PDA

View Full Version : Shizune

thundrakkon
Fri, 07-16-2004, 01:36 AM
So far, all we know is that she travels with Tsunade. She appears to be a leaf village member, but does not where any leaf village head protector, like Tsunade. She probably is as strong as Kakashi since she appeared as if she was going to beat Kabuto, whom Oro considers is as strong as Kakashi. From ep 90, she was mentioned as the neice of the person Tsunade was in love with.

In another thread, she was mentioned as a probable team-mate of Kakashi, so probably an apprentice of Jiraiya.

Any thoughts on who she really is, why she is traveling with Tsunade, and how powerful she really is?

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 07-16-2004, 01:43 AM
My guess in terms of her strength is that she's probably around Kabuto/Kakashi level..but with so little that's been shown, it's hard to say. I think she's travelling with Tsunade maybe because she admires Tsunade, or maybe because of an obligation. That's my guess, but I guess we'll have to wait untill more is explained

Pyron
Fri, 07-16-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by: thundrakkon
So far, all we know is that she travels with Tsunade. She appears to be a leaf village member, but does not where any leaf village head protector, like Tsunade. She probably is as strong as Kakashi since she appeared as if she was going to beat Kabuto, whom Oro considers is as strong as Kakashi. From ep 90, she was mentioned as the neice of the person Tsunade was in love with.

In another thread, she was mentioned as a probable team-mate of Kakashi, so probably an apprentice of Jiraiya.

Any thoughts on who she really is, why she is traveling with Tsunade, and how powerful she really is?

she is an apprentice of Tsunade so she couldn't have been one of Jiraiya's. and asking this question just bring spoliers...as for us anime watchers you already know everything there is to know about her for now..

XForce
Fri, 07-16-2004, 01:46 AM
Well as you said yourself, she is the niece of Tsunade's ex-boyfriend, so there is an obvious relation there. She respects and admires Tsunade (who wouldn't) as a great and strong person, but also as a friend and she would risk her life to protect Tsunade.
Not much is solidly stated about Shizune, not even in the manga, and her reasons are her own, and ours to speculate about. And I doubt she is as strong as Kakashi, just because she attacked Kabuto doesn't necessarily mean she's just as strong. She just wanted to protect her mistress so she attacked him without a second thought.

Pyron
Fri, 07-16-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by: XForce
Well as you said yourself, she is the niece of Tsunade's ex-boyfriend, so there is an obvious relation there. She respects and admires Tsunade (who wouldn't) as a great and strong person, but also as a friend and she would risk her life to protect Tsunade.
Not much is solidly stated about Shizune, not even in the manga, and her reasons are her own, and ours to speculate about. And I doubt she is as strong as Kakashi, just because she attacked Kabuto doesn't necessarily mean she's just as strong. She just wanted to protect her mistress so she attacked him without a second thought.

i agree with xforce's comment about her strength...we just know "she's fast" says kabuto

thundrakkon
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:17 AM
Yeah, you're right... Kabuto only said that she is fast. However, I have to wonder how strong she really is. From the look of things, she could be the strongest of the female Jounins, next to Tsunade, at the moment. I hope we get to see her fight soon, to have a gauge of her level. I would love to see her character become more developed.

Pyron
Fri, 07-16-2004, 08:49 AM
we haven't really seen anko fight so they'd probably be the strongest.. but between them 2 i dunno who'd win. from what i know now...i'd say anko because she'd do whatever it takes to win...like in the forest with oro. she'd kill herself to get the job done..

Coolman
Fri, 07-16-2004, 10:48 AM
She isn't that strong. She was out of breath from that small scuffle with Kabuto. She is Tsunades apprentice I believe, but she isn't as powerful as Kakashi. Also... just saying she is fast means nothing. Fast compared to what? Sasuke could be considered fast but would still get crushed by them.

Those hidden poison needles were pretty cool though.

EDIT: From reading the above posts... maybe she was just some other medical ninja that now travels with Tsunade. So... maybe she isn't Tsunades apprentice. But what makes Tsunade really strong is that strenght of hers... somehow I doubt Shizune has that.

