PDA

View Full Version : Shaq is in Miami and Kobe staying on the lakers

Pyron
Fri, 07-16-2004, 01:24 AM
i'd never think that shaq would end up a heat. kobe i thought he'd be gone..
since i'm canadian and from toronto i sorta wanted steve nash to be a raptor to help vince's decision on staying hurrr. skip is a raptor again..

carlos boozer is a jazz now...who doesn't want to play with lebron? i guess not him
okur is a jazz too

kenyon martin gonna be a nugget? miller, nene, berry, martin and CARMELO...that's a nice 5 right thurr

stackhouse and lattener to dallas...jamison to washington? i think dallas is gonna suck without him

a big one...mcgrady for francis? mcgrady and yao ming...i wonder how that's gonna workout

anyways...what do you guys think or expect/want to happen?

Zoels
Fri, 07-16-2004, 01:42 AM
i just hope the lakers will have an ok season thats fun to watch. i was never a big shaq fan anyways, so i dont care all that much that he left. as long as kobe doesnt leave im fine.

Pyron
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:03 AM
freal...kobe is the best guard in the league and is the jordan of this era for now...
no one will ever be better than jordan!
and i liked shaq when he was slimmer...he had better moves

Mut
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:11 AM
lol, the lakers got robbed.

Pyron
Fri, 07-16-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
lol, the lakers got robbed.

yeah i know the only good player they have for now that they got is lamar odom. shaq gone, malone probably gonna retire, fisher gone and everyone else isn't that great on their team...i'm still a raptor fan but if detroit re-signs rasheed and sign antonio mcdyess i'm cheering for detroit again....detroit what?

SK
Fri, 07-16-2004, 10:35 AM
hmm, first i would like to say that the Lakers suck.
ok now that thats out of the way, Kobe is not that great, he is good, but not great, Kobe proved in these Finals that he is not the next MJ and will never be as good as MJ. when did MJ ever have 0 points in a half in the playoffs/finals never. Kobe has that inconsisty, now Shaq, i dont like the guy, but cmon he is the most dominant player in the league, to take Kobe over Shaq was retarted, without each other neither will have another championship. now with boozer, no one sure what happened there, he said he would resign, and then he went with utah, and his agent dropped him, hmm... now k-mart with mello, i like that, still sucks how mello was robbed of the rookie of the year award, theyre definatley even more a contender now.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 07-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Sharingan-Kakashi called it right Shaq is the most dominant player in NBA,you will see why when he makes Miami a great teami/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

If Kobe had 10% of MJ skills Lakers would beat Pistons but Kobe isnt that good and thats why Lakers lost it wasnt Shaqs fualt cuase he did his 25-30 points per game.

I didnt have a fav team in NBA cause the NBA didnt air in this country until this year. My fav team is Pistons cause theirs teamwork,great defense and my fav center in NBA the monster who is called Ben.Wallace. Im looking forward watching the Pistons in the next season if they get one or two good bench players they will kill destroy the rest of the NBA.

Knives122
Fri, 07-16-2004, 07:13 PM
I think kobe should of left, I mean almost all of the other good players are gone including the coach, I guess kobe wants to stay on his team before he goes to jail

Mut
Fri, 07-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
Sharingan-Kakashi called it right Shaq is the most dominant player in NBA,you will see why when he makes Miami a great team

If Kobe had 10% of MJ skills Lakers would beat Pistons but Kobe isnt that good and thats why Lakers lost it wasnt Shaqs fualt cuase he did his 25-30 points per game.

I didnt have a fav team in NBA cause the NBA didnt air in this country until this year. My fav team is Pistons cause theirs teamwork,great defense and my fav center in NBA the monster who is called Ben.Wallace. Im looking forward watching the Pistons in the next season if they get one or two good bench players they will kill destroy the rest of the NBA.

it's always nice to jump on the bandwagon.

PSJ
Fri, 07-16-2004, 07:19 PM
does jordan still play for washington?

Knives122
Fri, 07-16-2004, 07:21 PM
No he retired like 2 yrs ago

kupalmaru
Fri, 07-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Alot of team try to sign Kobe even though his future is uncertain; he could go to jail or not.

I think if the Raptors eight pick is not a bust we could be in the playof next year.

I heard that K-mart is a good defender

But is he the type off player that is not quick enough to be a small forward and out of position to be a powerforward.

