PDA

View Full Version : 224 by inane is out

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 07-16-2004, 09:29 PM
go get it it at the place you usually get it

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-16-2004, 09:40 PM
So finally it's revealed. The reason why Itachi killed his whole clan was to obtain the Mangekyou Sharingan. And the reason he let Sasuke live was so that he could do the same. From the chapter I would assume that to get it you need to do this "special condition" their father mentioned. Killing your best friend would be measured the same as killing your family I guess.

Damn, that wasn't as deep as I expected it would be. But still, good stuff.

AND HELL does Sakura's ass look fine on the first page.

Coolman
Fri, 07-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Itachi is one crazy fucker.

Kill your best friend eh? So, Sasuke has to waste either Naruto or Sakura... not gonna happen, Sasuke hasn't even developed the Ninjustu or is it Genjustu portion of his Sharingan, he can't kill Naruto... and Sakura isn't anywhere nearby.. But still cool, although I need reasoning behind this.

Still... his eyes were pretty freaky shit.

Also, waht the hell does it mean he is taking a break for some research or something, no manga next week?!

EDIT: Terracosmo, you pervert, haha, although I don't disagree. He may/ may not have killed his clan for the Mangekyou. May have, because when he killed the other guy... the Mangekyou didn't quite evolve completely. Look at the Sharigan when he was looking at his father, and the one he uses on Sasuke.

makkura
Fri, 07-16-2004, 09:43 PM
i hope they are not stopping the manga.

it happened to hikaru no go and i was very pissed.

he just can't leave us hanging like this.

JusDaMan
Fri, 07-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Itachi got mangekyou sharingan before "the incident"... He probably got it from killing the other uchiha... from chapter 223.... i forgot his name. that was probably how itachi got his mangekyou...

Coolman
Fri, 07-16-2004, 09:50 PM
I believe in 223, he either didn't fully release the Mangekyou, or didn't let it fully evolve once killing the member. His eye looked different in 223, then it did in 224. Look for yourself, so, he killed the clan to fully evolve it.

At least thats my rough theory.

XwingRob
Fri, 07-16-2004, 10:56 PM
"There will be a stop in publishing due to the author collecting data."
What...the...heck?
How long is this data collecting gonna be???
Cuz this is gonna screw up the anime if this is going to be a somewhat long period.

Mgslee
Fri, 07-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Pretty good chapter, I'm fairly glad the stuff we already knew flew by in a couple pages.

Sasuke isnt going to kill Naruto to develop the Mangekyou Sharingan, hes going to due it like how most people develop special abilites in the series, by protecting someone important.

I can see it now, later on Naruto is in a bind (Itachi trying to extract Kyuubi?) and Sasuke will unleash the Mangekyou to save him... Perfect direction for the series IMO.

kenshi
Fri, 07-16-2004, 11:37 PM
hehe.... kishimoto is ecchi.... he is "collecting data"....

getting to 224.... it seems that itachi is the heir to the uchiha clan. i remember that kakashi mentioned something about this when itachi came back to konoha to find naruto. i guess this chapter clears that up.

also, i thought itachi purposely waited for sasuke... any thoughts?

benjaminz
Sat, 07-17-2004, 12:02 AM
maybe kakashi's best friend tried to kill him to obtain the mangekyou sharingan, but failed due to kakshi's super genius, and then gave his eye to kakashi in the end

okay nevermind im shootin crap

haha there goes the 'itachi is good' theory

XwingRob
Sat, 07-17-2004, 12:20 AM
Yep, it appears so. Now, I just need to worry how long Naruto manga is gonna be stopped.

benjaminz
Sat, 07-17-2004, 12:35 AM
does sasuke want to kill itachi to get revenge on his clan like he said so?
or is it because itachi is sasuke's closest friend and sasuke wants to kill him for the mangekyou sharingan? or both...? @_@
great chapter, since it explains more on what drives sasuke

Kumiriko
Sat, 07-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Well there is one bad thing about the pause. The anime will catch up sooner. Damn it. We finally understand why he is such a Loner.

justx
Sat, 07-17-2004, 01:12 AM
do you think that itachi didnt really fully obtain the mangekyou sharingan? maybe he wants to wait for sasuki to grow up and be stronger so he can face his beloved brother and complete the mangekyou sharingan tech. because sasuki is his brother therefor they might have the same abilities so maybe killing a stronger person with the sharingan can make the mangekyou sharingan tech go higher. because both are brothers they might aquire thru bloodline that they are both the best with the sharingan because sasuki is not strong enough itachi wouldnt be fully good with mangekyou sharingan so killing a stronger sharingan user can make the tech more powerful. remember on the chapt it said only few sharigan users can have master the ability. and technically itachi didnt really kill the whole clan, sasuki is still alive.

Eurasian
Sat, 07-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by: Mgslee
Sasuke isnt going to kill Naruto to develop the Mangekyou Sharingan, hes going to due it like how most people develop special abilites in the series, by protecting someone important.

I can see it now, later on Naruto is in a bind (Itachi trying to extract Kyuubi?) and Sasuke will unleash the Mangekyou to save him... Perfect direction for the series IMO.

Wow, that's really good. i could see it actually happening. But i don't see how using a mangekyou on another true successor of the mangekyou would do anything. but something close to that sasuke will go all out for naruto. this makes me like sasuke (cuz rite now i hate that bastard for leaving the village).

