PDA

View Full Version : Otogizoushi

Munsu
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:21 AM
OMG!!! My prayers have been answered.... Anime-Kraze just released the first episode!!!

First Episode by Anime-Kraze (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/[Ani-Kraze]_Otogizoushi_-_01_[B9504FA9].avi.torrent)

XwingRob
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:27 AM
What's it about?

thundrakkon
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:28 AM
Is it really that good? You seem so excited about it. I guess I will just have to download and see what it is all about.

Munsu
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:33 AM
To tell you the truth... I really don't have that much of an idea... other from what i have read from the other threads in this forum... I looks cool though... And I have been waiting for a sub version for weeks to give it a try...

It is another samurai anime... from Production I. G. (Ghost in the Shell)

XwingRob
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:35 AM
OHHHH! Samurai animes kick ass!

Munsu
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:39 AM
They always do... no matter how shitty it can get... Samurai animes almost always deliver...

Take a look at this links:

http://www.production-ig.com/ In English

http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime/Otogizoushi/index.html

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3972

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-16-2004, 07:12 AM
The exception would be Piss Maker Kurogay i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif (I made that nickname myself)

But other than that, I agree about samurai anime kicking ass! I just love that era. I wish I lived back then. Katanas, sexy girls in kimonos, sake... live for the battle, and die young! It's so cool.

Munsu
Fri, 07-16-2004, 07:17 AM
Yeah PMK was sucky... but it recovered somewhat towards the end... I enjoyed the series nonetheless...

I just finished watching the first episode... I found it incredible... some great action sequences... (talking about Otogizoushi BTW)

Eurasian
Sat, 07-17-2004, 01:17 AM
i agree and disagree w/ Terracosmo. i enjoyed PMK. sure, the story is bad but it had some good action scenes. an anime, to me, could either have a good story or good art (of course, both would be great). Yeah, i really like the era.

i just finish Otogizoushi and i really like it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif everyone should go dl it.

KameronFrye
Sat, 07-17-2004, 01:38 AM
Bud, I love you, and I mean that in the most heterosexual way I can say it between two people that simply watch too much anime. This show, is nice. This is what I need, more shows like this.

Watched some Madlax, the packs aren't downloading and I've been d/l'ing #2 for day #3 almost, already got 1, 3-5 in the meantime, heh.

Himura_san
Sat, 07-17-2004, 02:01 PM
I downloaded it and really did not watch it, but the show looks good.
Will watch it when I have some time.

Koyuki
Mon, 07-19-2004, 06:10 PM
It was a tad boring. But i liked the last fight. I'll watch more, just to see if it's worth it.

Munsu
Tue, 07-20-2004, 02:29 AM
I can see how some might find it boring...

But I like it... there are not many serious animes in current years... so if you dont like seriousness, historical refferences, and drama you wont like it....

Besides a get some of the atmosphere from the Kenshin OVAs... the seriousness and the cool fight sequences...

BTW episode 2 is out....

Episode 2 by A-Kraze (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/[Ani-Kraze]_Otogizoushi_-_02_[7FDB0184].avi.torrent)

Eurasian
Tue, 07-20-2004, 02:34 AM
Budweineken, u r so cool. thanx for the link.

their eyes don't take up 70% of their faces too!

Munsu
Tue, 07-20-2004, 02:51 AM
Yeah... I can see how some people when they watch this series and see the lack of characters with big eyes and a bubbly persolanity might dislike this series..

Eurasian
Tue, 07-20-2004, 05:26 PM
i totally like the drawing. it's realistic. it's fresh.

i really wonder what the guy with red streaks have to do with the story other than dancing. he's important, i can tell, cuz he was in that picture during the outro w/ raikou.

Munsu
Tue, 07-20-2004, 05:36 PM
I really liked the second episode (not as much as the first though) but it looks like the third episode is going to be awesome...

Yeah I have mixed feelings on what role he is going to play... nevertheless i am sure that he is very skilled

Eurasian
Tue, 07-20-2004, 06:08 PM
yah, i'm totally looking forward to the 3rd episode.

is sadamitsu going to stay w/ them the whole journey or just to raid tsuchigumo's place? during the preview for the 3rd episode, why did tsuna say that he has to protect raikou's identity? if they r going to only work together to get rid of the tsuchigumo, then i think tsuna has nothing to worry about.

WHO IS RAIKOU?? WHY IS SHE SO IMPORTANT???

These questions have really been bothering me.

Munsu
Tue, 07-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Not really sure why is the importance... but it might have to do with her taking over is brother's missing... I'm not sure, but is she taking over is identity?

