PDA

View Full Version : Free IPODS

Nine Tailed Demon
Tue, 07-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Here's How to get an Ipod, free:

1.) Go here (http://www.freeipods.com/default.aspx?referer=7051373) and sign up for the program. It may be a good idea to set up an extra email address and use it to sign up, so there isn't a chance of your current email address getting full of spam. You will be required to verify your email address before the iPod is sent to you, so make sure it is a real address.

2.) After you sign up, complete one of the offers. Pick one that gives you a free trial, such as AOL or Ancestry.com. These offers do require a credit card, but as long as you cancel within the 45-day AOL trial or the 14-day Ancestry trial, you won't be charged and nothing will show up on the credit card statement, making it okay to "borrow" your parents' credit card if you don't have one.

3.) After you sign up, don't cancel you trial offer right away. You have to make sure you get credit for the offer. You can check to see if you have received credit for an offer by going to the "Check Status" page of your account. Usually AOL takes 1-3 days, Ebay has just been added and requires no credit card and get credit fast.

4.) After you have successfully completed an offer, it's time to get 5 people to sign up under your name and complete one offer. Friends, family, co-workers, ANYONE is eligible to sign up.

5.) After you and 5 others have completed one offer, you chose which style and color of iPod you want, enter your shipping information, and it will be shipped to you free of charge, with a full 1-year warranty from Apple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions at all, feel free to email me anytime and I'll respond ASAP.

Himura_san
Tue, 07-13-2004, 11:35 PM
There's always a string attached in these gimmicks.

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 07-13-2004, 11:43 PM
its not really free, they want u to do something for them first then if ur lucky u might get the free ipod, nothings ever free well some things are but things like ipod NEVER unless u win them at some sort of game or something

Mut
Wed, 07-14-2004, 01:23 AM
well, i've done these free offers for maxim, stuff, and fhm magazines and they've all come. i have like 5 years worth of all those mags. but they are only magazines, this is something that actually costs more than 15 bucks... so, it does sound a bit shady.

r3n
Wed, 07-14-2004, 01:51 AM
there was an article about this sorta thing in the newspaper, its a piramid (however its spelt) scheme, where you have to get so many other ppl to sign up to it and pay you like 10bucks then you get a free ipod. and then the ppl below u have to get another 10 ppl to pay them 10 bucks etc.... not sure whats linked to here is the same thing, but the chance of you getting a *free* ipod are nonexistant, unless its a competition.

hinatacretu
Wed, 07-14-2004, 04:24 AM
free ipods huh??? wat a joke...

Nine Tailed Demon
Wed, 07-14-2004, 07:29 AM
It is a pyramid for advertising but it works, my friend got one I didn't believe it either until he got one and rubbed it into my face that it was free. If you want I can link to two other forums that people there it worked for and they got/getting their ipod.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 07-14-2004, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I read the contract thing, and if I didn't misinterpret anything, it says that you have to get people to sign up and do what you did, and the more you do, the better your CHANCES at getting an ipod. They don't guarantee getting you one no matter how many you get to sign up though, of course. Guessing your friend was lucky nine tails.

Stoopider
Wed, 07-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Damn! US household only.

Aion
Wed, 07-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Its a matrix scam.

Assertn
Wed, 07-14-2004, 12:34 PM
the new thing sony is developing is better than an ipod

Knives122
Wed, 07-14-2004, 12:45 PM
you mean the PSP

stos289
Wed, 07-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
You mean the PSP

Nope, Sony is making a product similar to the Ipod that will hold more memory and be up to a 100 dollars cheaper. However, there is one fatal flaw that Sony is making. The player only plays Sony's new music format "A-trax" and does not play mp3's which will damage their sales a lot. Hope that cleared that up.

Knives122
Wed, 07-14-2004, 01:02 PM
no ones going to buy it if they do that, they better fix it

Assertn
Wed, 07-14-2004, 03:45 PM
they're doing that on purpose because it compresses music far better than mp3s......which is how they manage to store more songs than the IPOD while still using less-expensive hard drives

DB_Hunter2
Wed, 07-14-2004, 04:30 PM
I have a Sony MD and if I'm not mistaken it converts the mp3's I have to its own format before it records them to disc... so it might be a similar system with the new piece of kit.

Nine Tailed Demon
Wed, 07-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Yo, I'm telling you it's for free. What he did was picked the AOL one(broadband) then just cancel it, you guys should try it.

hiddenpookie
Wed, 07-14-2004, 08:45 PM
getting 5 people to sighn up is too hard for me?

Nine Tailed Demon
Wed, 07-14-2004, 10:59 PM
just get some friends to do it...

Assertn
Wed, 07-14-2004, 11:45 PM
so......you're saying just sign up for AOL, then cancel it in like, the next day or something? and thats it?

Nine Tailed Demon
Thu, 07-15-2004, 07:34 AM
That's what they did to complete the offer and keep it free, but it takes longer to get credit for that off. I just did the nexiderm one because it's only $5.00 for shipping & handling and you get instant credit.