Kumiriko
Sat, 07-17-2004, 02:18 AM
I think the seal oro gave him is going to unlock it if not give him a stronger verson

Jakob
Sat, 07-17-2004, 03:04 AM
Who's to say the seal won't actually inhibit Sasuke from achieving Mangekyou Sharingan? I have no idea how that'd work, but i'm sure it's possible.

Raven
Sat, 07-17-2004, 03:34 AM
Man, bloody fantastic chapter. Suddenly it all makes sense. So it wasn't really as a 'measuring stick' but rather to increase his capacity i.e. to complete his new ultimate move. That's so cool. I love how the parts we've seen before fit so perfectly with the new parts.

So, I wonder if that means Sasuke won't just beat Naruto and leave, but rather will he try to kill him to gain the move himself? The plot thickens.

Damn data collection, we need more chapters now!

Mut
Sat, 07-17-2004, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
I think the seal oro gave him is going to unlock it if not give him a stronger verson

wouldn't happen. the seal has nothing to do with the uchiha bloodline.

so anyway... this is what I have come up with. so itachi killing his friend was to obtain the mangekyou sharingan. then he used/tested the mangekyou sharingan on his clan (obviously worked well). but i'm still confused on why itachi let sasuke live. so let's say sasuke does what itachi told him and developes mangekyou sharingan and then what? itachi is gonna fight him? itachi says that he will let sasuke live for his sake. what does that mean...? am i just totally missing something here that everyone else picked up or am i thinking too hard about this?

also, i hope they explain how killing the closest friend awakens mangekyou sharingan. and is it ever hinted or told that itachi's father knows that mangekyou sharingan has developed for itachi?

btw... how bad ass is itachi? his coolness level is off the charts.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-17-2004, 06:07 AM
Oh yeaaaah, damn, I'm stupid. Of course he killed his best friend for the mangekyou and not the clan. Didn't think of that.

Man this is good shit.

I guess Itachi wants to fight Sasuke or something later when they both have mangekyou... who knows... all I know is that it's kind of funny how everybody have been longing for the fight to begin and when the flashbacks are finally over Kishimoto goes to collect data lol

Hakeem_21
Sat, 07-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

so anyway... this is what I have come up with. so itachi killing his friend was to obtain the mangekyou sharingan. then he used/tested the mangekyou sharingan on his clan (obviously worked well). but i'm still confused on why itachi let sasuke live. so let's say sasuke does what itachi told him and developes mangekyou sharingan and then what? itachi is gonna fight him? itachi says that he will let sasuke live for his sake. what does that mean...? am i just totally missing something here that everyone else picked up or am i thinking too hard about this?

also, i hope they explain how killing the closest friend awakens mangekyou sharingan. and is it ever hinted or told that itachi's father knows that mangekyou sharingan has developed for itachi?

He said that he became Sasuke friend to see how big his potencial is so i would guess that he let Sasuke live so he can fight him when Sasuke gets very good so he can atleast fight against Itachi.

Mange Sharingan is essential to be a great Uchiha ninja so thats he want Sasuke to kill his closest friend.

Anyway it was a good chapter,i like how they set up Sasuke Vs Naruto,i want to see the Uchiha loser trying to kill Naruto.

Coolman
Sat, 07-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Again. If he fully acheive the Mangekyou Sharigan from killing his friend originally, why destroy the clan then? You could kill anyone if all you wanted was practice.

I think that he killed the clan to further develope the sharigan, because the black parts took up a bigger part of his eye when it was used on Sasuke then when he looked at his father.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 07-17-2004, 07:24 AM
He thinks Uchicha clan is worthless so why not train on them and see how good his sharingan isi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Coolman
Sat, 07-17-2004, 07:29 AM
He already knew their strenght. The friend he killed was one of the stronger ones anyways.

He either did it to push Sasuke for some other reason he was talking about near the end... or my theory.

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 07-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Well I give 'Moto a month to develop his ideas. I mean weekly must be hard work, even American comics is every 2 weeks if not delayed to a month(s) *cough The Ultimates cough*.

Damn, though, where is Sakura when you need her? Let him kill her off...

XForce
Sat, 07-17-2004, 10:16 AM
What if Itachi is just making this all up just to fool Sasuke? I mean how would he really figure out that, "Hey, you gotta whack your best friend if you want to develop the mangekyou" Maybe he's just trying to warp Sasuke into becoming evil like him.
I dunno, it just feels kinda suspicious to me in how Itachi said it to Sasuke. And he decided to kill off his clan because he never really liked them anyways and with his new-found powers he had all the reason to.

hopeknight
Sat, 07-17-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by: kenshi

LOL

I'm hoping it isn't a long break fro info gathering, it makes me worried that he might be preparing a major change in the series like a time jump. He could have Naruto and Sasuke fight, Sasuke leaves and joins Orochimaru, and then they could do a small time jump (like a year or two).

My reasoning for this:
- This info gathering break could be to work on character designs (new outfits and stuff)
- He could be running out of flashbacks, therefore by placing them in the story after a year jump, he could do more flashbacks for each character and what happened to them in the last year to show their development (for instance, instead of possibly showing Sakura slowly training, they could just skip the process and give us a flashback showing us her motivation to train, and a small amount of her training).
-The plot is moving too fast (I mean in a very broad perspective), just look at all the character development and plot twists that happened within one story arc (I liked it, others were just to impatient, and just wanted to see action). Having Naruto just jump stright into another adventure would seem really weird, a normal person would need time to recuperate mentally from a life or death struggle with their close friend.
-By doing a time jump, he could develop a lot of surprises for the next arc to keep the readers hooked into the story.

