Depeche Mode
Simply Red
They might be Giants
Tears for Fears
Violent Femmes

I cannot think of any others at the moment but I know I'm missing some

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 07-13-2004, 11:42 PM
not really sure about the years but im liked to listen to marvin gaye, and the temptations mostly

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 07-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Motorhead, Metallica, Guns n' Roses, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Madonna (I feel I have to explain this...I've always thought I hated madonna, but over the years, I've a heard a bunch songs and seen a buncha videos that I either like cuz of the music or because they bring back good memories. After actually counting those songs and videos, it turns out the number is big enough for me to like her as an artist, rather than just some random songs. It's a little gay, I know.) I also like some other random radio songs from artists like billy idol, dead or alive, a-ha, etc. U2 was also pretty good actually. Don't like most of their newer stuff though.

Himura_san
Wed, 07-14-2004, 12:48 AM
I do like some of Madonna's early stuff.
A-Ha! yes! They had that hit "take on me" with a killer video, one of my faves.
GnR was great back in the 80s, I also liked Def Lepard.
I forgot to mention early Beastie Boys probably their best stuff came from that decade.

r3n
Wed, 07-14-2004, 01:48 AM
em, beastie boys, their old stuff is good i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

hinatacretu
Wed, 07-14-2004, 04:21 AM
GNR definitely...

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-14-2004, 04:45 AM
KISS

Well okay... they started in the 70's... but wth i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

If that doesn't qualify then... well... there are too many good bands from the 80's. Almost all music was good back then, when commercial shit barely existed.

Raven
Wed, 07-14-2004, 07:23 AM
Twisted Sister was great, dunno if they'd really be considered 80s though. And Duran Duran had their moments. Also GnR of course.

Actually, come to think of it the 80s was a golden age for music, I agree Terra.

PSJ
Wed, 07-14-2004, 08:22 AM
Iron Maiden of course.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 07-14-2004, 08:35 AM
Oooooh! Iron Maiden, you're totally right. *slaps self for forgetting"

SK
Wed, 07-14-2004, 09:53 AM
RUN-DMC
Beastie Boys
LL Cool J

ANTicz
Wed, 07-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Am I the only Asian around here??

X JAPAN (Yoshiki and Hide rule)
B'Z (I think they older, but they were around in the 80s so... wth)
SeoTaiji (late 80s early 90s I think, but still counts)

Stoopider
Wed, 07-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Queen's. Great music. But weird dressups.

Was John Denver 80's? uh uh uh.. can;t think of any others. Not my time. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 07-14-2004, 03:24 PM
I'm glad to see other people liked Madonna back then...I really liked a lot of her music back in the mid-to-late 80's and early 90s (first heard her music when I was like 3 years old)...Abba existed during the 80s and I still like a lot of the songs on Gold (though I don't really know any other songs besides the ones on that album).

I think as a child I even liked the birdy song (before anyone sends me any cyanide (sp?) laced mail remember that I was very young when I liked it!)

tbh I'm struggling to think of a band that I liked at the time, but if GNR and the Manic Street Preachers (very very very late 80s) count then yeah i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Most of what I liked from the 80s was from various singers because my parents exposed me to a lot of compilation tapes when we went on holiday...I repeatedly heard songs by bands like Abba/Culture Club/Adam and the Ants etc so most of the songs I liked from the 80s are the only song I know by that particular band i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

JusDaMan
Wed, 07-14-2004, 05:48 PM
american songs
early maddona (ester now)
Michael jackson songs (he actucally looked human then)
Duran duran
New boys on the block

Asian songs (basically asian songs)
Arron kwok
Jackie cheung
leon lai
andy lau

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Twisted Sister counts at 80's. And they are indeed good.

I agree about Iron Maiden & early Madonna aswell!

Knives122
Wed, 07-14-2004, 06:27 PM
how about Earth, Wind & Fire they were badass back then(and still are)

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 07-14-2004, 11:19 PM
yea they kik ass, one song that i like alot was september i think that song was kewl

kupalmaru
Thu, 07-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Metallica
Gun's n Roses
Nirvana(late 80's to early 90's)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

I just started listeing to this group maybe 3 years ago.

I do agree that Madonna is good during her early years.

woofcat
Thu, 07-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Violent Femmes!!

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 07-15-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru
Metallica
Gun's n Roses
Nirvana(late 80's to early 90's)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

I just started listeing to this group maybe 3 years ago.

I do agree that Madonna is good during her early years.

Well, Nirvana came out in the 80s but had nearly 0 impact until the 90s. But I guess if that counts, I'll add Soundgarden to my list as well. They formed in 1985 and had a couple of demos out before 1990.

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 07-15-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
Michael jackson songs (he actucally looked human then)

Jesus yeah I forgot about Jacko, Bad, Thriller, Smooth Criminal etc, I used to love his music and his videos were cool as well (but not his movies...though like the idiot child that I was I still watched them i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)...

Its so weird to look back on what he was back then, he just seemed the coolest guy on Earth back in the 80s now when you look at him he looks like a melted Madam Tussords (sp?) waxwork model of himself...

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 07-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Yeah...mikey...can't even call him a shadow of his former self. Still got the moves though, even if he looks like he's gonna fall apart doing them. His downward spiral over the years is one of the entertainment business' worst tragedies.

JusDaMan
Fri, 07-16-2004, 10:00 PM
I would consider all child hood actors a business tragedy... Look at micholy colgan(the guy from home alone 1 and 2). He was a good actor and all. but hes all washed up now.. got busted for Marajuwanna possession. and stuff like that

Darkflare
Fri, 07-16-2004, 11:48 PM
what about Yes. what year were they? im not sure, but i like their sound.

Munsu
Sun, 07-18-2004, 06:29 AM
My favorite 80's group... Actually I prefer to call single songs as favorite since there were so many one hit wonders... but here are some of my favorite groups or singles...

The Police - basically every song is great

Aha - Take On Me and Sun Always Shines on TV are my favorites of the whole 80's

Tear For Fears

Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning

Icehouse - Electric Blue

Eddie Grant - Electric Avenue

Mr. Mister

Billy Joel

Michael Jackson

Bangles

Robert Palmer

Scorpion

Motley Crew

Eurythmics

Was, Was Not - Walk the Dinasour

Petshop Boys

Duran Duran

Rod Stewart

INXS

Def Leppard

Queen

Dire Straits - Money For Nothing

Wang Chung

Billy Idol

Roxette

Boston

Ahh what the heck... I have to stop, I cant stop mentioning... name a 80s group and they are my favorites... I could mention them all... heck I even liked Eddie Murphy's Party All the Time

shadowmantis
Sun, 07-18-2004, 11:53 AM
although they aren't exactly 80's bands, their biggest projects came out during that decade. nine inch nails and david bowie.

Himura_san
Mon, 07-19-2004, 02:20 AM
Damn I forgot to add

Motley Crue and Poison!!

Also Metallica from the 80s was the $hit!!!!

Also someone mentioned Rod Stewart. Do yourself a favor
and get his early stuff when he was with the group the Faces! 70s era.
Very good stuff!!