. i heard about that but i havent tried it myself. they're putting it as a cheat now instead of a bug

It's definitely a bug, rather than a cheat. When you turn into the Sand Wraith like that the Dhaka DOESN'T bust through the wall and creat a path for you... and you're forever stuck.

Also...

XENOSAGA II today. Here's hopin' it's a good experience.

Terracosmo
Wed, 02-16-2005, 11:58 AM
I finally ordered World of Warcraft, time to see if it lives up to the hype...

kooshi
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:08 PM
WoW seems a lil too hyped up. But then again, I never liked those type of games. Hehe, so many memories of my friends yelling at me when I fell asleep playing Diablo II since it was SO boring.

Ioz
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Umm...did no one play RE:4 it was the best game i have played in a long time.

Souryusen
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by: Ioz
Umm...did no one play RE:4 it was the best game i have played in a long time.

I played it... it was alright. Good fun but I don't think it's as great as all the reviewers seem to.

Aeon
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Xenosaga 2 battle system is hurting my head. I spent a whole battle trying to get my characters to perform a double attack like in the very beginning till I found out you have to earn the double attacks later on i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

Souryusen
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Xenosaga 2 battle system is hurting my head. I spent a whole battle trying to get my characters to perform a double attack like in the very beginning till I found out you have to earn the double attacks later on .

It gets to be real fun after you learn which characters go well together. It's absolutely great when KOS-MOS knocks an opponent in the air, combos the shit out of them and then MOMO comes in and finishes them off midair with her bow.

I just finished disk 1... I don't even think I spent 10 hours on it... sure hope I'm not at the half way mark already.

Aeon
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Sad thing is you are, this is suppose to be less then half the length of Xenosaga i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. And I just turned it off after 4hrs into it I still don't have control of KOS-MOSi/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif.

Hellraiser
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Anyone hear about some recall on XBOX wires made before October 2oo4?

jing
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by: Hellraiser
Anyone hear about some recall on XBOX wires made before October 2oo4?

I heard about that appereantly 70% of the wires are messed up. and you can get a free wire at xbox.com, they sure are going to lose a fuck load of money.

Haku no Fuyu
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:35 AM
@Kooshi: I thought that SNK went bankrupt! Did somebody else pick up the license?

kooshi
Fri, 02-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by: Haku no Fuyu
@Kooshi: I thought that SNK went bankrupt! Did somebody else pick up the license?

Eh???????? Urgh, I have no idea. Which game was I talking about?

Hellraiser
Tue, 02-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Can someone post a link to that Triple Triad game from FF8?

Aeon
Wed, 02-23-2005, 12:31 AM
http://ttadvance.com/

Souryusen
Tue, 03-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Devil May Cry 3 shipped today... anyone had the opportunity to play it yet? Looks like it'll be a good one.

Aeon
Tue, 03-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Souryusen(Minor Xenosaga2 spoilers)

When you went up against Orguello did it take you somewhere around oh lets just say 46min and 51sec to beat her? That split personality ***** was kicking my ***. On the up side it didn't take me multiple times to beat her.

Souryusen
Tue, 03-01-2005, 05:43 PM
I haven't had much opportunity to play XS2, as it's been an exam-laden couple of weeks for me. I'm only just starting the 2nd disc. I have a day off tomorrow so I'll probably play some XS and some DMC3.

kooshi
Wed, 03-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Hmm, my roommate has had FFX-2 for a while, so I just decided to give it a shot. The story and plot and such are not good, but I just LOVE the battle system. Revival of FF5 onto some of the greatest graphics offered, that is just GREAT, not to mention that you can chain attacks for more damage, bwahaha.

Assertn
Wed, 03-02-2005, 02:43 PM
anyone who owns an xbox needs to try otogi 2

Hellraiser
Wed, 03-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Hmm. I've played Fable once now and I'm wondering what a good or evil character really does for you.

Turkish-S
Wed, 03-02-2005, 03:13 PM
i have an xbox

Raven
Sun, 03-06-2005, 10:46 PM
*bump*

Mut
Sun, 03-06-2005, 10:56 PM
I think I have completely lost interest in most, if not all, games. However, I just download The Sims 2 to see if I can get back into it. I'll check this out later when I figure out how to install it... It just downloaded as bunch of folders so I guess I have to .iso it and then or something...