I'm really curious to see just what Kishimoto is planning for the next arc

FearTheMullet
Sat, 07-17-2004, 11:48 AM

I believe the afther said it can only be awaken under intense conditions, so kiling your clsoest friend could be very intense, yoy don't jsut go and kill a good friend lol. So thats how he awoke it i assume.

XwingRob
Sat, 07-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by: hopeknight

Originally posted by: kenshi

LOL

I'm hoping it isn't a long break fro info gathering, it makes me worried that he might be preparing a major change in the series like a time jump. He could have Naruto and Sasuke fight, Sasuke leaves and joins Orochimaru, and then they could do a small time jump (like a year or two).

My reasoning for this:
- This info gathering break could be to work on character designs (new outfits and stuff)
- He could be running out of flashbacks, therefore by placing them in the story after a year jump, he could do more flashbacks for each character and what happened to them in the last year to show their development (for instance, instead of possibly showing Sakura slowly training, they could just skip the process and give us a flashback showing us her motivation to train, and a small amount of her training).
-The plot is moving too fast (I mean in a very broad perspective), just look at all the character development and plot twists that happened within one story arc (I liked it, others were just to impatient, and just wanted to see action). Having Naruto just jump stright into another adventure would seem really weird, a normal person would need time to recuperate mentally from a life or death struggle with their close friend.
-By doing a time jump, he could develop a lot of surprises for the next arc to keep the readers hooked into the story.

I'm really curious to see just what Kishimoto is planning for the next arc

Yeah, I wonder if a timejump is for the break in publishing as well.

I think Sasuke and Naruto will fight. Sasuke will defeat Naruto and leave him for dead. Then the timejump happens.
But maybe Kishimoto is just having a slight writer block on how to conclude this saga...

dabby
Sat, 07-17-2004, 01:05 PM
sakura saves sasuke.
all of them grow up and have kids, so that Naruto Z can start.
the uchiha clan is no more, because sakura doesnt have black hair.

Stoopider
Sat, 07-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Yeah this is really intruiging. Whether Sasuke now, joining Orochimaru. Might he become a badguy and will he be hunting Naruto? Especially since now he has the cursed seal, which probably he has a advantage versus him? But then again. Sasuke never had a 'best' friend. I thought they both hated each other. So their not theoretically friends. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

I think it's good Kishimoto's taking a break. NOt too Long though. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Good to recap everything. So that he don't have any contradictions. It'll suck if he suddenly turns the whole story around, and says things like "It never happen, it was just a Dream".

XwingRob
Sat, 07-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Actually I disagree Stoopider...I think Naruto and Sasuke are good friends.
I mean...heck...Sasuke pretty much sacrificied himself to protect Naruto doing the Wave Country saga.

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 07-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Sasuke does a blow to kill Naruto then the Ninetails heals him

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Neji comes back and kills them both. ^_^

AlbinoFury
Sat, 07-17-2004, 05:31 PM
yeh neji will arrive and break out the mangekyou byakugan and put them in their places i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Cryogen
Sat, 07-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Great chapter. Itachi sure is bad as hell and shit.

Anyway... I think that _if_ Sasuke is becoming the the "evil" Naruto has to face, it'll be most complex villain in any manga I've ever seen. I mean with his brother being the ultimate badass ever, and if Sasuke kills Itachi just to get the mangekyu (yeah, that seems impossible, but who knows?) that could make some mad villain shit. Okay, now I'm just trippin'.

Maybe that's why Sasuke doesn't want any friends? Maybe he's afraid to kill someone? I mean, he's not on Itachis level, not even close... but it seems like he's maturing lately and reaching the point where he can kill his best/only(?) friend just to become more powerful. I think this manga is pretty complex for a fightning manga...

Or maybe I'm thinking too much about this shit ...

Coolman
Sat, 07-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Sasuke would kill anyone and everyone for power. Naruto will kill "evil" people, but when it comes to Sasuke, I doubt he would be able to deal that final blow.

jing
Sat, 07-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Maybe the sharingans can evolve even further when you kill a person with mangekyou sharingan. just a though..

Lithonite
Sat, 07-17-2004, 07:39 PM
i am wondering how this is going to eveolve from here- sasuke needs te mange sharingan to defeat Itachi- he was going to kill naruto on the rooftop after awakening from itachi genjutsu replaying "that day" in sasuke head. Naruto wont be killed by sasuke obviously so how is thie progression going to play out. Definately please with latest chapters setting this up.

immortality
Sat, 07-17-2004, 08:25 PM
naa..neji..go shikamaru...using some shadow moves to make them kill each other i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mut
Sat, 07-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by: Cryogen
and if Sasuke kills Itachi just to get the mangekyu

i'm almost certain that itachi is not the one sasuke has to kill to awaken the mangekyou sharingan because to even be on par with itachi you need to have developed mangekyou sharingan beforehand. so sasuke killing itachi for mangekyou sharingan is improbable.

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 07-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Mut@t@, the closest person Sasuke ever got to in terms of friendship was his brother... which means for him to obtain the powers of mangekyou sharingan, he would have to kill his brother (another incentive to kill him i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif). but he is nowhere near able to kill Itachi, like when he tried to use chidori and his arm got broken...