Eurasian
Tue, 07-20-2004, 06:36 PM
yah, i also think that she's taking her brother's place. didn't he say that he's sorry that she has to do this for him...or was that my imagination? yeah, i can't really remember. please correct me if i am wrong.

Munsu
Tue, 07-20-2004, 06:45 PM
She is deffinately taking her brother's place....

what i meant was is she taking his identity... like using is name? I have to go back and check

Eurasian
Tue, 07-20-2004, 08:27 PM
yeah, i think so too. tsuna presents her as raikou-sama to that old man. well, it obviously can't be the female one...so i agree that she's taking her brother's identity. i guess for a woman to do stuff like that is "scandalous" back during the heian period. i don't know... I NEED MORE EPISODES!

Munsu
Mon, 07-26-2004, 09:33 PM
YOU NEED MORE EPISODES!!!???

Then get episode 3 now

http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/[Ani-Kraze (http://_Otogizoushi_-_03_[105634DB].avi.torrent]http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/[Ani-Kraze]_Otogizoushi_-_03_[105634DB].avi.torrent)

Eurasian
Thu, 08-12-2004, 10:04 PM
i saw epi 4. man, those bastards at the palace tricking honest citizens.

the dude w/ highlights...what's his name? Mansairaku?? man, can he fight. he dodges...but that's pretty impressive. especially his duel w/ tsuna. i thought tsuna was ultra strong. he defeated tsuna w/o breaking a sweat. hm...this dude...i like him.

Munsu
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:48 PM
Yeah he was way to awesome... especially when he struck the fan in to his throat...

And I love Sadamitsu... when he says that the sister is hot...

Eurasian
Fri, 08-13-2004, 01:29 AM
Yah, Sadamitsu...that womanizer. he even said they (raiko and hikari) didn't look alike. is he blind???

Munsu
Sun, 08-15-2004, 04:39 AM
Episode 5 is out... go get it

http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/[Ani-Kraze (http://_Otogizoushi_-_05_[0E9A1C73].avi.torrent]http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/[Ani-Kraze]_Otogizoushi_-_05_[0E9A1C73].avi.torrent)

Eurasian
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:39 PM
i just watched epi 5.

don't they suspect that raikou is a GIRL??? when she put on makeup

sadamitsu and tsuna...HAHAHA. Sadamitsu: "Don't make such a scary face." Tsuna: "i was born w/ this face." HAHAHAHA

omg...they were like Jesus...walking on water. that's very cool.

A LOVE STORY! or course, essential to most shows.

what's up w/ the ministers? r they trying to kill the emperor or save him? is seimei playing them?

Munsu
Mon, 08-16-2004, 12:06 AM
From what i get the minister of the left and seimei are plotting against the emperor from what i gather...

Yeah... I was like wtf they didnt realize she was a girl when they put on the make-up... not even when she took the make-up off... Sadamitsu is clueless

And the dancing dude... forgot his name... he is really kickass... he said he'll be back on summer or so... cant wait for next summer... when he jumped off the building it was awesome

Eurasian
Mon, 08-16-2004, 01:24 AM
mansairaku, yah, i can't wait for more scenes w/ him.

is urabe attracted to raikou??? or just kissing some ass. but she's pretty cool.

Munsu
Mon, 08-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Humm probably kissing ass... would be awesome if attracted also...

Next episode will probably go as her looking as she is betraying them.. then she for some reason decides to help them and she dies happily knowing that she saved a good person... or something like that...

What do you think happens?

You've noticed that we are the only to assholes still discussing this

Eurasian
Mon, 08-16-2004, 02:22 AM
HAHAHA! well, ppl r missing out on a good show. THEIR LOST!!!

i don't think urabe is going to die. she works for seimei, right? i think urabe plays a bigger role. i think seimei will do something (don't know what) to our heroes through urabe.

i can't imagine urabe getting captured. she seems tough. she probably got captured on purpose just so she can get closer to raikou. jk

hikaru004
Mon, 08-16-2004, 08:21 PM
I don' t think that Urabe will die either this early in the show. She's too smart and she's in the opening credits for the series. She seems to me to be a spy.

She'll prob intentionally get captured to get close to the other mystery on that island and to test Raikou.

I hope that there are more episodes with Mansairaku and Abe no Seimei.