Assertn
Mon, 03-07-2005, 01:08 AM
i like playing games that are continuations of series im a big fan of....such as metroid, but other than that i usually just play multiplayer games to hang out with friends or some random game just to relax. Most of my freetime is spent "rendering," as my roommates have token it.....which can be just as fun as any game anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Souryusen
Mon, 03-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i like playing games that are continuations of series im a big fan of....such as metroid, but other than that i usually just play multiplayer games to hang out with friends or some random game just to relax. Most of my freetime is spent "rendering," as my roommates have token it.....which can be just as fun as any game anyway

That reminds me.. I still haven't picked up MP: Echoes yet. I'll probably wind up waiting till it drops in price... DMC3 is keeping me busy anyway. It's an excellent game, just challenging enough to be really fun. I haven't had this good a time playing an action game since ZOE2.

Has anyone tried out Star Wars: Republic Commando yet? I've heard from a few sources that it's pretty good and the screens look decent enough but I don't know anyone that's actually tried it.

Turkish-S
Mon, 03-07-2005, 04:56 PM
i've heard it sucked. they say it is like endless tunnels where u kill endless monsters nothing more.but this is just what i heard about the game.

Board of Command
Mon, 03-07-2005, 05:19 PM
I just downloaded this new adventure game called Moment of Silence. It's not getting much attention at all, but all the reviews have been superb. I'll try it out and see.

kooshi
Tue, 03-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Wow, so many games that I haven't heard of...... well, that's what you get for staying in your apartment all the time everyday, haha.
Well, after playing Tekken 5 so many times ever since me and my roommate got it, it is just an awesome game. Yeah, it's been out in the arcades for a while, but I never played it at the time. So many familiar faces as well as some new ones.
As for fighting games, what type of fighter would people normally choose?
1. quick and agile, but not hard hitting
2. slow and heavy, but hard hitting
3. balanced
I'd go with #1. If you can hit your opponent, they can't hit back, so if you can get a lot of combos in, they won't be able to do much. That's my perspective, at least.
It's funny though how guys tend to choose the fast female fighters while girls choose the heavy hitting male fighters. You'd figure that it would be the other way around, haha.

Hellraiser
Tue, 03-08-2005, 05:33 PM
The FF7 snowboarding mini-game goes mobile. Source (http://www.gamespot.com/mobile/sports/finalfantasy7snowboarding/index.html)

GhostKaGe
Tue, 03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
im playing all the Thief games at the moment never played them before deadly shadows is my fav so far

Psyke
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Wow, so many games that I haven't heard of...... well, that's what you get for staying in your apartment all the time everyday, haha.
Well, after playing Tekken 5 so many times ever since me and my roommate got it, it is just an awesome game. Yeah, it's been out in the arcades for a while, but I never played it at the time. So many familiar faces as well as some new ones.
As for fighting games, what type of fighter would people normally choose?
1. quick and agile, but not hard hitting
2. slow and heavy, but hard hitting
3. balanced
I'd go with #1. If you can hit your opponent, they can't hit back, so if you can get a lot of combos in, they won't be able to do much. That's my perspective, at least.
It's funny though how guys tend to choose the fast female fighters while girls choose the heavy hitting male fighters. You'd figure that it would be the other way around, haha.

Yup, it's #1 for me as well. As Capcom said in X-men COTA, Combo is the key. In any fighting game I would prefer the faster character with more chains/combos rather than the heavy hitting slower characters. I don't mean the bigger characters are weak in any sense, it's just a matter of personal preference and style.

Raven
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Just in case someone hasn't seen them:

Check out the Zelda videos (http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html), a new one has just been released.

It looks sooooo good. i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

nests
Fri, 03-11-2005, 02:29 AM
Hi resolution version is about (30MB) (http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/52937b07-384a-4364-b8fc-e6f11617d1ab.mov)
Man this game is going to kick some serious ass. cant wait

Aeon
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
anyone who owns an xbox needs to try otogi 2

On a scale of 1-10 how good would you rate it? I just found out I can get it new for under 6$.

