PDA

View Full Version : What series do you feel needs to have another continuation/prequel?

KameronFrye
Sun, 07-18-2004, 02:33 AM
Trying to skip the obvious ones, like Gundam + Cowboy Bebop and such. I wouldn't mind one for Hellsing and Berserk, but still...

I hate that Area 88 didn't make a full season, I loved the game/show.

I also wouldn't have minded some more Yugo Negotiator...

XwingRob
Sun, 07-18-2004, 02:44 AM
A contiuation of Full Metal Panic!
Fumffuo didn't really count. I want to see why some people are of the "Whispered".

Munsu
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:07 AM
You know I've been thinking of starting a thread like this for some time but havent... glad you started it...

here are some:

Dear Boys... they don't get anywhere...

Slam Dunk... i havent finished it... up to 98, but I hear that they also don't get anywhere...

Matantei Loki - Ragnarok - the ending suggested that it should have another season... i'm still waiting for it...

Hellsing and Berserk - everyone knows why...

Legend of Condor Hero - i read that the continuation will be out this fall or something.. I hope it is true...

I hear that Groove Adventure Rave doesnt finish the story... I barely started it though...

Hikaru no Go - i think they are going to continue to release specials... maybe an ova would be nice...

Hunter x Hunter - I really hope that the third OVA is not the final one

I also really liked to see more of Witch Hunter Robin.... I really loved the series... and the ending is tooo ambiguos

I agree with XwingRob... a sequel to the first series of Full Metal Panic... a real sequel

And the mother of all series that needs a continuation:

TWELVE KINGDOMS!!! - Although I hear that the reason they stopped production is that they need more material to work on so they are finishing the novels... I hope that is the case.... I need more of it!!!

About Area 88... I thought it was great as it was... great story and ending...

But sure I would have loved to have sean a full season of it... maybe drag on the story a little more... maybe get a little more in depth

That's all i could think of at the moment...

thundrakkon
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:10 AM
Vandread, Crest of the Stars, Ranma 1/2, GTO, Dual! Parallel Adventures, and Stellvia of the Universe. There are more, but I just can't think of them this late in the night.

XwingRob
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:12 AM
This just came to me.
Lets have a second series of Flame of Recca. Where it left off before it got canned.

Raven
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:16 AM
GetBackers really screamed for a sequel. There was even a hint of one, kinda. So many things were left unexplained.

KameronFrye
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:17 AM
I thought Vandread had an OVA series to it... or started, don't know for sure.

GTO, yes... I love GTO. The live action to it wasn't half bad.

I'm still digging on Initial D, that's a show which did me right all the way through current.

I'd like to see Macross Zero done over the entire Robotech series, do a five part series for each major arc... rawr.

Munsu
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:19 AM
I also forgot to mention Shaman King...

I want to see how a freaking Shaman King looks like!!!

About Crest/Banner of the Stars...

Although I loved the ending... I would really love a continuation.... I want to see them conquer it all...

I also want to see Jinto kick some ass also..

KameronFrye
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:22 AM
I think a Trigun movie would be nice, only if it included some Wolfwood action, though.

I also would like some Gekiganger 3(sp), the quality of the rips I saw for that were god-awful to begin with, but I suppose that would be true to the theme of Nadesco.

Munsu
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
GetBackers really screamed for a sequel. There was even a hint of one, kinda. So many things were left unexplained.

Crap... HOW could I have forgotten GET BACKERS!!!! Yeah I want to see a sequel and SOON!

Edit: I wonder who started the rumor that the crew was taking a 3 month break... pretty soon is going to be a year... Somebody better tell the crew that too much sun is bad for you...

Eurasian
Sun, 07-18-2004, 04:37 AM
HIKARU NO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started to lose interest and didn't get the point of it after epi 60 something. But then, it's still good and i still continue to watch the rest. I don't care...it's as if never ended. They really need to give a closure cuz it's such a good anime.

Even though the manga is out and stuff but KARE KANO!!!! i love that series and i don't understand why it wasn't that popular, thus they stop production.

Eurasian
Sun, 07-18-2004, 04:38 AM
oh, i didn't add. MIDORI NO HIBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't believe it was only 13 episodes. i thought it was like 26 episodes. So i think it's short and want to see more Midori and Seiji.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 07-18-2004, 04:54 AM
Definately Hellsing, also agree that Matantei Loki - Ragnarok should have another series.