Munsu
Sun, 08-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Episode 6 is out...

http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BAni-Kraze%5D_Otogizoushi_-_06_%5B12961B9B%5D.avi.torrent

Munsu
Tue, 08-31-2004, 03:59 AM
Episode 7 was good... that new kid was awesome...

wont say more incase someone hasnt watched it

Eurasian
Tue, 08-31-2004, 04:01 AM
DON'T SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hadn't watched 6 or 7 yet!!! i'm dling all the anime i missed during my vacation like a mad man.

Aeon
Tue, 08-31-2004, 09:27 AM
Bud did you watch it subbed or raw? Cause I just checked around and can't find a ep7 sub.

Munsu
Tue, 08-31-2004, 10:59 AM
subbed by ani-kraze

http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/

it's been out since saturday

Aeon
Tue, 08-31-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks for that, dunno how I missed it.

Eurasian
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
Episode 7 was good... that new kid was awesome...

i first thought that kid was annoying...after the bear overthrow or whatever...a whole new perspective on him. he's like superman or something.

was it my mistake or is there a something blossoming between urabe or tsuna?

Munsu
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Yeah... I thought so also... i hope that happens because it opens the door for Mansairaku

Aeon
Tue, 08-31-2004, 10:13 PM
Soon as I saw the kid I thought Luffy. And later on he started to act just like Luffy.

Eurasian
Wed, 09-01-2004, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Soon as I saw the kid I thought Luffy. And later on he started to act just like Luffy.

i'm laughing right now cuz ur so right.

Munsu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Lol about Luffy... they are indeed very similar....

http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/

episode 8 is out

Eurasian
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:43 AM
ur so on top of things. u r always the first to post when the new epi comes out. for some reason, i always find out a couple hours after u.

Munsu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:46 AM
not because i choose to.... it just happens that way... i would prefer if someone noticed before me a let me know

Eurasian
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:48 AM
I WILL TRY NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if i fail, I WILL TRY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've never seen a blonde happa before. urabe is one scary woman. poison, now bombs.

Aeon
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:11 PM
How long is this anime? It seems to be moving fast they are about to reunite all 5pieces and like Madlax I don't want it to endi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

Munsu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:20 PM
It's 26 episodes... so there's a lot more to come....

BTW did you watch Madlax 21 and 22 already? if so post something on the Madlax thread since it looks like you are the only person discussing it at the moment....

And in Otogizoushi... that small kid is awesome... he can take bombs head on and still leave without a scratch

Aeon
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:33 PM
YaY 26eps, I wonder where the series will go after they reach the capital, and that guy/girl with the mask seems creepy. He's plotting something when he gets all 5pieces. And I posted in the Madlax thread i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Munsu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:59 PM
I think he and the Minister of the Left (I think) are in it together... but I think that he will betray the Minister in the end for his own selfish reasons....

And I also want to get to the episode that they learn that Raiko is infact Haruka(i think that's her name)... i hope they dont keep it a secret forever

Eurasian
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:19 PM
OF COURSE! and she'll praised, like mulan. j/k

Munsu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:41 PM
It's just that i just watched a series that had the same dilemma but they never revealed the true identity which pissed me off... wont say which since i dont want to spoil it

Eurasian
Thu, 09-09-2004, 09:11 PM
the 9th episode came out!!!! Anime-Kraze (http://tracker.anime-kraze.org:8080/)

YES!!! i did it!!! i beat u Budweineken!!! this calls for a celebration!

Munsu
Thu, 09-09-2004, 09:51 PM
hahaha... i was just going to post right now...

See... Im not always the first... well maybe because im drunk... im going out so enjoy the episode... i'll probably watch it tomorrow

Eurasian
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:19 PM
u sure live up to ur name. well, i hope u enjoy urself and try to keep the floor clean.

i was really lucky. i went to the website 1 min after they put it up. but i'm still dling.

Aeon
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Ohhhh goes to get, now I have something to watch in the mourningi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Eurasian
Fri, 09-10-2004, 03:56 PM
epi 9 was a good episode. a lotta stuff went on.

hikaru and mansairaku met only 3 or 4 times and they r in love. that's something.oh! mansairaku appears outta nowhere. he's like ...uh...hm...a ninja. and that poem. that's pretty clever. hm...interesting. is seimei helping shutendouji? cuz that's what hikaru said but seimei called him a demon. and will urabe betray the team?

Munsu
Fri, 09-10-2004, 05:10 PM
i don't think Urabe will betray the team... i think it will be played out as if she is betraying but in the end we'll learn that she is not betraying....

As I suspected the Minister of the Left and Seimei have ulterior motives to bring down the capital...