Mut
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
Just in case someone hasn't seen them:

Check out the Zelda videos (http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html), a new one has just been released.

It looks sooooo good.
For what game system is this for?

Y
Sat, 03-12-2005, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

"GCN" and "Cube" are plastered in like 10 places on that link Mut. Come on now.

Deblas
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

ahahaha are you serious!?? ahh this is rich!! The system is gamecube mut, gaaamecuuube. you know, Nintendo. The ones who have been releasing the zelda games for years.

Hellraiser
Sun, 03-13-2005, 12:21 AM
Wtf does the "N" in "GCN" stand for? If it stands for Nintendo, shouldn't it be in the front?

Y
Sun, 03-13-2005, 12:37 AM
NGC was trademarked by someone else.

Turkish-S
Sun, 03-13-2005, 03:56 AM
maybe it's late but is gran turismo 4 good??

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 03-13-2005, 06:55 AM
helll yeah gran turismo 4 is the shit go get it

Aeon
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Everyone with an X-Box needs to buy Mercenaries, Otogi2 and Phantom Dust. With these 3games you can't get bored.

basey44
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:37 PM
why buy them when i can hire them from the local video shop and copy them to my hard drive, thats why i love my xbox so much more then a ps2, once i turn it on i dun have to get up to change games or watch a dvd, i can do it all by the control

Y
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:39 PM
why buy them when i can hire them from the local video shop and copy them to my hard drive

to not be a fucking thief.

Board of Command
Sat, 03-19-2005, 01:23 AM
Not everyone's generous enough to spend money on entertainment.

Turkish-S
Sat, 03-19-2005, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

why buy them when i can hire them from the local video shop and copy them to my hard drive

to not be a fucking thief.

lol like u never download any shit .
u just asked on another topic if anyone needed an ff iso.

basey44
Sat, 03-19-2005, 03:26 AM
lol Y like u can talk, anyway ive spent enough money on consoles, this is the first console ive had modded all others before my xbox i spent a lot of money on, and i didnt want to do that again

Turkish-S
Sat, 03-19-2005, 03:44 AM
lol Y like u can talk, anyway ive spent enough money on consoles, this is the first console ive had modded all others before my xbox i spent a lot of money on, and i didnt want to do that again

hey basey u can burn iso's on dvd-r/rw if u want??
why spending that much money on the video shop if u just can download all the shit...

Y
Sat, 03-19-2005, 09:32 AM
He asked for a reason why and I told him. The reason why I don't download all of my games is because you are supposed to pay for them. The only games I download are PC games if I can't get a demo, in order to try them before buying. Likewise for music.

However, I'm also generous, so I share.

SK
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:28 PM
^^^yeah sure
i just got gran turismo 4, its really good, my 97 supra rz has 869 horsepower. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

woofcat
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Well since you all love games check out. http://www.gamersalliance.org Its the Gamers Alliance Against Censorship. They are become a political group to fight those nasty bills that want to end gameing or in some way effect it.

Deblas
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Which do you think is best. MidnightClub 2 or Granturismo 4? I pick Granturismo 4.

Turkish-S
Sat, 03-19-2005, 09:14 PM
easy gran tusismo 4 ofcours

Psyke
Sat, 03-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Any one playing Devil May Cry 3? I'm playing Hard mode now, and have mastered Trickster and almost mastered Swordmaster. Finding it hard to level up styles, but I've almost bought all the moves and upgraded all my weapons.

SK
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: woofcat
Well since you all love games check out. http://www.gamersalliance.org Its the Gamers Alliance Against Censorship. They are become a political group to fight those nasty bills that want to end gameing or in some way effect it.

they cant do that its against the 1st ammendment here, gotta love livin in the usa.

ChaosK
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:55 PM
lol my bro recentally brought home my PS2 (he took it to college) and i have a mach-chip which enables me to play burned and copied games and i jus began to play Naruto 2. its kik ass even though i dont understand enough jap to kno wat i'm doing (graphics r amazing though)

Y
Sun, 03-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-

Originally posted by: woofcat

they cant do that its against the 1st ammendment here, gotta love livin in the usa.

Oh, to be so naive.

