PDA

View Full Version : Festa Special '03-'04

alienbiker
Thu, 07-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Does anybody know where the Festa 2003 and Festa 2004 fit into the Naruto series, between what episodes

Scale
Thu, 07-15-2004, 09:08 PM
if im right around chuunin exam but i doesnt spoil anything...
atleast i think.... (thinking) nah u can watch it when u reach chuunin

NM
Thu, 07-15-2004, 09:34 PM
I think if you go to animesuki and go to Naruto, they tell you in which order to watch the OVA's (they do that for most of the anime they have there).

Kale Ironfist
Thu, 07-15-2004, 09:58 PM
the first, 2003, was before the 26-27 double episode, according to a source i now forget. 2004 was on DVD, dunno if it ever aired on TokyoTV

D'oh
Thu, 07-15-2004, 11:01 PM
fiesta specials are a waste of time.

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 07-15-2004, 11:08 PM
yea its weird, some things that naruto used during the chuunin exams are in it (Naruto Rendan was developed at the middle of that arc) but there hasn't been any reference to whether the hokage was dead or not OR the cursed seal on sasuke (which was at the beginning of the arc), perhaps they are just in limbo.

Too bad though, the side stories could have really added on to the main one.

Halo2298
Thu, 07-15-2004, 11:17 PM
The 2003 Jump Festa comes between episodes 19 and 20, because it's before the Konohamaru Corps was formed. The only thing slightly odd is that Sasuke mentions the Chuunin exam in the special, but then he doesn't seem to really recognize why the enemy ninja might be in the area. But then again, some of the higher-ups were surprised that it was time for the Chuunin exam also. The 2004 Jump Festa, however, doesn't fit in at all. Sasuke's still with the team, and he hasn't moved into his black uniform yet. So, they're on a mission... It would have to be before the Chuunin exam. But Naruto is using the Nine-Tails' Chakra to do stuff that he hasn't learned until the Chuunin Exam's first two phases are over. And it can't be in the month between exam and tournament because Sasuke's location was unknown to Naruto and Sakura. It just doesn't make all that much sense. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif But it's fun to watch!

Pyron
Fri, 07-16-2004, 01:57 AM
all before the chunnin exam cause sasuke isn't wearing his black or grey outfit

bitwar
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:16 AM
I take these the same way as I take the DBZ movies (all except the 13th movie). They never fit perfectly into any one place in the series. The story could fit in one place, but they're using moves that they never developed til later, or something mentioned shouldn't have been around at that point. Or there's nowhere to fit the story at all because the TV series moved along too fast to fit anything anywhere. The Naruto movie will probably be the same way. I'd shove the '03 between 19 and 20, since the bridge thing ended on 19 and then 20 starts the buildup to the Chuunin exam. The '04 one doesn't really fit anywhere. During the Chuunin exam, there's no gap to fit it in. Before the Chuunin exam, Naruto couldn't use the moves he used. And after everything with Gaara (which is when he could do all that, there's no time to fit it in before Itachi shows up. So searching for places to fit them in is kinda pointless. I wasn't too terribly impressed by them anyway. Hopefully the movie won't let me down like that.

Kale Ironfist
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:36 AM
the thing i don't get is... why was the 1st one aired later than its supposed timeline? for that matter, why does the 2nd NOT FIT ANYWHERE?!

bitwar
Fri, 07-16-2004, 02:53 AM
Weren't they both originally DVD special things? That could explain the airing later than its supposed place in the timeline. And the second doesn't fit because they really didn't care about continuity, they just wanted moneys. The same thing can be said for (as earlier stated) the DBZ movies, the InuYasha movies, and probably most of the movies of series that were made in the middle of the series (even Babylon 5, for an American equivalent).

Pyron
Fri, 07-16-2004, 08:36 AM
from what i know (and it isn't much) these episodes were aired on new years? so yeah...correct me if i'm wrong

alienbiker
Fri, 07-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Thanks.....now i know where to put them in my collection....o and they are pretty cool to watch

koreanriceboi
Sat, 07-17-2004, 02:16 AM
i dont get festa what is it..

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 07-17-2004, 05:04 AM
dont bother, just watch them