PDA

View Full Version : dramaONE? and japanese dramas

Kitano
Sat, 07-17-2004, 04:55 AM
i just recently , as in a day ago got into japanese dramas.

now let me preface this with, i am a totally heterosexual male. i just happen to be a sucker for love stories, and or what most macho men would consider chick flicks. all the movies your girlfriends probably drag you to kicking and screaming, i dont mind watching.

that said, and you guys being all like "what a fag"

i read that there is a division of animeONE called dramaONE , and that they were doing a sub of the live action gokusen.

and also if this is correct and dramaONE actually exists, and if so, do they have an irc channel or website?

complich8
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:36 AM
for the most part, dramaOne will be releasing stuff in the animeone channel, because they are the same staff working on the same stuff, pretty much.

We just like to differentiate a bit, because "AnimeOne" has the implicit "We work on anime" declaration in the title. "DramaOne" implies "we work on drama" (more specifically Gokusen J-drama) and "MangaOne" implies manga (I think the main MangaOne project right now is Dear Boys manga, but I don't really keep track of that).

We're wacky like that. There's also an obscure little-known part of us known as "HonE" that works on softcore hentai, but that branch has been somewhat inactive in general (because most hentai has no story, so gets uninteresting to work on -- HonE's only projects to date have been collaborations on Futari H and Futari H 2nd season).

anyway, the "official" place for all of that generically anime-related but not-necessarily-anime stuff is still animeone's irc channel.

(and I'm a sucker for a well-thought-out romance too, just not a stereotypical crappy one like most movie romances tend to be -- gokusen j-drama is just really weird to me though).

Eurasian
Sun, 07-18-2004, 04:44 AM
Kitano, i wish i knew you. you and i would be tite friends. I LOVE DRAMAS!!!!
Even though i don't know about dramaONE, i do know this one site to dl japanese dramas.

J-TV DRAMA (http://www.jtv-drama.org/genre.php?type=jdrama)