NM
Sun, 03-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Any one playing Devil May Cry 3? I'm playing Hard mode now, and have mastered Trickster and almost mastered Swordmaster. Finding it hard to level up styles, but I've almost bought all the moves and upgraded all my weapons.

Heh, I'm still on normal. I'm almost done though, mission 15. I've mastered SwordMaster and everything else is on level 2 (working on Gunslinger now). I've got all the moves for the weapons to (working on Beowulf now). I find mission 8 to be the best level to get red orbs. Its the easiest level to get an S rank and when you do, you get 5000 orbs each for the rank and boss.

Did any of you guys have trouble on Vergil? I imagined he'd be just as hard as Agni & Rudra but he was way more easy than A&R. The second time you fight him is a bit tough since he uses his Devil Trigger but he's still manageable. Come to think of it, after fighting A&R, I haven't even died on the rest of the missions.

SK
Sun, 03-20-2005, 04:09 PM
lol y your such an idiot, explain your point or dont bother dropping ignorant comments.

DO
Sun, 03-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by: NarutoMaster

Originally posted by: Psyke

Heh, I'm still on normal. I'm almost done though, mission 15. I've mastered SwordMaster and everything else is on level 2 (working on Gunslinger now). I've got all the moves for the weapons to (working on Beowulf now). I find mission 8 to be the best level to get red orbs. Its the easiest level to get an S rank and when you do, you get 5000 orbs each for the rank and boss.

Did any of you guys have trouble on Vergil? I imagined he'd be just as hard as Agni & Rudra but he was way more easy than A&R. The second time you fight him is a bit tough since he uses his Devil Trigger but he's still manageable. Come to think of it, after fighting A&R, I haven't even died on the rest of the missions.

Fighting Vergil the second time on hard is like playing the whole game blindfolded and no hands....

Y
Sun, 03-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
lol y your such an idiot, explain your point or dont bother dropping ignorant comments.

Ignorant comments like "No laws infringing upon video game sales can ever be passed due to the 1st amendment"?

No thanks, I'll stick to snippy replies that sail over your head.

EDIT:

Ok, trolling Sharingan Kakashi is fun, but seriously. Video games, more specifically violent or "mature" games that supposedly target a young audience could *very* easily be ruled non-protected speech if the allegations that they targeted children could be proven. Video games have been censored by the publishers themselves since the beginning of the home console industry, and this trend continues today with games like "The Punisher" that were censored before release to keep an M rating. In addition, laws affecting where and to whom games could be sold do not infringe on the freedom of expression, merely on the audience that said expression gets.

SK
Mon, 03-21-2005, 09:12 AM
the reason these senators get pissed is because the video game industry isnt set up as well as the movie industry is. the senators want a system in place to stop little kids from getting their hands on games like grand theft auto, not to bar these games completely. a publisher making the decision themselves to censor their videogame is very different from congress telling them to censor the game. my point in bringing up the 1st ammendment was that here in the us we do have that freedom, unlike a place such as denmark or qatar where cartoons are banned. obviously that sailed over your head.

Y
Mon, 03-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Oh, you sure got me! Except your extremely vague protests about having "that freedom" doesn't change the fact that yes, there are legislators who'd like to rule the entire medium non-protected speech and bar its sale. The fact that most senators don't push for a total video game ban stands, but that isn't because it's impossible due to the Bill of Rights, it's because there is no popular support for such a thing.

Raven
Tue, 03-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Y, don't argue with -Sharingan-Kakashi-, he has an IQ of 206, remember.

SK
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:54 PM
im not even trying to argue with Y, he is picking at small details which is a waste of time in my mind. btw if you dont think there is support for censorship of videogames and music, then maybe you should take a little trip to middle america.
back on topic, why is there no car damage in gt4?

Turkish-S
Tue, 03-22-2005, 04:16 PM
cuzz the real car "boss" don't want to see damage on there car's.
that's why there isn't any known car's in burnout and gta.

