PDA

View Full Version : Naruto episodes skipping

chickenhound
Tue, 07-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Let me start by saying that all of the other 40 episodes I've downloaded before downloading 41-50 have worked perfectly. This is the first time that I've had any troubles with this series.

Anyway, these files are skipping REALLY badly. There are parts where the animation freezes for a moment, but the sound continues, so you hear the Japanese words but you don't have any subtitles. Or the file goes slowly, so the sound is fine but the subtitles don't come up right away, if they come up at all. Or the sound and the mouth movements of the characters don't line up, so it looks like a really bad dub. Or the animation pauses and jumps ahead, so you miss some movements -- which SUCKS because there are a lot of fight scenes in this episode. This doesn't happen constantly, just frequently enough to be really annoying, and driving me to a point where it almost isn't enjoyable to watch anymore, beacuse I keep missing things and having to click back to see what was said or what happened.

As Shika would say, "This is extremely troublesome." I'm using Windows Media Player; all of the other episodes haven't had this problem. Does anyone else experienced this, and how can I fix it? I'm afraid the next batch of episodes will be the same.

stos289
Tue, 07-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Well, most likely it is a codec problem. If it is, look at the post that I made in this (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=10378&enterthrea d=y) thread and you should be fine. Just download all the codecs I have there, and if you want, you can download VLC Player too (the link is there, and it's a good player too). If it is not, it could just be the player itself (you might want to consider a different player), or it could be your computer lagging because you are running too many things at once, or you have low RAM. Hope I could help.