Also maybe Fushigi Yuugi OVAs based on the novels that go into the different characters pasts

Also wouldn't mind more Vampire Hunter D

Munsu
Sun, 07-18-2004, 05:04 AM
Another one I think they can make a continuation about is Tsukihime...

I now there are some sequel games out there... they just have to be animated...

And I wouldnt mind some more GunGrave although the ending was one of the best in recent anime...

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 07-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
Definately Hellsing, also agree that Matantei Loki - Ragnarok should have another series.

Also maybe Fushigi Yuugi OVAs based on the novels that go into the different characters pasts

Also wouldn't mind more Vampire Hunter D

A D series would be cool, as would a second series of Hellsing...

One thing I'd really like to see is an Akira series, one that can live up to the manga better than the movie did.

I'd also like to see more of Pet Shop of Horrors as the OVA only has four parts...the manga is really good and has three or four parts per volume, so there'd be plenty of material from the manga to use...

It wouldn't hurt to make a sequel/prequel or whatever to Blood: The Last Vampire, there is the manga which is set about 30 years after the film but thats only short (like the film i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

Mut
Sun, 07-18-2004, 11:55 AM
sequal for fmp or fmp fumoffu, gto, gundam wing. prequal for cowboy bebop.

someone said something about pre/sequal for berserk. i don't think neither is possible since they've already explained all of gats' childhood and the series is still going strong.

Munsu
Sun, 07-18-2004, 01:16 PM
I dont think there is a room for a sequel for Gundam Wing.... and it did have a sequel

And a sequel for Berserk is a most... and mark my words... it will be pretty soon.... at least i hope...

It would be awesome if they animated the rest of the manga... at least a couple of arcs more...

Lefty
Sun, 07-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Iwould like to see GTO to have more an ending than him running away to the US. I want fucking closesure. Hellsing definatly need's a prequal and a sequal. I hated that ending. I heard rumors that another series of hellsing was in the works but I think it's just fanboy's posting thier wet dreams on the internet. another series that needs a another season. Canidate for Godess. I loved that series, and it just up and got canned. I want to see an ending or something.

kilzo
Sun, 07-18-2004, 02:55 PM
I'd be real interested in seeing a prequel to Cowboy bebop. More of Spike and Jet, how Spike and Vicious came about in the war, the whole story for it seemed alittle weak, maybe an ova? And i could always go for some more jazz action. To me it seems like Spike and Jet where doing that for awhile before they met up with the other 3.

KameronFrye
Mon, 07-19-2004, 02:15 AM
If they did a prequel to Cowboy Bebop, it'd be nice to see the husband of the Heavy Metal Queen be involved... hell, even on the ship for a few episodes or something. Same type of stuff, bounties with lack of benefits. It wouldn't be worth watching if all they did was actually catch people and not get shitty times in return.

I wouldn't mind catching Hajime No Ippo, can't find torrents for it and I've seen a few episodes of it, really liked it.

Munsu
Mon, 07-19-2004, 03:58 AM
Forgot to mention Air Master... there has to be more... the street fights where awesome... I need more Maki kicking ass...

KameronFrye
Mon, 07-19-2004, 04:04 AM
That just reminded me, I overheard somewhere a while back that there was supposed to be some kind of Fist of North Star prequel going on, but I donno if anything ever came of it...

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 07-19-2004, 04:21 AM
Someone mentioned more Yugo. I think it would have been nice if that anime was longers, so a continuation to it would be nice.

Koyuki
Mon, 07-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Yeah Get Backers. Love that show. And Peace Maker

Knives122
Mon, 07-19-2004, 12:22 PM
they need to make one of cowboy bebop(prequel) of when Vicious, Julia and Spike were in the sindicate or where ever else

XwingRob
Mon, 07-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
I dont think there is a room for a sequel for Gundam Wing.... and it did have a sequel

Yeah...the whole ending(of Endless Waltz) didn't really leave room for a sequel.
I think a cool idea...now don't kill me here...but it would be cool if there was a Gundam series where the humans are fighting aliens for once. Or maybe that's too horrible of an idea. /shrug

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 07-19-2004, 06:52 PM
I'd like to have been able to see more Battle Angel Alita as well, I really liked the OVA of that...but at least theres plenty of the manga still for me to read...