Jman
Tue, 03-22-2005, 07:42 PM
GamePro reported that Namco will be releasing Soul Calibur III exclusively for PlayStation 2. The game will have 3 new characters, with a 25 playable characters in total. There is a Character Edit Mode for players to create their own fighters. Soul Calibur III is scheduled for an Autumn 2005 release in US.
- http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Turkish-S
Wed, 03-23-2005, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by: animemaster

GamePro reported that Namco will be releasing Soul Calibur III exclusively for PlayStation 2. The game will have 3 new characters, with a 25 playable characters in total. There is a Character Edit Mode for players to create their own fighters. Soul Calibur III is scheduled for an Autumn 2005 release in US.
- http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

NOOOOOOOO i want it for xbox i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

basey44
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:29 AM
aw man i have the first one on dreamcast, it was awesome. the 2nd one on xbox was great as well. but this one sounds even better :'( but i wanna have it on xbox

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:46 AM
Woot SC3 and for PS2! Yay!

I have SC1 for DC and SC2 for PS2... I didn't like the bonus char in the PS2 version and overall I believe I liked SC1 more. But yeah fucking awesome series...

basey44
Wed, 03-23-2005, 04:06 AM
what character is everyones favourite, who did u master

i happen to be wicked sick with kilik on a DC control, lol hes so cool

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:36 AM
Siegfried ( ORA ORA ORA ) & Kilik are my favorites

Siegfried is #1 tho

Turkish-S
Wed, 03-23-2005, 07:02 AM
nightmare raphael and mitsurugi.

basey44
Wed, 03-23-2005, 07:50 AM
bah nightmare is just a siegfried clone, its been a while since ive played but isnt nightmare the corrupted version of siegfried anyway? just hes got the soul blade instead of that other piece of junk sword

interesting fact, the original game was on the PS1 and was called soul blade

Raven
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Comeon Basey, Kilik is just for n00bs who like to button mash. Anyone can be good with him. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I like using Talim personally, you can line up some massive combos with her if you know what you're doing.

kooshi
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Hmm, I never found Soul Caliber that much fun. It just didn't have the same feeling when I played Street Fighter, Tekken, or Dead or Alive.

Deblas
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:57 PM
My choice hs always been Kilik but sometimes I use Maxi cause if you know how to control him well, he makes some nice combos.

littlecooldude
Wed, 03-23-2005, 04:12 PM
It's all about Talim and Maxi. (I'm more for lots of fast hits rather than lots of damage)

basey44
Wed, 03-23-2005, 11:34 PM
thats right button bashing is for noobs, which is why i dont button bash i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
have u SEEN some of the shit that kilik can do, it makes ur head want to explode, or maybe i just favour him over everyone else, im glad he was kept in all the games

bump for kilik i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Jman
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Yet another Naruto game is on the way. This time it's a 3d action adventure/rpg. Click the link for the screens and info.
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0504/game050419e.shtml

Y'all might've seen this one but anyhow, here's the
other from a magazine scan (http://www.narutofan.com/image/images/NarutoFan/narutoadventure.jpg)

Ioz
Fri, 04-22-2005, 03:18 AM
did any one get fooled by the april fools joke about the zelda game

Deblas
Fri, 04-22-2005, 07:24 PM
The fullemetal alchemist game is pretty good. Though its kind of short.

SK
Fri, 04-22-2005, 07:26 PM
im downloading america's army right now, i heard its awesome.

Roko
Fri, 04-22-2005, 08:21 PM
yeah, america's army is pretty good, although I do not play it because I do not like games where you die, than have to wait for the round to end. On top of that, you can die from bleeding. I prefer mindless killing games. Anybody here play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory or Call of Duty?

Board of Command
Fri, 04-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Only problem with America's Army is that it's TOO realistic. Aiming is very hard, sniping is very hard, and the maps are impossible to navigate for beginners due to the size and complex layouts. Unlike Counterstrike, in this you go in buildings and there are multiple floors and secret passages and stuff. If you don't know the maps well you get raped. I used to play America's Army about a year ago until my computer screwed up.

Also, unlike Counterstrike, the games are very slow paced and once you die, you gotta wait an eternity for the next round. Americas Army is for the super FPS pros.

SK
Fri, 04-22-2005, 10:25 PM
wow i havent played fps's hardcore since goldeneye, been playing rpgs since then. now im sick of rpgs and ready to play an fps, i should probably jus pick up half life 2.

