PDA

View Full Version : Who here attends Anime Conventions?

KameronFrye
Sat, 07-17-2004, 05:17 AM
I've gone to AWA (Anime Weekend Atlanta)... this year makes 5 years, I think.

Went to MTAC (Middle Tennesse Anime Con) few years back.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 07-17-2004, 06:21 PM
I attend anime cons. I usually go to Sakura-con (WA state). Have went for 2 years. Also went to Anime Expo this year.

tensai
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:04 AM
i went to my first anime con this year
it was in california, in san jose
it was pretty decent, i wanted to stay longer, but most of the stuff was repetitive
the highlight of the whole thing was that i won this raffle and got to meet Nami Tamaki in personi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
thats pretty much it, and seeing some cute girls dressing up

edit: the name of the convention is fanime

Eurasian
Sun, 07-18-2004, 04:33 AM
I live in Southern California and i don't travel far to go to conventions, so I only went to Anime Expo. (ShinobiNeko, wasn't the expo this year great...despite registration) But Anime Expo really fills my appetite for anime. (Lots of cosplay...who ever invented a digicam that can fit 400 pictures is a genius)
This year is my first time in 3 years to go to Anime Expo. I took a break...I just lost interest in anime. Because of Naruto, I LOVE LOVE LOVE anime again. I was so excited to go again (and really glad to see a lot of Naruto cosplayers).

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 07-18-2004, 04:57 AM
Eurasian, Anime Expo was great. I've always wanted to go so got a chance to this year and it was worth it ^_^... but yeah the registration sucked though..even though I was preregistered had to wait forever to get my pass, but other than that, the cosplay, Ishida Yoko concert and other events was great, and of course the dealers room. ^_^ got a lot of Naruto and FMA things that I would never find back home

Varica
Mon, 07-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Anyone know of any in England?

Rock Lee
Mon, 07-19-2004, 03:10 PM
The last couple of years i have attended AKON in Dallas Tx. If you ever have the chance to attend go for it. Being a drunken security guard is great.

hikaru004
Mon, 07-19-2004, 05:16 PM
I go to AnimeCentral in Rosemont, Illinois. It's a good convention. No too many deals in the dealer's room this year, though. You should definitely stay at the host hotel, if you go.

NM
Mon, 07-19-2004, 08:49 PM
This year is my last year of high school (thank the Lord) so next summer, I'll be free to do whatever I want so I'll be checking out the Big Apple Animefest in New York. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any websites to get information/ticket info for these anime conventions? I've never cosplayed before either...Maybe I'll start simple with Netto Hikari from the Rockman.EXE anime.

KameronFrye
Mon, 07-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Most cons have a website, a simple google search should find it. Anime Weekend Atlanta is www.awa-con.com, I believe. Do a search on "Anime (city name)" and that should pop up any results. "Anime Convention/Con" should also do nicely. As for England, I can't actively think of any off the top of my head. AWA's dealer room last year was nice, but they didn't fill out the entire room. It was about 2/3s, but in all fairness it was the biggest room in the hotel, and massive at that.

lasaire
Tue, 07-20-2004, 12:05 AM
I'm going to try and make it to Anime Weekend Atlanta this year, and I want to get a table in Artist's Alley, though I don't know if I'll have time to ready enough work before the slots fill up. I'll be cosplaying Anko no matter what, though.

Darkflare
Tue, 07-20-2004, 12:07 AM
sounds like fun. too bad the neares convention to me is like 4 hours away driving o.O
you people should post up pictures you may have that are worth seeing $

Crymic
Tue, 07-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Ya this years Anime expo registerstation wasn't great. The previous years it's been alot better. They used to have computers that you enter your info and it would print up your info so the girl/guy behind the desk wouldn't really haveta do anything but take your money. Though the problem with Anime Expo is it's attracting more and more people. The dealers room is soo crowded now -_-. Great for business though.. hard on the customers. I could barely look at any booths good enough without some person jabbing me or sliding infront of me. Other then it was ok.. I mainly go just to see irc friends.

KameronFrye
Tue, 07-20-2004, 05:24 PM
I don't think I'll be cosplaying this year, out of energy to try something new... if you end up going, let me know. I think we have 3 rooms of people currently, and are trying to figure out where to keep the keg. =b

AWA has always been fun, though. I'm sure at a few points in the day, we will be in the gaming room, making little girls out of people who think they're good at Naruto 2 GCN. =b

Eurasian
Tue, 07-20-2004, 06:31 PM
i really want to cosplay. but making a costume takes so much effort. and i'm lazy. finding the material and stuff. there's this one girl who dressed up as Lulu for ff8, and she said she spend 2 freakin' years on her costume. i'm like "damn." my friend cosplayed and tifa and she waited 2 months for burgundy gloves on ebay. yah, i'm impatient too. some cosplayers are super dedicated.