PDA

View Full Version : avi to dvd

japanaman
Thu, 07-15-2004, 10:45 PM
ok, im using TMPGEnc to convert my avi files of Nartuo to Mpg-2 files. My earlier eps were subbed by toriyamas world and the later ones by anbu/aone. Everything was going fine until i hit the ones subbed by anbu/aone. I can get it encoded, but the playback is choppy and there are little lingering pixels everywhere.

Anybody have any suggestions for me?

complich8
Thu, 07-15-2004, 11:25 PM
odd ....

I don't really personally have a terribly refined skillset with tmpg, but you might try frameserving the files with avisynth, if you're dumping them directly into it now. All you'd have to do for that is grab avisynth from its website or doom9, install it, and make a one-line .avs script: avisource("c:\path\to\file.avi")

Then of course you could do nifty things to deal with other stuff, (like adding borders to correct resolutions, etc).

Of course, if you're already doing that, then you might try to go the other way, and not use avisynth? Or maybe if you've got a bunch of disk space free, spool it out to a huffyuv encoded file or something wacky like that?

All of that is just suggestions (which is what you asked for after all i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif). I dunno if any of it will work for you though. Trial and error, that's the way to do it.

japanaman
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:35 PM
thanx for the help

i figured it out. All i needed was the Divx Codec. Which im not sure why, cause i could play it in avi form without any problem...oh well

complich8
Mon, 07-19-2004, 11:47 AM
do you usually use ffdshow for playback?

Hearing that, that's my first thought ... ffdshow is a directshow filter, so it'll work for playback but not for "true" frame decoding ... it's not a VFW codec, just a filter.

So if you've just got that installed (or something like it), encoding apps would complain about not having an actual vfw codec to use.

I wouldn't have thought of it, but it makes sense i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.