Board of Command
Sat, 04-23-2005, 09:40 PM
I just started Farcry last night. It's awesome. Overall the graphics aren't as good as Half Life 2, but that's because Farcry focuses on outdoor graphics compared to HL2's indoor/urban graphics. The landscapes are beautiful, so it's all good.

Also, Half Life 2 had too much close quarter combat that everywhere you go you're just blasting the crap out of everything. Farcry involves much more strategy and stealth, lots of stealth. It feels much slower paced, but much more fun.

Kezren
Sun, 04-24-2005, 02:57 AM
Loved Doom3 cant wait for the expansion. That and guildwars. Big fan of the pvp

SK
Sun, 04-24-2005, 07:15 AM
is farcry online?
and doom 3 is too scary for me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Aeon
Sun, 04-24-2005, 08:40 AM
I finally got around to starting Jade Empire for xbox, imo it's better then KOTOR. Now that I started it my currently playing game list has grown to 7.

PS2-Xenosaga 2, Madden 05,
PS-FF7(found it brand new for 15$)
XBOX-Otogi 2, Phantom Dust, Mercenairies, Jade Empire

Anybody remember the date that XBox 360 is gonna be displayed on mtv?.

Turkish-S
Sun, 04-24-2005, 09:07 AM
aeon is jade empire good??
is it like kotor?? cuzz i hated kotor, a bit 2 hard 4 me. way to many options.
but tell me how is the fighting system??

Board of Command
Sun, 04-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by: Kezren
Loved Doom3 cant wait for the expansion. That and guildwars. Big fan of the pvp
I heard Doom 3 sucks major ass. I'd get Guildwars if I somehow figure out how to withdraw some cash from my retarded bank account.

And yes Farcry has online mode but I haven't tried it yet.

And Aeon you still waiting for FF7? Man you don't know what you missed the past 7 years...

Kezren
Sun, 04-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Pah. Doom 3 Rawked. I was happy with it. Albeit the Multi player mode left much to be desired the single player was beautiful.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 04-25-2005, 09:33 AM
Single player was beatiful for doom 3 but when it came down to gameplay not much really changed from the originals. John Carmack would have learned so much more about game design if he didn't spend years studying light and shadow to make the doom 3 engine and just played the original half-life.

basey44
Mon, 04-25-2005, 09:56 AM
doom 3 was so boring i found, i got up to probably like the 3rd level, so i wasnt very far into it, but basically what i got from it is
-its dark take out the flashlight, oh shit a monster switch to ur gun and fire blindly into the darkness, yay monsters dead, look a pda, lets read it and find the combination to the safe to get the key to open the door. - rinse & repeat

SK
Mon, 04-25-2005, 01:16 PM
well my uncle really wants me to get world of warcraft...im not sure. i like pvp but i heard pvp on wow is kind of chaotic.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 04-25-2005, 02:32 PM
World of Warcraft is supposed to be a fantastic game. Hell I would have probably bought it if one thing didn't get in the way. The monthly subscription fee. Thats where I draw the line when I have to pay $10-$15 a month just a play one game. Screw that, if you ask me thats a bit to hard to swallow especially when you consider the fact that if you pay 50 dollars you can play all of the online xbox games for a year.

Turkish-S
Mon, 04-25-2005, 02:40 PM
tru.. does anyone know if the prices wil go down after a litle time??

Kezren
Mon, 04-25-2005, 03:19 PM
When it comes to MMORPG's the price a month rarely ever goes down usually it goes up. As for WoW it started off great until you found out that a few classes are broken and need fixing, and then pvp has more rogues than anything else, because they can stunlock you to death instantly. also customer service is just plain horrible. which kinda sucks considering how great a company Blizzard is. The Warlock class alone is so broken that a majority of the players that have that class have either quit the game permanently or rerolled another class.And if you play pvp expect to be ganked....alot..by high lvl people looking for honor kills.

Hence the reason I love guildwars, from playing the beta all the classes seemed balance, and being a higher lvl really doesnt give you much of an advantage over a lower lvl except a higher spell repotoir(sp?) and a bit more mana and health. Also I compare the strategy in it to building a magic the gathering deck, you have a max of 8 spells and you can multi class (max two) and from there on most of it is skill and strategy.