Kn1ves
Fri, 07-16-2004, 11:35 AM
bet shes kakashis long lost love

Mongoose
Fri, 07-16-2004, 11:59 AM
I doubt she was Kakashi's teammate. She's likely another medical ninja if she's apprenticed to Tsunade, although if she's Dan's niece then she could just be hanging around Tsunade because she views her as a sort of aunt figure. Maybe she's known Tsunade since she was little, if Tsunade's ever met Dan's family, although come to think of it, she's likely too young for that.

PSJ
Fri, 07-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by: thundrakkon

in what way does she seem like an apprentice to jiraiya? remember that jiraiyas students were 4th hokage and his 2 teammates. and 4th trained kakashi so if and if she was kakashi's teammate she would be the apprentice of the 4th and not jiraiya. which is not th case since kakashi's teammate had pink hair and shizune hasnt. shizune is nothing more than tsunades apprentice and appearantly dan's neice. and i really doubt that she is as strong as kabuto we have barely seen either of the 2 fight but i find it hard to beleive that she is that strong. she used some weird arm weapon and kabuto dogded it then she tried to attack him head on but failed and you say that she is as strong as kabuto? i dont think so. she is just an average apprentice.

Stoopider
Fri, 07-16-2004, 12:24 PM
After reading all of the past replies. How come none of you mentioned

LESBIAN LOVER!

Thats why Jiraiya the HUNK has been turned down all the time. Poor Jiraiya.

Eurasian
Fri, 07-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by: Coolman
Also... just saying she is fast means nothing. Fast compared to what?

She's fast compared to Kaubto cuz it is said from his point of view. so to Kabuto, Shizune is fast.

I think she's pretty cool. I was really excited when she attacked Kabuto and I thought they were really going to fight. but no i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif Her weapon is so cool!!! Yah, she's cool.

Garlannd
Fri, 07-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Well seeing as it was in episode 90.

Shes the sister of Tsuande's dead love

kupalmaru
Fri, 07-16-2004, 05:01 PM
If you really want to find out, there is some enternet site that contain a character bio; who the character parents is, how strong they are, their best move, etc. Maybe you can find Shizune's bio there.
I really don't know if reading that thing is spoiling or not.

Originally posted by: Pyron
as for us anime watchers you already know everything there is to know about her for now..

I agree with this guy, because we don't even know the whole story about Tsunadi; how her brother and lover died, why she have a blood phobia, etc. I think they are going to the story of Tsubadi first then Shizune.

Deblas
Fri, 07-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Pretty sure in eps. 91 there gonna show tsunades story.

koreanriceboi
Sat, 07-17-2004, 02:35 AM
i first thought shizune was a girl... then i read the manga nd i thought i saw the word "he" descriping shizune so i thought shizune was a guy... but then in ep 90 opening scenes shizune was wearing girl rope with tsunade so now i think shes a girl... o shizune is a girl who is under tsunade like naruto is under jiraiya. nd she seems to know how to use needles

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 07-17-2004, 04:56 AM
you either missed the 's' or the part of the manga that you have is poorly translated

KameronFrye
Sat, 07-17-2004, 05:05 AM
Heheh, I got scared that there was going to be another "Haku" incident...

No more boys wearing girls clothes!

Hakeem_21
Sat, 07-17-2004, 07:57 AM
I dont think she is an avreage apprentice first of all she was so fast i didnt even see her dissepear when she tried attacking Kabuto second she is Tsunade apprentice so she got to be atleast over chunnin lever maybe she is even on a jounin level. Third cause Tsunade blood phobia she MUST be strong so she can protect her sensie.

nar'to
Sat, 07-17-2004, 08:25 AM
just looks to me that like all the sennins have an apprentice

joker-kun
Sat, 07-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Shes probably Tsunade's mom, Tsunade just used her little aging technique on her. Honestly, you people really suck at seeing the obvious.