Mut
Sat, 07-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by: Kale Ironfist
Mut@t@, the closest person Sasuke ever got to in terms of friendship was his brother... which means for him to obtain the powers of mangekyou sharingan, he would have to kill his brother (another incentive to kill him ). but he is nowhere near able to kill Itachi, like when he tried to use chidori and his arm got broken...

i don't think you understand what i was trying to get at. to even attempt to kill itachi, sasuke needs have awaken the mangekyou sharingan before fighting him because sasuke will get owned without it. what is the point in fighting itachi to get the mangekyou sharingan if sasuke can't beat him without it?

it's like when you want to kill a person who has a gun, you'd need to get your own gun before trying to kill him because you can't kill him without it.

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 07-17-2004, 09:08 PM
i did understand what you were trying to get at, but you fail to realise that I said that Sasuke can only get the Mangekyou Sharingan by killing his brother.
also the in the last sentence, i said that he could not beat his brother.

Coolman
Sat, 07-17-2004, 09:09 PM
it's like when you want to kill a person who has a gun, you'd need to get your own gun before trying to kill him because you can't kill him without it.

Sure ya can. Just don't get hit.

But Itachi could be considered the person he needs to kill...

SK
Sat, 07-17-2004, 09:28 PM
all i want to say is, sakura's ass was HUGE on the first page.

Raven
Sat, 07-17-2004, 10:14 PM
A lot of people have been saying "Then why did he have to kill his clan to get stronger, why not just any random people?" It might be just down to a translation error, instead of meaning "best friend" it might just mean "someone very close" i.e. friends or family. So he killed his family to further improve the technique. Just a guess.

Mut
Sat, 07-17-2004, 10:42 PM
i did understand what you were trying to get at, but you fail to realise that I said that Sasuke can only get the Mangekyou Sharingan by killing his brother.
also the in the last sentence, i said that he could not beat his brother.

naruto would be a better and a more logical candidate since sasuke can't put a scratch on itachi until he developes mangekyou sharingan.

XwingRob
Sat, 07-17-2004, 10:50 PM
Yeah. Naruto is the key, I think.

chitgoks
Sat, 07-17-2004, 10:52 PM
i believe sasuke's closest friend would be naruto. remember, sasuke said "i dont want to see my cherished companions die". after reading chapter 224, i understood it will be naruto. sasuke cannot beat itachi without mange sharingan so it is definitely not itachi whom sasuke must kill

jing
Sun, 07-18-2004, 12:03 AM
Mutata is right.
You don't necessary have to kill itachi to get mangekyuo. it only says u have to kill a close friend. and Itachi did kill his close friend to obtain it.. it was the other guy that didnt go to the anbu meeting. naruto is sasuke's close friend, because when he was fighting gaara, sasuke tried to protect his loved ones.

FearTheMullet
Sun, 07-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Yeah, he may have to kill naruto. But, as much as sasuke fan boy want it. Naruto would destroy Sasuke. Sasuke couldn't finish off gaara, but naruto could after dealing Neji and intense beating. So unless he find another friend to kill or kills itachi, sasuke isn't getting Mangekyoku Sharingan anytime soon.

Kale Ironfist
Sun, 07-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by: jing
Mutata is right.
You don't necessary have to kill itachi to get mangekyuo. it only says u have to kill a close friend. and Itachi did kill his close friend to obtain it.. it was the other guy that didnt go to the anbu meeting. naruto is sasuke's close friend, because when he was fighting gaara, sasuke tried to protect his loved ones.

he just didnt want to see people die in front of him when he could have protected them

ohpeekaboo
Sun, 07-18-2004, 01:16 AM
A lot of people have been saying "Then why did he have to kill his clan to get stronger, why not just any random people?" It might be just down to a translation error, instead of meaning "best friend" it might just mean "someone very close" i.e. friends or family. So he killed his family to further improve the technique. Just a guess.

translation is very close friend, but i think best friend is a fair rephrasing.

also, thinking about it from kishimoto's point of view, he probably wanted the readers to think naruto when they read that.

i find the irony to be that itachi is chasing naruto for his own reasons and by coincidence, sasuke and naruto became close friends. i wonder what itachi's opinions would be on sasuke going to kill naruto in order to get his evolved sharingan... since he DOES want naruto for himself after all...

Kale Ironfist
Sun, 07-18-2004, 01:37 AM
when were they close friends? unless the banter is a form of showing how close their friendship is....

Mut
Sun, 07-18-2004, 02:12 AM
when were they close friends? unless the banter is a form of showing how close their friendship is....

sasuke and naruto are close friends. as much as sasuke ignores, ridicules, and is frustrated by naruto's strength, naruto is the closest thing to a friend he's had. he did risk his life for naruto.

Raven
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:21 AM
Maybe comrade or teammate would be a better term, but I guess they could mean the same thing. You can call them friends, and like Mut@t@ said Sasuke's never had anything this close to a friend before that we know about.

Kale Ironfist
Sun, 07-18-2004, 04:56 AM
the closest thing Sasuke ever had for a friend was his brother, Itachi... then all his thoughts of him being a good brother were destroyed when he saw Itachi commit murder.

AlbinoFury
Sun, 07-18-2004, 06:19 AM
yeh its pretty obvious thats its gonna kinda be a motive for sasuke trying to kill naruto, he wont succeed of course lol cause the manga is called naruto. I also think that itachi wont wisk in after the fight or anything crazy like some of you have suggested, to throw in itachi after this massive itachi fix would be somewhat anticlimactic.