SK
Mon, 04-25-2005, 06:10 PM
i heard guild wars is a dark age of camelot wannabe

Kezren
Mon, 04-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Not really, course I never played Age of Camelot. but the game for one thing Has no monthly cost. you just buy it and play, although its not very time intensive. the lvl cap is 20. the story is ok not too bad but its mostly pvp that hooks you in this game. Like I said its big on strategy. there are the following classes. Necromancer, Monk, Warrior, Elementalist, Mesmer,Ranger. and each can do multiple thing. Like the Necromancer can make pets but can also debuff, leech, cast dots or even use corpses to make an aoe buff. and you can either have a pure class or choose two classes and combine them then use their skills as you see fit.

Psyke
Tue, 04-26-2005, 07:45 AM
XBOX 360's pics can be found at magicbox. I'm no fan of the XBOX though, which I must say again is a total flop in Japan. Hope Microsoft scores better with the XBOX 360, which looked quite cool. For me I'll buy whatever system which has support from SquareSoft.

basey44
Tue, 04-26-2005, 07:54 AM
well im gonna keep my old xbox, u can garentee that the ps3 and the new xbox will cost like a bijillion dollars when theyre released

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 04-26-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm not buying any next gen console until all of the cards all three competitors cards are laid face down on the table. I'm honestly hoping nintendo dosen't fuck things up with the revolution as badly as it did with the gamecube. Seems like there going in the right direction with DVD format, backword compatibility, and best of all built in wi fi support for online play. God knows how the hell it's going to work but a console with easy to use online play right out of the box with no extra wires is promising.

Only key franchise microsoft has for their first party is halo everything else just plains suck. Any of you looking forward to future instalments of brute force, crimson skies, or Mech assualt? I didn't think so. Microsoft did do a good job in securing third party developer support which helped them rivial sony. Although in the end PS3 is supposed to be much more powerful then xbox 360. I envision a similar senario to the one that happened with the dreamcast and ps2 with sony constantly showing off tech demos and encouraging consumers to wait for their super system as opposed to buying a dreamcast.

basey44
Tue, 04-26-2005, 09:16 AM
everyone join me, this is meant to be the xbox 360 site or something, and i wanna know what the hell it is. so join my colony, the number is 86009486 as seen in the thingy just below

Want to play a game? I'm inviting you to join my team on Colony. Go to http://www.ourcolony.net and enter 'play' into the empty field. When you're in the lounge, go to 'Join Existing Colony' and enter 86009486. See you in the game

sorry im not meaning to advertise or nothing i just wanna know wat the fuck this thing is

Turkish-S
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:41 AM
need a new xbox game can someone help??.
need a good real rpg. and yes i already have kotor1,2 fable and jade empire but they don't geve me the right rpbg feelin.
help me plz.

basey i joined but isn't this recruiting??

basey44
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:44 AM
go buy a snes and get an old FF game, that should fix u up, or even better u could get chrono trigger

Turkish-S
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:47 AM
i have played 2+3 and 5+6 is a remake(it is isn't it??) and played FF10 on ps2 @ a frend so the only 1 left for me to play on the snes is 1 but i don't want crappy graphics i want some realistic action.

Board of Command
Wed, 04-27-2005, 05:41 PM
but i don't want crappy graphics i want some realistic action.
You're the type of guy that lets Square make shit like FFX-2. It's not about graphics that make Square's games good, it's the gameplay and story. Ever since the debut on PSX, all FF games after FF7 were disappointing. FF8 coulda been very good, but they ruined it completely. Then came FF9 and FFX, which just sucked ass. Then came FFX-2, which is a disgrace to the FF name it holds.

Psyke
Thu, 04-28-2005, 05:01 AM
I've played FF 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, X-2. To me the only disappointment was FFIX. Lousy story and characters. FFX was a great to me. Yes I know, linear story, no hidden characters, etc same complaints. But I loved the story and the characters. FFX-2 was the first FF direct sequel, which tells you how successful FFX was. It was a very good game to me as well, and it dares to be different. Sure there will be people who do not like it, but I enjoyed every minute of it and logged 99+ hours for it, almost the same time I spent on FFX. What I want to say is that the FFX series were not flops and FFX-2 is not meant to be a traditional FF game, and it delivered in terms of gameplay and character development. Not much of a disgrace to the FF name if you ask me. It sold well too as least in Japan and Asia. Not sure how well it was received in the US.