I can't wait for the next episode... I think it will be one of the best for the whole series

Eurasian
Fri, 09-10-2004, 05:35 PM
when seimei first came out i thought he was a good man. but i shoulda known...w/ the evil mask of his. so u think seimie and minister of the left r working together?

did u have fun last night?i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Fri, 09-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah i had fun last night... not much fun at the moment (headache)...

I dont know if they are working together... but they did meet once in private... and he is the only one of the ministers that always goes blindly by what Seimei says... the other one asks more questions on the matters and seems less suspicious to me...

I hope Seime is not only a person that moves everything behind the scenes... i hope he is a skillful warrior also...

DraGunZer0
Fri, 09-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Downloading 1-9 (Always checking out new anime this forum mentions.) Hopefully this is good...

Aeon
Sat, 09-11-2004, 12:27 PM
This show is getting better and better. If I never joined here I would have missed this along with Madlax. I was a little pissed how they treated her when she returned. Calling Hikaru/Reiko a coward because he didn't bring back the last Magatama. I think if Urabe had any thoughts of betraying the team they left her mind when she asked if she would ever be accepted as part of the group and was told that she's an important member of the team. I didn't pay attention to the opening before Urabe joined so did it change since the first ep? Cause I notice that the dancer is in the op but not the strong kid. Also any speculation on the ninja girl?

Eurasian
Sat, 09-11-2004, 02:11 PM
yah, i was like wtf when they put hikaru on probation. i dno't even understand why. cuz she didn't bring back the fire magatama?! well she already said where it is. ninja girl just works for shutendoji. she was probably collecting info for him.

i don't know if urabe was in the OP or not. i don't think they changed it though. i usually don't watch it. well, mansairaku was included in the ED. well, he's been in the anime since the 1st ep, right?

yah, if it wasn't for budweineken, i wouldn't know about it either. i just remember he said something about samurai and i'm already drawn in.

Munsu
Sat, 09-11-2004, 05:35 PM
someone mentioned this series before me... so give all the credit to him....

Eurasian
Sat, 09-11-2004, 09:19 PM
AHAHA! ur so modest. ok then, i give all the credit to him.

Elite Hentai
Sun, 09-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the torrent. I was looking for a group that was subbing this great anime.

Mae
Sun, 09-12-2004, 10:46 PM
What a nice series... i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Sometimes I like the animation, and sometimes I don't, but the story is strong, and it is set in my favorite historical era, the Heian period (is it odd to have a favorite historical era? oh, well) Anyways, I am enjoying this one, so thanks guys for pointing it out.

Some trivia: I've seen a movie about an onmyo-shi called Seimei (can't recall the name of the movie), so I looked him up, and it seems that he is based on a real individual, link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_no_Seimei) and link (http://www2.kanawa.com/japan/figure4.html). In the movie he and his butterfly spirit assistant were working with a swordsman to save Tokyo, so he was a good guy. In this series he definately is working towards something, but so far (ep 5) I can't tell whose side he's on.

animefreak
Sun, 09-12-2004, 10:53 PM
well...is seem alots of ppl are interested in this anime, guess i will give it a try and dl episode1 from it. i would have dl a long ago if i can cuz i only check on animesuki and they didn't seem to put the dl link there. From 1-10 how much do all ppl who watch this anime rated?

Eurasian
Sun, 09-12-2004, 11:01 PM
if 10 is the most, then i give it a 9.

just click on those links to dl. the only reason i can think of that animesuki didn't put it on is cuz it's licensed, even though i hadn't heard of anything about it being licensed.

Munsu
Mon, 09-13-2004, 12:58 AM
it was licensed even before it started airing so that's probably why you havent heard of any anouncements or anything....

animefreak
Mon, 09-13-2004, 12:06 PM
yea...but i thaught fansubs only sub anime that haven't been licence so y anime-kraze fansub it? oh yea, i check out the first epi of it and is was good but a little confusing to understand all the characters since is didn't really explain all in detail.

Munsu
Mon, 09-13-2004, 12:28 PM
nope that's not true at all... fansubs sub whatever they want... but there are some groups that choose not to do so

thundrakkon
Mon, 09-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi guys and gals. I haven't really watched this series yet, since the animation kind of turned me when I was skimming through the first episode. It seems you guys really like this, and I haven't thoroughly read all the comments on this thread (just skimmed through to avoid spoilers).