Knives122
Sun, 07-18-2004, 01:44 PM
yeah, most likely Sasuke will fight with naruto and let him live, after he goes to Oro hell wait a while(time skip) and then go to kill one of his past close friends(whoever he felt a connection with) then he'll get his mange, b/c lets face it he doesnt need it Right now, Itachi isnt going anywhere(for the moment) in order to kill someone that strong, you have to fight with your mind not you muscles

Lefty
Sun, 07-18-2004, 02:07 PM
I dno't think Sasuke will go for Naruto, even he know's that naruto would put up to much of a fight, and the possibility of Naruto defeating him is a possibility. So I think It's Sakura that Sasuke will go after and try to kill. Let's be honest here, she is not the strogest of the bunch and he also implied that she was a precious freind as well. Also I think this would up the the level of tension between Sasuke and Naruto to an epic level. This would fuel and entire arc or atleast one of the best fights we will ever see in this series. It's all specualtion, so I could be wrong.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-18-2004, 02:18 PM
well, all of sasuke's years of being a jerk have caought up with him... now he doesn't have any friend to kill...

i liked the idea someone presented that Obito tried doing the same thing and that's why Kakashi lost his friends and got the eye...

and last thing, wasn't there a similar break last summer as well? somewhere at the end of Augost (serious spelling issues, sorry)? i don't think this vaction will take more than one chapter...

InnerSakuraChan
Sun, 07-18-2004, 04:39 PM
The break is probably just to increase the hype of the naruto movie, so people will have to go see the movie to get their naruto fix. it's coming out in august, isn't it?

as for the chapter . . . wow. didn't see that coming. even though potential plot twist are always discussed to death in thi forum, I love how everyone is still just as surprised when kishimoto pulls out another one - that no one saw comming. I can't wait to see the fight - its gonna be awsome.

mage
Sun, 07-18-2004, 04:58 PM
if theres going to be a time jump, this is probably the best place for it. then they can just show flashbacks of the fight

Lefty
Sun, 07-18-2004, 05:41 PM
I agree, I think this break is so Kishimoto sensei can take break and also slowly build the hype of this chapter and make worth the wait.

ohpeekaboo
Sun, 07-18-2004, 05:55 PM
i'm wondering if his break is more of a breather than anything else as some have suggested..

lookig back on the last month of manga.. there's been a lot of good stuff, but also A LOT of rehashing/retelling of events.. kishimoto's probably been approaching empty for awhile now (especially with the redundancy of the sound-nin four fights.. never want to see the formula of: fight -> curse level 1 -> fight curse level 2 -> fight -> victory through deus ex machina again)

though he will be very smart to use the break as a timejump or other plot device.. it might be a smart way out of the huge hype about the sasuke/naruto fight to not show it at all and just show it in bits and pieces through flashback over time... hmmmm.

Coolman
Sun, 07-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Meh, if he does research it will be good, he hasn't failed us yet. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Kumiriko
Sun, 07-18-2004, 06:28 PM
The seal on Kimi boosted his Blood limitation dint it?

Daigain
Sun, 07-18-2004, 06:43 PM
The seal boosted his chakra the additional chakra then boosted his abilites to use his blood limit.

Knives122
Sun, 07-18-2004, 06:44 PM
who cares,about him hes dead, its all about sasuke and naruto now, what will happen? oooooohhhh

Assertn
Sun, 07-18-2004, 07:33 PM
the point of killing your best friend for mangekyou is to throw away your feelings by killing someone whom you'd want to protect.....
Sasuke would not get this effect by killing itachi now, so im sure they were hinting more at him killing naruto or sakura

i think this chapter just screwed the animaters over.....
i went to all the scenes where he performed mangekyou in the manga, and it seems they cut away from itachi's eyes just before he opens them completely, so you never get to see his mangekyou eyes until this chapter.....however in the anime they show him do it each time and his eyes dont look any different whenever he does it. It seems kishimoto shouldve warned them that the view of his eyes were cut away in all those scenes for a reason

XForce
Sun, 07-18-2004, 08:50 PM
Haha I was thinking the exact same thing... But I guess the animators will have to hope that by the time they get to that part in the anime, that the viewers will forget about that little discrepency in the past, although most will probably do what you did and look back on the previous episode and find that no, itachi didn't have a funky sharingan =)

Kale Ironfist
Sun, 07-18-2004, 09:39 PM
i dont think the japanese tv watchers will even remember, unless they tape every single episode that was on tv, which is highly unlikely.

Assertn
Sun, 07-18-2004, 11:08 PM
yeah but you cant as easily forget the whole kaleidiscopic effect with all those 3 pupil sharingan eyes spinning around in circles when mangekyou was used on kakashi

Kale Ironfist
Mon, 07-19-2004, 12:03 AM
by the time they see what the mangekyou sharingan really looks like, they probably will forget.

mage
Mon, 07-19-2004, 01:27 AM
we haven't forgotten, so why would they? thats just dumb

Kale Ironfist
Mon, 07-19-2004, 02:06 AM
i meant that by the time they see it, anime style, they would've forgotten. think of the amount of weeks to between episode 79 and 100+. also we can rewatch easily, whereas they would have had to tape it to rewatch an episode.

Raven
Mon, 07-19-2004, 08:08 AM
But don't forget that a lot of them would be reading the manga ahead of the anime like us. So why would they be any different? A lot of them would remember just like us.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-19-2004, 08:35 AM
Continuity mistakes happen all the time, I know I don't care enough to really be bothered by them.