GhostKaGe
Thu, 04-28-2005, 07:22 AM
loved all the final fantasy games exept 9 (the only 1 i never finished...infact didn't even get off the first disc before i got bored) and X-2 which i havn't played yet

chrono trigger is the greatest rpg followed by FF7, Xenogears and Panzer Dragoon Saga im also a fan of the Shining series

also i want them to make a Dragon Force game on the current generation of console or better yet pc
i know they've remade it for PS2 as part of Saga Ages Vol 18 but i want a totaly new version

anyone know anygood turn based rpgs for PC? im sick of this MMORPG crap

Aeon
Thu, 04-28-2005, 11:46 AM
need a new xbox game can someone help??.
need a good real rpg. and yes i already have kotor1,2 fable and jade empire but they don't geve me the right rpbg feelin.
help me plz.

basey i joined but isn't this recruiting??

Not really gonna get real rpg's on XBOX, the closest thing is LOTR The Third Age which is supposed to be a FF clone. I never played it so I dunno if it's any good.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-28-2005, 12:21 PM
LOTR the third age is nothing but a direct rip off of FFX. Steals the same battle system but inserts lord of the rings characters. LOTR the third age is such a bad idea for a game on so many levels it really does sicken me. God I hate EA but doesn't seem like there is anything thats going to stop them from dominating the industry for the next few years.

If your looking for an RPG on the Xbox maybe you'd like sudeiki? I heard it sucked though so it may not be your best choice. It's basically a non-japanese development studio trying to recreate a japanese made RPG. As you can imagine the results are less then spectacular.

Turkish-S
Mon, 05-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
LOTR the third age is nothing but a direct rip off of FFX. Steals the same battle system but inserts lord of the rings characters. LOTR the third age is such a bad idea for a game on so many levels it really does sicken me. God I hate EA but doesn't seem like there is anything thats going to stop them from dominating the industry for the next few years.

If your looking for an RPG on the Xbox maybe you'd like sudeiki? I heard it sucked though so it may not be your best choice. It's basically a non-japanese development studio trying to recreate a japanese made RPG. As you can imagine the results are less then spectacular.

yep its just like u said an non-japanese devolopment studio trying to create japanese made rpg. thay failed big time damn i played through the game in just 2 day's and it sucked 2 the bone. the only thing that was good were the graphic's.

Y
Mon, 05-02-2005, 05:53 PM
KOTOR is much, much closer to classical RPGs than anything Japanese dev houses put out.

Turkish-S
Mon, 05-02-2005, 05:55 PM
classical RPGs are turn based. and kotor isn't....

Souryusen
Mon, 05-02-2005, 06:32 PM

You're thinking in terms of a battle engine.

Glad to see your priorities are in the right place. Fuck the actual "role playing."

edit: Also, KOTOR is turn-based insofar as combat order, or turns, is decided via rolled initiative.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 05-02-2005, 07:41 PM
KOTOR is much, much closer to classical RPGs than anything Japanese dev houses put out.

ut oh. Y are you trying to instigate another east vs. west brawl?

Y
Mon, 05-02-2005, 07:43 PM

KOTOR is a turn based engine. If you save after every action your character takes and reload before the enemy attacks you can attack them infinite times, because you always get the first priority. It's only pseudo-real-time in that you have to queue up your actions.

Turkish-S
Tue, 05-03-2005, 01:52 AM
but you can set the turn based option off. you will never be able to do this with a real rpg like ff.

Y
Tue, 05-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Uh, being turn-based isn't the focus of classical RPGing. It's the focus of classic CONSOLE RPGs, but not RPGs as a whole. And turning off the pauses doesn't remove the fact that the engine is turn-based, it just hides it.

Console roleplaying games are exactly the opposite of what the phrase "roleplaying" originally meant. Instead of creating your own fantasy character and controlling their actions, you're acting out a predetermined script. While I enjoy games like this a lot, they aren't anything close to classical RPGs and I'm glad hybridizations like KOTOR appear to be moving in on their territory.