Im saying this because I read somewhere that Martin is only in good at battling regular power forward but when it come to big time forward(like Duncan, Garnett and those physically tough forward) Martin is having a hardtime.

Like Vanhorn who can play both 3 and 4 but cannot compete against player who is natural at that posithion. Sometimes he is to slow at 3 or not physically tough to handle the beating at the 4 position.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 07-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Mutata piss offi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

SK
Sat, 07-17-2004, 09:36 PM
IMO it was funny as hell when everyone before the finals was all on tje Kobe bandwagon and sayin he is the next Jordan then they got swept in the finals, friggin 0 points in first half of game 3 what a joke. so who do the lakers have besides kobe? guess gary payton the has been who played and didnt do jack. lakers are a play off team but not a finals team, heat are not a finals team either, but shaq alone can take them to the play offs. in the east pistons and pacers are still the best, west t wolves spurs, mavericks would have been unbeatable if they had landed shaq, too bad...

AkimichiChouji
Mon, 07-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Shaq is too old and kobe likes to touch women
end of story

Himura_san
Mon, 07-19-2004, 02:00 AM
Well I am in Houston so it should be interesting to see the
Mcgrady/Ming pairup.
Also I don't like Shaq, he sounds like a moron whenever he speaks
but I think he will definitely make the Heat better on top of that
I hear they may get a quality forward from fee agency as well.

The team that I am looking forward to besides Houston is San Antonio.
I think they got stronger and also Detroit got Wallace back and signed
Mcdysse.
It should be an interesting season for the NBA coming up.
But what I am looking forward to is Football Season!!
Dolphins!!!

PSJ
Mon, 07-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
No he retired like 2 yrs ago

oh lol, is that his second or third retirement? dont know much about him exept that he retired once around 97 and started playing again...

Knives122
Mon, 07-19-2004, 01:11 PM
i think this is his 2nd

Mut
Mon, 07-19-2004, 01:56 PM
i think jordan retired 3 times... one for the minor league basball, another after his 98(?) championship and then the last one was with the wizards.

GLS
Mon, 07-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Shaq is gonna be paired up with Dewayne Wade, who could've been Rookie of the Year any year that 'Bron and 'Melo werent in there. Kid's got game!

Mike Kupchack's problem was letting the media know that the Laker's wanted Kobe, and basically is letting him run the team, with Shaq and Phil gone.
The Lakers did do good in getting quality players (Butler, Odom, and Grant), and Divac might come back.

To me, the tides have turned here. LAL now looks like a Eastern Conference team, with guard play and nothing else, while Miami looks Western with Shaq and Wade.

Watch out for Denver next year. 'Melo and Martin are gonna kick some ass! Anthony Miller is exactly what that team needs in the situation they are in, with 2 big players like that.

Pyron
Tue, 07-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Anthony Miller is exactly what that team needs in the situation they are in, with 2 big players like that.

sorry dude its andre miller. and for the other guys..i'm not saying kobe is as good as jordan. we all know that no one will be as good as he is. but kobe is a sick player period. at his position who can you honestly say is better than him? t-mac? naw..vince? i use to think he could be. lebron? not yet..give it some years.

other notes..
i'm happy mo pete is most likely out of toronto since he signed an offer sheet to new orleans

erick dampier on the knicks she give their front court a big lift with a hard playing guy like him

vlade back to the lakers? he's getting too old and slow..

with that said...whoever said shaq is too old is wrong. he's only 31 or something and he's still in his prime. no one can really stop him in the post but he'll be slowing down in a few years

rudy t runs the lakers now huh...i wonder what's gonna happen to the triangle offense.

i'm still waiting for the olympics so i can buy some team usa jerseys

GLS
Tue, 07-20-2004, 07:40 AM
by Anthony, I meant Andre. Of course you know that.

unlike Jordan, Kobe wont win championships with the team he has now.

hiddenpookie
Wed, 07-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Well its all woot for me!
I think am the only one from miami in these boards ^^
woot we have shaq !!!

Deblas
Wed, 07-21-2004, 09:23 PM
this sucks shaq playing for miami. ohh well

Pyron
Thu, 07-22-2004, 05:20 AM
there's really no other good centers in the league anymore...its all power forwards. its all good...van ex in portland now..i gotta get his jersey