As for the impending Naruto/Sasuke fight, if Naruto counts as a close enough friend, Sasuke will destroy Naruto. Naruto has not killed a single person since the beginning of the series and that's probably the point of the whole story, not sucumbing to evil. Naruto would never be able to kill Sasuke, or even fight him too effectively, he couldn't even kill Haku after Sasuke was *killed*. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

kAi
Mon, 07-19-2004, 08:48 AM
actually Naruto was about to kill Haku but Haku sensed that Zabuza was in trouble and said "Sorry Naruto-kun, i cant die yet" and disappears to have himself impaled on Kakashi's hand.

thebaze
Mon, 07-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Who says there isnt another way to get mangekyu sharingan? Sasuke's father told him not to follow Itachi. Itachi chose an "evil" path and obtained it by killing someone close to him. Perhaps Sasuke will obtain it by protecting someone close to him. I think this makes the most sense considering Konoha's culture and what this anime's all about ;]

I find it entertaining how off people can be in their analysis of the manga. Good thing Mut@t@ and some others are here to put it straight. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Coolman
Mon, 07-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu
Continuity mistakes happen all the time, I know I don't care enough to really be bothered by them.

As for the impending Naruto/Sasuke fight, if Naruto counts as a close enough friend, Sasuke will destroy Naruto. Naruto has not killed a single person since the beginning of the series and that's probably the point of the whole story, not sucumbing to evil. Naruto would never be able to kill Sasuke, or even fight him too effectively, he couldn't even kill Haku after Sasuke was *killed*. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

Killing isn't easy. He would've killed Haku if he didn't stop him. He would've killed Gaara if he could stand.

Thebaze - Maybe, somehow I doubt it, cause it hasn't been mentioned by the father when Sasuke asks. The whole protecting someone important for Sasuke would be out of character, and if that is how the arc ends, I will cry.

BTW, srew Konoha's Culture, what does that have to do with anything. Not all Leaf-Nin's follow that.

I find it entertaining how off people can be in their analysis of the manga.

thebaze
Mon, 07-19-2004, 12:01 PM
I'm proposed a theory which nobody has considered in this thread. There is no definitive evidence counter it. I think that Sasuke vs. Naruto is the only obvious foreshadowing of the last ep - it's old news that they want to fight eachother. However, Sasuke won't kill Naruto, duh. So, I think the method in which Sasuke could obtain Mangekyu is yet to be seen. I also highly doubt he's going to kill Sakura no matter how much people want that to happen. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif On to an example of "off" analysis : I think people who said Sasuke needs to kill Itachi to acheive Mangekyu were extremely "off" i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif 1. Sasuke hates Itachi and no longer sees him as any sort of close friend 2. Itachi would pown Sasuke if he doesnt have the next level sharingan

Uchiha Shisui
Mon, 07-19-2004, 04:09 PM
First of all, protecting someone would not be out of character at all for Sasuke. He protected Naruto when Haku appeared to be going for the death blow. He, although psychotic at the time, protected Sakura from the sound nins when he first used his curse seal.

Second of all, Naruto would not have killed Gaara or Haku. He related with them on a deeper level, and wanted to bring them out of there situation. He wanted to show them that overcoming hatred and sadness can be achieved by believing in someone special.

I think that at this point, Naruto with the amount of chakra he's released at his max compared to Sasuke, and how much the Curse Seal raises his power, Sasuke outclasses Naruto. I know for a fact though, Sasuke won't kill Naruto. The manga is named after him, and despite what its seems like right now, he is the main character. This fight will probably be interrupted by an even stronger ninja/ninjas, such as Kakashi, Itachi, or Jiraiya. If its Kakashi or Jiraiya, Sasuke will use his level 2 seal and fight them. If its Itachi, well then all hell breaks loose.

{I'm starting to think that Itachi cares about Sasuke. I think he recognizes his potential, and doesnt want to see all that potential go to waste like " the rest of the clan." Everything he's done seems to have done with the intention of giving Sasuke a reason and a means to get stronger. Itachi could have kill Sasuke at twoo points. (the end of the clan and when he tries to abduct Naruto) However he tells him either how to get stronger or why he isn't stronger.

Sasuke is the way he is because the two strongest people he met also happen to be two of the most evil in the series. He wants this power, and the method that Kakashi speaks of seems not to be as effective. So Sasuke in his quest for power and revenge choses the dark side.} IMO

Dont flame me for it, just a thought.

Kale Ironfist
Tue, 07-20-2004, 02:16 AM
shouldnt you be dead?! j/k

anyways, Naruto would have killed Haku if the mask hadn't fallen off... think about it

Gods_Son
Tue, 07-20-2004, 04:09 AM
Nice chapter. Itachi kills his friend to obtain Mange Sharingan and then tests it on the clan, that flashback should put away doubts that he was one that killed the Uchiha. He left Sasuke alive so that he would train and become a worth opponent later on I suppose. I like the ending because it should mean that Sasuke will be treating the fight with Naruto as a deathmatch.

onlyelliot
Tue, 07-20-2004, 04:34 AM
did anybody else notice that right before sasuke started crying while he was attacking itachi it looked like the first swirl of his sharingan had started to develop
p. 17 bottom left corner

Kale Ironfist
Tue, 07-20-2004, 05:53 AM
no 'swirl' or 'dot' that signifies the sharingan there

onlyelliot
Tue, 07-20-2004, 06:27 AM
i guess that youre right now that i look closer its just a darker ring in his eye (see how there is a darker ring to left of his pupil) i just assumed that that was a sharingan dot because they usually dont show sasuke's eyes like that (pupil and all) unless the sharingan is activated otherwise his eyes are all black
my mistake

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Naruto would have killed Haku if the mask fell off, but if Haku wasn't wearing one, would Naruto have fought him in the first place? I'll say no, Naruto has morals like that.