Storywise, Eurasian gave it a 9 out of 10, so that's a pretty good sign. I am wondering how this compares to other shows, since I might start watching. What similarities does it have and how is better/worse? Examples could be Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7, PMK, Samurai X, and Shura no Toki. Thanks

Eurasian
Mon, 09-13-2004, 04:32 PM
it's definitely not as uhm...how would u put it...radical and unusual as Samurai Champloo. i mean samurai champloo has like break dancing moves. nothing like that in otogizoushi. it's more serious kind of anime BUT they have subtle humor. dude, this is hard to explain. someone help me out!! it's good. just watch it.

Elite Hentai
Tue, 09-14-2004, 12:11 AM
I've only seen the first 3 eps but I like it very much.

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 01:15 AM
Episode 10 is out already!!! JOY!!!
Anime-Kraze (http://tracker.anime-kraze.org:8080/)
Link if u need it. but it's everywhere in this thread.

Aeon
Wed, 09-15-2004, 01:36 AM
Ohhh hope we get to see more Ninja girl in this one.

animefreak
Wed, 09-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Is this anime base on a China history or Japan history? are they even in a history? someone help me out....

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Japan History. they r in the heian period. (if u watch HnG, that's the time period sai's from. that's how i got familiar w/ the heian period) check the date, i think it's like 900 or 1000 AD.

EDIT: *****spoiler******
wtf...u know there was a thread that supernatural beings ruin the anime. yah, wtf is w/ shuten. that's not normal steroids he's on. i'm pretty sure he turned into a demon of some sort.

AND!!!! who said urabe wouldn't betray the team?!?! i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif so the true antagonist in this anime is seimei, uh?

animefreak
Wed, 09-15-2004, 07:10 PM
i am not familiar with japan history....but this anime look like is was from china...since the clothing look china and not much of a samurai.

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:03 PM
oh! i c what u mean. but the ppl in the palace wear what's more familiar as japanese type clothing.

Aeon
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Just watched the ep(spoilers)

wtf...u know there was a thread that supernatural beings ruin the anime. yah, wtf is w/ shuten. that's not normal steroids he's on. i'm pretty sure he turned into a demon of some sort.AND!!!! who said urabe wouldn't betray the team?!?! so the true antagonist in this anime is seimei, uh?

That would be me i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif, I really thought the fact that she was told that she was an important member to the team would overcome her betrayal. And they killed ninja girl before she got to do anything cool i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif. And was it just me or did Shuten hair color switch during the ep from blonde to gray? And yea that demon ruined the ep, I hope they don't plan on making more.

Eurasian
Thu, 09-16-2004, 02:56 PM
that's ok. i also thought urabe wouldn't betray the team cuz what u said made sense. she seemed really touched when they say she was part of the team. i wonder what they'll do to her when they meet her again. or maybe urabe is pretending to be on seimei's side but she's actually on their side. what is that called...uhm...double crossing right?

Munsu
Thu, 09-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Hahahah... I was right... Urabe did betray... but you'll see that in the end she'll make everything right... she might even lose her life in the process...

And no... I always saw Shuten's hair color as gray.... I never saw it blonde...

Eurasian
Thu, 09-16-2004, 08:52 PM
oh~ yah that's good. storywise that'll be good.

i didn't notice his hair...i noticed that his body size increased...tremendously. i hate that part.

animefreak
Fri, 09-17-2004, 02:56 PM
i even find that the palace also look like China too...kinda like that Once upon a time in china movie.

Elite Hentai
Fri, 09-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Finally they showed a real demon. Now we can start calling it an otogi (fairytale).

Eurasian
Fri, 09-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by: animefreak
i even find that the palace also look like China too...kinda like that Once upon a time in china movie.

well, the japanese did come from china...even though it was a LONG time ago, the influence is still there.

animefreak
Fri, 09-17-2004, 08:29 PM
wow Eurasian u did your homework for me lol. I didn't know china used to influence japan.

Eurasian
Fri, 09-17-2004, 09:15 PM
koreans and japanese all came from china...LONG LONG ago. u can't say really say "china used to influence japan" but the japanese were orginally from china. they even have chinese characters aka kanji. many japanese words sound like chinese words.

Mae
Mon, 09-27-2004, 10:19 PM
I finally caught up with this series! (Yay! It was worth it.)

As to the Chinese/Japanese influence: Yes, China influence Japan quite a bit. The two nations are right next to each other and traded extensively. In the Heian era Chinese things were kind of a fad, and people quoted Chinese poems and imported Chinese art. People who thought the were sophisticated even wrote in Chinese characters (what later became kanji). The Japanese alphabet (based on syllables instead of symbols for words) was looked down on as "women's writing." (I was interested in Japanese history before getting in to anime).