Nine Tailed Demon
Tue, 07-20-2004, 04:53 PM
updated my thing

MGKyosuke
Tue, 07-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Nope, Sony is making a product similar to the Ipod that will hold more memory and be up to a 100 dollars cheaper. However, there is one fatal flaw that Sony is making. The player only plays Sony's new music format "A-trax" and does not play mp3's which will damage their sales a lot. Hope that cleared that up.

ATRAC isn't that bad. I just bought a CD Player that came with the PC software to burn ATRAC CD's. Not bad at all. It compresses a file twice as much as mp3 does and with equal quality.

Assertn
Tue, 07-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by: Nine Tailed Demon
That's what they did to complete the offer and keep it free, but it takes longer to get credit for that off. I just did the nexiderm one because it's only $5.00 for shipping & handling and you get instant credit.

so you already got the ipod and your money back?

stos289
Tue, 07-20-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by: MGKyosuke
ATRAC isn't that bad. I just bought a CD Player that came with the PC software to burn ATRAC CD's. Not bad at all. It compresses a file twice as much as mp3 does and with equal quality.

I'm not saying that ATRAC is bad, I'm just saying it's a bad idea that it won't support mp3's which is a common used format in today's world. The player will be good itself, it's just that again, it's a really bad idea not to add mp3 support to it. Many people will buy it opposds to the IPOD (since it costs a lot less than it) but Sony could obtain a lot more profit if they just allowed mp3s to be played on it.

Nine Tailed Demon
Tue, 07-20-2004, 06:43 PM
"so you already got the ipod and your money back?"

I got credit for the offer instantly. I need 4 more people to sign up and complete an offer for my ipod. The one I chose I HAD to spend money, if you don't want to but takes longer for credit of offer, do the AOL one.

Assertn
Tue, 07-20-2004, 07:15 PM
oh, you ALSO need to get 4 people to sign up?

ah well, so much for that then i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

MGKyosuke
Tue, 07-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Hmm.....it's true Sony would make more profit by adding mp3 playback to the device. They're just being hard headed and trying to push this new format of theirs. What is it with Sony and new formats? There's ATRAC, this UMD they're trying to make popular with the PSP, and some other format I read about in OPM. It uses these paper thin discs.....I don't recall.

woofcat
Wed, 07-21-2004, 10:21 AM
No.. i figured this out. He needs 5 people to sign up and do one of those fourms and he does one. then those 5 people need 5 people and its a pryamid. so for the cost of 1000 Ipods that you Might win they earn tones in Market research and advertising.

hiddenpookie
Wed, 07-21-2004, 11:54 AM
getting 5 ppl to do it is NOT easy

Nine Tailed Demon
Wed, 07-21-2004, 06:36 PM
It's not, but no you don't need a credit card anymore for the ipod. I only need 3 more people. Even if you use your credit card you just cancel it...

Assertn
Wed, 07-21-2004, 09:56 PM
yes, but most people wont want to bother because then THEY will have to find 5 people that you didnt find yet

hiddenpookie
Thu, 07-22-2004, 12:26 AM
yeah i did sighn up but friendswont do it and in the end i might not get it v___v

Hokage_Naruto
Fri, 09-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Well here is my LINK,

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8374302

I just need 2 more people in order for me to complete the offer.

FOr the people who keeps thinking its a scam,

www.freeipodguide.com provides testimonials with pics and proof. The site is sponsored by FORTUNE 500 Companies so its ALL LEGIT

Black Knight
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:01 PM
clickity (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=12148&enterthrea d=y)
funny how one guy gets laughed at, and the other guy is taken seriously.. if anyone gets a free ipod in the mail, tell us.

Kakafosha
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:36 PM
i've seen replications of this site so many times already...shall i say, wtf??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

Darkflare
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:28 AM
just to let you know, i know someone personally, one of my friends, received an ipod from here.

Assertn
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:01 AM
i believe it......but i wouldnt be able to get 5 people to sign up under me
so i have no incentive to waste my time

Shi_No_Shikaku
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:04 AM
It maybe free and it maybe true but I can take some dog crap and put it in a bag and send it to you it doesn't mean you want it.

and yes ipod = dog crap in a bag

narutosharingan
Sun, 09-05-2004, 01:13 PM
This is actually legit, I thought it was a scam at first, but my friend got one in the mail, and , well, I believe it now.

And so here is my link : http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8651003

ilabb
Sun, 09-05-2004, 02:39 PM
It may not be a scam, no, but your mail (both land-based and e-mail alike) will be riddled with ads and crap.

I don't think it's worth it.

narutosharingan
Mon, 09-06-2004, 01:12 AM
It could, so I use an email specifically for this, and dont plan on using again.

As for mail, it works out nice for me in that I will have a different address next year since I'm in college. I won't be in the same room.