As for the upcoming Naruto/Sasuke fight, anything COULD happen, I'll just wait and find out.

kAi
Tue, 07-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Why wouldnt Naruto fight Haku if Haku didnt have the mask?
he was just about killing Sasuke..
and he was with Zabuza who was trying to kill them before..?
what makes you think that Naruto wouldnt fight him..

Haku's mask falls off, Naruto stops his attack, Haku says Kill Me and naruto goes in for the kill, haku stops him and goes to kakashi and zabuza

i dont understand how you came to the point that naruto wouldnt fight haku if he didnt have a mask when he was about to kill him when he had it off.

This could also be similar to Kabuto.
Naruto didnt want to believe Kabuto is a traitor but is and still fights him.

Knives122
Tue, 07-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
Nice chapter. Itachi kills his friend to obtain Mange Sharingan and then tests it on the clan, that flashback should put away doubts that he was one that killed the Uchiha. He left Sasuke alive so that he would train and become a worth opponent later on I suppose. I like the ending because it should mean that Sasuke will be treating the fight with Naruto as a deathmatch.

Yeah that was pretty cool, but I already said the thing about it being a death match in the thread a little while back, but in a different way.

Mut
Tue, 07-20-2004, 02:02 PM
i want all the idiots who thought itachi was innocent to step up and admit your stupidity right now.

EDIT: if i was one of those idiots, why the hell would i have posted this...

retard.

kaigan
Tue, 07-20-2004, 03:53 PM
weren't you one of them?

Edit: because you are retarded

viciousHyuuga
Tue, 07-20-2004, 05:58 PM
HE IS INNOCENT! ........ he didnt do it the manga lies!! -- i beat some fool is prob thinking that,

anyway itachi is just a bad mofo killing everyone, after 224 comics i still think thats one harsh thing to do an people say this show is for 9 year olds,

but how cool did it look in chp233 when the 3 uchiha ninjas quickly turned around an all there eyes where in sharingan mode, an then itachi slaped them all. only kool thing he has done so far.

=)

Sharingan Osaka
Wed, 07-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Okay, enough lurking from me.

Been wanting to add my two.. *glances in pocket* okay, one cent to this conversation for a while.

On the subject of if Itachi is actually evil or such? I dunno, the magic 8 ball says ask again later. I'll admit that I do believe he killed the Uchiha clan and like the recent chapter suggests, it was likely to increase his overall capacity. Though that got me thinking.. does that mean the Mangekyu Sharingan grows stronger with the deaths of other sharingan users? Meaning does it mean the less sharingan users there are, the stronger it becomes?

Well.. maybe not. But it is an interesting thought to entertain as it would mean Sasuke (whom I really have no love for) would be possibly on par with his brother upon unlocking the Mangekyu within himself. Ah well, probably not but once more, makes for interesting thoughts for future conflicts.

Now, onto how Sasuke would unlock it. Okay.. common belief would be that he'd kill naruto. I personally believe that'd be the case also. As for how, I figured it'd go something like.. after the flashbacks were finished, Sasuke would mention how despite everything that's happened that he did consider Naruto a friend. Then he'd possibly go curse seal lv.2 and attack with the intent to kill him, wanting to remove that last piece of his past and unlock his potential.. well in theory anyhow. I'd guess that Naruto wouldn't be able to believe that Sasuke, the guy that just admitted he was his friend would now try to kill him. This rendering him unable to fight back, Sasuke would do something like hit him hard enough to send him falling to his doom (the most likely solution due to where they are.).

In my eyes, I think it takes a killer intent so strong that they're willing to kill their loved ones to unlock the Mangekyu Sharingan. I'm figuring that even if they didn't realize the person actually didn't die, like say in naruto's case.. but it appeared as such, that the mental confirmation that they killed a former loved one would possibly be the first step in unlocking the power. After all, Sasuke originally unlocked his Sharingan in a case of extreme danger to save himself and Naruto (my view on it anyhow). I'd think it's only fitting he'd unlock the other in a case of extreme violence in 'killing' Naruto.

Well, wishful thinking on most of this.. but here's to waiting for the conclusion of all these flashbacks ^^

JFDrummer430
Wed, 07-21-2004, 02:47 AM
I agree that it is probably unlocked not by the actual death of a friend, but by the assumption that you just killed them.

As far as "Meaning does it mean the less sharingan users there are, the stronger it becomes?", i dont agreee, cause Kakashi would be dead right now i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Baranthal
Wed, 07-21-2004, 03:19 AM
An interesting note is how Sasuke developed his sharingan in the first place, which was protecting Naruto.

I think it's pretty blatant that Sasuke will not follow in Itachi's footsteps and kill his best friend to obtain it. Why setup the tension between the two characters if you are going to make them a duplicate of each other. The reason why the sasuke - naruto tension works so well is how different they are.

XwingRob
Wed, 07-21-2004, 03:19 AM
Heh, you think there's a sharnigan for users willing to sacrifice themselves to protect people?(probaly not...)

Sharingan Osaka
Wed, 07-21-2004, 03:58 AM
In response to Kakashi being a sharingan user, I meant by full blooded sharingan users. Since it's common knowledge that Kakashi isn't a natural user of the sharingan, I didn't bother including him in my theory above ^^

kAi
Wed, 07-21-2004, 07:56 AM
With each Sharingan user gone the rest of the users get the sharingan stronger between the living ones...sounds like 'The One' to me (Jet Li movie)..
pretty weird idea...but i doubt its the right one.