As for the story, I agree with it being in fairy tale form. There are fantastic elements, but they are in line with traditional beliefs. The kid is definately supposed to be the monkey king (super strong, childlike, eats a lot, born on a mountain, no mother because in the myth he is born from a stone egg that came form the earth itself). Seimei I already mentioned, but I am surprised he is turning out to be evil (in anime if someone say they want to end suffering it's usually be killing everyone). Well, I guess we'll have to see... I hope AniKraze keeps subbing this.

Eurasian
Mon, 09-27-2004, 10:22 PM
wow that lil history lesson was quite insightful. thanx.

Was there a reference saying that Kintaro is the monkey king (Goku)? but ur examples make sense.

Santah
Mon, 09-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know what the op song is? Even better, anyone know where I can download it?

Fucking love that song.

Eurasian
Mon, 09-27-2004, 10:26 PM
YSP DUH! (http://duh.yummysushipajamas.com/downloads.html)
download it there. u gotta scroll down a little. it's called "Zen" by Attack Haus.

Santah
Mon, 09-27-2004, 10:48 PM
w00t thanks

hikaru004
Tue, 09-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Do you think that this series is related to the myths surrounding the real Minamoto no Yorimitsu (Raiko)?

Well, I found this link

http://www.kiseido.com/printss/raiko.html

http://homepage1.nifty.com/aby/2001/novembers.htm

I don't know Japanese history, but I thought that this was too much of a coincidence.

Munsu
Tue, 09-28-2004, 02:21 PM
What myths are you talking about? do you have any links?

Eurasian
Tue, 09-28-2004, 07:08 PM
THANKS HIKARU004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is getting interesting and more interesting. i didn't realize that it was a myth.

Aeon
Wed, 09-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
YSP DUH! (http://duh.yummysushipajamas.com/downloads.html)
download it there. u gotta scroll down a little. it's called "Zen" by Attack Haus.

I can't get the download to work i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif, it gives a 401 error cause I don't have a log in name.

Munsu
Wed, 09-29-2004, 09:23 PM
read the first paragraph of the site... it gives the login and password

Aeon
Thu, 09-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
read the first paragraph of the site... it gives the login and password

Oops.....Thats what I get for not reading the whole page. Thanks for that bit of info.

Santah
Fri, 10-01-2004, 04:03 AM
Can anyone help me find the lyrics to Attack Haus - Zen (the op) in romaji?

Thanks alot to anyone that tries to help, really appreciated.

Munsu
Wed, 10-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Episode 11 is finally out by anime-kraze

mirkx

Munsu
Sat, 10-09-2004, 12:23 AM
12 is out also

mirkx

This by far has been the best two episodes of this series yet... hurry up and watch them

Aeon
Sun, 10-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Spoilers

I just watched the last two eps togather, I can't believe they killed Urabe and Tsuna. And I never trusted Monsairaku I bet he just wants to destroy the world cause nobody enjoys his dance or something like that.

Eurasian
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:10 AM
OMG!!! OMG!!! these episodes were really good!!!

***spoiler***
how will the story go on w/o urabe or tsuna??????????????????????????????
mansairaku...i didn't think he was like that. cuz it was when her bro died, the narrator said the next most important man in her life will appear. so for him to be seimei...*SHOCK*

Munsu
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:16 AM
I think that she will be able to convince Mansairaku to change his ways... from watching the preview i get the feeling that they join together for some common purpose...

And i cant really see how Tsuna died... i just hope he fainted or something... he only took a blade to his shoulder...

If he did die... it was cool how he was still stading up... it reminds me of a character in Grappler Baki where the story goes that some decendant was killed but he never fell because he was hiding his son on his back and if he fell they would have found him out... so he took stabs after stabs but was still standing

Eurasian
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:19 AM
i know everyone wants to watch epi 13. IT'S OUT!!!

EDIT: nice!! ur dead but u look alive. nice.

Munsu
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Hell yeah... perfect timing... will discuss impressions in 30 minutes

Edit:

Spoilers for episode 13:

I think that the ending was great... just what i was looking for... from the previous of episode 14 this series takes a U turn... i hope it doesnt fuck up...

Aeon
Thu, 10-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Spoilers

While watching the ending I was like wtf Bud said it was 26eps, I want my other 13eps. Then I watched the preview and let out another wtf. I second the hope they don't mess it up. And Tsuna looked pimp with goltee.