Destroyor
Mon, 07-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Please GOD damn it no ALIEN IN GUNDAM ... it would just ruin gundum and mesh it into a macross wannabe.

And yeah I want more Nadesico. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Lefty
Mon, 07-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by: Destroyor
And yeah I want more Nadesico.

Wasn't the movie enough.

KameronFrye
Mon, 07-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Nadesico was one of those shows when I first got into series that showed me that a show can be mean and kill a rad funny character at any time the writers saw fit. I liked that about it, despite that was nothing compared to the depth that FMA has taken that.

I think a series for Armitage, not like the OVA, could be kind of cool. Prequel or current from first movie.

Munsu
Tue, 07-20-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by: XwingRob

Yeah...the whole ending(of Endless Waltz) didn't really leave room for a sequel.
I think a cool idea...now don't kill me here...but it would be cool if there was a Gundam series where the humans are fighting aliens for once. Or maybe that's too horrible of an idea. /shrug

You know what.... that can be pulled off... But no crappy aliens... just aliens that look like humans... maybe like the Ahb in Crest of the Stars....

The story would go as always the colonies vs earth and then they have to band together, putting away their differences, to hold off the invasion or something like that...

bitwar
Tue, 07-20-2004, 03:22 AM
Hellsing... Yeah duh.

More Vampire Hunter D would be fun (they need to translate those books!!!).

More Ranma 1/2, like turn the last two volumes of the manga into a movie (almost had me in tears!).

More Battle Angel Alita (since the manga got fun later).

Continue/remake The Guyver, and follow the manga more closely this time (and get Viz to release the rest of the manga while you're at it!!!!!!!).

Make Akira into a series, the movie version was sort of comparable to the X movie, as far as what it was compared to the manga.

Darkside Blues (though I don't know if there was more to the manga or not...), it just didn't end well.

Continue BASTARD!!

More Fatal Fury might be nice too, make a full series out of it so you could have more characters worked in more smoothly. Have Terry recovering from his losses from the first OAVs and the movie for the first few episodes.

Dammit, do the last saga of Rurouni Kenshin justice!!!

Make Nausicaa into a full series to cover all the manga (SO damn cool!).

I think I've listed enough now.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 07-20-2004, 03:30 AM
"Continue BASTARD!!" <- Yeah that anime was interesting, just too short.

"Dammit, do the last saga of Rurouni Kenshin justice!!!" <- Also agreed, they really should have done the Enishi saga better than the little stuff they did in the last OVA

Cenion
Tue, 07-20-2004, 11:18 AM
A series I feel really needs a continuation is Ai Yori Aoshi/Enishi. It just ended, no closure or anything. Ah! I want more.

XwingRob
Wed, 07-21-2004, 03:17 AM

Originally posted by: XwingRob

You know what.... that can be pulled off... But no crappy aliens... just aliens that look like humans... maybe like the Ahb in Crest of the Stars....

The story would go as always the colonies vs earth and then they have to band together, putting away their differences, to hold off the invasion or something like that...

Yeah, that would work I guess.
I was just thinking of this the other day...because I don't know how many more times they can do the Earth vs Space colonies story bit(I don't hate it).
And alien mechs would give an excuse to come up with some crazy mech designs.

s0ulz x r3frain
Wed, 07-21-2004, 03:39 AM
GTO definately

ANTicz
Wed, 07-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Cowboy Bebop is perfect as it is, anything more would ruin it...
A FMP sequel is a must tho, they didn't really end it right...
Peace Maker Kurogane too (I wonder if Kenshin will appear? lol j/k)
Candidate for Goddess needs to finish up (but I think they ran out of money)
and ofcourse, the original Tenchi Muyo (I KNOW they didn't run out of money, maybe ideas, they made Tenchi Universe and some other crappy spinoffs, but I'd rather see the original)

joker-kun
Wed, 07-21-2004, 06:52 PM
I am too lazy to see what people already posted. What shows i think would be good as a continiuation are:

--> Trigun
--->Berserk, even though I wouldn't watch it
---->Scrapped Princess, even if it didn't have any fighting I would still like it[*loves Scrapped princess*]
----->And even though you said not the obvious ones...I still have to say Bebop[SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIKUUUUUUUUUUUUU!]

Eurasian
Wed, 07-21-2004, 06:55 PM
To whoever said Peace Maker Kurogane...right on. it felt like they will recreate a second season w/ the way it ended.

and seriously, how can i forget GTO!!! it left such an empty space. i always thought they will continue...since it ended on such an unusual number (not a multiple of 13).

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 07-22-2004, 12:32 AM
chrno crusade, they need to clear up the story, and hopefully they will if there is a second season for CC

hiddenpookie
Thu, 07-22-2004, 12:40 AM
GTO left u haging on a rope of death

Himura_san
Thu, 07-22-2004, 02:46 AM
Cowboy Bebop should NOT have a sequel or a prequel, it is fine as it is.

I think the obvious ones are Berserk since the animators did not follow the manga and left things hanging, and Hellsing.
The problem with Hellsing is that there was so much room for character development and yet it was cut short.

I also would like to see more Hajime no Ippo I am sure movies will come out in due time.
I have not seen the entire Kare Kano but I understand that it was cut short, hope they expand on it.

Outlaw star could use a nice sequel.

that's all for now.

bitwar
Thu, 07-22-2004, 05:15 AM
Didn't Outlaw Star have a sort of sequel/spin-off series based in the same universe? I forget what it's called now (Angel Links?).

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 07-22-2004, 11:03 AM
I would most definately love to see a prequel for Hellsing. Someone NEEDS to explain just how he was defeated. Another anime that I want a prequel for is Noir. The history of Soldats interests me, and With about 1000 years of history, there's plenty of stuff for a prequel. Berserk screams sequel, but a friend told me that in the manga, there were characters of such importance that had not been introduced in the anime, that a sequel based on what we've seen in the anime is nearly impossible. Also, Narutaru most definately needs a sequel. I feel so teased and blue-balled by how that ended (like...it didn't end).

KameronFrye
Thu, 07-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Heh, I know there's been no animated series to it at all, but I would nut over the opportunity to see an animated series based on Strider from Capcom. Some kind of friggin bad ass 24-esque setup of a total bad ass who just whips out the fury of hell with a massive sword and such. If they did one already, I'd get it. If not, they need to. Even just a movie, done like Appleseed (new one) would be more than enough, as long as they don't make it like Blood: The Last Vampire, which also needs some continuation.

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 07-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by: hiddenpookie
GTO left u haging on a rope of death

agreed, GTO really left u hanging, thats why im trying to get my hand on the mangas , a freind of mine said that it continues after so thts why ive been looking for them dled

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 07-23-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by: KameronFrye
Even just a movie, done like Appleseed (new one) would be more than enough, as long as they don't make it like Blood: The Last Vampire, which also needs some continuation.

Yeah one bad thing about Blood is that there isn't a great explanation of why the character does what she does etc...the Manga is set 30 years in the future or so but personally I'd like a prequel of that to show how Saya (or whatever her name is) got involved in killing the Chiro-whatever-the-hell-they're-called things in the first place. A sequel would be good as well, there is loads of stuff they could do with the characters and theme of the show so a 40 minute movie isn't really enough...

SasukesGirL
Sat, 07-24-2004, 04:34 PM
they need to continue full metal panic, even after fumoffu they didnt eve cover anything about the open ends from the first season.

mugen-x
Sat, 07-24-2004, 04:42 PM
GunGrave, GunGrave and ohhh yeah GunGrave . I just want to watch Brandon kick ass again.

Assertn
Sat, 07-24-2004, 06:57 PM
trigun and get backers

GLS
Sat, 07-24-2004, 11:38 PM
what about Dragonball AF? j/k, I remember when I thought that was real.

Trigun should have a movie for it. That'd be cool.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-24-2004, 11:47 PM
BERSERK!!! Though it will never happen, because it's just too gory.

Munsu
Sun, 07-25-2004, 05:35 AM
It will happen!!! stop jixing it

globefish_poison
Mon, 07-26-2004, 12:54 PM
hmm....perhaps kikaider? i know they made a few episodes after the first 13 (or was it 12?) and it explains what happens to the robot, but i want to find out what happens to the guy who made the kikaider robots and his children, they were a key part of the first episodes and they just dropped them.