Unlocking the Mangekyou Sharingan under extreme circumstances hmmm...this whole sharingan business to me sounds as that when put under extreme circumstances it just gets stronger..
i could be that itachi killed Shisui..obtains the sharingan we see when itachi looks at his father...then after he kills the clan he gets the even stronger mangekyou...or not.

coz sasuke developed his sharingan when he really needed it when fighting haku with naruto...but he only has one pupil in each eye...but has two in each eye as of now..cant remember how he gets the second pupils...might look up later..
i think sasuke will need three pupils in each eye before he reaches the mangekyou level. so he might get that later on and not now? under the circumstances that he protecting someone maybe..
dunno have to see what happens i s'pose..

Ryllharu
Wed, 07-21-2004, 10:03 AM
I believe that Sasuke and Naruto could fight, with Sasuke having the intent to kill him and knocking Naruto into the waterfall (to his supposed death). Intent to kill or belief that you had killed your best friend would probably be enough to awaken the Mangekyou Sharingan and is a very plausable plot twist.

kAi
Wed, 07-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu
I believe that Sasuke and Naruto could fight, with Sasuke having the intent to kill him and knocking Naruto into the waterfall (to his supposed death). Intent to kill or belief that you had killed your best friend would probably be enough to awaken the Mangekyou Sharingan and is a very plausable plot twist.

yeah i agree but what about mastering the sharingan before getting Mangekyou?
or do people believe he will go straight to the Mangekyou Sharingan and therefore have the 3 pupils?
im interested in pplz ideas on this??

Boogster
Wed, 07-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Naruto isn't going to die, obviously.

I'm kinda disappointed the 'Itachi is innocent' theories don't seem to have worked out - they were actually quite plausible at the time they were first suggested.

Mut
Wed, 07-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by: Boogster
I'm kinda disappointed the 'Itachi is innocent' theories don't seem to have worked out - they were actually quite plausible at the time they were first suggested.

they also seemed quite plausible to me too.

but that was after i had about 7 beers.

aznph8playa
Wed, 07-21-2004, 12:57 PM
There's always the chance that someone had possed as itachi and was just trying to awaken the power of the mangekyou. I dont know if someone has said this before but although it doesnt seem plausible I can still hope i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Anyhow, what do you think the itachi of the present wants with naruto and the nine tails? (Sorry if I sound like a newb... I am one ^_^)

Assertn
Wed, 07-21-2004, 01:29 PM
hey....maybe its actually uchiha shishui posing as itachi all this time!
maybe when people thought shishui committed suicide, he actually killed itachi and swapped his identity?

OMFG! THAT HAS TO BE IT

aznph8playa
Wed, 07-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Wow thats just a crazy idea... but you maybe on to something I guess. About the whole "the one" concept on the sharingan users, there is no evidence to such a thing and I doubt soemthing like that is true about the sharingan other wise it would mostlikely be true about other blood limits as well and other characters such as the bone guy (forgive me for not knowing his name, I'm horrible with names) or haku would have naturally been immensly stronger than they were and would have had no trouble with those they fought. Also are you sure that they cut the eyes off of itachi, Im almost positive that when he fought kakashi that he was shown with the sharingan pupils.

About Itachi being the one Sasuke needs to kill. That is just rediculous as many people have stated over and over, to recieve the mage sharingan why would Sasuke need to kill the one that he want the mage sharingan to kill. Like Kakashi said, after an avenger gets his vengence there is nothing left for him and there would be nothing left for Sasuke to do with such a technique if he killed Itachi.

Just a theory that no one seems to have mentioned... I think that Sasuke will most likely fight for or with Orochimaru and then leave him and never rely on the curse seal again just to have it awakened when he tries to fight with Oro, just like the examiner of the second examine had been implied to have had done.

Also no one has mentioned the possibility that Naruto and Sasuke get a draw sort of like Gaara's and Naruto's where both of them get knocked to the ground and are unable to move. Maybe at that time one of Oro's men would show up to take Sasuke back. Also doesn't anyone think it's plausible that Kabuto would leave Oro's side for a moment to find Sasuke and bring him back? or that someone else would interfere such as Kakashi?

One more thing on the new Sharingan. Sasuke didn't mention once that he wanted that Sharingan he only tried to look for different ways to become stronger. I seriously doubt that he is going to even do anything to develop the technique. Why would he, the person he despises above all others is the one who told him to do so.

Assertn
Wed, 07-21-2004, 01:55 PM
its true that haku may have been the strongest of his bloodline.....
and that kimimaro was the strongest of his bloodline......

but thats probably just because if they werent the strongest.....then we would never see who the strongest of those clans truly was.....
since both of those clans are pretty much wiped out

aznph8playa
Wed, 07-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Ya and that further proves my point. Since so many of their clans were wiped out they should have become god like but they are obviously no where near itachi's level. I think that most people have the right idea when they say that the mage sharingan is just awoken in violent and stressful situations such as proctecting someone or mass murder...

appelsap
Wed, 07-21-2004, 10:03 PM
whow really great ending for the flashbacks

i don't think itachi wants sasuke to be his enemy, this is from chapter 221:

"in order to overcome you barriers, you and i have to continue living together
even if it means hating each other
that's what being an older brother means"

i might be totally of tho

aznph8playa
Thu, 07-22-2004, 05:32 PM
i don't think itachi wants sasuke to be his enemy, this is from chapter 221:

Wow good eye for details. As of late I was thinking the Itachi just thought Sasuke was stupid and that it would be fun in some twisted way to watch him struggle through life hating someone who he could never beat.