Kururu
Fri, 10-15-2004, 04:48 AM
"If he did die... it was cool how he was still stading up... it reminds me of a character in Grappler Baki where the story goes that some decendant was killed but he never fell because he was hiding his son on his back and if he fell they would have found him out... so he took stabs after stabs but was still standing"

people who does heavy exercise, such as sports, or after battle (worked his muscle out) makes his muscle easier to become hard, so i think thats why he stand still after he died.

Eurasian
Sun, 10-17-2004, 04:35 PM
i finally got a chance to watch epi 13. that's a pretty good ending. i like it. i thought it was 13 episodes but Bud said it was 26. i can't believe that it's now set it present time. wtf. but i kind of like this little twist. i can't wait to see what they do with it.

hikaru004
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:52 AM
I just hope that they learned something from their past lives together

Rules to remember in your next life.

Getting killed by a 10 year old is bad form. Getting stabbed in the back is even worse. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

**spoiler**

I just hope that Hikaru and Mansairaku don't have a repeat performance like ep 13. That would be very tragic to always meet as the world is coming to an end and kill each other off to save it.

**end of spoiler**

Mae
Thu, 10-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Caught up with the series again... And that was a nice end to the season. I skipped the ending credits, so I'm pretty surprised to hear it continues. Really, if they stopped here it would make a very nice short series. The story is quite complete. I liked the whole "this is our fate" aspect of the thing, and it was a nice twist in the end. The scene with the melting faces reminded me of Chrusaders of the Lost Arc....

Also, thanks To Hikaru004 for the story origin references. Those are always a nice bonus i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Aeon
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Now I ant to buy Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors for XBOX, I saw the name Otogi in a game book which made me think of Otogizoushi and decided to read up on it and its based on Raikoh.

Raikoh, the silent and immensely powerful warrior who was the sole playable character in the original Otogi, will not fight alone in this chapter. He is resurrected by the priestess Seimei and her four generals: Tsuna, a feral warrior who's lightning fast; Kintoki, a massive axe fighter who can effortlessly pick up and throw enemies twice his size; Sadamitsu, a scythe-wielding girl with the power to freeze her foes; and Suetake, a sorcerer that resembles a living tree trunk.

There are some differences though like Seimei being a girl, Kintoki instead of Kintoro, Sadamitsu is a girl also and I'm guessing Suetake is supposed to be Urobe :-/. But the game still looks cool. Oh yea nobody even mentioned that Sadamitsu knew that Raiko was a girl all along. I wonder if Urabe knew before she died.

Is Otogizoushi on hiatus, or do you think we'll be getting a updated opening and ending that's taking longer to sub?

*EDIT*Ep 14 is finally out, everyone get now so this thread can be revived.

http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BAni-Kraze%5D_Otogizoushi_-_14_%5B03A22AE0%5D.avi.torrent

Munsu
Wed, 11-17-2004, 01:21 AM
saw it the other day... will hold off opinions till i see more episodes from it... i just hope it has a couple of action scenes since the first half of the show thrived on that part

Eurasian
Wed, 11-17-2004, 01:38 AM
thx for the link Aeon.

well..it's a little unusual you can say. the character designs *sigh* mansairaku. Definitely not what i imagined him to be.

i wonder where this story will lead.

Elite Hentai
Wed, 11-17-2004, 01:59 AM
This was the most unexpected plot twist I've ever seen in an anime. I liked it though. But I think the thing with the trains is s little weird.

Eurasian
Fri, 11-19-2004, 04:23 AM
Episodes 15 and 16 are out as well.

Elite Hentai
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:33 PM
I saw it a yesterday. It seems that the series have developed another style.

Aeon
Sat, 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
I watched both 14 and 15, couldn't bring myself to watch 16 yet. This time jump has ruined my favorite anime at the moment. And the new opening doesnt hold a candle to the old one.

Munsu
Mon, 11-22-2004, 02:47 AM
episode 17 is out... leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Santah
Wed, 11-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Just watched 14. Seems the anime is pretty much using a urban legend story and adapting it to the anime, so it doesnt really have very much in common with the first series.

Aeon
Wed, 11-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Anything interesting happen in 17? If not I'll just wait till 18 and watch both.

Munsu
Wed, 11-24-2004, 11:58 PM
lol... I havent watched 17 either... im waiting for more releases to watch them in a row...

Edit: 18 was just released

Aeon
Sun, 11-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Meh I watched 17 and 18, nothing interesting just more picture hunting.

Munsu
Sun, 11-28-2004, 10:07 PM
episode 19 is out

i havent seen 17 and 18 yet... will wait until 20 is out and watch all of them on a row.... unless you guys say 19 turns out to be good

Aeon
Wed, 12-01-2004, 10:46 PM
meh 19 was nothing special but it did give some suddle information bout the dancing guy(forgot his name). Oh and the talking wolf was cool.

Nai
Thu, 12-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Bah, I really wish they had ended it all at 13. I've barely been able to see the episodes of the new arc without vomiting, and it sadly isn't looking like it'll get any better. The combat in 19 with Mansairaku and the Wolf ( the guy looked a lot like Shoutendoji, didn't he? ) was horrible. And the dialogue is just a complete mess.

Santah
Fri, 12-10-2004, 02:16 PM
OK attention fans of the old op song, Attack Haus - Zen.

Seings as I was unable to find any lyrics for this song on the internet, I have taken it upon myself to write out the lyrics in romaji.

My friend Chihiro helped me with the 2nd verse and 2nd chorus which I was having trouble with i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

You can dl the lyrics here:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/skulleada/Attack_Haus_-_Zen_romaji_by_Santah.zip

Oh and if you still dont have the mp3, you can get that from here:

http://duh.yummysushipajamas.com/downloads.html

Enjoy i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

hikaru004
Tue, 12-14-2004, 06:32 PM
I also think that this is a little frustrating, but for different reasons. My beef is that the Hikaru-Mansairaku relationship isn't progressing fast enough. This is a 26 episode series right?

Also, don't those events on that map that we keep seeing look like that magatama board? We've seen Magatama of metal, water and fire so far right? If so are we seeing Affinity or Enmity being played out?( I think Enmity. What do you guys think?)

Also don't those train lines in the beginning look like ying-yang symbols?

Or is it just me getting too much into this series?

Jin234
Tue, 12-14-2004, 09:46 PM
anywhere else besides animekraze i can get otogizoushi

Munsu
Tue, 12-14-2004, 09:55 PM
no

Jin234
Tue, 12-14-2004, 10:10 PM
anime kraze only gives it in a bach and it will take to long to dl

Munsu
Tue, 12-14-2004, 10:42 PM
tough luck

Jin234
Fri, 12-17-2004, 05:52 PM
fuck you

Munsu
Fri, 12-17-2004, 09:26 PM
sure... after im done with your mom

Elite Hentai
Tue, 01-11-2005, 03:08 AM
Episode 23 is out. I don't really like the anime anymore after episode 13, (which should've been the last episode,) but I'm still going to finish it because I'm curious how the anime will end.

Eurasian
Tue, 01-11-2005, 03:48 AM
i agree with you...it just got kind of weird...

Aeon
Thu, 01-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Yea I'm still watching, I just downloaded 24 but the way 23 ended it looks like history is about to repeat itself.

Nai
Mon, 01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
I really wish this anime would have ended at 13, however, I'm sadly stuck watching hoping that the lost glory of this show will return later on. Needless to say, I won't mourn nor even remember the Tokyo Arc.

BigR
Mon, 01-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by: Nai
I really wish this anime would have ended at 13, however, I'm sadly stuck watching hoping that the lost glory of this show will return later on. Needless to say, I won't mourn nor even remember the Tokyo Arc.

I agree with you on that 100% x100. I still enjoy the Tokyo arc, but I'll always know Otogizoushi for the first 13 episodes (maybe the last 2, since Tokyo ended at 24)

Death BOO Z
Wed, 01-19-2005, 07:21 PM
can someone explain the circle thing of the elements? i understand some of them but a few of the combinations seem weird to me
Good cirlce (I forgot it's name): fire - earth - metal - water - wood - fire.
how's the fire good for the earth? and what's metal got to do with water?

circle of enimty (I remember this name): fire - metal - wood - earth - water - fire.
I get the water - fire thing, but i'm in lose for the rest...

help is welcomed...

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Affinity: Water helps wood grow, wood helps fire burn, fire actually makes the earth more fertile. Many countries to this day still burn their fields. (example: Armenia and a few other near-Balkan countries) It adds many phosphorus's back into the soil helping the next crop grow. As for metal, your guess is as good as mine. EDIT: (Though caves DO have a lot of condensation, so that COULD be it, but that's kinda weak too)

Emnity: Water douses fire, fire melts metal (like a forge), metal cuts wood (ax to a tree), wood constrains earth (Plants and roots of trees prevent landslides) and earth absorbs water (water gets soaked up by soil).

I hope that helped.

Eurasian
Thu, 04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Well the last episode, 26, was released. They probably should have ended it on episode 24.

I can't tell you how disappointing I thought the ending was. Episode 26 was nothing but 20 minutes of philosophy class.